DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: BADdog Our dogs! - 08/04/19 04:48 PM
I know board members have a lot of dogs and they are like family, here are ours. Black one is Charlie 5 year old peekapoo. Little one is Queenie 3 1/2 month morkie. We have had her 3 weeks. All dogs are great. Lets see yours!

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/04/19 06:39 PM
Your doggos are very cute!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Our dogs! - 08/04/19 08:11 PM

This is Odysseus (or Odie). He is a ninth month old (about seven months in the picture) Belgian Malinois mix. We had him shipped from Puerto Rico to Los Angeles (https://www.thepuertoricodogfund.org/).

He loves to chase tennis balls, lizards, and rabbits.

This is him when we first got him. He was around seven weeks old. He and his sister were found on the streets of Puerto Rico without their mother.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Our dogs! - 08/04/19 08:18 PM
Awesome! Love some dog pics
Posted By: Dave Re: Our dogs! - 08/04/19 08:27 PM
I don't have an online photo of my Maisie Belle, but if you can imagine a somewhat larger version, she looks a lot like this ...

She's a Corgi-Terrier mix of some kind, that we got from a local rescue group in 2015, when she was a little over a year old (according to our vet after examining her teeth). She's a real sweetie as long as you aren't a chipmunk or squirrel.
Posted By: FATE Re: Our dogs! - 08/04/19 10:30 PM
Here's a few of our beloved "Gabby". A Min-Pin, eight pounds of sheer dynamite. Seven years old and healthy as an ox, despite the nightly table scraps. Vet says "don't change anything".

A winter pic, a summer pic, and a pic of her favorite time... "going for a bye-byes".

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Our dogs! - 08/04/19 10:36 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/04/19 11:44 PM

This is just my ignorance.

If you have a picture stored on a phone.

How do you post it here?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 01:54 AM
Speaking of Belgian Malinois.....

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 02:57 AM
I am just starting training with my guy jumping on/off stuff. He’s an athlete for sure.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 06:32 AM
j/c

I'm between dogs right now.
Just getting over losing my 'B-Grrrl.'

Bella, a few years ago:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5DA2AD7D[/img]
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 09:38 AM
Haha I love Gabby’s shoes!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 11:50 AM
This is from last year and each needs his own float now, but here is Max and Jett chillin' in the pool.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 11:57 AM
The first one is Max [the secretary put sunglasses on him] at the Vet when he was just a pup and the second one is Jett [the bigger one] and Max as pups "fighting" w/my son's Irish Wolf Hound.

Posted By: Tulsa Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 12:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This is from last year and each needs his own float now, but here is Max and Jett chillin' in the pool.

Wow, a two-headed dog.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 01:44 PM
Great thread! Love me some dogs, but married cats. God to see these dogs are almost spoiled enough. . . . LOLetc
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 03:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Love me some dogs, but married cats.

Is that even legal?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 05:02 PM
It is, if you live in FLA
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Our dogs! - 08/05/19 05:07 PM
Thanks for informing me about Florida law. I had no idea!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 02:33 AM
No pics here, but I want to share this story. My daughter is in San Antonio on business and of course, she asked my wife and I to watch her dogs while she is gone. Two Great Danes and a Pit Bull mix that was a rescue dog.

The Pit Bull mix was abused at a young age and my daughter says she hates people, especially men. LOL. Well, she was always cool w/my wife and I, but I have seen her growl at others when she meets them.

She has been here since Friday and she was a bit distant at first, but this damn dog will not leave me alone now. She is following me everywhere and demanding that I pet her over and over and over. It's hard to deny her knowing what she's been through, but I just wanted to share this story because it saddens me that so many animals are abused and really..............they are trusting souls who just want to be loved.

Maybe not so different from some of us...
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 02:38 AM
Dogs are amazing.

Their general nature is so positive that even some of the most mistreated and neglected can come around to being great pets and companions. And always there for us in our times of need.

Some angels have wings.
The rest have fur and wet noses.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 02:38 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Thanks for informing me about Florida law. I had no idea!

There is a reason Florida Man memes are a thing.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 03:30 AM
Many moons ago I did something on dawgtalkers that is uncharacteristic for me. I don't like social media, I don't like my picture on the internet, and I don't like my kids pictures on the internet. Well, my wife's and I first kid was an 8 week old, 8 lb rottweiler we named Sadie. I was so proud I broke my own rule and posted her pic on here.

Sadie is now 12 years old and showing her age. I feel like it could be any day now. I can barely talk about this verbally with anyone. She has been such a fixture in our lives for so long that I don't know what we are going to do when she's not around anymore. My wife and I got her when we were just boyfriend and girlfriend. Marriage, kids, and 12 years later and she is still there by our sides everyday. It's going to be tough on us. It's tough just writing this.

They truly are members of your family.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 04:26 AM
I feel ya, Rishuz.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 05:03 AM
I just lost my Duke, after 12 years. I felt like a chunk of my heart was missing.

I got my new pup, Dobby, and the amazing thing is that he has perfectly filled that hole left by Duke's passing. I still miss Duke, of course, but I find that I can look back at all of the good times we had together, and smile.

I am sure that Duke would approve of Dobby.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 09:43 AM
Glad to hear that Dobby’s Adjusted well ... good for you two
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 02:10 PM
He's doing great. He has learned that the only things he is allowed to chew are the things I give him to chew. He has learned to go to the bathroom outside, or at least on the paper if I don't get him out in time. He has learned to let me onto my own bed. lol He was kind of territorial, at 1st.

He's doing remarkably well. I did keep him in a cage while I was gone, but he hated it, and I tried him out on ever more extended times, and he just sits by the back door and waits for me. He was there for almost 2 hours yesterday. He has roam of the house, but he just wanted to see me as soon as I got home. laugh
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 02:59 PM
Haha that’s awesome! thumbsup
Posted By: BADdog Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 03:47 PM
More pics!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 03:51 PM
For people that are pet lovers it is really hard when they leave.

I have seen tough guys (Ranger Captain two tours Vietnam)sobbing over the passing of a pet.

The bond is unconditional. Based upon pure love.

There is no easy fix for those feelings.

Condolences.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 05:38 PM
Samson, my pit (mix), when we first brought him home from the Humane Society. He was 8 weeks old.

A couple years later. He loves the coast. Leash free on the beach is dog paradise.

He’s smart, very intuitive, and took extremely well to training. Mostly he’s pretty cool.

He also has a silly side.

I love dogs but have primarily been a cat guy as they’re easier for those with a busy schedule. Samson is my first dog besides the ones we raised when I was a kid. I love him to death. That said I’m not sure I’ll have a dog after him. My lifestyle is not really designed for easy dog ownership. I work all day then try to spend as much time in the evenings and weekends in my studio. It’s not really a space designed for dogs to be roaming. It’s also hard, or at least extra expensive, to travel when the cost of kenneling comes into play. It’s hard to live a spontaneous schedule when someone has to be home to let him out. Etc. I’ve been out of town two of the last three weeks. My girlfriend traveled with me some of that time. When it’s just her at home it’s tougher as she works longer hours. With that he’s been shuffled into and out of daycares and kennels throughout that time. He loves those places and they treat him well but it’s still not home and it’s still added costs. Again I love him to death and can’t imagine my life without him. It’s been a fulfilling 6 years to get him this far. The day I have to say goodbye will be heart breaking, gut wrenching. But after that I’m not sure I’ll do it again. At least unless my lifestyle is able to be more accommodating to their needs. Never say never.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 08:08 PM
I lost my last Pit about six years ago. Tanni bone. She came down with cancer. I've had dogs my entire life, but for some reason I just can't get over losing her and just don't know if I'll ever have another dog in my life.

Maybe I'm cheating myself and a dog that could use a good home. It would have to be a Pit though.

I just can't move forward with another dog if I can't give it my all. And thus far I just can't do that.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Our dogs! - 08/06/19 08:48 PM
Good puppy!!
Posted By: BADdog Re: Our dogs! - 08/10/19 05:56 PM
Queenie is officially a Browns Fan!

Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/11/19 07:16 PM

Does anyone know how to upload photos from a computer to post on this thread?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Our dogs! - 08/11/19 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I uploaded my pictures from my computer from flickr then copy the image address and put it into the picture thing on this site.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/11/19 08:11 PM
If you upload a picture from facebook, can people see all of your facebook pictures/posts?
Posted By: BADdog Re: Our dogs! - 08/11/19 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
If you upload a picture from facebook, can people see all of your facebook pictures/posts?

No they can only see your browsing history
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/11/19 09:57 PM

Don't have a facebook account.

Don't have flickr.

Photos are in google photos or stored as JPEG image in files.

If I copy the file address and paste the link the picture does not appear?

I can upload from google photos but don't know how to paste to thread?

Not the sharpest computer guy unless shown how.

Posted By: BADdog Re: Our dogs! - 08/11/19 10:28 PM
Click on the icon to right of the envelope and paste in the address
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Our dogs! - 08/11/19 11:11 PM

Check out this thread. jfan provides some very good advice. https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1609972/posting-a-picture#Post1609972
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/11/19 11:15 PM

That calls for url address. I don't have that. Just an attachment or file stored as JPEG.

How would it get a url address?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 12:11 AM
Lol, you remind me of me.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 12:29 AM

If it is something I have not done before I need help.

I am ok not computer illiterate but by no means creative.

If someone talks me through or shows me I am fine.

I have tried a bunch to make this happen but if you don't have another platform where you store stuff that has an address I can not make it happen?

Seems stupid. It is digital. I have the pictures. I can attach them to emails or send them in a text.

I don't get why this is difficult to do?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 12:31 AM

For dog lovers I have a good story and some good dog photos of a cool dog (who is not mine).
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 01:14 AM
Did you read the thread I linked not too long ago? It makes it pretty easy to post a picture.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 01:47 AM

Don't recall that.

If you could post it again I would appreciate it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 01:53 AM

Don't recall that.

If you could post it again I would appreciate it.

Check out jfan's explanations.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1609972/posting-a-picture#Post1609972
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 03:00 AM

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/F29dnAy

Ok the link works there are two pictures scroll down.

The story.

As anyone who has had pets knows you can form incredible bonds with animals. Most cases you get a kitten or puppy bring them home. You start that bond by feeding them and giving them a home. Over time that bond forms.

Some times there is a connection that can take place when none of that happens.

The neighbor across the street got this dog who they named Ghost. He was about nine months old when they got him. The couple have two kids a girl 10 and a boy 5. My grandson is tight with the boy. The husband and wife had never owned a dog before.

The kids brought Ghost over to our place. As soon as I met Ghost we connected. I taught him a simple trick (shake) which he picked up immediately. He just responded to anything I did.

The couple took him doggie school. And were trying hard to be good owners. Every time he would come over to the house. He would attach himself to me. I would take him out and play with him.

I would go on walks with all the kids and the husband along with Ghost. It was clear that he would listen to me and not listen to others. When I would visit them he would go nuts. Run around in circles and beg me to play with him. He was friendly to all but only listened to me. Over time this became real obvious. The husband, a nice guy named Nolan felt like he was paying all this money to train him and he didn't listen to him. After a while he didn't want me to see the dog. But that didn't work because the boys were pals and we had contact. Every time he got loose he would book it to our door.

After time passed the wife, Susanne a fine woman accepted it. They loved the dog. The kids loved the dog. And I was just his best friend.

So they often went out of town. And they would bring Ghost over and I would take care of him. Any time I wanted to take him for a hike I could go and pick him up.

When they took him for a walk they had a pinch collar. When I take him I didn't even need a collar. He listens to me like a trained service dog. I have had a lot of dog contact in my life. But Ghost is an incredible dog. People on the mountain trails all stop to pet him. Ask to take pictures. he is super popular at the school the kids attend. Everyone reacts when they see him. He is like dog movie star.

When he is at our house he sleeps right outside my door. When I move he is right there. I take him to the grocery store he acts like service dog. Time has passed and he is now three years old. The bond is permanent.

Unfortunately we have to move back to Atlanta. The house is for sale. I am dreading the move back to Atlanta. The thought that I will not see him again is hard to swallow.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 03:03 AM
Steal him the day you are moving.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 03:25 AM
There have been times when I thought about it. Believe me.

I once had a dog who was a husky/St. Bernard mix. Sky blue eyes, husky curl tail. Big. He had the same exact personality as Ghost. Very friendly, layed back, listened to me the same way. He passed long ago. I often wondered if he came back as Ghost reincarnated.

Even though I did think about taking him I could never do it. It would break the girls heart for sure.

I will always be thankful for Ghost and all the fun we have had.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 03:30 AM
Go rescue a dog when you get settled in the new place. You sound like you'd be a great friend to a dog in need of one in a rescue.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 03:38 AM
Stories like this are why I visit EE.

Yours gives people a taste of what 'that special bond' is like. It's always better to have actually experienced it, tho- and you described it perfectly.

Simple.
Direct.
Honest.
Pure.
It changes you in your heart of hearts... and you are never the same afterward.

Good to see that you know how blessed you have been to have a friend like this.

thumbsup

p.s. The dog is stunningly beautiful (but you already knew that, right? wink ).
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 04:34 AM
Ghost is stunning. And that is an awesome story. <3
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 11:58 AM
That is a beautiful dog.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 01:06 PM
Ghost

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 02:20 PM
That’s a great looking pup
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 02:26 PM

I was told once that certain dogs will select their person and this was the second time that has proven true.

When I was a boy of ten living in Harrisburg, Pa. I was wondering and came across a stray. In those days most dogs got to roam. There were no leash laws. I played with the dog and he began to follow me around. I brought him home. We didn't have a dog. The neighbor hated dogs and my parents didn't want issues with them.

My dad said he was somebody's dog and we could not feed him. Because some family must love the dog. So come night time I had to put him out. In the morning the dog was still right outside waiting for me.

He would hang around for days and then disappear. Only again to show up. The collar had the dog's name on it Chet. This went on for awhile. We would be in the basement at night watching TV and Chet would show up and scratch at the cellar window. We would let him in and he would go crazy.

Eventually we found out who owned Chet. My father asked them if they would consider giving us Chet. They had a young family. Loved him and said no. They moved about 15 miles away to Paxtang. Chet keep coming back. The owners would find him missing and drive to our house to pick him up. The local paper somehow got wind of this (I never found out how) and wrote a human interest story.

This went on for a few years. My dad got transferred back to Cleveland (He worked for TRW) 1960 and we moved back. My parents loved Chet. He went with me everywhere. I would take my bike to the local community pool. He would follow. At the building he would wait for hours for me to come out. Management would come find and ask that I moved him because he was blocking the entrance.

Chet never chased cars. Except if I got in a car. Then he would run for miles along side of the car. It happened when I went to a birthday party and was driven to a movie show.

When it came time to move I was sick. My dad thought about it and even told me he thought about taking Chet with us. But it didn't happen. There are pictures of him in our old family albums. He was about the size of a Lab. Had that kind of head but his color was like a collie. He had four white paws.

So now I am old guy. Retired and the story is repeated.

Kind of strange when I think of it.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 06:15 PM

Vers it is crazy when I take him places. It like he is a celebrity.

He attracts people like a magnet.

Hate to admit it but it is like a ego pat on the head. People say "what a beautiful dog" and you don't how to respond to that. It has nothing to do with me.

What is so unusual about Ghost is. I never say much to him. When I hike with him on mountain trails he never has a leash on. He sees other dogs not on leash. Never fights. Only tries to get the other dog to play. If I stop to take a break. He stops. Will not go further than 15 feet away. Mostly he just lays down next to me. When walking he constantly looks back to make sure I am in sight. Once we both spotted a herd of deer up the hill. I didn't say a thing. He took off after them. I let him go a bit. I wanted to test him. One call, boom he came flying back.

I don't know to many dogs who would do that. When we get close to the car. He starts to walk right by my side. I open the car door a point in. He gets in that is it. He never begs for attention or to be petted. I can totally control him with hand signals and voice. He just does not misbehave.

All the little things that dogs can give you problems with. Never happens. I can hold a piece of meat in my teeth and he will just nibble it. He has never shown aggression around food or anything. He is great with kids. I can train a dog to do almost anything. I don't do a thing with him. It is like he reads your mind. It is amazing to me.

Just a special dog.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Our dogs! - 08/12/19 06:19 PM
adorable....
© DawgTalkers.net