DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Pdawg INJURY REPORT - 10/24/18 07:03 PM
Fred Greetham
‏

@FredGreetham
Following Following @FredGreetham
More
#Browns WR Rashard Higgins (knee), LB Joe Schobert (hamstring) and DB Damarious Randall (heel) were on the side with trainers during open part of practice to media Wednesday. EJ Gaines (concussion) was not practicing, but he was in the locker room before practice.

https://twitter.com/FredGreetham/status/1055168836712964099
Posted By: Pdawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/24/18 07:05 PM
Scott Petrak ct
‏

@ScottPetrak
Following Following @ScottPetrak
More
#Browns Hue Jackson thinks LB Joe Schobert (hamstring), WR Rashard Higgins (knee), CB E.J. Gaines (concussion) will miss game Sunday vs. #Steelers.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/24/18 07:09 PM
I wish the bye would hurry up and get here .. we need a week off to heal and not get anyone else hurt ....

Were gonna be a mash unit by the time we play KC .. who am i kidding we all ready are...

Oh well ...

LETS GOOOOOOoooooooooo .... thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/24/18 07:21 PM
David Njoku - TE - Browns

David Njoku (knee) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

It's the first time Njoku has been on the injury report this season. We doubt it's anything serious. Njoku will be a TE1 this week against the Steelers. Njoku has topped 50 yards each of the last four games with a touchdown in back-to-back contests. He saw seven targets Week 1 against Pittsburgh.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/24/18 10:14 PM
dangit, was hoping one of them could return
Posted By: Demo44 Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 12:30 AM
Slow recovery by Gaines, he would be a huge help. Any chance he might be back, or is he a definitely out?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 04:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Demo44
Slow recovery by Gaines, he would be a huge help. Any chance he might be back, or is he a definitely out?

Hes a known slow healer...but it's possible he returns
Posted By: oobernoober Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 11:36 AM
Has there been any update to Mitchell? Last I heard, there was a possibility he'd be back later in the season.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 12:08 PM
When starting cornerback Terrance Mitchell broke his arm back in Week 4, the Browns’ defense broke with it. The team has surrendered more than 400 yards every week he’s missed after averaging just over 325 in the three full games Mitchell played.

Mitchell is on injured reserve and not eligible to return until Week 14. The veteran CB believes he’ll be ready to get activated by that point.

“I think that I am moving along pretty quick,” Mitchell told reporters Wednesday in his first meeting with the press since suffering the gruesome wound. “I think I am healing like Wolverine right now.”

Asked if he thinks he’ll make it back this season, Mitchell did not hesitate to respond with a confident, “no doubt.”

The Browns can certainly use him. The depth has been exposed in his absence.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/...-end-of-season/
Posted By: eotab Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Demo44

Isn't he recovering from a concussion??? how is it a slow healing thingy...its a concussion. If you have multiple ones the longer it takes to heal. So possibly he's has a couple that were not diagnosed.

???
Posted By: eotab Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 04:22 PM
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 04:28 PM
I was thinking about Devalve being healthy now .... is there a chance he could play on the field with Njoku? Might give us more options
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 08:30 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 08:45 PM
Holy smokes.
We are BEAT UP.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Holy smokes.
We are BEAT UP.

I was thinking the same thing. That's a lot of names.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 09:10 PM
Do we have a quorum? This is beyond thin and skinny. Have a tent revival and slap these boys in the head and heal them! We gotta get better to get better.

Unleash what is left of the Elf!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/25/18 11:56 PM
that's a heck of a long list
Posted By: eotab Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/26/18 12:19 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Holy smokes.
We are BEAT UP.

How many teams are we going to face right after they heal up from their bye week???
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/26/18 03:31 PM
LB Joe Schobert (hamstring), WR Rashard Higgins (knee), CB E.J. Gaines (concussion) not practicing. Schobert and Higgins continue to work on side with athletic trainers.

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1055842850649321474
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/26/18 03:36 PM
DB Damarious Randall (groin, ankle) and C JC Tretter (ankle) returned to practice today.

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1055842655186419712
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/26/18 10:10 PM
We need Randall. We also need Higgy, but he won't be back
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/27/18 06:19 AM
Marcus Gilbert - T - Steelers

Steelers RT Marcus Gilbert (knee) is out for Week 8 against the Browns.
Gilbert was able to play every snap before the bye, but he sat out every practice this week. It is unclear how long he will be out. Matt Feiler will start in his place.

Oct 26 - 9:43 PM

This won’t hurt ..
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/27/18 07:56 AM
we'll trade them back Hubbard!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/27/18 09:06 AM
It would be great if we could get pressure on Ben from both edges.
Posted By: eotab Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/27/18 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It would be great if we could get pressure on Ben from both edges.

Yeah big time injury I think...We need the refs to call the holds as I'm sure we will be seeing both our DE's being grappled around the neck - keep an eye, if they throw the flag early and often we will destroy them...If they get away with it as a Biased refereeing is continued it will become frustrating.

So holding will be real key, Allowed or flag thrown!

If FAIR we should see a complete Breakdown making Larry a big factor up the middle along with some A gap blitzes. Also I would like to see time from time Garrett going against the RT on an occasion or two!

I know you don't subscribe to the biased refereeing but please if you can keep an eye on our Garrett and Ogbah duo and the obvious holding going on... then watch a ticky tack hold by Harrison being thrown at him wink its almost an automatic to view. Then tell me I'm nuts...lol laugh
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/27/18 04:42 PM
We’ve downgraded WR Da’Mari Scott (shoulder) to out for Sunday’s game at Pittsburgh.

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1056224719131828226
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/27/18 04:58 PM
I kinda want to see Scott too
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/27/18 05:18 PM
Man our WRs get hurt a lot.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/28/18 02:43 PM
More reason they should have kept, Hyde, Gordon, Corey Coleman, ... Haden, and anybody else they cut for absolutely no reason at all.

... Where's the mention of '? Willies, is it Willies, a 3rd string walk on Wr that Mayfield made look good 2+ weeks ago?.

It's not a death sentence to have injuries, you just have to have confidence in your coach(s) to make matchup adjustments that will account for where your depth is thin.

But that is maybe the weakest point,

If you took all the coaches from 1999-the current ones,
This might be the Hardest group to find evidence, from watching games, of changing lineups and gameplans to adjust for situations like this.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: INJURY REPORT - 10/28/18 03:12 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
More reason they should have kept, Hyde, Gordon, Corey Coleman, ... Haden, and anybody else they cut for absolutely no reason at all.

... Where's the mention of '? Willies, is it Willies, a 3rd string walk on Wr that Mayfield made look good 2+ weeks ago?.

It's not a death sentence to have injuries, you just have to have confidence in your coach(s) to make matchup adjustments that will account for where your depth is thin.

But that is maybe the weakest point,

If you took all the coaches from 1999-the current ones,
This might be the Hardest group to find evidence, from watching games, of changing lineups and gameplans to adjust for situations like this.

Well, we’ll see what kind of wrinkles and packages to staff sets up to hide the injuries/players missing. Seems the 2 TE sets would be more in play here. Maybe 2- back sets with Duke going in motion.

All there is to do now is watch.
© DawgTalkers.net