DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Heldawg Brock Osweiler - 01/07/12 12:26 AM

GBN Report

January 6
(4:00 PM): ASU QB confirms draft entry ... Arizona State junior QB Brock Osweiler has formally announced that he will be leaving school this winter and entering the 2012 draft. The 6-8 Osweiler threw for over 4,000 yards and 25 TDs this fall and projects as a second-day pick this coming April.

Deep and I talked about him a couple months ago. I kind of liked him when I saw him. Very athletic for a guy his height. Surprisingly mobile.

Just wondering what others thought of him.

I'm surprised he's coming out! Could he be our guy? He's got the WCO measureables.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/07/12 01:30 AM
I was very surprised to see Osweiler come out. I think it probably had something to do with his new coaching staff.

He is a late round project guy to me.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/07/12 01:40 AM
I look at that picture and think he's just waiting for the game to be over so he can get to 2 for 1 spritzer night at the fondue house.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/07/12 02:03 AM
yea.. i think he played basketball too..

u know how Heckert loves his b-ball players.. lol.
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/07/12 02:26 AM
Great arm, but he really shouldn't have come out. Slow and uncoordinated. Has a lot of issues.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/07/12 01:27 PM
Quote:

Great arm, but he really shouldn't have come out. Slow and uncoordinated. Has a lot of issues.

Hmm, let's see, Tall, uncoordinated and slow....

Who does that remind you of?

Posted By: Heldawg Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/07/12 09:56 PM
DeSagana Diop?
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/07/12 09:59 PM
Quote:

I think you're selling him short on the slow and uncoordinated comment. I saw him break out of the pocket a couple times in the game I watched and was actually impressed. He's not a plodder like "Clown Shoes" Derek Anderson.
Posted By: Attack Dawg Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/09/12 02:37 PM
I have talked about him elsewhere..I like him but thought he needed to stay for another year..dude is large but has a good game..doesn't make the best decisions yet.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/09/12 03:06 PM
It was come out or try to run a Rich Rodriguez offense at 6'8. Not a lot of sense transfering as a Jr.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Brock Osweiler - 01/09/12 03:10 PM
he should have transferred to a 1-AA school (FCS) and played one more year (since he's not running a RichRod offense).

I was high on this kid early in the year, but he really fell apart against any decent defense and started throwing picks. I disagree with the assessment that he is un-coordinated (he looked pretty smooth for a 6'8" guy running around in the games I saw), but he is extremely raw.

not a terrible project for a team to take, but not one we need to.
© DawgTalkers.net