DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog By The Numbers - 09/18/19 01:22 AM
It's early in the season and the numbers are not that important yet, but what the heck.

Offense Total Yds. Rams 13th---Browns 15th.
Defense Total Yds. Rams 5th---Browns 8th.

Offense Points per game: Rams 13th---Browns 15th.
Defense Points per game: Rams 11th---Browns 16th.

Turnover Differential: Rams Tied for 12th [+2}---Browns T-21st [-3]

Penalty Yds: Rams: 8th [108]---Browns: 32nd [267]

Lines: Rams favored by 2.5 to 3 pts in Cleveland. Over/under is 49.5

Weather forecast: 69 degrees w/40 percent chance of rain.

I think this game is going to be a great indicator of where the Browns are. The Rams were in the Super Bowl last year and they are legit this year. We are at home and we had the off-season hype. Big test that should tell us a lot about our team.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It's early in the season and the numbers are not that important yet, but what the heck.

Offense Points per game: Rams 13th---Browns 15th.
Offense Points per game: Rams 11th---Browns 16th.

Not sure I understand this.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 01:40 AM
points per game is surprising
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 01:47 AM
Typo. Fixed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 01:48 AM
Yeah, the site I used was a bit confusing. I hope I recorded them correctly. If not, I am sure someone will correct me. LOL
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 02:13 AM

I think this game is going to be a great indicator of where the Browns are. The Rams were in the Super Bowl last year and they are legit this year. We are at home and we had the off-season hype. Big test that should tell us a lot about our team.

I agree and I welcome it. We all believe our team is vastly improved and should be competing for the AFCN and a playoff. We have to see how we measure up to teams like the Rams. This will be our first legit test to truly see who we are and what we are made of.

Bring. It. On.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 02:39 AM
I don't think the Rams look nearly as sharp as they did last year. I think they are still trying to figure out their identity after they destroyed Gurley's knee last year.

I would expect the Rams to beat us by 10-14 if they get their offense figured out.

If we get our offense figured out... I expect to beat the Rams by 10-14.

Posted By: BCbrownie Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 12:28 PM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

I agree and I welcome it. We all believe our team is vastly improved and should be competing for the AFCN and a playoff. We have to see how we measure up to teams like the Rams. This will be our first legit test to truly see who we are and what we are made of.

Bring. It. On.

The first test was opening day,which we failed miserably.
This will be the second test,I'm looking for much better results.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 12:38 PM
I think for us to have a chance, we need it to be a DOWNPOUR of rain.

Our defensive line is our strength, and as much as I would hate to have the ball in Gurley's hand, I think we have a better chance of stopping him then the rest of their offense.

Secondly, I think it would play into us, as it would maybe make our Offense lean more to run the ball, which is IMO right now, our strength.

Just my .02, I maybe wrong.

I agree this is the test of where we are right now. If we get blown out, I think its going to be a long year. If we can play a close game but come up short, I will be pleasantly happy as the Rams are legit. If we win......let the games begin boo boo.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie

It's the first test with proper competition. Yes, we laid a turd on opening day, but to be honest, we have yet to play anybody truly competitive. This is the first test to see where we stand with the better teams in the league.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 01:17 PM

It's the first test with proper competition. Yes, we laid a turd on opening day, but to be honest, we have yet to play anybody truly competitive. This is the first test to see where we stand with the better teams in the league.
We’re going to find out real fast where we stand:

Rams
At Ravens
At 49ers
Seahawks
At Patriots

Yikes
Posted By: willitevachange Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 03:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

We’re going to find out real fast where we stand:

Rams
At Ravens
At 49ers
Seahawks
At Patriots

Yikes

Ravens haven't played ANYONE. I think they are overrated.

49ers have really played anyone either, Cincy and Tampa - not worried

The Seahawks are good, but they barely beat Cincy and barely beat Pitt with a back up playing most the game. Im not too up on them either.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 04:02 PM
After this weekend we will have a much clearer picture of the direction of the top of our division. Ravens have the Chiefs, we have the Rams... really the first "big test" for both teams to see how they stack up against the better teams in the NFL.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 04:29 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
After this weekend we will have a much clearer picture of the direction of the top of our division. Ravens have the Chiefs, we have the Rams... really the first "big test" for both teams to see how they stack up against the better teams in the NFL.
Good point; I hadn’t realized they Ravens have the Chiefs
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 05:48 PM
Rams can be beat.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 11:04 PM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: By The Numbers - 09/18/19 11:38 PM
We get the Titans loss back this weekend.

34-28 Browns.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: By The Numbers - 09/19/19 12:07 AM
Those next 5 games, They can only play those, One Game At A Time.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: By The Numbers - 09/19/19 06:52 PM
if we can go 3-2 even 2-3 in these 5 we are going to be ok the second half of our season looks favorable, Rams could be tough Ravens division game they can be beat Cardinals almost beat them, Niners are beatable, Seahawks aren't the old Seahawks, Patriots will be tough but we usually play well against them ... GO BROWNS smile
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: By The Numbers - 09/19/19 07:03 PM
It's not a question of whether they're beatable, it's a question of can we beat them?

The Titans are beatable. We just didn't beat them.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: By The Numbers - 09/19/19 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It's not a question of whether they're beatable, it's a question of can we beat them?

The Titans are beatable. We just didn't beat them.

and can we avoid beating ourselves?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 01:01 AM
Posted By: CalDawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 02:24 PM
Our secondary is decimated, our front seven will spend the day trying to get pressure with little success, and McVey and Goff will light us up.
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 03:03 PM
WE WILL WIN!! Guarantee it! Heard it here first.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 04:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
I had a suspicion that we could steal one earlier in the week ... but the injuries make it pretty tough now IMO
Posted By: slick Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 05:38 PM
This game will be just like the titans game . Biggest difference is that rams should have this game won by halftime
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 08:22 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
This game will be just like the titans game . Biggest difference is that rams should have this game won by halftime

Everyone has a right to their own opinions and obviously you have people that are positive in life and negative in life but I have never understood how people go into a game thinking we've lost. I honestly don't even know why they play the games. They should just ask the fans who they think will win and Mark the games win or lost on pregame poll
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 08:26 PM
I will say the injuries have me worried but we still have players and I'm always hopefully they will figure out the Offense. This is the most loaded team on paper in a lot of years and I have to believe they will figure it out
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I had a suspicion that we could steal one earlier in the week ... but the injuries make it pretty tough now IMO

I think the only way we steal this one is Armed Robbery.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 10:40 PM
Are all the negative posters in here going to watch the game?

If so, why?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: By The Numbers - 09/21/19 11:40 PM
I will say the injuries have me worried but we still have players and I'm always hopefully they will figure out the Offense. This is the most loaded team on paper in a lot of years and I have to believe they will figure it out

Not sure what your post has to do w/By the Numbers, but since you went here.........I think it's weird to think being positive or negative about things outside of your control means anything at all.

I think the Browns can win this game, but that doesn't make me negative or positive. I am positive about the things I can control.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:03 AM
Of all the posts, that's the one you singled out?

You have posters ready to jump off buildings or slit their wrists in every thread on this board.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:09 AM
Quote:

No, it was an illusion. LOL

The team's performance is not related to the posts on this message board. That's just insane.

I think people are overreacting about all the injuries and are being too negative, but come on.........
Posted By: Rishuz Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:14 AM
That made me laugh. Nice.

However, I'm still confused by your response to Mox.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:15 AM
I got it now.

You quoted the wrong thing.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I got it now.

You quoted the wrong thing.

Oh crap! You're right! The joke is on me. blush

I really have no idea how I did that. Sheesh!
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:44 AM

If so, why?
Thank you.. like I said. Injuries have me worried but for once in a very long time we actually have a team that can compete! Yes they are not looking like the Hype but they actually have players that can compete so why are we so Negative. How do you set down and watch a game thinking there's no chance? What if the players just say screw it. We forfeit! Rams are too good and we don't have a chance.. I actually am looking forward to this game and believe!
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:48 AM

Not sure what your post has to do w/By the Numbers, but since you went here.........I think it's weird to think being positive or negative about things outside of your control means anything at all.

I think the Browns can win this game, but that doesn't make me negative or positive. I am positive about the things I can control.

What does my post have to do with by the numbers? What does everyone else's posts that are saying we have already lost have to do with the numbers? I'm basically just asking why is everyone so negative? Like another poster asked! Are all the people saying we don't have a chance going to watch the game and if so, WHY?!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:52 AM
I am just saying that the attitude of the posters on this board has no influence on the outcome of the game. I think you are off base saying that people who are not high on the Brown's chances of winning this week are "negative" people. The two things are independent of one another. Just my opinion. You expressed your opinion and I expressed mine.
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:55 AM

You have posters ready to jump off buildings or slit their wrists in every thread on this board.
Yes, I'm dumbfounded that he singled me out! I understand the Rams are the defending NFC champions ( well actually that should be the Saints but that's a different story) but why play the games and why is the stadium going to be packed with people standing outside begging to get in if we have already lost? I just don't get it.. I didn't go anywhere but to respond to people that say we have no chance but that's probably why I've frequented this board since 2006 but rarely post because of the posters on this board that are over the top on everything!
Posted By: slick Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 01:04 AM
"why is the stadium going to be packed with people standing outside begging to get in if we have already lost?"

Because they paid for a ticket with thier hard earned money.
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 01:04 AM
I am just saying that the attitude of the posters on this board has no influence on the outcome of the game. I think you are off base saying that people who are not high on the Brown's chances of winning this week are "negative" people. The two things are independent of one another. Just my opinion. You expressed your opinion and I expressed mine.
obviously! But the question in a shorter version.. how do you watch a game and enjoy it thinking we don't stand a chance!? Now this isn't directed to you as you said you believe we could win but directed to anyone that thinks we've lost before they even take the Field
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 01:07 AM
I will try this again. I think we can win this game. Got it?

I also think you should not [this is my opinion and not a fact] act like posters having a negative attitude about this particular game makes them a negative person in everyday life. That was my only point.

I have a feeling you still won't get that and that's okay. Have a nice night and I hope we win tomorrow.
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 01:23 AM
I will try this again. I think we can win this game. Got it?

I also think you should not [this is my opinion and not a fact] act like posters having a negative attitude about this particular game makes them a negative person in everyday life. That was my only point.

I have a feeling you still won't get that and that's okay. Have a nice night and I hope we win tomorrow.
well if you read what I said i wasn't directing my statement at you but at the posters that said we have NO CHANCE but I have a feeling you still won't read/see that!
Posted By: CalDawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 12:58 PM

If so, why?

I don't consider myself a negative poster, but I did post a negative post. Because of the injury situation, particularly to our secondary, I think Mcvay & Goff will chew us up. I also think Baker and Freddie still have a lot to figure out offensively, and they may not get that done by tonight, in fact, I doubt they will. JMHO. I will still watch because I love the team. I watch every game and have for decades. I've seen some amazing things happen, some incredible upsets, and you never know what will happen until it happens. And generally, I am very optimistic about the direction of this team. However, none of that changes how I feel about the potential outcome of the game tonight, in fact, it may be a $#!% show. Hope that answers your question.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 01:26 PM
I feel it could be a rise to the challenge type of game. Not sure the Titans and Jets were taken as real threats but the Rams are indeed a threat and we know it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 02:41 PM
This is how I am as well ... let’s not underestimate how good of a coaching staff the Rams have ... IMO, they’ll chew us up with their offense
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 03:08 PM

If so, why?

Some people just insist on painting reality as negativity. One must look at how our O has performed to this point. One must consider the injury report.

We heard crap like Freddie is ready until our ears were bleeding. Now people want to paint the picture that looking at the evidence that has been provided thus far and considering the multitude of injuries is somehow being negative.

Get out of here with that crap.
Posted By: Glw12 Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 03:26 PM
One area that concerns me is our lack of discipline this year.
Penalties have killed the Browns both offensively and defensively.
Until we can quit beating ourselves any decent team will be hard to beat.
Another are that we need more production is our running game. Not enough run calls. We have become to pass happy in my opinion.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 03:35 PM
One must also consider WHY we’ve looked like we have on O ... u want to IGNORE a plethora of things while piling on the Freddie is ready gang (witch was basically me ... *L* ...) ....

Freddie was way more ready than Bake, G-Moron getting tossed and the back up tackle going down has made it appear ....

Freddie gets his share of the blame ... but how much better would this O look if Bake EVER took the check downs .... even with the injuries to the tackles and all the penalties (witch i’m Not sure how much more Freddie could have done in TC to drive the point home there not acceptable) ...

Anyhow ... even with all the injuries at tackle and even guard with Kalis going down and all the penalties ... IF BAKE JUST TAKES THE CHECK DOWNS, the easy throws ... how much better does this O look ....

U love being a realist ...... well Freddie has not shined but to make the claim he’s some how proven he wasn’t/isn’t ready is not realistic what so ever ....

I’m actually extremely upset with Freddie but it has nothing to do with the O ... not thrilled with KJ either ... they did something that makes no sense what so ever to me .... we’ll see how it plays out .....

Now ....

LETS GOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo .... its game day baby ... and u never know ... thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 04:06 PM
The checkdowns have to be emphasized ... we need more balance across the board and need to stay ahead of the sticks
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 04:18 PM
Look, you can try and paint it differently if you like. But when people were claiming 12-4 and claiming we would light it up from day one, they were clearly wrong. "Freddie is ready" was just a prime example of that.

And you can continue with it all you like, but we are not using TE's or RB's much at all in giving the OL any help in chip blocking. Things we did last year.

We both know that we have OT's that are not quite up to snuff from a talent standpoint. We both know that the extra help last year made a huge difference. In that regard we have abandoned what worked.

Would the check downs help? Sure they would. But rather than having extra blockers which worked last year, from a scheme standpoint they're trying to reinvent the wheel here.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: By The Numbers - 09/22/19 06:14 PM
. wrong thread.
© DawgTalkers.net