DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 04:17 AM
Things are quickly escalating and getting out of hand in the ND pipeline protest. This has me thinking about the Oregon Refuge takeover and how relatively calm and patient the law was and they were recently found "not guilty"....now, flash forward to the ND Indian reservation and the difference in how they are being treated is shocking to say the least.

I know some of you will roll your eyes at the liberal site this comes from...but, hear me out...watch the 7min video and then make up your mind. This is not Iraq, this is not Afghanistan, it's not Syria...this is currently the US armed response on a protest in North Dakota.

Video removed due to profanity.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 04:29 AM
No mainstream media is covering dapl. The elites saw how bad Keystone flopped when it got press, DAPL would be much worse. I'm shocked that it wasn't mentioned in the debate.
Posted By: Swish Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 09:55 AM
You know what sucks? The Oregon protesters rolled in armed to the teeth with the racist ass bundy brothers.

They all got acquitted recently. No charges.

the natives are out here peacefully protesting, yet the law is arresting them left and right.

Honestly I don't even know what to say to this anymore bro.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 01:05 PM
During the Bundy trial there were several folks protesting on a city block opposite the Oregon courthouse in downtown Portland (I drive past it everyday). They had driven all the way from eastern Oregon, which has virtually no population other than ranchers and had all their American flags out and signs saying "Free them". They even had many kids (for effect) holding signs and flags. On the day they were found not guilty it was like a party....I drove past and the crowd was double the size, they were drawing on the sidewalks, eating ice cream, talking, laughing, singing.

Meanwhile in ND it looks like armed troops getting ready to go into Aleppo.
Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 01:59 PM
Its ridiculous. Why are they going through the reservation anyway? That's their land, essentially another country. What am I missing?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule
Its ridiculous. Why are they going through the reservation anyway? That's their land, essentially another country. What am I missing?

I heard this was 20 miles away from the reservation.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 02:21 PM
Don't care too much about the "holy land" aspect, but I am concerned about them poisoning the Missouri River and digging up Indian corpses that could have diseases on them.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 04:26 PM
I've been meaning to post about this. I've been a bit too busy, though.

Many are in solidarity with them in Anchorage.

More thoughts later...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 08:02 PM
Terrible. Bundy clan gets kid gloves treatment and let off, while native americans get pepper spray, rubber bullets, attack dogs and hit with sticks. These are not police, they are corporate henchmen. Reminds me of Pinkerton's lawmen for hire in the old west.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 10:13 PM
Scores of officers dressed in riot gear walked in a wide line, sweeping protesters out of the area as face-to-face yelling matches broke out. Several vehicles, including at least one truck, were set ablaze. A standoff unfolded beside a bridge known as the Backwater Bridge, where protesters set fire to wooden boards and signs and held off the line of officers over many hours.

By Friday evening, officers said they had arrested at least 142 protesters on charges including engaging in a riot and conspiracy to endanger by fire and explosion. Protesters gathered near the bridge were refusing to leave, the authorities said.

Each side complained vehemently about violent tactics by the other. Officers said that protesters had attacked them with firebombs, logs, feces and debris. They acknowledged using pepper spray and beanbag rounds against the protesters, as well as a high-pitched sound device meant to disperse crowds.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/dakota-access-pipeline-protest.html
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 10/31/16 10:24 PM
Not all the Standing Rock Sioux are protesting the pipeline

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/29/us/dakota-pipeline-standing-rock-sioux/index.html
Posted By: fishtheice Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 12:08 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Terrible. Bundy clan gets kid gloves treatment and let off

Robert 'LaVoy' Finicum was killed by federal agents
Posted By: Swish Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 12:08 AM
Posted By: fishtheice Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 02:11 AM

North Dakota pipeline protester charged with attempted murder

By Timothy Mclaughlin,Reuters 3 hours ago

By Timothy Mclaughlin

(Reuters) - A demonstrator protesting last week at the construction site of an oil pipeline in North Dakota was charged on Monday with the attempted murder of a law enforcement officer, according to court documents.

Red Fawn Fallis, 37, was confronted by two officers on the evening of Oct. 27, according to an affidavit, when she was taking part in a demonstration against the $3.8 billion Dakota Access pipeline project.

The affidavit said law enforcement was working to clear protesters from a camp on private property and attempted to arrest Fallis for being "an instigator and acting disorderly," when a struggle occurred with the officers.

It added that during the struggle, Fallis fired at a police officer three times with a handgun, without hitting him.

After being subdued and arrested, a small amount of marijuana was found in Fallis' possession, according to court documents. She is facing additional charges including engaging in a riot, possession of marijuana and preventing arrest
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 03:06 AM
I was reading where you are hard pressed to find any Native Americans in the protest. Most are crazy Liberal environmentalists from all over the planet.

Many of the Natives wish they would go home.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 03:08 AM
I don't want to sound insensitive, but the Native American aspect is not what I'm concerned about. This pipeline is going to make a lot of areas completely toxic.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 03:09 AM
Like I said.
Posted By: MrTed Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 03:24 AM
Go around!
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 03:52 AM
I'm not sure how many of you can actually relate to this. Any of you ever spend time living on a reservation, or truly dive into the history on Native Americans?

----------------------

I could detail my own experiences of living with Alaskan Natives, but I'm sure my tales will get met with the same ignorance that Clem, Lurker, and Swish receive on race issues. Maybe they won't? I'll watch this thread, but I'm not getting good vibes from sharing my own experience from living among a heavily oppressed culture.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 03:59 AM
speaking as an Alaskan Native (Tlingit/Haida). we have the Alaskan Pipeline. if it is environmentally safe and generates revenue for the state. it's all good to me. if it displaces residents then they should be compensated accordingly.
I don't know the full story, but if it benefits the greater good. then I see no problems...should be put to vote though.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 04:22 AM
Okay, fine. I'll spill.

Here's a bit of preface:

None of my teaching experience involves working on Native American reservations. One of my colleagues has, and he says many issues we face here in the village are comparable to reservations. I argue many issues we encounter in the village are comparable to what I saw student teaching in the inner-city of Toledo; everything gets entrenched in poverty. 99% of the challenges we face in the school come as a direct result of poverty issues, and the other 1% comes from mismanagement of the education at a governmental level. I'm sure Vers, CJRae, Muni, and our other educators can attest to this.

Anyhow, onto my own anecdotal tales...
----------------------------------------------

Four years and going I am into this bush Alaska life. Bush Alaska means no roads to the outside world. Think of remote, and to the point where the only transportation outside of the area involves propeller planes; 207s, 208s, and such aircraft get Alaskan Natives, and others to bigger places. Want to know the cost of said transportation? You're looking at 400 dollars round trip just to travel 100 miles on way, and another 100 miles the other way. The "Alaskan Bush People" exist as a total farce; no means is that bush.

The terrain can vary from mountainous, swampy tundra, beautiful seas, face burning winds, and similar conditions; just look in the Photo Threads for pictures of where I am.

Many of the Alaskan Native groups, there's a total of twelve, faced oppression from outsiders. Russians made first contact, had a rough go at first, but managed okay relations. Americans came in, primarily missionaries, and started a cultural genocide. Many Alaskan Native groups were shunned by these missionaries, told they were pagans, forcibly had their culture beat from them, and many groups lost their culture in the process. The outsiders also brought in outside disease, and many individuals got wiped out from TB and other such conditions. Massive issues remained due to the cultural genocide, and the overall pain from the loss of life; Alaskan Natives then turned to alcohol and other vices to dull their pain.

Awhile after missionaries recognized the ills of their way, and tried to stop the cultural bleeding. Some succeeded, but others were too late. They adjusted their tactics to the new groups they encountered. Some groups kept their language, their culture, and combined their belief systems in traditional Roman Catholicism. Healing happened, but problem still remained.

The missionaries started schools, and ended up yanking children away from their nomadic life. This caused more distraught, and tons of pain for all involved. Education exists as a necessity, but at what cost? The system slowly got better, static villages got introduced, and the BIA slowly calmed down. The BIA established schools that looked to westernize the students, and looked to literally beat out any language or culture brought into the classroom. This attitude went away, but it left much damage.

To this day, much mistrust exists towards local school systems. Honestly, I can't blame them. I feel like many districts out here in the bush could do sooo much more for community involvement. We need to work more hand in hand with the local community.
----------------------------------------

The people I live among exist as some of THE MOST welcoming individuals I have ever encountered. My first day in the village involved dried Halibut, agutuk (eskimo ice cream is what some call it out here...look it up), tea, and friendly conversation for hours with individuals I barely knew. It's lead to wonderful friendships, and a gift of a name of a revered individual who advocated for his culture; the individual ended up as a friend of mine, and he told me (through a bit of broken English) how much he appreciated me coming to this village. The people, even in their moments of frustration, keep me here.

They're socially aware, and they recognize the state government treats them in an unfavorable manner. The population of Alaska sits just above 700,000, and over a third live in Anchorage. Two states of Texas could fit in our state, and the rest of the people get scattered among the road system and the bush. Our largest minority are the Alaskan Native groups, but barely any policy gets passed with these groups in mind.
--------------------------------------------

Alaskan Native groups stand in solidarity with the Lakota, and I understand why.

Go ahead and wave away my post. I know who you are who roll your eyes at my story. Too bad if this "bleeding heart liberal" gets under your skin. I exist to tell a story, and to try to make the world a better place one day at a time.

I encourage everyone of you to somehow get involved in the matters of Alaskan Natives, and Native Americans. Your eyes will get opened to culture no one ever talks about. These cultures deserve sooo much more than what they are given.

I've said it once here before, and I'll say it again. Jules can disagree with me, but the real Alaska truly exists in these bush Alaska villages.

Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 04:55 AM
I was born and raised in Alaska...old school...the bush. no electricity, no running water. lived in Shishmeref, McGrath, Grayling, Nenana to name a few. most bush villages you have to boat in or fly a cessna 175 in.
I grew up learning how to trap and hunt. got my first rifle when I was in the 3rd grade, another in the 5th. fishing was also vital depending on what part of the state you are in.
We used Coleman oil lamps for light. had to go to the lake(in the winter) to cut chunks of ice and bring them home for drinking water. had to boil it first, strain the lil water bugs out before we could drink. Some of my friends look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about it. but to me it was normal. I didn't speak any english at all until I was four.
small background info.
As for the mistreatment of the natives? yup they beat my grandfather when he was in school every time he spoke his language. killed all of our shamans..state wide to take away the religion of the people. they quite literally beat our culture out of us. But in the bush they still live like the old ways...as much as we could. There is a butt ton of mistrust between the Alaska natives and the government...for most American natives I would imagine.

After thought: in the bush nobody locked their doors at night. lol if you went to go visit a buddy, you just opened the door and walked in. I miss that.

as for the pipeline in North Dakota? lots of factors involved, I'll have to do some research on it. but my previous post still stands for me.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 04:58 AM
just came to me. lol in Grayling we lived in a two story 3 bedroom cabin(all rooms were upstairs) and the high school was downstairs, grades 9-12 all in one room.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 05:03 AM
The funniest thing to me was how I got looked at funny because I knocked on doors.

Quyana for sharing your story.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 05:20 AM
anytime I have lots lol
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 05:23 AM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
The funniest thing to me was how I got looked at funny because I knocked on doors.

Quyana for sharing your story.

haha yup my friends would come over and open the front door and look at my mother and say "hi mom, where's Kichkow?".
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 09:44 AM
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101
speaking as an Alaskan Native (Tlingit/Haida). we have the Alaskan Pipeline. if it is environmentally safe and generates revenue for the state. it's all good to me. if it displaces residents then they should be compensated accordingly.
I don't know the full story, but if it benefits the greater good. then I see no problems...should be put to vote though.

I imagine the government did a thorough job actually inspecting the areas in which the pipeline was built correct? The DOJ and DOI ruled awhile back that they did NOT inspect areas that would be affected. So with all due respect, this situation and yours are not even close. It's a false equivalency. Your area wasn't at risk of having a river becoming toxic or a Native corpse floating in areas you use.

I've said before, I don't care about the Native aspect. I care about poisoning thousands of people who use the areas which will be affected.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/01/16 01:46 PM
treating people like this is how terrorist groups get formed. When somebody dies and people retaliate by bombing that pipeline don't be shocked.

Protecting your water supply is one of the most important things a rural community HAS to do.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/02/16 08:14 PM
WTH? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Razorthorns Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/02/16 09:45 PM
The only thing that will stop these corporations from destroying our country are volunteer assassins that don't have family that can be held hostage. Lord knows these corporations keep a large retinue of their own assassins on hand.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/03/16 06:26 AM
Army Corp of Engineers and the DOI told these people to not drill within 20 miles of the Missouri River. They're more close to just 20 damn feet away from the river. I hate to keep repeating myself, but I'm more concerned with poisoning the people potentially effected by this.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/11/16 08:17 PM
Protestors were put into dog kennels and marked with numbers. I'm confused, is this America or Auschwitz?
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/11/16 08:24 PM
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Army Corp of Engineers and the DOI told these people to not drill within 20 miles of the Missouri River. They're more close to just 20 damn feet away from the river. I hate to keep repeating myself, but I'm more concerned with poisoning the people potentially effected by this.
Who cares? Drill baby drill.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/11/16 10:15 PM
Protestors were put into dog kennels and marked with numbers. I'm confused, is this America or Auschwitz?

I want to read this. Where do I go?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/11/16 10:18 PM
Here is one source.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...m-with-numbers/
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/11/16 10:27 PM
Oh, I found some pic's.

Not as bad as candy made it sound - or, not as bad as I took it from his post.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/dakota-acc...-standing-rock/

http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/dakota-acc...-standing-rock/
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/11/16 11:22 PM
Obama is suppose to pass DAPL on Monday. Where is this liberal president Democrats have kept promising?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/12/16 12:20 AM
I hope Neoliberalism died with Hillary.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/12/16 03:50 AM
I hope spillage happens in the Missouri River. Sometimes it just takes catastrophic and bad things to happen before anybody does anything or pays attention. I hope they drill right under the lakes and Missouri River (federal law prevents them from doing so, but they won't enforce it because of $$$$$).

I'm not against building a pipeline, but I'm against cutting corners which will harm people in order to save a few bucks.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/12/16 05:07 AM
don't be surprised when bullets fly to protect their drinking water.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/16/16 06:30 AM
Say whatever you guys want to about Bernies policies, but I don't think we will ever see a more genuine and down to earth with the people politician than Bernie in a long time. It's a shame he's as old as he is.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/sanders-protests-pipeline-white-house/

Dems in office can learn a lot from Bernie on how to be an actual human being.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/16/16 09:05 AM
I liked bernie a lot since I am also a socialist but his economics are really bad.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/16/16 09:08 AM
I agree.

If the Blue Party is to find its feet and become viable again, it will do so because of folks like Bernie. His ilk is why I'm even talking to Dawgs in this forum today.

I've come out to this board as "Old School Left," and I make no apologies for being who I am. Now, I'll tell you all why.

The "Old School Left" policies enacted in the mid '60's/early '70's hurt no one... and actually helped to give me the life I'm now living. They hurt no one, because The American Dream has never been a "zero sum game." Tax dollars spent now on the education of our youth pays dividends 20 years later. It's called: an investment.

I was able to find my slice of the American pie because of people like Bernie. (Truth be told- Bernie was actually there with MLK and others to ensure that I even had My Chance in the first place.)

In many of my political posts, Dawgs have heard me say:
"All politics is national... but at its heart, all politics is local/personal."

I'm living proof of what I profess.

I'm a prime example of how some elements of Socialism have actually helped real flesh & blood Americans.

I found (and pursued) Music through my education in the public schools. An education that was funded by taxpayer dollars (Socialism at work). When I was 9 years old, My Parents rented me a cheapazz 1/4-sized plywood cello from the city schools (in co-operation with the local commercial music stores) for 10 dollars per school year. Socialism meets capitalism on common ground, for common purpose.

I was given an opportunity to pursue The Music Discipline, on the backs of other taxpayers. (I know- so unfair, right? Read on-)

When it was determined that I had an unusual aptitude for this discipline, I was referred to outlets beyond what the schools could provide. I began taking private cello lessons from a local teacher (which put My Parents' money back into the private sector).

I followed the path that was laid out for me, based upon my aptitude/skill set... and attended summer music enclaves at public institutions such as Oberlin, Indiana University, Case-Western, and also private institutions like Interlochen (all of whom generated funds and commerce to the towns and cities that hosted them).ALL these institutions were designed to give more than they ever got.

Today, I'm approaching the end of my professional career. I figure I have about 10 good years left, before I start doing serious damage to the B(r)and's product. That means that Clemdawg will have spent 40-50 years deep in America's pipeline- contributing to society on a daily basis. In commerce. In service. In political participation.

Over the course of my life, I've most certainly cost My Parents' neighbors some tax dollars. But I've been anything other than a burden/drain, long-term.

"How is that?" one might ask.

Because I've:

1. Found gainful employment, courtesy of socialist educational policies that were in place when I was growing up.

2. Bought and paid for any number of thousand+ of items to equip my life... which, in turn, stimulated America's economy- and kept total strangers employed at an office, local retail shop or factory.

3. Provided a specialized professional service not unlike that of an electrician, pipe-fitter or tax accountant. (Hey- just because my job has no value to some at DT'ers, doesn't mean that it doesn't have value to someone else-)

4. Allowed me to be a fully-functioning member of society who pays his bills, pays his taxes, does his share, hauls his own weight... and provides something of value to someone else.

Damn. That's America, as most folks define it.... right?

If that ain't the absolute epitome of The American Dream, I'd invite anyone to tell me how it shouldn't have worked.... and then, I'd invite them to explain to me- personally- why it DIDN'T actually work for me... while I'm sitting here, nearing the end of a successful professional life that I GOT TO CHOOSE FOR MYSELF- at the age of 13. Good luck with that.

"USA! USA! USA!"

There has always existed in America, a left and right, for good reason:

Neither side owns a monopoly on political solutions to social challenges. For every 'self made man,' there's another citizen who needed help to make the same contributions.Most of the great contributions we've ever seen come from 'Middle Society'...

...and guys Like Bernie understand that.
He grew up poor, worked his azz off... and now champions the very same causes that allowed me to have the life I now enjoy.

Had I been born a generation earlier, I wouldn't be able to speak to you from this platform of experience. Had I been born a generation later, the same might be just as true.

My point: I'm part of that rare, late 'Baby Bommer' generation that was lucky enough to be a li'l kid when capitalism and socialism didn't hate each other. When they both worked together for the good of American Families. When they both coexisted near the mid-point of The Pendulum's endless swing.

Bernie was onto something, at least as far as The Big Picture is concerned. He's been all about John Q Public for the entirety of his career. That's 'unwavering personal integrity' om display. In that regard, he's still "Old-School Left," which is how I was raised.

I'm like Bernie. I buy my suits off the rack. I came from dirt-floor poor folk, and I've managed to be able to 'ply my trade' on the steps of the capitol building in DC, Carnegie Hall, and many of the great concert halls in this wondrous country. Folks like Bernie Sanders made my adult life possible. I'm a fan for life- because without him (and folks like him), I'd probably not be where I am today.

Low-cost education.
A strong, middle class (2 parent) family.
A chance to make a difference as an adult.

The Democratic Party (and guys like Bernie) were as much responsible of the 'strong middle class' as any mega-corp that employed them. I want 'salt of the earth' guys like Bernie to snatch the power away from the smug Leftist Elites... and get the Dems back to their roots. Back when they actually helped Real People like My Family. When they helped me.

Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/16/16 04:21 PM
How dare you praise socialism.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 02:46 PM
So last night the corporate thugs, aka the police working outside their jurisdictions, turned water cannons on the protesters...in below freezibg weather. Anything for a profit I guess. Even if it risks the lives of peaceful protesters in the immediate and potentially the health of millions in the near future. The corporate take over of our country is nearly complete.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 03:13 PM
I am quite surprised that President Obama has allowed this course of action.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

He's not as "progressive" as his detractors label him to be. This is garbage what's going on.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 04:10 PM
Hmmmmm
Maybe he is looking at this...

The Morton County Sheriff's Department said officers on the scene of the latest confrontation were "describing protesters' actions as very aggressive."

Demonstrators tried to start about a dozen fires as they attempted to outflank and "attack" law enforcement barricades, the sheriff's statement said.

Police said they responded by firing volleys of tear gas at protesters in a bid to prevent them from crossing the bridge.

Activists at the scene reported on Twitter that police were also spraying protesters with water in sub-freezing temperatures and firing rubber bullets, injuring some in the crowd.

Police did not confirm those reports, but later said protesters had hurled rocks, striking one officer, and fired burning logs from slingshots.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-dakota-pipeline-idUSKBN13G0BS
Posted By: Tulsa Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 04:15 PM
But the only thing I saw on my local news was the water cannons?
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 05:12 PM
They fired burning logs from slingshots? How big are these slingshots? How big are these logs?
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 05:17 PM
I wish I knew, sounds like warfare from back in the day!
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
They fired burning logs from slingshots? How big are these slingshots? How big are these logs?

Big enough to add the blankets laced with small pocks they sent our way back in 1763.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/21/16 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Big enough to add the blankets laced with small pocks they sent our way back in 1763.

Perhaps the they are only trying to injure the Police so they can laugh and dance while burning the wounded in their fires as they did in 1778.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 12:47 AM
Say whatever you guys want to about Bernies policies, but I don't think we will ever see a more genuine and down to earth with the people politician than Bernie in a long time. It's a shame he's as old as he is.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/sanders-protests-pipeline-white-house/

Dems in office can learn a lot from Bernie on how to be an actual human being.

I agree the way he addresses people should be a guideline for all politicians. The truth is some people have it and others don't because it comes down to the person, and its something you can't fake. An example of this would be Clinton. She was one of the fakes people I've ever seen in my life. With that being said, I think Bernie's policies echo of socialism and are terrible economic wise but I like the way he carries himself.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 03:30 PM
Wow.

Some girl might need her arm amputated because of this.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 05:17 PM
Wow.

Some girl might need her arm amputated because of this.

The Daily Haze is your source???

WRONGGGG THREADDDDD! see fake news thread please.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 05:41 PM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/water-protector-dapl-grenade-destroys-arm/

https://www.gofundme.com/30aezxs

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11752369

https://mobile.twitter.com/CreeClayton/status/800893333170110464

Just google Sophia Wilanski. Mainstream media won't cover the DAPL.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 06:00 PM
Look at that list of sources!

I want news not slant!

wrong thread. see fake news please.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 06:58 PM
I'm not Wikipedia, google Sophia Wilanski.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 07:03 PM
I have already read the News and posted it earlier, from REUTERS, a highly respected News organization.

The Morton County Sheriff's Department said officers on the scene of the latest confrontation were "describing protesters' actions as very aggressive."

Demonstrators tried to start about a dozen fires as they attempted to outflank and "attack" law enforcement barricades, the sheriff's statement said.

Police said they responded by firing volleys of tear gas at protesters in a bid to prevent them from crossing the bridge.

Activists at the scene reported on Twitter that police were also spraying protesters with water in sub-freezing temperatures and firing rubber bullets, injuring some in the crowd.

Police did not confirm those reports, but later said protesters had hurled rocks, striking one officer, and fired burning logs from slingshots.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-dakota-pipeline-idUSKBN13G0BS
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 07:09 PM
Feel free to watch and listen to somebody who was at the scene explaining the fire.

https://youtu.be/SNMYkrHUu38
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 07:18 PM
I am not interested in Moms Mabley or whatever her name is, slanted point of view. I am not interested in what TYT, (The Young Turds) slant on the issue is.

I already have News from a reputable source. Reuters.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 11/22/16 07:43 PM
I am not interested in Moms Mabley or whatever her name is, slanted point of view. I am not interested in what TYT, (The Young Turds) slant on the issue is.

I already have News from a reputable source. Reuters.

You don't have to tell us all the time you're only interested in the slanted media sources that supports your POV. But thanks for sharing it once again.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/01/16 05:59 AM
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/03/16 05:39 AM

He's not as "progressive" as his detractors label him to be. This is garbage what's going on.

Imagine if this protest had started in April, imagine if the first use of attack dogs was in early September after they started to bulldoze sacred land, imagine if Native Americans were pushed around for months, imagine if their numbers grew significantly and the forces against them grew exponentially, imagine if they had fire hoses turned on them and were shot with rubber bullets and other military type weapons were used... now imagine if Trump was the President for that.

How Obama has remained relatively unscathed by this is utterly amazing but his name is rarely even associated with it... except for people complaining that he isn't as "pro-environment" as they thought he would be.

If this happened with any Republican, especially Trump, the police there would be referred to as Trump's Gestapo, etc.... Yet what I see on FB everyday is posts about Obama's "scandal free legacy".. GMAFB.

My guess is that he is just praying that this doesn't explode into a full blown war before he can get out of office and let somebody else deal with it... so they can get blamed for it.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/03/16 08:34 AM
What a bunch of spineless dolts.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/03/16 02:34 PM
DC, you can thank the media for Obama dodging this. History will not forget this.
Posted By: Swish Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/03/16 02:42 PM
DC, you can thank the media for Obama dodging this. History will not forget this.

History probably will.

The reality was always gonna be that the pipeline was gonna get built in that area.

Look at the history of native Americans and the government with relations.

Outside of a few memes, this is will be forgotten. Hell, the coverage already has died down, and not a whole lot of people are talking about it.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/03/16 02:48 PM
There was never any coverage of this to begin with unless you actively looked for it.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/03/16 02:49 PM
This reminds me of Japanese internment camps. If it gets ignored enough by the media and rarely brought up, hopefully people will forget about it entirely.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/03/16 07:08 PM
The protests did start in April. Jill Stein actually helped hold protests there during her Presidential bid. But I do understand what you're saying. I think Obama will get DAPL under control by Trump's first 100 days. I think he traded DAPL for no more arctic drilling a few weeks ago. Such is a life of a politician.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/03/16 08:29 PM
Showdown Looms at Dakota Access Pipeline Protest as Vets, Civil Rights Observers Converge Before Evacuation Deadline

There may be a looming showdown in the coming days in the already contentious demonstrations in North Dakota against the Dakota Access Pipeline.

Local authorities have issued a mandatory evacuation order for the site near the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's reservation where hundreds of activists are camping out in protest of the controversial crude oil pipeline. Those who have not cleared out by Monday could be arrested, authorities said.

Authorities said they issued this evacuation order as a safeguard against the winter conditions.

Meanwhile, a military veterans group announced that at least 2,000 vets would "deploy" to the area on Sunday to defend the demonstrators if local authorities move in to clear out the camp this weekend. In addition, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights told ABC News on Friday that it would send commissioners to North Dakota because of the commission's civil rights concerns.

"We are concerned with numerous reports and testimony regarding the use of military-style equipment and excessive force against protesters," the USCCR said in a statement. "Our concerns are compounded by the disproportionate police use of excessive force against Native Americans, who are more likely than any other racial group to be killed by police."

Despite the looming possibility of confrontations, arrests and the below-freezing temperatures, many demonstrators said they will continue their protests.

"I'm not going anywhere," Terrell Iron Shell, 23, who came to Standing Rock from Rapid City, South Dakota, in early August, told ABC News from inside a yurt, a traditional nomadic home, erected on the contested land. "I'm willing to set my life on the line to protect this water, to protect this way of life, Unci Maka, mother earth. And so, I’m willing to do whatever it takes." Unci Maka is Lakota for "grandmother earth."

"I’m willing to give my life for this cause. I hope it doesn't come down to that. But you know Crazy Horse once said, 'Today is a good day to die,’” he added, referencing a historical Native American leader.

Iron Shell, a member of the Oglala Lakota Tribe, is one of the original members of the International Indigenous Youth Council, an advocacy group that has become known for its commitment to remaining peaceful during confrontations with police.

The activist is also a descendant of Chief Iron Shell, a widely respected Brule Sioux chief who was among the first tribal leaders to sign the 1868 Treaty of Fort Laramie, which established the Great Sioux Reservation, a vast territory that has since been cut down by acts of Congress into checkerboard remnants of its original version.

Iron Shell said there's a lot of talk among the protesters about what's going to happen on Monday.

Since this summer, Native American groups and environmental activists have been battling to block construction of the 1,172-mile pipeline that is slated to traverse four states and transport crude oil from North Dakota's oil fields to refinery markets in Illinois. The activists, who call themselves "water protectors," say that the pipeline traverses culturally sacred sites and poses a risk to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's water supply.

Kelcy Warren, CEO of Energy Transfer Partners, the Texas-based company behind the project, has argued that those claims are unfounded, writing in an internal memo to staff in September that "concerns about the pipeline’s impact on the local water supply are unfounded" and "multiple archaeological studies conducted with state historic preservation offices found no sacred items along the route."

Iron Shell said it's important that people understand the protesters’ concerns.

"We've been silent for so long, with the historical trauma that we face," he said. "A lot of these things that happened to us in the past, our identities were taken from us, our voices were taken from us, and now we have them back and we're fighting for the water, we're protecting the water."

Wesley Clarke, Jr., who is among those mobilizing fellow veterans, said on the GoFundMe page he established that he and fellow organizers "are calling for our fellow veterans to assemble as a peaceful, unarmed militia at the Standing Rock Indian Reservation." That GoFundMe campaign has raised over $900,000 in support.

Their mission is to "defend water protectors from assault and intimidation at the hands of the militarized police force and DAPL security," Clarke added.

The leader of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, Dave Archambault II, called on the United Nations and President Obama to "take immediate action to prohibit North Dakota from engaging in its retaliatory actions and practices," in response to the mandatory evacuation order issued for demonstrators by North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple earlier this week.

“This week is the anniversary of the Sand Creek Massacre. It’s time for the United States to end its legacy of abuses against Native Americans," Archambault said in a statement Thursday.

“As a tribal nation, we call on the President to take all the appropriate steps to ensure water protectors are safe and that their rights to free speech and peaceful assembly are protected," Archambault added.

The advocacy group Amnesty International, which has dispatched a delegation of human rights observers to the protest site, sent a letter earlier this week to U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch, requesting that the Department of Justice investigate the "policing of the Dakota Access Pipeline demonstrators."

“[T]he Civil Rights Division should deploy observers to the area to ensure that the rights of people opposed to the pipeline are respected, protected and fulfilled," Amnesty International U.S. Executive Director Margaret Huang states in the letter. "Should your investigators uncover any civil rights violations by law enforcement, individual officers should be charged and prosecuted as warranted.”

Energy Transfer Partners filed for a court order two weeks ago asking for the right-of-way to complete construction of the pipeline without further intervention from the federal government. The court has yet to rule on the matter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/showdown-looms-dakota-access-pipeline-protest-vets-civil/story?id=43930600
Posted By: RocketOptimist Native American Victory - 12/04/16 10:09 PM
Victory for Native Americans!

Pipeline denied!
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 10:51 PM
Victory for Native Americans!

Pipeline denied!

This is excellent news and a great move by Obama!
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 11:03 PM
Obama Says Alternate Routes Are Being Reviewed for Dakota Pipeline

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/03/us/pre...a-pipeline.html
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 11:07 PM

Probably avoiding Native lands.

Isn't there one proposed to come through Ohio?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 11:07 PM
I'm glad they went with an alternate that was getting discussed last month, but the lack of spine from Obama to say "yeah, this isn't right. Build it elsewhere" exemplifies the disappointment I have in him from time to time.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

I'm not sure where Trump will put it.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 11:09 PM
I'm glad they went with an alternate that was getting discussed last month, but the lack of spine from Obama to say "yeah, this isn't right. Build it elsewhere" exemplifies the disappointment I have in him from time to time.

They wont get rid of it...they will just find a route where the opposition isn't as fierce nor as passionate.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 11:14 PM
Just wish Obama or Clinton woukd've taken a stand for Native Americans. Damn donors, and stand on your flippin' convictions. Such sellouts these politicians can end up becoming.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 11:21 PM

There's a pipeline of some sort coming through here. I think it's natural gas - not sure. I have friends that have land that will have it go through. None of them like it, but they aren't really fighting it either.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/04/16 11:26 PM
I am happy for the native americans. It is ok to have a pipeline, but they need to be smarter about where they put it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 12:17 AM

The NEXUS pipeline. People are not too happy about it. The main issue being that it is near some more densely populated areas. I believe there have been a few instances where law enforcement have had to escort land surveyors on private property because the land owner refused to let them on their property.

Here's the route.

NEXUS Project
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 01:19 AM
The Vets were the straw that broke the camel's back at Standing Rock. Obama wasn't going to stop anything, but he had to buckle to the activism! We all forget that the only power the rich and the government have over us, is the power we allow them to have over us.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 01:19 AM
These lengthy pipeline projects are incredible.

To lay hundreds and hundreds of miles of pipe is just amazing.

The materials needed (a mile of pipe is a lot - and to dig a trench a mile long)

The logistics.

It is just hard for me to fathom.

I once rented a DitchWitch to dig a ~50' long trench (for a gas line from the house to a pool heater)

It was hard and very dangerous.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 01:20 AM
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
These lengthy pipeline projects are incredible.

To lay hundreds and hundreds of miles of pipe is just amazing.

The materials needed (a mile of pipe is a lot - and to dig a trench a mile long)

The logistics.

It is just hard for me to fathom.

I once rented a DitchWitch to dig a ~50' long trench (for a gas line from the house to a pool heater)

It was hard and very dangerous.

Greed has no limits, nothing fascinating about that.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 02:40 AM
My neighbor and I rented one of those to lay a couple gas lines to the street. We called it "the antichrist". That thing kicked our butts until we figured out the finer points of using it.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 04:43 AM
Military veterans made this possible.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: North Dakota Pipeline Protest - 12/05/16 04:52 AM

History will largely forget this unless it turns into a Waco or a Ruby Ridge..
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 05:50 AM
U blame the "donors" ...

Its the BRIBERS fault and not the fault of the BRIBEES ...

Well all righty then ....
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 07:37 AM
Donors shows up as a synonym to bribe in my thesaurus, Diam.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 11:56 AM
quote above by OldCold:

"Greed has no limits, nothing fascinating about that."

Well, I mean there was a need for the gas. I'm sure thousands and thousands of people appreciate the improvement in the quality of life (having access to the natural gas).

As far as greed, it's simple supply and demand economics.

If someone is willing to pay $100 for your product, you sell it for $100. Your cost isn't really relevant. If your product cost $50. More power to you.

It's called Capitalism.

The idea is that more people will see your amazing profits and jump in themselves, thus lowering the ultimate price of the product. (as supply goes up)

It's actually a brilliant economic system. The best one mankind has created so far.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 12:01 PM
Sounds great in theory.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

The NEXUS pipeline. People are not too happy about it. The main issue being that it is near some more densely populated areas. I believe there have been a few instances where law enforcement have had to escort land surveyors on private property because the land owner refused to let them on their property.

Here's the route.

NEXUS Project

Here's an example of a gas pipeline....
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1797998597136137&id=1425176327751701
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Native American Victory - 12/05/16 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
I believe there have been a few instances where law enforcement have had to escort land surveyors on private property because the land owner refused to let them on their property.

Land Surveyors cannot go onto private property without the owners permission even with a police escort. If they do they are trespassing and can be prosecuted. Only if they are employed or acting on behalf of the government do the have the right of entry. In other words, only the gov't can screw you.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/13/16 01:51 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/12/pipeline-...otest-camp.html

176,000 gallons of oil spilled out of the dapl. Hahaha. Glad the government listened to the people for once. I hope this teaches our oil hungry friends on the right about proper oversight.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Native American Victory - 12/13/16 01:57 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/12/pipeline-...otest-camp.html

176,000 gallons of oil spilled out of the dapl. Hahaha. Glad the government listened to the people for once. I hope this teaches our oil hungry friends on the right about proper oversight.

Wow.

It's almost as if everyone and their mother knew this would happen. Could you imagine the freaking circus that would happen if this got into the Missouri River?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Native American Victory - 12/13/16 07:47 AM
It's already happened, over and over again.

One of the more recent episodes happened on my watch. As a resident of NW Ohio, I get a LOT of news from my northern neighbor, MI.

I was all over the 'Flint Water Crisis' 16 months before it became national news. Here's one that escaped national headlines, but was no less devastating to the locals who had to live through it (coincidentally, they were suffering their way through this at the same time that the Flint Water Crisis was just ramping up...).

Just 6 years ago, the Kalamazoo River was massively polluted in the worst in-country oil spill in American history. The after-effects were devastating to the region, for years to come. In 2016, the region is still trying to extricate themselves from the aftermath. Regional trade has suffered, and economics have taken a severe hit for more than a half decade.

The same company, Enbridge Oil, has been stonewalling Mich govt efforts to retro-fit/clean up their pipelines that run through the Straits Of Mackinaw... the link that connects the Western Great Lakes to the Eastern Great lakes.

If those 90+ year-old pipelines rupture... say good-bye to the entire world's largest supply of clean, non-saline-based H2O.

This goes far beyond the issues most recently brought to the news by the DAPL headlines. First Nation Peoples who live in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota have been crying out about these issues for more than 50 years. Oil/gas exploration, copper mining, iron mining- ALL OF THEM have poisoned the groundwater and air purity, and placed countless local populations in immediate danger, health-wise.

At some point, it must become an imperative that we attempt to balance industry and commerce with ecology and 'common sense' where the two meet. If we err to the side of 'protectionism,' we limit economic potential. If we err in favor of profit, we risk the very raw materials that make life possible on Earth.

How much clean water can we sacrifice/risk to the production of oil, natural gas, coal, etc before we reach 'the terminal tipping point?'

When does our personal need to drive an internal combustion automobile to work begin to outweigh our need to drink safe water?

At some point, our politicians and social leaders simply MUST put all sides aside... and start talking about what's good for all of us. because if they don't start to find answers that strike some form of balance, we all lose- everything.

Clem.

Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:14 AM
Time to fire up the protesting, again.

America First must mean "disregard concerns of indigenous groups. Drill baby, drill!!!"
Posted By: MrTed Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:16 AM
They are citizens, their concerns have to be taken into account.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:21 AM
Time to fire up the protesting, again.

America First must mean "disregard concerns of indigenous groups. Drill baby, drill!!!"

No, that's not at all what "America First" means.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:24 AM
Why start work to renew the pipeline building effort, and not show humility to work with the Tribe this pipeline would greatly impact?

Build it if you must, but please reroute the darn thing away from indigenous land, away from burial grounds, and places where the local water supply could get contaminated.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:33 AM
Fair enough.

Why do we have a pipeline coming from the Cleveland and east area, running through people's personal property, right here in nw ohio? (and all along the proposed pipeline route, I should add)

Good for individuals? Not short term. Once it's done, no problem. It's called construction. There's always gripes about construction, right?

Good for the country? Yup. At least this part of the country.....and this part of the country is the only part affected.

See, that's how things work. What might be good for many, can also be bad for few.

Like the regional jail not far from my house. (it was built long before I bought the house I live in - so I had nothing to do with anything). It was a bad thing, in theory, for the property owners in the adjoining areas. Who wants a jail in their back yard, right?

It was a good thing for the counties of lucas, fulton, henry, williams, defiance, and for the city of Toledo.

The good for so many outweighed the perceived bad for the few.

It's how things like that work.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:41 AM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Like how global warming will affect those who will live 20+ years into the future getting shafted by those who will die soon?
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:45 AM

Like how global warming will affect those who will live 20+ years into the future getting shafted by those who will die soon?

Same deal with social security.

Hopefully once reports of people being poisoned by this pipeline spilling into water sources it will be gone for good,
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:50 AM

Global warming now?

Dang, I can't keep up.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:52 AM
Those indians will NEVER let that pipeline be built will they live. Going to get very ugly. Time for the Vets to go back it looks like.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 03:53 AM
Talks about global warming in a thread about a pipe line? I am shocked!
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:01 AM
Trump to Natives...
It will cost us a Billion dollars to go around you so how bout we give you and your tribe half of that to let us go through?

But Mr. President, will you help us get all these flakes to go away first?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:03 AM
It's not about money, 40. It's about actually respecting Indigenous groups, and treating them like human beings.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:03 AM
I dont understand what is so difficult about building the pipeline somewhere else.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:09 AM

So am I.

Hey, are you doing YOUR part to combat this global warming that has happened ever since mankind measured it? Or the global cooling that has taken place just before and after every global warming?

Or, do you still drive a car, use heat and a/c, drink from plastic water bottles. Do your part.

I like you. I respect you, let me make that clear.

Since you're so into global warming, you should be happy about the supposed low turnout for Trumps inauguration, right? Just think how much energy was saved by people staying home. thumbsup

Of course, the women had to go and screw that up just 2 days later.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:16 AM

Or, do you still drive a car, use heat and a/c, drink from plastic water bottles. Do your part.

Yes. Yes. No. No. Trust me, I do my part. Do you? Are you making sure your grandkids will enjoy the same earth that you do?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:21 AM
Trump to Natives...
It will cost us a Billion dollars to go around you so how bout we give you and your tribe half of that to let us go through?

But Mr. President, will you help us get all these flakes to go away first?

Their children and grandchildren and all the generations to follow can drink or bath in money. Their water source, source of life and the land that their ancestors are buried on stand in the way of that pipeline. There are some people that are not controlled by money 40, believe it or not.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:28 AM
And just an FYI for you and all poster using the words "snowflake" or shortened version "flake"; that can be construed as a derogative and often racist term against white millennials or millennials in general stereotyped as throwing tantrums when they don't get their way and need to run to safe places. By default they are considered libs by the altright.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:30 AM

Yes. Yes. No. No. Trust me, I do my part. Do you? Are you making sure your grandkids will enjoy the same earth that you do?

I sure think I am.

In the summer, when it's hot, our house is seldom below 78 degrees. Seldom.

In the winter, the only time our house is above 64 degrees is if we have people coming over. (trust me, it's a running joke with our friends. Going over to Arch's house in the winter? Take an extra sweatshirt)

Get this: I also pay a higher electric rate from Toledo Edison, our electric supplier, because "since your house is not completely electric for heating, you are charged more per kwh." Yup.

We recycle much of what we can.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:31 AM
And just an FYI for you and all poster using the words "snowflake" or shortened version "flake"; that can be construed as a derogative and often racist term against white millennials or millennials in general stereotyped as throwing tantrums when they don't get their way and need to run to safe places. By default they are considered libs by the altright.

Neat. I never knew what that term meant.

Is that as derogatory as "tea baggers"?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:34 AM

Those snowflakes will cry about anything.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 05:32 AM

Neat. I never knew what that term meant.

Is that as derogatory as "tea baggers"?
Tea baggers is a derogatory term for constitutional extremist conservatives (the Tea Party) that hijacked the republican party taking control of congress with no plan to move forward and little knowledge of how to govern, but has never been racists as far as I know. I'm real guilty of calling people tea bagger or tea bagger types.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 05:43 AM
Tea party. Taxed Enough Already.

Teabaggers - look it up. If you're proud of calling people teabaggers, so be it. Just know what you're saying.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:48 PM
j/c

It's really funny to hear those who have been whining for eight years now call the other side whiners. They must have learned from all of you. lmao
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 04:56 PM
Better to be the tea bagger than the tea baggee.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 05:15 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

It's really funny to hear those who have been whining for eight years now call the other side whiners. They must have learned from all of you. lmao

apparently expressing displeasure with the way your government is running things is called whining. I thought we were allowed to do that. In fact I thought it was our duty to point out things that we disagree with.

Perhaps I'm wrong.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 05:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

apparently expressing displeasure with the way your government is running things is called whining. I thought we were allowed to do that. In fact I thought it was our duty to point out things that we disagree with.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

There is nothing to disagree with anymore. Trump is in control. Step in line or get stepped on.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 05:32 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Ain't no Perhaps about it!
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 05:40 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Not making America great again throwing insults. The highroad is over yonder, come along, join me.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 05:42 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Not making America great again throwing insults. The highroad is over yonder, come along, join me.

Will I have to blast people in the face over there?
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Native American Victory - 01/25/17 05:48 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Will I have to blast people in the face over there?

You won't need to. We listen to your whining all the time. It's part of the initiation here.
© DawgTalkers.net