DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 02:35 PM
ok, so we finally got a win against a playoff team! and we looked really good doing it.

the question is, however, can we make it back to back performances like this on O? our defense certainly showed they can put dominant performances up on a weekly basis (3rd week in a row).

now that we're past week 4, teams sort of have an identity of what they want to do, which means now i will start posting rankings that are important to know each week, and that starts with San Fran!

Jimmy G is not being asked to throw the ball a ton. he ranks 24th in passing yards with 739. important stat: the 9ers run the ball 57% of the time, which i believe is tops in the nfl.

however, because of the run game, Jimmy G is being efficient, with 69% accuracy, and throwing 8.8 yards per pass.

here's the problem, Jimmy has been playing very....bleh. he has 5 TD's to 4 picks, as well as fumbling twice, 1 being lost, despite only being sacked twice. so, our defense can most certainly created turnovers on him.

but we have to be able to stop the run, and they have a very good run game.

San fran's offense overall rankings:

offense: 4th overall, 421 yards a game
passing: 17th, 246 yards a game
rushing: 2nd, 175 yards a game

defense: 3rd overall, 283 yards per game
passing: 6th, 208 yards per game
rushing: 5th, 75 yards per game

so far, the defense has created 9 sacks, 5 picks, and 3 fumbles. this is a very stout defense we are going against

so, lots of stats and info there. ultimately, Baker needs to not give the ball away, as he has 4 TD's, but already 6 picks. not good against a defense clearly capable of creating turnovers.

however, i feel like our defense can eat against this offense, and can completely harass the hell out of Jimmy G, who seems to be banged up in the steelers game.

so, that being said:

Baker Mayfield: 65%, 313, 2 TD's, 2 INT
Chubb: 23 carries, 123 yards, 2 TD's
OBJ: 7 catches, 98 yards, 1 TD

defense: 5 sacks, 2 TO's, but gives up 3 TD's on the ground.

Browns win 31-28.

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 03:26 PM
Browns win again. 35-24
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 03:36 PM
I don't know what the stats will be but IMO if we win this game be it by 3 points or 14 points it will be a big confidence builder and will show we are moving in a positive direction. It certainly will make me feel that the team is starting to gel and will get better as the season progresses.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 04:12 PM
I hate looking at stats this early in the season. They can be skewed by one game.

I would look ay who they beat, how they beat them, and what they did when they beat them.
Posted By: Swish Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 04:20 PM
They’ve been the bucs, bengals, and Steelers. The Steelers was the close game they should’ve lost.

While they all suck, they are still nfl teams, and the bucs just beat the rams at their house so.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 04:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
They’ve been the bucs, bengals, and Steelers. The Steelers was the close game they should’ve lost.

Steelers had 6 points off of four first half takeaways. The two FGs were from turnovers that gave them the ball in the red zone to start with. It was a race to see who lost that game first.
Posted By: Swish Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 04:49 PM
Yea, I think we smoke the 9ers if we played them that game.

Let’s hope our offense doesn’t slow down. If our defense gets after jimmy g, it might be a blowout again.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 06:22 PM
Screw the stats.

The only thing that matters is the final score.

Browns 42
49ers 13
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 06:24 PM
Browns 24
49ers 17
Posted By: bonefish Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 07:26 PM

49ers have a good defensive front.

On offense Shanahan likes to run with his zone blocking scheme. Jimmy G is an accurate passer with a quick release.

This game I believe will come down to talent matchup.

The 49ers do not have single matchups that scare you. They rely on scheme matchup.

Their DL is anchored by Nick Bosa and they play well together.

In the end I think talent will win out.

I like the Browns by ten or more.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 07:48 PM
I feel a big game from Mack Wilson coming on.

We have the recipe to Win. As long as we go Martha Stewart and don't (expletive) around with the ingredients, we'll be bringing a lovely casserole back to Cleveland.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 08:16 PM
Is Bosa injured?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 08:44 PM
Not to my knowledge.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/02/19 09:37 PM
Oh okay thanks ... i thought he was
Originally Posted By: bonefish
Not to my knowledge.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/04/19 01:46 AM
sf is weaker than baltimore
No number 1 receiver
No number 1 running back
Garopollo 5td to 4 int
browns roll 35-14
Posted By: JAG Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/04/19 08:30 AM
I haven't seen much of SF so I scoured the box scores.

Week 1 at TB....they were actually losing 7-6 at halftime. Tampa's td was on a pick 6. Then bad Winston showed up in the 2nd half and threw two pick 6s himself. SF RBs had 100 yards, but it was on 30 carries(3.3 per carry). Meanwhile the deadly duo of Ronald Jones and Peyton Barber had 108 yards on 21 carries(5.1 per carry).

Week 2 at Bungles....well they're just terrible and all of SF stats are inflated, just like the Rats vs Miami. 259 rushing yards! If the Browns give up that much I'll sit in a lawn chair naked at the end of my driveway for a day.

Week 3 vs Pitt....First start for Mason Rudolph. SF gave them 5 TOs which they did nothing with, two were in the redzone! It took a TD with a minute left for them to win.

Conclusion....they have a good Dline, but ours is pretty decent too. A rookie left tackle will be lined up against Garrett. Their best corner Witherspoon is out, Sherman is ehh and Verrett just went to the IR. Garrapolo has 5 TOs in three games. They faced Winston, Dalton and Rudolph. We faced Goff and Lamar....heck Mariota is probably better than those 3. Other than Kittle, no one on offense scares me. I'm also expecting a decent visiting fan turnout. It looked like half Steeler fans when they played Pitt.

31-13 Browns
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/04/19 11:52 AM
I know a dude who has a saying about stats, especially when the stats are cherry-picked.
Posted By: Army_Dawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/04/19 07:13 PM
wow, been awhile since I posted on here. Browns win the next 3, including this one 30-17.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/05/19 06:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Army_Dawg
wow, been awhile since I posted on here. Browns win the next 3, including this one 30-17.

If this happens we would be 5-2 heading to Denver where our schedule lightens up and this team's psyche would be exploding ...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/05/19 08:05 PM
Browns line has moved to +4.5.

I'm honestly shocked by this.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/05/19 08:34 PM
SF is a good team, I think 3-5 point spread is sufficient. They’re coming off a bye as well. They’re a top 10 team at home on MNF after a bye ... the stats for a team with TWO straight road games aren’t great.

I’m still not touching the game; I think we can/should keep it close
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/05/19 09:20 PM
Browns 38
49ers 23
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/05/19 09:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Browns line has moved to +4.5.

I'm honestly shocked by this.

I took the Browns +4 (I have a good feeling that we'll win) and the under at 48.

Fingers crossed.
Posted By: slick Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/05/19 10:20 PM
Before I give my prediction and i will. If anyone here gambles on football or is very knowledgeable of sports gambling. The line started out with 9ers and 3 point favorites. It's now 5. I know vegas will do what they can to trick the masses. So what do you think this steady increase points means. As far as the game goes. Niners o believe are on the top 3 against the run and number one running the ball. They are at home coming off bye week and we have to make long trip to west coast
49ers 30
Browns 17
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/05/19 11:31 PM
It means that the money has come in on the Niners thus far .... they move the line to make things even on both sides
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 12:32 AM
I know this --

The Browns will be the best team the 9ers have faced to date. We are the more talented team on paper. We have shown a tendency - albeit in a short season so far - to be able to game plan and scheme for our opponent. Our injuries are to players that do not play opposite of a strength of the 9ers. Our team has not played well at home but seems to rally on the road. We have some momentum and are feeling confident.

I'm sure the 9ers feel the same way, but 5 points is way too much. It wouldn't surprise me to see a bunch of sharp betting money come in on the Browns on Monday. It wouldn't surprise me if we won, and it wouldn't surprise me if we won convincingly.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 12:39 AM
I had $50 on the moneyline last week. smile
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 02:27 AM
Originally Posted By: slick
...They are at home coming off bye week and we have to make long trip to west coast
49ers 30
Browns 17

In the past, how many times did we come off a bye and play like S&^%???
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 03:12 AM
lots of times.
In fact, we played like poo more times than not.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 03:22 AM
Baker: 23/31 for 328 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
OBJ: 6 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD
Chubb: 22 carries, 108 yards, 2 TD

Seibert: 1/1 FGs, 4/4 XPs

Def: 3 sacks, 2 TOs

Browns: 31
San Fran: 20
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 03:44 AM
Originally Posted By: slick
Before I give my prediction and i will. If anyone here gambles on football or is very knowledgeable of sports gambling. The line started out with 9ers and 3 point favorites. It's now 5. I know vegas will do what they can to trick the masses. So what do you think this steady increase points means. As far as the game goes. Niners o believe are on the top 3 against the run and number one running the ball. They are at home coming off bye week and we have to make long trip to west coast
49ers 30
Browns 17

Yeah I get that it means people are betting on the 9ers to win.

I also don't see our defense giving up 30 to them, it has been the one unit on the team that has played consistent.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 03:47 AM
Screw it.

Bake: 19-28, 240 yards , 1 TD pass
Rickie Seals-Jones: 4 yard TD catch

Chubb: 22 carries, 103 yards, TD

Hilliard: 6 carries, 19 yards
Siebert: two FGs

Garrett: two sacks, forced fumble, recovery, TD.

Browns win 27-16
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 09:27 AM
I have a feeling it’ll be a lower scoring game, much like the SF/PIT game was early on ... something like 9-6 at half or something and 17-13 final
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 11:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
lots of times.

True ..... but its not like we ever played very good before the bye ... naughtydevil
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 12:36 PM
San Francisco 49’rs 3-1 wink
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 02:48 PM
Bet the under. Sounds like Vegas is trying to manufacture more action and betting on this game. We haven't been getting blasted. Longer drives on offense for us is like defense if it keeps them off the field, and we need to generate some points.

Lopsided bias for them, and it is lopsided when you look at the team records they played. Her is a chance for some street cred for us with a win. And how that happens can turn this into a statement win IMO. Chubb, run their secondary ragged. Chubb, and some seam passes. This can happen. I like the idea of center screens and maybe a throwback or two.

Unleash The Elf.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/06/19 08:00 PM
I'm surprised at how many picking the Browns.

I'd say this is one of our toughest if not THE toughest matchup remaining on the schedule. 49ers off a bye week, us coming off that sweet victory. We're heading to the west coast. And if there's one man in the NFL who DOES NOT want to lose to the Browns, I have to consider Shanahan could be that man. Not to mention the 49ers have a very good defense.

It would be nice to win this one but I'm expecting a loss to be honest.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 12:28 AM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
lots of times.

True ..... but its not like we ever played very good before the bye ... naughtydevil

rofl
Posted By: bonefish Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 12:38 AM

I have no real reason to feel so confident.

I just am.

I think we have turned the corner and will put some w's together.

I like us in this game and don't believe it will be a game were we sweat much.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 02:16 AM
I feel the exact same way.

I've been nervous before every game this year. I'm not nervous for tomorrow and think we will win handily.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 03:15 AM
The Browns "Exterpate" the hapless 9ers. nanner

34-27

Baker..............22 of 31, 335yds, 3tds, 1int.

OBJ................6rec for 115Yds, 2tds.

Jarvis.............7rec for 92yds, 1td.

Chubb............22 carries for 115yds, 1td. 3 Rec for 48yds.

D................5 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 2 ints.

The Scottish Hammer.......2 fgs, one more than 50yds.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/extirpate
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 03:20 AM
Why would our P be kicking FGs, when our PK has been perfect thus far on FG tries?
Posted By: kwhip Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 09:54 AM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I'm surprised at how many picking the Browns.

I'd say this is one of our toughest if not THE toughest matchup remaining on the schedule. 49ers off a bye week, us coming off that sweet victory. We're heading to the west coast. And if there's one man in the NFL who DOES NOT want to lose to the Browns, I have to consider Shanahan could be that man. Not to mention the 49ers have a very good defense.

It would be nice to win this one but I'm expecting a loss to be honest.

Isn't Frisco 0-6-1 in their last 7 coming off a Bye-Week?
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 10:15 AM
Oh, I don't know. And if that's the case they're probably due to win or something.

Not saying we are going to lose, but I don't think it'll be as ho hum as many think. I hope everyone is right, but I'm less concerned about next week vs Seattle.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 10:43 AM
There is no scientific correlation between predictions and the outcomes of games, but the predictions on this week's Brown's game remind me a lot of the predictions before the Titan game.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 12:08 PM
We should win this game, as I don't think SF is that good.

But two things to keep in mind.

SF is coming off a bye I believe and we are traveling to the west coast. Usually those are two big bonus for the opposing team.
Posted By: Swish Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 12:21 PM
but we look like road warriors, bro!!
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 01:49 PM
San Fran is a pretty solid team with a coach that really seems to know what he's doing.

I hope we commit to the run like we did vs Baltimore. It'll be tough sledding at first, but I look to Chubb to wear down that Dline and keep their offense off the field as much as possible.

I also want our Dline to come alive and disrupt what they're trying to do. If our D gets put on their heels, it's going to be a long day.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 04:09 PM
Last week I saw a big win for the Browns .......

This week I see a win ..... but it's going to be a close, hard fought victory. I think it's going to be something like Browns 24 - Niners 20
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 04:22 PM
I’m going to say a tight game ... lower scoring. It’s tough to get a read on the 9ers because they’ve played lesser teams. But they have a huge advantage with a bye last week.

Something like 20-18 Niner IMO
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 04:40 PM
We're ready for the niners... We figured out who we are on offense last week. The D is solid at worst. I think we steamroll the niners in a real statement game on MNF.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 05:40 PM
I was doing my Daily Fantasy football lineups for tonight's game and I noticed that SF has the number one ranked D against RBs.

I don't know if that means much, but I was a bit surprised.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:08 PM
Weren't the Ravens the #1 run defense until Nick Chubb?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:16 PM
The Ravens were ranked pretty good against the Run, too wink

I'm with you in that I don't know if it means much or not, but I don't believe the 49ers have much behind their DLine. So, while they can get pressure and they apparently play the run fairly well, I think that if we get runs past that DLine, the rest of the field will be a bit looser.

That said, here is your Grain of Salt to take with that:

Two of the three teams they have faced are Cinci and Pittsburgh.

Cinci is the 32nd ranked Run offense at 61.2 yds/game
Pitt is the 29th ranked Run offense at 67 yds/game

The one "good" rushing team they faced was Tampa who is 19th at 109.4 yds/game.

The Bucs ran for 121 yrds total with their leading rusher averaging 5.8 yds/carry.

The Bengals ran for only 25 Total Yards
The Steelers ran for only 79 Total Yards

So, there is a VERY real likelihood that their Run Defense ranking is highly skewed by the combination of how few games they've played and how poorly two of those three opponents have been at running the ball.

We are coming in as the 17th ranked Run O at 117 yds/game, so I would say that, at a minimum, we can expect something closer to what the Bucs did, which means Chubb should feast a bit.

Speaking of the Bucs, the story of that game was the number of times the Bucs turned the ball over - actually, both teams turned it over, a lot. If we stay disciplined and take care of the ball, we should stack up against them pretty well.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:21 PM
Are you telling me to take Chubb in all 3 of tonight's contests? wink
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:25 PM
Not sure what to expect out of the 9ers.. The Bengals are terrible, they got the Steelers on Mason Rudolph's first ever NFL start (and the Steelers aren't that good), and there is nothing in the stats that jumps out about the Bucs game..

Give them credit for being 3-0 but it's not exactly a scary 3-0...

This is a game the Browns should win if they continue their trajectory of improving every week... execute the plan, limit the mistakes, win the game... 30-17.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:26 PM
I find adding some color to the stats is useful. I know that the Cinci game wasn't really close from the get-go. Cinci moved away from the ground game early on to try to catch up, which just resulted in their Oline getting abused.

Pittsburgh would've had ample chance to run the ball as the game was close for a while. That was the game where San Fran just kept giving Pburgh the ball throughout the first half.

I have no info on the Bucs game.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:29 PM
I'm also really curious on what the key has been to getting the ball from the SF offense. At times, they seem to REALLY like to turn over the ball. Almost like if the offense isn't just absolutely cruising along, they run into trouble. Curious if anyone has insight into that.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:29 PM
To emphasize how potentially skewed their ranking is, if Cinci had even been as terrible as Pittsburgh was in their game and had gotten 75 yards total rushing (just 50 yards more), the 49ers Run Defense ranking would fall out of the Top 10.

I mean, when Pittsburgh played Cinci, the leading rusher was Joe Mixon (62 yds).
The vaunted Steelers couldn't run for more than 69 yards against CINCI.

Cinci tried to outdo them, but still managed 73 yards.
The takeaway is that the 49ers opponents have been really bad at running, thus far.

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:33 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I find adding some color to the stats is useful. I know that the Cinci game wasn't really close from the get-go. Cinci moved away from the ground game early on to try to catch up, which just resulted in their Oline getting abused.

And that sort of thing is exactly what you cannot get from looking at the stats, but by the same token you can look at more games to validate whether or not the opponent was actually just that bad at running. Early on, if they could have ran that ball at all, Cinci could have stayed balanced to get things working in their favor, but they simply don't have that capability.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 06:35 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm also really curious on what the key has been to getting the ball from the SF offense. At times, they seem to REALLY like to turn over the ball. Almost like if the offense isn't just absolutely cruising along, they run into trouble. Curious if anyone has insight into that.

They absolutely gave it away in bunches versus the Steelers. Hopefully our guys have watched that game a billion times to figure out what helped the Steelers be so "lucky". Maybe we spot something in the film that lets us feast on Jimmy G.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 07:10 PM
my biggest concern is our Defense against their running game..We didn't really do that well against baltimore. Something like 6.0 ypc. Good news is they don't have much in way of receivers so we can scheme more to stop run and you really only have to worry about the backs. Shanny uses 21 personnel alot to run out of and he's not bashful about trying to impose his running game on you. I still think we're more talented and SF hasn't really played anyone yet. 23-20 Browns
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Browns 38
49ers 23

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 08:11 PM
The 49ers have beat Tampa Bay(31-17), Cincy(41-17), and Pittsburgh(24-20)... Then they got an early bye week while feeling on top of the world. The Steelers gave them all they wanted. I just don't see how we are not way better on both sides of the ball than all the teams they beat. The DT Pickems pro talking heads section is split 50/50 with 4 taking each team.

Sure we can lose this game, but it is very winnable IMHO.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Why would our P be kicking FGs, when our PK has been perfect thus far on FG tries?

Omg.

rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 09:06 PM
I expect us to win this...it won't be easy...But if we identify as a good team, then we must take the according steps...and that's beating good football teams.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 11:12 PM
j/c:

A lot of people are dogging the 49ers, but what have the Browns done? I'm not making any predictions, but the Browns are 2 and 2 and haven't done much, either.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 11:15 PM
I’m weary due to the late line push (-5 with 70% of the big money on SF) ... that usually is telling with that big of a push
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 11:26 PM
Quote:
I’m weary

I'm saying this in a nice way. I am also bringing it up because I've seen it quite often on the board.

Weary means tired.

I think the word you guys are looking for is either wary or leery, which both mean cautious or suspicious. Some people use the word "leary," but that is an old-fashioned spelling of leery. Then again, some use that word as a reference to the psychedelic philosophies of Timothy Leary. wink
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 11:28 PM
Haha no, I got you thanks ... it’s autocorrect and sometimes I don’t catch stuff rofl
Posted By: FATE Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/07/19 11:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
I’m weary

I'm saying this in a nice way. I am also bringing it up because I've seen it quite often on the board.

Weary means tired.

I think the word you guys are looking for is either wary or leery, which both mean cautious or suspicious. Some people use the word "leary," but that is an old-fashioned spelling of leery. Then again, some use that word as a reference to the psychedelic philosophies of Timothy Leary. wink

Great segway to my post... I think anybody betting big money on SF is straight trippin'! rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/08/19 03:45 AM
Like I said:

Quote:
There is no scientific correlation between predictions and the outcomes of games, but the predictions on this week's Brown's game remind me a lot of the predictions before the Titan game.

and

Quote:
A lot of people are dogging the 49ers, but what have the Browns done? I'm not making any predictions, but the Browns are 2 and 2 and haven't done much, either.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/08/19 04:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Like I said:

Quote:

and

Quote:

Right there with you. I was hopeful, but this had loss written all over it. Blow out was upsetting. No reason for that. There are issues.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/08/19 09:01 AM
I think a lot of us thought this would be a tough game ... but most thought it would be close. This loss was concerning IMO
© DawgTalkers.net