DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: RocketOptimist Good News Thread - 11/20/20 05:39 PM
2020 has been....(insert choice word here)

My 2020 got a little better a couple of months ago. My wife and I found out we'll be parents in June. This will be our first child. Doctors visits have checked out so far and we're super excited.

Note to future parents and partners of those who are pregnant: Eggos will save your life.

What's some of your good news?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/20/20 06:07 PM
Congrats!!

My good news is still in the hopeful stage.
My art career is taking off. Today we have our last video conference with a group in Colorado that may hire us for a big build. We’re one of three finalists for the contract. If we get it I may have the ability to step away from nursing. The money I can make in three months on this project is greater than my yearly nursing wage. We also have a build that we’re currently working on that is a commissioned piece. It’s a temporary placement in a city park, then it’s ours again. We’re currently looking to sell the piece once it’s back in our possession. If we sell it I’ll earn twice my nursing wage on that sale alone.
At some point I have to take the leap of faith and go all in. I’m really hoping 2021 offers this opportunity. Maybe dreams can come true.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Good News Thread - 11/20/20 06:13 PM
Congrats to you!

We also just found out we'll be adding to the family (arrival date is shortly after yours).
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/20/20 07:38 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Congrats to you!

We also just found out we'll be adding to the family (arrival date is shortly after yours).

You know there’s other ways of riding out a lockdown you two. Geez. Now in just 13 short years until you both have quaran-teens.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/20/20 08:00 PM
Congrats to you, and portland.

My good news comes from bad news. My cousin, 26 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child, had her dam break about 10 days ago. (water broke). She was hospitalized and told she would remain so until the baby was born, and that the longer, the better.

Well, she delivered last night. An almost 3 lb baby. Doctors have said they are pleased with how he's doing. At this point.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/21/20 05:09 AM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

My good news comes from bad news. My cousin, 26 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child, had her dam break about 10 days ago. (water broke). She was hospitalized and told she would remain so until the baby was born, and that the longer, the better.

Well, she delivered last night. An almost 3 lb baby. Doctors have said they are pleased with how he's doing. At this point.

Deepest best wishes, arch.
I always pull for those fighters who swing way up against their weight.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/21/20 05:44 PM
Congratulations, Rocket!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/21/20 06:28 PM
Congrats bro! What is a small rocket? Missile? Put that on the top of the name list for your wife to choose... wink
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/22/20 12:58 AM
Congrats to you and your MUCh better half smile
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Good News Thread - 11/22/20 01:06 AM
Went to Krogers the other day and got 3 pork sirloin roasts for $37, the sticker for all 3 was $185. Got a great deal.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Good News Thread - 11/22/20 03:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Went to Krogers the other day and got 3 pork sirloin roasts for $37, the sticker for all 3 was $185. Got a great deal.

????????????????? 3 pork roasts for $185?????? How big were they .... 30# each?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/22/20 03:41 AM
Today I bought a 12 pack of TP for 10 bucks. I was not amused.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Good News Thread - 11/22/20 04:05 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

I just stocked up. I was too close to out before.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Good News Thread - 11/22/20 05:40 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

There was actually 6 roasts in the 3 bags. Final price/pound was $.99
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Good News Thread - 11/22/20 06:13 AM

There was actually 6 roasts in the 3 bags. Final price/pound was $.99

Darn .... I was going to sell you some prime hamburger for just $9.99/lb. rofl
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Good News Thread - 11/23/20 05:26 PM

The good news is that you found some? :-p
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Good News Thread - 11/23/20 07:19 PM
Congrats and best wishes on the child Rocket. Truly a special time.

My good news, under normal circumstances, wouldn't really qualify as news at all... but everything is OK.

My job has gone uninterrupted and is stable, my wife's job was temporarily interrupted by has resumed and is stable.

Both my kids have jobs that are stable for them. My daughter is doing great in her senior year of HS from home.

Everybody is healthy and relatively happy... Frustrated at times, wanting to bust out and do more stuff, sure... but we are dealing with it. In some ways it has brought us all closer..

So my good news, is that I don't really have any bad news. Which in 2020, is a good thing.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/23/20 07:44 PM
Just got news on my good news... unfortunately it’s bad news. We didn’t get the contract. They told us we were a “very close second”. Sadly second place doesn’t pay the bills or get me out of nursing. No looking back. We’ve applied for a few more gigs over the past few weeks. Here’s hoping one or two comes through over the next couple of months.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Good News Thread - 11/23/20 11:51 PM

The good news is that you found some? :-p

I get mine every two weeks at Dollar General. They always have Angel Soft (lavender) 12 rolls, $5.
Posted By: FATE Re: Good News Thread - 11/24/20 12:25 AM
Wow! Congrats to you and the wife, Rocket! There is no greater blessing. wink
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/24/20 02:37 AM
you going to name the baby PandemRocketjrgotbornthroughtit ? smile

So very happy to hear your good news and sharing your good news is sometimes all we need to cheer up a day.

I did have some good news. My Youngest Daughter Keeley who was in the head on car collision a few years back was blessed with being able to buy a house. She came over yesterday with her Partner Katie and shared the very good news with me.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/24/20 02:38 AM
Quote:
Maybe dreams can come true.

They do. And big hopes prayers and wishes they do for you.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/24/20 02:45 AM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
you going to name the baby PandemRocketjrgotbornthroughtit ? smile

No it’s obvious, by what we know of Perfect, the baby will be named, if a boy, Donald Eric Ivanka (Perfect’s last name). If a girl, Ivanka Erica Melania (Perfect’s last name).
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/24/20 02:47 AM
Wow those are beautiful names. grin
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/25/20 07:18 AM
Congratulations again Rocket.

My good news is my son finally got a job in his field, bought a new car and most importantly paid for his own insurance! lol.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 11/28/20 07:16 PM

Can't believe I forgot this: The little fellows name is......Baker. (cousin is a big Browns fan)
Posted By: mac Re: Good News Thread - 12/02/20 10:32 PM
arch...thoughts and prayers for Baker and his family.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/02/20 10:55 PM
Thanks. Heard yesterday he is now a 3 pounder and doing as well as could/can be expected.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Good News Thread - 12/06/20 05:54 PM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
2020 has been....(insert choice word here)

What's some of your good news?

This year has been challenging for myself and my wife. We are both essential workers, my wife being in law enforcement, and my line of work falling under the bank umbrella (even though we really aren't a bank)

Wife and I had been in our crappy apartment since February of 2008. Landlord is human garbage. In April, smackdab of the middle of the pandemic, he knocked on my door, handed me our new lease (up at end of month) and walked away. When I opened it, he increased our rent by almost 150 dollars a month. We flat out told him we were not paying, as the apartment was in bad shape, and he has made only cosmetic changes, or ones that save him money (like low flow toilets).

We continued to pay what we had been paying, he cashed the checks, but we knew we had to get out. We looked into buying a house, as we had planned on waiting a year, while paying off debt and saving more money.

We saw over 40 houses. We had offers on 5. We were outmuscled by other buyers. We had very little leverage in an unbelievably competitive market that slanted heavily toward sellers.

In August we closed on a beautiful house in Bolingbrook, IL. A week before close, someone showed up at my door to give me a letter that basically said the landlord wanted us to give up tenancy. This wasn't even an official later. It was only signed by him, he just didn't have the guts to do it himself.

Last week I was notified by my job that I was promoted to team lead.

I also bought a smoker for my new house and have been having a blast making different stuff on it.

I don't know what the opposite of taking things for granted is ,but we had been doing that for over a decade, and are now enjoying a lot of the small things that come with a house. Free laundry, and you dont have to leave the house. Central air. Heat that works. A backyard that the dog can't get enough of. Neighbors that are really nice.

This year has sucked, but I am proud for what my wife and I have been through cause it was a very depressing time being in that apartment during this pandemic.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 12/06/20 06:33 PM
If this site had a heart emoji, I'd be using one. There is just so much awesome in there.

Congrats to you and the wife!
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/06/20 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
If this site had a heart emoji, I'd be using one. There is just so much awesome in there.

Maybe you should talk to the owner about adding one rofl

And great story Sperg, get that smoker going! I’ve got a 2.5lb prime rib I’ve had in a sous vide bath since 2 that I’ll be smoking and searing in a few hours on my Green Egg.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 12/06/20 10:01 PM
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg

And great story Sperg, get that smoker going! I’ve got a 2.5lb prime rib I’ve had in a sous vide bath since 2 that I’ll be smoking and searing in a few hours on my Green Egg.

No way, that guy's a jack-ass grin
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/06/20 10:14 PM

Can’t argue with that..... wink
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/06/20 10:42 PM

I've heard that.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Good News Thread - 12/07/20 01:12 AM
The Browns are 9-3.
Posted By: FATE Re: Good News Thread - 12/07/20 01:32 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
The Browns are 9-3.

Best news I've heard in a loooong time!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 12/07/20 05:04 PM
I sold my house.

I don't yet have one to move to, but mine is sold (Pending) and I basically got asking price for it!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Good News Thread - 12/07/20 05:37 PM
Great news man! Hope the search for the new one goes as well.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/07/20 05:43 PM
Good for you! You really made it nice. The new owner should be really happy.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Good News Thread - 12/07/20 06:16 PM

dang that sounds amazing!

i got the pit barrel on the recommendation from a buddy. I love this thing. It's star pupil is ribs, and they come out so good. The market by my new place sells meat pretty cheap, and I can get two racks of baby back for like 13 bucks.

It's fun too. Messing with different woods, maintaining the barrel so its getting the right heat.

I love getting up super early and getting stuff on it, esp on football sundays so i can have good eats ready for the Browns!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/07/20 10:51 PM
Not so much good news as a good deed. Click through to see the video:

Dad saves the day by singing National Anthem when audio goes out at son's basketball game

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/videos/d...basketball-game
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 12/11/20 07:46 PM
More Good News:

I found a house and am moving to something more rural-ish with a barn.

Also, my Dad is feeling great and has cleared covid quarantine; his illness and symptoms have dramatically cleared with a complete recovery of smell/taste.
My step mom tested negative, but there's no way she was... but, she never got worse than a mild illness and she will clear quarantine in a day or so, I think.
My cousin and my brother, both of whom helped my aunt the day she went to the E.R., remain clear and with no symptoms.

My aunt ended up on a ventilator, but the past several days they have been testing running the vent in CPAP mode to let her breathe on her own. Today, as of this morning, she is breathing on her own ok and they were planning to take her off the ventilator at noon, but needed to clear out some secretions first. We won't know how that went until about 5pm when we get the next update, but it is still absolutely fantastic progress as she is 83.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Good News Thread - 12/11/20 08:17 PM
Great news on all fronts. Glad to hear it. thumbsup
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/21/20 10:08 PM

Baker, the 2 lb 15 oz little boy, born 14 weeks early?

The kid that some feel it's just fine to kill?

He's now 4 lbs and doing great.

I get that some would say "well, he was just a blob of cells and couldn't make it on his own." hey, a 1 year old can't make it on their own, right? A 2 year old couldn't make it on their own.

Dudes fighting, and doctors are helping him, no doubt. Just like doctors help 11 year olds, or 30 year olds, or 50, or 80 year olds.

Some say "Eh, kill'em".
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/22/20 12:20 AM

Baker, the 2 lb 15 oz little boy, born 14 weeks early?

The kid that some feel it's just fine to kill?

He's now 4 lbs and doing great.

I get that some would say "well, he was just a blob of cells and couldn't make it on his own." hey, a 1 year old can't make it on their own, right? A 2 year old couldn't make it on their own.

Dudes fighting, and doctors are helping him, no doubt. Just like doctors help 11 year olds, or 30 year olds, or 50, or 80 year olds.

Some say "Eh, kill'em".

Nope. Not a blob of cells. A wanted birth. Big difference.
Glad he’s doing okay.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Good News Thread - 12/22/20 04:06 PM
You know how it is when people just can't help themselves but to interject politics in other forums.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Good News Thread - 12/24/20 02:49 PM
So in my little corner of the world effective Jan 2 you guys can refer to me as DETECTIVE Devil! 11 years on the street done. Its about on course with where I thought I'd be. Coming in to the job I felt like 10yrs on patrol would be about the right amount of time in terms of gathering experience as well as being able to say I "paid my dues". My in initial assignment will be General investigations, mostly misdemeanors and low level felony type stuff. After spending some time there I'll be able to work my way in to some of the other disciplines.
Posted By: FATE Re: Good News Thread - 12/24/20 03:11 PM
Great job Dawg... Congrats!

Hard work pays off. wink
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Good News Thread - 12/24/20 03:56 PM
Congratulations Dawg!
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/24/20 06:51 PM
Congratulations to you! (I may need to pm sometime.)
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Good News Thread - 12/27/20 02:44 PM
Congrats. My younger sister recently became a sheriff. She recently got her first promotion (?)... moved from the women's prison to the courtroom. That move was more of a sigh of relief than anything else. Being in that environment was changing her, and not for the better.

Anyways, back to you. Congrats. Which stereotypical TV detective do you think you'd be?
Posted By: Swish Re: Good News Thread - 12/27/20 02:56 PM
Like a dumbass I flew my drone in the snowstorm recently. Lost signal and was freaking out.

Thankfully the thing has a fly home mode where if it loses signal it automatically flies back to home base. I thought that was gonna be 2k out the window.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Good News Thread - 12/27/20 03:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

Thankfully the thing has a fly home mode where if it loses signal it automatically flies back to home base. I thought that was gonna be 2k out the window.

That's amazing. I didn't know drones could do that.
Posted By: Swish Re: Good News Thread - 12/27/20 03:59 PM
Yea the DJI drones have what’s called a failsafe return to home where it will go back to the home location point if it loses signal.

I’m super thankful it actually works. Cause I definitely had that boy over Lake Erie when I lost signal.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Good News Thread - 12/27/20 11:57 PM

Congrats.....Which stereotypical TV detective do you think you'd be?

Yes devil, congrats! But I wanna know the answer to oober’s question.

You gonna be like Columbo, or Sipowitz, John McLean?

That guy in Law & Order (pick one but I’m thinking Jerry)?

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Good News Thread - 12/27/20 11:58 PM
He needs a disheveled coat.
Posted By: FATE Re: Good News Thread - 12/28/20 12:43 AM
Damn bro, I just have a cheapie... I bet your heart was in your throat when you thought she was missing!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 12/28/20 05:50 PM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
He needs a disheveled coat.

Don't we all.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 12:19 AM
Congrats. My younger sister recently became a sheriff. She recently got her first promotion (?)... moved from the women's prison to the courtroom. That move was more of a sigh of relief than anything else. Being in that environment was changing her, and not for the better.

Anyways, back to you. Congrats. Which stereotypical TV detective do you think you'd be?

I'm glad your sister got an opportunity for a change of scenery like that. This is the kind of job I think will at sometime or another start to change how you see and look at things. You have to be able to recognize those changes and be honest about whether or not its something that is going to send you down a dark rabbit hole. My wife was a bailiff for a bit with her last agency. There is a lot of monotony to it BUT you also get to have a front row view of some really interesting cases. I hope it works out for her.

As for what TV detective I'd like to emulate? That's so tough! I have made it known I want to be assigned to any and all Xx-Files type cases AND I wanted the Epstein case. I think getting one is more likely than the other so we'll see. That would put me in the shoes of Foxx Mulder which would be cool. I've always liked David Duchovny's hair.

Joe Friday from Dragnet is good, but his personality is too flat.

Barney Miller is probably more my speed.

Although a Browns buddy of mine here at the department also got promoted and got the same assignment so realistically we're looking at a Cagney and Lacey dynamic.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 03:21 AM
rofl

If I had to emulate a TV detective, I'd probably go with Hank from Chicago PD. A little old school mixed with a whole lot of knowing when to walk the line. I'm happy for you Devil.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 04:22 AM
Nobody asked, but I'd hope to be Frank Pembleton from "Homicide: Life On The Street."
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 04:27 AM
No one wants to be Monk? rofl
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 04:29 AM
Guess who I'd be.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 05:37 AM
Nah.
Think I'll pass, this time, bruh.

I'm awful at guessing games. I never make the right choice.

I think it would be much cooler if you simply told us all about your detective identity... like all the rest of us have done.

Don't make us guess.
If we have to ask too many questions, you just might end up being a suspect-

just sayin-

wink
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 06:04 AM
I asked, cause I don't know.

My son found out recently that his i.d. had been stolen and used to get a credit card. Between he and I, we traced it to a person in Ill. The Columbus police filled out a report, verified our information, and we think things are taken care of.

I even know where the guy works, and was so close to calling his place of employment. But, I/we will let the proper authorities take care of it.

People like that jack ass piss me off.

I don't watch t.v. shows, so I don't know what detective I'd be.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 12:12 PM
So long as you're 100% sure you have the right guy, I would make the call. One of the most frustrating things about ID theft is the guilty parties are almost never caught.

You have a chance to catch one of those people, you go scorched earth (imo). You have to be REALLY sure, though.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 03:32 PM
I asked, cause I don't know.

My son found out recently that his i.d. had been stolen and used to get a credit card. Between he and I, we traced it to a person in Ill. The Columbus police filled out a report, verified our information, and we think things are taken care of.

I even know where the guy works, and was so close to calling his place of employment. But, I/we will let the proper authorities take care of it.

People like that jack ass piss me off.

I don't watch t.v. shows, so I don't know what detective I'd be.

Jim Rockford
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 09:22 PM
I guess that's good?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 12/29/20 09:24 PM
Well, the call was made. To the Columbus PD. And, of course, to the CC company/bank, along with my son being in contact with the fraud dept. at said bank.

But, yeah, it's the correct guy.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Good News Thread - 01/09/21 12:50 AM
I picked my 15yo sophomore up from high school today. After we talked a minute, she says I was told what my class rankings are, Out of about 500 kids in her class, she told me she is 1st in non-weighted GPA, and 2nd in weighted GPA. Great job kid.

Hoping for a full ride in mathematics to OSU in her future. By the time she finishes high school she tells me she will maybe two classes short of an associate’s degree. NICE
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 01/09/21 12:54 AM
Awesome for her, and you. I was elated that Sooga had s semester under her belt when she started college, let alone your daughter having an associates degree.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Good News Thread - 01/09/21 01:01 AM
I won my appeal with the insurance company so they will cover a procedure for me, so that is definitely good. The thing that sucked is that their "72 hour expedited appeal" too more than 3 weeks.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Good News Thread - 01/09/21 02:25 AM
I won my appeal with the insurance company so they will cover a procedure for me, so that is definitely good. The thing that sucked is that their "72 hour expedited appeal" too more than 3 weeks.

I fully appreciate what an accomplishment this is. Congrats!
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Good News Thread - 01/09/21 09:31 AM
So your saying they run about as fast as you and I thumbsup
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Good News Thread - 01/15/21 12:46 AM
GC. I set out to find out what was on the sign thrown in the trash on the commercial,
no cussin, no fussin, and no backtalking.

Along the way I just grow nostalgic to make a big sign,

no cussin no fussin, no mussin
no hasselin, no wrastlin, Go Massilin, or No Massilin

no spittin, no sittin, no whopwoah, no quittin
no lackin, no slackin, no jackin, -hijacking-,
no stalking, no talking, no jumping, Simmer Down

no napping, no kidnapping, no daydreamin, no nightmaring, no teasing the dog

No slapping, no clapping, no pillow fighting, no snowball fighting, no food fighting,

no hustlin, no tustlin, no rustling,
no ramblin no gamblin, no shamblin, no ridin the dirtbike,
and if Momma ai'nt happy
and what Momma don't know, don't let, No Tattltalin

No backtalkin, backstabbin, sleepwalkin, no lyin, no fibbin, no keepin secrets
and no tearing down

no sittin at the kitchen table without a shirt on,

no fakin, no shakin, no break dancing,
no breakin- skateboard
no breakin- bmx bike
no breakin- break things

no water fights, no nerf guns, no darts, no farts,
no laughin, no smashin, and no crashin,

no thrashin, no trashin, and no splashin,

pick up what you spill, put it back where you found it, and pick up your feet when you walk.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Good News Thread - 01/15/21 02:46 AM
My fellow is a huge Chargers fan. He is very much into collecting sports memoralbilia.

He had ordered some Christmas presents for me. They finally came so we had Christmas tonight.

He got me two collectable footballs.

This first one is from Tim Couch era. Its a mini football from Burger King. It matches my Tim Couch bobblehead doll from McDs.

I dont know all of the players on there, but its really cool. I'm going to try to find the other two in the set.

The second one is pretty epic. It's a full sized football with a brief history of the Browns on one side and logo on the other. Its 3d not flat. I cant describe how awesome this football is. There were 20K of them made.

So now my bobblehead doll has some Browns company in my office. <3

My fellow did good.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Good News Thread - 01/15/21 03:07 AM
Also we decided to go to the Browns V Chargers game in LA next season. Assuming they allow fans. I havent ever been to LA and their new stadium looks awesome. It should be a good time.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Good News Thread - 01/15/21 02:42 PM
Also we decided to go to the Browns V Chargers game in LA next season. Assuming they allow fans. I havent ever been to LA and their new stadium looks awesome. It should be a good time.

I used to live in San Diego, and also went to one of the games when they had their temporary stadium in LA. Chargers fans, in general, are... mellow. Don't worry about wearing your Browns gear and getting a ton of grief.

The new stadium is in (one of) the armpits of LA, though. Don't cheap out by parking far away from the stadium.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Good News Thread - 01/16/21 04:13 AM

I will be at that game as well. I live in LA though so it’s not much of a journey. No one has been to the new stadium but it’s a palace. When you fly into LAX you fly right over it. It’s huge.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Good News Thread - 01/16/21 04:13 AM
The Browns are in the second round of the playoffs.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Good News Thread - 01/16/21 07:07 AM
Eve, bring cfrs some water. They need it in California.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Good News Thread - 01/16/21 04:21 PM

Maybe after these 90 degree January days we'll need it again soon but right now no water necessary.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Good News Thread - 01/16/21 04:49 PM
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Good News Thread - 01/22/21 09:53 PM
My daughter is 15.5 years old, she just passed her test to get her temps. Now the fun starts.
Posted By: Southwestdawg Re: Good News Thread - 01/29/21 04:24 PM
My son had successful surgery to repair a torn bicep, labrum repair and bone spur removal. I had a similar surgery several years ago so I know the next few months are not going to be easy for him.
Posted By: Swish Re: Good News Thread - 01/29/21 05:20 PM
Bro what the hell happened?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Good News Thread - 01/29/21 05:21 PM
My daughter is 15.5 years old, she just passed her test to get her temps. Now the fun starts.
This is the GOOD news thread.... I think you're looking for a different convo....

:-p
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Good News Thread - 01/29/21 07:14 PM
I went through a similar injury. (a totally torn tendon) I was mostly back in about 3 months, but it was about 6 months before I was back to completely normal, and completely pain free.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Good News Thread - 01/30/21 10:30 AM

She is from Georgia. They don't have much water either. Many years ago their surveyor screwed up and set the boundary between Georgia and Tennessee about 2 miles south of where it was supposed to be set. Doing so kept Georgia from having access to the Tennessee river. It wasn't a big deal, and thus the boundary was set. No problem for 150 years, well, until Atlanta started to run out of water. Then it became a problem.

The good news is that every few years when Georgia lawmakers start taking action to reclaim the land and get access to the river, the courts laugh at them.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 02/24/21 03:32 PM
I tapped a couple of maple trees in my new yard yesterday. Two trees, two taps each. I collected about 2-1/2 gallons of sap yesterday and had about that much again waiting for me this morning.

I drank a couple of good mouthfuls of the sap yesterday, and gave some to the dogs.... such fresh, clean water with a nice, light sweetness to it!

I'm working from home and boiling sap to make syrup today (and for the next couple of weeks, it seems). That five gallons of sap should net me two 8oz bottles of syrup grin
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Good News Thread - 02/24/21 04:31 PM
Do they have to be sugar maples?

That's awesome by the way.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 02/24/21 05:50 PM
No they don't! Any kind of maple will do, though there are considerations to be made for varieties like Reds and Silvers that bud in the spring (you have to stop collecting as soon as they bud because the sap turns bitter as all the energy goes into the budding). Blacks and Sugars have a higher sugar content and the sap flows better, but you can even use Boxelder; the flavor will just change a little as will the sugar content, and thus the amount of sap you need to make your syrup.

As it is, with Sugars & Blacks, you need roughly 35 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Good News Thread - 02/25/21 02:42 AM
Oh nice! I asked because our nature center taps the trees and my kids like to go and help out. They told us they only tap the sugar maples. I will say we buy the syrup and it is damn good.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 02/26/21 03:26 AM
j/c

Good news? My neighbors son 17 years old - had a major surgery about 4 weeks back. (maybe more). Removed his appendix, part of his colon, his pancreas (yes, it was removed) and a few other things.

They, Cincy Childrens's hospital, took all the good cells they could from his pancreas, and injected them into his liver in the hopes the liver would grow those cells.

Things have gone so well, they allowed him to come home 2 weeks earlier than they thought he'd be able to.

He's still got a lot of recovery to do, and he'll never be fully over it..............but trust me, his family is elated, as they should be.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Good News Thread - 02/26/21 05:00 AM
This is astounding.

I know that every generation has said this since Mankind began healing herself, but damn...

...this is the kind of stuff that gives me hope for our species.

I live to experience stories like this.
Thank you for sharing this.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Good News Thread - 02/26/21 01:24 PM
That's great to hear! Cincy Children's is legit.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 02/26/21 10:48 PM
I'd never heard of removing a pancreas. How do you live without it?

What they are doing is amazing.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Good News Thread - 02/27/21 12:12 AM
My guess is an implanted insulin pump.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 02/27/21 12:19 AM
I think for now, yes. But I do think they are hoping the liver will cultivate the pancreatic cells, and do duel jobs?

Yes, he is now diabetic, and will be forever..............I don't know all the details, nor do I need to. The kid used to have apparently terrible pain after eating, and now doesn't.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Good News Thread - 02/28/21 12:46 AM
I'm down 50 lbs as of today. Took me 14 months to get here. Also, was having problems roller skating, pushing off my left foot. Was able to get off my cholesterol meds, and soon after, I was skating just like I did a few years ago. Yay!
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Good News Thread - 02/28/21 05:50 AM
Congrats!
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Good News Thread - 03/09/21 01:06 AM
My good news.. Mother in law finished my afghan!

Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Good News Thread - 03/09/21 06:32 PM
That's awesome! I just realized we followed each other, too.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Good News Thread - 03/16/21 06:54 AM
Wife and I are fully vaxxed and this means our son will most likely carry some immunity with him when he comes into the world in June.

But the real good news? I get to attend my wife’s next sonogram and I get to see a live view of him on Monday. I shed a few tears of happiness when I called and found out that I could be there with her. This will be the first one I can go to with her.

All tests and things have come back clean as a whistle. Knowing my luck, he’ll end up being late past due date and be a stubborn little booger like his father.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Good News Thread - 03/16/21 01:18 PM
Oh man, that is cool....
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Good News Thread - 03/16/21 06:43 PM
Wife and I are fully vaxxed and this means our son will most likely carry some immunity with him when he comes into the world in June.

But the real good news? I get to attend my wife’s next sonogram and I get to see a live view of him on Monday. I shed a few tears of happiness when I called and found out that I could be there with her. This will be the first one I can go to with her.

All tests and things have come back clean as a whistle. Knowing my luck, he’ll end up being late past due date and be a stubborn little booger like his father.

Maybe he will be a Republican. tongue
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Good News Thread - 03/16/21 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

If he is, they should put him back until he's fully baked. smh, why would anyone want to harm an unborn child like this by wishing GOPerism on him? People are sick. tongue
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Good News Thread - 03/16/21 11:16 PM
I’m not opposed to fiscal conservatism in certain cases!

Now conservative social policy on the other hand...eh.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 06/11/21 08:12 PM
Good news. Archbold beat Canton Central Catholic 1-0 in the d 3 state semifinal baseball game today.

Next up, state championship Sunday at 10 a.m. against Cincinnati Christian Academy.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Good News Thread - 06/11/21 09:55 PM
Good news. Archbold beat Canton Central Catholic 1-0 in the d 3 state semifinal baseball game today.

Next up, state championship Sunday at 10 a.m. against Cincinnati Christian Academy.

That's awesome! Good luck! I always pull for NWO, unless it's Central Catholic or Whitmer in football.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 06/11/21 10:45 PM
It IS awesome, considering everything.

They won using a freshman pitcher, holding my cousin's kid (the top pitcher) for the next game. Risky call, really. But, it worked.

I love seeing public schools do well in any tournament. Especially when it's MY public school.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 06/11/21 10:54 PM
https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/high-...obox=1623438447

For anyone with any interest.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Good News Thread - 06/12/21 01:00 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

If he is, they should put him back until he's fully baked.

Are you insinuating that Republicans are 'half-baked'? Lol.....
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Good News Thread - 06/12/21 05:23 PM
Cool Arch. My school (Fort Loramie) is playing right now in the D4 state semi-final game.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Good News Thread - 06/13/21 01:52 AM
I discovered Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy Paint.

It made my rusted 20 year old fridge look brand new.

It's magical and impossible to screw up.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 06/14/21 02:34 AM
How'd they do? I don't believe they made the finals, did they?

Archbold lost in the finals to Cin. Hills Christian Acadamy today, 4-1.

2 walks in a row in the second inning, add in an error, and 2 base hits - bam, you're down 4-0.

Only thing better than being first in the state is being second in the state.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Good News Thread - 06/14/21 04:12 AM
Stadium is an over the air television channel for people who don't pay for cable.

The indoor football league(s), have been a conglomeration of whatever for 20 years. On the game of the week, the comment

This is the first time partnership with stadium, The league was down to 6 teams and now has 12, It will be expanding to 18, including (some city), and Columbus Ohio. (in 2022)

Oh, I hadn't heard of Columbus Ohio getting Indoor football back, I remember the Ohio Glory, (was that World league?)
and the Columbus, uhh, had a boat logo, the destroyers, of years past, (AFL) - There have been different indoor and lesser outdoor leagues.

So, Thanks to the internet, I found the team name, Columbus Wild Dogs, rofl and a Crazy looking Logo,
Almost a Chewbacabra! looking Red eyed, logo with black, Off-wood-colored-brown/Gray, and Red Eyes,

I hope those are the team colors, (We've always had similar to Texans Blue, (blah!)

There are no players, and I didn't look but I guess no coaches, but, hey, why not be excited

Every other time, the Columbus team has stunk, maybe this time the'll be really really good.

So Good News.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Good News Thread - 06/14/21 04:30 PM
How'd they do? I don't believe they made the finals, did they?

Archbold lost in the finals to Cin. Hills Christian Acadamy today, 4-1.

2 walks in a row in the second inning, add in an error, and 2 base hits - bam, you're down 4-0.

Only thing better than being first in the state is being second in the state.

They lost their State Semi-final game to Warren JFK 3-2. Warren JFK was something like 18-11 on the year but they have 1 guy who is a really good pitcher, one of the best in the state and that is who we faced. He had an ERA of 0.38 and strikes out like 9 batters per 7 innings. We almost pulled it though, it was 3-1 in the 6th inning had a guy on and our best player up to bat (Shelby County League player of the year) and he hit a ball that went yard but it was like 15 feet foul and ended up striking out. We did score another run in the 7th but it wasn't enough.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Good News Thread - 09/22/21 09:43 PM
After 9 years on 3rd shift, I have decided to go to 1st shift. After my daughter got her license a month ago, and been driving safely to work and school for that time. It was finally time.

I have 2 years and 8 months to retire with 32 years as a correction officer. I will be 50 then. I think I got the perfect job to finish this up.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Good News Thread - 09/22/21 09:45 PM
Retiring at 50?
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Good News Thread - 09/22/21 10:21 PM
Retiring at 50?

Yep, 32 years as a correction officer is a long time. Gonna retire and do something I like to do. Not sure what that is yet, but I’m so tired of corrections.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Good News Thread - 09/23/21 12:19 AM
Congratulations! My brother is in the Sheriff's dept., and is going to retire next year, and continue working.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Good News Thread - 09/23/21 12:48 AM
Man I’d retire at 50 (next year) if I could. 25 years of nursing and I’m beat.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Good News Thread - 09/23/21 02:53 PM
Retiring at 50 was great planning on your part. Now you can work as you wish at what you wish. I'm happy for you!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Good News Thread - 09/23/21 11:20 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Retiring at 50 was great planning on your part. Now you can work as you wish at what you wish. I'm happy for you!

Thanks
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Good News Thread - 03/28/22 02:23 AM
I just watched an episode of Ed Sullivan (my favorite Sunday evening show) with Pearl Bailey doing a rendition of 'Winchester Cathedral' and talking about doing her own housework, and The Four Tops doing a medley of their hits leading into them introducing their new song "Bernadette".

That's enough for me to call it a good day.
© DawgTalkers.net