DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: no_logo_required The Superbowl Thread - 01/25/13 09:24 PM
and what better way to start things off then with satire. i'm actually not a big fan of most of Gallo's work, but I always enjoy his A-Z Superbowl article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17422/the-title-worthy-a-to-z-of-super-bowl-xlvii

Quote:

Super Bowl week is almost upon us! Here’s the A-to-Z rundown of everything you need to know.

Akers -- David Akers is a kicking time bomb. The veteran 49ers kicker has made just three of his last six field goal attempts and is the favorite to win Super Bowl XLVII’s prestigious Scott Norwood Award. But it’s OK. Jim Harbaugh seems like a guy who would totally take missed field goals in the Super Bowl in stride. He wouldn’t beat Akers to death with a folding chair or anything.

Brothers -- Jim and John Harbaugh are brothers. It’s all over the news. Unfortunately, only one of them can win the Super Bowl. The other will be a loser and be given up for adoption to the Ryan family.

Commercials -- Thirty seconds of ad time went for $3.7 million to $3.8 million for this game. Money is apparently no object for Peyton Manning to appear in a Super Bowl.

Dancing -- Baltimore is designated as the away team for the Super Bowl, so we may not see Ray Lewis’ patented home-game dance routine. Maybe he would have added some New Orleans elements to it with an umbrella and beads. We’ll never know. Bummer.

Elite -- Younger readers may not believe this, but it’s true: The Super Bowl was originally created to determine the best team in the NFL. Now, of course, it’s a game used to declare one quarterback forever ELITE.

Flacco -- Joe Flacco said before the season that he sees himself as the best quarterback in the NFL. Winning a Super Bowl would really silence his critics … for as much as a second, at which point Flacco’s place among the worst quarterbacks to ever win a Super Bowl would be discussed.

Gimmick -- Baltimore backup linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo said before the AFC Championship Game that New England’s hurry-up offense was a gimmick. He later apologized. But now Baltimore is facing San Francisco’s read-option. Thoughts, Brendon? Come on. Out with it. We desperately need some storylines that aren’t about brothers or Ray Lewis. HELP US.

Harbaugh -- Remember them? The brothers? As neat as the Super Bowl is, the most exciting story might be whether a publisher can get a (guaranteed to be best-selling) book about Jack, Jim and John Harbaugh out in time for Father’s Day. All the best books are researched and written in about six weeks.

I -- There’s no “I” in “TEAM.” That’s the kind of thing team leaders like Ray Lewis will spout all week. However, there are three “I’s” in “INDIVIDUAL,” and the Super Bowl awards an MVP to the player who has the best individual performance. You can’t win a big game like this if one player doesn’t step up and have an amazing performance. Remember that, kids. Your team is only holding you down.

Justin -- Justin Smith of the 49ers will be as important as any player in Super Bowl XLVII. Unfortunately, he doesn’t play offense, doesn’t have a brother in the game and doesn’t do interpretive dance. Boring. Next.

Kaepernicking -- Colin Kaepernick has filed a trademark for “Kaepernicking”: the act of kissing one's biceps in celebration. Ugh. Athletes trademarking everything they do has gotten way out of hand. Next up: An athlete trademarks “Trademarking”: the act of trademarking everything they do.

Lip-synching -- American fraudstress Beyonce is performing at halftime. BOOOOOOO. We want the golden voice of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo instead! (Tip for Beyonce: Trademark “Beyonceing:” the act of lying to America at a presidential inauguration, thereby destroying the country and freedom the world over.)

Michael Phelps -- The former amateur swimming champion and current professional brah credits Ray Lewis with motivating him to keep swimming after the 2008 Olympics. Perhaps Lewis filled an entire pool for Phelps with his tears. Generous.

New Orleans -- New Orleans is the host of Super Bowl XLVII. The letter N also works for next year’s Super Bowl host: North Jersey. Both are great vacation spots.

Offense -- Baltimore’s offense was averaging 344.4 yards per game when John Harbaugh fired Cam Cameron. In their final three regular-season games, the Ravens averaged 406.2 yards, and in the playoffs they’ve put up 424.7. “It was a brilliant move," Cameron said of his firing this week to The New York Times. "Everyone on the team took a look in the mirror after that." He’s right. They looked in the mirror and never saw Cam Cameron anywhere in the background.

Parties -- Outside of determining an ELITE quarterback, the other point of modern Super Bowls is so athletes, fans and media members can party for a week. Of course, one can party too much and get into trouble. Or, even worse, one can attend a party in which Pitbull performs. The horror.

Questions -- In addition to media day, each team has its arrival press conference. And then there will also be the special Harbaugh-Harbaugh media session. So many opportunities to ask great questions like “How does this feel?” and “Are you excited?” and “Talk a little bit about how you feel and if you are excited.”

Ray Rice -- In all the hoopla surrounding the “Superbaugh” and Ray Lewis’ farewell tour, Ray Rice -- the man who has essentially been Baltimore’s entire offense for the last four years -- has been overlooked. He could change that by having a big game or announcing he is also retiring. The Ravens probably prefer the former.

Smith -- Alex Smith. He should trademark “Smithing,” the act of standing on the sidelines while your former backup starts in the Super Bowl over you.

Truths -- Moments after Super Bowl XLVII is over, an eternal truth will be declared and it will be one of the following:

-- if the 49ers win: MOBILE QUARTERBACKS ARE THE FUTURE OF THE NFL! R.I.P. POCKET PASSERS!

-- if the 49ers don’t win: MOBILE QUARTERBACKS SIMPLY CAN’T WIN A SUPER BOWL! TRADITIONAL POCKET PASSERS FOREVER!

-- if Kaepernick sustains an injury: MOBILE QUARTERBACKS ARE TOO INJURY-PRONE! I THOUGHT WE HAD DECIDED THAT QUARTERBACKS SHOULD NEVER LEAVE THE POCKET IN THE WILD-CARD ROUND WITH RG III!

So no pressure, Kaepernick. The future of the NFL, and/or one day’s sports media cycle, is hinging on you.

Underwear -- What undershirt will Ray Lewis have for us after this game? A Bible verse? A picture of Art Modell? A picture of Art Modell reading the Bible? A nation waits.

Vernon -- If 49ers tight end Vernon Davis gets a Super Bowl ring, that has to clinch his status as the greatest athlete named Vernon in history. Sorry, Vernon Maxwell.

Wacky -- Ha! Someone at media day is going to dress up in a funny outfit and ask questions! Good one. Be advised, however: Jim Harbaugh does not take kindly to gobble gobble turkey questions from jive turkey gobblers.

X’s -- The 49ers and Ravens reached the Super Bowl by beating teams with inferior defenses. So maybe defense still is a little bit of a thing in the NFL. Enjoy it. Super Bowl XLVII might be defense's last game. It better be a first-ballot Hall of Famer in five years.

Your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers -- Hosting a Super Bowl party brings together a strange mixture of people. Only at a Super Bowl party can you overhear your aunt talking about blitz packages and Beyonce’s outfit with your boss. Better buy more beer.

ZZZZZZ -- College football has its obvious strengths, but the BCS title game tends to be a snoozer. Meanwhile, the last nine Super Bowls have been decided by an average margin of less than seven points. So even if the 49ers or Ravens take a big early lead, don’t give up on the game or turn it off. Remember: No game is ever over in the modern NFL. Consider every game to be a Falcons game.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/25/13 09:40 PM
Don't you mean "The Big Game"? We don't want this website to get shutdown.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/25/13 09:44 PM
Quote:

Stanford doesn't play Cal until next fall. A little early to discuss it.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/25/13 10:37 PM
In protest and disgust I didn't watch the last Superbowl that the Rats played. Since that time I've avoided all highlights or replays from that game. I can honestly say I've never seen a single play. Plausible denial. To me it never occurred. It's in the record books, I recognize that, but I can draw no memory from it. It stains me not.
Some of my youthful rage towards the Rats has wained but I'm struggling with the thought if watching this Super Bowl this time around. The thought of them hoisting the Lombardi for a second time makes me physically ill. I just don't know if I can stomach seeing it firsthand.
So do I fill my day with something I know I'll enjoy? Or do I take the chance that I'll end my weekend angry?
To fish or not to fish? That is the question for me.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/25/13 10:41 PM
i watched that game all ready to root for the Giants and had to walk out of the party early
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/25/13 11:29 PM
Ravens will win, so I don't recommend watching
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/26/13 01:09 AM
Quote:

so sad but that was my first thought as well...
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/26/13 02:51 AM
I don't like Jim Harbaugh. I think he's a good coach, but he comes across as too much of a whiner.

I don't like Kaepernick. Pretty much anyone who kisses their biceps is a douchebag in my book (except for people who do it making fun of the people who do it seriously, who in that case are rad).

Even though he's a local guy, Donte Whitner drives me crazy. Seems like such a dirty player and a ridiculous trash talker.

I don't like Ray Lewis. Guy's one of the best to play the position, but Lord I'm tired of him.

I don't like Terrell Suggs. Guys's a good player, but I swear his head is the size of a boogie board.

I don't like the Rats, for obvious reasons.

I think I'm just going to root for the defense. I'm really going to root for Ray Lewis and Kaepernick to meet head on and both get knocked out of the game in the first minute.
Posted By: Fox&Hound7 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/26/13 03:04 AM
Quote:

I don't like Jim Harbaugh. I think he's a good coach, but he comes across as too much of a whiner.

I don't like Kaepernick. Pretty much anyone who kisses their biceps is a douchebag in my book (except for people who do it making fun of the people who do it seriously, who in that case are rad).

Even though he's a local guy, Donte Whitner drives me crazy. Seems like such a dirty player and a ridiculous trash talker.

I don't like Ray Lewis. Guy's one of the best to play the position, but Lord I'm tired of him.

I don't like Terrell Suggs. Guys's a good player, but I swear his head is the size of a boogie board.

I don't like the Rats, for obvious reasons.

I think I'm just going to root for the defense. I'm really going to root for Ray Lewis and Kaepernick to meet head on and both get knocked out of the game in the first minute.

Seriously, you people are getting a bit soft and sensitive with some of this hoopla crap. I agree on all parts involving the Ratbirds, but really, the stuff about Kaepernick and his biceps and Jim Harbaugh's arrogance? A bit too overblown by some of you. I'd wish Jim would tone it down myself, but I won't lose sleep if he doesn't. And you may not like Kaepernick for his trademarking ordeal, but I like watching him play. That's all that matters to me.

I have a horse here and it's the SF 49ers. If you have to root for somebody in SB 47, root for them.
Posted By: keys_bow_wow Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/26/13 01:23 PM
Not the game I was hoping for when I got tickets a month ago. But I'll take it. Nothing like watching the Rats lose first hand! lol. I'll be there in all my Browns glory. Gonna send a picture to the new owners with all of us there, captioned "Hey Jimmy, we're at the Superbowl, just waiting on you!"
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/26/13 02:58 PM
Quote:

Not the game I was hoping for when I got tickets a month ago. But I'll take it. Nothing like watching the Rats lose first hand! lol. I'll be there in all my Browns glory. Gonna send a picture to the new owners with all of us there, captioned "Hey Jimmy, we're at the Superbowl, just waiting on you!"

Awesome!!!

and i now have something to cheer for besides commercials... I'll be cheering keys_bow-wow gets on TV!!!
Posted By: Haus Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/27/13 12:21 AM
Quote:

In protest and disgust I didn't watch the last Superbowl that the Rats played. Since that time I've avoided all highlights or replays from that game. I can honestly say I've never seen a single play. Plausible denial. To me it never occurred. It's in the record books, I recognize that, but I can draw no memory from it. It stains me not.
Some of my youthful rage towards the Rats has wained but I'm struggling with the thought if watching this Super Bowl this time around. The thought of them hoisting the Lombardi for a second time makes me physically ill. I just don't know if I can stomach seeing it firsthand.
So do I fill my day with something I know I'll enjoy? Or do I take the chance that I'll end my weekend angry?
To fish or not to fish? That is the question for me.

Tell us how you really feel

Actually in all seriousness, you sound exactly like my pops.
Posted By: OldSixty-Two Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/27/13 05:37 PM
Like most SB games, I have more interest in the snacks being served
Posted By: clevesteve Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/27/13 08:29 PM
Quote:

Like most SB games, I have more interest in the snacks being served

Lol me too
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/27/13 09:30 PM
I only shut it off for the half-time show. How far removed from NFL football has that gig gotten? Hope it is a great game and R-birds get crushed.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/27/13 09:58 PM
Quote:

Hope it is a great game and R-birds get crushed.

that's redundant to me. a great game is the ratbirds getting crushed.
Posted By: Fox&Hound7 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/28/13 12:51 AM
The one thing about the Super Bowl that I have no patience for nor willingness to care for would the Halftime Show. It's of no value entertainment-wise and very, very overrated. A few years back when they addressed the Janet Jackson fiasco, the NFL said that they would tone down the Halftime Show and make it more family friendly...

...If that's the case then what justifies putting out people like Madonna and Beyonce (this year) to perform when you know that they're capable of slipping in songs that aren't family friendly? Give me a break about this hypocrisy, NFL. It's still about the money with this. You clearly didn't need garbage like this back in the early Super Bowl days when all you needed was marching bands and orchestras, music that's fitting for the ears...

Just something that the NFL needs to consider.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/28/13 01:30 AM
pretty sure the NFL approves all songs sung by the artists.

and while Beyonce is not my style of music, I would be willing to bet that far more people tune in for her performance than would a marching band.

yes, it's about the money and keeping the youngsters and females tuned in. not sure it's worth getting upset over.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/28/13 01:33 AM
Show me the money.............that's the sad thing.

Like I said somewhere else - we're having somewhere between 16 and 25 people over for the super bowl. We'll eat, and we'll all look forward to.......not the game.......the commercials. And the commercials will be amusing, but they won't make me, or any of the adults here, go out and buy a product.

Halftime show? What a joke. Apparently the glitz and glamor bring in viewers? We may very well turn the channel during half time to Discovery, or History.........these "musicians" that lip sync everything, and the "dance" crap they do...........who cares?
Posted By: Fox&Hound7 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/28/13 03:40 AM
Quote:

pretty sure the NFL approves all songs sung by the artists.

and while Beyonce is not my style of music, I would be willing to bet that far more people tune in for her performance than would a marching band.

yes, it's about the money and keeping the youngsters and females tuned in. not sure it's worth getting upset over.

And that's the problem I have with the NFL for allowing stuff like this. They say "family friendly" and then they turn around and allow people who fit the mold of a Madonna or a Beyonce to go out on stage and do God knows what, singing PG-13 or even slipping in R songs. Of course the NFL will approve of the songs for certain reasons. It's a mystery until you see the performance. That's the NFL contradicting their initial message and they should know better, but no. It's all about the money in the end.

I'm not even upset about this since I haven't cared to watch the Halftime Show in years, but I feel like pointing this out to people in case something similar to the Janet Jackson fiasco ever happens again.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/28/13 04:32 AM
You forgot to tell them to get off your lawn..
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/28/13 05:00 AM
Quote:

You forgot to tell them to get off your lawn..

exactly what I was thinking.

let's not forget that it's on a 5second delay and there are people there ready to hit the dump button if necessary (or that Beyonce is barely a PG-13 let alone R persona as it is).
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/28/13 07:59 PM
Quote:

I only shut it off for the half-time show. How far removed from NFL football has that gig gotten?

How true. Now I would watch the Ohio State Marching Band. The show they did during the Nebraska game was incredible !!!!

The marching bands work their butts off. And for them to get a little spotlight during a half time show in the SB has got to be such an honor and reward for the effort they put in..
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/30/13 07:38 PM
I want it to happen twice!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/30/13 07:41 PM
We were at the stadium for a Cleveland game a few years ago and they rocked the lake! They played on the lawn before the game and fans went wild. Then they gave us script OHIO and we did Hang on Sloopy together. Whole house on its feet. THAT was worth the price of admission.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/30/13 09:06 PM
I'm glad I'm not doing a SB party this year. We did one last year, and it was great and everything, but I have a feeling I'm going to want to shut this off near the end.

I think the Ravens win, and I think it becomes a giant Ray Lewis lovefest (if it hasn't already) and I guarantee there is at least one shot taken at Cleveland during this game.

The thing with our SB parties, is out here, I'm the only Browns fan of my friend, they don't understand what I feel, so they obviously wouldn't want the game off. But I will literally be on my own Sunday, and that's perfectly fine with me. I'll flip on a dvd or some playstation.

I thought I was over it, but I'm not. I hate that team, I hate their players, I hate their stupid logo, and I most especially hate their hypocritical media and fanbase. Go to hell.

Not to take shots, but didn't our resident Raven fan claim he was jumping ship on that team some years ago?

Sorry, I just can't take it.
Posted By: Arps Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/30/13 09:13 PM
I better see at least one guy in the stands wearing deer antlers.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/30/13 10:10 PM
Quote:

Or better yet, a sign along the lines of "Hey, Lewis. You hid your suit, but not the antlers".
Posted By: The Collector Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/30/13 10:41 PM
Ever since the Janet Jackson thing... all the performances have been from people/groups who really shouldn't be performing anymore...

Maybe except for McCartney, Prince, and Springsteen... whose shows were actually watchable..

The Stones looked like they're melting by just standing. And Madonna needed help doing a cartwheel and very likely could have broken her hip without it.

Beyonce is not my type of music... but at least they're not trotting out performers who lack the energy for a stadium performance.

I just wish they'd have a newer rock band play for once... or hell... just get Metallica to play. I mean seriously.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 12:09 AM
I thought Prince was really good, the sound setup wasn't great but that wasn't his fault.
Posted By: jfanent Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 01:22 AM
I'm not a Prince fan, but that halftime show was really good. I also really liked The Who, but I'm a diehard Who fan. (I have a bass autographed by John Entwistle). Madonna and the Black Eyed Peas were just plain awful, and I'm afraid Beyonce will be the same.
Posted By: MrDNA Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 01:36 AM
Quote:

I'm glad I'm not doing a SB party this year. We did one last year, and it was great and everything, but I have a feeling I'm going to want to shut this off near the end.

I think the Ravens win, and I think it becomes a giant Ray Lewis lovefest (if it hasn't already) and I guarantee there is at least one shot taken at Cleveland during this game.

The thing with our SB parties, is out here, I'm the only Browns fan of my friend, they don't understand what I feel, so they obviously wouldn't want the game off. But I will literally be on my own Sunday, and that's perfectly fine with me. I'll flip on a dvd or some playstation.

I thought I was over it, but I'm not. I hate that team, I hate their players, I hate their stupid logo, and I most especially hate their hypocritical media and fanbase. Go to hell.

Not to take shots, but didn't our resident Raven fan claim he was jumping ship on that team some years ago?

Are you reading my mind? I had some friends over for the AFC Championship who were rooting for the Ravens because they're sick of the Patriots. I tried to politely tell them how sore a spot the Ravens are for me, but I don't know if it's a thing I can do politely. So I decided not to have a Superbowl Party for the first time in 10+ years because if any of my friends were rooting for the Ravens, they would have to stop being my friends and they wouldn't get why.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 04:24 AM
Yup, I bet the 49ers control most of the game but never manage to put Baltimore away. Ravens come back in the 4th quarter and win because of some lucky bounces. Post game tribute to Art Modell and Ray Lewis gets his MVP trophy.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 04:32 AM
Quote:

Yup, I bet the 49ers control most of the game but never manage to put Baltimore away. Ravens come back in the 4th quarter and win because of some lucky bounces. Post game tribute to Art Modell and Ray Lewis gets his MVP trophy.

If that all happens, I may be projectile vomiting for days.

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to be sick ..... because I can really see that happening.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 05:19 AM
Quote:

Quote:

If that all happens, I may be projectile vomiting for days.

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to be sick ..... because I can really see that happening.

I knew this was coming when I heard Ray was retiring. It's why I picked them in every single game. There is no way that he or the NFL would let the Ravens lose.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 12:19 PM
I don't know about all of that, but in the end I will be rooting for the Ravens. I have to pull for a AFC North team in the Superbowl unless it is against a select few NFC teams that I follow to some degree....the Falcons and Bucs....and I have always liked the Bears, so I'd pull for them as well.
Posted By: jfanent Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 12:31 PM
I'll be rooting for whatever numbers I draw in the money pool. I haven't been this disinterested in the SB teams in a long time.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 12:34 PM
Do you not root for Carolina or New Orleans? Just wondering because they're both southern teams.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 02:43 PM
Quote:

Do you not root for Carolina or New Orleans? Just wondering because they're both southern teams.

No. It really has nothing with Southern teams. I root for the Falcons since they are maybe 110 miles away and for years was the local team....now the Titans have had a impact on that, so I root for them as well. Just a local thing. Those who live in non NFL cities and are far removed from their team, and don't simply hate the nearest team probably get where I am coming from.

The Bucs are a team I follow since members of my family held season tickets for years and I went to many of their games.

Understand that when I say root for, it is a casual thing. More like join the bandwagon when they are doing well. Even then it isn't like I go out of my way or stop everything to watch them or catch the latest news like I do with the Browns.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 04:24 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Are you reading my mind? I had some friends over for the AFC Championship who were rooting for the Ravens because they're sick of the Patriots. I tried to politely tell them how sore a spot the Ravens are for me, but I don't know if it's a thing I can do politely. So I decided not to have a Superbowl Party for the first time in 10+ years because if any of my friends were rooting for the Ravens, they would have to stop being my friends and they wouldn't get why.

Being sick of the Patriots is understandable. Me? I have no problem with the Patriots. I love what they stand for, What Robert Kraft and his late wife wanted out of their football team and organization. No scumbags, no women-beaters, no people going in and out of jail. I've always had a ton of respect for an organization that stands by their values. I know they aren't perfect but considering how some of the players in the NFL conduct themselves, I'd say they're doing damn well.

It's just that this year has definitely struck a chord with me. Modell passing away just before the season was going to start, the Cleveland '95 doc, the possibility of Art Modell going into the PF Hall of Fame, and the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

I'm tired of hearing Baltimore media telling us what we're supposed to feel. I've also grown tired of hearing them revise history.

When the Ravens played in the Super Bowl last time, I didn't watch. Wasn't a big deal because I didn't watch the Super Bowl when the Browns were gone, and I didn't watch the first year the Browns came back (I didn't care for the NFL, I was still pretty angry that the league just let him waltz that team out of town)

I think the first Super Bowl that I really got back into was the Patriots/Rams one. I was bitter for a pretty long time. I was not one of these fans that was just immediately back into the NFL when the Browns came back. It took me some time. I still paid attention to the Browns, but I just didn't care for the rest of the league.

So shutting off the game early on Sunday won't bother me one bit. Screw them.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 06:08 PM
Well the weather has solved my dilemma. It's going to be 52 degrees and sunny. The steelhead are in the rivers... I'll be fishing. Even if I get skunked it'll be better than watching the Rats hoist the Lombardi. If the Rats lose I'll watch the replay.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 07:19 PM
I know this is a Browns board, so football trumps all else, but I have to say I'm a little surprised. You were the voice of reason and forward thinking about Lebron...moving past ill feelings and burrying the hatchet. To hear you're stull holding a deep grudge is a little surprising.

I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way or that because you forgave Lebron that you are required to do the same with the Ravens....just saying I'm surprised (not in a negative way).

The scar of losing the Browns, the Ravens winning a Super Bowl and them being very good while we stink isn't really a big deal to me. I mean, it's a scar, but it's the tiny kitchen knife scar on your thumb from 15 years ago. It's there, you remember it, it was shocking when it happened, but I learned from it and it doesn't haunt me.

Lebron leaving is still a bigger deal to me. If the Ravens win, it's just another team not named the Browns to win a Super Bowl before we do. Sure, they're a main rival, so it's a tad worse, but I would be way more "butthurt" to see the Bengals win their first or the Steelers win another.

The city of Balitmore deserved a team, unfortunately they got ours. BUT...we got one back right away. So, in my book, we're kinda even on that one. For Lebron....we aren't even yet (though Kyrie and the future may help ease that pain).

I'll be watching and trying to enjoy a good game. I still hope to see an overtime Super Bowl sometime soon.

Oh ya...go 49ers (though it's too bad they won't win. The Hollywood script is already writen for Lewis to pray his eyes out on the 50 with tears of deer antler extract while he dedicates the trophy to art).
Posted By: clevesteve Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 08:02 PM
eff the Ravens and the deer they rode in on.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 09:04 PM
I found it easy to forgive Lebron.

I think more than anything, it was his choice to leave. Whatever happened in that Celtics series, and the way he went about letting the Cavs know, and going on TV to tell everyone, that stuff I can't defend. We all saw it, there were some bad decisions made, I got over it quickly. It was not Modell's choice to break a lease and use crap excuses to pick up the team and move. We're left holding the bag because you were a bad businessman? I don't buy the stadium crap either, because the Browns are playing in a 13 year old stadium.

I dunno, I know several people who have had run-ins with Lebron, including my own mother, and not one person had a bad thing to say. He was very nice, very polite, and he did not big shot anybody. Maybe that's why I give him the benefit of the doubt, in that he got some really bad advice during that time. He's since talked about how he would have done things differently. We've been through this conversation here, I don't need to go on.

I just got over it quickly. With Modell, I think what he did was far worse. He removed the one thing all Clevelanders rallied around. And to our credit, we got it back really quick. I mean when you look back at when they left, and when we got back our team, that actually wasn't that long.

It was what he took though. The pedigree of that organization.

The Ravens might not have our colors and our stats, but their players date back to Paul Brown, Otto Graham, Jim Brown. Even our hometown hero Bernie. If you look at football like a family tree, this current organization has nothing to do with those old teams. They were an expansion team. Yes, Jimmy Brown and Bernie have always been around, but it's not the same. You can go look at the Ravens and say Joe Flacco learned from a guy, who learned from a guy, who learned from a guy, who eventually learned from Bernie. The pedigree. That's what still eats at me. That could never be replaced. You can say the stats are still in Cleveland but it really doesn't mean anything. It's up to our guys now to start a new pedigree of greatness and winning.

I get over all the bad Cleveland things. Outside of the Browns moving, the worst night of my life as a sports fan was when we lost game 7 down in Florida to the Marlins. That took a really long time to get over, even if I thought we'd have a good team in the following years. Then I realized that it could never get any worse than being up in the 9th of a clinching game, a game 7 at that. Losing Lebron wasn't even close.

I've been saying all along he comes back to Cleveland. There's even an article today by Adrian Wojnarowski about it. If he does come back, and he wins a championship, I think the decision, and his tenure in Miami while we were loading up on high draft picks will make a lot of sense.

There's at least a light at the end of the tunnel, with Art Modell, the only light we've seen is that we got back a football team, and it's done nothing but make our Mondays horrible since 1999. Meanwhile, the old Browns finally got their ring, after all the work that was put in when they were in Cleveland.

I don't deny that I'm bitter about it. I'll take it to my grave too. I have nothing against Ozzie or anyone in the Ravens organization, I just disagree with their thinking, but I understand.

If they win on Sunday, I'm not gonna cry or throw things, I'm just not going to subject myself to a lovefest of that organization, on top of their false hero Ray Lewis, which is a whole different conversation. I'll have no problem flipping off the Super Bowl, like I said, I did it for a good 5 years.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 11:45 PM
I'm going to record it and fast forward through the game only stopping to watch the commercials.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 01/31/13 11:48 PM
I'm just really hoping that if Ray Lewis blitzes up the middle untouched that Colin Kaepernick doesn't get that deer in the headlights look.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 04:04 AM
Quote:

I'm just really hoping that if Ray Lewis blitzes up the middle untouched that Colin Kaepernick doesn't get that deer in the headlights look.

I can see it now. Ngata takes a double team, Ray shoots up the middle unblocked and Kap throws a pick 6 to Reed
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 04:19 AM
My numbers in the pool at Woody's are: balt 4 and SF 6

I think you guys know what I'm rooting for...
Posted By: clevesteve Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 03:10 PM
Quote:

Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 04:12 PM
Quote:

You're hoping that San Fran kicks 2 FGs and gives up 2 safeties in the first quarter and then nobody scores after that? You would win every quarter and the Ravens would lose.
Posted By: CBFAN19 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 07:32 PM
J/C

Haven't read the whole thread, but wouldn't it be interesting if Kapernick goes down early with injury and Smith comes in and throws for 300+ and a few TDs in a win? His stock and the pricetag would go sky high!
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 08:17 PM
Quote:

J/C

Haven't read the whole thread, but wouldn't it be interesting if Kapernick goes down early with injury and Smith comes in and throws for 300+ and a few TDs in a win? His stock and the pricetag would go sky high!

What if Kaepernick blows out his knee Willis McGahee style? San Fran has no choice but to retain him. That would be crazy.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 08:59 PM
Quote:

Quote:

J/C

What if Kaepernick blows out his knee Willis McGahee style? San Fran has no choice but to retain him. That would be crazy.

Alex Smith is to SF what Jason is to horror movies. You cannot kill him as starting QB no matter how hard you try!!!!
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 09:11 PM
So you're saying that next year Alex Smith's mother is going to be the 49ers QB in the super bowl?
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 09:20 PM
Quote:

So you're saying that next year Alex Smith's mother is going to be the 49ers QB in the super bowl?

no, his mother was actually the lead broadcaster in the first Superbowl, but noone noticed knew about it until the very end.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 09:34 PM
You know it's bad when you see Alex Smith aboard a space ship trying to kill people, either that or he takes Manhattan.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 10:21 PM
Quote:

You know it's bad when you see Alex Smith aboard a space ship trying to kill people, either that or he takes Manhattan.

but does he take Manhattan with the Muppets?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/01/13 10:42 PM
Quote:

Quote:

but does he take Manhattan with the Muppets?

No, because Bert and Ernie are gay and can't play for the 49ers.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/02/13 12:02 AM
WTF is going on right now?
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/02/13 04:05 AM
Quote:

Quote:

You're hoping that San Fran kicks 2 FGs and gives up 2 safeties in the first quarter and then nobody scores after that? You would win every quarter and the Ravens would lose.

Sounds good to me.. $125.00 a quarter.. 500 would be nice.
Posted By: JPPT1974 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/02/13 05:07 AM
Yeah 500 at least would be nice!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 12:54 PM
We are gonna get mail on that one. Beat to death by fed up Boy Scouts!! Not good thread stuff there./
Posted By: keys_bow_wow Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 04:13 PM
Quote:

So far I've seen at least half a dozen guys wearing them around town with the Ray Lewis jersey. lol
Posted By: Dave Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 05:21 PM
J/C

In his Plain Dealer column today, Bud Shaw asks the following questions regarding Ray Lewis:

1) Would he once again tear-sync the national anthem as he did in the AFC title game, or cry for real?

2) If he cried for real, would he cry a raging river or a small lake?

3) Would a Baltimore win mean he'd ascend directly to heaven or stop at Disney first?
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 09:17 PM
49ers better be on their toes. Flaccos deep ball forces you to play perfect.
Posted By: wildcat2k Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:13 PM
Prediction: 49ers 31 Ravens 20. Kapernick throws for 2 TDs and runs for another.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:24 PM
I knew Alicia Keys would do a kick ass job.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:25 PM
Why does everyone have to give a concert? Just sing the song.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:26 PM
I could do with the song being sung as written. I don't like it when singers add an "embellishment" at the end.

I thought that the kids from Sandy Hook did a really nice job singing though.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:27 PM
Those kids did great! God bless them.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:28 PM
I said in the other thread what a traditionalist I am but I gotta admit, Keys (sp) did a darn fine job the anthem.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:32 PM
Oh, I was fine with it right up until she decided to add to it.

The song is the song. If you want to embellish a song, fine ... do so in concert ...... or your own songs ........ just not the National Anthem.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:40 PM
Anyone coming to chat?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:42 PM
Not me.

The Ravens are going to wind up drilling the Niners, and we'll get another month of how great Ray lewis is, and how Art MoSmell should have made the Hall of Fame ......
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:49 PM
How much did Bar have to drink to shoot that scene?
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:51 PM
He's been fairly quiet this post-season, but the guy in this game I'm most interested in as a free agent for us would be Delanie Walker. His versatility as an H-Back/TE/FB would be a great fit for Chud's offense.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/03/13 11:53 PM
ray ray is looking like crap crap.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 12:04 AM
Unreal.

Niners pressure the crap out of Flacco, and he still manages a 31 yard pass play. Geesh.
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 12:09 AM
He does do a good job of extending the play, though. Deceptive mobility.

That was a spot where ballsy, all-out attacking football cost a team points. A high percentage screen, draw, or underneath route keeps the Rats in field goal range. I'll take it! My squares are still alive because of that.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 12:49 AM
Geez,, the 49ers are getting beat down..
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 12:49 AM
And this is officially nauseating.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 01:24 AM
Glad that mess is over. Crap game, worse halftime show.
Super Bore.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 01:39 AM
Even the NFL wanted to end it right there. Turned off the lights on Kaepernic.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 01:40 AM
"Upon further review, the Super Bowl will be cancelled...thank you for your money."
-Roger Goodell.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 01:51 AM
Awesome. Lights out. Somebody does want the Ravens to win.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 01:54 AM
What if the Undertaker appeared and challenged CM Punk to a match at Wrestlemania?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 01:56 AM
I think it's the ghost of Art Modell and Edgar Allan Poe.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 01:59 AM

What's the over/under on Ray Lewis shanking victims during the blackout?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:05 AM
Probably higher than Ray marrying one of his baby mommas.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:07 AM
This is the Saints revenge against Roger Goodell.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:07 AM
God doesn't want the Rats to win, so he turned off the lights.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:09 AM
Obviously it's George Bush's fault...
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:23 AM
I guess Moss is alive after all. Figured he was passed out in a French Quarter drainage pipe or something.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:45 AM
We're in for one hell of a finish fellas
Posted By: SunDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:26 AM
Quote:

Awesome. Lights out. Somebody does want the Ravens to win.

Really, looks like they turned the lights out on the Ravens. Game is fixed, Niners win, book it!
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:36 AM
HORRIBLE playcalling
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:36 AM
Hey look, the Seahawks-Steelers refs showed up for a play!
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:40 AM
Quote:

Does that surprise you? I like how te announcers are saying "good no call". LMAO
Posted By: MrDNA Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:47 AM
If it's just a game, then why am I feeling so damn sick right now? UGH.
Posted By: SunDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:47 AM
Quote:

Guess the NFL just needed it to come down to the last play of the game.
Posted By: Arps Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:48 AM
The intentional safety cost me 200$. This sucks. Stupid Ray Lewis, Art Modell....so mad!
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:49 AM
Quote:

HORRIBLE playcalling

I agree. I would have run it with Gore or Kaepernick 4 times from the 7. Ugh.
Posted By: bigdatut Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:51 AM
The Shamravesty is complete... congrats, NFL.
Posted By: BADdog Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:53 AM
Sanfran got screwed. That was holding with 2 hands.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:54 AM
I figured out the safety outcome as they were talking about the no-call and mentioned it to my bro-in-law....and I watched his face as he slowly figured out that it was the smart play. He lost $500 (reverse). His buddy lost $3,000.

Oh well.

Great game. Bad play call on 4th down (and 2nd down). I can't call it a good no-call but it was the right call. Great idea to kill time there.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 04:17 AM
Any rapist murderers out there we can draft/sign?

Seems to be the best way to win a Super Bowl.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 04:21 AM
Quote:

Glad that mess is over. Crap game, worse halftime show.
Super Bore.

I thought Beyonce was great. I didn't listen to the singing at all.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 04:30 AM
I agree, I thought the half time show was really bad. I don't like that music in general so maybe I'm not the kind of person to ask. Beyonce herself was nice to look at though.
Posted By: The Collector Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 04:39 AM
From a performance standpoint... it was the best performed halftime show in a long time.

Since maybe Prince's performance. I'm not a fan of her music in the least but at least it was entertaining.

I'm utterly disgusted at the amount of leeway the Refs gave the ravens players. There were many instances of a defender hanging on to a 9ers player that they didn't call.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:03 AM
If you really are saying that "the fix is in," and that the NFL rigs seasons to create stories... then by natural extension, we must also assume that the 40 minute power outage and ensuing comeback by the 49'ers was all staged, as well.

And if that's the case (of which you seem so convinced), why bother watching even a single game of NFL football?

I only ask, because I stopped regularly watching "Professional Wrestling" when I was about 15 years old. When I was 17, I stopped altogether.

Plain talk: do you REALLY think the NFL is "rigged?"

Yes.... or no?

When Fox News was covering the 2012 presidential election, and Ohio went to Obama, Karl Rove had an online "meltdown moment." Megyn Kelley asked him: "Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?" ...after which, she walked to the "numbers booth," to get the straight talk from the geeks.

(Best 45 seconds of airtime on than night.... Megyn has a great set of "walkin' sticks"- and the hips to carry them... )

The same question could be leveled at all Browns fans who entertain such 'conspiracy theories.'

1. Did NFL officials conspire to influence game-day decisions of the Ravens' opposing coaches to make critical calls that worked against them in the end?
2.Did coaches secretly agree to tank an in-season game, so that we could have a Harbaugh v. Harbaugh Big Game?
3. Did individual players sign on for this conspiracy... and tank crital plays in 16 games.... on every team that San Fran and Balto played?
4. So the HFL could play out their own version of Gino Vanelli's "Brother To Brother?"

Really... don't you see how silly this looks now?

Pardon me, but this idea that an entire season of NFL football being rigged is just plain dumb. Consider this: John Elway was a national darling during the years that he led the Broncos past Cleveland to get to the Super Bowl... yet, his team was absolutely CRUSHED- both times. If "The Fix" was truly in, wouldn't The Donks have won in at least one of those back-to-back years? since "conspiracy theorists" have determined that the Browns are targeted as Enemies Of The (NFL) State?

Oh, wait.... The Powers That Be are "scripting materminds"... and were just running a "long con" on the entire American Public. Yes- it would make a much more compelling story for John to win his rings near the end of his career... but do you really think that the NFL thinks that far ahead?

Look, man... if all of this is scripted, you would have figured it out by now, and punted on the NFL. But you're here- posting with regularity with all the rest of us.

That tells me one of two things:

1. Either you're just an "action fan," and don't care about what's happening, as long as something's happening

2. You're such a Browns Homer that you'll use any excuse to explain away a Ravens win at the Big Dance.

I feel like I've been hard on you with this post, Dawg.... but I just can't take p.o.v.'s that rely on defiance of logic to make their points. For the Ravens to have won tonight through conspircy, it would have taken an effort by the NFL that is beyond the means of the U.S. Government.

Dude- it truly sucks that "what should have always been the Browns" has won its 2nd ring.... but I saw nothng in this game (and nothing in the season that led to this game) to suggest a "conspiracy by the NFL."

If you need to be consoled, think of this: Art Modell is still not a member of Football's Hall Of Fame.

just sayin'....
Posted By: The Collector Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:33 AM
I don't think that an entire season is rigged. And I do believe teams control t±eir own destiny. However, I do think that Refs subconsciously allow things or favor certain players over others. It's natural to do so. No one is truly unbiased.

It's the same thing with Basketball, where the stars really do get away with more because their stars.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:45 AM
Congratulations Ozzie ! Sure wish you were with the Browns thou....
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:49 AM
I don't think that last call can be anything other than a penalty. There was clearly contact beyond the five yards of the line of scrimmage and Smith's hands grabbed hold of Crabtree as the ball was in the air- and did land in his catch radius. That should've been called.

Haven't watched a lick of post-game (or pre for that matter) coverage. Yuck. Can only imagine how fluffy those pieces are.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 06:11 AM
Quote:

Any rapist murderers out there we can draft/sign?

Seems to be the best way to win a Super Bowl.

I'm not, but if it will get me drafted...
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 06:13 AM
A World Series was fixed Clem and a former NBA ref was busted for admitting to fixing games.

It's not as crazy as you think.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 06:19 AM
I disagree (not vigorously).

There was holding and there was kinda OPI too. It was within 5-yards'ish...and don't we all want the refs to swallow the whistle when it's a ticky-tac foul at the end of the game? The fault lies on the play call to me...call a rollout with an option to throw or run.

Sure, if the Browns were on the receiving end of that no-call, I'd probably be upset, but we're not...so I don't really care.

And yes, no conspiracy here. If anything, the NFL wanted a Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady AFCCG.

And outside of the final outcome, which I understand why most here would be redassed about, the game itself was great. 28-6 in the 3rd quarter and they cone back to have a 1st and goal with time running out to get the go-ahead TD. I was on the edge of my seat.

And I'll say it again, had the Bengals won, I'd be pissed. Had the Steelers got in and won, I'd be annoyed (more "we're the best franchise ever" crap). Yeah the Ravens winning sucks, but it's the lesser of those 3 evils to me. Nothing really has changed, they have another and we don't.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 06:37 AM
originally I thought I wasn't that worked up over it, but appperntly I was since I'm still awake.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 07:06 AM
I'm should have watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet instead of the Super Bowl.

I hate seeing Killer Ray get to go out a champion, while we continue in our malaise .......

Hopefully we start turning the corner this year.
Posted By: bigdatut Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 10:37 AM
I don't think the entire season was rigged, but I completely believe that the playoffs were. Baltimore wasn't the best team in either conference, but Flacco turns into Jesus himself on the field? Get outta here.

As I said before - I think some intern in the NFL office decided the score the night of the AFC Championship game and RayRay was able to tap dance into the sunset. JMO.

The power outage is irrelevant - though it did make for a nice storyline.
Posted By: Kingcob Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 10:46 AM
Do you realize the financial risk the league would take if it were rigged? Do you think the conspirators want to risk countless BILLIONS for a feel good story about Ray Lewis?

The mistake people make here is that news stories develop around the teams which progress in the playoffs. We would have heard stories about Matt Ryan and Tom Brady had things gone the other way.

Don't you think the league would have conspired to have Favre retire on a superbowl? There are far more feel good stories being left out by the "conspirators" . When you have a thought, ask yourself, would a crazy person believe this? If so, reconsider the belief.
Posted By: jfanent Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 12:04 PM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 01:09 PM
I don't think the NFL is rigged but do think it very possible a few of the refs could get a nice payout to call a game here and there that could favor the outcome.

A well timed holding or interference call might not be able to swing a spread, but it sure couldn't hurt anything.
Posted By: Dave Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:05 PM
J/C
Flacco won the SB MVP, but I think the Ravens Offense yesterday was fairly ordinary except for Anquan Boldin. He makes anyone trying to cover him look like a child. He should have won the award, imo.

Everybody's Dream Head Coach blew it when Gore ran 33 yds to the 7 and he didn't pound the middle 4 straight plays if necessary. Ngata was out and Lewis was being manhandled all game. Even if it got to be 4th and Goal, the possible play action bootleg run/pass would have had a good chance of working because of the thought you planted with the first 3 runs. I HATE the freaking Fade on 4th and Goal; its SO low percentage.

With that said it was a crappy no-call on the defensive holding vs Crabtree on the final play. I generally dislike when the refs insert themselves into the game, but in this game - on that play - you gotta throw the flag.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:06 PM
Quote:

A World Series was fixed Clem and a former NBA ref was busted for admitting to fixing games.

One rogue ref making calls to change a game for personal financial gain is a lot different than an organized league conspiracy, which is what some people are advocating..

I don't believe in the conspiracy... but the Ravens had 2 penalties the whole game... and on the final drive when they needed a PI call to extend the drive, they got one... when one might have cost them the game, it was a no-call...

and don't forget that early in the game when they had the scuffle, #29 for the Ravens put a nice 2 hand shove on an official and wasn't even flagged when he probably should have been ejected.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:23 PM
I thought Baltimore was the better team, and proved it. They got up big, the blackout definitely favored SF at that point, and they still overcame it.

Joe Flacco manned up. His play reminds me of Brady when Brady was actually winning championships. No picks, no bad throws, complete control of the field.

Jacoby Jones easily could have won MVP. What a steal he was.

As good as Flacco is, he sure does have an arsenal of weapons. Really really underrated. Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta, and Ray Rice in your backfield. That's extremely underrated. I hate the thought of having to deal with that twice a year for the next 7-8 years.

Flacco also destroys the argument of QB's who play against bad competiton in college. If you can play, you can play.

I'm so tired of Ray Lewis and all his crap. Didn't even really notice him out there other than stuff before the game and on the sideline.

I agree that the non-call on SF's final play was probably holding at the least, but the 49'ers entire possession down there at the end was atrocious. Really Jim Harbaugh? That's what you had drawn up for the most important 4 plays of your life?

Colin Kaepernick has some skill, and can make some nice throws but I think we all need to pump the breaks on zone read being this new age "taking over the NFL" thing. To hear sportstalk personalities say drop back, pocket QB's are going to become a thing of the past is the most laughable thing I have heard regarding football in years. I don't disagree that there's a place for your RG3's and your Cam Newtons, but I will take a guy who can sit back there and sling it over a guy who can make plays with his legs. It's not about the guy who can win you one game, it's the guy who can stay healthy over the course of a year who can win you many games.

I do fully buy into it being a QB league. The days of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson winning Super Bowls are probably gone. Baltimore was a floundering team before Flacco got there. They were just like we are now. Flacco had an average first year, then got consistently better. I do realize he was in the AFC Championship his first year, but so was Mark Sanchez, so I don't want to hear that argument.

I'm just really glad this season is finally over. We can put to bed the Art Modell crap (totally different argument but it was a joke he was even up for discussion) and we can give Baltimore their due, and as Browns fans, shift our focus to free agency.

Congrats to Baltimore, they definitely deserved to win that game. Now excuse me while I go puke.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:32 PM
Quote:

J/C
Flacco won the SB MVP, but I think the Ravens Offense yesterday was fairly ordinary except for Anquan Boldin. He makes anyone trying to cover him look like a child. He should have won the award, imo.

Everybody's Dream Head Coach blew it when Gore ran 33 yds to the 7 and he didn't pound the middle 4 straight plays if necessary. Ngata was out and Lewis was being manhandled all game. Even if it got to be 4th and Goal, the possible play action bootleg run/pass would have had a good chance of working because of the thought you planted with the first 3 runs. I HATE the freaking Fade on 4th and Goal; its SO low percentage.

With that said it was a crappy no-call on the defensive holding vs Crabtree on the final play. I generally dislike when the refs insert themselves into the game, but in this game - on that play - you gotta throw the flag.

100% agree with all of this, thanks.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:45 PM
Quote:

Joe Flacco manned up. His play reminds me of Brady when Brady was actually winning championships. No picks, no bad throws, complete control of the field.

I don't totally disagree.. but Flacco seemed to have a horseshoe up his butt this year.. the pass against Denver should have never been completed if the safety just takes the right angle to the ball, it's either batted down or picked off... he had one last night rolling right that he just floated up in the air for a jump ball, everybody in the room assumed he was throwing it away... and it ended up being a long gain.. the guy has played well, I'm not taking anything away from him, but he has had a series of good fortune this year that he will probably never get again.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:46 PM
The only "great" play Flacci made all game was the third down rollout to Boldin that I thought was thrown away.

The TD to Jones was a toss up that Jones made a great play on.

Would I like to have Flacco? Sure.

But to say he's a "great" QB because he throws balls up and his WRs bring them down is a little much.

I don't understand why Baltimore still has Ray Rice. They could easily get a 1st for a player they barely use anymore.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:53 PM
Quote:

How much did Bar have to drink to shoot that scene?

Two questions on that commercial:

1. How much did Bar get paid to be in that commercial?

2. How much did that "Walter" guy pay to be in that commercial?
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:54 PM
j/c

I loved seeing John Harbaugh screaming at the guy from the Superdome at the end of the outage. I would have loved to hear what he was saying.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:55 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I don't totally disagree.. but Flacco seemed to have a horseshoe up his butt this year.. the pass against Denver should have never been completed if the safety just takes the right angle to the ball, it's either batted down or picked off... he had one last night rolling right that he just floated up in the air for a jump ball, everybody in the room assumed he was throwing it away... and it ended up being a long gain.. the guy has played well, I'm not taking anything away from him, but he has had a series of good fortune this year that he will probably never get again.

You could probably go back and see good fortune with all SB winning QB's. Even Brady had his moments (tuck rule, Manning being horrible in cold weather games, being the beneficiary of great defense)

I'm not saying he's as great as Brady, just the way he's played reminded me of Brady when he was first winning SB's, and it's funny that someone mentions he's not doing that much, because people said the same thing about Brady at first.

I don't see Baltimore winning more than one over the next few years, like New England, because I don't think they have that dominant defense anymore. I also think playing in the AFC North is really tough because of how competitive and physical it is. You have 3 playoff caliber teams, and a Browns team that is very young and talented and is learning to compete. The Browns are at the bottom of the league, but I don't think they necassarily are a bottom of the league caliber team. They seem to me to be more of an 8-8 caliber team without direction.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 02:56 PM
Quote:

j/c

I loved seeing John Harbaugh screaming at the guy from the Superdome at the end of the outage. I would have loved to hear what he was saying.

You know NFL Films got that on audio, but no way they show him chewing that guy to pieces in any future stuff from that game.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:14 PM
Quote:

I don't understand why Baltimore still has Ray Rice. They could easily get a 1st for a player they barely use anymore.

1100 yards rushing and 500 receiving this year is barely being used?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 03:26 PM
Quote:

J/C

By that time I was long asleep in my chair.. The lights out at the dome became lights out for me, so to speak.....but, I think I agree. Two yards a shot puts you to paydirt.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 04:04 PM
Quote:

Disagree completely. It was a great no call. There was handfighting between both players. And nevermind the fact that nobody seems to want to recognize that there was no way the ball would have been caught in bounds anyway. You cannot have the refs deciding a game like that.

And for those who are saying Flacco isn't elite or is "lucky", it certainly comes across as sour grapes. The only "lucky" part about Flacco is that he was drafted to a team that was good enough to allow him to grow into the position. The other parts of the team carried him his first few years and altho I'm sure Baltimore had a small contingent of idiot fans begging for his benching, for the most part the city and the team rode it out with him. You know ... they developed him. They had some patience. Novel concept.

I think this should be a lesson to J&J ... but just like I predicted months ago, we will have a new coach, new GM, and a new QB. I think there's a chance Weeden can be as good as Flacoo if he's given the time, but he's not Jimmy's boy. Our only hope is that Banner can somehow figure out how to youtube Weeden's college highlights ... maybe he'll have a chance of sticking then.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 04:53 PM
Quote:

Quote:

1100 yards rushing and 500 receiving this year is barely being used?

Also in a year where they fired their OC. They just don't feature Ray Rice. At least didn't last year. The Browns actually did well on him in both games.
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:04 PM
That ball was still in Crab's catch radius. Just because it landed out of bounds doesn't mean a 6'2" guy with a 40" veritical can't jump up and catch it in bounds. I'm over the play, but I think the argument for "there was hand fighting on both sides"- all while Smith was draped over him not even looking at the ball while it was up in the air- is better than claiming it was uncatchable.
Posted By: Dave Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:20 PM
The play is @ 3:49

I can see why it may not have been called Def holding because of the 5 yard rule, but the ball was in the air (and was catchable) and Smith was still holding on. I also think that Ed Reed was offside on the 2 point conversion attempt - that play is not on the highlights. But if you look back on Jones' KO return for TD, it sure looks like #46 had a chance to make the tackle but was being held by a Raven. That's 3 non-calls, and thats without even considering whether the key Pass Interference on SF was a catchable ball.
Posted By: BADdog Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:25 PM
Quote:

I can see why it may not have been called Def holding because of the 5 yard rule,

The line of scrimmage was at the 5 the hold was in the endzone. It was beyond 5 yards. They got screwed. He was holding his waist with both hands.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:25 PM
The ball was snapped at the 5, smith wrapped up Crabtree in the end zone with both hands and.was.holding.on while the ball was in the air. There is nothing to discuss, the ref blew it.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:37 PM
It's simply that they'd rather a NON Call decide a game than a CALL possibly decide it.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 05:38 PM
Quote:

It was a great no call. There was handfighting between both players.

I would agree but on the drive before that when the Ravens kicked a FG to make the 49ers need a TD.. there was handfighting on a 3rd and 9 which fell incomplete and the Ravens would have had to punt, the 49ers could have won it with a FG and more time... and they called PI on the defense... gave the Ravens a 1st down and changed how the game played out...

Quote:

And nevermind the fact that nobody seems to want to recognize that there was no way the ball would have been caught in bounds anyway

It could have been caught, no doubt about it.

Quote:

You cannot have the refs deciding a game like that.

I absolutely hate this argument.. not making a legitimate call is deciding the game just as much as making a ticky tack call is deciding the game... the call against the 49ers and the no-call on a similar play against the Ravens absolutely positively helped in deciding the game...

Quote:

I think there's a chance Weeden can be as good as Flacoo if he's given the time, but he's not Jimmy's boy.

I think there is too.. but Flacco has developed well over the last 4 or 5 years... and he's still younger than Weeden, he has 6 or 7 more good years to play at his potential... following the trajectory, Weeden is 34 before he gets this good and might have a couple years left. People can keep poo-pooing his age, but he won't get the kind of time Flacco got... just ain't going to happen.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 06:02 PM
Quote:

And for those who are saying Flacco isn't elite or is "lucky", it certainly comes across as sour grapes.

yeah, I thought his long tossup balls were lucky plays in the early rounds but if SF couldn't adjust to them despite having plenty of tape on the Ravens and 2 weeks to prepare, then there just might be something to having really big, strong WRs against weaker/shorter DBs.

It's not like SF didn't know that Flacco was going to just throw it deep to Torrey/Jacoby/Boldin at least 10times in the game. They couldn't stop it though.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 06:08 PM
I really hate ticky tacky calls in any game ..... but if the officials call a play one way against one team, then they should call the same play the same way against the other team as well. Too often I see calls that are questionable go against one team, and the same type of play go unflagged against the opponent. Just be consistent in each game is all I am asking for.

I don't think that there is any malicious or devious motives behind the calls ....... but there are definitely inconsistent calls in almost every game.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 07:37 PM
Ravens basically went all in this year. They will lose a ton of guys for next year and they have to pay Flacco a nice chunk of change.
Posted By: Adam_P Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 08:20 PM
I'd guess they'd probably say it was worth it.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 09:37 PM
In the last few minutes of last nights SB, I saw...

Helmet-to-Helmet hit against Crabtree when he was a defenceless receiver.

Blatant defensive holding and pass interference against Crabtree on one play.

An Offensive Lineman bear-hugging a 49ers defender from behind on the Intentional-Safety, allowing the Ravens to kill more of the clock.

All within the last few minutes of the game. I know Refs don't want to throw flags that late in the game, but that doesn't mean teams no longer have to play by NFL rules after a certain point. The bear-hug form behind was especially blatant IMO.

It was a good game. But for me, it was ruined when one team didn't have to play by the same rules that all 31 other teams had to play by for the entire season.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 09:47 PM
also, Ed Reed is allowed to line up offsides if it's a 2point conversion.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 10:04 PM
Of course the holding on the safety was blatant...the whole team was doing it. They were trying to hold, tackle or anything. Whether or not they called the holding, it was going to be a safety and the time wasn't going to be put back on the clock.

It's a loophole in the rules. Honestly, I don't even remember if they threw the flag, but like I said, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the play at all.

Yes, the hit on Crabtree's head was awful. I think because it was a glancing blow the ref might not have called it.

The holding/OPI/jump ball/bailout on 4th down....meh, I don't think it's really that bad. Or at least bad enough to force a flag. Heck, if they'd have thrown the flag, I think the general public would be upset about the same amount.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 10:20 PM
Quote:

well, worldwide the World Cup is much bigger than the Superbowl. And today, this hit:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130204/match-fixing.ap/?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 10:23 PM
Quote:

It's a loophole in the rules. Honestly, I don't even remember if they threw the flag, but like I said, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the play at all.

They didn't throw the flag. I understand that but it's not the referees job to make that judgment, it's his job to throw the flag and then sort it out according to the rule book. If they want to stop it, fix the rule... enforce the penalty on the kick move the punter back 10 yards and put 10 seconds back on the clock, just like they have a 10 second run off when the offense is called for something in the final 2 minutes when they can't stop the clock..... or whatever the rule says exactly. That and review the play and call it dead the second the ref throws the holding flag because at that point, it's a safety and the play is over... and it's a scoring play so it should be automatically reviewed... but that's not going to change this game...

Quote:

The holding/OPI/jump ball/bailout on 4th down....meh, I don't think it's really that bad. Or at least bad enough to force a flag. Heck, if they'd have thrown the flag, I think the general public would be upset about the same amount.

Either don't throw the flag against the 49ers that gave the Ravens a first down or do throw a flag on the Ravens in the endzone... I would have been fine with either but both plays were penalties or neither was... its the fact that one was and one wasn't that bothers me..
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 10:25 PM
speaking of egregious mistakes, did anyone else think it was the completely wrong call for the 49ers to try to return that kick instead of fair catching it?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 10:31 PM
Quote:

speaking of egregious mistakes, did anyone else think it was the completely wrong call for the 49ers to try to return that kick instead of fair catching it?

I don't know.. he caught the ball on about the 20... not much you can do from there.

Which is better? You can fair catch it and run a pass play, either dump it off and pitch and lateral or heave it as far down the field as you can and hope for a PI (haha)so you can take a shot at the endzone or get a lucky bounce and have somebody run it it... but this allows the defense to put the right guys on the field in the right positions and be organized... or you can try to run back the kick were you do have a little more disorganization and I think have a greater chance of getting lucky and finding a seam.... If you have time for one play then stop the clock and run another play, I would fair catch it but if the kickoff is the last play, I think I just try to run it back.
Posted By: SteelHack Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/04/13 11:28 PM

LINK to the actual gif

I felt this was the biggest noncall (minus the massive holding call on the return TD) Ref is right there...and the helmet to helmet is not called....should of been half the distance to the goal...first down.

HACK
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 12:04 AM
I agree that was pretty big... I thought this was the biggest non-call / non-ejection....

(sorry couldn't post actually image)

Link to video/pic

edit: another angle

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 12:12 AM
Quote:

The ball was snapped at the 5, smith wrapped up Crabtree in the end zone with both hands and.was.holding.on while the ball was in the air. There is nothing to discuss, the ref blew it.

You can say that, and you may even be right, but from a person, ref, standpoint, it's hard to throw flags on the last play of the game. SF was playing for a call, thus the no call, IMO.

Ravens win, won, and history will show it is true.

Run the ball....they weren't going to call holding either....I'll bet you holding could have been called on that pass play and it wasn't.

It doesn't take a genius to know the refs flags are staying in the pocket on that play unless it is above and beyond.
Posted By: BADdog Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 12:14 AM
Wow I didnt see that at all. How was that guy not ejected?
Posted By: LittleGregBig Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 12:37 AM
Quote:

No idea, I was thinking the same thing when I saw it.

Maybe the ref realized the player probably didn't notice an official and it was on accident... If I were a ref in that situation I would not throw anyone out unless for something completely and utterly over the top (Suh stomping someones leg).
Posted By: candyman92 Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 12:50 AM
I don't understand that.

So a flag in the first quarter stops being a penalty in the last 5 minutes?
Posted By: Heldawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 01:15 AM
By the way ... during that play ... like a millisecond after the ball went over Crabtree's head I thought:

OSU vs. Miami.

It's almost the exact same play.

And I was waiting for the late flag....and it never came.

Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 01:54 AM
Quote:

I don't understand that.

Agreed!!! 100%! If it's a flag in the first 5 minutes, it's a flag in the last 5 minutes. If not, why have rules?
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 02:03 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe the ref realized the player probably didn't notice an official and it was on accident... If I were a ref in that situation I would not throw anyone out unless for something completely and utterly over the top (Suh stomping someones leg).

I can understand not wanting to throw a guy out for making a 'mistake' in the SB.... but how is that NOT a penalty... full shove of an offical... I mean did he really get an offical (small, older gentleman in black and white) confused with a 49er player?!?
Posted By: BADdog Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 02:17 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can understand not wanting to throw a guy out for making a 'mistake' in the SB.... but how is that NOT a penalty... full shove of an offical... I mean did he really get an offical (small, older gentleman in black and white) confused with a 49er player?!?

And he kept coming after the official after. He looked like he took another swing at the official but a team mate blocked it.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 07:33 AM
They really need to change the rules about fighting in football. There's pretty much no penalty for it. You could throw a trident at somebody, and the worst you're going to get is off-setting penatlies and MAYBE both participates ejected.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 11:27 AM
Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand that.

Agreed!!! 100%! If it's a flag in the first 5 minutes, it's a flag in the last 5 minutes. If not, why have rules?

I understand the point. Take a look at any last ditch hail mary and flags could be thrown on nearly all of them...and aren't.

I am not really disagreeing with you guys, I am just telling you how it is.

The niners blew it by not getting closer to the goal making the Ravens defend the run as a possibility. At that point the niners were playing for a call as much as trying to score.

Thumbs up to the refs for not playing that game.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 01:34 PM
Quote:

I don't understand that.

And then it is justified by "We don't want the officials deciding the game." Well a no-call on an obvious penalty is deciding the game just as much as a marginal call would be.. it's just deciding it in a different direction.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 01:36 PM
Quote:

Evidently he did.. and he was so confused that he continued to go after him... heck it was a 49ers player trying to restrain him and keep him from getting thrown out.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 01:38 PM
Quote:

The niners blew it by not getting closer to the goal making the Ravens defend the run as a possibility. At that point the niners were playing for a call as much as trying to score.

I say this with all the respect in the world Peen but... Bullcrap. I don't care if they run 4 consecutive double end arounds from the 3 yard line... if there is a penalty on one of them, you call it.
Posted By: SteelHack Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 10:07 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand that.

I understand the point. Take a look at any last ditch hail mary and flags could be thrown on nearly all of them...and aren't.

I am not really disagreeing with you guys, I am just telling you how it is.

Unless of course you add in that helmet to helmet that should have put them half the distance to the goal and a first down.....While I agree with a lot of what you are saying...a penalty is a penalty....throw the flag.

HACK
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 11:38 PM
I just don't know how they got down there on a big run.

Then boom. Pass Pass Pass.

Crazy.
Posted By: BADdog Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/05/13 11:46 PM
Quote:

Crazy.

and Ngata was on the bench
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/06/13 12:22 PM
Watching that ... it almost felt like Shurmer trying to outsmart himself
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Superbowl Thread - 02/06/13 01:17 PM
Quote:

Crazy.

In listening to some guys on the radio who know more about it than I do... they said that once they got inside the 10, the Ravens were run blitzing on pretty much every play.. forcing the 49ers to throw the ball or run right into the teeth of a blitze...

I still don't know why they only ran one play that got Kaepernick out of the pocket... if the Ravens are going to run blitz and I've got Kaepernick, I'm going to try to get him on the edge in a run/pass situation as often as I can. He can get 7 yards...
© DawgTalkers.net