DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: THROW LONG The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 07:15 PM
The Earth is obviously Round.
I know this simply because it's the first lie, (or not) that they showed me as a child the first day of school, when there was a globe in the room.

So Surely the earth is round, because when you go to the department store, they sell globes and not something else.

Plus teachers, always mocked anyone who would think someone would sail off the edge of the earth in discussons of historical sailing explorers.

I also know, that Ferdinad Magellan was the alleged first captain to sail around the earth, (right to left, but never bottom to top) and crossed under South America, through the strait that bears his name, to reach Asia after starting in Asia.

Yet, All I want is Proof! Dang.

Are you telling me. Are they telling me. They can launch a satellite in 1960 ish, send it toward the edge of space, with beatles tunes, and greetings in several human languages,
which has sent back pictures over the years of every planet and the asteroid belt, and all kind of crazy stuff.

But they can't send one satellite across Antarctica, one north to south revolution of the earths' surface one time since 1960, and they aren't going to this year either.

And they spent my entire lifetime building a stupid international space station, between the USA and Russia in cooperation, and they added new parts to it, every couple years,
and it circumnavigated the whole wide earth's surface, whenever you see a live feed they say they make 3 revolutions an hour, or at least 3 times per day,

So what must have been at least 10s' of thousands of times, revolved around the earth, but each and every time left to right, or right to left but never once

never once north to south. Why not! I just want proof! Seems simple enough,

Seems much more simple than putting a person on the surface of the moon.

I never needed proof until in around 2017, the internet gave me the idea that, there isn't some crazy wall, some crazy edge of the earth to fall off of somewhere in the middle of the pacific, but it's actually Antarctica that surrounds the whole outside.

Antarctica, (if the earth is a globe like they try and tell me it is,)

is a small little continent the size of Australlia, you'd think they could kick a football across it, or at least, fly a plane across it, or drop a nuclear bomb on it?

But they can't, or at least they won't. Go ahead, try and find a photo of Antarctica from a Nasa Satelite.

Not one Satelite is going to be put up in space that will circumnavigate the earth north to south, this year, by the end of 2021 or before.

And Richard Branson or Elon Musk has put a car out in space to float around.

There is simply no logical explanation why there shouldn't exist a person has crossed Antarctica, one side to another side, either on land, sea, air, or outer space.
Anymore than if you could physically visit your entire town except for the backside of one building. (And nobody had ever gone there, ever, in all of history.)

So I just want to shut up all the flat earthers, because, well because I can buy a globe at the department store. I can't buy a plate.

But I can't. This is ridiculous, I WANT PROOF!, it should be so easy, if the earth is actually a ball

Prove it!

Can they even get two airplanes, to stand on opposite sides of Antarctica and wave to each other? NO!

So the ISS, space station, can make 30, or 40,000 trips around the earth, but never once north to south to north again?

I'm supposed to believe, they can have airplanes in the 1991 Gulf war, take off in St. Louis, use in air refueling, go all the way around, to Kuwait and Iraq, drop some bombs and continue all the way around and land in St Louis again,

But nobody can put a satellite launched, which can rest sitting over top of Antarctica?

I used to appreciate, history as a studies, and all the history, all the history, takes place in the Northern Hemisphere, like 95% to 5%.

Just like the old magic trick, where it appears the two assistants at opposite sides make it look like rings fully encompase the levitating woman, but neither ring ever passes fully from left to right, the lady is not actually levitating.

And if the Earth were actually a globe,

And. Think about it. Somebody circumnavigates over the north half, (A million times a day)- slight exaggeration.
Yet.
Nobody even one time uses a southward circumnavigation to take a shortcut over part of Antarctica,

And if you really don't want to believe me, I don't want to either.

So all Anyone has to do, is Cross Antarctica, even with a space ship?

And Nobody does,
this year, last year, when Obama was president, no time.
not any time in history. Not once.

They could answer this question with proof once and for all and just Show that the earth is round like the Globe
If they would just answer one question.

Why aren't we allowed to go North over South?

Still nobody has ever circumnavigated the earth, North over South.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 07:24 PM
https://www.avweb.com/flight-safety/around-the-world-and-over-both-poles-part-1/
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 08:39 PM
Seems like a lot of work to go all that way and stop without coming out the other side.

Sure seems to prove the point that no one will cross it.

The political hassel he had to face for approaching antartica seems to prove the point that they don't want you to know that, nobody can cross it.

He could have flown 1/ 12th as far, actually crossed Antarctica, and done loads more for history.

But since he stopped, it kind of proves, nobody has ever circumnavigated the earth, north to south.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 08:44 PM
Quote:
So all Anyone has to do, is Cross Antarctica, even with a space ship?

And Nobody does,
this year, last year, when Obama was president, no time.
not any time in history. Not once.

Does it need to be via plane (or space ship)? It has been done a few times on skis
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 09:09 PM
90% of the world’s population lives above the equator. If the earth was truly a sphere floating in space why doesn’t if flip over from being top heavy?!
Answer me that!
Posted By: jfanent Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 09:29 PM
If our knees bent the other way, what would chairs look like?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 10:32 PM
If oysters were porches everyone would be toasters.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 10:33 PM
Words.
Posted By: Dave Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 10:35 PM
What if Sonny Corleone had had E-Z Pass?

Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 10:44 PM
Think how boring the Matrix movie would have been if Thomas Anderson ate the blue pill.
Posted By: Dave Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 10:57 PM
I don't know about that, but if Sonny Corleone had E-Z Pass, Moe Greene might have lived to a ripe old age.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/05/21 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Think how boring the Matrix movie would have been if Thomas Anderson ate the blue pill.

Actually that’d be an interesting premise for a movie. Thomas Anderson’s life inside the Matrix. Unaware. It could be a romantic comedy, or a suspense film, really any genre.
I think keeping it within the feel of the matrix films it’d be a suspense thriller. Tomas would discover some code, or some such thing, he didn’t understand and get caught up in the ‘machine’ trying to squash it. Just never knowing the extent of what was really going on.
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 01:43 AM
Is cereal a soup?
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 01:44 AM
If I own a piece of land do I own it all the way to the center of the earth?
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 01:46 AM
Do blind people see anything when they dream?
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 01:57 AM

Actually that’d be an interesting premise for a movie. Thomas Anderson’s life inside the Matrix. Unaware. It could be a romantic comedy, or a suspense film, really any genre.
I think keeping it within the feel of the matrix films it’d be a suspense thriller. Tomas would discover some code, or some such thing, he didn’t understand and get caught up in the ‘machine’ trying to squash it. Just never knowing the extent of what was really going on.

Ooooh... maybe with an Alfred Hitchcock flair? Everytime Tomas tries to 'squash' it, we cut to a scene where his efforts are guiding the destruction of Zion?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 02:11 AM
I like you better when you don’t talk about politics, 40. Keep this up.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 08:27 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

Did you pay your property taxes?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 09:27 AM
I think if we look more closely we will see, nobody crosses Antarctica, they just go halfway in, then come back out from the way they entered.

Which Primarily doesn't make any logical sense,

Unless Antarctica is NOT... a tiny little circle shaped contintent at the bottom of a sphere shaped planet.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 09:33 AM
Do blind people see anything when they dream?

Yes.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 09:37 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Or Did He collect His?

(Is saying the one who collects the taxes is the one who actually owns it, whether we like it or not.)
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 11:30 AM
https://www.heavens-above.com/orbit.aspx...lt=0&tz=UCT
Posted By: jfanent Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 11:46 AM
Nice job. Way to derail the thread.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 12:30 PM

Technically yes as well as all the air above. Although you cannot stop commercial aircraft from using the space, and your usage of the space can be regulated by local building laws.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 01:11 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

Technically yes as well as all the air above. Although you cannot stop commercial aircraft from using the space, and your usage of the space can be regulated by local building laws.

I could totally see at least a couple people in this thread out in their front lawn desperately waving at airliners to get out of their air.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 01:42 PM
Nice try, I've checked in the past, NASA doesn't even have photos, (public type) of satelites looking down on Antarctica.
Their excuse? They can get just as good of pictures from a combining of multiple satelites from different angles, so there is no need to look at the earth from the south.

Think about it. They wouldn't use that excuse for, say, the Amazon?

They wouldn't even accept that for the Marianas Trench, (deepest part of the pacific ocean bottom), they've sent submarines and robot subs down there,

But no satellite picture of the earth with Antarctica in the middle.
There is definitely something fishy going on here.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 02:18 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/07/science/antarctica-map-rema.html
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Nice try, I've checked in the past, NASA doesn't even have photos, (public type) of satelites looking down on Antarctica.
Their excuse? They can get just as good of pictures from a combining of multiple satelites from different angles, so there is no need to look at the earth from the south.

Think about it. They wouldn't use that excuse for, say, the Amazon?

They wouldn't even accept that for the Marianas Trench, (deepest part of the pacific ocean bottom), they've sent submarines and robot subs down there,

But no satellite picture of the earth with Antarctica in the middle.
There is definitely something fishy going on here.

https://lima.usgs.gov/
Posted By: clwb419 Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 04:57 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
I think if we look more closely we will see, nobody crosses Antarctica, they just go halfway in, then come back out from the way they entered.

Which Primarily doesn't make any logical sense,

Unless Antarctica is NOT... a tiny little circle shaped contintent at the bottom of a sphere shaped planet.

For most you are correct. It makes sense because they are going to the South Pole then back to where they started. It makes further sense because where they started is where their support team is.

This said, a few people have gone the whole way across.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/06/21 05:12 PM
The correct answer is the horizon.
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/07/21 02:07 AM

yes but protesting this years because they went up a ton
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/07/21 03:29 AM
That depends on if you own the mineral rights to your property. Often property owners own land rights but not mineral rights. Those are often owned by oil or mining companies. So that if there is oil under your land, and an oil company owns it, they can drill under your land to get at it (think fracking.) Or they can rent part of your property to drill for THEIR oil, for which they will pay you (less than the worth of the oil extracted.) If we're talking about a house in the city or suburbs, it's not really a big deal. But if you own acreage, it's wise to include mineral rights, if available, when you purchase the property.
Posted By: jfanent Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/07/21 11:40 AM

yes but protesting this years because they went up a ton

We went thru this a few years ago when our county went around and re-appraised property values. Holy cow did they jack up the price of our home. We filled out the contestment form and they dropped the appraisal 25%, site unseen without an argument. I just wonder how many people didn't contest these outrageous increases....namely the elderly and others who just don't know you can appeal it?
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/07/21 03:08 PM
We have a state law that caps the yearly increase to 3% for homesteaded property, and 10% for other property.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/07/21 08:14 PM

So my property goes from an infinitesimally small dot at the center of the earth, then grows over the 7000 mile diameter of the earth to the size of the exposed land and then continues to grow out into space? So at 35,000 feet, where planes fly, my property is twice the size.. I'm putting up a no trespassing sign.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/08/21 05:02 AM
Your property would not be twice as large, and you can only claim the radius, not diameter. Someone else owns it on the other side.

So at 3958 miles, you only get the incremental benefit to 3965... I looked up the radius.

Posted By: FloridaFan Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/08/21 01:58 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

So my property goes from an infinitesimally small dot at the center of the earth, then grows over the 7000 mile diameter of the earth to the size of the exposed land and then continues to grow out into space? So at 35,000 feet, where planes fly, my property is twice the size.. I'm putting up a no trespassing sign.

Only if your assuming that your space is infinitely a reverse pyramid. But in actuality, it is affected by neighboring properties at a ratio of available space, so yes it's a pin point at the center of the earth, pyramidical to the surface, then a lot shaped box into the lower stratum. smile

More space than most of us can actually use, and again, affected by many rules and regulations such as local building laws, mineral rights, public safety/well being laws, airspace regulations, etc etc. Enough to just say that you can really only use a small amount above and below the dirt. smile
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/09/21 02:34 PM
I haven't thought of the word pyramidical since the movie "European Vacation"

The pyramidal tracts, not a housing development outside of Cairo.

In Geography of the brain, the question is, What are the Pyramidal tracts.

"Ken the Pyramidi-al tracts, are a complex of multi-synaptic lower motor neurons which interconnect the basil ganglia, with the reticular formation."

the correct answer of course is... of course.

(And nobody owns Antarctica, because nobody can surround Antarctica, because it's not a place.
Unless of course, they could prove it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/09/21 04:20 PM
I've never thought that basil was a complimentory flavor when combined with ganglia.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/12/21 12:37 PM
Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/12/21 01:07 PM
My ass is round. Do you need a satellite photo as proof?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/12/21 09:28 PM
A person can approach the coast of Antarctica from many avenues or angles, and travel some distance in towards the perceived South Pole, even claim to have achieved the south pole,
Those persons can then travel horizontally left or right but must eventually return at some angle, back the way from which they came.

I can conclude this appears to be the case since nobody has yet, crossed Antarctica the same direction they entered it, and come out the other side, as a spherical earth would not hinder.

And since nobody has done it, and nobody is going to do it this year, or next, take your pick, we can't really prove the earth is round.

All they would have to do is go straight around the bottom and come out the other side,

Which if the Earth is a Sphere, and modern Tech. shouldn't seem to be that hard at all.

But nobody has ever ever ever done it, and, ask youself today,
If Everybody and his Brother, can so readily cross the North Pole and come out the other side,

Why Can't anybody cross the South?

NASA has put up hundreds of satelites in 60 years, which seem to all be in an east west orbit, How many go North over South in orbit?
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/13/21 03:21 AM
You need to understand the gravitational forces of an 8000 mile diameter ball spinning at a surface speed of 1000 mph.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: The Earth is obviously Round! - 04/13/21 10:01 AM
© DawgTalkers.net