DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: ThatGuy The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:18 AM
Let's try this...

Let's have a thread about the draft...

NOT REALATED TO ANY QB DISCUSSION WHAT-SO-EVER!

Ready? ...Go!
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:21 AM
kinda hard to do.. but.. i'll start it up...

Vinny Curry... we gotta get this guy!! Dude plays RDE and would go perfect playinig opposite of LDE.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:27 AM
He's got great physical talent, but he really didn't make a significant impact when I watched him vs ECU or FIU. Those aren't exactly BCS-bowl-bound programs. I think he can be coached up... He doesn't look clueless... but I wouldn't say he's a stud by any means. Maybe put him on a line with sheard, tube, and Taylor and he can make an impact.

I think he could be a good second round pick if he's there, but if we take a corner or LB instead I won't be upset.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:27 AM
Is there any talk of Osi Umenyiora becoming a FA? I know NYG are a playoff team, but he's always seemed misstreated there, and I'd love to see him give Sheard some tips...
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:29 AM
Impossible!

lol
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:31 AM
Quote:

kinda hard to do.. but.. i'll start it up...

Vinny Curry... we gotta get this guy!! Dude plays RDE and would go perfect playinig opposite of LDE.

Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:32 AM
Quote:

Let's try this...

Let's have a thread about the draft...

NOT REALATED TO ANY QB DISCUSSION WHAT-SO-EVER!

Ready? ...Go!

QB being out of the discussion I would like Clayborn(sp?) or Blackmon. I think either would really help this team. Not sure what LB's would be out there at our 1B pick or if they would even be worth looking at.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:39 AM
Blackmon for WR1 at #4
Lamar Miller for RB in the 20's
Zebrie Sanders or Adcock for RT in the 2nd
or Chase Minnifield for CB2 in the 2nd
Sean Spence for WOLB - love if he lasted to the 3rd round
Broyles for slot in the 4th
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:39 AM
Curry will probably be moved to the other side. He doesnt seem to have the quickness for RDE.

Montgomery and Mercilus seem like the 2 most likely targets. I really like Mercilus, I think he has Dwight Freeney potential. Real speed to be that edge rusher and a nonstop motor.
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:51 AM
On a serious note, I'd like to talk players for our 1B through 4th round picks....

Some I like...

Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
Kendall Wright WR Baylor
Lamar Miller RB Miami
Mohammed Sanu WR Rutgers
Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
Chase Minnefield CB Virgina
Brandon Washington OG Miami
Chris Polk RB Washington
Lavonte David OLB Nebraska
LaMichael James RB Oregon
Robert Lester FS Alabama
Levy Adcock OT Oklahoma State
Joe Adams WR Arkansas
Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:55 AM
I think Kendall Wright is the next Desan Jackson type....

I was dissapointed when we didn't get Titus Young out of Boise...

I'd REALLY like a guy like Wright (more specifically, Wright himself..)

I think Chase Minnefield would be a nice pickup, hopefully his name doesn't get him over drafted...

And I'm a fan of LaMichael James in the 3rd as a change of pace if we keep Hillis (Think Jacobs/Bradshaw in NYG)
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 03:59 AM
what do you guys think of Mike Adams from OSU? I think he'd be a much better RT. My concern when I take off my Scarlett and Gray glasses is that he's been in trouble a few times (selfishness) and there were always rumor/talk of his lack of desire.

From a talent standpoint, I think he's up there as a late first but I think the other stuff will push into the 2nd round maybe even 3rd if he doesn't interview well
Posted By: LOYALDAWG Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 04:01 AM
Quote:

what do you guys think of Mike Adams from OSU? I think he'd be a much better RT. My concern when I take off my Scarlett and Gray glasses is that he's been in trouble a few times (selfishness) and there were always rumor/talk of his lack of desire.

From a talent standpoint, I think he's up there as a late first but I think the other stuff will push into the 2nd round maybe even 3rd if he doesn't interview well

Speed Rushers give him problems..The guy I like Vinny Curry gave him fits.
Posted By: BatDawg Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 04:22 AM

IMO, talent-wise late first easily. However I think his best spot is a RT in the pros, and a darn good one at that. I think his 'lack of effort' is a concern and he has been accused of that for years, perhaps its a maturity thing and something he will correct when surrounded by pros on his case, hopefully for him, but risky.

If we got him with our 2nd rounder I'd be OK with that, or better yet our 3rd, but he won't be there (I doubt). I'd consider trading back into the late 2nd for him, but not giving up much to do so.

He has good feet, long arms, and is an exceptional run-blocker. Struggles against pure speed rushers, but holds up against bull rushers well. Needs to stay down more, keep his knees bent and not waist bending.

I think it will be interesting to see how he does at the senior bowl practices against some top DE's. He did very well against Vinny Curry, last year, 2010 engulfed him on runs, and held his own on passing downs, but did surrender 2 sacks to Curry.

He hasn't done anything illegal (felonious at least), that I know of, but he has broken rules and that is a concern that he either has bad people around him, or isn't much of a leader to avoid those situations. Unless of course he is the leader, and leads others into those types of situations.

Overall though I would still say late 1st to mid 2nd is his range, a lot will depend on background check and how he interviews. He has the talent to succeed, but does he have the maturity.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 04:24 AM
I'd love to get LaMichael James in the 3rd round or later, I just don't think he'd be around.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 04:34 AM
If he comes out, Monte Ball looks interesting in the 2nd.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 06:11 AM
Quote:

If he comes out, Monte Ball looks interesting in the 2nd.

Just a heads up.

Montee Ball returns to Wisconsin

I don't get that decision at all. He's a running back which means he should get his money as soon as possible and it's not like he has something to prove as he had close to 900 TD's last season. Also, Russell Wilson will be gone so the team will be worse.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 06:16 AM
Oh well, so much for that. lol

I don't understand the decision ..... but it's his decision to make.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 11:31 AM
If we don't trade it away for the unspeakable subject, Mohammad Sanu with pick IB.

Pick 1A, either the other unspeakable, unless we sign one in FA, Richardson, or a top lineman, either side of the ball.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 01:22 PM
Almost everything about the draft will depend on what we do in free agency.

I really expect that we will look for a WR who has had, at least, a small amount of experience in the WCO. Bringing in another guy who has to start from scratch won't help anyone all that much. We could also grab a WR in the draft, but I suspect that we will find a capable, if not superstar, experienced WCO type WR in free agency. This makes too much sense if it takes 3 years to learn the offense.

We could also look for a RT in free agency. If we do, I suspect that he will be a young veteran type who can grow together with a young OL so that we don't have to keep trying to find pieces every year. I also think that we could double up in the draft at this position.

A DT or DE will probably be on the agenda in free agency. We definitely need a backup inside, and we need a starter opposite Sheard at DE. Given that it seems that DTs go a whole lot higher in the draft than 4-3 DEs, I would guess that we will look for a a DT in free agency who can fit into a rotation behind Rubin and Taylor.

LB might be a spot we look at in free agency. I think that it would take the right player for them to make a move at this position. If this position slides to the draft, I don't see this as a high pick priority for Heckert. I suspect that LB falls in with DE as a position that can be found outside the 1st, and maybe even below the 2nd round.

RB is an iffy proposition. There is a possibility that we go into the season with what we have, and maybe add a mid round pick. I do not see this as a high pick priority. I also don't see us going out to sign a player here in free agency. I do not see Hillis back.

So, I see these as the most likely free agency moves:

1) Experienced WCO WR
2) RT
3) DT
4) Maybe an OLB or RB if the right one became available. I cannot see this front office putting a ton of money into either of these 2 positions though. I just don't think that they put a huge monetary value on either position in the WCO and 4-3.

In the draft, there is a position that cannot be mentioned, and then WR, RT, DE, LB, RB, CB, and S all to be addressed. S will depend largely on whether or not the team wants to, and can re-sign Mike Adams. It would be nice to find a real difference maker at S, but I don't think that there is one in this draft. I can see us doubling up at some positions between free agency and the draft. WR definitely falls into this category, and I believe that finding an experienced WCO guy might even be more important than drafting a guy early in the draft. I do not see us going RB early. I just don't think that Heckert puts a first round value on the position. (a hunch) We could find another CB in the 1st round. That would not surprise me at all ........ and in fact, if we stay put and have a player at a certain position that we like fall into our laps at #4, then a CB at our 2nd 1st rounder might not be out of the question.

If we re-sign Jackson, then I suspect that we will look for a fast LB in the draft. If we don't, then obviously we go looking for a MLB either in free agency or the draft. I would guess that a one year franchise deal might not be completely out of the question if they can't get a deal done. While i am glad that we have adjusted the Jauron model on defense away from smaller LB, I think that we still need a fast player at OLB, and one who can rush the passer. Again, I think that this could be a 2nd-3rd round pick. I think that the pass rush really has to have some importance in this draft, and if we can pick up a DT in free agency, then we can look for another speedy DE in the draft.

I get the feeling that we will be trading up in this draft .... but maybe not from #4. I think that we might try to sneak back into the 2nd/3rd to add a pick there. I think that we could really help retool a lot if we could find another 2nd, and wind up with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of a pretty deep draft.

If I had to guess what form the draft will take, and what the priorities will be right now, I would guess that it would look something like this. (based on no free agent moves, and in order, not by round)

1) A position that cannot be mentioned
2) CB
3) DE
4) WR
5) OL
6) RB

After that ..... it's fill in the blanks with the best available.

I would not expect our picks at WR and OL to start on day 1. I would expect our picks at CB and DE to do so. (and maybe RB as well)

That's how I see things, and how I suspect things will break out as the off-season takes shape.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 02:39 PM
he's probably a bit disheartened that he's not known as a 1st round prospect despite the year he has had. if he can even come close to replicating it without Wilson back there, he could move up in the draft a bit. of course, he'll still be discredited a bit because of Wiscy's always excellent OL.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 07:31 PM
Quote:

it's not like he has something to prove as he had close to 900 TD's last season.

Did they play Clemson every week?
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/05/12 08:18 PM
I asked in another thread about Reuben Randle, WR, LSU ? He appears to be a top 5 rated WR with good size and decent speed. I have heard his name but haven't seen any LSU games this year. I thoughtt he might be available in the second if we go another direction in the first.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/13/12 03:38 PM
I thought about creating a separate running backs thread, but I really only wanted to post this, since I thought it was unusual...

Gators RB to try out for Olympics … Florida RB Jeff Demps has reportedly decided not attend the combine or any other pre-draft workout. Instead, Demps plans to devote his full energies to trying to make the U.S. 2012 Olympics sprint team. Demps, of course, will still be available at this spring’s draft and there is a chance that some team could take a flyer on him with a late round pick.

http://www.gbnreport.com/
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/13/12 04:05 PM
good luck to him. hope he makes the Olympic team.

and I don't blame him one bit. i'd do the same thing. he can always add bulk and try out for the NFL next year (someone will give him a shot). the Olympics is a once in a lifetime gig and it happened to line up perfectly for him. go for broke.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/13/12 04:47 PM
RBs I like wnad when they would be be great value for us:

- Richardson at 22 (or outside the Top 10 if we trade down, uptrade depends on cost but probably not worth it)

- little to no value at 37 imho

- 3rd if 1 of Miller, Wilson or Polk falls to 68

- D.Martin with high 4th

- Gray with the low 4th

- Hillman with low 4th/5th

- Adonis Thomas with any 6th/th
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/13/12 05:41 PM
Big Board: BCS title game a showcase for first-round talent

By Rob Rang | NFLDraftScout.com

What the BCS Championship Game may have lacked in drama it more than made up for in star power.

Six players from that game are included in my top 32, with Alabama running back Trent Richardson and LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne among the top-five prospects, overall. Each player announced Thursday his intention to enter the 2012 draft. Creating a "Big Board" at this point in the year isn't necessarily designed to predict who will be the first 32 picks of the 2012 NFL Draft. Obviously, with all-star games, workouts and interviews each playing critical roles in determining a player's final grade, much will change between now and April.

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford*: Disregard the fact that Luck lost the final game of his collegiate career, as he was his typically brilliant self in the Fiesta Bowl. It isn't just that Luck possesses all of the physical traits to earn the No. 1 overall pick. His intelligence, anticipation and poise are phenomenal. Say what you will about Robert Griffin III's upside, Luck is as close to a sure thing as it gets in the NFL Draft.

2. Matt Kalil, OT, Southern Cal*: Kalil isn't as fundamentally sound and consistent as scouts would like, but he possesses the great size, athleticism and balance to be a top-five pick and Pro Bowl-caliber player.

3. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama*: Sophomore quarterback AJ McCarron was named the offensive MVP of the BCS Championship Game and his strong performance deserved acknowledgement. Any observer knows that Richardson was the best offensive player in the game; his 96 rushing yards and his 34-yard touchdown run to seal the victory proved it. Teams are hesitant to invest first-round picks in running backs but Richardson is an elite talent.

4. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor*: Griffin made his leap into the NFL official Jan. 11 but scouts had been anticipating his decision for weeks. The Heisman winner possesses as extraordinary a combination of speed and touch on the deep ball as the NFL has ever seen but isn't without warts. The adjustment from the same offense that helped Kevin Kolb produce eye-popping collegiate numbers is a significant one and could force his future NFL team to have a plan in place for 2012 before RG3 can reasonably be expected to play well at the professional level.

5. Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU*: Unless you were watching closely you may have missed Claiborne in the BCS title. While he registered five tackles (four solo) only once did Alabama complete a pass to Claiborne's primary responsibility. That pass went to Chris Underwood for eight yards in the first quarter. Avoiding him is perhaps the greatest compliment that Nick Saban and his staff could have given Claiborne, the 2011 Thorpe Award winner.

6. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State*: Dominating the Stanford secondary to the tune of eight catches for 186 yards and three touchdowns, Blackmon emphatically staked his claim as a top-10 prospect -- though his straight-line speed remains a concern for some.

7. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford*: In terms of consistent dominance, there hasn't been an offensive or defensive lineman I've graded higher thus far this season than DeCastro. Only the fact that he plays guard may keep him out of the top half of the first round.

8. Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa*: Reiff was challenged by an athletic Oklahoma defense and, quite frankly, was beaten on occasion. However, he demonstrated the quickness in pass protection and physicality in the running game scouts are looking for in a prototypical blindside tackle.

9. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama*: Just as the Crimson Tide elected not to challenge LSU's Claiborne very often, the Tigers rarely looked in Kirkpatrick's direction in the BCS championship. The angular and athletic Kirkpatrick limited LSU's big play wideout Rueben Randle to just three catches for 13 yards Monday night and showed his trademark toughness in run support, as well.

10. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford*: Martin's size (6-6, 305) and athleticism is very intriguing -- especially in a zone-blocking offense. Scouts wonder, however, if he has the physicality to be successful in every scheme. What they don't have to wonder about is Martin's light feet and balance in pass protection. Some scouts grade Martin higher than either Kalil or Reiff as a pass blocker.

11. Devon Still, DT, Penn State: Still's talent has always been obvious, but until this season it has lied under the surface. Just as Phil Taylor rode a dominant senior campaign into a first-round pick, however, don't be surprised if Still is able to do the same -- especially if he can follow Taylor's lead and enjoy a stellar week at the Senior Bowl, as well.

12. Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College*: More decorated than a wedding cake, Kuechly was honored with the Lombardi, Nagurski and Lott Impact Trophy awards after leading the country in tackles for the second consecutive season. Manti Te'o's decision to return for his senior season at Notre Dame only increases Kuechly's stock that much more. Kuechly isn't likely to be drafted this highly, but he's viewed by most scouts among the safest talents in the country -- despite the fact he's just a junior.

13. Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama: With a team-high seven tackles, including a sack and numerous pressures, Upshaw was recognized as the BCS Championship Game's defensive MVP. Playing well in bowl games is nothing new for the Alabama pass rusher as he earned the same accolades after posting five tackles, including three for loss and two sacks in a 2011 Capital One Bowl thrashing of Michigan State. Among the most versatile defenders in the country, Upshaw's burst and strong, active hands make him a natural pass rusher capable of seeing the field early. I like him best attacking the line of scrimmage and think he's a perfect fit as 3-4 outside linebacker. He's strong and tenacious enough, though, to play on the line at defensive end for 4-3 teams, as well.

14. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor: Wright led the Holiday Bowl with seven receptions but "only" registered 91 yards and a touchdown. His statistics likely would have been much more impressive had Baylor not been able to run the ball left, right and down the middle against Washington (482 yards, eight touchdowns).

15. Dontari Poe, DT/NG, Memphis*: At 6-5, 350 pounds, Poe certainly has the bulk scouts are looking for. What is most impressive about him, however, is that at this size Poe is also light on his feet and plays with a high-revving motor. Poe is only a junior and is clearly raw, but in a relatively weak defensive tackle class, he could fly up the board.

16. Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia: A veteran Georgia offensive line was challenged by some exotic blitzes from Michigan State but Glenn held his own and didn't allow any of the four sacks the Spartans forced in their Outback Bowl victory. The 6-5, 350-pounder moved outside to left tackle as a senior but the majority his starts come inside at guard, where many scouts view his NFL future.

17. Mark Barron, SS, Alabama: Instinctive, physical and a significantly more reliable open field tackler than he was earlier in his career, Barron has established himself as the unquestioned top safety of the 2012 draft. Though he only registered two tackles overall against LSU, one of them was for a sack, lending to the theory that the three-year starter has the athleticism and toughness to make plays near the line of scrimmage or in space.

18. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame: At 6-3, 224 pounds Floyd has the size, strength, route-running and reliable hands to intrigue any team in search of a split end. Where he'll ultimately wind up being drafted, however, won't be determined until he proves his straight-line speed for scouts and answers teams' questions about his dubious off-field behavior.

19. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina: Let's be clear. Coples is the most physically gifted defensive lineman in the draft. At 6-6, 285 pounds physically-speaking, he'll earn first-round grades from scouts working for 3-4 and 4-3 clubs, alike. Coples has developed a me-first reputation, however, and doesn't play with enough snap-to-snap consistency to earn the top-10 grade from me that his talent obviously warrants. Coples' uninspiring play has been evident all year long and was just as obvious in UNC's 41-24 trouncing by Missouri in the Independence Bowl.

20. Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama: As expected, Jenkins has been a man among boys at this level after starring at Florida. Scouts will investigate Jenkins' off-field antics closely, but won't lose sight of the fact that he's the most talented senior cover corner in the country and has returned four punts for touchdowns this season, earning All-American honors.

21. Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State*: Cox may be relatively unknown outside of the SEC, but in winning the conference defensive lineman of the week four times this season, his opponents certainly know him. Scouts do too, as the 6-4, 295-pounder has the size, strength and athleticism to play in either a three- or four-man front.

22. Nick Perry, DE, Southern Cal*: Upside is also the key word with Perry. The 6-3, 260 pound pass rusher led the Pac-12 in sacks and seems to be just scratching the surface of his potential. With no bowl game for USC and Perry having already committed to the draft, he's getting a jump start in preparing for workouts. Based on the explosiveness evident on tape, that could lead to some eye-popping numbers.

23. Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State*: The headliner in a dominant Michigan State unit that led the Big 10 in both run and total defense, Worthy proved his ability to take over games with five tackles, including two for loss against Georgia in the Outback Bowl.

24. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin*: The Badgers came up one second (and 25 yards) short of tying Oregon and sending the Rose Bowl into overtime. But you certainly can't blame that on Konz, who toughed it out on a left ankle he dislocated November 12. The 6-5, 315 pound Konz is remarkably light on his feet and could offer immediate dividends for a team at any of the three interior positions.

25. Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina: With another four tackles, including 1.5 sacks against Nebraska in the Gamecocks' Capitol One Bowl victory, Ingram proved that he's capable of making plays at or behind the line of scrimmage regardless of the opponent. His quick feet and versatility intrigue scouts for 4-3 and 3-4 teams, alike.

26. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M: In terms of physical talent, there is no denying that Tannehill has the tools to warrant a first-round pick. The foot injury that will keep him out of the Senior Bowl and likely affect his availability for Combine workouts will create questions, but none he cannot overcome with a great campus workout. The 6-4, 225-pound quarterback has a strong arm, good touch and obviously rare athleticism for the position considering that he earned Honorable Mention All-Big 12 honors as a receiver in 2009.

27. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami*: Miller only has one season as the Hurricanes' lead back, but in rushing for 1,272 yards -- the third most in school history -- the redshirt sophomore had already etched his name among the elite backs hailing from The U. At 5-11, 212 pounds, Miller has the size to be a feature back in the NFL and may be the fastest back in the country.

28. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers*: At 6-2, 215 pounds, Sanu has the rare size and physicality to play outside in the NFL. He lacks elite speed, however, which limits his draft stock despite the fact that he's been as reliable as any receiver in the country this season.

29. Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska: While easy-chair scouts are quick to point out that Dennard was beaten by South Carolina's Alshon Jeffery for 148 yards and a touchdown, I'd argue that the Nebraska cornerback actually did a pretty solid job against the much bigger Jeffery for much of the day. The fact that Dennard was beaten over the top for a 78-yard gain midway through the second quarter by Jeffery should be much more disconcerting that the Hail Mary touchdown Jeffery caught over the entire Nebraska secondary to end the half.

30. Michael Brockers, DT, LSU*: Brockers has established himself as a star in the SEC and with seven tackles, including a tackle for loss and blocked field goal Monday night against Alabama, he's a player who stepped up his game under the brightest of lights. Listed by the Tigers at 6-6, 306 pounds, Brockers has the build, strength and athleticism to fit in any defense.

31. Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska: Crick missed the final eight games of the Huskers' season, including the Capitol One Bowl with a torn pectoral, but that won't keep scouts from grading the 2010 All-American as a first-round talent based on his potential to line up inside or out depending on the defensive scheme of the team that drafts him come April.

32. Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina: Brown's elite athleticism is going to draw raves at the Combine, but moderate instincts and physicality are potential red-flags that shouldn't be ignored.
Rang's big board
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/13/12 05:59 PM
More evidence that at 4 and 22 we SHOULD get two fine talents!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/13/12 06:32 PM
1a: Gimme Blackmon or Claiborne

1b: Floyd, Coples, Jenkins, Sanu or Crick
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/13/12 06:36 PM
Sorry ..... non QB thread. I forgot.

I don't believe in a non QB draft ,....... so I have to decline.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 12:06 AM
When I got to the part about Richardson being the best player in the BCS championship game, I quit reading. This writer is a moron.
Posted By: LOYALDAWG Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 01:31 AM
Quote:

When I got to the part about Richardson being the best player in the BCS championship game, I quit reading. This writer is a moron.

You have to wonder if A)they watched the game or B) They are related to him in some way?
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 03:06 AM
I disagree... The best playmaker on O is Richardson. I don't know why everybody is avoiding that fact. All this talk about a WR or a QB. Who touches the ball more besides the QB? The RB. So why not draft the best out there? Sure you can say that good RB's are everywhere, but the problem with that is, how long do you have to wait before you find one? A FA? A walk on UDFA? That's the problem.. You never know when your going to find one. So Draft the one you know will be there.
Posted By: jfanent Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 03:12 AM
Assuming Hillis is still on the team, I don't think Richardson's value is anywhere near a #4 pick in the draft better than the crew we have now.
Posted By: LOYALDAWG Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 03:23 AM
Quote:

I disagree... The best playmaker on O is Richardson. I don't know why everybody is avoiding that fact. All this talk about a WR or a QB. Who touches the ball more besides the QB? The RB. So why not draft the best out there? Sure you can say that good RB's are everywhere, but the problem with that is, how long do you have to wait before you find one? A FA? A walk on UDFA? That's the problem.. You never know when your going to find one. So Draft the one you know will be there.

It can go either way I think. Richardson did not look all that good in the Championship game but that is my opinion. Take last year for example..Mark Ingram was the best RB in the draft/ Would I rather have him or AJ Green? Green hands down. Now if we have Hillis back that makes Richardsons value shrink down more to a team like ours. His value would be tremendous for a team like the Bengals or Steelers who have Receivers already.
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 03:43 AM
I think you take him regardless on if you sign Hillis or not. Reason being is Hillis is a Power runner good for short yardage. Richardson can be our version of M Faulk. One back offense who could do it all. JMHO
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 03:57 AM
Loyal, Richardson is a much better back than Ingram and Ingram had old man knees. I was really shocked he went in the first round.

Bleed if you take Richardson, Hillis would be gone. Richardson is better at picking up the short yards than Hillis. He just has that Emmit smith quality of slipping through the pile for positive yards. He is the most complete back that has come along in some time. Size, power, elusive, hands, blocking, VISION and awarness is plentiful. He isn't the fastest back but he has decent speed.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 04:19 AM
Speed is over rated. IMO. Quickness, however, is so, so important.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 10:42 AM
Quote:

Speed is over rated. IMO. Quickness, however, is so, so important.

I agree

Long runs are made in the first 5 steps, not the last 5.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 07:37 PM
I like this kid Marcus Rivers from Buffalo.

Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 08:21 PM
I have no issue with taking Richardson, and we could keep Hillis depending on his cost.

Someone mentioned AJ Green vs Ingram last year, but it holds no correlation. Richardson is a much better player/prospect than Ingram was. When it comes down to pro-potential, Richardson is an elite prospect. The same way AJ Green was. Justin Blackmon IMO isn't on the same tier as Richardson.

And I agree that Richardson would pretty much be our number 1 running back if we drafted him. Hillis would be able to get playing time, but Richardson can do it all, and do it better than Hillis. Although Hillis is a better pass blocker. But otherwise, Richardson is a better player for sure.

(Assuming we don't go QB and this is a non-qb thread)
1) Richardson RB
1b) Luke Kuechley ILB BC
2) Zebrie Sanders RT(I would put in that Mike Adams guy, but I dunno anything about him and people on here don't say great things.........)

But all these mock drafts are really just that. We dunno our needs until after Free Agency. Especially for the picks after the 1st pick. I'd love to fit a WR in there, but we could really use a LB and DE too. Most importantly, RT is going to have to be fixed to make this offense go.

So I'd love to get Robert Meachem and Mario Williams in FA, then this draft would be a dream . If not, 1 FA) DeSean Jackson 2 FA) Cliff Avril

With that we'd be a lot better off. Those are key positions though, RT, WR, DE, LB (Weakside or Inside). Especially DE and RT. It all starts in the trenches baby.
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 08:38 PM
Yea we could go as many directions in FA as in the draft. Super Mario, Brent Grimes, Stevie Johnson, Desean Jackson man it is a loaded class.

ROTOWorld free agency list
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 08:52 PM
Quote:

Yea we could go as many directions in FA as in the draft. Super Mario, Brent Grimes, Stevie Johnson, Desean Jackson man it is a loaded class.

ROTOWorld free agency list

Thanks for that list, and that is a huge list. Thing is we still dunno who will be a FA anyway because of franchising and stuff. I just can't wait for FA to start and for the Browns to get some players. Then I will feel better about throwing up these mock drafts.

There's names on the list that won't go FA, like Pouha on the Jets. I just don't see him getting away from that (that and he loves NY). If we ran a 3-4, he'd be real high on my desire list as a NT. That guy keeps his mouth shut and just does his job. Players like that don't get away
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Non-Quarterback Thread - 01/14/12 10:35 PM
I would bet money that Hillis will not be a Brown next year.

I would bet a lesser amount that we will not draft Richardson.
© DawgTalkers.net