DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: hooter Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 04:42 PM
Just for S's and G's, here's a couple things I've been mulling over. Didn't make a new thread just because it's kind of silly. This place is good enough.

Hooter's Oddball Last Minute Pre-Draft Predictions

1. Cleveland will not draft any of the four QBs on Gruden's special. H/H/M will draft two QBs, one in the 3rd and one in the 5th. Might try to stash one on the practice squad. One of those guys will be Tony Pike.

2. Cleveland will trade down again (from 7) this year, and again for not a ton of value. SF maybe trading up for Clausen, and giving up #s 13 and 49.

3. New England will try to trade up for once in their life, making sure they get Odrick.

4. Damaryious Thomas will get drafted a lot earlier than he should. Mid to early 1st.

That's all I got for now, feel free to share your thoughts or ignore as may be your want. Just wanted someting a little different to bash each other about for the next 2 days. lol.

Edit: fixed to remove response to the mock thread. Thanks guys.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 04:49 PM
Quote:

Hooter's Oddball Last Minute Pre-Draft Predictions

1. Cleveland will not draft any of the four QBs on Gruden's special. H/H/M will draft two QBs, one in the 3rd and one in the 5th. Might try to stash one on the practice squad. One of those guys will be Tony Pike.

2. Cleveland will trade down again (from 7) this year, and again for not a ton of value. SF maybe trading up for Clausen, and giving up #s 13 and 49.

3. New England will try to trade up for once in their life, making sure they get Odrick.

4. Damaryious Thomas will get drafted a lot earlier than he should. Mid to early 1st.

Disclaimer: I'm no draft guru, so what I say should be taken with .1 grams of salt.

I think Seattle is going to take Berry. The Browns are going to try to trade down (we'll never really know), but they won't find any takers. So, I think we'll take Haden at 7.

And, I think someone is going to trade in front of us in the 2nd to take McCoy.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 04:51 PM
Quote:

hehe. i agree that he'll likely be an unwarranted 1st rounder and I have seen quite a few mocks giving him to the Steelers w/ Santonio gone. if they pick DT instead of Pouncey, I will literally jump for joy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:06 PM
Quote:

The Browns are going to try to trade down (we'll never really know), but they won't find any takers. So, I think we'll take Haden at 7.

I was leaning that way myself. But now I think they'd take Thomas over Hayden.

Thomas can play both S and CB. I don't think he could cover #1 WR's, but he can be a good CB and plays S. I feel that kind of versatility in our secondary would be something very special.

jmho
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:07 PM
If Thomas is as good as many say he is, I'd have no problem taking him at 7.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:11 PM
That's kind of where I'm coming from as well 79.

I wouldn't have a problem with Thomas or Hayden actually. I don't like the idea of taking Spiller at #7 but there are more than one way that we could go of which I'd be happy with.
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:11 PM
I saw a tidbit in another thread that had 4 "unlikely draft predictions", so let's hear yours.

Not just for the Browns, but for the entire league.

I'll start...

With Eric Berry and Sam Bradford off the board, the Browns take Dez Bryant at #7.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:26 PM
Ndamukong Suh will be taken in the 1st round
Posted By: hooter Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:31 PM
Quote:

Ndamukong Suh will be taken in the 1st round

Bold, sir.
Posted By: AndraDavis4MVP Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:32 PM
Berry will fall to us at #7. Thats my prediction.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:32 PM
My "bold" predictions

1) If Berry is gone at 7, and the Browns cannot trade down (a) I expect a surprise (one of Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Jared Odrick, or Mike Iupati) (b) the Browns will have at least 2 picks in the first round this year.

2) Dez Bryant will fall to #27 Dallas.

3) There will be a record number of trades this draft.

4) Ryan Matthews is taken before CJ Spiller.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:37 PM
1. There will be a huge run on corners in the first..even more than expected.

2. Someone will trade up to get the TE Gresham.

3. Someone will trade up to take McCoy in the first round.

4. The Raiders will take Dez Bryant.
Posted By: Calzone Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:46 PM
With Mike Holgrem now running the show in Cleveland and committed to finally solidify the QB position, the Cleveland Browns select with the 7th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:56 PM
Quote:

With Mike Holgrem now running the show in Cleveland and committed to finally solidify the QB position, the Cleveland Browns select with the 7th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma

Highest paid Right Tackle EVER . . .
Posted By: hooter Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:59 PM
Quote:

Agreed. There have already been a ton of picks moved around. The NFL would love to add drama to the weekend to sell more Bud Light, I wonder if there are incentives somehow involved.
Posted By: Calzone Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 05:59 PM
So
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 06:01 PM
Mine?

The Browns will try to trade out of #7 if Berry (or better) doesn't land to them and will NOT be successful. They'll take their best option but will feel they are overpaying BIG TIME.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 06:08 PM
Brian Bulaga will be the 4th or 5th OT selected and not picked in the top 20. I believe he makes it all the way to the Packers at 23, who will feel compelled to take him because of their awful offensive line, but have reservations about it because they know he's not an NFL LT.

Brandon Graham will be the first DE or OLB selected in the draft.

Someone will trade up to select Terrence Cody.

Jordan Shipley will be gone by the end of Friday.
Posted By: Calzone Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 06:09 PM
Quote:

Mine?

The Browns will try to trade out of #7 if Berry (or better) doesn't land to them and will NOT be successful. They'll take their best option but will feel they are overpaying BIG TIME.

If you're going to overspend you might as well walk away with the best OL in all of football.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 06:14 PM
Quote:

If you're going to overspend you might as well walk away with the best OL in all of football.

Ross Verba is in this draft?
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 06:17 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Ross Verba is in this draft?

now, let's not get carried away... he's "top 3"
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 06:33 PM
Quote:

hehe. i agree that he'll likely be an unwarranted 1st rounder and I have seen quite a few mocks giving him to the Steelers w/ Santonio gone. if they pick DT instead of Pouncey, I will literally jump for joy.

Not so fast...I would hate it...I want the Steelers to take Pouncey, Davis, Iupati or Campbell....they will all bust or disappoint (only AVG) in the NFL. Thomas is a raw but very, very talented WR...like Kirwan, I'd take him over Bryant and over Pouncey for sure

You know Rick Gosselin? He knows draft stuff...this is what he sadi about this year's OL class:

"Offensive tackle is strong at the top of the draft, with as many as four going in the Top 20. But it thins dramatically in the mid-to-later rounds. This also is the worst interior offensive line board (guards and centers) I've seen in the last 10 years. "

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/...ne.3c6b83c.html
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 06:53 PM
Quote:

This also is the worst interior offensive line board (guards and centers) I've seen in the last 10 years.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong. But couldn't that mean worst depth wise? That doesn't mean Pouncey and Iupati are bad players, it could just mean that there isn't much after the,.
Posted By: hooter Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:23 PM
Don't know why he doesn't like Iupati and Pouncey, probably position value. DJB Hates interior OL in the first as we've all read countless times.

I do know Iupati is a boom/bust guy, as a lot of an OLs game is in technique and he is gonna need a lot of coaching. He has a ton of upside. I don't know much of anything about Pouncey other than what Hack had to say about him in DTs site mock. (which is that he likes him a lot.)

Dj, I don't get the love for Thomas on your part either. Seems like you have beat the drum against projects in the 1st and 2nd for a year now, but here you go pimping this guy. It's not like you.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:25 PM
I predict the Rams will trade Adam Carriker to the Redskins.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:25 PM
Bold, that. Hope we pass on Bradford and trade up to land Suh. I also hope for calorie-free ice cream and pastries. Dream along with me. I think it is all liar's poker until Thursday PM.
Posted By: ClayM57 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:28 PM
j/k

@ # 7 We go with Berry first, Thomas if Berry is gone.

2nd round we go Defence best LB availble.

3rd round we take Guard, ....DB.....WR

Other Thinks.....Clausen is this years I'm falling and cant get up player....

Colt will be taken in the late 1st round, around picks 22-30 some team will trade back into the first to draft Colt.

CJ Spiller ? if he came out last year would he still be the first RB projected to be taken in the draft or would he be a 2nd round pick....Exactly....he's the best this year, which says something about this RB class.

Tebow will be taken in the 2nd round possibley ahead of Clausen.

Browns will trade next years first round pick to move back into the late first round to draft Penn States Ordrack (Spelling) We will all think were drafting Colt but the pick will be Penn States DE.

We will also trade Shaun Rogers on draft day for a late 2nd round pick which we use to take a RB Toby Gearhart from standford or Dixon From Mississippi.

We end up not drafting a QB at all this year.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:30 PM
Quote:

Just curious as to why you think we will be taking a linebacker in the 2nd round as it is one our deeper positions.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:33 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Just curious as to why you think we will be taking a linebacker in the 2nd round as it is one our deeper positions.

My thought on that is "who is our best linebacker?"

I think you don't draft for depth at #38... I think you take an impact player who can improve your team. The mid-rounds are for depth.
Posted By: ClayM57 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:36 PM
We will be trading DQwill Jackson on draft day for picks next year, since were trading away our first round next year, our Lb core also has a couple older vets I see Spikes or Norwood i think his name is,
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:36 PM
Tim Tebow goes in the first round. To someone OTHER than Jacksonville.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:37 PM
If we take Spikes with our 2nd rounder I will shoot myself in the face.
Posted By: hooter Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:37 PM
I really wouldn't be surprised at all to see DBs taken in the 1st, 2nd, and one of the 3rds. Say...Haden, Allen, and Jones. Somebody has got to be good out of that group right??

For the Browns, of course, just to be specific.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:38 PM
"I predict the Rams will trade Adam Carriker to the Redskins."

I see what you did there...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:39 PM
Thank you, thank you. I will be here all night.
Posted By: legalizewd Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:46 PM
Philly takes McCoy one pick before the Browns do in the 2nd round.
Posted By: hooter Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:50 PM
Quote:

Tim Tebow goes in the first round. To someone OTHER than Jacksonville.

Strong. I like it.
Posted By: KingSteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:54 PM
Steve's Bold Predictions:

1. the Bills will try to sell tickets in the 1st on the consult of Ralph Wilson and take a big name instead of the tackle they need.

2 The Jaguars will try and try and try to fanagle a way to get Tim Tebow but will not be successful.

3. the draft that the Browns will assemble will inspire a ton of confidence in us and in the media and will will suddenly be touted as a playoff ready team even though we most likely wont be yet.

4. Due to the threat of suspension, the media will chide the Stellers for not drafting a QB in case Roethlisbergers suspension is lengthy, or laud the Steelers for being proactive in taking a QB in the middle rounds to protect themselves.

5. lastly...The Raiders will NOT be this years laughing stock of the draft...this year theyll actually manage a solid draft
Posted By: ClayM57 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:56 PM
Quote:

5. lastly...The Raiders will NOT be this years laughing stock of the draft...this year theyll actually manage a solid draft

LOL....Now thats funny...
Posted By: KingSteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:57 PM
BOLD!

but if they take Bruce Campbell...they will be.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 07:59 PM
Quote:

My "bold" predictions

1) If Berry is gone at 7, and the Browns cannot trade down (a) I expect a surprise (one of Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Jared Odrick, or Mike Iupati) (b) the Browns will have at least 2 picks in the first round this year.

I forgot one

5) Albert Haynesworth will be traded. I would love if he was traded to Tampa which would screw up everyone's mocks... ...I'll say he ends up in Seattle for #60 overall.
Posted By: ClayM57 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 08:00 PM
Quote:

5) Albert Haynesworth will be traded. I would love if he was traded to Tampa which would screw up everyone's mocks... ...I'll say he ends up in Seattle for #60 overall

I would love to see him get traded back to tennessee for a 5th rounder....LOL.........
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 08:08 PM
i predict that the Browns will trade down in the first ... and then trade up in the 2nd.None of the moves will be for a QB. Their QB choice will be in the 3rd - 5th range.

I predict that D'Qwell Jackson changes teams on draft day.

I predict that the Browns will grab Earl Thomas as a result of trading down in the first.

I predict that we grab 2 DL in the first 3 rounds of this draft, and maybe 3 overall.

I predict that we pick no RB, LB, or TE in this draft. No idea why ... just a gut feeling.

I predict that we'll take a fast WR with questionable hands. Maybe he'll develop .....

I could really see 3 DB being drafted. It is not beyond belief that the team could take 6 players between DL and DB.

I predict that we grab a T ... but probably not until the later rounds.

I predict that the Browns trade a pick for a future pick.

Oh ...and Saturday's lottery numbers will be ....
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 08:19 PM
I predict We go after a safety and then all offense. MH comments about our our pathetic "offensive" production last year sticks with me. We've done nothing at the WR position and have at best.. stop gap QB adds. We need a scary playmaker on offense at some point.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 08:24 PM
Quote:

Not so fast...I would hate it...I want the Steelers to take Pouncey, Davis, Iupati or Campbell....they will all bust or disappoint (only AVG) in the NFL. Thomas is a raw but very, very talented WR...like Kirwan, I'd take him over Bryant and over Pouncey for sure

I'm with you on Campbell for sure. not sure about Iupati since I really haven't seen him (he's supposedly raw and talented like Thomas). I really like Anthony Davis, but if he's drafted as a LT, then I'll agree that he will likely disappoint (he's a RT by nature).

but, Pouncey is good. and his versatility of being able to play OG or OC will give him extra benefit to some team (one reason I really like JD Walton for us in the 3rd). And the Steelers still have Ward, Wallace, and Sweed. They need OL much worse than WR and I will be happy to see them ignore OL.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 08:31 PM
Quote:

Dj, I don't get the love for Thomas on your part either. Seems like you have beat the drum against projects in the 1st and 2nd for a year now, but here you go pimping this guy. It's not like you.

Iupati is Kemoeatu as I think he's a G only and a liablity in the passing game especially at RT (he held a lot in the Senior Bowl)...he's a very, very good run-blocker but that's not enough for me to pick him anywhere near the Top2 rounds

Thomas IS somewhat a project but most WR are since most need route running refinement...you can't teach size and speed though...and despite all that Thomas produced...he was dominant...I have no problem with "projection" picks if they guys were dominant at what they did AND project good (work ethic, athletic ability) to learn more (it's not the palyers fault if the system he played in didn't ask more of him)...same with Barwin last draft....otoh I don't like guys like Ford or Price who were never dominant on the field and then become "hot prospects" just because of their workouts....Thomas is a really good #1 WR prospect...and while I don't want him in the 2nd or via uptrade I wouldn't if we picked him...if he's there at 38 he could very well be the BPA...and Heckert is strictly BPA in the top2 rounds...and it's the right thing to do, especially with the roster at hand
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 08:37 PM
Let's start with the bad picks. I'll put up some of the better ones tomorrow.

1st round pick busts:

Claussen
Bruce Campbell
Dem. Thomas
J. Pierre-Paul
Everson Griffen
Taylor Mays (though initially he's a success ala Roy Williams)
Kyle Wilson (again, initially he may be successful, but he'll be exposed for gambling too much ala Cromartie)
Roger Saffold (yes, there will be 7 OTs taken in the 1st round)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 08:53 PM
I will add Bulaga to that list. I just have a feeling.
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:00 PM
j/c

KC trades back with Philly and Philly takes Eric Berry.

Seattle takes Jimmy Clausen and regrets it for the next 10 years.

The Browns trade back with Denver and pick Earl Thomas.

Browns also do not take a QB until the 5th round when they select Mike Kafka.

We end up with 8 draft picks, 6 in the top 100.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:01 PM
Quote:

otoh I don't like guys like Ford or Price who were never dominant on the field and then become "hot prospects" just because of their workouts....

I'm on the same page with you on Price for that one but wholeheartedly disagree for Ford. From the Tigers' Website :

Quote:

Overview: One of Clemson's finest all-purpose players in history...did not get the credit for his all-purpose play because his career coincided with C.J. Spiller's at Clemson... Ford and Spiller finished as the NCAA's greatest all-purpose duo in history with a combined 11, 671 all-purpose yards

Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:08 PM
JPP semms to make everyone's overrated list..I don't know...he's a project, sure, but I think he has a good chance to succeed in a 43....I don't want him in a 34 though...Wilson is maybe the best cover CB in this class, but he doesn't like to tackle and that's a problem

I may be the only guy that doesn't like Odrick...maybe I'm totally wrong here, but the guy's on his butt too much for my liking...I don't see him as a good 34 DE fit (the body type, sure but not the skill set and playing style...he's the real project of the round if drafted for the 34 imho)
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:14 PM
Quote:

JPP semms to make everyone's overrated list..I don't know...he's a project, sure, but I think he has a good chance to succeed in a 43....I don't want him in a 34 though...

I think that's why he makes the overrated / bust lists though. Most have him getting picked up as a 3-4 OLB. I agree he has a better chance as a 4-3 DE, but I'd still have him significantly behind Derrick Morgan from GTech.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:34 PM
I predict that prior to the draft a Pro Bowl DLineman from a team drafting in the top 10 will crash his car at 330am with a carful of underage girls smoking weed in the backseat.. setting off a last minute trade and upsetting everyone's mocks

Wait, thats not bold, thats normal. My bad.
Posted By: hooter Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:39 PM
Quote:

Seattle takes Jimmy Clausen

Pete Carrol probably knows as much about Clausen as anybody else in the NFL. He is from Cali, was certainly recruited by Carrol and Played against USC every year.

This is a pretty believable scenario, which likely drops Berry to Cleveland as well. That would make a lot of people happy around here.

I can't imagine Philly trading up that far for a safety. Thomas would be more likely, wouldn't he?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:40 PM
Quote:

BOLD!

but if they take Bruce Campbell...they will be.

Which happens to be my prediction!

They'll overlook far more qualified OT's and go with Campbell at #8. The kid has only started at LT for a season and a half, yet he fits the "superfreak" mold Al Davis falls for every time.

The size, the speed and the footwork is there. The experience is not. Yep! That's an Al Davis pick!

Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:45 PM
How about this one?..... Browns fans won't like it....

Seattle takes Eric Berry at #6, but Jimmy Clausen falls, and Seattle takes him at #14.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 09:59 PM
With Walter Jones retiring, I don't see where the Hawks have much choice other than drafting a LT at #6. There will be slim pickins' there at #14 IMO, if they don't get one at #6.

Here would be a bit of a reach but seems more logical. They draft Buloga/Williams at #6 and somebody Carroll is already familiar with and knows his D...............Taylor Mays at #14

Posted By: Line Judge Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 10:25 PM
the Browns trade Seneca Wallace, a 3rd and a 6th for Jason Campbell
Posted By: Jester Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/20/10 10:35 PM
Browns fans will like this prediction even less - including me.

I predict Eric Berry is available at #7 AND we decide to draft somebody else - ugh! hope I am way off base on this one.
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 01:42 AM
1. We will make the trade for Bradford or we will move far back in the first for another team's 2011 first round pick. I think Holmgren wants to make sure he gets a top QB prospect either this year or next. With two 2011 first rounders he would have the firepower to get just about anyone next year.
2. DQ will not be a Brown at the end of the draft. He's simply not a fit for the 34 and it's awfully crowded at LB right now.
3. Our draft will be offense centric early, defense centric late. Holmgren and Haskell are old and have egos and probably would want to gouge their eyeballs out rather than watch the 2009 version of our offense this year. We'll get some guys who can create like McCluster, Gilyard and others. Remember Maclin and McCoy last year for Philly.
4. We'll love our draft. I've admired the Eagles drafts for years. I hope Heckert replicates his success here.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 01:50 AM
My Pedictions

1) If the Rams don't take Bradford, the Browns will trade with the Lions to get him.

2) If Berry is gone, the Browns trade back and/or take Thomas.

3) If Bradford is not drafted by the Browns in the first, they take McCoy in the second.

4) The thrid round picks will surprize many, because there is no 4th rounder to have as a fall back. I would not be surprised to see a , WR, TE and RB taken (pick 2).

5) The Rams trade of Carriker to Washington today opens them up to drafting Suh.

6) No McCoy or Bradford will mean the Browns will take Crompton or J. Brown in the fifth.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 01:53 AM
Well one thing is for certain, Heckert seems to have a great ability to draft POSITION/SKILL players. DeSean Jackson, Lesean Mccoy, Brian Westbrook, Jeremy Maclin.

So if we do take Spiller or another RB/WR in the later rounds, you have to think they really LOVE him.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 01:53 AM
Carriker trade could also be a sign that Shaun Rogers may have been trade bait to move up....
Posted By: LOYALDAWG Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 02:23 AM
Just going out on a limb here..
1.)The Jets will try to trade for the first five picks in the draft using only Kellon Clemmens.
2.)We will have to sit through a half hour segment about the Jets and how great they are.
3.)The Browns trade down with Seattle..allowing them to make back to back picks where they take Berry and OT or Claussen and OT..we get the 14th and their 2nd next year..not sure of the value chart for the rest.
4.)The Browns will package Rogers and Jackson to Tennessee and a pick to get Trent Williams at 16
5.)The Browns come out of this draft with either McCoy or Tebow
I could do this all day..LOL
Posted By: AndraDavis4MVP Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 03:14 AM
Quote:

Thursday night kicks off the 3-day extravaganza known as the NFL draft. For those fans of lousy teams, this is often the happiest time of year. For the NFL movers and shakers, this is the season of sending covert messages and reading between lines that may or may not be blurred.

Every year I like to throw some spaghetti at the wall and see what all sticks. Some of these are undercooked, some covered in sauce, and some will stick together nicely.

1. All the pre-draft hype about Jimmy Clausen and Dez Bryant plummeting in shock and embarrassment out of the top 20 will be proven foolish by the time the 12th pick is made. Remember last year when most everyone had Andre Smith in the 20s at this point in the process? I never moved him from #6 to the Bengals, and I based that on first-hand knowledge that teams don’t radically shift draft boards late in the process either.

2. Of the 32 1st round slots, just 15 of the selections will be picked by the teams currently occupying those slots, as of Monday afternoon. At least 8 of the 10 picks between 16-25 will be dealt--2 of those for 2011 first round picks as part (or all) of the compensation. And no picks above #7 will be dealt.

3. ESPN’s coverage will not go more than eight minutes without showing or mentioning Tim Tebow on Thursday. At least two near fistfights break out over how Tebow will fare in the NFL. For his part, Tebow will constantly grin and be congenial, which will only make haters in the live audience hate him and jeer more. He will be picked no later than #30 overall.

4. At least two fairly prominent current players will be dealt before Friday ends. Albert Haynesworth and Ben Roethlisberger will not be among them. A current Buffalo Bill will be one of them, and they will be on the receiving end as well, acquiring current Dolphins QB Tyler Thigpen.

5. The New England Patriots will trade out of every draft slot they currently occupy above the 6th round. They will select at least two players that, if the Raiders or Jaguars picked them would be soundly pilloried, but because it’s the Patriots they will be lauded for their “innovative vision”...and one of those will wind up making New England look brilliant three years from now.

6. Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden will both froth at the mouth over every single quarterback taken after the 3rd round, pronouncing each and every one a “potential future star” with “great fundamentals” and “outstanding intangibles”. At least half those QBs will fail to ever take a regular season snap, but it won’t stop either of those two from doing the exact same thing next year, either.

7. There will be great discussion about the critical importance of left tackles, and not once will these little tidbits ever get mentioned: the last 1st round tackle to win a Super Bowl was Tarik Glenn of the Colts, and the last Pro Bowl left tackle (not an alternate that got to go via injury, as Glenn was) to win a Super Bowl was Jonathan Ogden of the 2000 Ravens. Just three of the last 17 Super Bowl winners have featured a Pro Bowl left tackle; the only position with less Pro Bowl representation on Super Bowl winners is right guard, also with three.

8. Two players that most everyone expects to be first round picks that will fall to at least the 40s: Patrick Robinson and Jermaine Gresham. Two surprise first round picks that will visibly shake up Todd McShay: Chris Cook and Colt McCoy.

9. Most likely to have the Steve A. $mith draft coverage moment: Cris Carter. If you don’t know, $mith is a NBA writer (an excellent writer, btw) who during draft night coverage a few years ago was taken aback when the Seattle Sonics drafted Robert Swift in the middle of the first round. They were showing highlights of Swift in action and $mith had no idea that Swift was white, nor did $mith hide his disdain for Seattle choosing a gawky white teenager.

10. Most everyone agrees that the first four picks are pretty much set in stone. Here’s four others that I believe you can chisel as well, assuming the players are still available at that time: Joe Haden going #13, C.J. Spiller going #14, Rolando McClain going #15, and Ryan Mathews going #20. That last one assumes Kyle Wilson is off the board, however. I believe the Giants will trade up from #15 to ensure they can select McClain.

11. Speaking of Ryan Mathews, he has to be praying that Pittsburgh takes Kyle Wilson at #19. The Texans would prefer Wilson over him, and if Mathews doesn’t go to the Texans at #20 he could fall as far as Detroit’s pick at #34. The Chargers prefer Jahvid Best to fill their RB needs, though I don’t think they’re standing pat for a RB.

12. Over/under on the number of times Chris Berman mentions Brett Favre’s status: 27.5. Over/under on number of references to Mel Kiper Jr.’s hair: 12.5. Over/under on number of 1st round picks Gil Brandt successfully predicts: 28.5. If you have Sirius, you absolutely must mute the television and listen to Brandt, Pat Kirwan, and the other fine folks on Channel 124.

13. There will be just one kicker or punter selected before the 6th round, and it will be East Carolina punter Matt Dodge. This is the weakest year for specialists in a long time.

14. With Ernie Sims now in Philadelphia, you will be constantly reminded that the Lions no longer have one player on their roster that they drafted between 2002 and 2006. What you won’t hear is that they have drafted eight quality starters (nine if Kevin Smith comes back) in the last two years...and that’s before they take Ndamukong Suh. Granted I’m using the term “quality” relative to the crappola that Matt Millen brought in, but the Lions are clearly on the way up.

15. Oakland will shock everyone once again by choosing a stud athlete in the first round much higher than anyone expected that player to go. But this year it won’t be as big of a reach when they select Taylor Mays. Don’t forget that Al Davis has a 30+ year hard-on for USC players, and Mays is the most physically freakish prospect I’ve ever seen. There’s your mock draft teaser, Michael...

16. Two teams that will trade up in the 1st round from their current picks: Philadelphia and Seattle. The Eagles will jump up and take a safety, likely Earl Thomas. Seattle will move up from their pick at #14 and ensure they get CJ Spiller; Miami at #12 makes them nervous enough about Spiller for Pete Carroll to deal with Jacksonville, which is desperate to trade down.

17. Number of times you will hear Chiefs GM Scot Pioli talked about as a highly successful protégé of Bill Belichick: at least three for every pick they make. Number of current NFL starters produced from Pioli’s last four draft classes beyond the first rounders (three in New England, one in KC): four--including two kickers, far and away the worst in the league of anyone choosing in all four years. Number of times you’ll hear that mentioned by ESPN: maybe one.

18. Two teams that few expect have much interest in quarterbacks will spend at least a 3rd round pick or higher on a QB: Cincinnati and New Orleans. The Bengals prediction is predicated upon them not trading for Jason Campbell, a deal I would make in a heartbeat but looks less likely with each passing day.

19. The Carolina Panthers will continue their tradition of dealing their first round pick from the following year, trading that pick to move up and select Colt McCoy in the last five picks of the first round. That might not seem like enough on its own, but bear in mind Carolina is widely viewed as being in the beginning stages of a rebuild and that ’11 pick could very well be in the top 5.

20. Three non-BCS names to watch for on Friday night, a lot earlier than most people think: Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina; Torrell Troup, DT, Central Florida; Austen Lane, DE, Murray State. The #1 knock on all three is level of competition, and savvy GMs know that seldom limits defensive linemen with both athleticism and fundamentals, which all three possess.

21. Just because the Chicago Bears don’t have any selections in the first two rounds, don’t think that Bears fans have no reason to watch said rounds. As proven the past couple of years, GM Jerry Angelo has no qualms about dealing future #1 picks to jump up and take a player he wants. Packaging Greg Olsen can get them a few spots higher than just a 1st as well. Two names to keep an eye on for Chicago in the 25-40 range: Morgan Burnett and Devin McCourty.

22. Three players that were in every preseason top 50 prospect list will go undrafted: Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky; George Selvie, DE, South Florida; Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss. Someone needs to explain to me how a South Florida defense with Jason Pierre-Paul, Jerome Murphy, Nate Allen, and Kion Wilson--three top 50 picks and a top 150 pick, plus Selvie, could rank just 31st in scoring defense, tied with my NFL prospect-less (apologies to Thad Turner) Ohio Bobcats. Reminds me of NC State a few years back with Mario Williams, John McCargo, Manny Lawson, and Dajuan Morgan, which produced one stud and a whole lot of high-pick disappointment.

23. Two teams that are currently in the first round that I believe will not make a first round pick: Dallas and Minnesota. Fret not, Vikings and Cowboys fans, because the player pool between spots 20 and 50 is essentially interchangeable.

24. The draft value of high-character players such as Myron Rolle, Dominique Franks, Tebow, and Jordan Shipley will get them all selected at least 25 picks higher than they would go in a normal year based strictly on their on-field potential. Players with character questions that aren’t elite talents are going to be very disappointed with their draft slots--especially if Roethlisberger gets nailed with more than a 4-game suspension. Talent does not good when it can’t stay on the field, and even the Bengals and Raiders know and believe that.

25. My pick for Mr. Irrelevant this year is Steve Maneri, TE, Temple. Other picks I’ve seen in the pool I’m in: Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan; Keiland Williams, RB, LSU; Ramon Harewood, T, Morehouse; Noah Shepard, QB, South Dakota; and Kerry Meier, WR, Kansas

web page
Posted By: CaliforniaBrownsFan Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 03:41 AM
5 predictions

1) Browns trade DQ and third round pick #85 to KC to move up two spots in the first round to select Eric Berry. I figure RAC loves DQ and would push Pioli to make the swap.
2) Al Davis selects C. J. Spiller and throws the draft gurus into another tailspin. Spiller is fast. Enough said.
3) Clausen goes into a free fall and is selected by the Vikings at #30.
4) Browns draft Jameson Konz, TE/FB, Kent State with their final pick of the draft in round 6.
5) Colt McCoy is on the board when the Browns pick comes up in the second round and they pass on him. They take Kafka from Northwestern instead in round 5.

Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 11:45 AM
What about us trading DQ (which would make me sad since I like the guy, but I understand why we would) to move up in the 2nd to ensure we get Colt?

I see a lot of talk about us using him to move around in the first. But I have to think there are a lot of teams who believe we will take Colt with our 2nd rounder and may trade ahead of us.

JMHO
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 01:06 PM
My worst nightmare...

Tebow drops like a rock until he's at a level where he's just too good to pass by. We absolutely have to pull the trigger on him. Not a bad thing, mind you, but then the media machine starts up and turns him into the be all and end all savior of Browns football. Instant QB controversy.

My silver lining in this? He sees that he's mired behind two veterans for playing time so he gets on board with lining up at TE some, and sets the field on fire.

Hey, it could happen. Stranger things than that happen all the time in Berea.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 01:14 PM
Then we could have a special offense that would confuse the hell out of everyone .... including the fans, announcers, and opponents. (but hopefully, not our team)

Delhomme under Center ..... Wallace at WR ... Cribbs at RB .... and Tebow at H-Back ...... Mucho motion at the snap, and someone winds up with the ball ..... someone who has played QB before ..... and they complete a long bomb to another former QB ..... or hit a wide open former QB ...... or something. lol

It would be interesting to see anyway.
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 01:31 PM
Problem is I'd keep hearing "Entry of The Gladiators " in my head every time the line got set. That would be OK as long as it wasn't signaling another clown parade.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 01:42 PM
1. DQ won't be traded in the draft because he hasn't signed his tender. Unless he signs it before the draft, we CAN'T trade him!

2. Rogers won't be traded because with a suspension looming, you won't get sqwat for him so you'd be giving him away! No real value so at that point he's worth more to us than it would be giving him away.

Posted By: ClayM57 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 05:32 PM
Quote:

1. DQ won't be traded in the draft because he hasn't signed his tender. Unless he signs it before the draft, we CAN'T trade him!

*****We'd be surprised how fast we can fax a contract & how fast he would sign a deal if we found a trade partner.

2. Rogers won't be traded because with a suspension looming, you won't get sqwat for him so you'd be giving him away! No real value so at that point he's worth more to us than it would be giving him away.

*****Rogers isnt a every down player anyway, a team who is thinking they are gonna be in contension come November might just look at his 2-3-4 game suspension as time for him to rest and be ready for when they need him in november for a playoff push....Wonder if Jets would like him on thier line come mid november - December ?

Just saying.....things can happen fast if they want it to happen...

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 06:01 PM
Well, "they" is the big question here.

Does DQ want to make it easy on the Browns or does he want to force their hand? Does he really want out of Cleveland or just get paid?

Does our FO really want to trade him at this juncture for a third rounder or less? Do we have the LB'er core to make it practical for us to dump him on the cheap this year?

What other teams really want DQ? Does he fit their system? Is he an improvement to THEIR LB'ing core?

So you'd have to get a lot of "them's" on the same page in short order.

And Rogers. Will he be playing 14 games or 16 games? You really feel a team can do guesswork on that when making an offer?

I'm just saying these things seem to be far less likely with each passing moment than they are likely. Not saying they "won't happen", but if I had to make an educated guess at this point in time I see it being far less likely.

jmho
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 06:26 PM
Since it's for S&G's:

Browns Trade Up to #1 by sending our #7, Big Baby and a 3rd to the Rams.
They select Suh with Bradford still on the board.
Forcing McCoy to fall to them in the 2nd.
They get Taylor Mayes in the 3rd round...
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 08:29 PM
Quote:

Since it's for S&G's:

Now that's a bold prediction. Half of the posters on this board would be jumping for joy, the other have going up in spontaneous combustion.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 08:39 PM
Quote:

Since it's for S&G's:

I'm pretty sure I just wet myself at the thought of having:

1. N. Suh
2. C. Mccoy
3. T. Mays

My bold predictions:

Carlos Dunlap will not be drafted in the 1st round

Tim Tebow WILL be drafted in the 2nd round or higher

Rolando Mcclain will be a top 10 pick

My boy Damian Williams will be a Brown
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 08:49 PM
Quote:

My boy Damian Williams will be a Brown

but in what round?

(i personally think there's not a great chance he actually lasts to the 3rd round no matter where mock drafts have him ranked)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 08:51 PM
Going into the off-season I thought Williams was a borderline 1st round pick. What has happened to make him drop?
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 08:56 PM
Maurkice Pouncey will be a top 20 pick.
Tim Tebow will be a 1st rounder.
Six offensive tackles will go in Round 1.
Bruce Campbell will not be a 1st rounder.
5 pass rushers will be picked in the 1st.
Carlos Dunlap won't be a 1st rounder.
Four cornerbacks will go in the 1st.
Taylor Mays will not be a 1st rounder.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 08:59 PM
and now for the best players to pick in the 1st round. you might notice a theme of defense and OT.

Suh (won't get D-ROY because of stats, but will be best D-rookie)
Berry
Haden
Earl Thomas
Rolando McClain
Okung
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Derrick Morgan
Brandon Graham

The non-OT and non-Defense division:
Markice Pouncey
Ryan Matthews

The surpise 1st round pick:
Jerry Hughes (Jets @ 29)

Quote:

1st round pick busts:

Claussen
Bruce Campbell
Dem. Thomas
J. Pierre-Paul
Everson Griffen
Kyle Wilson (again, initially he may be successful, but he'll be exposed for gambling too much ala Cromartie)

Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 09:02 PM
If Berry is gone at 7, I'd love to see Mays fall to us in the 2nd
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 09:06 PM
j/c... most of these predictions aren't very bold.

And no, changing the font emphasis doesn't make it better.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 09:09 PM
Okay I'm changing my Tebow prediction.... He will be a Top 10 pick for a team not named Jacksonville!
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 09:10 PM
Tim Tebow gets drafted in the first round....

By...

Wait for it....

Almost there....

The Dallas Cowboys

Is that bold enough?
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 09:11 PM
^That was to Cleve... Not you, Candy
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 09:48 PM
that is bold.

longhorn fans in dallas would be bellyaching that he didn't draft mccoy.

sooner fans in dallas would be bellyaching that he didn't magically trade up to #1 and draft bradford.

cowboy fans would put even more drama on Romo (they seem to like doing that here)

and Tebow isn't a Razorback which would throw all other facets out the window when it comes to Jerry.

you know what though, I like it. would really stir up the pot down here (no, i don't like it as beneficial for the cowboys, just as entertainment for me)
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/21/10 09:48 PM
Quote:

Is that bold enough?

Yes, thank you.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 06:16 PM
j/c

FYI, my wife said she has a vibe we're taking Spiller at 7. She didn't have anything to really back it up, just a vibe. And, seeing how she is my wife and therefore never wrong, I guess we can take it to the bank.
Posted By: Olskool711 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 06:26 PM
Quote:

4.)The Browns will package Rogers and Jackson to Tennessee and a pick to get Trent Williams at 16

I really like that one.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 06:30 PM
J/C

For whatever reason, and it's unexplainable, I've had this feeling all week that we will end up taking someone no one has talked about all these weeks....

Dan Williams, DT Tennessee

and NO..it's not who I want
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 06:31 PM
I'd say she has something to back it up....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5...mp;confirm=true

Courtsey of Pat Kirwan

7. Cleveland Browns
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
Spiller is a 20-touch-a-game guy right away between rushing, receiving and returns. With an aging veteran quarterback like Jake Delhomme -- who knew how to get the ball in Steve Smith's hands for years in Carolina -- Spiller could get close to 1,800 yards of total offense in his rookie season.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 06:34 PM
Check out the 'Mock Drafts Part 2" thread. Near the end, I posted Pat Kirwan's mock draft from NFL.com. He has us taking Spiller.

Personally, I'd barf (unless he turns into a Pro Bowl RB). Our current group of running backs might not be great, but we need to fix the right side of the O-line before worrying about a RB. Plus, we have to fill all the other holes too.

Well....I guess since I'm here, I have to make a bold draft prediction. Ummmm.....We'll take Colt McCoy in the 2nd but not with the 38th pick, we'll trade up to get him at #34 (giving up #134 in the 5th round).
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 07:17 PM
Quote:

j/c
And, seeing how she is my wife and therefore never wrong, I guess we can take it to the bank.

Actually, it's not that she's never wrong, but it's that she's your wife, so You are never Right
Posted By: Jester Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 07:27 PM
My personal feeling is that Ryan Mathew Fresno St will be the best Rb to come out of this draft.
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 07:28 PM
Quote:

Quote:

j/c
And, seeing how she is my wife and therefore never wrong, I guess we can take it to the bank.

Actually, it's not that she's never wrong, but it's that she's your wife, so You are never Right

So does that mean he is wrong when he says his wife is never wrong? Or does that just mean that he got this one right and his wife really isn't ever wrong?

My head hurts...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 08:59 PM
Quote:

My personal feeling is that Ryan Mathew Fresno St will be the best Rb to come out of this draft.

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/22/10 09:02 PM
I STILL HOPE:

Posted By: clevesteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 01:56 AM
Quote:

Brian Bulaga will be the 4th or 5th OT selected and not picked in the top 20. I believe he makes it all the way to the Packers at 23, who will feel compelled to take him because of their awful offensive line, but have reservations about it because they know he's not an NFL LT.

2/2 so far...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 02:14 AM
Wow .... I never thought that Tebow would be the 2nd QB off the board .... and to Denver? I mean, they just traded for Quinn ... who according to some will be All Everything there ......

Quinn might be cut by the end of training camp. CBS Sportsline's coverage ust referred to him as a "throw-away".
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 03:24 AM
Quote:

Quote:

My "bold" predictions

I forgot one

5) Albert Haynesworth will be traded. I would love if he was traded to Tampa which would screw up everyone's mocks... ...I'll say he ends up in Seattle for #60 overall.

1) nope
2) 1/2 correct, right team, wrong spot
3) on target
4) nope
5) still TBD

I was 9 correct on my mock, the worst I've ever done - sadly my last mock for this draft had 13 right.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 03:48 AM
Quote:

Tebow would be the 2nd QB off the board .... and to Denver? I mean, they just traded for Quinn

i think joe might be making his exit now though, so there's that.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 03:51 AM
Quote:

1st round pick busts:

Claussen
Bruce Campbell
Dem. Thomas
J. Pierre-Paul
Everson Griffen

do i get credit that it seems NFL GM's agree with me or discredit because they didn't make it in the 1st round (most of them at least
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 07:07 PM
Quote:

I was 9 correct on my mock, the worst I've ever done - sadly my last mock for this draft had 13 right.

Just heard Pat Kirwin mention he thought he did very well with 11 exact and 25 of 32 players he had in his 1st round mock end up in the first round. Makes me feel better about 9 exact and 27 of 32 in my 1st round mock end up in the first round.
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 07:10 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Just heard Pat Kirwin mention he thought he did very well with 11 exact and 25 of 32 players he had in his 1st round mock end up in the first round. Makes me feel better about 9 exact and 27 of 32 in my 1st round mock end up in the first round.

If it makes you feel better, draft guru Deep only had 6 right
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 08:41 PM
It was a rough year to do predicting.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 08:56 PM
He did hit on that J Pierre-Paul guy. I give Deep props for that because that pick blew those commentators away.
Posted By: Jester Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/23/10 10:02 PM
Mostly because of Berry. He could have gone 4th through 7 or even 10. Each spot would give the draft a different complexion.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Bold Draft Predictions - 04/27/10 12:26 AM
3 out of 4 ain't bad...

Quote:

Someone will trade up to select Terrence Cody.

Jordan Shipley will be gone by the end of Friday.

© DawgTalkers.net