DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Other games - 10/25/19 02:39 AM
Dwayne Haskins is not looking good. Sometimes it looks like he has no clue what to do when th me ball is snapped.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other games - 10/25/19 03:00 AM
Wish he would have sat all season....
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other games - 10/25/19 03:19 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

I rarely think that is the best strategy for rookies but he looked very lost. A lot of it probably had to do with being thrown in mid game.

Washington is probably the last organization I would pick for a young QB to go to, they are awful at every level of the organization.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/25/19 09:12 AM
Haskins looks totally lost. He’s got zero chance to be good right now. He needs a LOT of time
Posted By: myka Re: Other games - 10/25/19 09:30 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: jaybird

I rarely think that is the best strategy for rookies but he looked very lost. A lot of it probably had to do with being thrown in mid game.

Washington is probably the last organization I would pick for a young QB to go to, they are awful at every level of the organization.

Agreed. As bad as we've been, aside from a couple of years, they've been just as bad or worse.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/27/19 04:50 PM
Fantasy help:

Minshew vs NY Jets

OR

Tannehill vs Tampa Bay
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/27/19 04:55 PM
I'd go minshew, but it's a tough call.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/27/19 04:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I'd go minshew, but it's a tough call.
thanks, its very even IMO
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:05 PM
Boom. There you go.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:06 PM
Well, Wembley seems to be 95% pro Rams.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:10 PM
Boom. There you go.
brownie
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:22 PM
Bengals hold Rams at the 5 ... 3-0 Rams
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:34 PM
Bills and eagles is a slugfest
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:36 PM
Bengals 3 Rams 3 tongue
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Bills and eagles is a slugfest

Bills 2nd and goal
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:37 PM
Minshew magic
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:39 PM
7-3 Bills
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:41 PM
Flacco is trash
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:48 PM
10-3 Rams thumbsup
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/27/19 05:53 PM
Minshew magic

Tannehill looking good also.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/27/19 06:28 PM
Minshew magic

Tannehill looking good also.
Yeah, it was good advice though
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Other games - 10/27/19 06:38 PM
Haskins looks totally lost. He’s got zero chance to be good right now. He needs a LOT of time

Haskins should have played another season at Ohio State...he's too raw
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Other games - 10/27/19 06:39 PM
Bills D looks pretty tough...
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Other games - 10/27/19 07:14 PM
Cooper Kupp is having himself a day.7 receptions for 220 yards 1 td and there is still the 4th left to be played
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other games - 10/27/19 07:23 PM
Looks like Bengals are headed for 0-8
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Other games - 10/27/19 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: SunDawg

Today?
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Other games - 10/27/19 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: SunDawg

Getting smoked now
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Other games - 10/27/19 07:44 PM
Bills back to earth
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Other games - 10/27/19 07:45 PM
Trying to figure out the Chargers, is like figuring the Tax code out
Posted By: FATE Re: Other games - 10/27/19 07:58 PM
Tough loss for the Bears... The kicking woes continue.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other games - 10/27/19 11:58 PM
I feel JJ Watt should just request a trade to the Browns.

Clearly he has the bad juju on the Texans.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/27/19 11:59 PM
I’m not sure how much I can muster to watch KC vs GB now
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other games - 10/28/19 12:00 AM

Time to watch an old western, at least there the good guys win.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 12:32 AM
j/c:

San Fran is for real. I actually thought they would not be very good this year. They also have had a ton of injuries. Yet, they keep winning. I loved Shanny when he was here and took a lot of grief for it. I also was the main dude on here who wanted Jimmy G. Consider the following.

--Jimmy G's career record is 14 and 2.

--He is 12 and 2 w/San Fran.

--Without Jimmy G, the 49ers are 4 and 20 during the same time period.

I would say that is extremely dramatic in the difference. 12 and 2 vs 4 and 20. Don't forget that Jimmy G was 2 and 0 w/New England.

There are gun slingers and there are winners. Sometimes it makes sense to throw the ball in the dirt and hurt your numbers or take a check down instead of playing hero ball. Live to play another down.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 12:37 AM
Packers just ran the shuttle pass play for a TD just to laugh at us. Go Pack. thumbsup
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 12:43 AM
I agree on Shanahan.

Jimmy G will be the reason they are one and done in the playoffs.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:03 AM
Vitale plowing people over In Green Bay. Remember when he was doing that for us. But Freddy doesn’t feel we need to use a FB
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:04 AM
I think we def make a few trades now
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:05 AM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Vitale plowing people over In Green Bay. Remember when he was doing that for us. But Freddy doesn’t feel we need to use a FB

And did you see Daniel Fells catching Touchdowns in Houston today? We miss him big time.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:08 AM
Yep Freddie’s ego has cost us production
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:15 AM
Can I just say, thank God the team choreographed celebration is dying.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:28 AM
j/c:

I thought it was dumb to play Brees today considering that their bye week is next week. However, Brees and Saints completely dominated the Cardinals, who had been on a bit of a roll.

Murray had a very good game and it confirms to me why I think trading Hunt would be stupid. Having two good backs is important.

The Saints are loaded w/former Buckeyes. I think that is pretty cool.

I really like SF and NO. Hoping one of them will represent the NFL in the Super Bowl.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:33 AM
Quote:
Hoping one of them will represent the NFL in the Super Bowl.

I'm hoping a team from each conference will represent the NFL in the Super Bowl. I'm thinking it could happen. wink
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:36 AM
LOL.............I meant NFC. I won't edit it because it's funny. brownie
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:40 AM
KC doesn’t miss much of a beat with a new QB ... thats coaching and culture. They have the same type of weapons and have Cam Freaking Erving on their OL
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:43 AM
KC doesn’t miss much of a beat with a new QB ... thats coaching and culture. They have the same type of weapons and have Cam Freaking Erving on their OL

So how do you build that?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:44 AM
it really helps when you have a qb who can either effectively buy time or a guy who either throws the ball quick or into the dirt. I have read the Postgame thread and not one single person mentioned that fact even though Romo brought it up multiple times. Don't take sacks. Don't force passes. Throw it away whenever possible if it ain't there.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:45 AM

I’d say step one is finding the right coach, which we clearly haven’t done. I think the right coach can still turn Baker into the QB we hope he will be.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:47 AM
How do you find the right coach?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:47 AM

I’d say step one is finding the right coach, which we clearly haven’t done. I think the right coach can still turn Baker into the QB we hope he will be.

Good God! This couldn't have went in the Post Game Thoughts thread?

I'm running out of places to post. Of course, some of you will like that. LOL
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:50 AM
While I’m not paid to do so, I would be in contact with proven HCs, GMs, ex QBs, etc ... I’d take information from a lot of different places that I trusted, couple it with my own opinion based on research and interviews.

To me, this team needed an experienced coach. Hiring an unproven/new guy wouldn’t mesh well with an inexperienced, more flamboyant team.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
it really helps when you have a qb who can either effectively buy time or a guy who either throws the ball quick or into the dirt. I have read the Postgame thread and not one single person mentioned that fact even though Romo brought it up multiple times. Don't take sacks. Don't force passes. Throw it away whenever possible if it ain't there.

Let me guess...Baker doesn't do this?

I thought Baker improved in a lot of areas today. He stood tall in the pocket, he climbed the pocket when he could, he rolled right only once when he was flushed from the pocket, made two or three nice throws including the TD pass, and generally managed the game fairly well. He was constantly playing behind the sticks due to penalties. He had a few nice throws nullified by penalties.

How come you aren't talking about any of that? You've made a habit of trashing the QB of the team you claim to root for as if you want him to fail.

Nobody wins if that happens.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:53 AM
While I’m not paid to do so, I would be in contact with proven HCs, GMs, ex QBs, etc ... I’d take information from a lot of different places that I trusted, couple it with my own opinion based on research and interviews.

To me, this team needed an experienced coach. Hiring an unproven/new guy wouldn’t mesh well with an inexperienced, more flamboyant team.

You don't think Dorsey did any of that?
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:54 AM
in other games.....

This Packers Chiefs game is pretty good.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:55 AM

You don't think Dorsey did any of that?
here ...
Anthony Lima
@SportsBoyTony
·
2h
And yes, I wanted McDaniels, the Haslams wanted him too. But Dorsey controlled every aspect of search. So yes, they were hands off for once.

Anthony Lima
@SportsBoyTony
·
2h
Browns didn’t even interview McCarthy. He wanted the job. They dangled the carrot and his agent was incensed. His camp floated out an interview that never came. Is that due diligence?

Anthony Lima
@SportsBoyTony
·
2h
Go look at the coaching interviews the Browns conducted. They were essentially Rooney Rule applicants and coordinator interviews masked as HC interviews. They never really did an actual search.

Basically, Dorsey didn’t seriously consider anybody else
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:55 AM
I'm running out of places to post. Of course, some of you will like that. LOL

If you stop posting who am I going to make fun of?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:58 AM
Rish, I am not sure how sharp you are........but I stopped responding to you after that crap you pulled last week despite the PM I sent to you. I'm not interested in your double standards.

Moving on to the topic of the thread which is Other Games.

Indy is the team I am hoping will win the AFC if the Browns don't make a miraculous comeback. I like their coach and their story. They are pretty solid. However, their performance at home against a bad Denver team today was a bit concerning. Yes, they gutted it out and that is important.....but, they didn't look very good.

I think Nelson is the best offensive lineman in football. I think Mack is a very underrated back. I called that Brissett was better than people thought before the season. I think Reich is the coach I would want leading my team if it wasn't Belichick, Payton, or Shanny.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:59 AM
You're taking Lima's word for it?

That's hardly proof.

Look it's very difficult to defend Freddie right now. It's a lonely place to be. I'm mad as hell about his performance.

But you guys just throw out so much baseless stuff. Do you know that Aaron Rodgers hated playing for McCarthy and was still trashing him earlier this season? If the Browns weren't winning with him people would be incensed with not hiring Kitchens after he turned around Baker last year.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:00 AM
Dude, really! Can't you take this crap to another thread like the Post Game thoughts thread? Jesus!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:02 AM
I'm sharp enough. You constantly post stupid stuff and it's my fault for pointing it out. Then you take your ball and go home like you always do. I'm sharp enough to see that.

Why don't you quit posting stupid stuff and just answer the post?
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:04 AM
Rish, I am not sure how sharp you are........but I stopped responding to you after that crap you pulled last week despite the PM I sent to you. I'm not interested in your double standards.

Moving on to the topic of the thread which is Other Games.

Indy is the team I am hoping will win the AFC if the Browns don't make a miraculous comeback. I like their coach and their story. They are pretty solid. However, their performance at home against a bad Denver team today was a bit concerning. Yes, they gutted it out and that is important.....but, they didn't look very good.

I think Nelson is the best offensive lineman in football. I think Mack is a very underrated back. I called that Brissett was better than people thought before the season. I think Reich is the coach I would want leading my team if it wasn't Belichick, Payton, or Shanny.

I like Reich also, and Brissett is underrated. He makes very sound decisions with the football.

I was also happy for old man Viantieri atoning for those 2 missed extra points with the clutch 50+ yard FG to win it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:08 AM
Another game I want to comment on is the Bears/Chargers game.

The Chargers have had more injuries than any team in the league. That was a big win for them. Nagy was hailed as some sort of genius by some on here, but the dude is a freaking moron. I don't know if I have ever seen a guy make worse in-game decisions than this guy has. He is horrible!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:40 AM
Aaron Rodgers is overrated.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:41 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Nope.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:41 AM

Nagy was hailed as some sort of genius by some on here, but the dude is a freaking moron. I don't know if I have ever seen a guy make worse in-game decisions than this guy has. He is horrible!

Freddie Kitchens isn't making himself look too great either.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:42 AM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Nope.

Yep.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:46 AM

Nope.

Yep.

No. Un-uh, sorry.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:50 AM
She has no clue.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:01 AM
Reid is showing how coaching makes a difference. Takes a qb that was retired and coaching hs and tailors it around what he can do and he looks better than baker has this year at any time. Good coaches know how to help their team.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:08 AM

Nope.

Yep.

No. Un-uh, sorry.

Nope, one of the greats.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:11 AM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

Yeah ..... and he was cut last year in the final roster cuts leading into the season ..... when Freddie wasn't in charge. rolleyes
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Nope.

Yep.

No. Un-uh, sorry.

Nope, one of the greats.

He won one (1) Superbowl.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:19 AM

Nope.

Yep.

No. Un-uh, sorry.

Nope, one of the greats.

He won one (1) Superbowl.

Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts never won any, to name just a few of the greats who didn't.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:28 AM

I guess I disagree overall because I've never seen him do anything "Great"
As far as "Legacy QB" goes.

Mahommes seems to be a much better QB than him.

I feel like Rodgers just inherited the mantle and hasnt ever done anything to be a historic QB. He is good, but not amazing or anything

Also, side note, Warren Moon? He wasnt anything lol.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:34 AM
His story is not completely written yet, and maybe I watch him more than you do. I won't try to convince you otherwise, (did you see the throw to Jamal in the corner of the end zone?) but he is great by all accepted measuring sticks, including an eventual trip to Canton one day. We'll have to disagree on Moon too.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:44 AM
I can agree to disagree. smile I'd be happy if GB would beat up on the Pats in the Superbowl.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 09:13 AM
Watching some of these other QBs be serviceable to good (Minshew, Jimmy G, Matt Moore, Teddy B, Kyle Allen, Brissett, etc) makes me think that coaching has a lot to do with our struggles.

There’s no doubt Baker has struggled, but I wonder what he’d look like with Shanahan or Reid or a more experienced coach.

Anyways, just watching the highlights ... and the 49ers DL is LEGIT
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other games - 10/28/19 12:22 PM
Huh....

Emmanual Ogbah had another sack yesterday.

#notenoughtalent
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:08 PM
I think Dorsey, Freddie, and Baker believed their own press a little too much this off season.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:12 PM
I think Dorsey, Freddie, and Baker believed their own press a little too much this off season.

I'd agree. I think the press for Dorsey is different than that of Freddie/Baker, but yeah, they bought into the hype of themselves.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:15 PM
Dorsey made a trade giving up a pro bowl guard for a pro bowl receiver assuming the guard he drafted could step in. He actually didnt know if Corbett could play when he made that trade and has since traded him. Let that sink in for a second. Instead of building a team, he was playing Madden.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:16 PM
Yep, seems like humble pie is being served in bulk amounts this year
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:17 PM
Dorsey made a trade giving up a pro bowl guard for a pro bowl receiver assuming the guard he drafted could step in. He actually didnt know if Corbett could play when he made that trade and has since traded him. Let that sink in for a second. Instead of building a team, he was playing Madden.

Technically it was a guard for a defensive end, but the rest of the post regarding Corbett is the same.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:18 PM
Thanks for the correction.

I agree the main point is he had no idea if Corbett could play.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other games - 10/28/19 01:20 PM
Thanks for the correction.

I agree the main point is he had no idea if Corbett could play.

Considering it was for Vernon instead of Beckham, makes the trade even worse.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:12 PM

Yeah, I've mentioned this before. All three share some blame for this mess, and all three seem like they let last year's final 8-game run go to their head.

I really hate to lay a lot of blame at Dorsey's feet because he's definitely the best GM we've had in a long time (and I hope he stays for a long time), but last year it appeared he could do no wrong. This year, it seems like he can do no right ... and some of that "no wrong" he did last year isn't looking so great anymore. I don't know how much of it is his "ego", maybe thinking all his moves would be golden based on last year, or how much of it is Kitchens torpedoing his efforts, but his track record took a big step back this year.

Last year looked like the best draft class in Browns' history, but now almost everyone outside of Chubb took a huge step backwards. The draft picks he had this year have been a mixed bag. All the trades he made in the off-season seem like mistakes. And he's the one responsible for handing the keys over to Freddy based on a half-season OC resume, giving him both HC and OC hats, and letting him blow up a coaching staff that had more wins in 8 games than the previous three and a half years.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:29 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Last year looked like the best draft class in Browns' history, but now almost everyone outside of Chubb took a huge step backwards. The draft picks he had this year have been a mixed bag. All the trades he made in the off-season seem like mistakes. And he's the one responsible for handing the keys over to Freddy based on a half-season OC resume, giving him both HC and OC hats, and letting him blow up a coaching staff that had more wins in 8 games than the previous three and a half years.

Without the extra picks as a result of 2017 moves, this is what the 2018 Draft would have been:

Rd 1- Baker Mayfield
Rd 2- Austin Corbett (I'm now astounded Corbett had a higher grade than Chubb at this point)
Rd 3- Traded for Tyrod Taylor rofl
Rd 4- Traded w/ another pick for Damarious Randall
Rd 5- Genard Avery
Rd 6- Damion Ratley
Rd 7- Two separate trade ups w/ other picks (plus Jason McCourty rolleyes and Kevin Hogan) got us Simeon Thomas, I believe.

Mayfield and the trade activity for Randall seem to be the only ones that paid dividends so far. I'm still holding out hope for Avery.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:33 PM
I forgot we gave up a 3rd for Tyrod
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:34 PM

Most people tried to forget.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

rofl
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:38 PM

I think we really should start a thread on this somewhere, because I really believe that we got hyped by name recognition and bright lights, instead of actual FOOTBALL talent and sound decisions.

I think "King John" needs to be discussed a little more, because I said this before and got nailed for it at the time. I don't think hes the "savior" we made him out to be, and I don't think hes done as good a job as others seem too with this team.

Too many trades, too many free agents, not enough home grown talent. THATS why we are struggling, we have a ton of players that don't really want to be here and are not committed to winning and this TEAM as they guys you draft would be. JMO.

There is a reason they say you need to build through the draft, we have relied too much on trades and FA.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:47 PM
In terms of the trades ... Part of me keeps thinking that if we kept Ogbah, Zeitler, and Peppers ... then drafted an OT/WR we’d be better off. We have zero team chemistry right now.

In terms of the drafts ... Corbett and Chad Thomas are complete busts, and that hurts too
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other games - 10/28/19 02:55 PM
In terms of the trades ... Part of me keeps thinking that if we kept Ogbah, Zeitler, and Peppers ... then drafted an OT/WR we’d be better off. We have zero team chemistry right now.

In terms of the drafts ... Corbett and Chad Thomas are complete busts, and that hurts too
Don't forget Calloway who is flirting on that side as well.

out of 18 draft, Baker, Denzal, and Chubb are basically the only picks contributing. Baker is playing awful right now, Denzel can stay on the field, Chubb is the beast.

19 draft - The best pick we had so far is Siebert. Cant comment too much else on others because they haven't played much yet.

Trades - Lets be honest here. OBJ has been a HUGE letdown. Tyrod was a HUGE letdown, Jarvis has been decent, but has disappeared at times. Vernon has been a let down, but he did play pretty good yesterday. Am I missing anyone else?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:00 PM

I watched the World Series.. the way the Nats bats went from red hot to ice cold somewhere over Oklahoma flying back from Texas is just unreal.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:20 PM
Quote:
Trades - Lets be honest here. OBJ has been a HUGE letdown. Tyrod was a HUGE letdown, Jarvis has been decent, but has disappeared at times. Vernon has been a let down, but he did play pretty good yesterday. Am I missing anyone else?

Adding:
I think the Randall trade worked out for us.
I don't think the Jason McCourty one did.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:21 PM
Watch...he'll jettison Higgins in favor of Calloway.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other games - 10/28/19 03:26 PM

I'm driving over to Berea if that happens. It was nice knowing some of you.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 04:07 PM

I think it's simpler than that. I think Freddie is in over his head, he is constantly trying to show how clever he is and it is always blowing up in his face. The most basic approach to offensive football would have success. Our Defense would be successful, but this constant dicking around trying to show how clever he is is fracking Freddie. He needs to pull his head out of his ass, climb down off his self-styled pedestal, and get to f-ing work calling basic football plays that actually work. Plays the team understands so there's no confusion when they line up. It's not rocket science. It's basic football, and we're not playing it. Shame on Freddie for that. He's acting like a fool.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 04:21 PM
That would be fitting
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 04:26 PM

No doubt in my mind.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 06:25 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 06:27 PM
Convenient after Flacco threw him under the bus
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other games - 10/28/19 06:34 PM
Convenient after Flacco threw him under the bus

Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other games - 10/28/19 06:36 PM
Quote:

Adding:
I think the Randall trade worked out for us.
I don't think the Jason McCourty one did.

Ill give the Randall Trade, that was one a ripoff seeing we gave them Kizer and we got Randall. +1 for remembering that one.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other games - 10/28/19 06:37 PM

No doubt in my mind.
Dorsey has full control over the roster, not Freddie. If Higgins is traded, that's on John.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other games - 10/28/19 07:40 PM
So is Brandon Allen bout to get a W on Sunday?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other games - 10/28/19 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

I don't even want to think about that.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 07:49 PM

Yes, the Browns are losers.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other games - 10/28/19 07:51 PM

As much as the Browns (and we by association) are losers, I can't imagine losing to the Broncos. They were horrible with Joe Flacco and theoretically Allen is worse.

Saying that, we will have 17 penalties and four turnovers. So any team will have a chance under those circumstances.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 08:20 PM
The broncos offense is one of the worst I’ve seen .. now add a QB who has literally never played meaningful snaps ... if our defense gives up more than 10 points there should be an investigation.

Now, whether our offense GIVES them some points is another issue
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other games - 10/28/19 09:37 PM
Inside the players-only meeting that might have saved Eagles' season
play
12:00 PM ET
Tim McManus

ORCHARD PARK, NY -- The Philadelphia Eagles' players committee -- a group of about a dozen leaders that includes Malcolm Jenkins, Carson Wentz and Brandon Graham -- approached coach Doug Pederson on Wednesday and told them of their intention to hold a players-only meeting.

Never in Jenkins' six seasons with the Eagles had such a meeting been called. But there was a message that needed to be delivered, and an urgency to keep the current situation from getting out of hand.

Dropped in the middle of blowout losses to the Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys were quotes from anonymous players criticizing the decision-making of Wentz and the front office. Pederson hinted that the outside noise had made its way in and that the team was affected by the distractions in the lead-up to the Cowboys game in Week 7. With the season teetering in front of Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills, the Eagles (4-4) broke precedent in an attempt to recalibrate.

"We had a lot of internal conversations, a lot of tough conversations," Jenkins said.

If Sunday's 31-13 thumping of the Bills (5-2) is any indication, those conversations had the desired effect.

The words that most resonated with tackle Lane Johnson were delivered by Jenkins, who on Friday had his leadership chops questioned by former teammate Orlando Scandrick.

"One of those quotes from Malcolm [stood out]: 'We concern ourselves with the guys who are in here,'" Johnson said.

Added guard Brandon Brooks after Sunday's win: "Yeah, we didn't really give a f--- about all the outside noise, to be honest. We're not one of those teams. It seems like at this point, man, it's like some s--- once a week, x, y and z. But like Jenk said, 'We all we got, we all we need.' The only thing that matters is inside this locker room."

Jenkins credited guys such as Zach Ertz, Graham and Jalen Mills for boosting the team's energy -- a change that was noticeable even in pregame warmups. He witnessed an increase in veteran ownership, with starters jumping onto the scout team during practice to give the first-team better looks.

Meanwhile, he nodded to Wentz for providing a "calming voice" to the group amid the turmoil.

"Just try and keep everyone together," Wentz said of his approach this week. "It's easy when losses come to want to point fingers and guys just trying to make sure everyone's on the same page going forward with everything going on. Guys did a really good job responding."

Jenkins hammered home the importance of every player fulfilling their role: for the best players to be the best players, and for everyone to detail their work at the level that the job demanded. It was part of a greater overall message -- delivered at the players' meeting and throughout the week -- of tuning out the noise, avoiding the blame game and concentrating on self-improvement for the greater good of the team. It hit home, helping to get the Eagles' season back on track.

"The more and more we allow each other to be our own selves and own our role on the team, then the better we are collectively," Jenkins said.

ESPN

I really think this is where the Browns are... I've asked before, who is our leadership? It's time they step up. The media is crucifying Freddie, the players are all talking about not being disciplined or accountable... it's time to work out some crap and considering the state of the Broncos right now... this would be a good time to come out with a new attitude and get a nice W and try to save this season.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other games - 10/28/19 11:20 PM
I hope MIAMI gets their first win tonight thumbsup
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 11:26 PM
Browns won't have a players only meeting because there are no leaders to call one.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/28/19 11:27 PM
Browns won't have a players only meeting because there are no leaders to call one.
good point
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other games - 10/28/19 11:29 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

As much as the Browns (and we by association) are losers, I can't imagine losing to the Broncos. They were horrible with Joe Flacco and theoretically Allen is worse.

Saying that, we will have 17 penalties and four turnovers. So any team will have a chance under those circumstances.

Inexperienced guys are the most dangerous. They are going to come in with no pressure, no expectations, and they are going to just wing it. Think Baker Mayfield last year, Gardner Minshew this year.

They're playing with house money and the Browns have been known to make these types of players a Sunday hero.

Plus, the Browns are a losers. They are a losing organization that employs losers. They are this until they no longer aren't.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/29/19 12:12 AM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

No doubt in my mind.
Dorsey has full control over the roster, not Freddie. If Higgins is traded, that's on John.

Who said otherwise?
Posted By: ThomasE Re: Other games - 10/29/19 01:01 AM
dolphins up 14-0, early 2nd quarter...surprising
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/29/19 01:08 AM
Dolphins would beat us if they play like this first quarter
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other games - 10/29/19 01:20 AM
There goes the Dolphins shutting them out.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other games - 10/29/19 01:32 AM
Dolphins are in tank mode.

They will have fun for a while.

Then tank mode goes into effect.

I have seen this happen before.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other games - 10/29/19 01:34 AM
Why was that not offensive pi?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other games - 10/29/19 02:04 AM
Dolphins are in tank mode.

They will have fun for a while.

Then tank mode goes into effect.

I have seen this happen before.

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other games - 10/29/19 02:13 AM
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other games - 10/29/19 02:24 AM
Knew the Dolphins were gonna blow it. It was inevitable.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other games - 10/29/19 04:18 AM
So we’re now 3rd in the division.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Other games - 10/29/19 05:18 AM

Defense started to play Cover Tua.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/29/19 09:20 AM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Defense started to play Cover Tua.
haha smile
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 10/29/19 09:20 AM
Not surprised about Whisenhunt ... their offense has really had some issues
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 10/29/19 12:54 PM
So we’re now 3rd in the division.

So you're saying there's a chance.
© DawgTalkers.net