DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: GraffZ06 Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/10/12 04:44 AM
Other thread reached critical mass. Continue discussion here...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/10/12 06:40 AM
I'm not sure what we are supposed to talk about now that we know where we are picking.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/10/12 06:42 AM
After six extensions, it's just kinda hard to let go...
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/10/12 09:22 AM
Well I plan on continuing to update the draft order throughout the playoffs at a minimum, so that would still go here yes?

Not to mention it could be a place to talk compensatory picks or trades of picks. But whatevs, I just created it since I noticed the other one got locked.
Posted By: ibleedorange Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/10/12 07:27 PM
5 posts in draft order thread 6, and our draft possition is not mentioned . . . amusing.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/11/12 11:31 PM
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/1/6/2686334/2012-compensatory-draft-pick-predictions

Looks like we might add another 4 picks (edit: 4 picks is the max) to our already 9
Posted By: anarchy2day Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/11/12 11:35 PM
Quote:

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/1/6/2686334/2012-compensatory-draft-pick-predictions

Looks like we might add another 4 or 5 picks to our already 9

Any info on his actual record predicting these compensatory picks?

Two additional 6th rounders and two additional 7th rounders would be nice.
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/11/12 11:37 PM
Great article.

Thanks!
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/11/12 11:43 PM
Guy was pretty accurate the past drafts....even if he's completely off looks like we should easily get 2-3 picks and even if we lose 1 from a wrong player calculation we should still get the 4th as a "filler" since rules say there have to be 32 comp picks (filled from top of the order, as if it's round 8, meaning we qualify for the 5th "filler" comp pick)

Remember...comp picks can't be traded, so these could be the "safety net" picks if we go trade-up happy with our mid rounders...in fact I expect H&H to do just that as it's simply difficult and rare to roster 13 rooks in any year
Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/11/12 11:47 PM
Quote:

Guy was pretty accurate the past drafts....even if he's completely off looks like we should easily get 2-3 picks and even if we lose 1 from a wrong player calculation we should still get the 4th as a "filler" since rules say there have to be 32 comp picks (filled from top of the order, as if it's round 8, meaning we qualify for the 5th "filler" comp pick)

Remember...comp picks can't be traded, so these could be the "safety net" picks if we go trade-up happy with our mid rounders...in fact I expect H&H to do just that as it's simply difficult and rare to roster 13 rooks in any year

Makes sense because as you said your not going to turn over the roster with 13 rooks. Gives Heckert some major ammo to work with using our normal picks.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/12/12 01:54 AM
So why is it that hicks and cousins don't count? I thunk cousins was a waiver wire pickup so I can understand that, but hicks? Was he cut?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/12/12 10:52 AM
Quote:

I thunk

LOL....not being the spelling patrol here as I make more then my fair share of finger slips on the keyboard.

It's just funny in this case how the slip of the finger kind of, sort of, means the same thing, in a hillbilly sort of way.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Atlanta and Draft Order Part VI - 01/12/12 02:11 PM
yeah, i thunk i had quite a few of those yesterday posting from my phone while walking the dog.
© DawgTalkers.net