DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/05/19 11:56 PM
This could be fun...

I think we win the toss, elect to receive.

Hilliard catches the kickoff in the end zone, we start at the 25.

1st and 10 from the 25. Play action pass after a fake handoff to Chubb, Mayfield hits Landry coming across the field for a 12 yard gain.

What does everyone else think will be our first offensive play?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:06 AM
Mayfield to Higgins. 20 yard gain.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:08 AM
Handoff up the middle.

Did you see the start of every drive of every game of the Browns, of every year since Adam and Eve?

They Always start handoff up the middle to start a game,
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:13 AM
It's a home game. Thus, I predict we run play action and throw a quick, safe, short out to OBJ. Crowd goes crazy and the place is filled w/positive energy.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:14 AM
I would consider a fumble or interception the first play I would find offensive.
Posted By: Dave Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:24 AM
Toss sweep to Chubb, who breaks it off just outside the hash marks, cuts upfield, trucks the Safety, and goes the distance for a 75 yard TD run.
Originally Posted By: Dave
Toss sweep to Chubb, who breaks it off just outside the hash marks, cuts upfield, trucks the Safety, and goes the distance for a 75 yard TD run.

Would there be anything left of First Energy Stadium if that happens?

My guess is we want to throw deep, but it's covered, and Mayfield throws it away.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:53 AM
The Bomb.
Baker Reagan Mayfield to Odell Beckham Jr.
Touchdown!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:54 AM
Slant to OBJ.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 01:03 AM
Metcalf up the middle ...

But really, I think a fake stretch hand off, play action to OBJ for a quick hitter
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 01:05 AM
Fake toss sweep to Chubb, Mayfield deep to OBJ for a TD. wink
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 01:10 AM
Landry to obj bomb
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 01:13 AM
Njoku beats a LB for a 1st down.
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I would consider a fumble or interception the first play I would find offensive.

I see what you did there.

Personally, I found the Book of Mormon offensive.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 02:07 AM
Play action Chubb run fake, pass to Landry over the middle for 15.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 04:13 AM
Baker swing pass to Chubb for a 75 yard TD!
Posted By: FATE Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 05:20 AM
Baker late on a 12 yard out to Higgins.
In-Com-Plete
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 09:09 AM
What if we go with the 3RB look and start in the no huddle .. that’d throw them off
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:50 PM
Chubb 4 yard gain up the middle.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 12:50 PM
I know one thing....we wont see a flea flicker from the endzone.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 02:38 PM
Titans' defense rushes 6, Chubb bumps and slows one up, peels off, catches a screen pass and gains 17 before getting shoved out of bounds.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 06:20 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Landry to obj bomb

I was going to call the 'Dilly, Dilly' Landry to Mayfield, but this makes WAY more sense.

#SecondThatEmotion
I think Freddie will want to get Baker in a rhythm early on with easy throws so we will start with a quick screen to OBJ for 15 yards
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 06:29 PM
Swing pass out of the backfield to Chubb.
Posted By: Jester Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/06/19 06:43 PM
Off tackle run
Chubb for 4
Then we go no huddle on the 1st drive
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/07/19 12:33 AM
Power sweep right, Chubb finds a crease and goes for 13 yards.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/07/19 12:46 AM
Man, I think it would be cool as hell if we could run a pool over this. We each put in $5 and the winner collects it all. If we are all wrong, the proceeds go to Purp or is donated to a charity.

I know it's not feasible because of the issues of collecting the money...........but, it would still be cool.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/07/19 01:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Man, I think it would be cool as hell if we could run a pool over this. We each put in $5 and the winner collects it all. If we are all wrong, the proceeds go to Purp or is donated to a charity.

I know it's not feasible because of the issues of collecting the money...........but, it would still be cool.

If we're putting money on this I'm not taking a power sweep for 13. wink
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/07/19 01:04 AM
brownie
Posted By: FATE Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/07/19 02:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I used to run a football pool and just list the pool on ebay... make everybody "buy it now" for 5 bucks even though there was no product. They would send their picks as a message to seller, I would post everybody's picks in a spreadsheet, right on the same auction page, early in the first quarter. Worked great, ebay never said a word.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/07/19 09:21 AM
j/c

Neat idea about guessing plays ... that’s like the live betting with baseball where you literally just bet per PITCH on of it’ll be a ball, strike, etc
The question would be, how do you determine if someone is right? If someone guesses a run up the middle for 10, what does it mean to be "up the middle"? Someone says play action pass, what if Mayfield "kind of" fakes the handoff. Is that play action?

I am available for hire for anyone who needs a play calling advocate. grin
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/07/19 01:28 PM
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/07/19 05:02 PM
50 yard strike to OBJ or Landry on a crossing route and possibly a TD with YAC.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/08/19 12:09 AM
There is not a SINGLE team in the NFL that respects the Cleveland Browns as far as an opening day opponent.

This
is
not
just
a
walk through.

This is the first chance to gain respect that the Cleveland Browns will no longer be a pushover.

Time to get motivated!
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/08/19 03:56 PM
We start off in the Gun so no play-action. The first play will be a pass. As will a significant amount of all the plays.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Predict Our First Offensive Play - 09/08/19 04:31 PM
I look for us to run the ball a lot this game.
© DawgTalkers.net