DawgTalkers.net
Delanie Walker hearing Browns’ hype: All “Cleveland this, Cleveland that”

Posted by Charean Williams on September 2, 2019, 6:19 PM EDT

The Titans finished 9-7 last season, losing their season finale to finish short of the postseason. But all the Titans have heard all offseason is how good their first opponent is.

The Browns grace the cover of Sports Illustrated and have been featured prominently in GQ and ESPN the Magazine.

They are favored to beat the Titans on Sunday.

“The Tennessee Titans have always been under the radar. What’s new?’’ Walker said Monday, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “So I expect them to talk about the Cleveland Browns. Cleveland this, Cleveland that. We’re going to go in there and play football. As a group, we’ve just got to handle the noise and play our game.”

The Browns, who went 7-8-1 last season, have added receiver Odell Beckham, defensive end Olivier Vernon, defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, defensive back Morgan Burnett and running back Kareem Hunt in the offseason. (Hunt will miss the first eight games while serving a suspension.)

That has made the Browns the talk of the NFL and a favorite to contend in the AFC North.

“That’s the NFL,’’ Walker said. “They like to pick the team they assume is going to be Super Bowl champs because they’ve got guys on that team that I guess they can turn a whole organization around, just two or three guys. But, hey, that’s how it goes. I like that they get the hype. You’ve just got to go in there and play football, you know what I mean?’’

It’s bulletin board material, but NFL players shouldn’t need bulletin board material to get motivated for the season opener.

Link
We could be. IMO we shouldn't be looking past anyone. We may look good on paper but the games have to be played. We have new coaches, new players and questions at O-line which we all know is very important. The Steelers retooled and look good. They are the team to beat and if we don't we won't win our division. It's fine to be optimistic but I'd be cautious. JMO
we probably are.

but the season is just about to begin. so as a fan, ill believe the hype until the team gives me a reason otherwise.

I don't believe a head coach in the NFL looks past any opponent.

There is not much that separates one team from another that is why they say "any given Sunday."

You make enough mental errors you can lose any game.

Walker is just looking for an edge.

I'm confident our leadership group - starting with the coaches - won't let us rest on our laurels.

Because ATM, we don't have a lot of laurels on which to park our rear ends.

We, as Browns fans, are understandably excited. On paper, we look really good, but it's hard to win consistently in the NFL, even when you're not derailed by injuries, bad luck, et cetera.

Gonna be fun.

Week 1 isn't a must-have.
I don't think our Browns are overlooking the Titans by any means.

Media has the Browns hype, but the Browns are still trying to prove themselves - no different than the Titans are. Finishing the season below .500... nothing to boast about. No team should be overlooked.
I’m not in the locker room so I don’t know the answer to that, but I will say that we had better be fully ready for two guys: Delanie Walker and Dion Lewis. Both of their skill sets typically fare well against our defense.
Who is going to Qb the titans, Mariotta or Tannehil.
Mariota for awhile, then Tannehill, then the guy who played QB in high school but not since.
Hold on. First week of the season, second week we face the Jets, but we're looking past the Titans??

Seems legit.

Freddie and staff don't seem to allow that.. but we will see...
I think Delaney Walker is saying people are forgetting the Titans
Have a talented football team too.
Read between the lines of his quotes he's also saying the
Most hyped teams in the off season usually fall short
Of expectations.
The Titans will win or lose on the decision making of Mariotta.
The Browns are going to hit him early and oftenjoy
Once he gets hit hard he's does come apart
I think he is confusing the media and maybe fans with the Browns Football team. I have confidence that our leaders Kitchens, Baker, Landry, Garrett, and Chub are not looking past the Titans.

And because of:

1. The Browns focus
coupled with
2. a Titans organization that I think is reeling a bit (Struggling starting QB, fighting for his job, best olineman suspended)
and
3. We are at the Dawgpound...

I think we win decisively
I think we win this game if Mayfield doesn't go full-on Houston, like last year when he threw all those picks against the Texans.
Me: I"m not looking past anyone... I'm too stoked for Week 1 to be looking at any other week.

The Team: I *highly* doubt they are looking at anything or anyone other than the Titans. I'm betting that they're looking at making this more of a statement game than anything.

The scouts & assistants: I'm betting they're already looking ahead to the JETS and will be even moreso on Sunday, but that's part of their job.

The Media: 70% has already proclaimed us as having Arrived. The other 43% is warming the pitch and plucking feathers. Yes, those numbers overlap.
If we win we were not looking past them.
The Dawgpound that was started in the 80s with Minnifield and Dixon really should stay in that era
It's 2019.
New era new roster.
I think it's time the Browns fans tried a new theme.
Big Dawg and the Bone Lady were embarrasments enough.
Quote:
I think it's time the Browns fans tried a new theme.

It wasn't something that was "tried". Like all good things that stick, it just happened, and it started with the players.

It'll get replaced (or added to) when something else just "happens".
j/c

I'm relying on the team's training camp that was spent almost entirely in pads. That built a certain level of toughness. Mental as well as physical toughness. It accelerated football conditioning. Guys on both sides of the ball have already adjusted to carrying their pads. I expect that to show up as 4 quarters of execution.

Baker will benefit from having a season under his belt. Then you consider the upgrade in talent.

All indications are that the whole team has bought into Freddie's approach.

I feel very good about this team's readiness to compete.

All of the hype is outside of the team.
Who is calling the plays?

Freddie or the OC?
Game one?

Freddie 100%
Unless he finds himself with a hefty lead.
Then probably still Freddie.
This topic is silly.

Brownies looking past the Titans for the JETS???????????????

Get a grip.
All I know is Larry O spoke up and stated that we have been working on a defensive game plan against the Titans implimented weeks ago. I know we come with a lot of hype, that is scary cause we never had any national hype before. But like teams in the past around the NFL who had the hype also...Got to make all believers of the hype by simply Winning.

So the answer is no we are not looking past the Titans, we actually have been working hard and the hype is for the fans and Analysts cause that is what they do. The team however is not thinking all they have to do is show up. They I am sure are thinking about doing their jobs and then some!

jmho
I hadn’t heard that quote from Larry O, so that’s good to hear (and not surprising) ... I’d think both teams will be super prepared for week 1. I do worry a bit about our lack of real time reps as a 1st team offense, but I think every team is in the same boat
Apparently MKC hopes they are, digging up another negative vibe on the Browns.

What's a Delanie Walker anyhow?

I hope we do look past them and say so. How refreshing!

"If you can't say something nice about someone, then . . . ."
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I don't believe a head coach in the NFL looks past any opponent.

There is not much that separates one team from another that is why they say "any given Sunday."

You make enough mental errors you can lose any game.

Walker is just looking for an edge.

Browns haven't won a opener in how long?It's the media that sets the tone for some of the nonsense,the team isn't overlooking anyone.
If you pay attention to anything that Freddie Kitchens says, there is no way they are looking past the Titans.. NO WAY.

Does that mean we'll win,, No,, it doesn't guarantee anything.

This looks a lot like bulletin board material.. and nothing more to me.
Originally Posted By: eotab
I know we come with a lot of hype, that is scary cause we never had any national hype before.

well, we have.... the season following Derek Anderson's breakout year we received a ton of hype. Nowhere near the level we're getting now - actually, I don't recall many teams EVER getting this level of hype - but we were still hyped and we got a few national games & MNF that season.

We rewarded the hype by imploding. All of the receivers stopped bailing out Anderson and we shriveled and wilted in the spotlight.
j/c

I don't believe anyone in the organization or on this team is overlooking the Titans. But what this type of talk does do is set the stage. Now I know you can't draw any conclusions from the preseason nor does it give you a clue as to how you will open the season. But I will say this.

The Titans are a sold team. Mariota is on his contract year and if anything can bring the best out in a player it's an upcoming contract negotiation.

We have a new HC. Now I know all of the arguments against that statement but it is what it is. We have a new OC and a new DC. If we have anything to be concerned about it will be a struggle coming out of the gate with all new coaches at their perspective positions with the Browns. Sometimes implementing new systems and coaches takes a little time to fire on all cylinders. We hope not and it may not be the case at all. But if I had to state my biggest concern, that would be it.

But if that does happen, you won't hear about it. This article along with other talk will hone in on, "The Browns were looking past the titans and weren't focused."

I don't believe there will be an ounce of truth to it. But we all know how things go once a narrative has been set.
Nope. We're gonna beat their ass. It's our time.
I don't think any team overlooks their opposition in week 1 ... starting well is too important. I expect Miami to be pretty woeful - maybe 3 wins throughout the season - but I don't think their week 1 opponents will be overlooking Miami ... Titans are far better than Miami imo.
J/c

Three things worry me about the Titans:

1. Their DL is no joke
2. Delanie Walker
3. Dion Lewis
j/c:

I don't know about the team, but I think some of our fans are overlooking the Titans.

Their offense is not very good, but their defense is legit. They were 8th in yards and 3rd in points last year. The Browns were 30th and 21st.

I have been reading the predictions of what our offensive guys will do and about how many points we will score. Not sure how realistic those predictions are?

I will say that it will be a nice accomplishment if the Brown's offense lights up the Titan defense.
Agreed ... I see a lot of predictions in the 30s and even some in the 40s ... if we score more than 24 against Tennessee I’ll be content.

If our defense can’t hold them under that number, we deserve to lose of course
J/C

I am pretty sure its impossible to look past the first game. I mean, you are so geared up for the season, the first game is ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT!

I highly doubt the team will be focused on anything else. As someone said, doesn't mean we cant lose, but I expect our guys to be prepared and ready to play.
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
This topic is silly.

Get a grip.

Lighten up, Francis.

There are no gimmie's.

Walker and Henry are both good players who can cause damage.

They do have a very good defense.

For me given our history; I sweat every team.

All we have read. All the hope we have. It is my belief that every Browns fan still has lingering doubts. That is who we are because we have every reason to feel that way.

I would love to say and actually believe we will crush the Titans.

I can't.

I have to see this team play a game to get a feel for who we really are.

After this game I will be more confident in making predictions.
I agree bone ... heck, even if we drill the titans I’ll still be weary of the Jets ... i just think it’s unwise to think anything’s a gimme
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
This topic is silly.

Get a grip.

Lighten up, Francis.

How did you know my first name?

You must be clairvoyant.
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

What's a Delanie Walker anyhow?

Very true! I've never heard of the guy.

So everyone...

What's a Delanie Walker???????????????????????????????
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400951582

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400874703

I know it’s in jest, but Delanie Walker had key plays to beat us the last two times we played Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I don't know about the team, but I think some of our fans are overlooking the Titans.

Their offense is not very good, but their defense is legit. They were 8th in yards and 3rd in points last year. The Browns were 30th and 21st.

I have been reading the predictions of what our offensive guys will do and about how many points we will score. Not sure how realistic those predictions are?

I will say that it will be a nice accomplishment if the Brown's offense lights up the Titan defense.

As fans, if we look past the Titans, there is no harm or foul.. Means nothing.

Just so long as the Browns players don't do the same, it should be a good game.
While we had wins and were close to .500 last season, we didn't beat teams with winning records. And while I know it was last year, the Titans did have a winning record last year and looking at their division this year, I see them as the favorites. I would see beating a team that went 9-7 last year as a step forward.
I don't see anywhere in the piece where he says we might be looking past them or any evidence that we are..... mostly it's just him whining because the Browns are getting a lot of hype and the perpetually mediocre Titans are expected to again be.... mediocre.
I highly doubt there are any teams in the NFL that truly "look past" any team. Even when we were at our worst, I didn't see many, if any, opponents that came in and looked awful because they weren't prepared.

Maybe they didn't put in as robust a game plan, but they certainly game planned us. Heck, I remember that there were teams that knew what play we were going to run just as we lined up. That doesn't seem like they looked past us.

There isn't much that divides the best to the worst in the NFL, and there really is an "Any Given Sunday" thing that happens.

I highly doubt we are looking past the Titans. I highly doubt Kitchens is chalking this up as a win already, and I highly doubt anyone else on our team is, either. Because if the Browns come out flat, the players and coaches will be the ones bearing the brunt of the media and fans.

It isn't our fault the NFL and the media have been hyping us. We're a great story, and we have a huge fanbase that the NFL is just dying to capitalize on. So they play us up. If we meet expectations, then it's great for everyone. If we fail, then it's still a great story for the media.

We can't take the Titans lightly because they aren't a bad team by any stretch.

But no team can take us lightly, either.
Quote:
I highly doubt Kitchens is chalking this up as a win already, and I highly doubt anyone else on our team is, either. Because if the Browns come out flat, the players and coaches will be the ones bearing the brunt of the media and fans.

I agree. Kitchens has said about 1000 times this offseason, we haven't proven anything yet. As of now, we are just a collection of pretty good players until we go out and win.

If anything, I would bet the Browns are bordering on being TOO hyped up for this game in an effort to prove the hype is real because underneath the hype, there have been a fair share of naysayers as well.... *cough**cough*Colin Cowherd*cough**cough*
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I agree. Kitchens has said about 1000 times this offseason, we haven't proven anything yet. As of now, we are just a collection of pretty good players until we go out and win.

So we're good on paper.

Whoopty-hell!
Titans have a Pepsi machine at LT. I would expect our D to come up with 5 or 6 sacks.

He is probably more annoyed his team actually has to practice the week they play the Browns to beat us. I'm sure in the past, teams took the entire week off and still came out and smacked us around.
j/c:

I think people are misreading what Walker actually said.
j/c:

This type of thing has become an epidemic. Reporters twisting and embellishing what someone says into a sensational headline, and people (including other reporters) not really reading the actual statements and instead running with the headline.
Glad you brought up the headline. I should have but forgot. It was misleading as can be. And you are right, we see that crap all the time.
This topic is silly.

Get a grip.

Lighten up, Francis.

How did you know my first name?

You must be clairvoyant.

brownie
j/c:

“The Tennessee Titans have always been under the radar. What’s new?’’ Walker said Monday, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “So I expect them to talk about the Cleveland Browns. Cleveland this, Cleveland that. We’re going to go in there and play football. As a group, we’ve just got to handle the noise and play our game.”

I think it's clear he thinks the Titans are always overlooked and that many are handing the Browns the win without playing a down. It's an interesting point of discussion in the sense that right now, it's all about perception. Which is fine. The game will be played on Sunday and we'll know who the better team is at that time. For now, it's bubblegum for the brain.

Do I think the Browns are overlooking the Titans? No. I think they're chomping at the bit to play a real game. Do I think they'll plow through the Titans? I hope so, but I don't think so. Truth is, I'm really curious to see what type of team we actually have. I think I know, but I don't really know, ya know? I believe we have a defensive juggernaut and an offensive powerhouse. But we may just have a mistake-prone young team learning how to play together. Hopefully, that's what Freddie's "Tough Camp" was all about, getting them ready to play. But I do believe the Browns will be tested Sunday. That's good. They should be. I think we'll win, but I don't know for sure.

I think the hype is funny. It has become this perpetual motion machine that began the minute we drafted Baker and was fed nitro fuel by the signing of OBJ. We have some excellent talent. But the media handing them the division title is premature at best, ego feeding harmful at worst. Hopefully not. Hopefully, Freddie keeps them grounded. The bottom line is this: We'll have the answers to a lot of questions at the end of the day Sunday, and until then, everything else is inconsequential. But it was a fun thread.
Are you agreeing or disagreeing w/me? It sounds like you are disagreeing.

I made my comment because of this headline and how others commented on Walker saying that:

Quote:
Are we looking past the Titans? Delanie Walker thinks so

I didn't see him say that. Did I miss it or am I correct that his words are being twisted?
Quote:
“The Tennessee Titans have always been under the radar. What’s new?’’ Walker said Monday, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

He clearly states the Titans are often overlooked.

Quote:
“So I expect them to talk about the Cleveland Browns. Cleveland this, Cleveland that. We’re going to go in there and play football. As a group, we’ve just got to handle the noise and play our game.”

He intimates here that looking past them would be a mistake.

So yes, I'm disagreeing with you. Since I wrote the thread title, I don't believe I "twisted" his words. It's how I interpret what he said. If you disagree, that's fine. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. The point of my prior post was to point out that it really doesn't matter either way.
I think you are dead ass wrong on this one. I didn't realize you wrote the thread title.

The guy did not say that he believes the Browns are overlooking the Titans. He was talking about the media and they hype machine. Not the Browns.
You're entitled to your opinion. He implied everyone overlooks them by saying what he said. If you don't see it that way, that's fine. I don't care.
Baker Mayfield says Odell Beckham Jr. and Browns’ WRs ‘should be licking their chops’ in 1-on-1 matchups vs. Titans

Updated Sep 4, 6:49 PM; Posted Sep 4, 3:02 PM

Baker Mayfield on Browns vs. Titans in season opener

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

BEREA, Ohio — Baker Mayfield will put his money on Odell Beckham Jr. and other Browns receivers in one-on-one matchups with the Titans on Sunday.

“I have full confidence in all our playmakers, our skill position guys that if they have one-on-ones, they should be licking their chops and they should all take that as disrespect because that’s the type of team we have and we need to take advantage of,’’ Mayfield said. “It’s going to be a matchup game.’’

Mayfield finally has almost his full complement of receivers on the field with Beckham, Jarvis Landry and others, and likes their chances in the opener at FirstEnergy. The only one not available is Antonio Callaway, who is suspended the first four games.

“It’s going to look like a lot of matchups that we can take advantage of, a numbers game,’’ Mayfield re-iterated. “Seeing how they’re going to play us and be able to adjust off of that. Being able to do our basic stuff but then adjust on what they’re doing.’’

Nevertheless, Mayfield speaks highly of the Titans’ defense, which finished No. 8 overall in 2018 and No. 6 against the pass.

"Obviously with a team like that that has a bunch of veterans in the secondary and guys up front as well, they communicate well,'' he said. "They’re able to do a lot of stuff and disguise and make it look like certain things, which is what the great defenses do, is give you one look and completely show another one, so it’s tough.

"But I think that comes down to us doing our basics and going through my reads and adjusting on the fly, seeing what their gameplan is, and just being able to adjust.''

He said lack of reps in preseason with Beckham, who missed all four exhibition games with a hip injury, is overrated.

“I didn’t take a snap with Jarvis all last year during the preseason, so yes, it’s probably pretty overblown,’’ he said.

As for Beckham, Mayfield said, “I think he’s excited to get back to football. He’s feeling healthy and ready to go. I’d say just talking to him and knowing who he is, he’s very excited to get on the field with a fresh start. He’s ready to do it for himself.’’

Besides, having a superstar receiver who can make one-handed circus catches makes Mayfield’s job a lot easier.

“I always pride myself on being an accurate guy, but he’s kind of a security blanket if I do make a mistake,'' Mayfield said. "Just knowing what he can do to effect the defense, it helps us as an offense as a whole but also just to know that I have that threat at all times is great.”

Titans coach Mike Vrabel acknowledged that the Titans now have some film to dig into with Mayfield because he started 13 games last year. Whether or not he’ll identify any weaknesses is another story.

“We can take a look at all the film,’’ Vrabel said on a conference call. “He’s a talented, confident player that’s accurate, a quick release, throws the deep ball well and is mobile. He also has the intangibles of: the energy, the leadership. That’ll be certainly a huge key for us is just trying to contain the guy that’s distributing the football to a bunch of really good players.''

Freddie Kitchens said Mayfield has taken ownership of the Browns’ offense like they wanted him to this season. And depending on his grasp of it and how much the offense can handle, he’ll likely operate a fair amount out of the no-huddle this season

“Yeah, I think he has a good knowledge of what we want to do and he has a good knowledge of the terminology,’’ said Kitchens. “That always evolves so it is not really set in stone right now exactly who we are going to be. Some of it depends on the week so it is always evolving.”

Mayfield noted that “it’s definitely different going into this week knowing that I’m starting the game. Last year, I prepared like I was going to play though, but the game has definitely slowed down for me, so preparation’s been different.’’

He said he ‘absolutely’ has more control over things this year and “it was very beneficial to be the guy going into it, being able to give my input on certain things, certain concepts and how we’re doing things.”

Mayfield, who’s had precious few reps this offseason with his entire offense, is eager to put it all together and see what this talent-loaded offense is capable of.

“I’m excited,’’ he said. “You’re finally putting the pads on and it’s real. We’ve had a long offseason. It’s been a long wait. I feel like it’s been a longer one than last year, so we’re ready to go. I’m ready to go. It is all business.”

He’s not concerned with living up to the hype.

“Nobody has done anything yet, so I’d say everyone is starting the same -- square one. I’d say it’s pretty hard to live up to any hype if you’re listening to the outside,'' he said. "None of that really matters, so I think we’ve got a bunch of guys who have bought in to what’s going on in this building and the standards that we’re setting. So to us that’s all that matters.”

Mayfield said he didn’t do anything drastically different after going 10-of-26 for 72 yards with one interception in Tampa for a 30.6 rating.

“No, I’d say I started building more reps with guys, building chemistry and stuff like that,’’ he said. “At that point we installed everything, gone over all the basics, Now it’s about getting the little details down, fine-tuning certain things.''

But everyone has ramped up the intensity over the last 10 days or so as the Season of Hype us about to begin.

“As soon as that third preseason game was over, you start to see that sense of urgency and once the final cuts are made, you start seeing what type of team we’re putting together,'' he said. "It’s pretty exciting to see the energy that we’re bringing.”

Link
Delanie Walker and the Tennessee Titans?

Walker did NOT say the Browns were overlooking them. You are misreading his comments. And yes, you do care.

Btw..............Baker is running his mouth again. His comments are far worse than Walker's. Not even close.
lol thumbsup
Myles Garrett to Opponents Facing Browns: 'It's Going to Be a Bloodbath'
PAUL KASABIAN
SEPTEMBER 4, 2019

FILE - In this Aug. 8, 2019, file photo, Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (95) rushes the passer during an NFL preseason football game against the Washington Redskins in Cleveland. Cleveland’s defensive line could be the team’s greatest strength, and Pro Bowl defensive end Myles Garrett may be on the verge of becoming the league’s most unstoppable force. (AP Photo/David Richard, File)
David Richard/Associated Press
The Cleveland Browns have their sights set on a Super Bowl run after acquiring superstar wideout Odell Beckham Jr., edge-rusher Olivier Vernon, defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson and running back Kareem Hunt among others this offseason.

Browns defensive end Myles Garrett expressed his confidence in his team's outlook during a recent interview with ESPN The Magazine for its body issue.

"I'm excited, but at the end of the day, you got to actually put thoughts into action. Odell, [quarterback Baker Mayfield], [wide receiver Jarvis Landry], they all put in the work to make this year special. We just got to believe in each other. The D-line, we've all been at OTAs together; nobody's really missed any days so we're all really getting that chemistry. It's going to be a bloodbath."

Garrett broke through in his second season with 13.5 sacks, 29 quarterback hits and three forced fumbles. But he'll have plenty of help along Cleveland's defensive line.

Defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi returns for his third year after Pro Football Focus credited him with the eighth-most defensive stops in the league among interior defenders in 2018.

Richardson had 4.5 sacks and 49 tackles for the Minnesota Vikings en route to helping his team finish ninth in scoring defense. Meanwhile, Vernon led the New York Giants with seven sacks in only 11 games last season, marking the sixth straight year in which he had 6.5 or more.

The Browns are 14-1 to win the Super Bowl despite finishing 7-8-1 last season, which puts them sixth on the Caesars Palace odds ledger.

Given the amount of talent in the Browns locker room, the preseason optimism may well come to fruition.

Link
Walker did NOT say the Browns were overlooking them. You are misreading his comments. And yes, you do care.

Btw..............Baker is running his mouth again. His comments are far worse than Walker's. Not even close.

Agree.

Baker has to dial it down with bulletin board material.

Unless he wins. If he wins, he can say whatever he wants.

I'm the last guy to defend Baker because I wish he'd talk less, but listen to the presser and tell me if you think MKC fairly captured what Baker was saying. Yes, he said it but the tone wasn't anywhere near what MKC is making it out to be. It wasn't trash talk. I think he was trying to build his guys up and expressing confidence in his players and the offense.

I despise MKC. She's a troublemaker.
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Agree.

nah... this is who he is. he runs his mouth and he will continue to do so.

So, people are trashing Walker for what he did not say and are excusing what Baker did say?

Got it. thumbsup
So, people are trashing Walker for what he did not say and are excusing what Baker did say?

Got it. thumbsup

So you don't want to try and have a more informed opinion.

Why not just say that instead of getting snarky.
I get what you are saying. But Walker did not say the Browns were overlooking the Titans.

Baker's words, despite the tone, will have a greater affect on bulletin board material than Walker's. That's my only point.

I am taking your word for it when you say that MKC didn't acknowledge the tone of Baker's comments. Not arguing that. But, the words are pretty strong if I am a Titan DB.

Got it. thumbsup

No one is trashing Walker. You're making this up out of whole cloth.

I think you are twisting words. Walker said nothing about the Brown's players and coaching staff overlooking the Titans. Nothing.

Your thread title is misleading.
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Agree.

nah... this is who he is. he runs his mouth and he will continue to do so.

Yep.
I told you, that's my interpretation, deal with it or don't. As I said, I don't care. You, on the other hand, are just making crap up.
Mike Vrabel: Browns’ hype ‘doesn’t concern me’; Damarious Randall ‘tired of hearing the talk’
Updated Sep 4, 8:58 PM; Posted Sep 4, 7:38 PM
Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel in action during the second half of an NFL preseason football game against the Chicago Bears, Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019, in Chicago. (AP Photo/David Banks)
AP

Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel in action during the second half of an NFL preseason football game against the Chicago Bears, Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019, in Chicago. (AP Photo/David Banks)
0 shares
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

BEREA, Ohio — While his starting tight end Delanie Walker likes that the Browns are getting all the hype heading into Sunday’s opener between the Browns and Titans at FirstEnergy Stadium, coach Mike Vrabel couldn’t care less.

“Anybody’s hype does not concern me, the team or the organization," he said. “It does not. We handle it the same way we do with anything else. We come in, we try to meet, we try to practice, we try to improve each and every day and we try to study and learn the opponent, understand how we need to play that specific week to give ourselves a chance to win the game, prepare and go and compete.

“That does not change for anybody. This week is the Browns. I can’t control what anybody says about the Cleveland Browns or I can’t control what anyone says about the Tennessee Titans. I am just trying to get the team ready.”

Vrabel did get in a minor dig, though, about the Titans flying under the radar when asked about the challenge of living up to expectations.

“I would have no idea,’’ he said. “We’re never hyped here at the Titans so I would have no idea.”

Damarious Randall tired of the chatter

Walker isn’t the only one weary of “Cleveland this, Cleveland that.”

Even Browns safety Damarious Randall, who played for the all-hyped team, is sick of it.

“We’ve got guys that have been fighting together through camp,’’ he said. “We’ve got guys that since OTAs have put together a plan. We actually believe in that plan and we trust that plan. We finally get to go out and show the world what we’ve been doing the last two, three months because there’s been a lot of talk.

“I’m tired of hearing the talk. I’m ready to play football, period. The fact that it’s finally here, I’m definitely stoked, happy about it, and I hope the fans are ready to go because we are just as excited as they are.’’

Given all the talk, it is even more important for the Browns to go out and prove it Week 1 that it’s more than that?

“Obviously, we want to go out there and win Week 1," he said. “But I mean, that’s not the Super Bowl, and our ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl. So we’ve just got to build each and every week so we can reach our ultimate goal."

Does all the “Cleveland this, Cleveland that” about Baker Mayfield, Odell Beckham and company fire up the opponent?

“No, I don’t think it does because at the end of the day, people are going to talk,’’ said Randall. “Whether we had these guys or not, it’s the first game of the season. People are going to talk, and I’m just glad that we know what we’ve got in this locker room. We know Sunday at one o’clock, there ain’t going to be too much more talking. I guess we’ll have to see at one o’clock Sunday.’’

With some dream teams turning into nightmares, will the Browns live up to the hype?

"I just feel like that we know what we have in this locker room and we're going to go out there each and every play and fight as one and the end result Sunday will let us know if we're good enough or if we've lived up to the hype. I guess we can talk about it next week."

Vrabel on Taywan Taylor giving away the Titans’ secrets

Vrabel seemed unfazed by new Browns receiver Taywan Taylor, acquired Saturday in a trade with the Titans for a seventh-round pick, sharing the Titans’ intel.

“That happens a lot,’’ said Vrabel. “They can pick up the phone and call people. Guys bring people in for workouts, give them a lunch and talk to them about where they have been. Players travel and move to teams. I think that happens quite often — so I am sure Taywan told them everything he knows.”

Taylor admitted Monday that a Browns defensive coach pulled him aside and got a scouting report.

“He said he didn’t want me to feel like I was in an interrogation room,” Taylor said. “He asked me a few things, and I tried to give some information on them. From there, they’re just going to look at the game film, game plan.

“He’s going to use those little notes that he got from me and things like that, and he’s going to make a transition, take it over to the meeting room and try to use that to help those guys. I think we’ll be ready. We’ll be well prepared.”

LT Dennis Kelly practices

Kelly, who’s replacing the Titans’ suspended left tackle Taylor Lewan, practiced full-go on Wednesday after missing Monday for an undisclosed reason. It will mark his first start at left tackle after starting on the right side last year.

“We will do our best to block them,’’ Vrabel said. “They’re really good players, and we understand that this is a great challenge.”

On facing the unknown Browns

The Browns have a new head coach in Freddie Kitchens, three new coordinators and their offense has new players and a new scheme. But Vrabel doesn’t view it much differently than any other Week 1 matchup.

“If you look around, there are a lot of things that people have not seen," he said. “Each week, especially in this first week where teams have been doing stuff and they have some big plays and some things that they are going to try to do that they maybe picked up in the offseason that they are going to do a little differently. That will be the same throughout the week.”

Link
For someone who doesn't care, you sure seem upset because I am saying that Walker said nothing about the Brown's players and coaches overlooking the Titans.

Got it. thumbsup

Nothing Baker said, from that article needs excusing.
I'm not upset at all. I'm just marveling at the fact that someone who purports to have such high posting standards will dig his heels in about an interpretation through one side of his mouth, then create fictional BS out of the other. It's quite fascinating.

Nothing? The Titans may disagree.

Quote:
they should be licking their chops and they should all take that as disrespect because that’s the type of team we have and we need to take advantage of,’’ Mayfield said. “It’s going to be a matchup game.’’

“It’s going to look like a lot of matchups that we can take advantage of, a numbers game,
’’ Mayfield re-iterated. “Seeing how they’re going to play us and be able to adjust off of that. Being able to do our basic stuff but then adjust on what they’re doing.’’
I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

I thought you were a macho competitive person.

As far as the game? We'll know much more Sunday at around 4 pm.
Now, you are resorting to insults and of course, someone likes a personal insult.

Okay Cal, I'll leave your thread. Another brick in the wall.
Did you insult vers? If so, I didn't see it.
Versatile Dog:

I've got more problem with the "bloodbath" statement from Myles,(but still no problem with that either); but the star Qb is going to get quoted, and I still see nothing that needs excused, even if you put it in green.

I'll tell you who isn't talking, yet.

Nick Chubb,
Andreaz,
Denzell,
or Carrie and Mitchell,

among others, the Browns OT's for example, and Mr Ogunjobi, and Mr. Richardson, A couple of linebackers,

And I think if you DO try and cover a playmaker one on one, then it should be lights out, here comes a break away play.

No doubt the Titans will use screens, and quick release passes, from the shotgun to negate the pass rush, And runs will come up the middle to compensate for the starting Tackles absence.

I don't want to look back and say this is the game that kept the Browns out of the playoffs, when January gets here
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Did you insult vers? If so, I didn't see it.

If I did, it wasn't intentional, I was simply pointing out the disparity in his two positions. But, none of that has to do with anything related to this thread so I'll leave it at that and hope it can get back on track.
JC

Here’s another narrative Mayfield isn’t buying: It’ll be difficult for him to distribute the ball enough to keep Beckham, Landry, Higgins, running back Nick Chubb and tight end David Njoku happy.

“I have full confidence in all of our guys, all of our playmakers, skill position guys, that if they have one-on-ones, they should be licking their chops because they should all take that as disrespect,” Mayfield said. “But that’s the type of team that we have, and we need to take advantage of it.”

Hmmm... Sounds like the QB is saying that any dawg that wants the ball should go out and act like someone stole it. And that he has full confidence that this group of men will do just that.

Shame... shame...
Meanwhile, Garrett conjures images of the final season of GOT.

I love it!

Got it. thumbsup

Your Baker hate is out of control. You're actually wondering why we slam the opponent and root for our qb?

Agree.

What did he say that has you guys riled up this time?
Quote:
What's a Delanie Walker???????????????????????????????

Now you know.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001052469/article/walker-browns-were-who-we-thought-they-were
I hope that pisses the Browns off.
Titans made the Browns eat $#!% and they know it. The only thing they need to be pissed off about is how badly they played.
It's a competitive thing Cal. If I'm playing pick up basketball and I lose and the team that beats me is talking crap, I want to play again and I'm going to be laser focused.

That's all I'm saying. Delanie Walker, the TE of a perpetually mediocre team, beat you and is rubbing it in your face.

If that doesn't make you want to bounce back and play your next opponent (and hope you get another crack at the Titans) then there is no hope.
Well said Rish, i agree with that
I'm saying the shellacking by the Titans and the subsequent comments by Walker need to be way far down on the motivating factor list. They need to dig deep and decide who they're going to be, they need to motivate themselves and not worry about what anyone outside the organization is doing or saying. It's up to them to get it right, and they can't be relying on outside comments to do their motivating for them.
I'm saying the shellacking by the Titans and the subsequent comments by Walker need to be way far down on the motivating factor list. They need to dig deep and decide who they're going to be, they need to motivate themselves and not worry about what anyone outside the organization is doing or saying. It's up to them to get it right, and they can't be relying on outside comments to do their motivating for them.

They've gone out of their way this whole off season to tell us they are not listening to anyone outside the organization.

That doesn't appear to be working.

Nothing wrong with a little extra motivation.

As in coaches need to start coaching.

I remember last year Freddie tried to be their buddy. As in "Tell me your favorite play and we will do that." Or some such thing.

I dont think the coach should be their buddy.

Ask how many Pats players if Bellichek is their buddy.

I am not sure if this coaching staff has any coaching skills.
I'm pretty sure no one on this board has any answers.
I wonder if Freddie has anymore cute one liners like
"Whoopietie hell" or the "brown and orange" do you matter?
Maybe He should Say
"I need to coach better" or " I'm sweatin..I could end up of like Pettine"
I didn't think we were, now it appears Walker was right.
Titans made the Browns eat $#!% and they know it. The only thing they need to be pissed off about is how badly they played.

The Browns made the Browns eat#$%$&%%^*()...I didn't see the game but listened to some of it..it was 15-13 when I had to exit..sounds like the D was undisciplined and the offense was stuck in training camp.
I won't even address any comments by the opponents because of the hype laid on the team, the ONLY way to shut people up is to win..not play like like a junior varsity team.
Originally Posted By: Attack Dawg

The Browns made the Browns eat#$%$&%%^*()...I didn't see the game but listened to some of it..it was 15-13 when I had to exit..sounds like the D was undisciplined and the offense was stuck in training camp.
I won't even address any comments by the opponents because of the hype laid on the team, the ONLY way to shut people up is to win..not play like like a junior varsity team.
The titans were better coached, better prepared, and sound in their execution.

They controlled the line of scrimmage and manhandled the Browns. That is epitome of forcing your opponent to eat pooh.

The Browns looked like Aaron Goldhammer. The Titans lined up, put up, and stomped on our throats.
Quote:
The Browns looked like Aaron Goldhammer.

rofl
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: Attack Dawg

The titans were better coached, better prepared, and sound in their execution.

They controlled the line of scrimmage and manhandled the Browns. That is epitome of forcing your opponent to eat pooh.

The Browns looked like Aaron Goldhammer. The Titans lined up, put up, and stomped on our throats.

oh,..looking like AG is bad..
You missed the analogy.

AG ate a Poop sandwich.

The Browns were forced fed a poop sandwich yesterday.

Hence, they looked like Aaron Goldhammer.

I wasn't referring to his ACTUAL looks. Which, ironically is that of a pipsqueak - which is what the Browns looked like as well yesterday.
too savage lmfao
Originally Posted By: Swish
too savage lmfao
not after that showing yesterday.

I honestly felt the titans were going to win the game going into it. Im not mad about losing it. They are a damn good Football team, and solid all around.

The way we lost is the gut punch.
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
You missed the analogy.

AG ate a Poop sandwich.

The Browns were forced fed a poop sandwich yesterday.

Hence, they looked like Aaron Goldhammer.

I wasn't referring to his ACTUAL looks. Which, ironically is that of a pipsqueak - which is what the Browns looked like as well yesterday.

I was trying to avoid that analogy...
I was trying to avoid watching a poop sandwich for the first time in 15 years, yet here I was taking a bit with no breath mints in sight.

Hope next week we don't get fed poop soup, cause the jets are a decent team.

Sorry, everyone. I'm so sorry. naughtydevil
This is maybe the best thing that can happen to a team like this. Maybe this brings things into perspective a little and makes them put their heads down and charge ahead.

One can only hope it does.
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
This is maybe the best thing that can happen to a team like this. Maybe this brings things into perspective a little and makes them put their heads down and charge ahead.

One can only hope it does.

Agreed, hopefully.

The problem with the "blocking out all the noise" mantra is that you can go too far the other way and end up in your own echo chamber.
© DawgTalkers.net