DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/12/24 03:47 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/12/24 03:48 PM
RB and can be a ST returner. And who knows, this signing may be more about ST than the RB depth chart.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/12/24 03:50 PM
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/12/24 04:01 PM
If he's healthy, it's a solid signing. I vaguely remember rumors that the random jet ski accident (?) he was involved in was career threatening.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/12/24 04:06 PM
yeah, it's all about his health ... he can be a good returner and 3rd down type back (Duke Johnson-esque)
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/12/24 09:44 PM
Also, Hines played under Ventrone on ST in Indy.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/13/24 03:01 AM
Don't know much about him but glad we signed RB depth...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/13/24 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
RB and can be a ST returner. And who knows, this signing may be more about ST than the RB depth chart.

Could be. Even if not, I like the signing. One thing we have lacked is that scatback type player. Hines is a proven plus receiver out of the backfield. Hunt filled that role to some degree. I don't think any of our current backs could be considered plus receivers.

The rumor is we are going to pass the ball more. This signing is a clue to support that thought.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/13/24 11:46 AM
good point - Ventrone knows him well
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/13/24 04:32 PM
This is a meh signing. I don't expect him to make it out of camp.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns Sign Nyheim Hines - 03/13/24 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Could be. Even if not, I like the signing. One thing we have lacked is that scatback type player. Hines is a proven plus receiver out of the backfield. Hunt filled that role to some degree. I don't think any of our current backs could be considered plus receivers.

The rumor is we are going to pass the ball more. This signing is a clue to support that thought.

I agree. A good receiver out of the backfield, who can return kicks. A solid addition.
© DawgTalkers.net