DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: WooferDawg Six Positions - 03/22/10 12:19 AM
The Browns have six draft choices in the first 4 round. These are the rounds where need normally becomes a consideration in the draft. What six positions do you see the Browns taking and why?

1) Safety. - Obvious choice with the departure of Pool.
2) Quarterback - Delhomme and Wallace are not long term solutions.
3) Right OLine - I see a need even with the signing of Pashos.
4) Cornerback - McDonald has been toasted too many times to be considered a starter.
5) Wide Receiver - I am surprised the Browns have not signed anyone here.
6) DLine - The Browns have not replaced Williams, so I would expect a pick here.
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 12:26 AM
Damn.

I thought you were gonna share some kama sutra type knowledge up in this piece.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 12:28 AM
1) Safety - Gini and Ryan will want TWO new young safeties.
2) CB - Gotta add a new face to the corner spots. I like McDonald, but he has mental lapses that give up points.
3) WR - Looking for a fast slot WR to add to Robo and MoMass.
4) Guard- really don't need to explain.
5) Tackle - see #4.
6) MLB - Need to get stronger in the middle. We need a monster.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 12:48 AM
Quote:

Damn.

Like minds as they say!
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 01:00 AM
I don't give away secrets.
Posted By: Davy Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 02:06 AM
My fear is that as a fan base we will have unrealistic expectations with these picks. Of these picks if 2-3 are starters this year that will be a successful draft.
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 02:44 AM
S - 2
CB - 1
LB - 1
OL - 1
QB - 1
Posted By: DawgmaninCHARLOTTE Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 03:03 AM
S
QB
LB
CB
OL
DL

plus a TE-WR- and a newer roster
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 03:38 AM
I'll Play....

1. RT or RG if we can't protect the QB we won't win many games
2. DE- we are not getting any pressure nor any younger with these guys
3. SS we need someone to lay some wood in the outfield... bring the pain!
4. WR need a burner to keep the Safties true against the run and take pressure off momass
5. CB- we need our #1 or #2 cb so mcdonald can play the nickle where he belongs and adams can go back to being a spot starter DB
6.QB see 35 yrs of age

7. MLB- we need a leader on the D and that is most always the MLB

side note... I do not expect all of these to be addressed... I'd be happy with 1/2 being in some way resolved via draft
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 03:56 AM
Quote:

My fear is that as a fan base we will have unrealistic expectations with these picks. Of these picks if 2-3 are starters this year that will be a successful draft.

NO! SIX DAY-ONE STARTERS!

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 05:38 AM
Six? I was hoping for twelve...at least.
Posted By: ClayM57 Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 10:52 AM
Quote:

My fear is that as a fan base we will have unrealistic expectations with these picks. Of these picks if 2-3 are starters this year that will be a successful draft

Your fear will 100% come true, people on this board expect round # 7 pick to become a All-Pro, and complain when they dont get thier bust inducted into the HOF. So dont be scared, & your right 2-3 starters along with Depth would be a good year, lets cross our fingers for 5-6 ....LOL....See I'm already starting....
Posted By: RocDawg Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 11:27 AM
.I'm surprised nobody has us taking a C in the later rounds. what happens if Mack gets hurt.
with Fraley and Hadnot gone, a back up center becomes a need.
Can ES play center. for some reason as I type this he popped into my head. But that would make us weaker at two possitions if Mack went down.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 03:59 PM
Quote:

.I'm surprised nobody has us taking a C in the later rounds. what happens if Mack gets hurt.
with Fraley and Hadnot gone, a back up center becomes a need.
Can ES play center. for some reason as I type this he popped into my head. But that would make us weaker at two possitions if Mack went down.

good observation.
Posted By: GoHooterGo Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 05:27 PM
Quote:

Quote:

My fear is that as a fan base we will have unrealistic expectations with these picks. Of these picks if 2-3 are starters this year that will be a successful draft

Your fear will 100% come true, people on this board expect round # 7 pick to become a All-Pro, and complain when they dont get thier bust inducted into the HOF. So dont be scared, & your right 2-3 starters along with Depth would be a good year, lets cross our fingers for 5-6 ....LOL....See I'm already starting....

So true! Heck, look at Jennings, people were calling for him to Start when Lewis went down, lol.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Six Positions - 03/22/10 05:58 PM
Quote:

Damn.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
© DawgTalkers.net