DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 11/20/19 03:45 PM
Ravens at Rams
Steelers at Bengals
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/20/19 03:46 PM
I'm most interested in the Steelers-Bengals game. I think we beat up the Steelers enough that the Bengals have a real chance.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other Games - 11/20/19 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I'm most interested in the Steelers-Bengals game. I think we beat up the Steelers enough that the Bengals have a real chance.

Steelers beat up, Bengals at home. Steeler easily looking past Cincy wanting to get back on the field with us for revenge. I see Cincy winning this game outright.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other Games - 11/20/19 04:22 PM
Colts at Texans

Texans favored at 3.5.

Mack not playing for Colts, they are 1-5 when hes not in the lineup.

Texans coming off a BEAT down by Baltimore, at home - are going to put on a show.

I like the Texans to win big.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/20/19 07:10 PM
Whichever team loses needs to keep losing tongue
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Other Games - 11/20/19 07:47 PM

Even though the Steelers are banged up...

Man Cincy is really bad...Auden Tate is out, AJ Green is out...Erickson is banged up, John Ross has some of the worst hands you'll see...Tyler Boyd is good, but man he was held to 1 catch for 0 yards with Finley at helm.

Finley is just checking down, They will box up Joe Mixon and slide coverage to to Boyd...Their TEs haven't managed much of anything this year...Expect alot of heavy fronts.

And man the Bengals D has not been anywhere near they were when Zimmer had them playing beastly...

Idk even though the Steelers are banged up, I expect them to pull the W.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other Games - 11/20/19 07:49 PM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs

Man Cincy is really bad...Auden Tate is out, AJ Green is out...Erickson is banged up, John Ross has some of the worst hands you'll see...Tyler Boyd is good, but man he was held to 1 catch for 0 yards with Finley at helm.

Finley is just checking down, They will box up Joe Mixon and slide coverage to to Boyd...Their TEs haven't managed much of anything this year...Expect alot of heavy fronts.

And man the Bengals D has not been anywhere near they were when Zimmer had them playing beastly...

Whos offense did you describe? Cincy or Pitt? Ill take an offense with Joe Mixon over anything the Steelers are putting out there.

Mixon has been bad, but hes still more talented than anyone the Steelers are going to put on O
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Other Games - 11/20/19 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Whos offense did you describe? Cincy or Pitt? Ill take an offense with Joe Mixon over anything the Steelers are putting out there.

Mixon has been bad, but hes still more talented than anyone the Steelers are going to put on O

lol I got you, both offenses are down with multiple injuries and inferior QB play...However I will take Pitts D anyday over Cincy's...And I'm not certain if Conner is back this weekend? But Pitts Oline is a lot better than the Bengals as well...But it could be a toss up, but I think Pitts D will make it too hard for Cincy to amount to much.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/20/19 07:56 PM
Well, one thing that may work to our advantage - Cincy saw the Browns "beat up" and "bully" the Steelers, has to be a talking point in that locker room... Win or lose, let's hope the Steelers come out of this with a few new bruises.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/21/19 11:25 AM
Colts at Texans

Texans favored at 3.5.

Mack not playing for Colts, they are 1-5 when hes not in the lineup.

Texans coming off a BEAT down by Baltimore, at home - are going to put on a show.

I like the Texans to win big.

Is this the Thursday night game?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/21/19 12:44 PM
Yeah Colts at Texans
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/21/19 01:45 PM
Well, we were kind of the equalizer for this game, at least a bit IMO. Dialtone could still come in and might cause some trouble. I can't root for either team, so I just cheer for whoever is on defense to bust the other guy up. PS still has more on the field and will win tight.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/21/19 11:07 PM

lol I got you, both offenses are down with multiple injuries and inferior QB play...However I will take Pitts D anyday over Cincy's...And I'm not certain if Conner is back this weekend? But Pitts Oline is a lot better than the Bengals as well...But it could be a toss up, but I think Pitts D will make it too hard for Cincy to amount to much.

Bengals aren't winning a game this year, they are one of the worst football teams we've seen. They have no pride, and Zac Taylor is lost on the sideline. Steelers are missing a lot but they will win this with coaching alone.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 12:51 AM
I promise you whether it be in Cleveland or Cincy, we will be their first win...Guaranteed.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 04:09 AM
I hope Cinci manages a win or Joe Burrow will be coming home to Ohio. It could be a long 10-15 years dealing with him in the AFCN.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 04:26 AM
Who’s gonna be better: burrow or mayfield
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 10:26 AM
Texans/Colts game was close, but kind of meh ... Texans have firepower though when they get rhythm
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 01:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

I have a feeling that Baker is about to go on a tear. He has that competitive edge back. The narrative by the end of the year will have switched from sophomore slump to back on track. Some will discount it because of the competition but we will see massive growth by the end of the season in the art of playing QB. Myles suspension is only going to make him stronger because he knows he needs to do more. He's going to work his arse off all season and come back better than ever next year.

He's been beat down, humbled, and become an afterthought. These things either break you or make you. He had that eye of the tiger in the tunnel before the Steeler game. This is going to make him.

What was the question again...LOL...I like Burrow and think he will be an awesome pro.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 01:48 PM

Hard to say. I’d just prefer to not have to do battle with him the the AFCN. Let his talent play out elsewhere. Somewhere that doesn’t require us to play him twice a year for a decade or more.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 01:53 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Hard to say. I’d just prefer to not have to do battle with him the the AFCN. Let his talent play out elsewhere. Somewhere that doesn’t require us to play him twice a year for a decade or more.

Any QB, however hyped they are, shouldn't be annointed at least until they have a couple NFL games under their belt.

That said, you guys are forgetting the one mitigating factor... Bengals. They're neck and neck with us as far as wasting legit talent.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

I have a feeling that Baker is about to go on a tear. He has that competitive edge back. The narrative by the end of the year will have switched from sophomore slump to back on track. Some will discount it because of the competition but we will see massive growth by the end of the season in the art of playing QB. Myles suspension is only going to make him stronger because he knows he needs to do more. He's going to work his arse off all season and come back better than ever next year.

He's been beat down, humbled, and become an afterthought. These things either break you or make you. He had that eye of the tiger in the tunnel before the Steeler game. This is going to make him.

What was the question again...LOL...I like Burrow and think he will be an awesome pro.

We know Baker is good enough to beat bad teams, but that's not what you expect from him...

We also know he plays well when the team is playing good, but again that's not what we expect from him...

Competitive edge when you are winning is called gloating...
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 02:42 PM
Our schedule says that if baker DOESNT go on a tear, we have massive problems.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Any QB, however hyped they are, shouldn't be annointed at least until they have a couple NFL games under their belt.

That said, you guys are forgetting the one mitigating factor... Bengals. They're neck and neck with us as far as wasting legit talent.

Atleast they’ve won division titles and have playoff appearances in the last 20 years.

We haven’t made the playoffs since bush jr decided to invade Iraq.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 03:00 PM

I'll probably still be more worried about Lamar Jackson. A mobile QB who throws to his TEs. Is there anything that has been the Brown's defense's kryptonite more than those two things?

He was my favorite QB throughout the process that draft, but I had no faith in Hue using him correctly. I really didn't want him to end up in the AFCN.

I like Burrow, but he takes too many bone crunching hits. Plus Cinci is a mess, so I'm not too worried about him if he ends up there.

If we shore up the OL, I expect Baker to do well. He's got plenty of surrounding weapons.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 03:16 PM
Oh I agree. I was just asking based on individual prospect and such.

I’d be way more worried about burrow if he somehow ended up in the Steelers.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 03:59 PM
Burrow on the Steelers would be a nightmare scenario. They know how to develop players and he's talented. Already running a pro style offense. I think he will easily be the best of him, Tua, and Hebert. I don't think much of Herbert the little I've seen.

I think Baker will be the best QB of the the last two drafts and the upcoming one. I think Burrow will be next. That's how highly I think of Burrow. If he ends up on the Bengals, so be it. Let's have some epic fights over the years.

As for the comment on if Baker doesn't tear it up, we have issues, I don't agree. Every experience Baker is getting this year is going to pay huge dividends. You can already see the growth on the field. He's made huge strides in season. The most noticeable is sticking and moving up in the pocket. Next is reducing the turnovers. There is nothing else you can ask for when a guy is playing bad other than improvement. And it's tangible and noticeable. That means he has the aptitude to know it's an issue and fix it, then the ability to execute it. Aptitude and ability. The rest is up to how bad Baker wants it. He can be great if the desire is there.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 11/22/19 04:50 PM
Just tagging onto your post...

He's improved on the things that you can improve on in-season. There are other things that he should improve on in the off-season. I'm expecting him to do that.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 11/23/19 02:47 AM
Got to see Kate Upton a few times last night... never knew how tall she was!!!

Hopkins is a beast by the way!!!
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 11/23/19 03:32 AM
Why? Are you a midget?
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/23/19 04:02 AM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Why? Are you a midget?

Shes 5’10. That’s tall for an American woman.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/23/19 05:42 AM
Why? Are you a midget?

Shes 5’10. That’s tall for an American woman.

Yo. You sayin' American women are short? tongue
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 08:07 PM
Rudolph benched for sucking.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 08:33 PM
His NFL legacy will be that he grabbed somebody's nuts hard enough to get clocked with his own helmet.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 09:03 PM
We’ll see Hodges next week
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 09:15 PM
Wentz is vastly overrated. I think Atlanta is done. I think they blow it up this offseason
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 09:36 PM
Carolina missed a point blank FG that could have given them the lead and then NO and Brees beat them ...
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 09:58 PM
Hats off to Frank Gore... ever so quietly passing Barry Sanders for third on the all-time rushing list today.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:00 PM
Pats up 7-0 ... they just stifle teams
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:02 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
Hats off to Frank Gore... ever so quietly passing Barry Sanders for third on the all-time rushing list today.

Great RB...so underrated as well.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:02 PM
Congrats to gore ... heck of a back
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:02 PM
They didn't stifle us. We did that to ourselves frown
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
They didn't stifle us. We did that to ourselves frown
IMO the allure of their franchise (especially in NE) makes teams do things that are uncharacteristic
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:13 PM
True but what we did to ourselves against them we do against just about everyone we play. You know, turnovers and dumb plays.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:22 PM
This Pats game would be so much better if the rain was snow.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:31 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

How convenient.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg

How convenient.

Like I said last week, it's a bigger penalty to force the Steelers to play him.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 11:35 PM
we needed the jags to beat the titans.

doesnt look like thats happening. Titans made the swap to Tannehil from Mariota a while back, and looks to be the best decision they made in quite some time.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg

How convenient.

Like I said last week, it's a bigger penalty to force the Steelers to play him.

I watched the Dteelers on and off during our game, and I can tell you, Rudolph can't handle pressure. He was throwing balls in the turf, over throwing people, and was picked off in the redzone. I think his confidence is shot. Hodges came in and threw a TD on his first drive. He is pretty accurate, but not that good. They have a better chance with him over Rudolph IMO.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 11:40 PM
Richardson after the game said he wants Rudolph playing. When pressed, he said something to the effect of "you saw the last game" implying he sucks.

Going to be interesting next week. Baker will have to carry the team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 11:44 PM
Yeah, Tanny has been a wonder for Titans
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Other Games - 11/24/19 11:44 PM
Richardson after the game said he wants Rudolph playing. When pressed, he said something to the effect of "you saw the last game" implying he sucks.

Going to be interesting next week. Baker will have to carry the team.

I saw Mixon rip off some nice runs on them. If the offense clicks next week, I think we pummel them. Their offense is not a threat without JUju and Conner.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 01:27 AM
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 01:31 AM
Welcome to society in 2019. We are getting weak.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

This is spectacularly awesome if you're not a fan of the Redskins.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 01:58 AM
SF has an incredible front 7
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 03:09 AM
Makes our loss to them look a bit more understandable?

I'm reaching for straws here.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 03:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
SF has an incredible front 7

And Aaron Rodgers holds on to the ball a looooong time.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 03:33 AM
Kyle Shanahan embarrassing Mike Pettine tonight for forcing him to make that power point presentation.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 04:07 AM
The Slackers look worse than we did.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 10:07 AM
At the time I thought it as well, but SF is by far the best team we’ve played this year. Obviously the Pats have the best record or whatever, but SF is the best team IMO
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 03:41 PM

It's only taken him 15 seasons to beat what Barry did in ten.

wink
Posted By: GwarriorScumDawg Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 03:58 PM
Makes our loss to them look a bit more understandable?

I'm reaching for straws here.

I wonder if Colin Cowherd will rip the Packers like he did the Browns when our guys got smacked in SFran on Monday night? He was saying Brown's should trade OBJ...made it seem like getting blown out (it happens in the NFL) was the apocalypse.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

It's only taken him 15 seasons to beat what Barry did in ten.

wink

No doubt, Barry and Brown set the benchmark in that regard. There is definitely something to be said for Gore's longevity and consistency though. 12 seasons with at least 850 yards? Still performing at a high level at age 36? In the world of RBs he is the NFL's one true Iron Man.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 04:11 PM
Oh he's definitely had longevity. And it's virtually unheard of in today's NFL at the RB position. Also to hid credit, he played on some very poor teams.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 05:01 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Oh he's definitely had longevity. And it's virtually unheard of in today's NFL at the RB position. Also to hid credit, he played on some very poor teams.

and in an increasingly pass happy era.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 05:08 PM
That’s what I said yesterday too ... think about some poor offenses he’s played for ... heck, this year might be one of the best
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 05:17 PM
San Fran looks really good right now. They look like we were suppose to look this season. Their D looks really good and their O is getting better each week. They'll be a tough out in the playoffs.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 08:04 PM
I think we will be as good as San Fran next year as long as we continue to show improvement.

We just have to be a little more patient.

It was never going to happen in 1 year even though many of us thought it would.

Hopefully we win out and build on that in 2020.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 08:13 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 08:22 PM

The mess that is the Bengals extends far beyond the QB position.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/25/19 10:20 PM
The Bengals went back to Andy Dalton at QB. In the short term this is bad because Dalton is better than that other guy and we play the Bengals two more times. In the long term this is good because it shows us that the Bengals have no clue what they are doing.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 01:36 AM
Not a good start for the Rams Monday night...two three and outs... Ravens running wild.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 01:40 AM
I hope when we play the Ravens again it means something.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 01:44 AM
Two TD passes by Lamar in the pocket.

Not bad for a running back.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 01:45 AM
Someone needs to lay him out. Sorry, not sorry. He’s the enemy. Can’t ever root for him.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 01:50 AM
I just can’t help but believe Lamar is going to get laid out for as much as he runs. Their center was carted off the field.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 01:57 AM

I don't know what the Rams are doing?

Outside of one counter the fullback is leading the run. Be it Ingram or Lamar.

Then in the pass plays in the red zone; zone coverage.

The Ravens are a run first team. You have to stack the box against them and play man coverage on the back end.

On RPO's take Lamar. Make him hand it off.

The Rams are playing right into the Ravens game plan?

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 01:57 AM
Humphrey holds every play but since the Ravens know the NFL will let them get away with it he pretty much does it with impunity.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:05 AM
Rams are trash . Goff came back to earth and Mcvays gimmick offense is exposed
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:06 AM
Seems like most teams play into the ravens hands.

Maybe it’s because stacking the box doesn’t work. Why?

People outside of coaches have a hard time acknowledging that you have to respect lamars passing ability now

Also, you can stack the box, but if the o line and running backs are better than your defense...stacking the box doesn’t mean much.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:11 AM
Jackson took a shot there
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:13 AM
Someone needs to smoke him.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:14 AM
Someone needs to smoke him.

Someone will it's just a matter of when and where ....
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:24 AM
Man, Booger and Tess are tough to listen to.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:31 AM
Tess screams like a maniac after any big or semi-big play and Boog always makes a statement and the complete opposite happens.

I am starting to enjoy how bad Booger can be.

"This is the down that you want to put the Ravens in. 2nd and long. It takes the threat of the run away even though they may still run it."
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:31 AM
Man I hate the ravens. The earth could open under them and swallow them into the abyss and I’d not care.
This game is unwatchable.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:33 AM
I'm usually not that critical of announcers but these guys have no flow or chemistry.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:35 AM
Baltimore will curb stomp us.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:40 AM
Booger : “Watch Earl Thomas. He’s comin. Here he comes”

*Earl Thomas drops back into coverage*
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Booger : “Watch Earl Thomas. He’s comin. Here he comes”

*Earl Thomas drops back into coverage*

LOL...I saw that too.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:41 AM

The Browns better be doing their homework because if they can't figure a way. They are not going to be winning any division titles for a long time.

Major props to the Ravens for their commitment to Lamar and the way they have developed Lamar and their offense.

And kudos to Lamar for his effort to improve his game.

He has made strides that I for sure didn't think he would make.

I lived in Atlanta when they drafted Vick. They are similar players. Except Vick never put in the time to become better. And Atlanta never built an offense like the Ravens have to feature a run game and work off it with the pass.

The Steelers have to rebuild behind a new quarterback. Ben will not play much longer. The Bengals are a long way from anything.

So it leaves us and the Ravens. We better find a way to beat them.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 02:56 AM
What has happened to the Rams? Yikes
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:06 AM
Yea. Everyone was calling the Rams Head coach a genius last year and wished we had him here. If he was here this year most would calling for his head already.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:06 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

The Browns better be doing their homework because if they can't figure a way. They are not going to be winning any division titles for a long time.

Major props to the Ravens for their commitment to Lamar and the way they have developed Lamar and their offense.

And kudos to Lamar for his effort to improve his game.

He has made strides that I for sure didn't think he would make.

I lived in Atlanta when they drafted Vick. They are similar players. Except Vick never put in the time to become better. And Atlanta never built an offense like the Ravens have to feature a run game and work off it with the pass.

The Steelers have to rebuild behind a new quarterback. Ben will not play much longer. The Bengals are a long way from anything.

So it leaves us and the Ravens. We better find a way to beat them.

We have the talent. It’s all about coaching.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:11 AM
What do you guys think of Weddle refusing to help his team game plan against the Ravens? I'd have a hard time with that as a member of the Rams.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:16 AM
I think it was dumb on his part, if that’s indeed how it went down in the locker room.

I’m sure he said something in those meetings. The issue though is that this isn’t the same offense from last year when he was on the team. New OC, some new players, different scheme.

He probabaly wouldn’t be able to help much anyway. But if weddle was telling the truth, as I said, dumb on his part.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:20 AM
Man, this is such a year to year league.

Last year Mahomes was the toast of the town, and to a lesser degree Baker.

This year it's Lamar and the 9ers D - who play next week, btw.

Wentz was going to take Philly to the Super Bowl and looks like hot trash.

Makes Brady and the Pats really special.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:20 AM

The best single game, game planner of all time has to be Belichick.

If they play again in the playoffs that will be an extremely interesting strategy game.

We did beat them. There is that. But they are playing with great confidence right now.

If we were to go into the Raven game with 8 wins wow that would something. What a statement game. Division bragging rites.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:23 AM
Yeah i mean I assumed it was common practice in the NFL and pretty much accepted to do so
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:24 AM
Lets hope. My concern is that we were the team that gave the ravens a wake up call. Remember, they lost to the chiefs close, then got stomped by us. And they haven’t lost since. And I’m sure they’re gonna go into that week 16 game with revenge on their mind.

If we can go in with a long streak, that increases our chances.

So yea, our talent clicked that day and we stomped them. Lets hope we can do that again.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:35 AM
If I’m wilks, I put greedy and ward on andrews and Boyle, and double cover brown.

Make Lamar throw to his WRs instead of TEs, who are the reason the WRs are open to begin with.

I dunno if we can stop the run, but we gotta stop something.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:40 AM
j/c...

Peters with the INT. Rams really getting their noses rubbed in it.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:41 AM
They're too small to cover Boyle and Andrews.

In order for the defense to take the next step to elite Ward and Greedy need to play on islands against WRs. No help.

Against the Ravens you make Lamar pass outside. He loves the over the middle passes. I would plant Randall in center field the entire game.

On a side note, how many times are these guys going to mention Woods' family issue? Geesh.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:42 AM
Man, Ravens are acting like clowns.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:46 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:49 AM
To be fair Booger owned it at the beginning of the game.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:50 AM
To be fair Booger owned it at the beginning of the game.

Lol, of course he did. He probably had producers in his ear shouting at him to acknowledge it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:51 AM
Looks like The Wire beats Melrose Place tonight.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:54 AM
So your solution is to use our best CBs on WRs that are barely targeted?

Yea, i see you want us to lose against them. I agree that ward and greedy need to step up and play man against WRs, but not that game.

I agree with making him pass outside....to his WRs. But he’s only gonna do that if we can cover their TEs.

We still can’t cover TEs with our LBs and safeties, so we need our talent guys to cover them and let the safeties and LBs worry about Snead and brown. Let Lamar dance inside the pocket and we’ll be in good shape. Look at the rams, The two sacks they got against Lamar came from the TEs being covered, and Lamar forced to loom outside, allowing coverage sacks.

This isn’t a traditional offense, so a traditional defense isn’t gonna cut it. The WRs makes plays off of the threat of the TEs, not the other way around.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:57 AM
We already beat these punks. We will beat them again!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 04:13 AM

Yeah, Wilks knows how to beat them.
And our O dropped 40 on them.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 04:55 AM
Someone needs to lay him out. Sorry, not sorry. He’s the enemy. Can’t ever root for him.

He needs bopped on his head with his own helmet.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 04:58 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Yeah, Wilks knows how to beat them.
And our O dropped 40 on them.

Lost in this game is Goff looking like Deshone Kizer.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 05:15 AM
Goff has regressed into rookie Goff.

He just signed that big contract with the Lambs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 10:16 AM
Yeah, Goff has looked horrendous ever since the Pats showed the blue print last year.

He never was good, but he could at least be masked ... until Bill B came along
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 03:05 PM
Short of LJ getting injured there is no chance of us catching and surpassing the Ravens. At the moment it is looking like a Baltimore v SF rematch in the Super Bowl.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 04:13 PM
Quote:
Seems like most teams play into the ravens hands.

Ravens are completely clicking on all cylinders right now. I'm not sure what you focus on to stop them. The only chance you have to beat them now is to get up early like we did in game #1 and hopefully make them a little more one dimensional... and that's hard to do because their defense is good and they don't beat themselves.

The upcoming game between the Ravens vs 49ers could easily be a super bowl preview.

#ISTILLHATETHERAVENS
Posted By: BpG Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 05:04 PM
Lamar is certainly one of a kind. He has 124 rushing attempts on the season, that is a running back number. If the Ravens win a SB with Lamar it was a home run because the likelihood this dude makes it to his second contract taking the shots he takes seems unlikely.

If they don't pay running backs 2nd contract money, will they pony up QB money for Lamar?

Will be very interesting.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 05:09 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 05:11 PM

Boo.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 05:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Boo.

If we lose to a #3, undrafted rookie from Samford playing behind a 2nd string center....then we seriously need to re-think what we believe this team and coaches are capable of.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 06:00 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
Lamar is certainly one of a kind. He has 124 rushing attempts on the season, that is a running back number. If the Ravens win a SB with Lamar it was a home run because the likelihood this dude makes it to his second contract taking the shots he takes seems unlikely.

If they don't pay running backs 2nd contract money, will they pony up QB money for Lamar?

Will be very interesting.

Lamar has looked really good throwing the ball. With that said, he looks best throwing it when the team (and himself) are also running the ball extremely well.

His three worst games this year were probably the Chiefs, Browns, Steelers.. the Chiefs and Browns got out ahead of them and made them one dimensional and the Steelers did a good job of shutting down their run, worst rushing performance of the year.

They have 5 games this year with more rushing yards than passing yards, which is pretty rare in the NFL these days...

Right now he's in an ideal situation... if things change, can he change with them? I don't know.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

If we lose to a #3, undrafted rookie from Samford playing behind a 2nd string center....then we seriously need to re-think what we believe this team and coaches are capable of.

Does Brandon Allen ring a bell for you?

We've already been there and done that.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 07:02 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

They have 5 games this year with more rushing yards than passing yards, which is pretty rare in the NFL these days...

Right now he's in an ideal situation... if things change, can he change with them? I don't know.

One thing that usually sticks out to me reading his stat lines is the yards/TDs he racks up on a very low quantity of throws. Offensive scheme is featuring the run and being selective on when he throws. When he is asked to throw, he executes.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 07:02 PM
not to pick nits, but Allen was drafted in 2016
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 07:07 PM

One thing that usually sticks out to me reading his stat lines is the yards/TDs he racks up on a very low quantity of throws. Offensive scheme is featuring the run and being selective on when he throws. When he is asked to throw, he executes.

Exactly.. Lamar very well may be the leader for MVP at the moment but without a doubt, Harbaugh is coach of the year. The position he and his staff have put the team in (and Lamar) for success is remarkable.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other Games - 11/26/19 07:21 PM

Exactly.. Lamar very well may be the leader for MVP at the moment but without a doubt, Harbaugh is coach of the year. The position he and his staff have put the team in (and Lamar) for success is remarkable.
Harbaugh maybe putting him in a position to succeed, but the kid is the one succeeding. Lets not forget that. He still has to execute, and he is doing so at the highest of levels. He deserves every bit of accolade and head nod he has received.

And I say that, after I was adamant he was going to fail this year.

I have eaten my crow, and I believe we are going to be in a dog fight for a long time with him.
© DawgTalkers.net