DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 01:34 PM
man screw this! we're winning against Seattle!

who cares that the seahawks are 4-1? who cares that Russell Wilson is making an MVP case with 73% accuracy, 12 TD's, no picks, average 9 yards per pass with a 126.3 rating?

who cares that their offense is ranked 7th in the nfl, 12th in rushing and 8th in passing?

who cares that they have Clowney, who will murder Robison come sunday?

we still can win this!!!

Baker mayfield: 74%, 456 yards passing, 4 TD's, no picks
OBJ: 12 catches, 212 yards, 2 TDs
Jarvis: 8 catches, 89 yards, 1 TD

Defense.....4 sacks, 2 turnovers, blocked FG to win the game

browns win 27-24
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 01:57 PM
Seattle 23
Cleveland 13

Our offense is in shambles and our defense is showing leaks in the run/PA game ... not a good combo against this team.

They are experienced, tough, and clutch. We are the exact opposite.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 02:35 PM
Agreed. The book is out on us and they are a better team.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 02:37 PM
Are they? Cinci gave them all they could handle. They're not the same team they were a couple years ago.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Are they? Cinci gave them all they could handle. They're not the same team they were a couple years ago.

Until we prove otherwise, yes.
The team that showed up for the Ravens has a shot. The team that showed up for the rest of our games does not.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 02:41 PM
They are better prepared, better coached, and ready for big games.

We are not on their level...hopefully yet. Maybe never (its been 20 years and counting).

I don't see us having a shot, but its the NFL, you never know.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 02:51 PM
One thing that may factor in is that Seattle, a west coast team, is coming east, and playing a 1pm game. That's early for them. Who knows how, original, it will affect them.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 03:02 PM

This was my logic against the niners. They played three inferior teams and they all scored more than us. They beat us like a drum.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 03:10 PM
I think its safer to assume we are not the team we were a year ago. . . .
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 04:23 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

This was my logic against the niners. They played three inferior teams and they all scored more than us. They beat us like a drum.
I think a lot of us (including our players probably) were pretty shocked at just how good the Niners were ... I mean, that was a straight beat down in all facets. Maybe it was the bye week or they were highly motivated, but we didn’t even belong on the same field as them
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I think a lot of us (including our players probably) were pretty shocked at just how good the Niners were ... I mean, that was a straight beat down in all facets. Maybe it was the bye week or they were highly motivated, but we didn’t even belong on the same field as them
I think it had a lot to do with just how bad we are/played.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I think it had a lot to do with just how bad we are/played.
could be the case. Let’s hope it’s how badly we played, but I think it’s probably also how bad we are haha
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 04:32 PM
I don't think the 9ers are as good as they seemed or we are as bad. You get the score to 14-10 like it should have been and who knows.

I also read that the Browns flew in on Sunday. I don't think they were physically or mentally prepared for the game. Chalk it up to Freddie or the players ...whatever ...it is what it is.

I do have a question for the posters predicting a loss on Sunday. You may end up being right that we lose, but if that's your expectation are you going to be upset in the game day and post game threads? If you're already expecting it, why get mad about it? The people who are expecting the loss are the most vocal and the most upset when it happens.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 04:38 PM
The 49ers are playing the way our Browns were suppose to be playing. There was no pre-season hype for them, no lofty predictions, no pressure and no undue attention. I wonder if that might have something to do with what has happened so far this year?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 04:46 PM

I went back and looked at Seattle's scores. It definitely looks like they're able to play with good teams, but also can play poorly against lesser teams. The Cinci and Saints games could've just been flukes.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 05:03 PM
Will learn alot about this team this week. Another blowout loss and its going to get ugly with the bye the next week. Can't think Haslam is too happy right now after the offseason. Seattle isn't beating anyone or going anywhere this year..too many holes..they are slightly better than middle of the pack..they are beatable if we play at the level we are supposed to. Metcalf worries me.. and wagner is good..but we should be able to move the ball I see a 23-20 21-14 type game..who wins is going to be hard to say. If it comes down to execution and coaching, we might be screwed
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 05:04 PM
Seattle 31
Cleveland 3
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 05:33 PM
I agree in part, and I’m partially to blame; sports are emotional and you always want your team to win. During the heat of the moment you can still root for them, but after (or before) the fact you can use your brain a bit more as you’re removed from the emotion of the moment.

Having said that, I predicted a very close loss to the 9ers ... and our performance was anything but respectable ... I’d feel different about our team had we competed our tails off and lost 31-30 or whatever
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 06:13 PM
Screw the stats. Final score is all that matters.

Seachickens 31
Browns 3
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/09/19 07:03 PM

And now the 9ers have played four.
Posted By: FrankPitts Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 12:28 AM
Browns 27
Seahawks 20

We win the turnover battle, and Calloway rebounds with a couple long catches.

3-3 int the bye, and everything begins to finally settle in terms of this team's identity.
Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 02:04 AM
The Browns have become quite hard to predict. They are inconsistent, which is typical of such a young team with all new coaches, an unproven rookie head coach, and new offensive and defensive schemes. (Which is why I picked them to finish 9-7.)

I could kind of see them winning against Seattle if the Browns swing back to rare good play and the travel schedule gets to the Seahawks.

But after that horrible beating in Frisco, I doubt the Browns win a game until they get into the "easy" part of their schedule.

Seahawks 30 - Browns 17
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 02:06 AM
Depends on which offensive game plan that is used. Long drawn out plays, we'll have a similar result offensively. Play calling like against Baltimore, and we have a chance.

The nice thing is that Carson is more like the other 4 games RBs than SF and Seattle's OL isn't as solid as SFs.

I don't see Baker having that bad of a game twice in a row.

I think this game will be similar to the Rams game - we'll hold our own, but I have no idea if we'll be on the W side or L side. I'm going to go 24-20 on the score and say we win just because they're traveling across the country (though they're pretty good when traveling to the east coast).

Baker 65%, 270 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 2 sacks
Chubb 20 carries, 90 yards, 1 TD

Defense 350 yards, 1 Turnover, 4 sacks
Posted By: Southwestdawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 11:20 AM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I think its safer to assume we are not the team we were a year ago. . . .

That has yet to be proven. We get whooped. I am going to do yard work and get skunked on cheap whiskey.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 02:04 PM
I agree. They are way too hard to predict. This is frustrating as a fan. It is also frustrating for someone who enjoys betting on sports. I had a good feel for the team last year betting wise. I have no feel this year. Convinced a lot of my buddies to go big on Browns Monday night. I was bombarded with some very colorful texts. LOL
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 07:20 PM
I know Wilson is having a very good year - 12 td's and no int's I believe.

But..........

Seattle :

Home against the Bengals - won 21-20
@ Pitt - won 28-26.
Home against SAints - Lost 33-27
@ Arizona - won 27-10
Home against the rams: won 30-29.

Which Browns team shows up?

(had to edit this to show the score against the bengals wasn't 21-21. It was 21-20.)
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 07:25 PM
I think I agree with your premise, the Seahags are good but they aren't out there dominating everybody and appearing unbeatable...

If we show up and get off to a good start there is no reason we shouldn't be in this game until the very end with a chance to win...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 07:25 PM
I didn't realize their schedule has been so weak.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 07:28 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

We said that about SF
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

We said that about SF

We are still losing, so your point is mute as usual.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/10/19 09:14 PM

We said that about SF
exactly
Posted By: MileHighBrown Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/11/19 06:53 PM

We said that about SF
exactly

Yeah, but SF has been dominating their weak schedule, Seattle not as much.

Our team is very Dr. Jeckel/Mr. Hyde. Depends on which team shows up. If we start out slow though, don't be surprised when our own fans start booing.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/11/19 09:24 PM
Win it for Swagger!!!

After 5+ seasons, Swagger will make his final run Sunday, pass the tradition to his son, SJ

Swagger, the beloved, 145-pound bullmastiff who has been with the Browns since 2014, will make his final run onto the field Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium.

The pre-game tradition, though, isn’t going anywhere, and it’s staying in the family.

SJ, who will turn 11 months old Sunday, will be introduced to fans, during a brief, in-game moment during Sunday's third quarter. SJ will take over all of Swagger’s duties starting Nov. 10, when the Browns host the Bills. Swagger will serve as the Dawg Pound Captain for his final game.

“Swagger has been a huge part of our team since 2014 and our fans absolutely love him,” said Carlos Oseguera, Browns Senior Director, Fan Experience & Special Events. “Between his event appearances, pre-game duties on Dawg Pound Drive and his running out of the home team tunnel on game days, he’s been the utmost professional through his years of service. We wish Swagger a happy retirement and know that SJ will carry on the family tradition beginning November 10.”

Swagger has run through the tunnel at every Browns game at FirstEnergy Stadium since 2014. The lone “home” game he’s missed was in 2017, when Cleveland faced the Minnesota Vikings in London. Swagger’s British cousin, Otto, filled in for him to maintain the team’s tradition in an overseas venue.

On top of running through the tunnel, SJ, who has already earned his American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen badge, will follow in Swagger’s paw steps by making regular appearances on Dawg Pound Drive before games and events throughout the community.

Like Swagger, SJ hails from FD Farms in Rootstown, Ohio. Fred and Debby McLaughlin are the operators, and their son, Justin, is the dog’s handler who will continue to run alongside him onto the field.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/11/19 10:16 PM
We are a young team so we are up and we are down.

I hope for up this week.

BROWNS- 27
Sea Hogs- 17
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/12/19 04:54 AM
Dr. Jekyll Browns

- Baker: 21/28, 289 yards, 2 TDs, 1 TO

- Landry: 8 catches, 98 Yards, 1 TD

- Chubb 21 carries, 108 yards, 1 TD

Browns - 24
Seattle - 20

Mr. Hyde Browns

- Baker: 13-23, 118 yards, 2 TOs

- OBJ: 3 catches for 29 yards

- Chubb: 11 carries for 67 yards

Browns - 6
Seahawks - 23
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/12/19 08:35 AM
That’s about right
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/12/19 12:49 PM
Cleveland Browns: Can they win at home and put season back together?

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10...k-together.html

By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer
CLEVELAND – Talking to myself as the Browns face Seattle at FirstEnergy Stadium at 1 p.m. Sunday:

QUESTION: Don’t you expect the Browns to lose again?

ANSWER: I don’t want to think about it.

Q: Didn’t you pick them to lose in San Francisco?

A: Yep.

Q: Isn’t Seattle a better team than the 49ers?

A: Probably.

Q: What about Russell Wilson...12 TD passes, zero interceptions?

A: Along with Patrick Mahomes, he’s the best QB in the NFL.

Q: What about Seattle’s pass rush? Ziggy Ansah and Jadeveon Clowney?

A: Big names. But they have only two sacks between them. Seattle has only 10 sacks in five games, the Browns have 16. The Seahawks are allowing 23.6 points, the Browns 24.4. They could be somewhat like Baltimore, a defense whose reputation is greater than its performance this season.

Q: So you think they can play another game like the 40-25 victory in Baltimore?

A: Of course, that’s the Browns at their best.

Q: So what was last week’s 31-3 loss to San Francisco? Or the 43-13 pounding by Tennessee in the home opener.

A: The Browns at their worst?

Q: Let’s hope it can’t get any worse than that.

A: As I wrote earlier in the week, those two losses were worse than anything in the 40-game Hue Jackson Era. The 35-10 loss to Dallas in 2016 was the biggest margin of defeat. The Browns can drive you crazy. After winning decisively in Baltimore, you think they can beat almost anybody. And after the 49ers game, you think they’ll lose to everybody.

Q: What’s going on?

A: Before the season began, I was worried about all the changes on the coaching staff. Freddie Kitchens is a rookie head coach with three coordinators from different teams: offensive coordinator Todd Monken (Tampa Bay), defensive coordinator Steve Wilks (Arizona) and special teams coach Mike Priefer (Minnesota). These guys have never worked together before and Kitchens is still trying to figure out his role.

Q: Is that what Priefer was talking about in his weekly press conference?

A: Here’s some of what he said: "You have coaches coming from different staffs around the league or even college. You have players coming from different teams. I think Freddie is doing a phenomenal job of changing the culture. I have my master’s degree in management, and I took leadership culture classes and I have studied a lot of that stuff."

Q: Please, not another lesson in patience.

A: Priefer also said: “Being a Naval Academy grad, I have studied leadership and leaders. You do not just walk in and change the culture overnight. It is a process. It is going to take some time. Whether we were 0-5, 2-3, 3-2 or 5-0, it still takes time to build the culture the way Freddie has envisioned it . . . Although the record does not show it quite yet, I do feel good about where we are."

Q: Are you buying any of that?

A: Like everything with the Browns, this has been harder than expected. I will say Priefer’s special teams have been a bright spot this year.

Q: Was Jarvis Landry right when he said: “We may not be as good as we think we are.”

A: So far, at least on most game days. But I also think Priefer has a point when he said, “It doesn’t happen over night.”

Q: Over night? OVER NIGHT!!! Most fans have been waiting at least 20 years since they returned. Don’t you get it, we’re sick of waiting!

A: I admit to being frustrated. Not simply because they are 2-3, but because they seem emotionally fragile. It has shown up in the blowouts. But they do have talent. It’s real.

Q: So what kind of team is this?

A: That’s the question facing them Sunday. They are 0-2 at home. They have a West Coast team coming in.

Q: Isn’t it harder for a West Coast team to come East and win than it is for an East Coast team to go West and win?

A: There are some stats about that. They have to do with the West Coast team feeling like it’s playing at 10 a.m. because of the time change. When it comes to this game, that doesn’t matter. The players matter. The coaching staff matters. They have to be prepared. They can’t wilt when adversity hits.

Q: Why do you keep writing that?

A: Because it’s the only way for things to change. Baker Mayfield has to return to the guy who set a rookie record for TD passes. Odell Beckham Jr. has to be an important part of the passing game, just as Nick Chubb can power the running game. The defense can play well, as it did against the Rams, Ravens and Jets.

Q: So you think they can win?

A: Of course, they CAN win. In fact, I’m predicting they WILL win: 27-24. My record predicting Browns games this year is 4-1.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 01:33 PM
I think we are going to win today. That's my only prediction.
Posted By: Glw12 Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 01:47 PM
The only stat that matters is points.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 02:18 PM
I think we win as well and before I read Pluto's Q&A above I thought 27-24. 3 point win...maybe even Seibert for the game winner.

I was nervous going into Monday Night....even said so to a few colleagues who are Niners fans and were giving me banter all week leading up to it (answering all the texts and facing them on Tuesday morning was not fun!). I didn't feel confident w/that game. For whatever reason, I do w/Seattle.

Of course now that I just typed that and am about to hit send it prob means we will lose in a heartbreaker. frown
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 03:07 PM
Baker.....22 of 32, 279yds, 3tds.

Chubb.....18 carries, 112yds, 2tds, 1 rush td, 1 rec td.

Beckham...7rec, 114yds, 1td.

Landry....6rec, 88yds, 1td.

Browns "PUNISH" the Seagulls, 34-30
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 04:05 PM

I think today we will see how awesome Wilson is at rolling out (and he is smart, if defense play back...he'll run as he is very athletic and quick...you attack him, and he'll find Lockett deep) Where as Baker rolls out right, and just throws down the right sideline every time.

I think we lose by two TDs...I hope I'm wrong
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 04:08 PM
I’m also worried about Wilson’s running and his ability to connect with Dissley ... I’d like to think it’ll be a close game, but I also thought that ast week
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 04:14 PM
I’m also worried about Wilson’s running and his ability to connect with Dissley ... I’d like to think it’ll be a close game, but I also thought that ast week

Yep Dissley is dangerous in the redzone and has been getting better weekly. Carson is going to break a few tackles on us, afraid they will run right at Myles... I would probably have Carrie and or Burris shadow DK Metcalf, just as they are bigger than Mitchell...and Mithcell probably looks on paper better to match and run with Lockett....

Seattle makes a lot of big plays, and we seem to give up the big plays.

With Wilson being a pretty smart QB, he is going to take advantage of what we give him...And his evading is perhaps the best...So those arm sacks will not be at display today.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 04:21 PM

Both of their starting corners aren't out every week. Ours are out again today. Unless a miracle occurs, the Seahawks will kick our ass today and we will enter the bye at 2-4 and facing the Patriots. 2-5 is very likely and then who knows? If they play like they should we could still have a winning record at 9-7 but so far even that isn't looking good.

Prediction? In the words of Clubber Lang I predict PAIN.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Stat/Win prediction! - 10/13/19 04:27 PM

I know a lot of people have been saying we are saving Ward and Greedy for NE...Purely speculation...but why? We will lose that one regardless if they play or not.
© DawgTalkers.net