DawgTalkers.net
Photo of gay high schooler wearing a dress at homecoming goes viral

A photo of a high school senior who identifies as gay being crowned a member of the homecoming court while wearing a dress has gone viral.

White Station High School posted the photo of student Brandon Allen, 17, which has had thousands of likes and shares on Facebook and Twitter.

In the photo, Allen wears a gold sequin off-the-shoulder gown and a tiara. He was crowned to the royal court, a gender-neutral replacement for the homecoming king and queen award that the school started awarding this year, according to NBC.

"Thank you to everyone who has contributed to me becoming queen," NBC reported Allen as writing on his Instagram. "You guys truly looked stunningly beautiful and I am so honored to have been able to walk with you guys!!"

Principal Carrye Holland responded to criticism the school received in a Facebook post.

"Here’s the thing: it’s Brandon’s right to run for homecoming court under Title IX," she wrote. "It’s the students’ choice of who they want to support as homecoming royalty. I’m exceedingly proud to be the principal of our amazing school."

"Queer Eye" star Jonathan Van Ness, who challenges gender norms in clothing, also applauded the photo on Twitter.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-...homecoming-goes
Good job, students.
Great response from school officials... kid was voted onto court by his peers... no sense hating on him...

Saw a story this week about a kid who took his own life after being shamed for some private message where he talked about being bisexual.... people can be cruel... doesn't matter if you disagree with someone... be kind....
If he identifies as a gay man, why did he wear a dress and refer to himself as the queen?
their vision must be too blurred from vaping pot to see strait. Beautiful girl left on the stage while some ugly dude with scaly elbows beats the girl?

Just disgusting. It's obvious those kids don't give a flip about anything except getting their jollies off by denying the real women their moment to shine.

When your homecoming queen is some ugly dude what does that say about your womenfolk. Great voting kids the future looks bright ........
It took about 150 years for the US government to allow women the right to vote.

Many states did not ratify the 19th Amendment right away. The great [sic] state of Mississippi didn't ratify the 19th Amendment until 1984.

Women have endured sexism for the entire length of recorded history.

Women have almost always made less money than males.

Women are referred to as the "weaker sex."

Women are raped and/or physically abused and are afraid to come forward w/the information because some will argue they were "asking for it."

Women are barred from men's clubs.

And now, we have a men beating out females for Homecoming Queen. Yeah, that's progress. rolleyes
Two homophobic rants in a row. I won't even address Razor's as it is clearly filled w/hate.

Vers, your rant goes has nothing to do with this issue. Maybe, just maybe, the kids at this school voted him because ...

A: gender doesn't matter and they want to make ALL students feel included & validated.

B: maybe the girls/women feel that they don't need these titles. Afterall, pageants & homecoming Queens (& Proms) are archaic, sexist, traditionally racist and fueled by misogynists who parade the women as sex objects. LGBTQ students all across the country in HS' and colleges have been and are shaking it up for good reason.
Quote:
Two homophobic rants in a row.

I am at the point that I am reporting you each and every time you lie and insult me. I did not say a damn thing about homosexuals.

This is my last post to you. I didn't want to even post this, but I am just telling you that I am reporting you each and every time you attack me.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
Two homophobic rants in a row.

I am at the point that I am reporting you each and every time you lie and insult me. I did not say a damn thing about homosexuals.

This is my last post to you. I didn't want to even post this, but I am just telling you that I am reporting you each and every time you attack me.

OK, sir. You do that. Just remember the person who made slanderous defamatory comments about me. Oh, I forgot....you are ALWAYS the victim and never at fault.

Check the mirror, dude.
Just to be clear to everyone else. I was NOT slamming homosexuals. I don't care what a person's sexual preferences are. I support freedom of choice w/out repercussions just because you are different.

What I was trying to point out that women have been manipulated, degraded, and stifled by men for centuries.
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Two homophobic rants in a row. I won't even address Razor's as it is clearly filled w/hate.

Vers, your rant goes has nothing to do with this issue. Maybe, just maybe, the kids at this school voted him because ...

A: gender doesn't matter and they want to make ALL students feel included & validated.

B: maybe the girls/women feel that they don't need these titles. Afterall, pageants & homecoming Queens (& Proms) are archaic, sexist, traditionally racist and fueled by misogynists who parade the women as sex objects. LGBTQ students all across the country in HS' and colleges have been and are shaking it up for good reason.

It appears to me that you are confusing gender identity with sexual preference / orientation. Most of the gay men I know of (read: ALL) still identify as men. I would also assume that most gay women still think they are women.

The young man had every opportunity to run for Homecoming King, but then again, I am a person who believes that biology informs gender, and that it is immutable, regardless of how someone "identifies".

Point being, there was nothing homophobic about Vers' post, IMO.
j/c:

You go, girl...........

Quote:
Homecoming queen makes her middle school's football team

Yahoo Lifestyle Yahoo Lifestyle Fri, Oct 11 12:26 PM EDT

Ta'Mya Bulger, 13, plays both wide receiver and defensive back for her middle school's football team. She was also named Homecoming Queen. (Photo: Tamera Hinton)

After one eighth-grade student won the vote of homecoming queen at her middle school during the halftime homecoming ceremony, she had to quickly swap her tiara for a helmet to hit the field.

Ta’Mya Bulger, 13, made history for Clanton Middle School in Alabama, as the school's first African-American girl to win homecoming queen, and as the school's only female football player on the CMS Tigers.

“As a mom, it was incredible,” Tamera Hinton, Bulger’s mom, told Yahoo Lifestyle, about her daughter winning the title of homecoming queen. “She’s humble, she’s not the most ‘status quo’ popular girl, but she’s kind, she’s on the honor roll, and she’s probably the most athletic in the school. It was nice that she got this recognition.”

The versatile athlete, who also plays girls basketball and soccer, and plans to participate in track this spring, serves on both sides for the school's football team as a wide receiver and defensive back.
Ta'Mya Bulger, 13, plays both wide receiver and defensive back for her middle school's football team. She was also named Homecoming Queen. (Photo: Tamera Hinton)

According to Hinton, her daughter initially became interested in football after her little brother started to play, and when she was in fifth grade, she joined a team. While Bulger has been playing the sport for three years, Hinton did not allow her to try out for the school’s team when she was in the seventh-grade.

“I wasn’t sure she was ready, especially to play with the boys at this age,” Hinton explained, but this year, she relented.

“I loved it,” first-year head coach Thomas Hughes told CBS42. “I told her when she asked me if she could play – absolutely, I told her [I’d] loved to have her come out and see what she had.”

Being the only girl on the team doesn't make Bulger feel any different than the rest of her teammates, and her opponents certainly don’t treat her any differently for being a girl.

When asked by Yahoo what she thinks when she takes the field, she responded simply, “I want to hit.”

Bulger said she plans to continue playing football through high school and she hopes to play soccer in college, which her mom says is her “number one sport.” Until then, she and the rest of the CMS football team will continue to take on their opponents throughout the season.

Thomas Hughes and a representative for CMS did not immediately respond to Yahoo Lifestyle’s requests for comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/homecomi...-162617681.html

Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

I didn't say one darn thing about homosexuality. I didn't say one thing about the kids sexual preference.

Most girls I knew growing up LOVED the prom. I didn't really like it back then because it was a pain to dress up and spend that kind of money. I did it though because I knew the girl on my arm wanted me to be there for her when she competed for the crown. It has real meaning to these girls who want to compete to be the prettiest girl out there and it can often lead to scholarships for college too. It perfectly natural to want to compete to be the best.

Gender DOES matter. TRUTH matters. Reality matters. Science Matters. Enabling mental illness because you think its the nice thing to do doesn't help them at all. It's stops them from getting the proper medical and psychological help they need. It doesn't matter what you FEEL, your DNA doesn't lie.

Hormone treatments work when you let them. Boys with too much estrogen feel feminine and girls with too much testosterone feel masculine. Correcting the balance in hormones restores their sense of self back to what it should be and they can live happy normalized lives instead always feeling in conflict with themselves.

Science trumps political garbage every single time.
Razor's reply is to insult the LGBTQ kid who won as well as the kids who voted and calls it "disgusting" yet he can't see the homophobia in his rant.

Vers tries to make some connection by saying we are stepping backwards in the advancement of women's rights simply because a school chose a boy as their Homecoming queen. A flawed argument that makes little sense.

As I said in my original reply...high schools and colleges all across this nation are getting rid of the traditional Homecoming court and even Proms and replacing with more gender neutral events simply because many students today can all see how steeped in sexism they (and pageants) are and were created by men & their misogynistic society. Dive deeper and you will see that they are also steeped in a racist history (not surprising).

Critical thinking is a good tool...it's worth reexamining and questioning an outdated system and challenging them for change & equity.

Regarding gender...it isn't as simple as you make it, Razor. Read more about it and you may be surprised at what you learn from the science & biological side as well as the social construct side. And, why does the right feel that "Science & truth matters" on this one, yet many on the right question the science when it comes to Climate change? Just askin'
Since when is a man saying he is gay equal transgender? I've never heard of such a thing.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Since when is a man saying he is gay equal transgender? I've never heard of such a thing.

Ask Razor as he is the one who brought up gender.
Why ask Razor? He doesn't have a clue, so I'm asking you. He dressed as a woman and was in a contest for women. So how does being a gay man have anything to do with that?

It seems to me those two things have nothing to do with one another.
In efforts to challenge the misogyny and sexism of homecoming courts/prom & pageant as well as making them more inclusive there's a push in many schools to make them more gender neutral, non-binary, gender fluid and accepting of all.

Is this why this particular school chose him? No idea. But, what the classmates have done is definitely challenging the status quo and the flawed systems that enforce a social construct of gender and gender roles.
I guess.
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
why did he wear a dress and refer to himself as the queen?

It's the lingo. RuPaul's become extremely popular with LGBTQ+ youth, and some gay men take pride in calling themselves queens.
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
why did he wear a dress and refer to himself as the queen?

It's the lingo. RuPaul's become extremely popular with LGBTQ+ youth, and some gay men take pride in calling themselves queens.

I agree to a certain extent, but would argue that RuPaul is quite divisive with the LGBTQ community. We have a large community here in Portland and I hear more often than not from them that they find RuPaul problematic. Especially within the trans community.

But, he is obviously also very influential.
You have an ugly dude competing against girls for prom queen. Don't care if the dude is gay, transgender, or whatever else kind of creative way you want to put it. It's wrong.

The problem society faces today is that it doesn't like to deal with the reality of life and instead wants to have some weeping contest to see who is the most offended with the biggest reason to be a cry baby.

Boys are boys and girls are girls. Your DNA doesn't lie. Those born with birth defects like hermaphrodites are the exception and guess what there is physical DNA evidence of it. Your not a boy or girl just because you feel like being one.

If your a boy who feels like a girl then go see a doctor and get your hormones balance corrected because your a boy for life no matter how much you wish otherwise.

Keep boys out of girls events and sports and have some common decency for a change. Girls have suffered enough without suffering this kind of nonsense too.
[quote=RocketOptimistand some gay men take pride in calling themselves queens. [/quote]

Perhaps that is true.

Left Friday morning for a wedding in Columbus. Rehearsal friday night, pictures Saturday early afternoon, and the wedding Sat. night.

My son's wedding. It was a gay wedding. My son got married, and I got a son in law. Neither of them consider themselves 'queens'.

I had thought of starting a thread, and then this one popped up.

Many of you think I"m nothing but a white, christian, conservative neanderthal - not open to anything different.

I attended the wedding, with my wife and daughter, and about 78 others.

Why? Because he's my son.

Had a great time, too.

I got to meet many of his friends. It was nice. Heard from so many of them about his fear of telling "dad" (me) about him being gay...............and his attitude when he finally said "I told my dad, and he was unbelievable in his acceptance".

One friend of his even told me "He was totally different when he came back from telling you. You accepted it with no issues. He was so relieved. The difference in him before he told you, and after he told you was unreal."

A number of his other friends said things similar. Had a great time celebrating my son's wedding to another guy, and his spouse (I guess I should say my son in law) is a great person.

Spent a good amount of time talking with my son in laws father. Friday night, and Saturday night. He is much like me, in more ways than you can imagine.
You opine a lot about what’s right and what’s wrong. What empirical factual research study basis can you support your opinions with?
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

My son's wedding. It was a gay wedding. My son got married, and I got a son in law. Neither of them consider themselves 'queens'.

Arch, how your son and his husband view their lives or identify & define themselves is only one way and they obviously shouldn't be the example nor can they speak for all other gay men (and vice versa). But, I am sure you know that.

Quote:
Many of you think I"m nothing but a white, christian, conservative neanderthal - not open to anything different.

Had a great time, too.

Politically you and I may be poles apart, but I have always respected you and how you voice your opinion even when I may completely disagree. You are clearly a hard working, dedicated, loving & proud family man.

Congrats to your son and your new son-in-law. I wish you and your growing family all the best.
Quote:

Perhaps that is true.

Left Friday morning for a wedding in Columbus. Rehearsal friday night, pictures Saturday early afternoon, and the wedding Sat. night.

I had thought of starting a thread, and then this one popped up.

Had a great time, too.

I got to meet many of his friends. It was nice. Heard from so many of them about his fear of telling "dad" (me) about him being gay...............and his attitude when he finally said "I told my dad, and he was unbelievable in his acceptance".

One friend of his even told me "He was totally different when he came back from telling you. You accepted it with no issues. He was so relieved. The difference in him before he told you, and after he told you was unreal."

A number of his other friends said things similar. Had a great time celebrating my son's wedding to another guy, and his spouse (I guess I should say my son in law) is a great person.

Spent a good amount of time talking with my son in laws father. Friday night, and Saturday night. He is much like me, in more ways than you can imagine.

I’m going to respond to you regarding your post, though it’s really for anyone else who might read this, because knowing you as I do from years on this board, you will take this in the wrong way. I’ve seen you make comments in the past regarding the gay community, and throwing out that you have a gay son, like that means you can’t still have issues and bigotry toward gay people, and you do, believe me. People like you often do, and it can often feel difficult for your family member, but they are so happy you didn’t freak out on them, that they say nothing.

I know so many people, including myself, who have parents who have ”accepted“ their gay children. They say they accept them, and in their minds, they do. But, the the things they say, and their deep seeded feelings about having a gay child, are hard to hear. They brag about how they accepted them like they are a hero. They aren’t.

They did what a good parent would do. You aren’t a saint for not making us feel like a piece of trash and loving us for what we are. But, that doesn’t mean you understand or really have our best interests at heart, because you accepting us in your mind means not shunning us or kicking us out of the family. That isn’t truly accepting.

Some gay men do refer to themselves as queens. If your son had been one who did, hopefully you would have been just as accepting.

I’m not trying to be rude to you, but I’ve seen your posts too many times regarding this issue, and you do seem to believe that you are somehow enlightened and we should believe that you bring more to the table because you have a gay son that you didn’t turn away. That isn’t enough.
Hey Jules...............what are your thoughts on my post about how women are always being depreciated?
Hey Jules...............what are your thoughts on my post about how women are always being depreciated?

I doubt you want to hear what’s coming your way on that pile of crap. Lol.

Everything you said up until the last sentence I can totally agree with, but somehow a gay guy winning homecoming queen is going to come to the heights of the other things you mentioned?? Like a woman’s worth would have anything to do with a popularity contest in high school? If a woman had been reigned king would you have thought all men were being degraded? The guys on here acting like this is somehow a blow to women, like this would mean anything to the vast majority of women is hilarious. It’s a giant nothing.
Okay. Have it your way.

As "well as you know me", I still have issues and bigotry towards gays.

Nah, I'm not some hero. I wasn't aware I claimed that. If you took it that way, my bad.

So, I have a gay son I didn't turn away...........and some how I am still a bigot, and biased, and not enlightened.

Got it.

I will make sure to never speak about my son again, because I hate being falsely accused of B.S.
I think you misunderstood my intent.
Your post read like a "celebration of arch" because you kept referring to all the positive comments from his friends about "you." It went the way most of your posts do that are not centered in degrading others. It's about celebrating arch.

Maybe if you would have celebrated your son's wedding instead of yourself, Jules would have been more appreciative of your post?
Perhaps you are right. I will refrain from speaking about my son in the future. And my daughter. And my wife, and myself...........because, after all, anytime I speak about my wife, their are some that want to attack me. It's my bad for thinking people might get jack out of my posts.

They don't, obviously.
Like I said, I knew you would take it the wrong way. We could all actually have a decent conversation about this subject. I never called you a name. But again, accepting a gay family member is not a get out of jail free card when it comes to the subject. I am not calling you a bad person, Arch, I have never alluded to anything like that, I just can’t sit back and read certain things and not comment. I have that right and there are times when I can’t be silent.
I might have, we can talk about your real intent if you want to elaborate.
Your post read like a "celebration of arch" because you kept referring to all the positive comments from his friends about "you." It went the way most of your posts do that are not centered in degrading others. It's about celebrating arch.

Maybe if you would have celebrated your son's wedding instead of yourself, Jules would have been more appreciative of your post?

Damn................reading that made me think of you, and how awesome you tell us you are.

I feel like a heel.

YOU are the only one allowed to tell us how great you are, be it football 'knowledge', teaching, ...........hell, really anything. You are so awesome not even YOU can fathom it.
So what do you want from me? Honestly. Supporting a gay family member isn't enough. According to you. What the hell would make you happy?
I was trying to talk about how women are always taking a back seat to men. I'm talking about how hard it is for females to infiltrate male organizations. Yet, it's pretty easy for males to invade female arenas.

I think the there is an inherent bias against women that dominates almost everything we do. It is as if it has occured for so long, that folks just overlook it.

My daughter was the faster than any boy in the her middle school. She destroyed the girls. Yet, she was not permitted to compete on the Boy's track team because she was a "girl." I called BS, but of course, I didn't win.

She was also a superior Math student. Ranked in the 99th percentile [there is no 100 percentile] yet she was encouraged to pursue English, which was a subject she was good at, but did not excel in.

I think that society limits females in many ways. But, champion the rights of others.
So what do you want from me? Honestly. Supporting a gay family member isn't enough. According to you. What the hell would make you happy?

No, it’s not enough. I can see this conversation is over. Take care, Arch.

I think the there is an inherent bias against women that dominates almost everything we do. It is as if it has occured for so long, that folks just overlook it.

Could you then explain to us all why you recently challenged Eve that you "know more than her" when it comes to football? Is it because she is a woman or do you honestly believe that? And if so, why do you believe that?

Oh, and before you scream that my questioning is an insult...take a look at a few posts above where you actually insulted arch simply for the sake of insulting him because you don't like him.

Jules' direct questions towards arch has significantly more gravity & weight and is a legitimate difficult question that deserves introspective thought.

Yours, not so much.
Like I said, all of that is very true. There is no doubt about any of that, you can see it on this board every day. If you want to insult someone people here, call them a woman or a girl. Even those who pretend to care about how women are treated.

It’s so prevalent and still pretty much accepted. It’s amazing that a majority can be treated as women are, and many times we are our own worst enemies.

But again, this story is not part of the oppression of women in any way, in my opinion.
Jc

So I’m going to ask a silly question...

Did the majority of girls in the high school support AND vote for him?

Because if they did.....then what are the guys in this thread whining about?
Maybe I am wrong. It just irks me that males can infiltrate female endeavors, but are still shunned from male dominated fields.

And Jules, I already said it, but just so you know for sure, I have nothing against homosexuals. I don't "celebrate" them, but I support their right to be who they are. I just think females are always being pushed into secondary roles.
Whining?

Screw it. Another thread derailed by BS insults.
arch, I don't really see how not talking about your son anymore is that much different than before. You rarely ever mention him at all now. In the past, when you did, it was usually to show how you accept gay people because you had a gay son.

We see you post about Sooga all the time. About her games, her education, about things you did together. So much so I'm sure some people even feel like they know her.

I for one would actually like to see you post more about him.

I'm glad he is happy and very glad you were there and enjoyed his wedding.
I don't mention him much because he is doing awesome in his life. And if I mention how well he's doing, it's obvious some will come after me.

Hell, I can't support him without someone telling me I'm not doing enough..........or "oh, it's all about you"

I was there. I'm glad I was there. He's glad I was there. My wife, his step mom, was there. He and she get along better than you can believe. Daughter was there as well. Well, his sister. I don't want to make this about me, or us.

I won't be posting about him, or my daughter, very much, if at all. For said reasons.
I'll just repeat that I'm glad you and your family were there and that both your family and him enjoyed the wedding and he is happy.
I'll just repeat that I'm glad you and your family were there and that both your family and him enjoyed the wedding and he is happy.

This. Congrats Arch. As far as your commentary on the subject, I'm not sure mine would be much different, after all, you can't do much besides tell the story from your own perspective.
Well, apparently that is frowned upon - telling something from my own perspective, that is.

Yet, I'm not allowed to tell something from someone else's perspective because "You haven't lived that life", or "You never served in the military" or .........it goes on, ad nauseum.

Who cares. My son is doing great, so is my daughter. Period.
Arch, personal attacks over sharing things about your family or attacks on our families should be off limits period. I absolutely agree with you on that, and it's why I stopped posting anything personal on here.

That said, the attack is not on your son or family but on your perception of being on the 'woke' side of this issue. For example, accepting and loving your son no matter what is the absolute right thing. Prefacing his wedding with 'I went to a gay wedding and enjoyed it' is somewhat Archie Bunker-esque in that you can't see what's wrong with it. I don't think anyone is questioning your love for your son or accepting that he is gay. I think it's them saying you still have a degree of LGBT prejudice that shines through your statements. Again, this doesn't make you bad, or a bad father, or a bigot IMHO. It just makes you like many others, not aware of the perceptions we create with our words when we discuss these sensitive issues. I feel for you on this one bro, because you mean no harm and that is obvious.
Okay.

Let me put it this way: I had thoughts, prior to my son coming out.

It's easy to 'judge', until it's family, and you look back on the history and think "It wasn't a choice he made. It's who he is, and has been."

So, in that sense, I HAVE been 'woke', as you put it.

But screw it. I don't care what people think of me. I'm learning, every day, about this type of thing, and a myriad of other things not even semi related to gay.
Okay.

It's easy to 'judge', until it's family, and you look back on the history and think "It wasn't a choice he made. It's who he is, and has been."

But screw it. I don't care what people think of me. I'm learning, every day, about this type of thing, and a myriad of other things not even semi related to gay.

I know we go at each other's throats in PP, but in this instance I got your back. You love your kid and that's all that matters.
You have to be kidding me.

These are definitely the end times.
I want to make this clear. I did not attack your family. I just said you were making the story about you rather than your son.

Also, who wants to guess which poster insinuated that my daughter was stupid because she called me before she called the local gas and electric company? Who wants to guess which poster questioned if my son really had cancer or not? Which poster has continually doubted that my "Hispanic wife" really made that much money? Which poster challenged whether or not I actually had a tumor?

Of all people to complain about this kinda crap? Pfffttttt...
I want to make this clear. I did not attack your family. I just said you were making the story about you rather than your son.

Also, who wants to guess which poster insinuated that my daughter was stupid because she called me before she called the local gas and electric company? Who wants to guess which poster questioned if my son really had cancer or not? Which poster has continually doubted that my "Hispanic wife" really made that much money? Which poster challenged whether or not I actually had a tumor?

Of all people to complain about this kinda crap? Pfffttttt...

How many victim cards can you fit in your pockets?
Facts suck don't they? Of course your side hasn't been about accountability lately.
I have a side?
What side would that that be?
Okay.

I respect your vulnerability and the fact that you are re-examining yourself and your beliefs. That's the honorable thing to do...recognize past mistakes, learn from them and keep growing and learning as a human being. That's what all of us should do in order to strive to be better people and to understand the differing perspectives, stories and footsteps of everybody from all intersections of human life. Eventually all of our intersections cross, or will do, at some point or another.

And, ignore Mr. V...he has his agenda, yet whenever he gets challenged or somebody differs in opinion he is always the first to whine and play victim.
The dark side.

The darkest of sides

The deep side.
Originally Posted By: FATE

This. Congrats Arch. As far as your commentary on the subject, I'm not sure mine would be much different, after all, you can't do much besides tell the story from your own perspective.

Same here. I am genuinely happy for you and your family, and that you shared the story with us. As much as the football expert here accuses others of bullying and piling on, he sure jumped at an opportunity to do it to you. Disgusting.

Delete. I will put it in a PM.
Originally Posted By: Swish
The dark side.

The darkest of sides

The deep side.

I dont have a side. I take great pride in being a singularity.
j/c:

Alright, I PMed that person and he said what I did was low and to own it. So, I am going public.

I did not say one negative word about arch's son. I said he was drawing attention to himself rather than his son. I don't think that is nearly as "disgusting" as jfan would put it as:

--arch making multiple posts about my daughter being stupid because she called me before she called the electric and gas company after a tree fell on her house during a storm. She respects my opinion and asked for it. That does not make her "dumb."

--My son had cancer. On multiple occasions, arch questioned whether he really did or not. I'm a parent, y'all. It was emotional. I was hoping it was me rather than my son w/cancer. Many board members provided a lot of support during that time and I am eternally grateful. But arch brought a lot of pain w/his accusations. It's my son! And you are playing personality games? Really?

--He has consistently questioned how my "Hispanic wife" could make so much money? Why? Because she is Hispanic? Seriously? What century is this?

--This one does not bother me as much because it is not about my family, but I had a tumor on my carotid artery and arch has acted like I made the entire thing up on multiple occasions.

And, I am "disgusting?"

Nah man..............suspend me or whatever, but I am not backing down on this one. Don't freaking talk about my family!

j/c:

Alright, I PMed that person and he said what I did was low and to own it. So, I am going public.

I did not say one negative word about arch's son. I said he was drawing attention to himself rather than his son. I don't think that is nearly as "disgusting" as jfan would put it as:

--arch making multiple posts about my daughter being stupid because she called me before she called the electric and gas company after a tree fell on her house during a storm. She respects my opinion and asked for it. That does not make her "dumb."

--My son had cancer. On multiple occasions, arch questioned whether he really did or not. I'm a parent, y'all. It was emotional. I was hoping it was me rather than my son w/cancer. Many board members provided a lot of support during that time and I am eternally grateful. But arch brought a lot of pain w/his accusations. It's my son! And you are playing personality games? Really?

--He has consistently questioned how my "Hispanic wife" could make so much money? Why? Because she is Hispanic? Seriously? What century is this?

--This one does not bother me as much because it is not about my family, but I had a tumor on my carotid artery and arch has acted like I made the entire thing up on multiple occasions.

And, I am "disgusting?"

Nah man..............suspend me or whatever, but I am not backing down on this one. Don't freaking talk about my family!

The only thing you "owned" there is your victim card.

https://www.lifehack.org/287448/14-signs-someone-always-playing-the-victim
j/c:

And, I am "disgusting?"

BUT, it's ok for you to insult and use slanderous and defamatory language to others? I've also seen multiple times where you have been totally out of line and disgusting with people, even threatening violence, and it led to the posts being removed and you getting suspended. So, yeah...it doesn't work like that. You don't get to call the shots and then cry foul when it comes back at you.
© DawgTalkers.net