DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Predictions - 11/12/19 12:14 AM
This is a big game (they all are for us from here on out) ... but it is for them too

Their defense is very good, so it’s another test for our O

I think a low scoring game is in affair
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 12:37 AM
Their defense and running game will be the difference 28-17 pittsburgh
Posted By: Swish Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 12:39 AM
Screw it

38-20 browns
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 01:05 AM
Huge game as we need to slow Pitt down and try to get closer to Baltimore. Being 2-0 in the division w/4 more to play also helps!

I'm hoping the hangover from winning on Sunday carries over and Freddie learns to make better play calls and shows that he knows how to use his twin tailbacks, OBJ and maybe even help Baker out by giving him Callaway AND Higgins.

Defense also needs to play lights out.

Yep, I'm a homer but let's do this!

Browns 20
Steelers 17
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 01:11 AM
Freddie blows it...

24 - 20 bad guys.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 01:50 AM
24-13 Steelers win (I hope!)
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:16 AM
Browns get trounced. 75-0
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:16 AM
^ hoping my bet against them works again this week. If it does, I bet they lose all their games from here on out.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:16 AM
If Wilks decides to blitz at all, we win.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:17 AM
It all comes down to Freddie. Out coach the other side and we win. No one is worried about a Mason Rudolph led offense. I'd play cover 0 all game. Matter of fact if I were Freddie I'd tell Wilks that's what he's doing. Then I'd look myself in the mirror and have a nice heart to heart about the O.

If the Browns get this they're staring at 5-6 and it's possible wild card wise at that point.

Come on Freddie show us why you were the guy.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:23 AM
On the very first offensive play of the game, I'd pull a sunshine on TJ Watt too.
Posted By: ThomasE Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:53 AM
I predict another great game against a division rival, browns win 28-17
Posted By: bonefish Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 03:12 AM

Very tough game. I have seen the Steelers play a couple games this year and they are impressive.

They are well coached and play very hard.

Good defensive team led by Watt who is exceptional.

Rudolph can sling it. He can be accurate. Throws a good deep ball. I have been impressed by his composure.

Tough, hard game that will probably go down to the wire.

Then we have turn around and play them again in two weeks.

I have no expectations. Just hoping we can prevail. Knowing it will not be easy.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 03:16 AM
Vegas has the Browns favored at -2.5.

Big game back in the spotlight. A loss effectively ends the season.

I think the Browns talent on offense is enough to win out in the end.

Browns: 17
Steelers: 13
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 03:23 AM
Browns win 2 in a row. That's called a winning streak, guys!
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 05:36 AM
If Freddie would continue to use Chubb and Hunt together...

Steelers 17
Browns 31

If we go back to the "Freddie Zone"...

Steelers 27
Browns 9
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 12:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Out coach the other side and we win.

This. And this is what worries me.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 12:41 PM
I don't like the whole 'must win' thing in the NFL (16 game season).

But this game is a statement game. We got the first 1/2 season monkey off our back and got a tiny bit of momentum. We actually come into this game focused (for once), and limit the dumb decisions, we could be in good shape.

Those are big ifs, though.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 01:49 PM
Quote:
Rudolph can sling it. He can be accurate. Throws a good deep ball. I have been impressed by his composure.
I completely disagree on Rudolph. The talk all year has been how he cant throw the ball downfield. I believe the week before he had something like 20 passes to his RB/TE.

The majority of his passes over 20 yards, were 5-7 yard slants that were broke open by Ju-Ju or that new kid they drafted, his name if escaping me.

I would load the box with a single safety and force him to throw the ball. Their offensive line is impressive and they seem to be able to run the ball with anyone in the backfield.

Mason does not scare me one bit. He is mediocre at best, but I would even say below that.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:01 PM
I’ve watched every snap Rudolph has had because I have Juju on my fantasy team .. and he is STRICTLY a game manager at best. They don’t trust him in the least. Most of his passes (I’ll guess 90%) are with 5 yards of the LOS. He uses Samuels, bubble screens, Conner, Macdonald, etc. They know their best chance to score is to avoid turnovers, use the running/short passing game, and have their defense cause turnovers/produce short fields
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’ve watched every snap Rudolph has had because I have Juju on my fantasy team .. and he is STRICTLY a game manager at best. They don’t trust him in the least. Most of his passes (I’ll guess 90%) are with 5 yards of the LOS. He uses Samuels, bubble screens, Conner, Macdonald, etc. They know their best chance to score is to avoid turnovers, use the running/short passing game, and have their defense cause turnovers/produce short fields
Agreed. I live in the Pitts market and watch all their games.

Joe Haden, Minkah, and Edmunds make one heck of a secondary right now.

Hayward, Watt, and Devin Bush provide a big task for our offensive line.

I see us being rushed all day long. They have the secondary to blitz like crazy if they want too.

Their offense, is still well.....a step above garbage right now.

Conner has been hurt the last two games, but it looks like he will play Thursday as of right now. He ate us up last year if I remember. They also have two backups that have been getting the job done in his absence.

Mason, nah.....hes nothing to write home about. Stack the line and blitz Rudolph, they will have trouble on offense. All we should need to do is not turn the ball over.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:22 PM
I agree for the most part but they've been putting a little more on his plate each week. He had several 15+ yard passes this past week. They wouldn't even let him attempt those three weeks ago.

I still wouldn't be overly concerned but I wouldn't be overconfident about it either. Wilks needs to be aggressive and cause confusion. No Brandon Allen treatment. Trust your corners to win one on one matchups. Make Rudoplph beat you. If he does, tip your hat. But if Wilks comes out in soft zone coverage, Rudolph has seen enough of that and has made some good decisions the last few weeks. He could get some confidence and that could carry him in the game. Need to crush his confidence early.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 02:24 PM
The blitz is a big concern. Remember last year when they legit had free rushers at Baker most of the game? They’ll try to expose our OL. Having Hunt and Chubb in there all game is a must
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 03:09 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Those are big ifs, though.

No doubt "Big If's". On the overall "IF" scale top 3 imo.

My personal top 3 "IF's" which certainly change depending on topic.....

1. "If if's and buts were candy and nuts, etc, etc".
2. "If the Browns, etc, etc.....".
3. "If grandma had male parts she'd be grandpa".

BTW.......not always in that order.

However, WE GOT THIS ONE!

The Browns "DERACINATE" the hapless Steelers, 34-23

Baker........22 of 30, 288yds, 2tds
Chubb........23 carries, 114yds, 1td.
Hunt.........6 carries, 5 rec, 1td.
Odell........7 rec, 96yds, 1td.
Jarvis.......6 rec, 86yds, 1td.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/deracinate
Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 03:23 PM
The Browns win this game if they run the ball, its that simple.

I think the Steelers run D is over rated, they have not relaly been challenged there.

We pound Chubb and Hunt right down their thorats, that takes TJ Watt out of the game completely who sucks against the run anyways, and we pick our spots to throw.

run the ball and play good D and we win this game...we come out pass happy with 38-40 pass attempts, we lose plain and simple.
Posted By: slick Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 04:16 PM
Steelers 27

Browns 16
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 04:58 PM
I'd like to see a draw play.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 05:04 PM
I'd like to see a QB sneak on the 1 (or less) yardline.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 06:16 PM

Watch his college tape about deep ball accuracy.

Check his scouting report.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 06:20 PM

Mason Rudolph scouting report:

Rudolph was a big-play threat in college due to aggressively quarterback pushing the ball downfield. He throws a good deep ball and routinely was able to burn defenses with his arm and talented wide receivers. While Rudolph does not have a rocket for an arm, his arm strength is adequate for the NFL. He also has a pro frame with height and weight to hold up in the pocket. Rudolph has pocket presence and stands tall in the pocket, while showing good ball security. Generally, Rudolph makes smart decisions and is not reckless with the football.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Mason Rudolph scouting report:

Rudolph was a big-play threat in college due to aggressively quarterback pushing the ball downfield. He throws a good deep ball and routinely was able to burn defenses with his arm and talented wide receivers. While Rudolph does not have a rocket for an arm, his arm strength is adequate for the NFL. He also has a pro frame with height and weight to hold up in the pocket. Rudolph has pocket presence and stands tall in the pocket, while showing good ball security. Generally, Rudolph makes smart decisions and is not reckless with the football.
Not to be snarky, but I don't care what his scouting report says. THey don't let him throw downfield. And when they have, he has missed receivers by more than a few yards.

Ill start with Week 3, since that's the first game he started.

Week 3:

Mason had 5 throws over 15 yards - connected on 1 for TD

Week 4:

3 Throws over 15 yards connected on 2 (1TD)

Week 5:

6 throws over 15 yards, completed 2

Week 6:

DNP

Week 7:

Bye

Week 8:

4 throws over 15 yards 0 completions 1 INT

Week 9:

12 Throws over 15 yards 4 completions 1 TD

Week 10:

4 Throws over 15 yards 1 completion 1 INT

On the year by my count he is 10/34 on deep balls. Not that great if you ask me.

Edit to add: 35% of his deep balls came against Baltimore alone.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 07:20 PM
[s][/s]

Here you go.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 07:28 PM
A bit different than the one we ran against the Rams on 4th and 9
Posted By: The Beast Re: Predictions - 11/12/19 08:02 PM
The Browns are going to get throttled unless Freddie actually figures out how to call plays given the offensive strength the Browns have (running the ball) vs. his desire to throw against the Steelers defensive strength (defending the pass). Running straight at Watt and Dupree early and beating them down will pay dividends later in the game. Take advantage of their aggressive pass rush (read: throw a damn screen pass). I would challenge Haden deep on occasion. Chubb and Hunt should be on the field together A LOT. Of course, I have ZERO faith in Freddie and expect the Steelers to come in and dominate. Two beat downs at the hands of the Steelers should seal his fate at season's end. I would fully support him being removed. His level of being stubborn combined with his gigantic ego are two flaws that will be his downfall. Might be a great guy. Awful choice as a head coach.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Predictions - 11/13/19 03:31 PM
j/c:

My prediction? I just don't know. It could go wrong real quick if we get pass-happy again.

Hopefully we will run the ball a lot, see how it goes.

fingerscrossed

-GO BROWNS!!!
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Predictions - 11/13/19 05:06 PM
The Steelers have won one road game Cincinnati
2 The Patriots toasted this team buy you got it throwing to backs.
3Pittsburgh has gotten better with Fitzpatrick on the field.
4Browns roll here teams that travel on short weeks get beat
Posted By: Baker_Dawg Re: Predictions - 11/13/19 09:13 PM
My predictions:

1. Steelers play smart on Offense. Run the ball, and quick hitter passes. No turnovers. Our D-line gets dominated.

2. Baker throws a bad pick for a TD. But, we score from outside the red zone 3 TDs on long passes to Landry, Higgins, and a run/pass by Hunt.

3. We score once in the red zone through Chubb on the game winning drive.

28-24 Browns!! You gotta believe!
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Predictions - 11/13/19 09:21 PM
Chubb busts a 70+ yarder for a TD

Please don't ask me if I think that's the only TD we'll score... eek
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Predictions - 11/13/19 09:49 PM

Just not on 4th and 9.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predictions - 11/13/19 10:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Just not on 4th and 9.
with the game on the line against the defending nfc champs smile
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Predictions - 11/14/19 03:01 PM
Prediction: Playing in a open air stadium by a big lake at night means it's going to be cold. Hunt and Chubb will be the difference. Browns 24, Steelers 20.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Predictions - 11/14/19 07:07 PM
I don't even want to think about this game. Every time that is has been said that we are in a position to beat them, we get embarrassed by them.

I like to hope that it will be different, but the script has been written. Watt is going to wreck our offense. Minkah will get his because of it.

I think Conner will be the story. I like our run game, but I get a feeling due to a turnover early, we are reduced to trying to catch up the rest of the game. That's when it falls apart.

Man I hope I am completely wrong here, but my gut tells me to expect it. I think we will have a couple good drives, but if we get the lead, I promise they will let Conner bust a long one for a score. This sounds bleak, but in reality, this has been the story for decades now.

I will say this though, if they pull out a win, they will be heroes. If the put a beat down on them, then and only then will I have any belief that things might change.

Beating the Steelers is a standard setter IMO. If you want to be at the top, you got to knock the king of the hill off. A win here is as about as huge as it gets.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Predictions - 11/14/19 07:12 PM
I kinda expect a replay of the New England game.... and every other nationally televised game this year.

I expect a flurry of mistakes & misfires early on putting us in a hole that we cannot dig ourselves out of.

Epstein didn't kill himself, but the Browns will.
Posted By: Southwestdawg Re: Predictions - 11/14/19 07:24 PM
jc

I predict I will eat too many chicken wings, get drunk before the half and Freddy blows it.

Steelers 28 Browns 3

My wife told me I can't yell at the TV, it scares the dog.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Predictions - 11/14/19 07:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Southwestdawg
jc

My wife told me I can't yell at the TV, it scares the dog.

That, and the fact that my wife doesn't like me pacing, hollering, etc, is why I stand in the garage and watch on the tv out there.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Predictions - 11/14/19 09:38 PM
We commit who knows how many turnovers and penalties and lose by about 13.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Predictions - 11/14/19 09:40 PM
I see a new sig in my future...
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Predictions - 11/14/19 10:52 PM
Does anybody really think the officiating crew is going to let us win tonight? This game is already decided.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Predictions - 11/15/19 12:32 AM
Browns 24 Steelers 14.
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Predictions - 11/15/19 12:47 AM
If FREDDIE decides we are coming out pass happy....WE GET DESTROYED!

If we give them a heavy dose of Chubb and Hunt with some serious play action we win a tight game...flip a coin.
© DawgTalkers.net