DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dave New posters - 03/03/13 05:50 PM
I've noticed quite a few new posters over the last week or so. Check in and tell us a little about yourselves, and how you found this message board. Welcome to you all, its good to hear some new voices.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: New posters - 03/03/13 05:55 PM
Welcome to all of you, too! We're a decent bunch over here. Be prepared for discussions about Seacows, "we gotta get this guy", jokes about the Cincinnati Penal League football team, and the political thread where anyone that isn't right is wrong .
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New posters - 03/03/13 05:55 PM
Quote:

I've noticed quite a few new posters over the last week or so. Check in and tell us a little about yourselves, and how you found this message board. Welcome to you all, its good to hear some new voices.

Tell us about these "voices" you are hearing.
Posted By: Swish Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:00 PM
came from the official chat boards, was told they are shutting down so i came over here.

i don't post too much in football, just read, but very active in the general discussion(everything else...) side.

i'm 25, active duty in the Army, can't wait to get into some heated debates with you guys.
Posted By: Dave Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:01 PM
9 out of 10 of them say I'm perfectly sane.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:02 PM
Thanks for your service Swish! Lots of vets here and uummm....plenty of heated debates!
Posted By: Dave Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:04 PM
Brownschat is closing? I haven't been over there in years.
Posted By: Swish Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:05 PM
Quote:

Thanks for your service Swish! Lots of vets here and uummm....plenty of heated debates!

thanks bro!
Posted By: Swish Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:06 PM
Quote:

yea they closing it for a while, suppose to be a new board coming up but they have no idea when.
Posted By: jaybird Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:15 PM
Welcome and thank you for serving!
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:15 PM
Much better here! You'll never go back!
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:29 PM
Quote:

Perhaps you've missed the welcome sticky that is up in every forum here.

That is why we have so many new posters and will continue to get some.

Welcome to all the new posters!
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:30 PM
I'm CHSdawg and I came over here because BC is closing. Could have sworn I had an account here previously, but I guess I don't/didn't. Well, I look forward to arguing with all of you in the near future
Posted By: anarchy2day Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:49 PM
Quote:

Quote:

That is why we have so many new posters and will continue to get some.

Welcome to all the new posters!

You mean that they're not all KendallStorm alter egos?
Posted By: Dave Re: New posters - 03/03/13 06:52 PM
Quote:

Perhaps you're right ...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/03/13 07:00 PM
Welcome aboard to you displaced dawgs. Hope you enjoy it here. We're a pretty good lot ..... and have some pretty spirited debates on a variety of subjects.

I tend to stay out of most of them though, because I hate arguing and debating ......
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: New posters - 03/03/13 07:09 PM
Posted By: GoneWithTheDawgs Re: New posters - 03/03/13 07:10 PM
Welcome new members. You may like it here better that brownschat. There are better functions here. If you don't like the background, you can always change it to whatever you like.

I don't post much here. I read here most of the time.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/03/13 07:22 PM
For those who want a different colors and such, you can change it by clicking on "My Home", "Display Preferences", and then select from the drop down list of style sheets. There are a variety of combinations to choose from.
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: New posters - 03/03/13 07:46 PM
I'm over from BrownsChat as well (member since 07). Been to only one Browns home game, but look forward to going back (hopefully this year with them battling to lead the division) Ex-Navy, live in Tusc County Ohio, been a Browns fan since age 10 (47 now) Enjoy working on small engines, computers, and automobiles...well really don't enjoy auto work but seem to do it often.

Quote:

If you don't like the background, you can always change it to whatever you like.

I'm interested in how to do this, I looked around in the FAQ, and don't remember seeing anything on it. Can you point me in the right direction please? Oh yeah, thanks for the welcome messages from the members of this community.
Posted By: GoneWithTheDawgs Re: New posters - 03/03/13 07:48 PM
Ytown posted how. The 2 posts up.
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: New posters - 03/03/13 07:53 PM
Noticed that after I submitted my post. Thanks.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: New posters - 03/03/13 08:00 PM
With Browns chat shutting down does that mean Dawgtalkers won?

Still standing
Posted By: Loki Re: New posters - 03/03/13 08:07 PM
Quote:

With Browns chat shutting down does that mean Dawgtalkers won?

Still standing

I think that's a fair inference.

Welcome to the new members should get interesting around here
Posted By: jfanent Re: New posters - 03/03/13 08:18 PM
How do you propose we deal with these illegal immigrants?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/03/13 08:24 PM
Quote:

How do you propose we deal with these illegal immigrants?

We better build a fence ......
Posted By: Dave Re: New posters - 03/03/13 08:29 PM
I'm in the amnesty camp for this particular invasion. Except for Coach B and his "son".
Posted By: Rishuz Re: New posters - 03/03/13 08:37 PM
Does this mean ... gulp ... Vers is coming back?

Yikes.
Posted By: crazyotto55 Re: New posters - 03/03/13 10:10 PM
I'd be surprised if he came back. But you never know.

I just went over there and saw eotab still posts.

They are actually pointing the posters over there to this site which is nice. (Also tells me that some of the Refs there are Refs here or were).

The old board (Browns chat) will close on March 8th so I'm guessing we'll see an even bigger influx of new names next weekend.

The more the merrier, I say.
Posted By: 123 Re: New posters - 03/03/13 10:39 PM
I wonder%how many posters will get directed here and remember this format from the old days? I wonder how many people missed the transition the first time?

I don't post much anymore - just read what you all have to say , but this format is what a message board should be. That's why I stayed. Kinda excited to see what happens.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: New posters - 03/03/13 11:37 PM
Well I'll be dang, when did they post that?

Welcome newbies.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: New posters - 03/03/13 11:40 PM
Quote:

I'm shocked they are closing it down,, Simply shocked..
Posted By: dawg66 Re: New posters - 03/03/13 11:42 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I'm shocked they are closing it down,, Simply

shocked..

Banner and Lombardi must be tired of reading all the negative things about themselves.
Posted By: jfanent Re: New posters - 03/04/13 12:01 AM
Does this make Dawgtalkers.net the official message board of the Cleveland Browns?
Posted By: sk8termom Re: New posters - 03/04/13 12:02 AM
Welcome to all of the newbies from the Browns Chat Board. I'm a Steelers fan, not a troll, who occasionally posts here. This is a wonderful community!
Posted By: sk8termom Re: New posters - 03/04/13 12:03 AM
Quote:

Does this make Dawgtalkers.net the official message board of the Cleveland Browns?

sounds good
Posted By: Damanshot Re: New posters - 03/04/13 12:15 AM
Quote:

Wait, you mean it wasn't?
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: New posters - 03/04/13 12:39 AM
Quote:

Quote:

I'm shocked they are closing it down,, Simply shocked..

For the new members Purple font means sarcasm in case you didn't know. Welcome aboard to all the new members!!
Posted By: Rambo Re: New posters - 03/04/13 01:36 AM
Welcome to all the new posters! Nice to see some fresh blood on the board.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: New posters - 03/04/13 02:00 AM
I will await the $9.99 monthly fee from each new poster. Please send a check or money order to:

Pope Hilarius II
c/o Charles Nelson Reilly
Vatican City
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New posters - 03/04/13 02:08 AM
Welcome.

The board seems a bit slow right now, just wait until draft day. EVERYONE comes out to play that day (or night).

Good community here.
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: New posters - 03/04/13 02:21 AM
Quote:

Welcome.

The board seems a bit slow right now, just wait until draft day. EVERYONE comes out to play that day (or night).

A move in FA will make a difference too. I can't wait to see additions to the roster.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: New posters - 03/04/13 02:51 AM
Thank-you for your sacrifices.
There are many veterans here,and even some card carrying Commies,what the hell,it's a free country.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: New posters - 03/04/13 03:06 AM
Quote:

Yikes.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/showprofile.p...part=1&vc=1

I remember being banned from browns chat and being given a smart response of "well if you don't like posting here, find another site." Then I discovered you unfortunate souls
Posted By: MOOK Re: New posters - 03/04/13 03:56 AM
Quote:

I will await the $9.99 monthly fee from each new poster. Please send a check or money order to:

Pope Hilarius II
Vatican City

No purple font, so you'll be seeing my check in the mail Pope Hilarius II.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: New posters - 03/04/13 04:04 AM
If you take the word of the last Brown's forums, Swish is one of those commies
Posted By: anarchy2day Re: New posters - 03/04/13 04:07 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Pope Hilarius II
Vatican City

No purple font, so you'll be seeing my check in the mail Pope Hilarius II.

There. Fixed it for you.

He'll make up the margins on banner ads and site hits.

Posted By: Tyler_Derden Re: New posters - 03/04/13 06:30 AM
I remember finding this place by accident a little while after the Official Board changed its format from something like this---to that Browns Chat crap...

I stayed on the official site for a little while, then somehow, through Google, I found this site.......and I stayed on ever since, though l post a whole lot less than I used to....
Posted By: ~TuX~ Re: New posters - 03/04/13 07:37 AM
Quote:

I remember finding this place by accident a little while after the Official Board changed its format from something like this---to that Browns Chat crap...

I stayed on the official site for a little while, then somehow, through Google, I found this site.......and I stayed on ever since, though l post a whole lot less than I used to....

I heard about this site from when they were dismantling the old board. I tried browns chat for a couple of days until I couldn't stand it anymore and came here.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: New posters - 03/04/13 10:57 AM
Welcome one and all. Kick your shoes off, prop up your feet, and makes yourselves at home.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New posters - 03/04/13 11:13 AM
Quote:

Welcome one and all. Kick your shoes off, prop up your feet, and makes yourselves at home.

Indeed.

I have given up the duties of awarding the ceremonial Gold Jacket.

Maybe you or someone else should resurrect the tradition.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: New posters - 03/04/13 11:22 AM
for only $199.99 each plus shipping and handling I would pass out a lot of them
Posted By: Damanshot Re: New posters - 03/04/13 01:00 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Yikes.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/showprofile.p...part=1&vc=1

I remember being banned from browns chat and being given a smart response of "well if you don't like posting here, find another site." Then I discovered you unfortunate souls

Vers is indeed back..

Who was the guy that used to do a "what I saw" thread after each game? Eotab, was that it?
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New posters - 03/04/13 02:43 PM
Welcome.....

Boards are slow now, but pick up during prime NFL events (Draft, camp, season)

Political threads are very much like campaigns... alot of mud slinging, yelling, masked insults, etc. Actually, come to think of it, that is pretty much all threads. Except the one subject matter we all seem to agree unanimously on....QBs
Posted By: Arps Re: New posters - 03/04/13 02:58 PM
Hello folks!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: New posters - 03/04/13 03:27 PM
Quote:

Who was the guy that used to do a "what I saw" thread after each game? Eotab, was that it?

You really don't remember?

Maybe that old age and memory thing is true.
Posted By: MrTed Re: New posters - 03/04/13 05:42 PM
Quote:

If you take the word of the last Brown's forums, Swish is one of those commies

Nah, I would say swish(a) would be more of a libbytarian than a commie! I'm from the other board also, been a fan since '80. 45 years old now and still hangin' in there!
Posted By: Damanshot Re: New posters - 03/04/13 06:03 PM
Quote:

Quote:

You really don't remember?

Maybe that old age and memory thing is true.

Sorry, I forgot the question
Posted By: jfanent Re: New posters - 03/04/13 11:44 PM
OK. Now go hide your own Easter Eggs.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: New posters - 03/05/13 12:27 AM
Quote:

OK. Now go hide your own Easter Eggs.

No,, I don't wanna

I should say to all the new posters that are coming over from the browns site,, we feel your pain,, we know the feeling of abandonment that you feel today. We are here today because they did the same things to us a bunch of years ago that they did to you today.

But for the actions of a selfless person to build this site, pay for it out of his own pocket, never tell us we NEEDED to pay anything, we'd be be right there with you.

If you look at the top of this site, it has a PayPal button,, Give what you can. Believe me, this board is very professionally run. Issues crop up from time to time, but overall, this is so much better moderated then the old board. It's run by a person that has more common sense than those on the Browns Site.

From a Technical stand point, the owner of this site is "Right on the beam" when things need addressed.

So, while it's not required, it's desired. Help if you can.. drop a dime on the guy. he deserves it.

Then, Join in and have fun..
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: New posters - 03/05/13 03:55 AM
I still have the letter that was posted stating all the frustration about the crappy message board software that was used.

I don't really know how they lived with that forum....

And I will just echo Damanshot's comment. If you can and are able to donate to the cause it would be helpful. The site is here because we as a collective choose to be here. There is a lot of personal time donated to keeping the site going.

Besides, it gets rid of the ads.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: New posters - 03/05/13 04:00 AM
Quote:

Besides, it gets rid of the ads.

That, and Prp is a hell of a guy!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New posters - 03/05/13 06:22 AM
Welcome, y'all!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/05/13 06:26 AM
Well .... look who's back.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New posters - 03/05/13 06:28 AM
shhh.... I'm layin' low
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/05/13 06:28 AM
You've been laying really, really low, huh?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New posters - 03/05/13 06:32 AM
Just a wee bit... been busy
Posted By: ~TuX~ Re: New posters - 03/05/13 07:50 AM
Quote:

Pulling the plugs from the servers of your competitor, I guess?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: New posters - 03/05/13 10:23 AM
Quote:

shhh.... I'm layin' low

With who
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New posters - 03/05/13 12:44 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Pulling the plugs from the servers of your competitor, I guess?

Everyone's gotta have a hobby, right?
Posted By: rockdogg Re: New posters - 03/05/13 12:51 PM
New board.

New identity.

Same attitude.
Posted By: Ricky1319 Quick Hello - 03/07/13 03:20 PM
Just like to say hello to everyone here im here from the other Browns boards. Had same name over there. I been a Browns fan for a little over 10yrs now(i am 30 now). I grew up a Steelers fan but now hate them more than anything. My love for the Browns is unquestionable and my hope is to see some winning football within the next yr or 2...

ps i made this earlier but i dont know if i posted it or not, still learning the boards here. if it was deleted then im sorry i reposted this as well..thanks
Posted By: Arps Re: Quick Hello - 03/07/13 03:21 PM
Hello and welcome.
Posted By: DevilDawg56 Thanks!! - 03/07/13 03:40 PM
First off,I would like to thank the Dawg Talkers message board for having all of us castoffs from the Browns site chat board.1 thing I didn't see was a way to monitor certain members posts.I like to follow certain posters and getting email notification of their posts was helpful.Also,I did something wrong if I had to register under a new account.Even though it was only a hundred or so posts,I would have liked to just move my account. I was brownsfanatic55 over there. Thanks again.
Posted By: eotab Re: Thanks!! - 03/07/13 03:46 PM
I've made the jump too...as you can see from my post count I've been busy posting...

Just one thing - near the top in white is a thing that states...Rules of the Pound...I'd click on that n check out the sites rules Its a nice place to discuss football.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Thanks!! - 03/07/13 03:46 PM
Welcome aboard.

If I am understanding you correctly, I would say that the 2 boards are separate entities, and require individual registration. You can change your displayed name to the same name you used on the other board if you want by clicking on "My Home", then on "Personal Information", then change your display name and submit.

Or you are perfectly free to keep your new name if you choose.

P.S. I am sure that a ref will move this thread into the "General Discussion" forum ..... just so you don't wonder where things went.
Posted By: Arps Re: Thanks!! - 03/07/13 03:49 PM
Hello and welcome
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New posters - 03/07/13 05:09 PM
Welcome, and thanks for your service. Watch out for the trolls! Might be an interesting year (we hope).
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Thanks!! - 03/07/13 05:17 PM
Quote:

First off,I would like to thank the Dawg Talkers message board for having all of us castoffs from the Browns site chat board

LOL I think most all of us are cast offs from the other board. Some of us were cast aside many years ago,, it was just your turn. We were mostly all cast aside in September 2006. That's when they changed over the look of the board from this look to what you saw. most of us just didn't like the look and didn't like the feel of the the "NEW" Board so we left.

Funny thing is, I seem to remember it showed something like 4000 members before they switched looks, then shortly after, it jumped to 6000 members. Not sure, but so darn many of us jumped over here and just never left.

Funny thing, while that board has gone through what appears to be many ups and downs, this one has remained constant.

Welcome aboard
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: New posters - 03/13/13 11:03 PM
Thanks for the greetings "dawg talkers". I didn't post much over there but this site seems much easier and faster to navigate. So I'll probably post more here.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/14/13 02:58 AM
Welcome aboard.
Posted By: proudelf Re: New posters - 03/14/13 10:32 AM
From the official board also. Browns fan since 1964. USNavy 1976-1982.

Think I'm going to like this place alot. Our Browns have signed four FAs and I haven't seen ANYONE yelling for a new FO or dumping the coaches!

Yet
Posted By: Arps Re: New posters - 03/14/13 12:02 PM
...yet

Give it time.

Welcome, and thank you for your service.
Posted By: Southwestdawg Re: New posters - 03/14/13 01:19 PM
I use to post here years ago. When the Browns Chat opened up on the official web site moved over there. Missed the spirited debates with some here, but it got really spirited over there too. Guess I've been gone long enough that my username got deleted.
Posted By: Millcreek Dawg Re: New posters - 03/14/13 02:52 PM
Obama shut down the Browns chat because of Sequester, so I came over here
Posted By: Arps Re: New posters - 03/14/13 02:55 PM
My aunt was killed by a sequester.

I grew up in Harborcreek, we were practically neighbors.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: New posters - 03/14/13 03:53 PM
For all you new posters I hope you know your in charge of the booze, food, and entertainment at the next party we have
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/14/13 03:55 PM
Quote:

For all you new posters I hope you know your in charge of the booze, food, and entertainment at the next party we have

And the strippers.

You always forget the darn strippers.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: New posters - 03/14/13 03:59 PM
At my age I always forget something.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/14/13 04:05 PM
That's the most important part though. We can always find booze somewhere.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: New posters - 03/14/13 04:37 PM
We can always find strippers as well, BUT their is a big difference in the 5 dollar ones and the 500 dollar ones, and do we really want to trust the new guys and end up with strippers that look like Ma Kettle
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/14/13 04:39 PM
If they bring bad strippers, we kick them the heck out.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: New posters - 03/14/13 11:27 PM
You can kick out the new guys but you're still stuck with Ma Kettle and her sisters!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/15/13 02:57 AM
Quote:

You can kick out the new guys but you're still stuck with Ma Kettle and her sisters!

I am never stuck with Ma Kettle and her sisters.

They're stuck with me.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: New posters - 03/15/13 02:51 PM
Been with the other forum since it started back in 2006...and I came here when it closed...So many names look familiar on here (overtoad ballpeen Jules etc) so either I saw them off clevelandbrowns.com or I used to venture this site...don't remember...seems cool on here a lot of good posters...have a cousin that's a well known sports reporter for the Browns...which I guess is pretty neat lol I miss just watching a .500 team...and hoping we get things rolling for once...also I have a huge high end inventory of certified autographs (mostly today's stars Newton, AJ Green, AP, Harvin, Crabtree, Cobb, Maclin, Blackmon, Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Iverson, Wall, Vince Carter, a cool McFadden Barry Sanders dual auto #10/10 and much more) so if anyone needs anything just send me a message
Posted By: Millcreek Dawg Re: New posters - 03/16/13 10:00 AM
We better start the party before Obama Sequesters the strippers.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: New posters - 03/16/13 06:42 PM
Can we send some of these guys back or is it too late?
Posted By: AC001 Re: New posters - 03/17/13 04:25 AM
Hey, I'm another member who just made the jump from the now closed board on the official site. I read the board very often over there but was usually an occasional poster.

I moved from Ohio to Arizona last August, but remain as dedicated of a browns fan as ever, I really like this board and I am excited to see so many users from brownschat and even members i remember from years age on there.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: New posters - 03/17/13 05:12 AM
Welcome to all the new posters! I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have over the past few years. You have your first post and you look at other board members and wonder what a "hall of famer" means and how someone can ever have that many posts. Well, before you know it you have over 1000 and counting...But this place is great board. While debating Browns issues you can also have discussions dealing with just about anything from movies, politics, tech issues, NCAA bball, baseball, etc. Oh yeah, and don't be afraid to login to the Dawgtalkers chat for games, the draft, and other exciting events!

I could never even imagine going back to the chat on the official website.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New posters - 03/17/13 05:14 AM
Hall of Fame .... pshaa ......

Some of us are Legendary .......

For being able to waste as much time as we have here, and babble on and on and one and on .............
Posted By: ~TuX~ Re: New posters - 03/18/13 07:09 AM
Quote:

Hall of Fame .... pshaa ......

Some of us are Legendary .......

For being able to waste as much time as we have here, and babble on and on and one and on .............

You can definitely tell who wastes too much time here or those who don't waste enough time here. I really need to start catching up to everyone again.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: New posters - 03/18/13 10:26 PM
Some may have noticed, but I too am from the original board @ clevelandbrowns.com.

Thus far, most everyone here has been cool, open for solid and legit discussion/opinions and decently respectful. So thanks, and hello all lol!
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: New posters - 03/19/13 04:15 AM
Shaddup!

© DawgTalkers.net