DawgTalkers.net
If you bad to listen to 1 song on a continuous loop for 24 hours what would your song be? Right now there is 1 that would for sure be mine:

"Going Back Home" - Jesse Marchant

Runners-Up:

"Third World Man" - Steely Dan

"Free" - Deniece Williams
Years ago, when I worked in Kent, there was an alt-rock station I used to listen to on my drive to work. They wound up doing a format flip to rap. On the final day of their alt-rock format, they played this song (for 24 hours straight)that was oddly appropriate.

I would never willingly choose a 24 hr earworm, no matter what the tune/piece.

As it is, the music in my head never never stops. Never. It's been like that for me ever since I was a kid. Music is on an endless feed from the moment I get out of bed until the moment I fall asleep.

An endless feed of orchestral passages, Gregorian chant, Salsa, Conjunto, marimba music from East Africa/Madagascar. Sly & the Family Stone, James Brown, Steely Dan... anything and everything I have absorbed in a lifetime of exposure. Right now, I'm hearing 'Rikki Don't Lose That Number' after hearing Horace Silver's 'Song For My Father.'

At least 3-4 times per week, an earworm will infest- and last for at least a day. Today, I woke up to the opening theme of 'Late Night w/ Stephen Colbert.' It stuck with me until mid-afternoon. By the end, I was improvising my own sax solos over the changes.

This non-stop background soundtrack keeps me on the very edge of sanity. I've learned to concentrate on tasks, hold up my own end of conversations, do math in my head, etc with this always in the background. If you have ever seen any Star Trek shows, it's like that constant low-level drone of the engines under everything that happens.

The only time my mind is not spontaneously creating/recreating music is when I'm actually playing- and then, I live with a continuous running internal monologue: "damn, that f was flat... careful, now- subdivide this bar, or you'll mis-time the bar... what tf is she doing? oh, that was sweet- nice solo, G..."

I'll never willingly choose any tune because 48 uninterrupted hours of it would ruin it for me- for life.

This has been exhausting. Decades of it. Never a moment's total silence.

I guess I'll get all the quiet I can handle once this dance come to an end.
I should of wrote your name in the ballet for president.
Naw, Dawg.
No time to run a country... I gotta practice.
I think I'm that way with prayer, and words, but not music.

Sometimes I could spend hours contemplating how a single word can mean so many things, but this is all in my mind, not on the outside, where the world demands you interact with it.
Anyone else ever have this happen to them.

nevermind.

You Know! Just because some people are so Dense! that they are stuck in the outside conscious world! And have type A (spit) similing personalities!

Doesn't make it right when they force you to interact with them and call you rude if you don't respond fast enough "Hop to" "seig heil" the freakin
cool person said "greeting" to you, you better answer in turn,
fast enough!
on demand! no matter what you may be busy with!

Cool people are the worst, dude.
the subconscious is way more interesting.

( all my songs are inappropriate)

( I'd like to get "baby shark" stuck in Clems' head just to mess with him.)
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
If you bad to listen to 1 song on a continuous loop for 24 hours what would your song be? Right now there is 1 that would for sure be mine:

I can't see your choice, it's just a white box as this device never loads youtube or whatever.

I think the song would be
Hark the Herald Angels sing. At least it has extra verses, and even foregin languages probably so that could add to the variety.
GC. Most likely to drive someone insane if they had to listen to it 24 hours straight on a loop?

(See that mcdonald's commercial just played,
" Ba duh buh buh baa" even without the "I'm lovin it" that used to accompany it.

24 hours of "Ba duh buh buh baah" on a loop, would drive someone insane.

There ought to be an endurance competition for how long someone could willingly listen to that.
Prize for winning? A kick to the groin, it'd be welcomed at that point.

edit: That is right around 3 seconds, so 28,800 loops in 24 hours. "ba duh buh buh baah"
Probably something by Led Zeppelin
I'm going with "Freebird" I would only hear the entire song six times laugh
I’d choose this version of the Grateful Dead song, Dark Star, from their performance at the Cleveland Public Hall, Cleveland, OH on 12/6/73.
On this night they turned it into a one hour and six minute jam. I’d not even have to hear it a full 24 times, but even if I did they worked it through so many different movements that it’d not get overly boring. It’d be similar to having jazz playing in the background.

Manic Monday, The Bangles.

Back in my drinking days when I was in the Navy and stationed overseas, I was particularly hungover one Monday and overslept like crazy. On his way out the door to work, my roommate put that CD in and played it on a loop and for the next hour as I struggled to get out of bed, I heard it over and over again..... so, it would be already familiar territory for me, which is why I chose it.
I never get tired of this song. It is in my head many times a day. In the mornings when I shower, I slap out the drum bridge on my gut. It sounds really cool in the shower! My wife always comments. Between the slapping, humming, and water running, I can't make out what she is saying, but no doubt she is pleased.

I have owned the vinyl of Horace Silver album "Song to My Father" since it came out. Also "Cape Verdean Blues" by Horace.

Love the rhythms of those photograph albums. Know all about the law suit against "Rikki Don't Lose that Number." Clearly came from Horace.

When I read the title my response was similar to yours.

I could listen to the album "Kind of Blue" and have for extended periods. In my mind the single greatest album.

I do get on kicks of people like Keb Mo, Ry Cooder, The Dead, and others where I will binge for days.

I will listen to someone and just can't turn them off.

Amy Winehouse, Billie Holiday where they just take over.

But a 24 loop no thanks.

I remember when "Can't Get No Satisfaction" came out back in radio days. And it seemed like whatever station you went to that song was on. To this day I can't listen to that record. And I love the The Stones.
Quote:
Anyone else ever have this happen to them.

nevermind.

Yes.

Quote:
( I'd like to get "baby shark" stuck in Clems' head just to mess with him.)

That will never happen, my friend.
I had one experience with this- "Song."
I stuffed a rag down its throat within the first 15 seconds... and I never looked back.

Like I said before: "I live on the edge of sanity" already.

I ain't tryna jump into the abyss.
Quote:
I can't see your choice, it's just a white box as this device never loads youtube or whatever.

Dawg... you're killing me.

Fix the settings on the devices you use to hang at this playground. The problem is on your end.

Where you see white boxes- everyone else sees embedded vids that are immediately accessible to anyone who wants to click on them.

Please PM someone you trust.
Ask them to help you set up your browser, so you can experience these threads the way we all see it.

You don't know what you're missing.
24-7 loop... ??? ... Well it would have to be Beck 'Loser'... NO NO NO!... It would have to be "The Macarena"... LMAO jk of course... I personally listen to crickets every day on a 24-7 loop due to tinnitus, so any white noise will work. And I can't think of any song I would want to hear that much.
Much like yourself, music is something that always runs though my head. It certainly isn't as diverse as your repertoire but still it covers several genres and decades from the 1950's until now. Some even go back as far as Robert Johnson.

Much like yourself, selecting one would feel like I committed multiple homicide to thousands more.
I just turned 16 when my father passed away in 1973 at the age of 37yrs, 6mos, and 5 days.

I still think of him daily.

Probably Mahlers 2nd or another long orchestra piece.
I have so many songs on my spotify it's stupid.

But, I gotta go w/something not on it.

The Orchestra of Opera North

Flashmob: Bolero

Clem??? If you and the Toledo Phil ever flashmob the Muni before a game, let us know. thumbsup

Devo. Whip it.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Devo. Whip it.

So many to chose from. I guess it would depend on the mood I was in, but this would fit the bill on an everyday normal day kinda day . . . . lol

I think I could listen to Traffic's "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" all day, because its a long but good song that seems to take all day already.

*EDIT: I always thought this song could have been subtitled "Charlie Brown Gets Stoned".
That whole album is phenomenal.
I was blessed enough to see Steve Winwood as the back up band to Tom Petty. What a show.
j/c

Thunderstuck
Easy......

Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Hot Violinist! Great song!
You all do realize that playing songs loudly on a continuous loop is a form of torture used by the United States Government?
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
You all do realize that playing songs loudly on a continuous loop is a form of torture used by the United States Government?
grin
Thank you for admitting the Unites States government uses torture. They were denying that for a long time. wink
Flashmobs from all over the world doing ELO'S "All Over The World".

Now you have me listening to the Beastie Boys.

Genesis

Turn It On Again

The ice cream trucks clang clang of it's bell, as I endlessly chased the ice cream truck to it's next stop while still midst devouring whatever treat previously was given to me from the earlier stop, in my incessant, unrelenting, unhealthy, lust for sugar and ice cream, said, ...
(insert object of ridiculous insult name here)
I'll play...

Uh, I fell deep down a youtube rabbit hole and discovered this... I could probably hit replay a few dozen more times. Dude makes at least a million singers a month say "screw this, I quit".

I have never, ever, EVER witness this kind of command, range, mastery of human vocal chords. It may not actually be human.

That was freakishly impressive.
I won't pollute this thread, but I have to add this one. If nothing else, please explain how anything after 3:20 is possible, feasible, or should even be legal. That staccato bs at 3:45 almost sounds FAKE. I almost wish it were fake, there would be hope for other humans. saywhat

Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Years ago, when I worked in Kent, there was an alt-rock station I used to listen to on my drive to work. They wound up doing a format flip to rap. On the final day of their alt-rock format, they played this song (for 24 hours straight)that was oddly appropriate.

107.9 The end. I miss that station.

for a continuous loop, anything from two steps from hell.
j/c

There's a lot of songs from Blind Faith and Traffic that would work.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

There's a lot of songs from Blind Faith and Traffic that would work.

Copy that - lots of great music from those two bands. Clapton, Winwood, and drummer, Ginger Baker all kick ass on this song. I never get tired of this one ...

seriously though, i'm i the only one on here that listens to Enya?

come on...
I've listened but it's not something I would want to hear on a 24 hour continuous loop. That's why there are so many varieties of music and artists.
© DawgTalkers.net