DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: DjangoBrown Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/22/13 04:35 PM
Here's an easy game: post as many prospects (or trade down wishes) as you like with a number attached to them from 1 to 5:

1= absolutely DONT want this player
2= meh/didn't want/wait and see
3= oh well, ok I guess
4= good pick/value
5= absolutely WANT this player

We can keep this thread from day to day over the weekend to adjust to the upcoming picks, so only pick no6 for now...here are mine:

- DE/OLB Ansah
- ANY trade down IF Ansah is gone (everything higher as Mangini-value qualifies)
- Switch-Trade with Cards, regardless of prospects left

- Trade down for at least a 2nd with Ansah still on the board
- Julio Jones-like Trade for multiple (future) picks

- CB Milliner (he'd be a 4 if not for his injury status, we got burned not long ago with a Bama guy not ready for TC)
- DE/OLB Moore (same as Milliner, just that with him it's about off-fiel immaturity, no access to that kind of info)
- DE/OLB Dion Jordan
- CB X.Rhodes

- DE/OLB Mingo
- WR T.Austin
- WR Patterson
- OG Cooper
- TE Eifert
- FS Vaccaro
- any other "top"-CB (Hayden, Taylor, Banks, Trufant)
- QB G.Smith

- ANY OT
- ANY DL
- ANY other QB
- G Warmack
- OLB J.Jones
- ILB Teo
- ANY other S, RB, WR, TE, pass rusher, FB, K or P

Every player gets a "category" bump if selected in a trade down to at least pick 10+, except for pretty much the entire 1 group: I don't want them at 6 and not even at 32. I just don't want any of them with our 1st selection. They're players I hope our AFC-North rivals select

Curious to read your short-lists
I'll take a stab at this....(in order from least wanted to most wanted)

-Any Guard projected in the first
-Any OT projected in the first
-Any QB projected in the first
-Any defensive line projected as a NT in our defense
-Jarvis Jones
-Damontre Moore
-Trading out of the first round altogether
-Kicker or Punter

-Any ILB projected in the first
-Any WR projected in the first
-Any CB not named Milliner, Rhodes, Trufant.
-Any defensive lineman drafted as a 3-4DE.

-CBs Rhodes & Trufant
-Kenny Vaccaro
-Ezekiel Ansah
-Dion Jordan
-Tyler Eifert

Barkevious Mingo
Dee Milliner
Trade down in the early to mid-teens if neither Mingo and Milliner is there, picking up a second rounder.

There is not an absolute I WANT player for me in the first round.
5: No one. I don't see any tremendous player that we just cannot live without. If we needed a LT then this might be a different story, but we don't. Trade down if possible.

4: Lot of pass rushers and DBs to fit this range, especially if we can trade down a bit. Jones, Milliner, Jordan, maybe Rhodes, Eifert, or Austin.

3: Ansah, Cooper, Warmack, Mingo. OK, I guess ..... but no one that makes me stand up and cheer when hearing their name called when the Browns pick ..... especially if we stay at 6.

2: I really don't see any other DB worthy of going this high in the draft ..... and I kinda question Milliner or Rhodes at 6. I absolutely do not want to see a QB taken, as I don't see value in this year's class. This probably means that we're going QB .....

1: T'eo. No thanks. I don't even want him in the 2nd or 3rd. I really don't see the value in taking a Star Lofulelei or Sharif Floyd at 6. It would be a clear signal that someone is on their way out of Cleveland if we did. Hayden worries me. Very rare, life threatening injuries scare the crap out of me ..... especially considering we're talking about "Browns luck" here.

I truly expect that we will trade down twice in this draft. I don't know with who ..... it's just this weird feeling that I have.
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/22/13 09:14 PM
5 - Trade down(s) that involve picking up 2014 first rounder(s).
4 - Milliner or Trade down that involves picking up additional 2013 picks
3 - Warmack, Rhodes, Eifert, Jordan, Austin, Mingo, Moore
2 - Ansah, Werner, any 34DE prospect, EJ Manuel
1 - Any QB outside of Manuel especially Barkley (oh god no)

Dion Jordan - I think he's a franchise pass rusher, a total freak athletically, and could bring nastiness to the defense. We are running to the podium if he is there.

Dee Millner- I love this kid. He has the body, the ability, and the confidence to be a successful NFL CB. Whether he is a Revis, a Haden, or a Peterson, it doesn't matter because he will be playing with Joe Haden. We would have a very dynamic duo.

Ziggy Ansah- Not really in love with him. He's situational right now with the potential to be very good. I'm not a big fan of projects in the top 10, but there is little doubt he is the best of the boom or bust guys.

Star Lotulelei- He was the most impressive player I saw all year in college, the only reason he is so low on my list is because I don't think we need DL and I am afraid of his medical issues. Otherwise, I'm sold.

Any OL
Any other DL
Any QB

Barkevious Mingo- I think this is a major bust waiting to happen. He's too light, too reliant upon his speed. He seems to bounce when he hits people, and these are college QBs. He's a High Risk, High Reward, but I'm not sure how obtainable the high reward can be for him. I would not take him in the first round.
5: Dee Milliner

4: Trade down

3: Mingo

2: G. Smith

1: Trufant
Interesting, what do you not like about Trufant? He's a pretty good cover-CB imho. The tackling? That'd be a very valid concern and makes me nervous too about him
Posted By: eotab Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/23/13 12:03 AM
Don't drink much any more n just had a Brandy on the rocks w/empty stomach so took me a while to understand your thread...

Talking about overall #6:
1. Geno Smith any QB at #6
2. meh...any 3/4 DE
3. Jarvis Jones.
4. Millner
5. Ziggy Ansah!

JMHO

Dion Jordan: Absolutely perfect fit for this team. We run a 3-4 (4-3 isn't as good of a fit for Jordan IMO, he's too light and it would waste his coverage skills), Horton is creative enough to fully use his unique abilities, he complements Kruger and Sheard's respective shortcomings, and his elite physical attributes translate into him being the perfect "cleanup" guy, per se. He's like Aldon Smith IMO. He has more than just a quick first step. He also has elite speed, quickness, and change-of-direction. This raw athleticism, to me, suggests that not only will he be able to create for himself occasionally, but he'll also be able to take advantage of the pressure that his teammates create, and turn those situations into sacks as well by way of being that "cleanup" guy I mentioned earlier. Again, this is where he compares to Aldon Smith IMO. When Justin Smith is taken out of the equation, he's only decent. But when Justin Smith is in the lineup, Aldon's athleticism (again, that pure speed and quickness) allows him to thrive off of Justin's early penetration. Just looking at his highlights, a lot of his opportunities come from the QB already being under pressure due to other guys, or him just possessing incredible speed (that Aaron Rodgers sack):

http://www.youtube.com/v/6rFw982wqQY

I feel Jordan would have a similar opportunity here as compared to Smith in San Francisco. This defensive line is talented and it's going to attack opposing QBs. This makes Jordan the perfect fit for Cleveland IMO.

Barkevious Mingo: I like him because IMO, he's Von Miller without college production. Best first step in the draft, best flexibility in the draft, violent hand usage, good coverage skills, etc. He plays out of control at times and needs to put on weight, but his pros outweigh the cons significantly. He's nowhere near as risky as some claim. I would actually be surprised if he didn't end up being the most productive pass rusher in this draft class, as I think Jordan is only a fit for a few teams and will bust if he doesn't go these teams (the Browns being one of them). Jones doesn't have the raw athleticism. Ansah is too big of a risk.

Somehow trading down and still landing Milliner would also count as a 5.

Trade down and select Chance Warmack.

Dee Milliner: The best CB prospect in the draft. Most polished guy, no bust potential. I think he'd be a mid-first round pick in last year's draft.

Trade down and select Xavier Rhodes: I don't like Rhodes at all, but he's a good fit for this system.

Chance Warmack
Ezekiel Ansah
Geno Smith

Kenny Vaccaro
Tavon Austin
Cordarelle Patterson
Xavier Rhodes
Jarvis Jones
Tyler Eifert

Didn't mention Trufant or Hayden (despite me preferring them to Rhodes) because I don't think a team is actively considering them at #6.

Also with all of this said, I still wouldn't take an OLB at #6 unless I had a second-round pick. Or unless I thought I couldn't win until 2014 and wanted to take the BPA, regardless of this year's needs.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/23/13 01:55 AM
5 Milliner
4 Trade down- Rhodes
3 TD- Warmack
2 TD-Eifert
1 Any 1st round QB
Posted By: bugs Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/23/13 02:05 AM
Regardless if Weeden is or is not biggest question do you take a chance not taking a QB. I pondered that question last year when Browns couldn't get RGiii or Luck. Later I thought it was wise Heckert took a chance on Weeden. Weeden showed he can be an average to above average QB. Is that what we want? I look at two possibilities G. Smith and Manuel both have potential. If you took either, they need a year for development. If Weeden shines, you can trade Smith or Manuel for picks later. Look what Banner got for Kolb. I think we have the coaches needed to take a chance on QB.

1. Manuel. He has size to play in the AFC North.
2. Mingo. You can't have enough LB's...Kruger/DQ/Sheard/Mingo...interesting combo.
3. Trade Down + D.J. Hayden/Trufant/Milliner I think you can make a case for all three.
4. Trade Down + Shariff Floyd/Lotulelei/Sheldon Richardson Simply going BPA here.
5a. Joeckel or Fisher. Only assuming they are still on the board. Can't hurt having either play RG.
5b. Trade Down + Warmack or Cooper Again going BPA.
Posted By: bugs Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/23/13 02:23 AM
Quote:

Dion Jordan: Absolutely perfect fit for this team.

Only thing I question about Jordan. How is it not hard looking the stud in the PAC. I had same question last year with Blackmon and Weeden. How was it not hard to look good against Big 12 defenses.

I'm not doubting simply if I had to choose between...Mingo is his name O...sorry!...I go with the better overall conference strength....again it's splitting hairs.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/23/13 03:38 AM
Jordan spent a lot of time in coverage.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/23/13 07:35 PM
Quote:

5 Milliner
4 Trade down- Rhodes
3 TD- Warmack
2 TD-Eifert
1 Any 1st round QB

After reading Milliner has had 5 surgeries I no longer want him. 5 is now trade down.
I'll just stick with first round guys

5*
Jordan
Mingo
Eifert

4*
Ansah
Floyd
Austin
Cooper

3*
Milliner
JJones
Geno Smith
Warmack

1*
any of the offensive tackles
Te'o
Posted By: Gotti Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/23/13 07:52 PM
I'll play...

-Trade down with San Diego. I want their 1st next year. They can keep this year's 2nd. That team is a disaster and next year's first has top 10 all over it.
-Jarvis Jones

-Dee Milliner
-Barkevius Mingo
-Chance Warmack
-A trade down picking up a 2nd rounder or 1st next year and getting one of those 3.

-Rhodes
-Trufant
-Ansah
-A trade down that gets us one of these guys and a 1st round pick next year and a 2nd this year.

-anything that does not apper under 5, 4, 3, or 1
-Dion Jordan

-drafting a QB before the 3rd round
-drafting a WR in 1 or 2 (assuming we pick up a 2nd rounder)
Quote:

Don't drink much any more n just had a Brandy on the rocks w/empty stomach so took me a while to understand your thread...

Talking about overall #6:
1. Geno Smith any QB at #6
2. meh...any 3/4 DE
3. Jarvis Jones.
4. Millner
5. Ziggy Ansah!

JMHO

tab, right with you on this. Millner and Ansah are my favorite picks in this draft, both are needed and both are more than likely going to be really solid. Its hard for me to chose between the two. Millner would help create sacks because he would have his man covered and the QB will have a hard time finding the a open wr. Ansah would help create interceptions because he is chasing down the QB.

The thought of having 2 young shutdown CB's for many years is nice, but the Browns have not had a true pass rushing threat since J. Miller.

It is very likely that both Millner and Ansah will both be gone by pick #6.

5 - Dee Milliner or Dion Jordan

4 - Trade down to acquire more picks

3 - Xavier Rhoades, Kenny Vaccaro, or Jarvis Jones

2 - Desmond Trufant or Tyler Eifert

1 - Chance Warmack
I can post as many players as I want. So I'm just gonna go 1's as players and ideas that I absolutly Do NOT want, and 5's as players that I'd be absolutly Stoked to see them, I absolutely Want.

Ok this is gonna go for pick at #6 OR the first pick the Browns take after one trade down, I won't even consider a double trade down because I don't think it's realistic.

1 I Absolutley Don't Want, an NFL player from another team, from the east coast, from philly, from the Jets, from anywhere, no matter how great they tell me the guy is, even if they give us a half dozen, like Mangini did in 2005 ish.

1 I absolutely Don't Want a Tight end with this first pick, I don't care if he's the best tight end to come along since Kw2, and Kw2 shoulda been a wideout instead of a te, they, they, they, they are just supposed to block, and you can get a competent tackle for that, or they're supposed to catch, and for that you get a wideout. You don't draft a te in the 1st, you just don't! It would Sicken me!
I don't want a TE with green eggs in ham, sam I am, not even in the 2nd

5 I absolutly WANT a quarterback, and with that EJ Manuel, Why not! It's time to get a Freakin Qb, it's been 100 years. ( I tend to exagerate)

1, I absolutley Don't want a QB if his name is Geno Freakin bust cause he went to West Virginia Smith! I simply can't beleive any great future qb started out 5 years ago and decided to go, hmm, I'm gonna choose ... WVU. AND! I don't give credit, he has to throw 3-1 in TD's in that circus league before I'd give him credit. I don't give him credit for 2/3rd's of his td's

Alright here is a 4

4, I'd be sure to consider it a good pick if they get any Offensive Guard!!! with a trade down. Because the O-line is very important, and the current Browns line is highly overestimated by the prevailing opinoins on this board, in my opinion.

3. I'd be Ok with an OT, to push Mitchell Schwartz, and Joe Thomas, but probably better with a Guard to provide depth and probably start.

5! I absolultely WANT Corderrelle Patterson Wr from Tennessee, and I know how stupid that sounds to the prevailing oppionions here. They just cannot have enough #1 quality Wideouts in the NFL in 2013, for anybody who wants to draft a TE, I don't know how any TE is able to be a gamechanger as much as a top Wideout would be, when you already have a bunch of Te's on the Browns and they're all gonna be average, even the draft pick ups. Plus, I saw a couple of teams get decent play out of Wideouts who I thought were terrible draft picks, but it just reminded me, You just can't pass up Wideouts, you need em.

5, I'd absolutely want Dion Jordan or Ezekiel Ansah, because the Browns don't need to neglect the edge pass rusher for another draft, meaning they need to get one!

1 I don't want Jarvis Jones,
1, I don't want DJ hayden. Shiver!
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/24/13 02:30 AM
I'll just do my big board in terms of order of who I would like the Browns to draft depending on who's left and where we are in the draft in the 1st round

(1) Dion Jordon (OLB)
(2) Dee Milliner (CB)
(3) Jarvis Jones (OLB)
(4) T. Eifert (TE)
(5) T. Austin (WR)
(6) B. Mingo (OLB)
(7) C. Warmack (OG)
(8) J. Cooper (OG)
(9) A. Ogletree (ILB)
(10) K. Vaccaro (S)
(11) X. Rhodes (CB)
(12) E. Ansah (OLB)
(13) D. Trufant (CB)
(14) DJ Hayden (CB)
(15) J. Hunter (WR)
(16) S. Floyd (DT)
(17) EJ Manuel (QB)
Posted By: myka Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/24/13 06:43 AM
This is fun, nice thread OP!

1: Any of the big time pass rushers. This year for some reason I've been having trouble finding tape of the top prospects, but whichever our scouts placed as the best pass rushing OLB demon then go for it. This would be my last ditch effort if nothing below would work out. In general you can find a pass rushing LB monster in the lower rounds compared to other positions. Just look at the Steelers/Ravens/Dolphins, etc always churning out new sack artists.

2: Dee Milliner - The non-sexy pick. I'm ok with non-sexy though since non-sexy gave us Joe Thomas. If we can't manage a fair trade down then I'm happy to stay at home and take him. The fact that he's from 'bama does worry me, but his physicality is exactly what we need across from Haden so I can live with it.

3: Sio Moore - I'm a bit biased on him because I'm a UCONN fan and it's not often we get a good NFL prospect (I still keep hoping Donald BÉown will turn it around :-P), but he's a player at our 3rd most important area of need (IMO) at LB. He's a round 3 pick probably. He might even slip to the 4th because of the non-football known college.

4: Kenny Vaccaro/John Cyprien - honestly I haven't watched either of them play, but they are the top 2 safeties available according to the bozos. If we can trade down, pickup a 2nd, then snag a safety and the player I say below in the 2nd, it would make our defense unbelievably strong.

5: D.J. Hayden! - I want him more than any other player out of the 1st round in a long time. This kids is special. I'm just sad that the media people are finally coming around on him was really hoping he'd slip under the radar to us in the 3rd. Obviously since we have no 2nd rounder I'd like to see a trade back to move up and get him. That move would free us up to take one of the pass rushers if we trade back to the teens.
Quote:

Interesting, what do you not like about Trufant? He's a pretty good cover-CB imho. The tackling? That'd be a very valid concern and makes me nervous too about him

I think Trufant is a poor tackler. I know he doesn't do a good job of outside containment. I think he struggles in coverage w/playmakers that run down the sideline.

I think he is excellent in trail coverage, especially across the middle. He can lock guys up and break on the ball.

All of this translates into a nickel corner who covers slot receivers. I don't want that w/the 6th overall pick.
Posted By: Browns26 Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/24/13 07:36 PM
5. CB Dee Milliner, Trade down to get a 2nd this year/1st next year
4. DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah, OLB Jarvis Jones, OLB Dion Jordan, OLB Barkevious Mingo
3. S Kenny Vaccaro, CB Xavier Rhodes
2. Other CBs, OL
1. Any QB, Teo
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/24/13 08:23 PM
Nobody seems to talk about Star Lotulele (spelling?).

But we could use this guy as our NT or DE, he is that talented.
We could live with Star, another Dt but it wouldn't set any records.

I want to read more peoples 5's through 1's on this upcoming pick.
jc

Surprised at how many had Mingo in the 3 to 5 range in here, so I expected a better reaction to this pick, but ptobably because most had Milliner over him too. Time will tell....

So, same game for pick 68.....what to do, rank scenarios/players. Here are mine

CB Taylor
CB Wreh-Wilson
CB Banks
Trade down for additional 4th/5th if the above 3 are all gone

QB G.Smith
CB Slay
TE Ertz
WR Patton
WR T.Williams
G Warford
TE Kelce
FS Swearinger
FS Cyprien
Trade down if more than one of all above are still available
Trade UP for any of category 5

RB Ball (position)
RB Lacy (psoition)
DE/OLB Moore (position)
CB Gratz
DE/OLB Carradine (position)
LB A.Brown
DL Hankins
SS/FS P.Thomas
CB McFadden
DL K.Short
NT Jenkins
S S.Thomas
G/T Thornton
G/T D.Thomas
C/G/T B.Jones
WR Hunter
WR Wheaton
TE Gragg
Trade UP for any of category 4
Drafting anyone of category 4 over 5
Trade DE/OLB Sheard for any of cat 4 or 5

T/G Quessenberry
T/G Winters
CB Mathieu
CB Alford
CB BW Webb
CB L.Ryan
CB Poyer
CB W.Davis
DE/OLB Okafor (position)
DE/OLB Lemonier (position)
RB Bernard (position)
QB Nassib
QB Bray
WR Dobson
WR K.Stills
TE Reed
TE Sims
S McDonald
S Evans
DE Gholston
QB Wilson
QB L.Jones
ILB Teo
ILB Minter
ILB AJ Klein
LB Sio Moore (scheme)
LB K.Greene (scheme)
OT Armstead (position)
WR S.Bailey
WR Swope
WR Woods
WR K.Allen
WR Harper
WR Boyce
QB M.Scott
NT J.Williams (position)
DE M.Hunt
DL B.Logan (position/scheme)
OLB C.Thomas (position)
RB Franklin (position)
RB Ellington (position)
RB Randle (position)
Trade UP for any of category 3
Drafting anyone of cat 3 over 4
Trading the pick for WR Bess

TE McDonald (project)
TE Escobar
WR Goodwin
WR D.Rogers
WR C.Hamilton
ILB Bostic
ILB Alonso
ILB Reddick
ILB N.Johnson
DE/OLB Washington (position)
OLB Collins
DE Montgomery (position and scheme)
QB Dysert
QB Glennon
CB/FS Amerson
S Wilcox
any other RB
any other OL
Trading UP for ANY of cat 2
Trade Sheard for any cat 3

I'll add a 0 category:

Trade UP for ANY of category 1 or 2
RB C.Michael
S S.Williams
FS Jefferson
Trade Sheard for any cat 0-2
ANY P or K
Trading UP for any of category 1 or 0
pretty much any other player

I think I have covered every possible scenario, lol

So let us hear, what are your 1s to 5s for the 2nd/3rd?
Cmon guys, nuts on the table...who do you want, who do you not want? I know it's getting deeper in the draft, but there are some draft-nerds and self proclaimed "experts" who call others out but don't have the courage to post what they want/dont want to see? Covering all bases, huh?
Posted By: bugs Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/26/13 04:49 PM
In the third any of the four safeties:

DJ Swearinge (S. Carolina);
Bacarri Rambo (Georgia);
Shamarko Thomas (Syracuse);
Phillip Thomas (Fresno State)
Posted By: drobs Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/26/13 05:12 PM
Can't argue with your rankings. If Wreh Wilson is there, I would be very happy with the first 3 rounds of Mingo, Gordon and W-W. I think a CB or Safety is our priority with the 3rd round pick - Greco filled in well enough and the OL was very good last year, so OG is not such a need as FS or CB for me. However, Banner seems to be going BPA.

With who is left, BPA are (bear in mind I haven't studied the class in much depth):
FS Cyprien
CB Wreh-Wilson
OG Warford

Outside those 3 I like:
CB Mathieu
CB Jamar Taylor
CB Banks

Any of those 3 can start opposite Haden - or will grow into a #2 role - in a season or so. I would then sign a vet FA like Jammer to hold the fort for a season.

I wonder if ILB Minter will still be there - if so, he'd make an excellent foil for DQ with Roberston switching in on nickel / dime packages. Just MHO.
Positional rankings of guys I'd be happy with the Browns taking in the 3rd or 4th round. Only listing CB, S, OG, TE as I think any other position would just be someone falling to our slot that we felt we couldn't pass up (like Markus Wheaton possibly).

CB
J.Banks, MissSt
J.Poyer, OreSt
J.Taylor, BoiseSt
L.McFadden, SDSt
D.Amerson, NCSt
BWW, UConn
W.Davis, UtahSt
T.Hawthorne, Illini (though probably not till 5th)

Stay-away from these CBs
Alford, SE La ? (honestly, just haven't seen him play)
D.Sway, MissSt
L.Ryan, Rutgers
D.Gratz, UConn

-------------------------------

Safeties
T.Mathieu (edit: forgot to put him in here)
DJ Swearinger, SoCar
J.Cyprien, FIU
Philip Thomas, FresnoSt
Josh Evans, Florida
S.Thomas, Cuse
T.Jefferson, Oklahoma

Stay away safeties
Bacarri Rambo, UGa

---------------------

TE
Z.Ertz (he'll be gone in first 5 picks though)
G.Escobar, SDSt
T.Kelce, Cinci
J.Fauria, UCLA
J.Reed, Florida
C.Gragg, Arkie (5th or later)
N.Kasa, Colorado (5th or later)

TE stay away list
V.Mcdonald, Rice
D.Sims, MichSt
Furstenburg, Maryland

---------------------------------

OG (if any are left after yesterday )
Larry Warford, Kentucky (likely top10 tonight though)
Barrett Jones, Bama
Brian Winters, Kent State
Brennan Williams, UNC
Dallas Thomas, Tenn
David Bakhtieri, Colorado
Chris Faulk, LSU

Stay away from OG list
Alvin Bailey, Arki
V.Painter, VaTech
Hugh Thornton, Illini
Pugh would have been on this list but was taken in the 1st
How these guards stack up against the ones taken in round 1, and how much of an upgrade would they even be over Pink and luvao?
Quote:

This messes me up every time I see his name
Quote:

Quote:

That is a rather twisted, perverse sort of name.

Is his 1st name Chris too? That would be the worst. People named Chris are nothing but big time trouble.

Signed,

Chris

Posted By: clwb419 Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/26/13 06:04 PM
My top 10 for the Browns at #68:

1a CB/FS Jordan Poyer
1b CB/FS David Amerson
3 OG Larry Warford
4 CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson
5 FS DJ Swearinger
6 OG Brian Winters
7 CB Robert Alford
8 TE Travis Kelce
9 CB Logan Ryan
10 CB Tyrann Mathieu
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is a rather twisted, perverse sort of name.

Is his 1st name Chris too? That would be the worst. People named Chris are nothing but big time trouble.

Signed,

Chris

Yes, his first name IS Chris!
My top-ish guys available today for the Browns:

OG Larry Warford
FS Phillip Thomas
CB David Amerson
QB Tyler Bray
WR Robert Woods
WR Quinton Patton
WR Terrance Williams
OLB Damontre Moore
FS DJ Swearinger
CB Jordan Poyer
CB BW2 (though he told our fellow poster he doesn't want to play here)
TE Travis Kelce
CB Jamar Taylor
FS Bacarri Rambo
I had McFadden in my solid 3 category, decent pick. I wanted Wreh-Wilson to give us some height at CB or a trade up for J.Taylor when he was still around after pick 50. He would have been worth the 3rd+4th imho. Great trade for Bess. Overall a good day 2. Still 5 of our 7 picks to go plus UDFA, so this class can still get much better

With that said, here are my lists for pick 111. Every player gets bumped up a category with every passing round. I've denoted players with (position) where I Íhink we are already set at. These players would probably be all one category higher otherwise if picked based on BPA....it's value-land of this draft and it reflects on my list

WR Patton (If there is no medical/character red flag this is the steal of day3)
S S.Thomas (just love his style, Bob Sanders clone and would be a great fit in Horton's scheme)
C/G/T B.Jones (medical? if not this would be a great pick)

SS/FS P.Thomas
TE Gragg
NT J.Williams (position, but def an upgrade over Kitchen for backup NT with much more upside)
QB Nassib
QB Bray
QB L.Jones
QB Barkley
C/G Schwenke

T/G Quessenberry
CB BW Webb
CB L.Ryan
CB Poyer
DE/OLB Okafor (position...kind of have enough pass rushers now, lol)
OLB C.Thomas (see above)
QB Wilson (scheme)
TE Reed
TE Sims
TE M.Rivera
S Evans
DE Gholston (position, over-hated and underrated imho, did a 180on him on 2nd look)
DE J.Kruger
LB Pough
ILB AJ Klein
LB Knott (scheme?)
LB K.Greene (scheme?)
WR Swope (position)
WR Harper (position)
WR Boyce (position)
QB M.Scott
OLB C.Thomas (position)
RB Franklin (position)
RB Ellington (position)
RB Randle (position)
RB S.Taylor (position)
RB Lattimore (position)
G A.Bailey
OT Mills
OT B.Williams

WR K.Stills
WR D.Rogers
WR C.Hamilton
WR T.King
WR D.Robinson
ILB Reddick
ILB N.Johnson
OLB Porter (scheme)
DE/OLB Washington (position)
DE/OLB J.Simon (position)
DE/OLB E.Martin (position)
DE/OLB Q.Smith (position)
DE/OLB Bass (position)
QB Dysert
TE Kasa
OT Bakthiari
OT Aboushi
OT Wagner
FS Rambo
NT Hughes (position)
OLB T.Williams (scheme)
RB Barner (position)
S D.Williams
S Wolff
S Motta
TE Otten

CB Commings
S D.Jones
FS Jefferson (dont want him AT ALL)
TE Fauria
any P
any K
any FB
Given Lombardi's comments yesterday, I would guess that we are going to concentrate on 3 areas today ...... DL, OL, and the secondary.
Patton and Swope would be near the top of my list had we not just acquired Bess.

FS Phillip Thomas
QB Tyler Bray
FS Bacarri Rambo
FS Cody Davis
TE Jake Stoneburner
OG Lamar Mady
ILB Taylor Reed
ILB Jordan Campbell

I don't want to take a DL, but if we do:
DL Montori Hughes
DL Jesse Williams
DL AJ Francis

We're beyond set at NT, or that would include Byron Jerideau
Posted By: RocDawg Re: Ranking prospects for the Browns picks - 04/27/13 03:38 PM
Phillip Thomas is looking really good right now. I agree with our top choice
There is a list of about 15-20 guys that I feel like we could draft that are still on the board, that could challenge for a starting job this year at FS, CB, and OG.
© DawgTalkers.net