DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 08/12/19 08:42 PM
Any other games of note that have your attention?

I’m curious to see Tennessee’s QB situation .. I think Mariota might not be long for that franchise
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 08/12/19 08:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’m curious to see Tennessee’s QB situation .. I think Mariota might not be long for that franchise

He's going to be their starter this year but it's definitely a make or break year for him. If he stays healthy, which he never does, then I bet he gets an extension.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/12/19 09:19 PM
Yeah it’s a huge year ... it’s also interesting that rumors are Tannehill has looked good. To me, neither are gonna win you the title anyways
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 08/12/19 10:04 PM
I am casually interested in the other three teams we have to play twice. Didn't get eyes-on watch for Cincy, so pretty interested there. Also, saw only one quarter for the Pits.

I am amped for us! Other games are a coincidence and distraction. Ready today to run and play.

Go, Browns!
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Other Games - 08/12/19 11:02 PM
Any other games of note that have your attention?

Sort of interested in Packers at Ravens for the same reason as above (division business).

See how Lamar is looking.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/13/19 12:24 AM
Steelers vs Chiefs. A great test for the Steelers defense I'm almost afraid to watch. It's in Pittsburgh at leastt.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/13/19 01:00 AM
Will the main players be playing for both teams?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 08/13/19 02:50 AM

Mahomes played the whole first quarter in week one.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/13/19 09:37 AM
Yes he did ... and the Steelers really didn’t show much on O last week. Wondering if Ben plays this one
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Mahomes played the whole first quarter in week one.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/14/19 02:00 AM
Steelers didn't practice Sunday or Monday in respect to losing Coach Drake. Haven't heard much since. I will post in this thread when I learn more.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/14/19 02:13 AM
Thanks, that makes sense and is the right thing to do
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 08/14/19 12:07 PM
I am interested in North teams. Saw none of Cincy, but a fan/friend of them I know really badmouthed them. I saw only a bit of Pits, they looked decent, and I did not see the Ratbird ones.

Want to see some of what is coming to our table. Hope the preseason injuries for all players are minimal.

Oh, and I will probably watch our guys again.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/14/19 02:09 PM
I saw CIncy and they were disorganized ... and Dalton misfired on a handful of passes that I saw.

I remember thinking last year that Driskell was just as good as dalton
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 08/14/19 09:34 PM
Thanks!
That is reassuring! *L*
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/16/19 01:48 AM
A few notes on the Cardinals: Murray looks in over his head .. he’s had multiple penalties, they look disorganized, had a safety, poor passes ... it seems like they have too much on his plate TBH

The Raiders look fast to me. They seem to be playing motivated ... Carr had a nice drive and Jacobs looks like a complete RB
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/16/19 01:48 AM
A few notes on the Bengals: Dalton looked very MEH .. threw an INT. He doesn’t inspire much to me

The Redksins had a long TD by Haskins, but their OL is a sieve
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/16/19 01:55 AM
A few notes on the Ravens: Man, Jackson can RUN ... he is lighting. As for his passing ... no. But they will run the crap out of it this year.

The Packers defense was very bad. Horrible tackling.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 08/16/19 12:17 PM
I expected more from GB and their defense did disappoint. Dalton was Dalton; not nuts about his ability or game; They struggled with their ones against the Redskins. We do have some comparison there.

I really like our chances against them this year in our division.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/16/19 01:51 PM
If we lose to CIncy this season we’re in big trouble lol
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 08/16/19 04:44 PM
Haskins looked a lot better last night.. I think game 1 was just nerves and possibly trying to do too much.

Tackling in most of what I've watched across multiple games has been pretty bad.

I saw the absolute worst offensive pass interference call I've ever seen in my life against the Redskins.. if you haven't seen it, the video is out there.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/16/19 08:48 PM
Yes as DC says ... I’ve noticed a lot of poor tackling. Especially from DBs
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 08/16/19 10:09 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 01:56 AM
The Bills look very good ... good defense and good QB play.

The Panthers looked very undermanned and uninspired lol
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 03:04 AM
The Bills look very good ... good defense and good QB play.

The Panthers looked very undermanned and uninspired lol

The regular season will turn out the exact opposite of this.

On a related note, Daniel Jones has actually looked good. He's an accurate passer.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 09:12 AM
Yes, Jones’ passing has been very accurate ... he fumbled twice, but I’d much rather have that than INT’s at this point
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 12:46 PM
In watching the first half with most number ones and twos I looked at the TV (I get the NY games on regular channels) and huh why is Kitchens coaching the Giants Defense???

In the baseball cap and light beard they are look alikes...lol laugh

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 02:54 PM
Just watching the Ravens/Packers again ... Baltimore is showing a lot of different formations (Billick points it out nicely) and it’s hard to matchup and know what to expect each play for the defense. They can really make it hard on the LBs to stop the run
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 03:47 PM
Why ... they don’t have to defend the pass ... *L* ...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 03:52 PM
Was kinda nice to see Burgess get a pick 6 w/ the Jets
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 03:56 PM
Looks like Le'Veon Bell didn't play for the Jets. I wonder when he makes his debut.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 03:56 PM
Haha yes, of course .. but even with the read options, motions, etc. It’s like a high flying gadget O. But ideally, you just put 9 in the box lol
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Why ... they don’t have to defend the pass ... *L* ...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 04:27 PM
Week 1 of the regular season would be my guess ... maybe a token appearance in their next pre-season game ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 07:55 PM
They just said that the Chiefs were playing all starters tonight against PIT
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 07:56 PM
They just said that the Chiefs were playing all starters tonight against PIT

Different strokes for different folks.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 07:57 PM
Sorry i was jc
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/18/19 01:23 AM
Steelers up 7-0 ... been a sloppy game with flags/turnovers

But, Steelers have some playmakers that will be able to hold down the fort IMO
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 08/18/19 01:38 AM
Steelers defense still looks better than ours. Their front 7 is tough. I’m watch because my cousin plays for the chiefs. If Mahommes goes down chiefs are screwed. But both defenses look pretty good
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/18/19 01:44 AM
Artie BUrns looked a bit better than last year, at least that i saw
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 08/18/19 02:05 AM
I have said that I thought Baker needed to work on his footwork this past offseason, but I think the same can be said of Mahomes. He makes too many off-balance throws when he doesn't need to.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/18/19 02:10 AM
Yeah I agree .... he’s not nearly a finished product. He can’t get into the habit of relying on his pure talent ... just like Baker, continuing to work on his craft and footwork and reads is imperative of course
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 08/18/19 03:32 PM
If you are forced out of the pocket is that a negative or positive.

I've seen Rodgers and Mahomes make many an off balance throw and successful as well.

As long as Baker is force to move when he makes that off balance throw and most important connects with it like I've seen him do I don't see that as a problem. Now if its a problem with a clean pocket that is a different story. But don't remember too much of that. As a 2nd year player I'm sure he has worked on a lot.

jmho
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/18/19 10:09 PM
J/c
Watching the Saints/Chargers game ... Bridgewater was downright horrible. Gilbert was like Montana compared to him haha.

As for the Chargers, the combo of Jackson/Ekeler might not equal Gordon ... but I wouldn’t be TOTALLY worried either
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/19/19 12:27 AM
Been kind of busy recently with a death in the family. Quick rundown on who did well/poorly for the Steelers:

played well

TJ Watt
Mason Rudolph
James Washingto
Bud Dupree (finally)
Artie Burns(finally)
Tuzar Skipper - UDFA LB
Jaylen Samuels
Diontae Johnson an Diantae Spencer (UDFA receiver/special teams)

Poorly:
Josh Dobbs
Mike Hilton
Sean Davis
Xavier Grimble

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 08/19/19 12:57 AM
Against Tampa Bay,

I want to come out of that Tampa Bay game feeling better about the run game, and even if it means "learning" that it's not working, that would be something I could feel better about.

Who cares if they beat Tbay in a preseason game, let Tampa Bay win,

I know they can throw the ball, but can they run the ball.

There's no rule that says they can't call 40 running plays and just see what kind of success or failure they get out of it,

edit: Oops wrong topic rofl
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/19/19 01:06 AM
Dobbs didn’t look good, I agree. Grimble is a guy who I thought would succeed in PIT, but obviously that’s not the case
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 08/19/19 01:36 AM
I didn't think that Rudolph looked good at all.

He had a solid completion %, but his 15 attempts were for only 77 yards. (5.13 yards/attempt) Plus, he had a long completion of 22 yards. That means his other 14 attempts only gained 55 yards. That's not very good.

He did look good on one drive, but that was against a lot of guys who won't be playing on Sundays.

I have never been impressed with Rudolph, though, so there's that. I have heard him compared to Christian Ponder, and I think that's accurate. We'll see, though, if he is ever forced into real action
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/19/19 01:44 AM
Rudolph is looking a lot better than his rookie season. The current camp darling is a UDFA QB Devlin Hodges who has looked good in camp and last week played most of the 2nd half vs TB and toward the end of the game vs KC. TD drive in each game, admittedly against weaker competition.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/19/19 09:43 AM
Where is Hodges from? I’ll have to pay attention to him now
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 08/19/19 01:03 PM
Sorry for your loss, may their memory be eternal! frown
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 01:01 AM
Thank you eotab - it was my Aunt Rita, she was 1 hour from her 88th birthday, the last of her generation.

Dawgs4Life - He played at Samford in Alabam.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 01:26 AM
Jimmy G looked bad. He was not stepping into his throws. It was obvious the knee is either an issue or his mind hasn't moved past it yet. He was short-stepping everything and just slinging the ball and that resulted in late and weak throws.

I hope he can work his way through this.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 02:08 AM
Thanks !
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 02:09 AM
Yeah, I was just about to post Jimmy G’s performance too ... he seemed skittish (to borrow Butch’s phrase) and unsettled. A few horrible throws and had no pocket awareness.

Some of that is to be expected after a long injury, but he’s gotta get better fast
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 02:22 AM
T^here was an article last week that said he threw 5 straight interceptions in a practice. crazy
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 02:32 AM
Yikes, I can totally see it ... he shoulda had 2 straight tonight
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
T^here was an article last week that said he threw 5 straight interceptions in a practice. crazy
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 03:00 AM
Philip Lindsay and his hair....
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 03:34 AM
Yeah, I was just about to post Jimmy G’s performance too ... he seemed skittish (to borrow Butch’s phrase) and unsettled. A few horrible throws and had no pocket awareness.

Some of that is to be expected after a long injury, but he’s gotta get better fast

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to panic but Nick Mullens was really good last year.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/20/19 09:37 AM
Yeah I agree on both accounts ... I thought Mullens was a good fit for Shanny’s offense too (I think Shanny has one of th best offenses ... almost to a point that you can plug and play at certain positions).

If Jimmy G struggles like this the first few weeks, we may see Mullins by MNF against us
© DawgTalkers.net