Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 02:24 AM
Jimmy G and Myles...

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 02:52 AM
Laughed out loud!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 02:53 AM
But let's not forget: Sylvester never gets tweety
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 03:01 AM
Isn't Joe Staley like 55 years old.

Seems like that guy has been in the league forever.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 03:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Isn't Joe Staley like 55 years old.

Seems like that guy has been in the league forever.

He was drafted in the first round the same year as Joe Thomas (2007).
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 09:10 AM
Hoping either Greedy or Ward is back ... also that Higgy is back (and Landry of course)
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 12:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Hoping either Greedy or Ward is back ... also that Higgy is back (and Landry of course)

We don't need Ward or Greedy this game. If it's truly hamstrings they're dealing with, let them get healed up.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 03:11 PM
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 03:16 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I thought this was known?
Maybe I just assumed he was done for the year?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 03:19 PM
Yeah I think the return designation was considered, but obviuosly that’s not an option now
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

I thought this was known?
Maybe I just assumed he was done for the year?

It wasn't known that he had surgery. With the surgery he won't be able to come back later in the season.

Now we're hoping for Drew Forbes and/or David Njoku.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 05:19 PM
and there is the roster spot needed for Callaway.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 05:49 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
and there is the roster spot needed for Callaway.

He was already on IR.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 11:13 PM
Any word on Landry?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 11:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Any word on Landry?

Probably won't be until tomorrow. (though one of the Browns sites reported that he was in good spirits, and said he was "100% ready to go" to teammates. We'll find out tomorrow though.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/02/19 11:30 PM
Thank you.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Any word on Landry?

Probably won't be until tomorrow. (though one of the Browns sites reported that he was in good spirits, and said he was "100% ready to go" to teammates. We'll find out tomorrow though.
that’d be great news
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 12:22 AM
Glad we got an extra day for him to get cleared ...

Good Luck VG!!!!
Posted By: Jester Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 12:41 AM
I doubt that we know tomorrow. I am assuming you say that because that is when the injury report comes out?

I would bet he is listed as questionable leaving things murky.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 03:45 PM
Just got a ping on my phone...

- Landry still in concussion protocol
- Ward and Williams still day-to-day

If Landry is indeed out, hopefully Callaway and Higgins can step up and fill Landry's high energy role. Although, I'm not sure if either are ready to play on Monday.

I gotta say, if we could ever get all our WRs on the field and 100% healthy, good luck covering all of them. Jeez.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 03:47 PM
Are both Callaway and Higgins officially back?

It just occurred to me that while Callaway is definitely eligible to return, I haven't seen/heard anything about it.
Ditto with Higgins; I kinda assumed he would be solid and able to return this week, but the reality is that he could well still be out; I haven't seen anything to confirm one way or the other, yet.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 04:18 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 04:24 PM
It might be a good thing for Landry that we have the extra day to prepare ... let’s hope he can go
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 04:42 PM

I misread that at first. I thought Calloway was a DNP, but I see that he, Higgins and Burnett are actually back.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 04:42 PM
So, Landry is still in concussion protocol and Higgins is still dealing with a knee.... and we haven't activated Callaway??

This doesn't seem to make sense.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 04:43 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I misread that at first. I thought Calloway was a DNP, but I see that he, Higgins and Burnett are actually back.

Doh!
I just did the same thing.

Whew!!
Posted By: Swish Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 05:02 PM
so, looks like another game without greedy or ward?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 05:03 PM
So, Landry is still in concussion protocol and Higgins is still dealing with a knee.... and we haven't activated Callaway??

This doesn't seem to make sense.

Look at the tweet. Note the semi colon placement.
Higgins, Calloway, and Burnett are back.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 05:27 PM
Yes, it was poorly written.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 05:59 PM
I was hoping VG did individual drills ... not good ...

IMO were going to err on the side of caution and keep him out ...

Lets hope Ratley isn’t our #2 Monday night ...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 06:04 PM
Higgins is back. And so is Calloway.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 06:29 PM
Is Higgins?
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 06:46 PM
Is Higgins?

According to this, yes....

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 06:49 PM
I'm really excited to have Higgins back! Baker loves him as a target. Especially in the end zone.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 06:49 PM

The question is, though, are they 'sorta' back, or all the way back? I worry neither are able to take a full workload come Monday (at least from a lingering injury and/or conditioning point). I have a sneaking suspicion that Calloway, despite not being injured, will need some conditioning and crunch time in our modified playbook to take an appreciable amount of snaps away from other, less talented depth players, and that can't be accomplished this week. Between the two, I want a healthy and hungry Higgins running good routes and catching tough passes... especially with Landry out.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 06:59 PM
That may be a question left to be answered. But nothing has prohibited Calloway from staying in peak shape and studying the playbook and Higgins hasn't actually been out that long. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 07:15 PM
There will definitely still be rust that needs to be knocked off. They'll be in shape, but it probably won't be like it will be heading into the NEXT game.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 07:21 PM
It says they returned ... whats returned mean .... full participants? .. limited participants? ... individual drills? ...

Not sure what “returned” means in these cases ....

Calloway should be ready ... but u never know ... dudes not exactly a pro’s pro ...

As for Higgins ... hoping for the best but injuries have not been our friend this year ... not even close .... thanks god we have depth in the secondary and hopefully have enough depth at WR to get by Monday night ....
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 07:26 PM
This week's injury report should be up within the hour, I think (doesn't it have to be posted by 4pm?).

I just checked the team's site and last week's injury report is still up; nothing for Week 5, yet.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 09:15 PM
It would be good news if they were both full participants
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 09:20 PM
That may be a question left to be answered. But nothing has prohibited Calloway from staying in peak shape and studying the playbook and Higgins hasn't actually been out that long. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Nothing prevented him from doing so in the offseason, but I believe he showed up outta shape, right?

That's what I was getting at.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 10:20 PM
I saw on the PD site that Higgins was doing straight-line running today, which tells me he's close, but not all the way there - as of yet.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 10:44 PM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I saw on the PD site that Higgins was doing straight-line running today, which tells me he's close, but not all the way there - as of yet.
yeah, if thats true it may be another week or so
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/03/19 11:40 PM
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

Higgins: Limited
Burnett: Limited
Landry: DNP
Ward: DNP
Greedy: DNP

49ers

Tevin Coleman: Limited
Dee Ford: DNP
Joe Staley: DNP
Witherspoon, CB: DNP

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 12:05 AM
Was Dee Ford injured last game?
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 04:01 AM
So... If I'm correct, Joe Staley is a DNP. That prolly means that a ROOKIE named Justin Skule is the starting LT on Monday night.

Just a guess on my part.. we put Myles opposite him.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 05:36 AM
As I expected, ward and greedy probably won't be back until maybe a week before the bye week or the week after. Hope I am wrong but hamstring injuries tend to linger like a bad odor. As far as landry goes even if he is fine I expect they will force him to sit 2 games just like Randal
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 09:01 AM
It’s looking Ike Ward/Greedy will be back after the bye
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 01:16 PM
I don't think we missed Ward and Greedy when playing the likes of Lamar and the Jets backups, and we leaned on them and they delivered for the Rams game. I'm more eager to have them back against some of the better passers we're going to face.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 01:23 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I don't think we missed Ward and Greedy when playing the likes of Lamar and the Jets backups, and we leaned on them and they delivered for the Rams game. I'm more eager to have them back against some of the better passers we're going to face.
Same here ... it’ll be important to have them against the Pats, at least to have more flexibility back there to defend passing downs
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 03:07 PM
j/c:

Browns’ Jarvis Landry cleared from concussion protocol and is set to play vs. 49ers

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10...ice-friday.html
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 03:11 PM
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Browns’ Jarvis Landry cleared from concussion protocol and is set to play vs. 49ers

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO .... YES ..... thumbsup
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 03:16 PM
That is the BEST injury update we've had in a while!!
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 03:40 PM
Interesting.. this means that most likely an aging Richard Sherman (LCB) is going against OBJ, while Ahkello Witherspoon (RCB) is possibly OUT with a foot injury (he's listed DNP on Thursdays report)

So, I'm assuming they have to put a safety on Juice or possibly K'Waun Williams?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 03:48 PM
Just read an article that said Witherspoon will miss a month, so it's a safe bet they don't have him Monday. It said that some young kid will be getting his first start against Landry, but also stated that the 9ers don't typically have Sherman follow the opponent #1, so we may get OBJ or even Callaway on that younger player.

I doubt they show us a ton of Man Coverage.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 03:59 PM
They get Bosa back.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 04:09 PM
j/c:

That's fantastic! We have seen some guys take a few weeks to return from a concussion.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 04:10 PM
j/c:

Just saw this ... BIG news.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 04:15 PM
He must not have had a concussion and the Browns just played it safe with Landry. I hope he's 100% and plays like last week.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 04:18 PM
Good news for us
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 04:49 PM
That's fantastic! We have seen some guys take a few weeks to return from a concussion.

That's the thing about concussions. They vary greatly in severity. A severe concussion is easy to recognize, even for the player. But that's also why players have a problem recognizing mild concussions. The symptoms are so nuanced and so mild compared to a serious concussion, they simply have trouble realizing anything is actually wrong.

Obviously, in Landry's case, it was a very mild concussion.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 05:08 PM
Great news for this upcoming game. I think Landry is huge for us!

A cautionary note: As someone who has endured numerous concussions, I just hope he doesn't take a shot to the head and we lose him for an extended period of time.

Back when I played, they didn't know much about concussions. Hell, all kinds of guys went back into the game after not even being able to find their helmets.

It's better now, but I think there is still a lot of unknown in regards to head injuries.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 05:16 PM

That's the thing about concussions. They vary greatly in severity. A severe concussion is easy to recognize, even for the player. But that's also why players have a problem recognizing mild concussions. The symptoms are so nuanced and so mild compared to a serious concussion, they simply have trouble realizing anything is actually wrong.

Obviously, in Landry's case, it was a very mild concussion.

Or, as someone else mentioned, it might not have been a concussion at all. We still have a lot to learn about concussions, but they're still expected to make these snap diagnoses in-game. It forces docs to be extremely conservative in the heat of the moment.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 05:17 PM
Landry told teammates after the game he wouldn't miss any time. This was expected.

And like the previous poster said this may not have even been a concussion.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 05:18 PM
Great news.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 05:30 PM
Did they say if Higgins was a full or limited participant today?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 05:56 PM
No info on today's report, yet
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 05:58 PM
I doubt if Higgins and Calloway play, but still hopeful.

Great news about VG though.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 06:02 PM
We could really use Callaway, and if nothing else he could use some work at game speed before the Bye and then facing New England.
I'm doubtful that Higgins plays, but hopeful.

If neither can go, so be it - we can get by, but it will be a bit more of a struggle.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 06:04 PM
Ratley doesn't exactly excite me. He's all that is left.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 06:59 PM
We could really use Callaway, and if nothing else he could use some work at game speed before the Bye and then facing New England.

If neither can go, so be it - we can get by, but it will be a bit more of a struggle.

That's a good point. If absolutely nothing else, run him down the field to take a defender with him.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 07:28 PM

That's a good point. If absolutely nothing else, run him down the field to take a defender with him.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Get him a few routes/plays that he's comfortable with this week, but mostly just get him running & blocking and into the flow of the offense. That is by far more important because if/when he gets that aspect down, the coming open part will take care of itself.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 07:59 PM

I just stumbled across this to explain Dee Ford's issue:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/12...oleman-limited/

Ford is dealing with the return of his knee tendinitis, which will likely plague him throughout the season, and quadricep issue. Ford plans to play through the discomfort and could potentially have surgery during the offseason.

So, he won't practice at all until Saturday, then he will be playing with a knee & quad issue. If he can go, he will likely have to have that knee numbed/nerve blocked/whatever to quiet the pain.

If nothing else, now we know why Dorsey didn't go after him. Crazy to think about the contract the 9ers gave him now.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 08:03 PM
Did they say if Higgins was a full or limited participant today?

The only change for today is Landry was Full.
Higgins was still Limited.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 08:07 PM
Okay, thanks ... I hadn’t heard anything about him and he was a key addition for them

I just stumbled across this to explain Dee Ford's issue:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/12...oleman-limited/

Ford is dealing with the return of his knee tendinitis, which will likely plague him throughout the season, and quadricep issue. Ford plans to play through the discomfort and could potentially have surgery during the offseason.

So, he won't practice at all until Saturday, then he will be playing with a knee & quad issue. If he can go, he will likely have to have that knee numbed/nerve blocked/whatever to quiet the pain.

If nothing else, now we know why Dorsey didn't go after him. Crazy to think about the contract the 9ers gave him now.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Injury Report - 10/04/19 11:59 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Ratley doesn't exactly excite me. He's all that is left.

He has his moments, but I like Willies and Strong at camp. Clearly the coaches really like him, however, because he was injured throughout most of camp meanwhile Willies & Strong had some stellar moments, yet neither made the team.
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Injury Report - 10/05/19 12:17 AM
Browns place LB Willie Harvey on injured reserve
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-place-lb-willie-harvey-on-injured-reserve

The Cleveland Browns have placed LB Willie Harvey (shoulder) on injured reserve.

Harvey appeared in two games and recorded one special teams tackle. He injured his shoulder during last week’s win at Baltimore.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/05/19 12:23 AM
Harvey has some potential IMO ... he’s active and good in the box ... hopefullly he gets healthy and can still learn
Posted By: eotab Re: Injury Report - 10/05/19 11:49 AM
j/c...

Landry back is huge for us, he is a good leader.

Calloway, conditioning is still needed - he's in good shape but not ready to play full time - he will get reps though.

Higgins I think we will keep him on ice for another week. Don't want him to come back too early.

But WR corp is back together. I can't believe we got 7 WR on our Roster...way too many if you ask me.

Shame about Kirksey, kid just can't stay on the field. Mack Wilson will turn out to be the steal of the draft, love his game!
Posted By: leonhart Re: Injury Report - 10/05/19 12:28 PM
eotab - I'm a complete lurker here (for many years), for all I know this is my first post, but just wanted to say it's good to see some posts from you again. Hadn't seen you in conversations lately, hope your health is good. Hope the "What I saw" thread makes a return. I rarely see games (I only have an antenna, and my internet is too slow to livestream), so I like reading it in addition to Post Game Thoughts. Besides, it's kind of a fixture.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic non-football post everybody.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Injury Report - 10/05/19 01:05 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

Mack Wilson will turn out to be the steal of the draft, love his game! [/color]

I hope so. We all thought that about Avery, yet he is barely playing beyond STs.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: eotab

Mack Wilson will turn out to be the steal of the draft, love his game! [/color]

I hope so. We all thought that about Avery, yet he is barely playing beyond STs.

I think that is why Avery is not playing ... because of ST ... Thomas is playing on ST units on the other hand.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 02:28 AM
There is no room for Avery right now.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 03:47 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Landry taken off of special teams for at least this week.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 05:08 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Landry taken off of special teams for at least this week.

Amen to that!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 05:16 AM
There was something about Callaway being on special teams. So, I'd guess Landry won't be doing it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 09:28 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
There was something about Callaway being on special teams. So, I'd guess Landry won't be doing it.
I think Callaway even said he was returning punts now
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 10:06 AM
j/c:

Good news for sure. It sounds like he might not have even had a concussion. In todays NFL if a player has any type of cobwebs, they hold him out.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 10:14 AM
Thanks for the great news! Reading he will be playable is good news, but perhaps not having a concussion in the first place? That is great news.

I want to see us win this one. Want it badly, so getting players back helps that down the road considerably.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 10/06/19 03:16 PM
I think that's the problem some people don't understand and I mentioned it earlier. "Cobwebs" as you call it, IS a mild concussion. There are degrees of concussions. You don't have to hear bells ringing that aren't there to have a concussion.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 03:26 PM
j/c

It seems there is a little gamesmanship afoot in Berea.

https://www.49ers.com/team/injury-report/

The main site (and ditto at the 49ers main site) lists Saturday injury data for the 49ers, but nothing at all for the Browns.

It looks like Freddy is playing it close to the vest with the info until things MUST be reported to make them prepare for a little extra.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 03:37 PM
I worry this means someone is out and Freddie is trying to get as much advantage as possible.

Or that same secretary messed up at the fax machine again.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 03:39 PM
Denzel and Greedy out. As someone mentioned, they're probably out until the bye.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 03:44 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 04:21 PM
Are Greedy and Ward definitely out? I’d assume so but haven’t seen it for sure
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 04:51 PM
I'd be surprised if Ward is in the league in 2 years
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

You're tripping.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

You're tripping.

nope. atleast 2 concussions already, injury in training camp. injured for most of the season.. The best ability a player can have is availability..He's not. Not to mention he was really bad when he did play this year. Just to be clear, I'm not saying he doesn't have the talent to play in the league, thats evident he's a great man corner. But dude is soft and injury prone. Seems like a smart kid, another concussion and he may make a business decision.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 05:11 PM
I could see concussions ending his or any players career. I was really only looking from the talent angle. I don't think he is as fragile as you do, but I could be wrong.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 06:35 PM
This one is a hammy. I would've preferred that he was back for this game, but 2/3 previous games were against teams that were going to struggle to get the ball to WRs, regardless. Their absence wasn't going to hurt us all that much.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 06:36 PM
Even this game isn't one where the WRs are expected to be all that troublesome.

Getting them both right for Seattle is more important; getting them right for New England is required.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 07:47 PM
RASHARD HIGGINS
WR, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot reports Rashard Higgins (knee) is expected to sit out for the Browns' Monday night matchup against the 49ers.

Higgins hasn't played since Week 1. The Browns will continue to move forward with Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry as their undisputed top-two pass-game options. Antonio Callaway is tentatively expected to slide back into 3-WR sets now that his suspension is over, although Damion Ratley could also be involved.

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter.
Oct 7, 2019, 3:19 PM ET
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
RASHARD HIGGINS
WR, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot reports Rashard Higgins (knee) is expected to sit out for the Browns' Monday night matchup against the 49ers.

Higgins hasn't played since Week 1. The Browns will continue to move forward with Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry as their undisputed top-two pass-game options. Antonio Callaway is tentatively expected to slide back into 3-WR sets now that his suspension is over, although Damion Ratley could also be involved.

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter.
Oct 7, 2019, 3:19 PM ET
That seems odd to me.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 07:51 PM
That's a shame, but not unexpected.

We have enough talent that we can afford to let him take his time getting healthy; there's no reason to rush him.

I would MUCH rather sit him another week and have him for sure against Seattle and beyond than risk things by bringing him back early. He just started straight-line running this week, right??
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 07:54 PM

Ward is now very injury prone and doesn't tackle right. brownie
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 09:27 PM
Ward, Greedy, and Higgy out
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 11:27 PM

Maybe, maybe not. He does look pretty frail to me. Add in that Williams was right, he is a stupid tackler. Now he has pulled muscles. Not a good combination.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 11:44 PM
I get trying to be cautious, but this has been an extended hamstring injury for both of them
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/07/19 11:54 PM
I think it's because the backups are playing lights out.
© DawgTalkers.net