DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Injury Report - 10/23/19 08:55 PM

And a biggie:

It appears Josh Gordon has worn out his welcome with the Patriots. It's not like they have an over abundance of playmakers either.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/23/19 10:24 PM
Gordon can sign elsewhere ... Green Bay? SF?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/23/19 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Gordon can sign elsewhere ... Green Bay? SF?

Yup. Once it's determined that he's healthy he will be subject to waivers. He will not be a free agent.

That means teams put in claims and are awarded players based on reverse standings. I would guess that means he does not make it to Green Bay and/or San Francisco. I wouldn't be surprised if he went unclaimed because of his history but if I had to bet I'd say he gets claimed by someone (I would guess the Chargers).
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/23/19 10:43 PM
Yeah, I’m not sure who else above the contenders will bid on him ... but a few teams will
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Injury Report - 10/23/19 10:51 PM
Josh Gordon in LA is a relapse waiting to happen.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/23/19 10:57 PM
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
or Denver haha
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 01:56 PM
I hope he goes to the Dolphins.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 03:04 PM
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
or Denver haha

I don't think his location plays into it one bit. Every major city has access to a variety of drugs and are easily found by anyone who wants them.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 04:02 PM
iMO the Pats are just getting ahead of his next suspension ... thats how i’m reading this particular tea leaf ...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 04:03 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 04:08 PM
Damarious Randall still not practicing because of hamstring injury.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 04:10 PM
While I won't discount that as a possibility, I think they are just weak at the position and need the help now. IMO that's why they ponied up the high price for Sanu and wrote Gordon off.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 04:15 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Damarious Randall still not practicing because of hamstring injury.

When exactly did this happen? This sucks because he is the "qb" of our secondary. I understand that for this game it doesnt really matter as we will be getting blown out. However he will probably miss the next 5 weeks or so.....which will hurt us when playing against teams we have a chance to beat
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 06:05 PM
DENZEL WARD
DB, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns CBs Denzel Ward (hamstring) and Greedy Williams (hamstring) are practicing in full for Week 8 against the Patriots.

Neither of the Browns' top two corners have played since Week 2. The Browns' secondary actually held up admirably well during their four-game absence, but their return will be a huge boost against a Patriots passing attack that has never quite achieved liftoff this season. Any chance the Browns have at pulling off the road upset will begin with their defense.

Oct 24, 2019, 1:40 PM ET
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 06:06 PM
Great news!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 06:18 PM
Bad news with Randall though
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 08:55 PM
Garrett added with a knee but not supposed to be serious
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 09:30 PM
Quote:
And a biggie:

It appears Josh Gordon has worn out his welcome with the Patriots. It's not like they have an over abundance of playmakers either.

The Patriots went from having one fo the most stacked WR corps in NFL history, talent wise (Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Demaryius Thomas), lost ALL of them, and still have the #1 offense in the NFL.

Belichek is just next level genius. Best of all time and it's not even close.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 09:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Garrett added with a knee but not supposed to be serious

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns defensive end Myles Garrett was added to the Browns’ injury report on Thursday following practice. Garrett was listed as limited with a knee injury. Garrett did not leave practice.

The addition of Garrett was the only change for the Browns, meaning safety Damarious Randall did not practice again with a hamstring injury.

“It is kind of just a day-to-day thing,” head coach Freddie Kitchens said on Wednesday when asked about Randall’s status.

Tackle Kendall Lamm, coming back from a knee injury, was limited. Everyone else on the injury report, including quarterback Baker Mayfield, was listed as a full participant.

Patriots wide receiver Phillip Dorsett (hamstring) went from limited to full participation, and right guard Shaq Mason (ankle) returned to practice on a limited basis. Running back Rex Burkhead (foot) remained limited, he’s missed the last three games, while safety Patrick Chung was limited with heel and chest injuries. Chung missed Monday night’s game against the Jets. Tight end Ryan Izzo, who also missed Monday night’s game, did not practice due to a concussion, nor did tight end Matt LaCosse, due to an knee injury.

Wide receivers Julian Edelman (chest) and Gunner Olszewsi (ankle/hamstring) were both limited. Both played on Monday night.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10...r-patriots.html
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 09:51 PM
Originally Posted By: myka
Quote:
And a biggie:

The Patriots went from having one fo the most stacked WR corps in NFL history, talent wise (Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Demaryius Thomas), lost ALL of them, and still have the #1 offense in the NFL.

The Patriots do not have the #1 offense in the NFL.
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:
And a biggie:

The Patriots do not have the #1 offense in the NFL.

Cleveland Browns Daily said they do.

And a quick peak at the NFL.com standings shows they do. I mean sure, that's only cuz Mahomes got hurt, but points talk.

You could argue some technicalities, like "they're setup by their Defense", or "they have less yards" or "they haven't had a bye week yet".

But you can argue until you're blue in the face, most points scored wins games, and they have the most scored (and least allowed).
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:03 PM
But you can argue until you're blue in the face, most points scored wins games, and they have the most scored (and least allowed).

Their defense has scored five touchdowns. Those points should not be attributed to the offense whatsoever. The total offense is 8th overall, the passing offense 5th, and rushing is 20th.
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:05 PM

Their defense has scored five touchdowns. Those points should not be attributed to the offense whatsoever. The total offense is 8th overall, the passing offense 5th, and rushing is 20th.

Like I said, you can find any way to spin it, ultimately they have the best offense in the NFL. They don't turn the ball over, they have insane efficiency, and ball control.

They are the #1 offense. If I had the Patriots offense I wouldn't trade it with any other team. (while Mahomes is hurt that is)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:06 PM

Like I said, you can find any way to spin it, ultimately they have the best offense in the NFL. They don't turn the ball over, they have insane efficiency, and ball control.

They are the #1 offense. If I had the Patriots offense I wouldn't trade it with any other team.

They are literally not the #1 by any measure. You are making two different points. They literally score less points on offense than several other teams.
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:08 PM

They are the #1 offense. If I had the Patriots offense I wouldn't trade it with any other team.

They are literally not the #1 by any measure. You are making two different points. They literally score less points on offense than several other teams.

OVERALL they are the best offense in the NFL.

You can pick any one category, subtract numbers based on making a point here or there, but ultimately, there is no other offense you'd rather field on any given Sunday.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:11 PM
there is no other offense you'd rather field on any given Sunday.

Being the #1 offense and being the offense you would take over the field is not the same thing.

There are actually several I would take over the Patriots. Their offense has been lacking so far this year.
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:22 PM
there is no other offense you'd rather field on any given Sunday.

Being the #1 offense and being the offense you would take over the field is not the same thing.

There are actually several I would take over the Patriots. Their offense has been lacking so far this year.

Ok we will just agree to disagree. We have different terminology which is fine. When I talk about "#1" I just mean it as "best" and by that I mean "winning games".

Not sure what Cleveland Browns Daily meant by it.

What's team's O would you take over the Patriots?

I would take the Chiefs when Mahomes is healthy, tho I'm a huge fan boy of his and wanted him in the draft, so not sure if I'm biased, but I think most agree they are dynamic with him.

The only other ones I could consider are....

Packers/ Vikings - When they are firing on all cylinders they are way better than the Patriots at scoring, but they are inconsistent, also what 3-5 defensive players would you give up to pay their superstar salaries? (Rodgers makes $18 million more per year than Brady)

Cowboys / Texans - I'd listen to arguments for these.

Ravens - haven't scored against anyone good yet, defense and good luck won the Seahawks game.

Seahawks - they're close, very close, if DK Metcalf (or another) emerges as a star they could take the #1 spot, but again Wilson makes DOUBLE what Brady makes, so bye bye defensive players.

Saints - With Brees fully healthy, sure.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:24 PM
I would take all of the offenses you listed over the Patriots based on what we've seen this season. I'd also add the Saints with a healthy Brees and Kamara.
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:27 PM
I would take all of the offenses you listed over the Patriots based on what we've seen this season. I'd also add the Saints with a healthy Brees and Kamara.

Yeah, I was editing when you responded, fully healthy, sure Saints, but they're not. So not them.

And if you'd take the Ravens offense over the Patriots offense we'll just have to agree to disagree on all fundamentals of football. That's fine.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 10:43 PM
Just to chime in, the Pats have probably played one “good” defense so far (the Bills) and they looked very bad and barely won.

Problem is, I’m not sure our defense is good
Posted By: Swish Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 11:15 PM
we're 23rd overall.

30th in rushing, 6th in passing, 22nd in scoring.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 11:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
we're 23rd overall.

30th in rushing, 6th in passing, 22nd in scoring.

So, bottom half
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 11:28 PM
30th against the run is sad.....we will never win consistently if we cant stop the run
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
30th against the run is sad.....we will never win consistently if we cant stop the run
there was a LOT of talk that we’d have a GOOD if not ELITE defense .. and the fact that we’re 30th against the run is straight embarrassing
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 11:35 PM
Not embarrassing but straight embarrassing?

Your use of words is filled with dramatics.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 11:53 PM
j/c:

I don't think New England has the best offense in the league, but using total yards to rank offenses and defenses is neanderthal thinking.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 11:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Not embarrassing but straight embarrassing?

Your use of words is filled with dramatics.
it’s a colloquialism from my area I guess? That’s pretty standard phrasing around here honestly.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/24/19 11:59 PM
Ignore him, 4Life. Not worth the effort. Say what the hell you want to say in regards to football.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 02:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I don't think New England has the best offense in the league, but using total yards to rank offenses and defenses is neanderthal thinking.

Let’s just say I didn’t use more advanced statistics for a reason.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 03:49 AM
there was a LOT of talk that we’d have a GOOD if not ELITE defense .. and the fact that we’re 30th against the run is straight embarrassing

So in your opinion is it the scheme? I tend to think it is. Wilks defense just is not working here. Of course being on the field more than the offense doesnt help either. Kitchens needs to give up the play calling duties, but still, when I think about our defense two games stand out to me. The titans game and the seahawks game. In both of those games, both the titans and seahawks were missing two starters on the offensive line and we STILL could not dominate them. This is both coaching and scheme. This 4-2-5 defense just doesnt seem fit for the players we have. Maybe it's something else but that's the best I can come up with.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 09:14 AM
I’m not sure what it is ... scheme may be the case of course. I don’t really know what else it could be, other than the fact that our secondary’s been banged up and it’s a domino effect to everything else
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 11:21 AM
LOL. Understandable.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 04:39 PM
I’m not sure what it is ... scheme may be the case of course. I don’t really know what else it could be, other than the fact that our secondary’s been banged up and it’s a domino effect to everything else

They're certainly not getting any help from the offense, which could definitely skew their numbers/rankings...

but despite that, I'm still disappointed in the D. They just aren't that dominant force they are supposed to be. Dragging that boat anchor of an offense we have through each game only accounts for a part of their subpar performance.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 04:50 PM
Browns rule out S Damarious Randall (hamstring), OL Kendall Lamm (knee) & Sheldrick Redwine (hamstring) are questionable
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 05:03 PM
Browns are 2-4...very good chance for 2-5.
Things are seemingly a mess.

Randall is in the final year of contract before he gets a HUGE salary.
Randall has a 'hamstring' injury.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 05:46 PM
Ugh
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 08:27 PM
j/c:

And that reason is?

I specifically asked you for reasoning for each team being a preferable offense to the Patriots. You said they don't lead in any statistic. Mentioned yards and such.

I have access to all the statistics NFL makes public, as well as PFF, and write my own statistical analysis models processed by machine learning to make my determinations. So if you're worried about my comprehension of your numbers you don't have to. I'd love to hear your points and have a reasoned debate smile

Though this is probably not the best thread for it, so if that's the reason I understand.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 09:33 PM
j/c:

And that reason is?

I specifically asked you for reasoning for each team being a preferable offense to the Patriots. You said they don't lead in any statistic. Mentioned yards and such.

I have access to all the statistics NFL makes public, as well as PFF, and write my own statistical analysis models processed by machine learning to make my determinations. So if you're worried about my comprehension of your numbers you don't have to. I'd love to hear your points and have a reasoned debate smile

Though this is probably not the best thread for it, so if that's the reason I understand.

Wow not only do you create your own statistical models but also programmed a computer to learn it and keep learning to give the best analysis......I wish I was smart like you superconfused
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 10:02 PM
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 10:32 PM
j/c:

And that reason is?

Wow not only do you create your own statistical models but also programmed a computer to learn it and keep learning to give the best analysis......I wish I was smart like you superconfused

lol, I went to engineering school to learn how to program. Unrelated to being smart. I'm not dumb, but hardly a super genius. Just saying I understand mathematical models if cfrs wishes to share.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Injury Report - 10/25/19 11:24 PM
Fair points.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 10/26/19 04:50 AM
j/c:

And that reason is?

lol, I went to engineering school to learn how to program. Unrelated to being smart. I'm not dumb, but hardly a super genius. Just saying I understand mathematical models if cfrs wishes to share.

Unrelated to being smart? You understand mathematical models and your a engineer? Dude....your smart lol.....I get confused when tying my shoe sometimes lol. Trust me your smart. I applaud you for your achievements.
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 10/26/19 10:20 AM
j/c:

And that reason is?

Unrelated to being smart? You understand mathematical models and your a engineer? Dude....your smart lol.....I get confused when tying my shoe sometimes lol. Trust me your smart. I applaud you for your achievements.

hahaha <3
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injury Report - 10/26/19 08:10 PM
This helps us somewhat. Just hope they stay healthy. A pair of TOs would help our cause mightily.
© DawgTalkers.net