DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Your Focus Against Washington - 08/03/19 07:24 PM
It's the first preseason game of this highly anticipated season. What are you going to be focusing on this particular week?

--I am most interested to see what types of coverages our secondary uses. I want to see if we are playing more man or more zone. And what zone coverages we do use when in zone.

--The RG battle will be interesting to watch.

--I will be interested to see if the d-line is more stout against the run than last year.

--I want to watch our backup offensive tackles. See how they do.

--Will any of backup qbs play well?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 08:07 PM
I have seen some of the local writers saying nice things about Gilbert. I am curious to see if he goes against Washington's 2nd or 3rd team guys.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 08:10 PM
Not sure who Wasington is.....just a poke in the ribs man. We all do that.

I agree. I am interested in seeing how our defensive backfield plays as a scheme. How often do we man up and how often to we play zone. The problem is you can't always tell on a TV broadcast since the main focus of the cameras is to follow the ball.

I also don't want to see our real guys playing much. They can get their timing down in a controlled practice where "our" guys might not hit as hard. Let the 2nd and 3rd team guys hammer out.

I want to see the kickers. I didn't think Joseph did such a poor job we needed to draft a kicker in the 5th. I am also intrigued by the Scottish Hammer. Nothing against Colquitt. He is a excellent punter, but I want that guy on my team.

I read somewhere it might come down to how he holds on field goals. I don't care about that. I care about 65 yard punts.

I care about holds. When I was a young kid, Bobby Franklin, the 2nd team QB held for Groza. Nothing says your punter has to be the place holder. Anybody with good hands could be the holder with some practice. Don't cut a great kicker because he doesn't hold well.

I can't say for sure, but I don't remember Ray Guy hold place kicks. I do remember him punting the heck out of the ball.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 08:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It's the first preseason game of this highly anticipated season. What are you going to be focusing on this particular week?

--I am most interested to see what types of coverages our secondary uses. I want to see if we are playing more man or more zone. And what zone coverages we do use when in zone.

--The RG battle will be interesting to watch.

--I will be interested to see if the d-line is more stout against the run than last year.

--I want to watch our backup offensive tackles. See how they do.

--Will any of backup qbs play well?

That's a good list. I would add, special team execution. The path for a lot of guys onto the final roster will be through special teams. So, the kick and punt coverage units, as well as the return units, are important. Bringing us to the kickers, themselves. Somebody has to step up. This is the opportunity to do it.

Another point of emphasis for me will be penalties of lack thereof. How many? What kind of penalties are they? Who is committing them?

These are things I'll be watching in addition to the areas you named.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 08:37 PM
There's been a focus, supposedly, on stopping opposing TEs. Let's see if that plays out. Also interested in defensive scheme in general. Aggressive? Bend-don't-break? I know it's preseason, so it'll be tough to really get a feel for it.

I hope we don't see our starters much, if at all. Yeah, need a little game speed practice, but man, not sure it's worth the potential cost.

I always look forward to the over-analysis of preseason games from the fans and media, too. I get a real kick out of the people who are the "we're going all the way!" based on us winning a preseason game and then the "we're going 0-16" people if we lose. Though I have a feeling there won't be as many people in that latter category, especially if we lose with our 4th stringers.

If this is truly going to be a big year for us, and our starters play, we need to see them dominate, especially against 2nd stringers. Too often our starters could barely compete, if at all, against 2nd stringers. I want us to be able to wipe the floor against opposing first-teams, let alone against backups.

More than anything, I'm just looking forward to watching some Browns football.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 08:58 PM
- RG play

- Gilbert and Blough

- Greedy

- K and P Competition

- KR and PR opportunities

- Backup TEs

- No injuries
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 09:11 PM
I don't think teams really show you their hand in preseason. Things are ran pretty vanilla. I think you get a pretty good glimpse in week 3, but otherwise teams are trying to keep things pretty close to the vest.

As per usual I will be looking at depth and will pay close attention to the RG position in terms of technique.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 09:12 PM
RG play of course
Kicking competition
Get some offensive chemistry going ... ideally, one good drive then sit the starters
A good look at our depth at LB
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 09:12 PM
Oh, and no injuries on either side
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/03/19 10:07 PM
- Mack and Takitaki

- Kicking competition

- RG competition

I don’t believe any of the starters (the bigger names at least) are even playing a single snap.
Posted By: BigWillieStyle Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:34 AM
RG and OT play. The one thing that could kill us on offense is bad OL play. I worry about replacing KG and lack of depth at OT.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:37 AM
I think most of our studs are going to sit out (as they should) but I'll be interested to see how the right guards play.

The bottom of the wide receiver depth chart is really unsettled so it'll be interested in seeing if anyone steps up.

Drew Stanton was awful last year so I would to see him put together a competent drive or two. Even more than that I'd like to see Garrett Gilbert show some control of the offense.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:37 AM
I am drawing a blank. Who is KG?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:38 AM
I am drawing a blank. Who is KG?

I think he meant KZ (Kevin Zeitler).
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:40 AM
I probably better clarify something. I know that our starters are not going to play much and of course we never want injuries. When I used the word "focus," I was referring to the things that we will be able to see. That is why I mentioned things like backup qb, backup tackles, coverages, and the right guards.

I did not use the words "wish to see." I used the word "focus." LOL
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:41 AM
Oh yeah............That makes sense. I should have thought of that.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:45 AM
I probably better clarify something. I know that our starters are not going to play much and of course we never want injuries. When I used the word "focus," I was referring to the things that we will be able to see. That is why I mentioned things like backup qb, backup tackles, coverages, and the right guards.

I did not use the words "wish to see." I used the word "focus." LOL

I'd be shocked if we ran anything other than a skeleton version of our regular season defense.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:50 AM
I think the coverages will be employed. They have to be.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 12:51 AM
I think the coverages will be employed. They have to be.

True. But the personnel running those coverages? ehhh

But yes, the type of coverages we are running will be interesting to see.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 01:04 AM
Fair enough.

As an aside.............Hey Refs........will you please correct my misspelling of Washington in the thread title? It's driving me crazy.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 01:58 AM
I hate the preseason... just want to get through it without any major injuries....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/04/19 02:08 AM
Quote:
Washington

Thank you.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
I hate the preseason... just want to get through it without any major injuries....
Yes, priority number 1
Posted By: randawg Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 04:13 AM
Most years I was hoping we didn't look like a Chinese Fire Drill on offense. This year I'm hoping we can successfully kick a field goal.
Posted By: randawg Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 04:14 AM
Most years I was hoping we didn't look like a Chinese Fire Drill on offense. This year I'm hoping we can successfully kick a field goal.
Sorry duplicated
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 09:40 AM
J/c

Good point randawg ... for YEARS we’d be thrilled with a few first downs. It’s good to expect them now haha
Posted By: eotab Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 01:48 PM
Well I don't expect to see too much of the starters...a series or two???

So in the reality of things I would like to see Willies and Strong at WR although they will be catching passes from Gilbert Assuming that Straton will not get the reps that normal #2 QBs get in the preseason.

I would like to see how King does again with the starters sitting out most the game.

I think we will see the RG position being played by the competitors for the starting job most the day but they will not be with the STARTING UNIT which downgrades it a lot.

I would like to see our rookie LT in action and see him earn his roster spot.

But I guess most of all the only real thing to watch for at least for me will be the kicking competition.

Does Colquitt have punting locked down??? Don't read much of the young kid making inroads on starting.

But we will be seeing Sonny Seibert and Joseph kicking most the day I would like to assess both of them. Also the 3rd??? round pick from BYU Takitaki.

Oh I would like to see this guy Taylor #57 who is said to be the front runner on our SAM...I got a feeling the kid can cover real well and he can cover the TE??? I always thought Avery was the best SAM guy we had as he got better each game he played and year two was expecting some amazing things from him.

jmho
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 02:55 PM
The LBs and where they fit in the puzzle is interesting to me too. I suspect Taylor to get a lot of reps, same with Taki ... and I want to see us with 3 safeties on the field too
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 04:08 PM
Three things -

1. WR comp...regardless of the preseason game, vanilla or not, who's playing or not...I think this is where these guys will start creating separation. Excited to see Willies.

2. Kicking comp. Although Joseph is by far having the better camp, I've read both of these guys are hot garbage in general.

3. Takitaki and Mack Wilson. Might as well start paying attention to these guys. They will probably be the starters next year.

I don't think preseason is going to tell us march about the RG comp, unless one of these guys lays a real egg in any of the games. The preseason games just aren't real enough. These guys are facing more comp in practice. That's going to be a decision that Freddie and Co. make based on the string of practices these guys are putting together.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/04/19 06:17 PM
Besides the usuals, if all these guys play, I will be looking closely at:
Austin Corbett
Sheldon
Vernon
Mack Wilson
Takitaki
Greedy
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/04/19 06:42 PM
I want to see the offensive line mix, especially guards and tackles. Knowing we will go limited starters, I want to see how ferocious our "vanilla" sets can be. Especially pass rush and corners. The CB and S play interests me. I want some points!

I want to see the Hammer. Let's show off a bit and win this one.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/04/19 08:18 PM
J/c

Greedy, Redwine, Murray, and Burnett for me in the DBackfield ... basically the new guys
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/04/19 10:57 PM
The kicking battle. I hope we are not married to a draft pick who is getting bested by the incumbent in TC/exhibition games.

I'd like to see how Takitaki plays. Dude is interesting.

Yeah now that you mention it, I'd like to see how Gilbert does. And Greedy... It'll be fun just to see him in a Browns uniform for the first time.

As somebody else said, no injuries on either team.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/04/19 11:31 PM
Having just got back from Cleveland and going to TC...I want to see our Oline perform well. I want to see how our Dline penetrates the opponents line and I want to see solid kicking. What I witnessed in Berea and at the scrimmage is worrisome. We WILL lose games with both kickers, but Joseph is currently the better of the two.

RE: the kicking gig....don't the Bears have two decent kickers? One will be available. What about trading Duke for a 5th and one of their kickers?
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/04/19 11:57 PM
No and I repeat, no injuries.

Oline RG LT

Linebackers

Coordinators
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 12:42 AM
PDX, can you give us a rundown of what you saw at training camp?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 01:34 AM
Yes pleas ... or anybody else who goes
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 02:02 AM

Absolutely!

I just posted my thoughts in the 2019 Training Camp thread page 6 post #1645930!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 09:38 AM
Thanks bud
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

Absolutely!

I just posted my thoughts in the 2019 Training Camp thread page 6 post #1645930!
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 11:49 AM
Good list, Vers.

As it is preseason I am not sure how much insight into defensive schemes we will actually get. But how we utilize the DBs is a big question for this season.

I am interested in:

- Special teams. A little w returners but mostly how the kickers and punters do. Will the Scottish Hammer get some opportunities to hold? Why do we not use a backup QB for that? It seemed that when I was growing up a lot of teams used QBs as holders. Don't see that any more.

- Ability to stop the run. This has been a problem.

- Ability to stop opposing TEs from gouging us. This has also been a problem.

- Fundamentals like tackling and eliminating penalties.

- Team speed on D. I think with the drafting of Taki, Wilson and Redwine we focused on fast guys who are not afraid to hit. I think this to counter players like Lamar. I want to see if this is noticeable.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 01:12 PM
I'll be watching the kickers...
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 01:39 PM
Your sig asks a credible question. Our "history" is not allowed to count.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 02:22 PM
Good point about the TE ... it’s a spot we’ve sucked at for a while. We must be able to cover McDonald, Kittle, Eifert, Andrews, etc
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 05:43 PM
Kickers. That's what i'm most interested in.

The position is important. Hopefully someone will look good out there. Too many games are decided but a couple points. Having a reliable kicker is key
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 06:12 PM
I'll just be reveling in being able to watch football.
Posted By: BpG Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 06:35 PM
Overall discipline from a team that has been horrifically undisciplined for years. How does Freddie handle that or is it already buttoned up looking?

Scheme - We know Freddie mixed in a new wrinkle essentially every week last year. Is that only reserved for Season games or will he put something on film.

Defense - I'd imagine we will see a base 4-3, but Wilks has been a 3-4 guy of recent. Does he use Vernon and Garret whatsoever in coverage? I hope not, but maybe?

Greg Robinson, he has been getting abused by Myles Garret in practice from what I've seen. Does that make him a better player or ding his confidence?

Does Baker even play? I'd imagine yes installing a new system, but we shouldn't get used to it.

Rookies - as always, you'll know if they can play pretty quickly.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 06:58 PM
- greedy’s tackling ...
- taki taki
- Wilson
- Willies
- Hilliard
- DL 2nd and 3rd units
- rg’s

Bummer we can’t see them against better competition but we have to take what we can get ...

I gotta wait til friday to see it ... I have never looked forward to a pre-season game ... TIL NOW!!

This is gonna be fun dawgs!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 07:37 PM
I forgot that we’ll get to see Haskins and Colt McCoy as well
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 07:45 PM
1. Just being able to FINALLY see a glimmer of this Roster on the field.
2. Kickers and ST - this is a big concern for me. Put into perspective. two years ago Pitt K Boswell kicked like 4 game winners and they made the playoffs. Last year, he missed 3 or 4 that cost them those same types of games. It still blows my mind that Kickers are not paid more. Other that a QB, they have more impact on any game than any other person IMO.
3. OL - I have heard the line has been struggling in camp and getting blown up. Is that because our DL is so good, they stink, or a combo of both?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 08:14 PM
It just sounds like our RG situation has nobody claim it yet .. none of the 3 have played well enough, but Kush is on top I guess
Posted By: myka Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 09:21 PM
I'll be paying extra attention to the young Linebackers.

TakiTaki, Wilson, Avery especially. Hoping one rises up to round out the D.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 10:33 PM
j/c...

Posted By: AZBrown Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/05/19 10:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, I wonder what percentage of offensive sets will utilize FB Orson Charles during the regular season.

To be honest, I was just reminded of him by looking at this depth chart.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 01:27 AM
I think that’s Orson’s role ... IIRC when he went down last year our run game was not nearly as good
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 11:20 AM
I know this is a very general sort of statement but I want to see how these units all work together and what and who stands out both good and bad.

Look I think we will struggle with fit more then with individual performance. The thing that bit us last year will bite us this year early on. These units need to gel together and the new pieces need to fit together.

Time playing together is the critical element IMO, its what will hold us back at the beginning and send us over the top in the end. But guys that fit the scheme and execution is what I will focus on.

I also think the RG competition needs to come to a close after this 1st pre season game.
Posted By: Haus Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 02:23 PM
Originally Posted By: AZBrown
Just out of curiosity, I wonder what percentage of offensive sets will utilize FB Orson Charles during the regular season.

To be honest, I was just reminded of him by looking at this depth chart.

Not nearly as many as sets that utilize 3+ receivers, that's for sure.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 02:44 PM
That's sort of what I figured. Plus I assume we'll be using some multiple TE sets as well (to create receiving mismatches against opposing LBs and to give our Oline some help).

I also don't remember offhand if we used Charles as an outlet receiver at all last season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 02:51 PM
Last year we seemed to go 2/3 TEs in key spots to protect Baker ... I could see that with OBJ and Landry at WR
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 03:06 PM
Well, so much for everyone's thought that Kush was on top.... Corbett is the #1 RG.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 03:09 PM
Also, based on that depth chart, it looks like DeValve will be on the outside looking in this fall, although it's probably just his injured status putting him that low, but that is more and more common for him.

We should be looking for suitors to trade him.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 03:14 PM
Charles played in 13 games last season.

Rushing, in games 14-16, Chubb had 20/100, 19/112, and 9/24. Duke had 4/28, 2/12, and 4/21.

We pretty much abandoned the run due to being 2 scores+ down in that final game against the Ravens.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 03:16 PM
Lastly:

What the heck is a Lenzy Pipkins?? He's ahead of Gaines at CB.
I hope he makes the roster just for his name... that's a name right off of a 1890's roster.

Nice to see Dorian Baker working his way up.
Avery *is* listed at SAM as some had expected.

Everyone want something to be concerned about this season?
At Linebacker we have Kirksey & Schobert: behind them is nothing but rookies. THAT will be our Achilles in 2019.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 04:19 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Well, so much for everyone's thought that Kush was on top.... Corbett is the #1 RG.

I don’t think the depth chart means much.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 06:04 PM
I don't think it means much in terms of who the starter will be at the beginning of the season. But it's certainly indicative of where things stand at this juncture.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 06:22 PM
What's a Lenzy Pipkins?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 07:10 PM
That's what I said!
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 07:21 PM
Also, based on that depth chart, it looks like DeValve will be on the outside looking in this fall, although it's probably just his injured status putting him that low, but that is more and more common for him.

We should be looking for suitors to trade him.
I like Seth a lot, but I think its time we cut ties. If we can get some quality depth somewhere else for him, I am for it.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 07:27 PM

Everyone want something to be concerned about this season?
At Linebacker we have Kirksey & Schobert: behind them is nothing but rookies. THAT will be our Achilles in 2019.

Maybe it will be a problem until Joe and Kirko are behind the rookies thumbsup

Only kind of kidding. Don't sell the young guys short. I'm more worried about the OL.

Re: the original post, I'm going to try just to take it all in and enjoy the game live.

I'll probably go back and focus on the defensive rookies on Game Pass. OL, too.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 08:49 PM
J/c

I’be read a few places to watch for Pipkins as a sleeper. So i’ll Be watching for him Thursday
Posted By: mac Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/06/19 09:47 PM
jc...

Oline and defense...the two areas I will be focused on.

...said another way, I'll focus on "blocking" and "tackling"...funny how football comes down to basics, isn't it...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/07/19 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I'll be watching the kickers...

I'm worried that I'll be wanting to cover my eyes when either one is on the field.

I might actually have to watch the holder/pre-kick process. I wonder if that has factored into the practice misses at all.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/07/19 09:44 AM
haha, yep ... if we do both I think we’ll be good
Originally Posted By: mac
jc...

Oline and defense...the two areas I will be focused on.

...said another way, I'll focus on "blocking" and "tackling"...funny how football comes down to basics, isn't it...
Posted By: eotab Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/07/19 01:58 PM
They possibly are the steal of the draft especially "MACK" who I call "KING" for some reason...lol laugh

Always love those Alabama defensive players. Cannot get enough of them.

Kush looking to have the edge for RG will like to see how he plays vs. Washington.

I don't think Baker will play much If AT ALL.

Gilbert vs. Blough seems to be the battle!

After this week will it be full recovery for Seth Devalave...kid has to put up or shut up so to say. Love his talent but he has been injured so far the last two training camps. Time for him to come back and STAY HEALTHY

jmho
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/07/19 02:45 PM
J/c

In terms of playing time, I’m fine with sitting ALL of the starters for the 1st and 4th games. Let them get some work in the scrimmage, let them play half of the game in the middle two preseason games
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/07/19 03:39 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

So in the reality of things I would like to see Willies and Strong at WR although they will be catching passes from Gilbert Assuming that Straton will not get the reps that normal #2 QBs get in the preseason.

That's Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman, and he's damn glad to meet ya.

sorry couldn't help myself....lol
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/07/19 05:26 PM
Originally Posted By: PETE314
Originally Posted By: eotab

That's Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman, and he's damn glad to meet ya.

sorry couldn't help myself....lol

I get the funniest looks from people when I use this. It's good to be old smile
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/07/19 05:34 PM
Looks like most of the starters aren't going to play from the buzz I'm hearing on the Fan.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/07/19 08:04 PM
Good ... I wouldn’t play them yet either
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Looks like most of the starters aren't going to play from the buzz I'm hearing on the Fan.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/07/19 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Good. We have some battles for positions and positions on the team. Let them play.

Maybe give the starters a series, then go with the rest. Stanton is locked in as the $2 QB. Let him go the rest of the first and a little of the 2nd, then Gilbert and Blough for about 3/4 of the game.

Even when Stanton is in, maybe keep the first team Oline in there to give him protection as well because the Oline has some gelling to do.

I have a question....I know a few of our exhibition games are National. Who is broadcasting the game tomorrow night? I hope to be able to see it. I don't go to bars for night games.

Anybody know?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/07/19 10:23 PM
No clue about tomorrow night ... its on nfl network friday at 4 PM i believe ... i’ll check in a bit ..

Can’t wait .... thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/08/19 01:33 AM
Yes, replay is 4pm Friday ... not on tomorrow night unless you’re in the area
Posted By: eotab Re: Your Focus Against Wasington - 08/08/19 12:49 PM
I am proud to say I lived Animal House.

Played Division 1A Baseball for a rich kids school.

Most all the basketball and baseball players were from a local NJ area On campus it was us athletes and 2000 spoiled rich kids. Our fraternity was Sigma Omicron Beta...or S O B we ruled the campus.

For example as a freshman when I first joined the fraternity...many baseball players were SOB's so I thought I should join. After a party we went to a Dunkin Donuts place and one of the freshmen pledges in the car snuck into the Campus Police car also there for donuts and took their HAT. Meanwhile unknown to us was another Campus police across the street, following the car we werer in cause the owner was like their nemisis...Known as Squalie so they followed him all the time waiting for him to go onto campus grounds and they would arrest him.
So seeing all this they sent the local police to his house, he commuted not on campus and I got a call asking me to go down to the Security Shack by me and return the hat. I went to the kids room and got the hat and then went down to the Security shack where I was interrogated for hours. My story was didn't know who the kid was who took it, never saw him before and that we just piled into the car to get some donuts. He threw the hat into the bushes where I retrieved it and came to the shack...that was my story and didn't break from it.

Well the Senior SOB got off. And as Light started coming in as it was now past 5a.m. They said UNSOLVED...and went to file it. There was a 3 tier filing cabinet the top one had every organization on campus with a folder for all of them. Then middle and bottom one were all for SOB....as it turned out anything UNSOLVED would go into our file...lol laugh

It was an amazing time of my life rofl
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 01:41 PM
I'll just be reveling in being able to watch football.

thumbsup
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 03:40 PM
Coaching chemistry. Possibly the most important facet of pre-season development for the Browns. How will Freddie handle play-calling along with being on top of all facets of the game concurrently. I’m glad we will have FOUR practice games to get it right.
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnG06-oYcg
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 05:55 PM
j/c

Being in Nashville I won't get to see it until tomorrow afternoon. That kinda sucks.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 06:00 PM
Do you have Dish or DirecTV? If you do, you should be able to watch it online.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 06:02 PM
Never mind, I was thinking that you were in Cleveland.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 06:55 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

- Hilliard

After the Duke trade, this has moved up my list of things to watch.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 08:23 PM
Yes, and the RB from Ohio Bobcats
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 08:28 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 08:40 PM
Hopefully 0!
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 10:14 PM
Yes.

And D'Ernest.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 10:20 PM
I live down here where the Skins are gods.

My focus is to be able to look at my friends tomorrow and smile.

Go Browns!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/08/19 10:23 PM
Yes
Originally Posted By: AZBrown
Yes.

And D'Ernest.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/09/19 02:21 PM
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Go Browns!

Smiling. thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Focus Against Washington - 08/09/19 02:22 PM

Go Browns!

Smiling. thumbsup
brownie
© DawgTalkers.net