DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 09:34 PM
Crazy stuff happens in week one every year.

Last year the Bengals beat the Colts 34-23. The Buccaneers beat the Saints 48-40.

While there are real issues that need to be fixed, this is [hopefully] not the end of the world.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 09:47 PM
The hope is it’s an aberration and a wake up call and that our guys have the character, talent, togetherness, etc to rectify and build from it.

It’s still just one game, though it puts us in a very pressurized spot heading into a prime time away game
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 09:56 PM
This isn't crazy stuff..It's the same crap year after year...losing with signs of improvement is positive... I didn't see anything positive or feel anything positive from yesterdays game..

And this game one stuff is crap to... How many times have that been said..You win game one..that changes the culture and brings the positive feel.

I'm mad as hell and will be until I see a team that can win ! and more than 3 damn games a season...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
This isn't crazy stuff..It's the same crap year after year...losing with signs of improvement is positive... I didn't see anything positive or feel anything positive from yesterdays game..

And this game one stuff is crap to... How many times have that been said..You win game one..that changes the culture and brings the positive feel.

I'm mad as hell and will be until I see a team that can win ! and more than 3 damn games a season...

Being mad is understandable. The effort out of the team was pisspoor. That doesn't mean that's what we'll see every week.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:02 PM
I sure hope not cfrs..
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:03 PM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
I sure hope not cfrs..

I think this is something we can all agree on. It will get ugly fast if we have any more performances like we did in week one.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:05 PM
jc

I feel like the expectations were too high

Our coaches are noobs, and our team has a lot of new players that havent played together.

Its not like we are an established sucessful team with a winning system that is a juggernaut.

We have to build that from the bottom up. I feel we have a very talented roster, and they just need to play together a bit more.

The coaches are the dark horse. Or, at least, they can hope to be. I feel this season hinges more on the coaches than the players.

If we dont end well this season, I feel Dorsey will put out feelers for new coaches. As stacked as this team is in talent, seems decent coaches will line up for the opportunity.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:08 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

The expectations were/are not too high. It was one game. Every team has a bad game. The Patriots got their doors blown off by the Titans last year 34-10. When the one bad game happens week one there are way more eyeballs on the bad game. If we were 6-1 and this bad game happens it would be no big deal.

With all that said, now everyone has to perform.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The expectations were/are not too high. It was one game. Every team has a bad game. The Patriots got their doors blown off by the Titans last year 34-10. When the one bad game happens week one there are way more eyeballs on the bad game. If we were 6-1 and this bad game happens it would be no big deal.

With all that said, now everyone has to perform.

Yes, the Pats lost. But they also have an established winning system.

We are starting from scratch and no such system. Its apples and oranges.

We need to temper expectations a bit until they get their feet under them.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:16 PM
We need to temper expectations a bit until they get their feet under them.

The team is talented enough to win a lot of games. If they don't it is a failure across the board. We shouldn't walk back our expectations after one game of getting our head kicked in.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:17 PM
We can agree to disagree. Failure to win is on the coaches, when talent is stacked.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:17 PM
We can agree to disagree. Failure to win is on the coaches, when talent is stacked.

It's on everyone.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:17 PM
Quote:
If we were 6-1 and this bad game happens it would be no big deal.

Well said.. What we saw is what we always saw.. Ugly.. I honestly didn't think it was going to start off Ugly.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:20 PM
I didn't think it would start like that either. Stopped at church today to do a couple of things. Pastor walked up, with his hands outstretched.

All I said was "I know, I know."

(he's my next door neighbor as well. I had worn a Browns polo to church yesterday)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:26 PM
The expectations have been set, and rightfully so. We DO have talent and we SHOULD be a contender. There’s really no reason this roster can’t be a 9 to 11 win football team.

Anything less is a failure by all parties involved
Posted By: Squires Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:40 PM
This is why I didn't buy into the hype. I've been done with false hope for a while now. I expect them to lose until they prove otherwise.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/09/19 10:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Squires
This is why I didn't buy into the hype. I've been done with false hope for a while now. I expect them to lose until they prove otherwise.

This is not unreasonable.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 12:23 AM

This is not unreasonable.

It’s why I never boated out to the ‘Isle of Optimism’ or ‘Paradise Island’ or whatever. That place is a mirage on a vast open ocean until proven otherwise.

Those that supposedly have found it likely look like this by now...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 01:07 AM
I really wish I wasn’t like this too, but it’s so hard not to be
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 01:31 AM
I think a dose of reality would help those that are too emotional from yesterday’s loss. I can tell you what I went through last year, what a buddy of mine is fighting right now and some other real example of an awful situation.

Take a deep breath in, it’s one loss, we’re one game back of the Ravens (we also get to play the tanking Dolphins) and we get another game next Monday night.

I’m not being judgmental here, just reminding to wipe the slate clean soon after the game.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 01:33 AM
Bottom line for me, we were not ready to play the game.
Posted By: Knight Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 02:03 AM
Here's my only hope that this turns around. This team took the field with a sense of entitlement, they believed thier own hype, they took this game for granted, they lost that chip on thier shoulder. They were beaten, humiliated, embarrased and exposed for the whole world to see. I hope that chip is back on the shoulder. Without that chip this isn't the browns. We lost alot of games but most of them were a dog fight decided by one score not a calamity. We play best as the underdog, get that chip back and maybe we can wind some games.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 02:57 AM
They just need to adopt a Patriots-style attitude/approach.

Be professional. In your preparation, attitude, and play. Set an expectation, work hard, and achieve it.

If you get beat, identify what needs to be fixed, do it, and go on with your preparation.

There’s a reason the Pats don’t do a lot of media stuff. They have more important things to worry about.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:01 AM
Bam!

Good thought!
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:07 AM
Hey, that one year where we went 10-6 in 2007, remember we got shellacked by the Stoolers 34-7 week 1. Week 2 we scored into the 50's and beat the Bengals. It was the start of a wonderful season!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
They just need to adopt a Patriots-style attitude/approach.

Be professional. In your preparation, attitude, and play. Set an expectation, work hard, and achieve it.

If you get beat, identify what needs to be fixed, do it, and go on with your preparation.

There’s a reason the Pats don’t do a lot of media stuff. They have more important things to worry about.

People have been trying to mimic the Patriots for almost twenty years. No one has succeeded. They have hired Patriots coaches (Crennel, McDaniels, Patricia, O’Brien, Mangini) and acquires Patriot players. The problem is that there is only one Belichick and there is only one Brady.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:14 AM
Bradys days are numbered. Not sure about Bellichik.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:17 AM

That wasn’t the topic at hand.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:18 AM

The topic is the Pats. Please keep up.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:24 AM

Tbe topic is the Pats. Please keep up.

Brady and Belichick and their potential downfall are as related to what we were talking about as real Patriots like Paul Revere.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:26 AM

Brady and Belichick and their potential downfall are as related to what we were talking about as real Patriots like Paul Revere.

Weird since you had diarreah at the mouth about it.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:30 AM

Oh. You have no idea what’s going on right now. My bad. I will stop responding to you.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:37 AM

My bad. I will stop responding to you.

Its about time you grew a brain.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:38 AM
Geesh guys.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:51 AM
So much for positivity.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 03:56 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
So much for positivity.

You're right. Back to the topic.

It was one game the first game of the season when crazy stuff happens. If you were optimistic ten minutes before game time yesterday you should still be optimistic now.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 10:28 AM
So much for positivity.

It was one game the first game of the season when crazy stuff happens. If you were optimistic ten minutes before game time yesterday you should still be optimistic now.

I agree w/that. But what if you had questions about the team before the game. Is it okay to still have questions?

I know that a lot of folks got irritated w/some of the questions a few of us had this off-season, but I don't think those questions have been answered after the first game.

With that said, I am not saying those questions have been answered in a negative way, either. It's one game. My point is that there are a lot of unknowns w/this team. The Fantasy Island stuff before the season wasn't a real thing. It was hype and fans getting excited. There is nothing wrong w/that, but I think logical minds are taking a wait-and-see approach.

It's too early to crown them. It's too early to trash them. There is talent on this team. There are questions about this team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 10:53 AM
Well said. The questions about our OTs should be exacerbated at this point. The concerns about our rookie head coach should be exacerbated at this point. Same thing with the hype and team chemistry.

No doubt the talent is there to win games and be successful, but it’s NOT going to be easy and hopefully we can improve our weak spots and get it going.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 01:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
So much for positivity.

I agree w/that. But what if you had questions about the team before the game. Is it okay to still have questions?

One game should not change you opinion.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 01:48 PM
j/c

one positive thing for us that I just read: Mosely and Quinnan Williams were injured for the Jets
Posted By: jfanent Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 02:28 PM
One game's not changing my opinion. We crapped the bed, we'll clean it up and play on. 12-4.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 05:53 PM
As bad as we played ... and it was real bad ...

We were down 10 - 6 at the half and 22 - 13 entering the 4th ....

We could of been down by 20 at the half as bad as we played ...

Hey ... u said u wanted positivity ... and positivity is what i’m all about .... *L* ...

The talent didn’t go anywhere ... it’s still there ... thumbsup
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 06:01 PM
We could have won that game. We imploded. Hopefully, we learned from it and can right the ship.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 06:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
We could have won that game. We imploded. Hopefully, we learned from it and can right the ship.

The wheels came off when Robinson was ejected. Still, we were in it.
The axles snapped when Lamm went out and the OT Hokey Pokey started. Still, we were in it up to then.

It wasn't until after that when they started beating our OL like rented mules and the Holding penalties started racking up and Baker was trying not to die that - and trying to force things that shouldn't be forced - that the implosion happened.

There was PLENTY of ugly and bad before any of that, but pretty much ALL of this can and will be readily addressed this week.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 10:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c

one positive thing for us that I just read: Mosely and Quinnan Williams were injured for the Jets

Another positive ... it's the Jets!

I told my buddy Jets friend the other day, "Hey, one of us has to win, right?"
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: A dose of positivity - 09/10/19 11:26 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c

Another positive ... it's the Jets!

I told my buddy Jets friend the other day, "Hey, one of us has to win, right?"

That means we'll end up with a tie lol
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: A dose of positivity - 09/12/19 01:32 AM
It's not positive till Eotab says so.
Posted By: eotab Re: A dose of positivity - 09/13/19 01:47 PM
It sucked the Football Life out of me. My fears came true and instead of a great dream coming alive I was living a night mare. I know there is time to turn this around and right the ship. But early on we are talking about a "MUST WIN" Monday night truly a must win. But most of all I was disappointed in the leadership (Kitchens) who I was all gungho just showed me a team who was not ready to compete.

I sure hope my first impressions are wrong. We better get our act together.

jmho
© DawgTalkers.net