DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: jaybird Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 02:44 AM
So how many touches do you think he gets his first game back?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 02:45 AM
I anticipate him getting more than Chubb, especially if he is struggling. Freddie will think it's smart.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 02:53 AM
Not sure if it is more than Chubb.... but I think h gets 15 to 20 to touches...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 03:01 AM
I think maybe 8-10 total touches .... and if 2 or 3 are big plays, we'll do well.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 03:04 AM
There is absolutely no way in hell he gets more than Chubb or equal to. Freddie is clueless, but he's not that dumb.

It will be 7 to 10 at the most.

Hunt has not played in a year or so and there is no way he is up to football speed.

Freddie will slowly work him back in if he has any sort of brains.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 04:10 AM
I see hunt more in the 3rd down role this game..he's the best option in the pass game of all the RB's
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 08:17 AM
I would not be surprised to see us open with both Chubb and Hunt in the backfield.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 09:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
There is absolutely no way in hell he gets more than Chubb or equal to. Freddie is clueless, but he's not that dumb.

It will be 7 to 10 at the most.

Hunt has not played in a year or so and there is no way he is up to football speed.

Freddie will slowly work him back in if he has any sort of brains.

This doesn't matter. It depends on the game flow.

I'm sure we will screw it up somehow though.

Watch hunt have like 14 carries for 22 yards and no catches while Chubb has 8 carries for 34 yards and 5 catches for 8 yards.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I anticipate him getting more than Chubb, especially if he is struggling. Freddie will think it's smart.

^This. Overused while underperforming because he hasn't been with the team for half a season. Has the makings for good comedy.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 01:33 PM
I would welcome that, especially if FK thinks they can block well. Hope Tretter is all amped up. Ground pounding success might take some pressure off BM. Won't cure his issues, but can't hurt.

This game should be interesting IMO.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 03:34 PM
I'd run both of their butts off!!!
Wouldn't throw the ball until their d line is totally gassed then I'd run some more. 2 backs over 100 yards. Pound it!!

Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 03:44 PM
Sounds good to me!! Byner and Mack revisited thumbsup We started to pound the ball in 1985 when Bernie was just starting and we really didn't have any good WR's. We should have beaten Miami in that playoff game but we couldn't pass to pick up a 1st down. Now we have very good RB's AND WR's. If we could just put it all together our O would be unstoppable especially when DN comes back. The sky would be the limit with a top notch OC!!!
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 04:25 PM
Two back set all day long! That's football...Cleveland style!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 05:39 PM
I’ll say between 5 and 7
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 05:44 PM
He won't play.

Freddie will say they were never able to get to his play package in the game... rofl
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 05:54 PM
DN=
You mean David Njoku, TE. took me a while.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 06:58 PM
Will he also be on the sidelines when they are going for it on 4th and 1? tongue
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Kareem hunt - 11/09/19 07:06 PM
Yes. Should have made it clearer. I really believe when healthy we have as much if not more firepower on O than anyone else in the league. It's a shame we haven't yet lived up to the potential. There's still a half season.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 01:24 AM

I am wondering how he will be used?

What formations? Will they use him in a two back backfield?

Will it more as a receiver? Screens?

There is no way you cut back on Chubb. I just wonder if they will be used to block for each other?

Or, rotate out of the backfield?

I want this offense to get untracked. We have great weapons.

It all comes down to Freddie and Baker. Baker needs to play better. And Freddie needs to coach better.

There are no excuses for this offense to not be productive.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 01:26 AM
I really hope it’s not a rotation ... and more of them both on the field. But, as we’ve all said, I have little faith in our ability to maximize talent here
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 02:49 AM
Tomorrow’s gonna be a rough one for our O ... there D’s legite .... I’m in Rochester, NY 60miles from Buffalo .... they’ve not played a good schedule but that D is legite ...

Could be a long day for us on O ....
Posted By: bonefish Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 03:05 AM
Hard to understand how we can not get guys open?

It comes down to route designs. Landry, Odell or Higgins, and Callaway. There are unlimited ways to draw up routes.

We have the talent. Time to maximize it.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 05:27 AM
I have zero confidence the 2019 Cleveland Browns offense can effectively incorporate Kareem Hunt into a functional running game.

Let the ball fly, it was 4 down territory weeks ago. If we go down, let’s go down with a bang.

Air the ball out, I can live with that.
Posted By: myka Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 08:10 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish
Hard to understand how we can not get guys open?

It comes down to route designs. Landry, Odell or Higgins, and Callaway. There are unlimited ways to draw up routes.

We have the talent. Time to maximize it.

We have had lots of guys open, Baker has missed them. Even on a couple of "simple plays" like screens, we set them up well and Baker overthrew it.

That might be because of the route calls being overcomplicated or something, not sure, just can definitely see WRs are getting open.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:00 AM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Tomorrow’s gonna be a rough one for our O ... there D’s legite .... I’m in Rochester, NY 60miles from Buffalo .... they’ve not played a good schedule but that D is legite ...

Could be a long day for us on O ....
yeah I agree ... I’m looking for a low scoring type game (granted that means our d has to show up too)
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 01:03 PM
The guy is gonna be ready to show his new team what he's got. Give him the touches. Make the Bill's chase him all over and then try to stop Chubb. A two back set would open up all kinds of passing opportunities.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 02:26 PM
Exactly. Now the D has to worry about 2 top RB's. Run the ball to open up the passing game. The only thing is we have to hit the open receivers and they can't drop the ball. smirk
Posted By: eotab Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 02:33 PM
not expecting many...Chubb is pretty darn good and he is one of the most fit players on our team.

He will get Hilliard's reps not Chubb.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
I have zero confidence the 2019 Cleveland Browns offense can effectively incorporate Kareem Hunt into a functional running game.

Let the ball fly, it was 4 down territory weeks ago. If we go down, let’s go down with a bang.

Air the ball out, I can live with that.

I don't think that is going to work against Buffalo's defense, throwing too often may be disasterous.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 04:06 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
not expecting many...Chubb is pretty darn good and he is one of the most fit players on our team.

I believe he will get SOME of Hilliards reps. They don't know about his blocking and picking up blitzes on third down, so we may see him a little less than we think?
Posted By: BADdog Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 04:22 PM
Will Chubb and Hunt ever be in there together one as a blocking fullback? Is this a dumb idea or a great idea to punch it in in the redzone?
Posted By: Riley01 Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 04:45 PM
Of course they will cause he ha BAKER to pound it up the middle lol
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:04 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Originally Posted By: eotab

I believe he will get SOME of Hilliards reps. They don't know about his blocking and picking up blitzes on third down, so we may see him a little less than we think?

I think he passed the test. thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:05 PM
He and chubb in the backfield ... then having one motion out is dynamite
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:05 PM
Hunt with Chubb = Headaches for DC's
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:09 PM
j/c -

Liked how we used him almost like Duke much of the time.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:19 PM
Hunt had 11 Touches 9 Targets 7 Catches 44 Yards 4 Carries 30 Yards 7.5 YPC

Chubb 22 Touches 20 Carries 116 5.8 YPC 4 Targets 5 Yards
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: AZBrown
j/c -

Liked how we used him almost like Duke much of the time.

I am we have Hunt I liked Duke but he isn't Hunt ...
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:50 PM
I loved reading that. Had we blocked and scored in red zone, the numbers would be higher. Still, Bills have a stout D and ran it smarter than us and played it more aggressively for the most part IMO. Like they tackled. Often. And well. They really brought pressure, like enough for a safety.

We won. Digest it. Wallow in it. Nothing warm and fuzzy good in this win IMO. But this one counts.

PS Liked what I saw of Hunt. Let's bring some Mack & Byner stuff to the Stealers.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 10:57 PM
This one signing that needs to get done
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/10/19 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

You think the Browns are going to try to extend Chubb, AND resign Hunt?
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 12:34 AM
I’d rather sign hunt and trade away obj and his contract to make room
Posted By: highoman Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 12:51 AM
Sign hunt for 2-4 years. When chubs contract comes time, trade hunt. Can’t pay em both. But can pay for hunt while chub on rookie contract.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 12:59 AM
Those who say keep Chubb over hunt keep forgetting Hunt was the most productive back in the nfl for two years until suspended. Hunt is a better all around back than chubb. I love chubb but let’s not minimize how good hunt is. They both seem like the kinda guys that would take team friendly contracts to keep winning
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 02:30 AM
He did on run blocking. I need to re watch the game to see if he did any pass blocking it blitz pickups.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 02:38 AM
He ran hungry and showed signs of the player he's been in the past. Good start.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 04:09 AM
Let the ball fly, Kareem will be incorporated symbiotically.

Air the ball out
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 03:05 PM
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 03:39 PM
I wonder what he gave Freddie.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I wonder what he gave Freddie.
pink slip
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 03:49 PM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 06:32 PM
Hunt was blocking for Nick like a mad man.

Hell, he might be the best blocker we have including our OL...
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 06:40 PM
200 yards rushing
200 yards passing and this was the best defense we play
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 07:15 PM
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
200 yards rushing
200 yards passing and this was the best defense we play

One constant it seems this season is even with the head scratching playcalling, the Browns don't seem to have trouble moving the ball. They just need to be so much smarter.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 08:33 PM
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 08:52 PM
Please, please Freddie...on Thursday run mostly two back sets with Chubb and Hunt and run those guys until they can't run anymore. They're getting a 10 day break.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 09:52 PM
Chubb or Hunt will be inactive...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 10:02 PM
I think the catch by Hunt on 3rd and 7 on the final drive was the play of the game
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 11:10 PM
No one can argue there has to be monumental upside ti FK plat calling in the RZ at least. All those point blank shots at the Promised Land and we came up dry. Run these tw until their feet bleed against Spittsborg. Pound them. Throw one of our tackles in the backfield. Say in the RZ. Don't get stupid in tight.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Kareem hunt - 11/11/19 11:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Please, please Freddie...on Thursday run mostly two back sets with Chubb and Hunt and run those guys until they can't run anymore. They're getting a 10 day break.

We will line up in empty sets inside their own 10 again and wonder why Baker got sacked for a safety.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Kareem hunt - 11/12/19 02:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think the catch by Hunt on 3rd and 7 on the final drive was the play of the game

Great read and throw by Baker as well.

I'm not sure anyone throws better out routes than Baker.
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Kareem hunt - 11/13/19 02:49 AM
Please, as much as I like Hunt or the combo of Chubb/Hunt, the over-riding problem is that Freddie dont know how to use them. Hell, he barely knows when to use Chubb, let alone both of them.
Together, they should be a lethal combo. From first down to second downs with both of them in the backfield, one-on-one with a LB, Chubb and Hunt win that matchup all game.

BUT Freddy is like a kid who got a sports car and wrecks it as soon as he leaves the lot!
Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown Re: Kareem hunt - 11/13/19 12:55 PM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

You think the Browns are going to try to extend Chubb, AND resign Hunt?

We gotta

I think Hunt wants to be here, and he doesn't have to be the lead focal RB.

I think Hunt would be perfectly fine with a few runs here and there, and being featured in the passing game. We can easily get Hunt 7-9 carries a game, and 6-9 passes a game and he will be happy with that.

Chubb can then get the lion share of the carries because he is a bruser and a bit better between the tackles than Hunt, but Hunt is much better on the outside runs and asa receiver. The compliment each other perfectly.

I hated the Hunt signing at the time, but his interview after the game kinda won me over. I think the kid actually has changed from the guy who kicked that girl, he deserve another shot and he wants to be here at home in Cleveland. I think Dorsey keeps him.
© DawgTalkers.net