DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: ThomasE Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 02:56 AM
Hope this is ok here, if not, put it where it belongs: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steel...heir-first-win/
Posted By: MrTed Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 02:58 AM
So long as it keeps us out of the 0fer category, I don't care how it happens. Just as long as it does.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 03:10 AM
I just don't see Pit rolling over to an 0-15 team .. Think that would a little embarrassing !
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 03:23 AM
There is no way we win this game. Sorry.

Let the Perfect Season Pity Parade commence!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 03:29 AM
It's embarrassing either way. We get beat by their starters, our starters win against their backups (if indeed that happens, Landry Jones has beaten us in the past).
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 03:41 AM
if the steelers lay down for this game, they'll laying on top of us.
Posted By: Glw12 Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 03:55 AM
They beat us last year without Bell and Ben and other starters. The Steelers have a lot of pride no matter who's on the field.
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 05:20 AM
We don't lay down? We have ~100 mill under cap. We draft like retards. We are owned by ex Steelers...we call 50 yard passes on 3rd and 1. We have 20 men in the huddle on every other play.... Hi snap for other teams td.... Just a coincidence everything
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 12:16 PM
Is that an Official Name for the parade? Nice ring to it. How about Mardi Gras of Misery?

Other ideas? I would love to see us shock them, but I can't see any way possible.

Resting starters may be a lasting insult even beyond The Record.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 12:34 PM
It looks like the point spread is down to Steelers by 8 points.

That's quite a drop from the 15 point opener.

8 Point Favorites win ~ 76% of the time.

So the Browns do have almost a 1 out of 4 chance of winning.

I really can't see the Steelers handing the last game of the season to a winless team. Not a good way to go into the play-offs.

But point spreads don't care and they don't lie.

Pick a number from 1 to 4.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 01:00 PM
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

Pick a number from 1 to 4.

We guessing how many points the Browns will score?
Posted By: eotab Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 01:01 PM
Well last time we were in sort of this scenario...Big Ben was coming back from an injury and not playing. Landry started and we dominated the first several series and then we hurt Landry. Big Ben came in gippy and all and just killed us.

He could not move in that game and defensively we applied no pressure no blitzes to take advantage of the injury we just let Big Ben sit back and pick us apart.

Brown is a big key I think. He has killed us when we are playing good defense against them...no matter what he would make that big 3rd down play. Guy is one of the few WRs I truly respect. Him and Larry Fitzgerald are probably 2 that I respect the most. Most others I consider a dime a dozen.

If Larry goes FA I hope we give him a ton of money!

jmho
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 02:06 PM
They will crush us. NOBODY would lay down for this steaming pile of an organization.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 02:13 PM
I don't want a participation trophy this season ! lol
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: MrTed
So long as it keeps us out of the 0fer category, I don't care how it happens. Just as long as it does.

+1 thumbsup
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 03:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Is that an Official Name for the parade? Nice ring to it. How about Mardi Gras of Misery?

How about Sharty Gras ?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 04:39 PM
I’m not sure if the PITY win is going to be a good or a bad thing ... still dont know how i’ll Feel about it ...
Posted By: TONY Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 04:50 PM
If the 3 Bs don't play, we can beat these guys. Do it to avoid 0-16 as the worst ever. The days of the Steelers beating up on the Browns is coming to an end soon. Go Browns!!!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 04:52 PM
Quote:
8 Point Favorites win ~ 76% of the time.

I'll bet it's closer to 100% when playing the Browns.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I’m not sure if the PITY win is going to be a good or a bad thing ... still dont know how i’ll Feel about it ...

A win would still taste bad but not being the only other team to lose all it's games in a season is a reprieve I'll accept.

Not that it would feel good, but it's either that or feel really, really bad.

Beating a short-talent Steelers will be forgotten in a year or two. Going 0-16 will be remembered forever.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 07:20 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Any win over the Steelers is good ... ALWAYS!!!
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 07:25 PM
The way things are a win would be nice under just about any circumstances but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Been there done that.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 07:26 PM
I agree we should have beaten them last year but Crow fumbled inside the 5 when all we needed was a FG ... frown
Posted By: The Beast Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 07:29 PM
Not sure this is a good idea for the Steelers. Sure, you don't want to get your key guys injured. At the same time, not playing for two weeks (since they have the bye) isn't always a good thing either. I could see them playing for a half (at which time the game should be well in hand against the dumpster fire). Go Steelers! (Because Jimmy Haslam DESERVES to have 0-16 next to his name FOREVER)
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 08:28 PM
Originally Posted By: The Beast
Not sure this is a good idea for the Steelers. Sure, you don't want to get your key guys injured. At the same time, not playing for two weeks (since they have the bye) isn't always a good thing either. I could see them playing for a half (at which time the game should be well in hand against the dumpster fire). Go Steelers! (Because Jimmy Haslam DESERVES to have 0-16 next to his name FOREVER)

Really Beast? superconfused
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 08:50 PM
I doubt they're worried about 2 weeks off for those guys (Ben and Bell). Those guys are dialed in.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 09:03 PM
There is zero chance that we beat them even if they play their entire 2nd string and zero starters.

Pride will prevent them from allowing an 0-15 team to beat them; all else be damned.
Posted By: Dave Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
There is zero chance that we beat them even if they play their entire 2nd string and zero starters.

Pride will prevent them from allowing an 0-15 team to beat them; all else be damned.

You are forgetting our secret weapon ...

Posted By: GMdawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 09:42 PM
We shall kick their ass all over their own field. They don't stand a chance, we will rein supreme. You heard it here 1st.
Posted By: eotab Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 10:19 PM
Hey the first game was a 3 point game. I expected us to be in this game at least the first 3 quarters. If we win...we earned it.

jmho
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 10:47 PM
I'll take it.. But it won't happen. The B's will be on the sideline laughing at us....like always
Posted By: eotab Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 11:09 PM
I hate that to no end flamingmad

And its like sometimes they are worried that we will win...then Momentum just shifts usually on a Ref's call... rolleyes and soon to follow when they realize they can breath easier...then they start the laugh parade usually led by Tomlin!

grrrrr...lol laugh
Posted By: MrTed Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 11:25 PM
Originally Posted By: The Beast
(Because Jimmy Haslam DESERVES to have 0-16 next to his name FOREVER)

Whether he does or not, we sure as hell don't.

And that's what matters.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 11:29 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
Hey the first game was a 3 point game. I expected us to be in this game at least the first 3 quarters. If we win...we earned it.

jmho

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Big drop in the Vegas line and total points from the "Open" after the announced various players not playing.

Imo, we'll win. We'll earn it. nanner nanner nanner

Us............18.5
Them.......18
Posted By: TONY Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 11:40 PM
Play Hogan and you win the game and avoid the parade. Anytime you can beat the Steelers it is pleasurable! Just so they fire Hue though!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/29/17 11:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

True.... but they no longer have LeBeau running their defense for Hogan to ensure things go our way.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 12:54 AM
If the NE/Jets game is close and the Steelers are losing, I wouldn't be surprised if Ben and LeVeon come back in.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 01:02 AM
I think Tomlin will start Ben. He'll lead a scoring drive and get the lead, then the backups come in knowing that once we are behind, all they need is defense from that point on.

I see them treating this game like a preseason game.

They will beat us. Many backup QBs do. I see no way the Steelers let their fans see the Browns win at Heinz Field just before the playoffs.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 01:17 AM

I have a feeling we win today. The hero? Danny Vitale, #40, Fullback, gets 11 yards rushing on 3 attempts, and 3 TDs. Return of the White Rhino.

You heard it here first.

In Dave we trust.
Posted By: Dave Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 01:51 AM
All my predictions come with a caveat ... results may vary and batteries not included.

wink grin
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 02:11 AM
All my predictions come with a caveat ... results may vary and batteries not included.

wink grin

Doesn't look like Danny is going to play.
Posted By: Glw12 Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 01:59 PM
The Steelers don't lay down for anyone. They may pull their starters but as we proved last year, we couldn't beat their backups. If they don't play their starters it will motivate them to humiliate us without Ben, Bell and Brown. We have hit rock bottom. I am waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel.
Posted By: Pittfan43 Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 02:36 PM
I am betting this is going to be a close game that goes down to the wire. I'll tell you this....with Landry Jones starting for the Steelers, I give the QB edge in the game to Kizer and the Browns.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Pittfan43
I am betting this is going to be a close game that goes down to the wire. I'll tell you this....with Landry Jones starting for the Steelers, I give the QB edge in the game to Kizer and the Browns.

How do you give the qb edge to Kiser when Jones has beaten us before and Kiser hasn’t shown he can win at anything?
Posted By: Dave Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 03:45 PM
Ohio Turnpike jammed with Pittsburgh-bound Browns' fans intent on filling Heinz Field with a sea of Brown-and-Orange ...

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 04:07 PM
I think they are more interested in punking us with their 2nd team.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I think they are more interested in punking us with their 2nd team.

Exactly. Tomlin knows his backups can beat us, and they will. He'll be standing there with a smile on his face while it happens. Ben and the boys will be yucking it up on the sidelines watching the NE score on the big screen.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 09:34 PM
I have to agree with Pittfan.

One betting pattern I always thought was true, was that when the point spread changed, bet on the team that got better odds (of winning).

From Pittsburgh -15, to -8, to -6.

If I had to bet my life on this game, I'd take Cleveland +6.

Could be the Browns best game of the year.

Ain't that funny?

Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/30/17 10:21 PM
That would be incredible! Make it so!

I think I am just about believed out for this year. Maybe if we don't pass, just wildcat and run we are better off. Kizer can't give it away.

I was thrilled to read Thomas talking up how it will be better with the FO using cap space, picks, and such more like other teams. Absolutely brilliant. Come back and enjoy the ride , big man!
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 12:01 AM
Steelers backups are better than our starters, D with start strong, Kizer will make a bonehead play then D will give up.

Landry Jones will look like Big Ben
Posted By: Dave Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 12:16 AM
The Browns will win tomorrow. You heard it here first, unless you heard it somewhere else before this.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 12:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
Steelers backups are better than our starters, D with start strong, Kizer will make a bonehead play then D will give up.

Landry Jones is terrible tsktsk
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 12:25 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

But terrible enough to still beat us.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 12:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Hard to argue with that frown
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 12:32 AM

Unfortunately.
Posted By: DeaconDawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 03:39 AM

Unfortunately.

This is so sad...
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 06:01 AM
I guess "gallows humor" is the only humor that's left for us-
Posted By: drobs Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 08:14 AM
I think we do something like get up by 21 to zip and end up losing on a last minute FG which was missed the first time when Hue ices the kicker. It would be the ideal way to end THIS season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 11:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I guess "gallows humor" is the only humor that's left for us-
haha good one clem
Posted By: eotab Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 02:34 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I have a feeling we win today. The hero? Danny Vitale, #40, Fullback, gets 11 yards rushing on 3 attempts, and 3 TDs. Return of the White Rhino.

You heard it here first.

In Dave we trust.

I think Vitale is out???
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 02:35 PM
Yeah, we have a new FB who we signed on Tuesday. I forget his name though, because the thought of having a two back set that doesn't include both Duke Johnson and Crow makes me very sad.
Posted By: eotab Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 03:09 PM
Like the FB from Wisconsin #20
jmho
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 06:07 PM
The Browns will win tomorrow. You heard it here first, unless you heard it somewhere else before this.

After each team had 1 series
Wow, did the Browns remember to show up?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 06:44 PM
maybe we laid down
Posted By: Groza76 Re: Steelers laying down? - 12/31/17 08:59 PM
Browns made too many mistakes but the sStoolers tried!
© DawgTalkers.net