DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: sk8termom 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/15/23 01:56 AM
Anyone running the 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning? I'm going to be doing it with my special needs son Xander. He is mostly a sprinter, but has been practicing running a mile. He can do a mile in bout 8 minutes 30 seconds. Not sure how he will do in the race but i told him to just take walk breaks and follow everyone else. I told him to wait for me at the finish line. He is much faster than me, I "run"/jog a mile in just over 16 minutes. Best I can do but I will finish the 5k without any walk breaks. Hope to see some of you there.
Posted By: mac Re: 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/15/23 11:26 AM
The weather looks to be excellent Sunday morning...you go girl.. thumbsup..enjoy.
Have fun!
I'll be in a class all weekend, otherwise I'd consider making the drive up to say Hi!
A friend of mine will be there doing the race photography, if this is a GCXC Running event (The Garfield Gallop)
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/15/23 07:17 PM
Hey mom.....

Have fun.....!!!

I lived in Mentor for my first 16-17 years. 306 and Lakeshore.

Born in 1957. Been a while

Where does the race start and end.

Just curious.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/15/23 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Have fun!
I'll be in a class all weekend, otherwise I'd consider making the drive up to say Hi!
A friend of mine will be there doing the race photography, if this is a GCXC Running event (The Garfield Gallop)

that is the race! How neat, I'm sure I'll look like a wreck when your friend takes the photo.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/15/23 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by TTTDawg
Hey mom.....

Have fun.....!!!

I lived in Mentor for my first 16-17 years. 306 and Lakeshore.

Born in 1957. Been a while

Where does the race start and end.

Just curious.

It starts and ends at the Garfied House near 615 and Mentor Ave
Posted By: sk8termom Re: 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/15/23 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone!
Originally Posted by sk8termom
Have fun!

that is the race! How neat, I'm sure I'll look like a wreck when your friend takes the photo.

Go up and say Hi!
His name is Glenn and he looks a little like Homer Simpson grin
Tell you're friends with Chris (me)
Posted By: sk8termom Re: 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/16/23 01:40 AM
Have fun!

Go up and say Hi!
His name is Glenn and he looks a little like Homer Simpson grin
Tell you're friends with Chris (me)

I will try to do that. Thank you for the idea!
Posted By: sk8termom Re: 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/19/23 10:43 PM
Have fun!

I met your friend Glenn and we had a nice chat. Xander really surprised me. He's 26, special needs and never ran more than one mile previously. He finished in 28:04! And I managed to finish the race running at my very slow pacem 50:18. It was a beautiful morning.
Have fun!

I met your friend Glenn and we had a nice chat. Xander really surprised me. He's 26, special needs and never ran more than one mile previously. He finished in 28:04! And I managed to finish the race running at my very slow pacem 50:18. It was a beautiful morning.

Aww, outstanding!
Sounds like you all had a great day! smile
Posted By: sk8termom Re: 5k race in Mentor this Sunday morning - 11/24/23 01:39 AM
trying to post a picture Glenn took of Xander and me before the race. I know, I look really old here...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
That's a great pic. Your son looks really happy with the day.
I mean, the black & gold thing is kinda nasty, but, hey, it's what it is grin

Glad y'all had a good race!
© DawgTalkers.net