DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: clevesteve My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 06:50 PM
Well, I spent way too long on this thing, just got it posted.

Full mock: http://www.cornerblitz.com/2013/Mocks/Final/

Browns picks: http://www.cornerblitz.com/2013/Mocks/Final/CLE.aspx

6. Cleveland Browns
CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
Dee Milliner is probably enough to ensure the Browns stay put at 6, despite GM Mike Lombardi's desire to recoup the "wasted pick" (as he put it) exercised on wideout Josh Gordon in last year's supplemental draft. Cornerback opposite Joe Haden is arguably the Browns' most-urgent need and Milliner is the best at the position this year.

68. Cleveland Browns
QBp Tyler Bray, Tennessee
I struggled with this pick, strongly considering DJ Swearinger and Baccari Rambo as FS for the Browns, but Norv Turner's offense was made for a passer like Tyler Bray. I don't think there's any shot he makes it to the fourth round, and with Arizona and Tennessee picking right behind the Browns, risking a trade-down seemed like a bad idea. Bray's deep touch and ability to throw receivers open is a great way to link Turner's offense to Cleveland's big receiving corps.

104. Cleveland Browns
OG Hugh Thornton, Illinois

139. Cleveland Browns
FS Cody Davis, Texas Tech

164. Cleveland Browns (from SF)
TE Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State

175. Cleveland Browns
OLB Brandon Sharpe, Syracuse

228. Cleveland Browns (from WAS)
ILB Jordan Campbell, USC via Louisville via New Mexico Highlands

Flame on!
Posted By: Damanshot Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 07:03 PM
Quote:

Well, I spent way too long on this thing, just got it posted.

Full mock: http://www.cornerblitz.com/2013/Mocks/Final/

Browns picks: http://www.cornerblitz.com/2013/Mocks/Final/CLE.aspx

6. Cleveland Browns
CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
Dee Milliner is probably enough to ensure the Browns stay put at 6, despite GM Mike Lombardi's desire to recoup the "wasted pick" (as he put it) exercised on wideout Josh Gordon in last year's supplemental draft. Cornerback opposite Joe Haden is arguably the Browns' most-urgent need and Milliner is the best at the position this year.

68. Cleveland Browns
QBp Tyler Bray, Tennessee
I struggled with this pick, strongly considering DJ Swearinger and Baccari Rambo as FS for the Browns, but Norv Turner's offense was made for a passer like Tyler Bray. I don't think there's any shot he makes it to the fourth round, and with Arizona and Tennessee picking right behind the Browns, risking a trade-down seemed like a bad idea. Bray's deep touch and ability to throw receivers open is a great way to link Turner's offense to Cleveland's big receiving corps.

104. Cleveland Browns
OG Hugh Thornton, Illinois

139. Cleveland Browns
FS Cody Davis, Texas Tech

164. Cleveland Browns (from SF)
TE Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State

175. Cleveland Browns
OLB Brandon Sharpe, Syracuse

228. Cleveland Browns (from WAS)
ILB Jordan Campbell, USC via Louisville via New Mexico Highlands

Flame on!

that's a heck of a lot of work man.. wow

Anyway, did Lombardi actually call it a wasted pick? Man, saying Josh Gordon is a wasted pick makes me think that Lombardi wouldn't know talent if it smacked him in the face.
Posted By: Browns26 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 07:11 PM
Nice work. Love the Milliner pick. With the struggle you had between S and QB I came on the otherside and would have got one of the two safetys (DJ Swearinger and Baccari Rambo). If Tyrann Mathieu is there in the 4th I want him bad.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 07:17 PM
Switch Rambo with Bray and it's perfect
Quote:

Anyway, did Lombardi actually call it a wasted pick? Man, saying Josh Gordon is a wasted pick makes me think that Lombardi wouldn't know talent if it smacked him in the face.

yes, they showed it the other night on the NFL network with him also hating the Weeden pick.
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 09:03 PM
Quote:

Quote:

yes, they showed it the other night on the NFL network with him also hating the Weeden pick.

Wasn't that last year after the supplemental draft when he was still an analyst for NFL Network?? Or is this a new recent comment??
Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 09:07 PM
that was last year after the supplemental, befor ethe season... which led to Gordon's tweet when Lombardi was announced as GM.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 09:46 PM
I am hoping for Milliner or a trade down... don't think I want anyone else at #6. Stroll on Thursday night!
Posted By: PowderBlue11 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 10:20 PM
This is a good, realistic mock for the Browns.

I don't think Cleveland will be able to trade down from #6. Jacksonville and Oakland are more likely possibilities, and even then, I strongly doubt the Chargers (I don't know about the Dolphins) will want to trade up. Furthermore, as much as I want them to trade Sheard for a late-first/early-second round pick, it's probably not going to happen. So the scenario for the Browns that the OP poses is most likely IMO.

If they're forced to stay at #6, with no second-round pick, the Browns absolutely have to draft Milliner. He's the only player at their positions of need (FS, CB, maybe TE) who's worthy of being drafted at #6.

I also like the Bray pick. He's my favorite developmental QB in the draft.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 10:30 PM
Great job Steve

While I wouldn't jump for joy I could live with a draft like that. Just a quick heads-up: you have Shamarko Thomas twice in your mock (2nd time in the 7th)

Here's my hindsight mock based on your's:

6 CB Milliner
68 FS Swearinger
104 G/T Thornton
139 RB S.Taylor
164 TE Gragg
174 OLB E.Martin
228 WR D.Robinson
Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 10:30 PM
What did you think of the chargers draft?
Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 10:53 PM
Thanks django, data entry issue. Fixed.
Posted By: PowderBlue11 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 11:32 PM
Quote:

What did you think of the chargers draft?

On paper, I like the value in trading with Minnesota (getting an extra second and fourth round pick is decent), but the Chargers get totally screwed by who's left on the board at #23. That's my problem with trading into the 20s in this particular draft. There will be good value left, but none at San Diego's huge needs (OL, OLB). It makes me just want to stay at #11 and select Mingo, Star, Warmack, Cooper, or Johnson (logically, one of them has to be there).

I notice you and I value the LTs outside of the big three (Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson) significantly differently. I have them all going in the second round. I admittedly haven't done much research on them, though. Have I underrated them?

Also, I'd have the Chargers drafting Montogomery instead of Poyer at #52. Most Charger fans think Shareece Wright is going to start at the CB2 spot.

EDIT: If there's one trade-down I can see the Chargers definitely doing it's the Rams one that you have the Dolphins doing.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/24/13 11:36 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Oh wait, are you speaking of him commenting on it BEFORE he was hired by the Browns? I mean while he was a Media guy?
Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 01:01 AM
Cool, thanks for the feedback.

There are four LTs I'd be comfortable starting in the draft as rookies, the three plus Armstead. There are two guys I'd give a shot in a pinch: Watson and Long. That's it. If I am counting on a rookie to play LT it is one of those guys.

New Orleans needs a left tackle as much as anyone. They also don't have a second round pick. Whether they stay at 15 or move down they have to take a tackle. I think they will offer this and next year's first to try to get one of the big three, but it won't be enough. Their window closes when Brees is done.

Baltimore also needs a tackle. If one of Watson or Armstead is there at 32, they are almost certainly taking them. If Long isn't taken by Baltimore, he will probably go early in the second as a guard. Could be to jets or buffalo.

Jacksonville would probably take Watson (many of their fans would take Armstead) at 33 to play RT.

Indianapolis could take a LT if they feel the player available is good enough, that could be Watson or Armstead.
LT
Basically what I'm saying is you'll have to trade back into the first to get a startable LT, probably to New England at 29 if you take cooper.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 01:28 AM
There are going to be some really hard players to pass up. I've seen recent mocks with Dion Jordan still available at 6, if he is, he'd be really hard to pass up.
E.J. Manuel is going to be really hard to pass up, too.

I couldn't really give a rip if they pass up Miliner anymore, they can find a cornerback with a different name.

I'll feel really sad when Fluker goes to some other team too.
Last year I felt pretty bad to see both Melvin Ingram and Courtney Upshaw go to other teams.
I think Jarvis Jones reminds me too much of Kamerion Wimbley for me to want any part. After seeing Barkevious, I'm less impressed with him, despite his first name.

There's more to life than corners. I wanna Win!
this mock underscores why I am worried for tonight.

i can see the reasoning behind each of the picks and know that you scout these guys pretty well, so I'm sure Campbell is a good guy too (the one I don't really know on your list).

but, if that is our draft, then we get 1 surefire starter out of it. for a team with so many holes, that is scary.

i really hope someone panic trades up for an OT.
Posted By: ClayM57 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 01:35 PM
Quote:

i really hope someone panic trades up for an OT.

Somebody will....We (Browns) have to be very patient....We have to sit at # 6 like were happy, happy, happy to be at # 6 and have the world at our finger tips....we can't panic......if we do it all falls apart...somebody will call...somebody will panic...some team will start to in vision thier QB getting blind sidded and pull the trade, we just have to be patient.....
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 01:38 PM
Patient? Our GM was called a "lightning rod" by his boss

I never thought I'd type this, but I hope Banner is as smart as he thinks he is. We will find out A LOT about both guys the next two evenings
Posted By: clwb419 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 03:30 PM
Love the Milliner pick. If we stay at 6, he's my first choice, with Dion Jordan being a close 2nd.

Per Bray, I'm more of a let see what we have for another year, but I understand the pick, and have no issues with it for the reasons you call out. I've read in several places that he compares favorably to Jay Cutler. I don't think too many Browns fans would be upset with that for the next decade if it were to turn out to be the case.

I like the rest of the picks as well, but will admit I know little about Davis and nothing about Campbell.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 03:35 PM
I am really fine with any of a number of guys at 6.

I'm not going to complain if we go Milliner, Jordan, Mingo, or even Jones.... if his medical is clear. Each guy could be an impact player.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 03:39 PM
Quote:

I am really fine with any of a number of guys at 6.

I'm not going to complain if we go Milliner, Jordan, Mingo, or even Jones.... if his medical is clear. Each guy could be an impact player.

+1
Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 03:43 PM
Davis is an excellent open-field tackler with decent coverage skills. He's maybe a bit more of a SS prototype than a FS prototype, but he can play free safety. Texas Tech played more of a left and right safety than strong and free from what I understand. I saw him make a great open-field tackle on Tavon Austin and he's the type that's always around the ball. He's definitely a "little man that will hit." He's not a huge hitter like Swearinger or Elam, but he's a very effective and willing tackler.

Campbell is a guy that didn't have a great start at USC, then struggled with some injuries and transfers. He absolutely dominated the lower competition as you might expect, and has dedicated himself to the weight room. He is a tremendous athlete with his size... 4.56 40, 32 bench reps, 36 1/2" vertical at 5'10" 1/2", 248 pounds. He's short, but he's basically the same size as Zach Thomas, London Fletcher. He was an extremely successful penetrator (sacks, TFLs) but again the question of competition is there.

Pro Day results: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68893&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB

Profile, video: http://www.cornerblitz.com/2013/Features/UTR-Jordan-Campbell.aspx
Posted By: clwb419 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 04:26 PM
Before I got to your comparisons, London Fletcher is the guy I thought of.

I found this interesting about Campbell after some web searches:
Campbell was also the Cowboys punter and tied the RMAC record for longest punt with an 89 yarder against Fort Lewis

This was an interesting read/watch. He's working on losing weigh, and is down to 235. This makes me a bit concerned about him playing 3-4 OLB. Could he move inside?

http://proplayerinsiders.com/jordan-campbell-eatin-fellow-linebacker-draft-picks/
Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 04:33 PM
I saw him as ilb in a 3-4 anyways, but the weight loss concerns me a bit.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 04:35 PM
Duh, yes you did, my bad.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 08:31 PM
Might as well, I guess.

Final Mock:
1-6) Dee Milliner- CB; Alabama

3a-68) Jamie Collins- OLB; Southern Miss

3b- 91) Bacarri Rambo- FS; Georgia
*trade with New England Cleveland gives up 4th round pick (104) and 5th round pick (139)

5b- 164) Josh Boyce- WR; TCU

6a- 175) Tommy Bohanon- FB; Wake Forest

7a- 227) Ryan Allen- P; Louisiana Tech

Hopeful UDRFA targets:

Zach Sudfeld; TE; Nevada
William Campbell; DE; Michigan
Sam Brenner; OG; Utah

Still possible holes at ILB, Guard and rotational D-End. Not to mention being stuck with an over-rated kicker in Free Agency. But Cleveland's always had holes.

3.48 hrs to go...

ugh.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 08:39 PM
Six picks, and we take a punter and a fullback? Gosh I hope not.

*edit* that being said, i like the other players well enough.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/25/13 10:57 PM
Quote:

Six picks, and we take a punter and a fullback? Gosh I hope not.

*edit* that being said, i like the other players well enough.

Heheehe! I don't put much stock in 6th-7th round guys. But we signed Graham as kicker and I really like Bohanon at FB/ dislike Marecic.

So, sadly, I ended it with the FB and Punter. I couldn't find a Guard I liked that would/should fall beyond pick 100 and am still torn between Boyce and Klein (ILB) in the 5th.

1 hour to go...
Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/26/13 04:46 AM
Well, a lot I picked was way off, but actually I got quite a few things right:

• Got the first four players right, just the wrong order.
  • I had Miami trading their first for a DE, just not Jordan.
  • I had the Vikings drafting Sharrif Floyd and Xavier Rhodes while trading all their picks until the 5th, but didn't have them also getting Patterson.
  • Had the Bills as the only team to draft a QB in the first, but had the wrong one.
  • Rams trading up for Austin from 16 then trading down from 22 to recoup a pick.
  • Kyle Long in the first
  • Packers drafting a 5T DE, just thought Jones would already be gone
  • Lions drafting a LDE, just wrong one
  • Oakland trading out of three with only extra pick this year is a second. I had them drafting Hayden, but with the second they gained, not in the first.
  • Eifert "slipping" past 20.
  • Atlanta trading up, but I was way off on that one
  • Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/26/13 01:41 PM
    also got 16/32 position:pick matches right.

also: 9 OL.
    Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/26/13 01:48 PM
    this year's draft was very difficult to mock simply because the top-end talent was pretty much non-existent. How rare is it not to have a QB taken in the top 3, let alone the top 15? How rare is it to have a 175 pound WR as the first one off the board? Just a weird, weird draft.
    Posted By: clevesteve Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 04/30/13 07:59 PM
    OK, last one of these, I promise:

Things I consider "accurate" from my mock.

• Correctly selected the first four players, but got them in the wrong order.
    • The Raiders moving back from 3 gaining only a second in 2013 and no 1st or 2nd next year.
    • Raiders selecting DJ Hayden with a pick received in the trade-down, but I had them taking him in the second.
    • The Lions taking a DE in the first and DE in the fourth. Fourth round player (Devin Taylor) was correct.
    • Buffalo being the only team in the first round drafting a QB with no team trading back into the first for a QB as had been widely rumored.
    • Vikings selecting both Sharrif Floyd and Xavier Rhodes in that order. Also had them trading all of their picks until the fifth round, eschewing drafting a linebacker or guard until late (when they did both.)
    • Rams trading up for Tavon Austin from 16, then trading back from 22 to recoup a pick.
    • Atlanta trading up in the first round, but for the wrong player.
    • Carolina drafting two defensive tackles in first two picks, including Kawann Short.
    • Miami trading out of their first-round spot for a RE, not selecting a CB or LT as had been expected by most.
    • Steelers getting a great value at OLB at 17.
    • Bears taking a 1st round guard.
    • Saints selecting an offensive tackle and a safety with their first two picks and acquiring a second third-rounder.
    • Sheldon Richardson being drafted as a 5T defensive end.
    • Green Bay drafting a 5T DE in the first round.
    • Denver taking a DT in the first.
    • Matt Elam in the first round to a super bowl team
    • Kyle Long in the first round.
    • Nine offensive linemen in the first round.
    • Lions drafting a corner in the 2nd.
    • Bengals drafting Giovanni Bernard in the second round.
    • Bills taking a WR in the second after a QB in the first, then drafting a LB.
    • Bills drafting Kiko Alonso.
    • Miami drafting a second-round cornerback.
    • David Amerson going #51 to Washington.
    • Washington drafting a safety at 119.
    • Travis Frederick the first center off the board.
    • Predicted Margus Hunt at 53, was drafted at 54.
    • Travis Kelce early 1st round to AFC West (pick 63 vs. 66)
    • Arizona drafting a1st round OL and a 3rd round corner
    • Tampa Bay drafting a QB in the third
    • Jacksonville drafting a CB in the third
    • New England's first two picks being WR and LB.
    • Pittsburgh's first three selections being LB, RB, WR.
    • Pittsburgh's last selection being a nose tackle.
    • Predicted JJ Wilcox going with pick 82, he went pick 80.
    • Colts drafting a guard at 86 (I had them going Winters, who went 76 to the Jets, they drafted Thornton)
    • Seahawks picking a player at DT you didn't expect at pick 86. I had Chris Jones, they went with Jordan Hill.
    • Logan Ryan going at pick 81 (he went 83)
    • Stated in my underrated prospects that Kayvon Webster could go pick 50-100. He went 93 to Denver.
    • Chiefs draft SILB at pick 99.
    • Da'Rick Rogers not drafted in first or second day.
    • Mocked David Bakhtiari #110, was drafted #109.
    • Mocked Ravens trading up to 117 to take Sean Porter ahead of the Bengals. Bengals drafted Porter at 118.
    • Mocked Marcus Lattimore 134, went 131.
    • Mocked Tharold Simon 135, went 138.
    • Bills safety at 143.
    • Pick 167: had Packers drafting Josh Boyce, drafted Josh Boyd (lol)
    • Had Ricky Wagner going 170, went 168.
    • Joseph Randle 6th round to the Cowboys (went 5th round to the Cowboys)
    • Had Rex Burkhead (who many thought would go undrafted) 198 to the Colts. Went 190 to the Bengals.
    • Jets drafting a FB at 215.
    • Mocked Garrett Gilkey at 225. Went 227.
    • Mocked Marquess Wilson 230, went 236.
    • Mocked Jared Smith 235, went 241.
    • Pick 249, backup QB for Falcons
    Posted By: anarchy2day Re: My seven round mock (with trades) - 05/01/13 12:19 AM
    Quote:

OK, last one of these, I promise:

Things I consider "accurate" from my mock.

• Correctly selected the first four players, but got them in the wrong order.
    • The Raiders moving back from 3 gaining only a second in 2013 and no 1st or 2nd next year.
    • Raiders selecting DJ Hayden with a pick received in the trade-down, but I had them taking him in the second.
    • The Lions taking a DE in the first and DE in the fourth. Fourth round player (Devin Taylor) was correct.
    • Buffalo being the only team in the first round drafting a QB with no team trading back into the first for a QB as had been widely rumored.
    • Vikings selecting both Sharrif Floyd and Xavier Rhodes in that order. Also had them trading all of their picks until the fifth round, eschewing drafting a linebacker or guard until late (when they did both.)
    • Rams trading up for Tavon Austin from 16, then trading back from 22 to recoup a pick.
    • Atlanta trading up in the first round, but for the wrong player.
    • Carolina drafting two defensive tackles in first two picks, including Kawann Short.
    • Miami trading out of their first-round spot for a RE, not selecting a CB or LT as had been expected by most.
    • Steelers getting a great value at OLB at 17.
    • Bears taking a 1st round guard.
    • Saints selecting an offensive tackle and a safety with their first two picks and acquiring a second third-rounder.
    • Sheldon Richardson being drafted as a 5T defensive end.
    • Green Bay drafting a 5T DE in the first round.
    • Denver taking a DT in the first.
    • Matt Elam in the first round to a super bowl team
    • Kyle Long in the first round.
    • Nine offensive linemen in the first round.
    • Lions drafting a corner in the 2nd.
    • Bengals drafting Giovanni Bernard in the second round.
    • Bills taking a WR in the second after a QB in the first, then drafting a LB.
    • Bills drafting Kiko Alonso.
    • Miami drafting a second-round cornerback.
    • David Amerson going #51 to Washington.
    • Washington drafting a safety at 119.
    • Travis Frederick the first center off the board.
    • Predicted Margus Hunt at 53, was drafted at 54.
    • Travis Kelce early 1st round to AFC West (pick 63 vs. 66)
    • Arizona drafting a1st round OL and a 3rd round corner
    • Tampa Bay drafting a QB in the third
    • Jacksonville drafting a CB in the third
    • New England's first two picks being WR and LB.
    • Pittsburgh's first three selections being LB, RB, WR.
    • Pittsburgh's last selection being a nose tackle.
    • Predicted JJ Wilcox going with pick 82, he went pick 80.
    • Colts drafting a guard at 86 (I had them going Winters, who went 76 to the Jets, they drafted Thornton)
    • Seahawks picking a player at DT you didn't expect at pick 86. I had Chris Jones, they went with Jordan Hill.
    • Logan Ryan going at pick 81 (he went 83)
    • Stated in my underrated prospects that Kayvon Webster could go pick 50-100. He went 93 to Denver.
    • Chiefs draft SILB at pick 99.
    • Da'Rick Rogers not drafted in first or second day.
    • Mocked David Bakhtiari #110, was drafted #109.
    • Mocked Ravens trading up to 117 to take Sean Porter ahead of the Bengals. Bengals drafted Porter at 118.
    • Mocked Marcus Lattimore 134, went 131.
    • Mocked Tharold Simon 135, went 138.
    • Bills safety at 143.
    • Pick 167: had Packers drafting Josh Boyce, drafted Josh Boyd (lol)
    • Had Ricky Wagner going 170, went 168.
    • Joseph Randle 6th round to the Cowboys (went 5th round to the Cowboys)
    • Had Rex Burkhead (who many thought would go undrafted) 198 to the Colts. Went 190 to the Bengals.
    • Jets drafting a FB at 215.
    • Mocked Garrett Gilkey at 225. Went 227.
    • Mocked Marquess Wilson 230, went 236.
    • Mocked Jared Smith 235, went 241.
    • Pick 249, backup QB for Falcons

So, you're bucking for a job as the Browns new national scout?

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2013/04/30/sports/nh6863984.txt
    © DawgTalkers.net