DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: ErikInHell Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 02:56 AM
My wife, who is currently an unemployed nurse, went to the scene of an accident near our house.

She assisted the first person she found, one of the victims from this crash. By the time the paramedics arrived, she had calmed the woman she found sitting on the curb. A man that was a witness to the accident and a medic, held the woman's head steady while my wife took her blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and checked her pupils, while another woman brought a blanket from her car at my wife's request, as the victim was in shock. She relayed all the info to the paramedics when they arrived. The other five accident victims were cared for by the paramedics. From what we were told, one of the drivers had a seizure, causing the accident.

My wife used to train medics for the US Army. It's nice to see she still has her chops, and it was the first time I've actually seen her in action. Me, I stood between her and the cars, as the fire was causing the tires to explode.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 02:59 AM
Second that kudos!!!

That looks nasty, bro!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 03:09 AM
Very brave lady you have there.
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 03:11 AM
Quote:

Second that kudos!!!

That looks nasty, bro!

Everyone lived. The picture shows 3 of the 4 cars involved, and the fire is low compared to what we first saw. I would say the flames were 20 feet high when we got there.

The woman my wife treated was battered and will probably have whiplash and back issues. Other than that, she was fine. Everyone got out of the cars somehow. We got there after the fire started. I can tell you that if anyone was in the cars, they were not getting out alive. The heat was far too high for anyone to attempt a rescue. We were there about 2 minutes after the crash. I'm very glad we got to do more than witness people burn to death.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 03:14 AM
Congrats. I'm thankful there are people out there like you and your wife.
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 03:46 AM
I just want to tell you that that's heroic.

Not the bs that comes from people playing sports.

Thank you.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 08:57 AM
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 11:32 AM
Quote:

. We need more "good neighbors" such as your wife...
Posted By: Arps Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 12:11 PM
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 12:36 PM
Kudos.

(as we hear quite often "the training kicked in")
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 12:48 PM
She'd be the first to tell you she's not a hero. For that matter, I was only there to make sure she didn't get hurt. I have no medical training, other than what I've picked up dealing with kids and sports over the years. After it was clear the paramedics had everything under control, we left. I just thought it was cool as I've never seen her in an emergency situation before. I personally thought all we'd be able to do was witness funeral pyres, as the vehicles were on fire within 30 seconds of us hearing the accident.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 02:30 PM
You have an amazing lady
Posted By: Riley01 Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 03:34 PM
STANDING OVATION and GOD BLESS GREAT AMERICANS LIKE HER
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 04:18 PM
Well done, Dawg!

Your wife is impressive, to say the least.

Posted By: GMdawg Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 07:57 PM
Kudos for your wife for putting up with you for this long She deserves a medal almost as big as the one my wife deserves for putting up with me

No really kudos to her, it takes a special person to be a nurse, and to do what she did. I know as my wife is also a nurse. Good job Mrs Erik
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 08:25 PM
Quote:

Kudos for your wife for putting up with you for this long She deserves a medal almost as big as the one my wife deserves for putting up with me

I have her picture up on my cube wall at work. I usually get asked, "What's wrong with her?", or, "What do you have on her?". I guess she just likes my particular brand of ugly.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 10:44 PM
[quoteI guess she just likes my particular brand of ugly.

lol that's funny.

BTW Kudos to your wife.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 10:49 PM
Awesome! Bump!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 10:57 PM
Well done by her!

And well done by you for marrying her!
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Kudos to my wife - 05/06/14 11:20 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I have her picture up on my cube wall at work. I usually get asked, "What's wrong with her?", or, "What do you have on her?". I guess she just likes my particular brand of ugly.

LMAO I hear at least twice a day how pretty my daughter is (from the photo on my desk) it's funny to watch peoples face when I say thats my wife
© DawgTalkers.net