DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: BrownsBabe Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 10:32 AM
I just discovered one of my husbands best friends is in the ICU and we're not totally sure why yet. His wife is a wreck right now and I just got off the phone with her. She is like the big sister I never had. The only thing they do know is that they've discovered he's diabetic. His blood sugar was so high they couldn't even get a result on him-that means he was up over 1200 and a healthy level 2 hours after eating would be around 120-130.

Please send them prayers, positive thoughts, good karma positive juju...whatever. Thanks
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 02:00 PM
Prayers are on the way Babe.
prayers sent
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 03:31 PM
I pray that your friend's husband has a complete recovery, and returns to his wife quickly and in full health.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 05:49 PM
Prayers on the way kid.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 06:10 PM
Done.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 07:14 PM
Prayin'!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 09:30 PM
prayers
Posted By: BrownsBabe Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 10:49 PM
He's doing MUCH better now. Seems as though it may have been a diabetic shock/coma thing. Probably because he didn't know he was diabetic until last night. But, his wife said he's doing well. Now we get to the healing and the lifestyle change. Luckily he has lots of people in his life who are very familiar with diabetes and can certainly help him adapt.

Thank you all.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/19/14 11:44 PM
He definitely needs to watch his sugar. I am diabetic now, (about 4 years or so now, I think ......... that I know of) and I am having all kinds of nerve pain issues, probably because of the diabetes. My sugar is where my doctor feels is OK, but I think that I need to talk to him about it, and see if there is a way to get it down lower. I do not want to develop more diabetic nerve issues than I already have. I am starting to wonder if the pain in my back is partially a result of the diabetes as well, or not? I don't know if diabetes can impact the spine nerves themselves or not.

I'll have to make an appointment with my family doctor to discuss this as well as my pain doctor.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/20/14 01:37 AM
Continued prayers for your friend's husband. Wishing a quick recovery and control of his health.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Prayers and Good Thoughts Please - 12/20/14 02:20 AM
I will keep him in my prayers the lifestyle changes are the hardest part frown
© DawgTalkers.net