DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: mgh888 Empty Backfield - 10/27/19 10:51 PM
More today.

Anyone smart enough to find out how many times we ran a play with an empty backfield and how many successful plays out of that formation? I gotta think the percentage is zero or in the single digits. Just plain dumb.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Empty Backfield - 10/27/19 11:15 PM
How dare you question the genius of Freddie Kitchens! All of the problems rest with Baker and players fumbling. Freddie is perfect.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Empty Backfield - 10/27/19 11:18 PM
An OBJ sighting.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Empty Backfield - 10/28/19 12:13 AM
I like the I-formation.
Posted By: FrankPitts Re: Empty Backfield - 10/28/19 12:17 AM
I prefer the full house.
Posted By: Knight Re: Empty Backfield - 10/28/19 12:33 AM
You know Chubb was busting thier chops when Baker was under center with I-form. We couldn't keep doing what works though, gotta trick them with a double reverse misdirection fleaflicker hailmary in the pouring rain. That'll get em!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Empty Backfield - 10/28/19 12:47 AM
What happened to the offense from last year?

And while it's hard for me to defend Freddie right now, don't underestimate Dorsey's hand in all this. He hired Freddie, none of his trades are looking all that good, and he set up the arranged marriage of Freddie and Monken. Giving Baker too much too soon is as much on Dorsey as Freddie.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Empty Backfield - 10/28/19 01:04 AM
Freddie threw out Haley's offense.

Monken was a Freddie hire. Monken's responsibility is to translate Freddie's offense to the players. This has been stated multiple times by multiple people.

The defensive line causes disruptions. Our main problem rests on the ineffectiveness of our offensive scheme.

He's gotten away from all the things that worked against Baltimore.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Empty Backfield - 10/28/19 03:30 PM
Or The Draw! This time for sure we will fool them. Not inspirational offense by any metric.

I expected better after last year. It is not happening, and we don't seem to be solving much. It is getting worse and it shows on the offense's faces. One fresh "Miracle Back" will not fix what FK has been building in my opinion. This will be a continuing problem. We need a win.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Empty Backfield - 10/28/19 08:39 PM
When it gets worse that's how you know it's time for a change in the coaching staff.
© DawgTalkers.net