DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Frenchy 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 06:25 AM
My daughter and me just got back from Shinedown, Papa Roach, and Asking Alexandria. She is is 13 and loves rock. We have been to Five Finger Death Punch, Shinedown, Papa Roach, Parkway Drive (our fave), Chevelle, Starset, Bad Wolves, Raveneye, August Burns Red. We are going to Philly in May to see Parkway Drive and Killswitch Engage.

Tonights concert was awesome, 2nd time seeing Shinedown, they played for an hour and forty five minutes, they were awesome. Papa Roach really surprised us, really good. Asking Alexandria, meeehh, ok.

Anyone know of a good rock concert July 4th weekend? We are trying to find one to go to.

Here is some videos from tonight:

Shinedown:

https://youtu.be/sZwWfDMpAOc Devil
https://youtu.be/G7aJqbJMmvg Monsters

Papa Roach, half song:

https://youtu.be/iVnftuku620 Elevate

Asking Alexandria:

https://youtu.be/JlTg_z8D-fI Into the Fire
https://youtu.be/PQd8hI5kBQw Alone in a Room

I know I said 2019, but this is our favorite band, Parkway Drive in Cleveland at the Agora Theater 1-17-18 “Prey”

https://youtu.be/aGqkp9b1syw
Posted By: EveDawg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 06:26 AM
I would like to go to Muse, but I don't know anyone who likes Muse.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 06:55 AM
Gotta go to Static X on July 10th at the Agora in Cleveland

and want to see FFDP and GodSmack at Inkarceration in July also
We tried finding a way to go see Weird Al this summer, but between wedding and honeymoon...the concert will have to wait till another time.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 07:21 AM
We want to see Avatar, Volbeat, Ice Nine Kills, and The Fever 333 at some point.
I discovered Volbeat last year. I’d love to see them. I love the soaring vocals.
Posted By: jfanent Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 11:39 AM
I may have to go and see a band called "You Me at Six" tonight in Detroit. Don't know a thing about them, but I said I'd go to someone who's friend might have to back out.
Thanks to a friend, my daughter and I are going to see Joe Bonamassa in Charleston, SC on March 4th. He's got a great band and he puts on one helluva show.

We're going to make it a 2-day trip because we both love Charleston so much. It's such a historic, yet vibrant and happening city. I just booked a room at a 5-star hotel that is w/in walking distance to The Gallard Center where Joe and his band are playing. The theater is divine. Here are some pics of the theater.

I'm extremely excited.

Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I like Muse, but I'm a 63 y/o retired cop, so I may be the exact opposite of cool. Zac Brown is playing Blossom on 6/14 (flag day), I've been thinking about that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 02:24 PM
Joe Bonamassa is next on my list!

I saw Muse two summers ago at a music festival in Vegas that had some of my art displayed. Muse isn’t my music, much of what the festival offered wasn’t my style, but they put on a good show. I recognize the talent they have.
If you’re into them musically you’d really enjoy their live experience.

So far this summer I have two festivals on the docket. One a local bluegrass festival that my friends I work as visual performers/installation artists for. Lots of great bluegrass acts that most people wouldn’t necessarily know. The other is Life Is Beautiful in Vegas. They have yet put out their lineup. Historically LiB has been slim pickings for my musical tastes. Last year I did watch Florence and the Machine put on their show. Not really my thing but she was dynamic on stage and they were tight. Talent is talent. For that I enjoyed it.
We’ve applied to a couple other festivals that we hope to drag art to this summer. Hoping to hear back soon. The two were waiting on are much more to my musical liking.... and the pay is good.
I haven’t paid to see a band in years. That said, I don’t always get to see the bands or music I’d paid to see. But sharing my art is priceless, free festivals are free, VIP is VIP... I don’t always care who’s on stage. At least as long as they put on a good show.
Posted By: BADdog Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 04:43 PM
I have tickets to see the 5 Chinese Brothers reunion at the Mercury lounge in March. I am pretty sure no one has a clue as to what I am talking about.
They are not Chinese its just a name, and a book.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 05:00 PM

Go anyway. I've seen them twice - once in an arena and once at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Both were good, but the arena show was super.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 05:07 PM
I have I think 3 concerts scheduled this year so far. I used to do 20-25 a year, but life takes over.

Metric with July Talk
Brandi Carlile
Fitz & the Tantrums, Young the Giant with Alice Merton
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 05:35 PM
I'd like to see the Stones in Chicago
Joe will be in Knoxville on March 5th.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 05:56 PM
That's on the other side of the state. He was here in Nashville at a very small venue on the 8th of February but I couldn't get tickets. A place called 3rd & Lindsley. It would have been a fantastic venue to have seen him.

But everybody comes to Nashville and I'm sure he'll be back this way soom.
Posted By: FATE Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 06:19 PM

Two scheduled so far...

Queensryche ~ July 12th Hard Rock Rocksino

My favorite band since high school, I've seen them over 30 times all over the country. They split with the original singer in 2012, so it's not really the same, my first time seeing them since "the split".

Geoff Tate ~ The original singer of Queensryche ~ June 16th Jergels in PA

I've seen him a few times since the split. It's the 30th anniversary of Queensryche's "Operation:Mindcrime" and his band is performing the album in it's entirety. A concept album rivaled only by Pink Floyd ~ The Wall. I'm a fan club liaison of sorts, so we've got fans coming from Atlanta, Chicago, Florida, all over PA and Ohio. We have a private VIP lounge rented at the venue, will be a great night!

The album begins with the protagonist, Nikki, in a hospital. He lies in a near catatonic state, unable to remember anything but snippets from his past. Suddenly, Nikki's memories come flooding back in a torrent ("I Remember Now"). He remembers how, as a heroin addict and would-be political radical frustrated with contemporary society due to the economic inequality, corruption and hypocrisy around him, he was manipulated into joining a supposed secret organization dedicated to revolution ("Anarchy—X ", "Revolution Calling"). At the head of this organization is a mysterious political and religious demagogue known only as Dr. X, who manipulates Nikki through a combination of his heroin addiction and brainwashing techniques to become an assassin. Whenever Dr. X uses the word "mindcrime", Nikki becomes his docile puppet, a state which Dr. X uses to command Nikki to undertake any murder that the Doctor wishes ("Operation: Mindcrime").[4]

As his position within Dr. X's organization grows, so does Nikki's ego and adherence to his master's vision of the future ("Speak"). Through one of Dr. X's associates, a corrupt priest named Father William, Nikki is offered the services of a child prostitute-turned-nun named Sister Mary ("Spreading the Disease "). Through his friendship and growing affection toward Sister Mary, Nikki begins to question the nature of what he is doing, seeing that Dr. X has his own nefarious agenda ("The Mission"). Dr. X takes notice and, seeing a potential threat in Mary to his cult of personality, orders Nikki to kill both her and the priest. Nikki goes to Mary's church and kills the priest, but, after confronting Mary, he fails to comply with the command to murder her ("Suite Sister Mary"). He loves Mary and decides to leave the organization with her, so Nikki goes to Dr. X to tell him that they are out. Dr. X, however, reminds Nikki that he is an addict, and that he is the one who can provide him with his daily fix ("The Needle Lies"). Nikki leaves, conflicted and uncertain, and he returns to Mary only to find her dead ("Electric Requiem").[4]

Nikki cannot cope with the loss, as well as the possibility that he himself may have killed her without knowing it (it was later revealed on the Mindcrime at the Moore DVD that Mary killed herself after Dr. X threatened to kill Nikki)[5] and he begins to succumb to insanity. He runs through the streets calling her name ("Breaking the Silence"). The police arrive and attempt to subdue him. A gun is found on Nikki, and they take him into custody under suspicion of Mary's murder and the murders he committed for Dr. X ("I Don't Believe in Love"). Suffering from an almost complete loss of memory, Nikki is put into a mental hospital, where he retraces in his mind his last moments with Mary ("Waiting for 22", "My Empty Room"). Back in the present in the hospital room at the beginning of the story Nikki has regained his memory, but now stares at his image in a mirror, unable to recognize who he is and what he has become ("Eyes of a Stranger").[4]
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 06:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
We want to see Avatar, Volbeat, Ice Nine Kills, and The Fever 333 at some point.

I saw Volbeat (Who I've loved for like 5 years now), with Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica in Miami last year. Volbeat was the only reason I even went. smile They ROCKED!!!

Going to 98Rockfest 2019
Three Days Grace, Godsmack, P.O.D., Motionless In White, Rival Sons, and The Blue Stones in April in Tampa.
I'm still waiting for them to announce a Blippi world tour...
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/27/19 11:57 PM

WOW. Beautiful theater.

Should be a great show.
Sonic Temple, formerly known as Rock on the Range in May. We rent a camper and stay the whole weekend - great time.

I can't wait to see System Of A Down - been one band I've wanted to see for a long time but figured I'd never get to. It's a great lineup as usual.

You should take your daughter to that, stop on by our camp and have a beer. CapitalGG (you met him at the draft party last year) camps with us too. YepTheBrownsRule (probably met him too) will be with us this year as well.

Probably hit Floydfest in July. Great festival in the Blueridge mountains. Mostly bluegrass, but it is incredible.
Posted By: FATE Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/28/19 02:38 AM

I saw SOAD at Ozzfest in 2006. I've, from hours after the show, to this day, affectionately refereed to it as "a religious experience". Absolutely one of the best performances I've ever witnessed.
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
I can't wait to see System Of A Down - been one band I've wanted to see for a long time but figured I'd never get to.

Cool side note. My buddy and I recently built a 30’ robot for a private collection. The client is a cool guy that is fairly well connected. The weekend after we delivered it we found the following Instagram post from the drummer of System of the Down...

Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/28/19 05:38 AM
Sonic Temple, formerly known as Rock on the Range in May. We rent a camper and stay the whole weekend - great time.

I can't wait to see System Of A Down - been one band I've wanted to see for a long time but figured I'd never get to. It's a great lineup as usual.

You should take your daughter to that, stop on by our camp and have a beer. CapitalGG (you met him at the draft party last year) camps with us too. YepTheBrownsRule (probably met him too) will be with us this year as well.

Probably hit Floydfest in July. Great festival in the Blueridge mountains. Mostly bluegrass, but it is incredible.

We are gonna try to make it that Friday, we will be in WV Sat/Sun or would have bought the weekend pass. If we go we will stop by.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 02/28/19 06:03 AM
Don't know if this counts, but two weeks ago, I shared the stage with Queen Latifah.

She was super chill and down to earth. Showed up for the rehearsal in sweats and Chuck T's. She was glammed up for the gig, tho- and her band torched that place to ash.

Concerts are very different from the other side. Maybe some day, I'll do a 'day in the life' post.

As a fan: I'd love to see King Crimson at 50. I got one shot, this Sept. Who can tell me anything about Hard Rock Rocksino? It looks like Crimson tacked this one on at the end of a tour that had a pretty grueling summer in Europe.

Incredible band.
Quote:

Concerts are very different from the other side. Maybe some day, I'll do a 'day in the life' post.

That would be cool.
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Don't know if this counts, but two weeks ago, I shared the stage with Queen Latifah.

She was super chill and down to earth. Showed up for the rehearsal in sweats and Chuck T's. She was glammed up for the gig, tho- and her band torched that place to ash.

As a fan: I'd love to see King Crimson at 50. I got one shot, this Sept. Who can tell me anything about Hard Rock Rocksino? It looks like Crimson tacked this one on at the end of a tour that had a pretty grueling summer in Europe.

Incredible band.

You should write a book. You write and communicate extraordinarily well. The subject matter would almost certainly be of interest to a whole lot of people.

Go make yourself some money dawg! laugh
'In The Court of the Crimson King' is in the argument for best rock album ever.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/01/19 05:42 AM
She’s almost got me talked into Louisville Sunday April 7th to go see Ice Nine Kills, Afterlife, and Palisades. $58 for 2 tickets, good deal.

Still trying to talk her into a whole weekend trip. She would miss school on Friday May 10th. Leave Columbus at 4:00am, drive 13 hours to Ottawa Canada, watch Volbeat and Godsmack, then stay the night and get up and drive 8 hours to Philly for our Parkway Drive concert, then stay the night and get up and drive 9 hours home. Helluva trip but she only wants to do the Philly part. Im down for it though.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/05/19 05:23 AM
Looks like we are going to get tickets tomorrow for Slipknot, Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth. Not to far away, Noblesville, IN. About a 3 hour drive. She is so happy.
Well, my daughter and I went to Charleston to attend the Joe Bonamassa concert last night. The theater was even more gorgeous in person than it looked in the pictures that I posted earlier.

My friend and his son who got my daughter and I the tickets [can't post his name because I don't want everyone badgering him for tickets] have my lifelong gratitude. The seats were in the 3rd row in the middle of the theater. Unbelievable.

The show was fantastic in every possible respect. Joe has a great band of talented musicians. If you remember my first post on the Off the Beaten Path Music thread, I introduced Jade. She was there as a backup singer for Joe.

Joe was killing it. He did an acoustical piece for his first encore and it was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed.

Great city---great theater---great band! I'm tired, but still riding the high of such a wonderful time!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/06/19 02:03 AM
I never bothered to listen to his stuff, but I hear good things about him from a buddy who's a fan of Joe B.
You should check out his stuff, lamp. I am almost positive you would really like him given the stuff you have shared about guitar playing in the past. He's awesome!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/06/19 07:36 PM
since it's a slow day at work, I am going to google and watch some Youtube of him right now. smile

Edit: well, I just watched live versions of Sloe Gin and Midnight Blues and damn, I was blown away.
love his tone, he's got some flash but doesn't overdue it. He plays like he really, really means it. Thanks for convincing me to give him a listen!
You know your stuff, lamp. I figured you would like him. thumbsup
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/10/19 01:34 AM

I know someone who went to the show in Savannah.

He enjoyed it as well. He mentioned that he would be curious to see him do something acoustically.

I have seen him and never saw him play acoustic guitar.

Would like to hear that.

Cool that you saw that.
I recorded the acoustic song. It's about 4:20 long. I wish I could post it on here. I tried to email it someone, but it would not load. The sound wasn't authentic due to the phone, but damn man..............he went off!!!! Not kidding. He went off!!!

After his last chord, he swung that guitar up and showed some swag w/his body language. He's not a real demonstrative guy, but he knew he freaking killed it. Even the band was.....like "Wow!"
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/10/19 02:48 AM
Interesting.

When some of the great electric guitar players go acoustic it can be really something.

I remember listening to Hendrix play acoustic and it was incredible.

I love that sound.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/10/19 02:54 AM
Good guitar players almost always started on acoustic,and besides that, the really talented ones sound good playing anything.
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/10/19 03:25 PM

Sure.

I love the purity of the notes from acoustic.

Old blues on acoustic is killer.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/11/19 12:07 PM
Burton Cummings is in town this summer...just might go.

https://youtu.be/3RJviuiSoQA
My 16 year old is really into the music I listened to back in the day, he found it on his own. Listens to vinyl, starting to build a collection.

Anyway, Kiss is coming to town and we've been kicking around the idea of going to see them. My wife wants to see Pentatonix when they come to town. So ... not close on the spectrum but these two are possibilities for me.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/11/19 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Burton Cummings is in town this summer...just might go.

https://youtu.be/3RJviuiSoQA

I saw him two years ago with a great band behind him. He definitely still has it, voice hasn't changed much in 50 years.
beautiful theatre
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/11/19 11:16 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419
I have I think 3 concerts scheduled this year so far. I used to do 20-25 a year, but life takes over.

Metric with July Talk
Brandi Carlile
Fitz & the Tantrums, Young the Giant with Alice Merton

It takes over in the sense the music you like doesn't tour as much. As a Senior, I understand that music events aren't aimed at me unless Paul McCartney is doing a tour and rock rock is the pleasure. The best concert I ever saw was Merle Haggard 3 years before he passed. He played a good 45 minutes long. He and the band kept playing....he was feeding off the vibe, it was electic. Even you non country fans would have said WOW! It was a lifetime experience. It really was. One I will never forget.

My wife Pat, a non country music fan walked out of that one saying, WOW! It was that good.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 03/11/19 11:57 PM
Sometimes you seem self conscious about being a country fan.
Don't be. A great musical performance is just that.... No matter the genre.
I've only been to one show so far this year.

I've seen a soon to not be just a local band Black Coffee a couple times this year.

Red Sun Rising

I've got Sonic Temple in May.
Greta Van Fleet in June.
Louder than Life in September.

I know others will pop up that I'll want to go to.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 04/08/19 07:27 AM
well we went to Louisville, KY tonight at the Diamond Pub and saw Ice Nine Kills, Palisades, Afterlife, Hawk, and Fall. Pretty good concert, Ice Nine Kills is one of my daughters faves, she loved it. Only about 500 people there, so small concert, but a good one.

Here is a few videos:

Afterlife "Throat"
https://youtu.be/e-hRg9rxQbk

Palisades "Erase the Pain"
https://youtu.be/7mHPAgNABmQ

Ice Nine Kills "IT is the End"
https://youtu.be/8Lt1N2I2z7k
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 04/08/19 07:29 AM
She even got to meet the singer of Afterlife, Tyler Levenson, she was so happy:

Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 08/19/19 04:23 AM
Just saw Slipknot, Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth Friday night in Noblesville, IN at the Rouff Mortgage Music Center. Great place for a concert, loved it. Huge Volbeat fan but was let down, no energy at all. Slipknot was absolutely awesome. My daughter loved the show.

Our next concert is Five Finger Death Punch, 3 Days Grace, and Bad Wolves in November at the Nationwide Arena, can’t wait.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 09/27/19 04:19 AM
Just bought tickets to see Nonpoint and Hyro the Hero, October 11th at the A and R bar. Nonpoint is one of the bands we have wanted to see for awhile.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 09/27/19 10:30 AM
My first concert in 5 years Brantley Gilbert "Not like us tour"

Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 01/14/20 08:34 PM
If anyone is going to Motionless in White/Beartooth this Friday in Cleveland at the House of Blues, I have two VIP passes I’m giving away. All I need is a name and email and I can have them transferred over to you. You do need two general admission tickets to access the VIP.

All I ask is a few pictures from the concert. Let me know, frenchy101010@yahoo.com
Posted By: Dave Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 01/14/20 09:44 PM
I'm not concert guy anymore - too many people, too much walking after spinal surgery and having both hips replaced - but if I were, I'd be interested in Matchbox 20 / Wallflowers at Blossom Music Center on August 25. The last time I went to Blossom, it was to see Linda Ronstadt. She was a vision in short cutoff blue jeans, a white peasant blouse, and bare feet. Forty plus years ago, seems like yesterday.
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 01/16/20 12:23 AM

Just as I was moving from Reno Van Morrison was playing there. I wanted to go but did not make it. Saw him many moons ago and love his music.

The person I would go very far to see is

Melody Gardot. I have been a music affectionado my whole life. Been fortunate enough to have seen many concerts. Not tied down to any genre. Have long history in jazz but listen to everything.

But this young woman is incredible. She doesn't perform much live because of physical disabilities from a serious accident when she was hit by a car on a bicycle.

What a voice. She has written incredibly beautiful songs.
I will see her if at all possible.

Volbeat and Clutch are going to be in Youngstown on May 5.

I would like to go to Columbus for Metallica-actually my 15 yr old would like to go.

Hoping that Tool comes back around in summer. One of my faves that I haven’t seen
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 01/16/20 05:42 AM
We saw Volbeat last August, we really wanted to see them, they were a huge letdown. No energy at all. Just stood there and played their music.

We are seeing In This Moment / Black Veil Brides in April here in Columbus.

In May we are going to Cincy to see Five Finger Death Punch / Papa Roach / I Prevail / Ice Nine Kills, 14yo daughters favorite band, it will be her 3rd time seeing them.

Hoping to get cheap Sonic Temple GA tickets for the Saturday. Wanna see Slipknot again, and lol, Ice Nine Kills again. We waited really late last year and got them for $25 a ticket.
Quote:
Hoping to get cheap Sonic Temple GA tickets for the Saturday. Wanna see Slipknot again, and lol, Ice Nine Kills again. We waited really late last year and got them for $25 a ticket.

I picked up 2 3 day passes last year in the campground for my son for a case of miller lite.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been - 01/18/20 03:33 AM
Quote:

I picked up 2 3 day passes last year in the campground for my son for a case of miller lite.

That’s a helluva deal, they must have really liked Miller Light, lol. Are you going to Sonic Temple this year?
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Quote:

That’s a helluva deal, they must have really liked Miller Light, lol. Are you going to Sonic Temple this year?

Yep! Be there Thursday through Monday camping with a lot of the crew you met at our draft party. If you go, stop on by. Last year they had a few sales where tickets were $1 per day, so I may have gotten the bad end of the deal if they were those tickets.
My current concert list for 2020:

Sonic Temple in Columbus
Roger Waters in Cincinnati
Rammstein in Philadelphia

I may go check out The Blue Stones here in Columbus later this month.
© DawgTalkers.net