DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Clemdawg Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 02:56 AM
Ric Ocasek
1944 – 2019

Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 03:17 AM
Damn, I didn't hear about this. I was young when The Cars had their heyday and I didn't understand nor appreciate them at the time, however, in my adult years I have collected their records and re-discovered what I missed the first time around. A brilliant, clever and very creative artist.

RIP.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 04:05 AM
RIP Ric.

Thanks for the cool tunes, and the memories that came with them.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 08:59 AM
RIP to a great musician ... lots of neat tunes
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 02:35 PM
Besides The Cars, I also always liked his solo album "Fireball Zone". Very talented guy.

RIP
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 03:50 PM
The Cars were a unique band. They kind of rolled rock, pop, and punk in to their sound.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 04:36 PM
The Cars actually played a style of music that wasn't my cup of tea. A lot of bands at the time fell into that category. But something about them just attracted me to their music. Sort of like The Tubes.

Any time I doubt my age, it seems looking at the obituaries gives me a wake up call.

RIP Ric
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 04:50 PM
He had some roots in the Cleveland area. Went to and graduated from Maple Heights High School.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 04:59 PM
Like you Pit I wasn’t a fan of the Cars or much of that era and genre of music... Oingo Boingo (Danny Elfman’s band... of Simpson’s music fame), the Talking Heads, Genesis, Billy Idol, or other post new wave Casio keyboard era pop-prog rock. That said I recognize their importance in the musical lexicon. The Cars were influential. Even if they didn’t influence me to do anything but turn the channel. Lol

May he RIP and his family find peace in their loss.
Posted By: Dave Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
He had some roots in the Cleveland area. Went to and graduated from Maple Heights High School.

I read that he and Benny Orr met in Cleveland, but they were always thought of as a Boston band. Not sure why.

The Cars first album (self-titled) was a must own, IMO. It was solid from top to bottom, and included what I think was their signature tune, "Moving In Stereo". (Further immortalized in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" by the lovely and talented Phoebe Cates ...)

Vary sad to see these rock legends leaving us ... RIP, Ric Ocasek.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 05:58 PM
Man, Phoebe Cates was so freaking hot. Obviously, I can't play the real video from that movie on here due to nudity, but here is a TV version and another of some of her scenes from that movie. The pool scene starts around the 2:00 minute mark in the second video and is better than the TV version, but still w/in the rules of he board. Btw---that song was perfect for that scene.

Posted By: Dave Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/16/19 06:33 PM
Kramer: Yo-Yo-Ma!

Jerry: Boutros-Boutros-Ghali!
Posted By: ohio1974 Re: Thanks, Ric - 09/17/19 10:07 PM
The Cars - "Shake It Up

Damn we lost another good one.
© DawgTalkers.net