Also, Chubb and hunt works, Freddie.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:28 PM
A WIN 5-6 and still in the hunt
Baker 24/34 327 3 TD's 1 INT 118.1 Rating
Chubb 21 Carries 106 Yards 1 TD 3 Catches 58 Yards
Hunt 8 Carries 37 Yards 1 TD 2 Catches 9 Yards
Landry 10 Catches 148 Yards 2 TD's
OBJ 6 Catches 84 Yards 1 TD

Defense Good Job 4 Sacks 2 Picks (Schobert with both)
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:29 PM
Hunt needs more touches
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:30 PM
Our pass rush wasn’t as good as we would wish (understandably so). A better offence then Miami’s will give us issues if we don’t get Vernon back soon.

Chubb and Hunt are dynamic backs. Geez, one guy has to take a breather and in comes the other stud. Baker was really good today, on the money with almost all his throws.

How about Landry lighting up his old team? You could tell he wanted to stick it to them badly.

Three straight, now we gotta go and smash Pittsburgh again.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Our pass rush wasn’t as good as we would wish (understandably so). A better offence then Miami’s will give us issues if we don’t get Vernon back soon.

Chubb and Hunt are dynamic backs. Geez, one guy has to take a breather and in comes the other stud. Baker was really good today, on the money with almost all his throws.

How about Landry lighting up his old team? You could tell he wanted to stick it to them badly.

Three straight, now we gotta go and smash Pittsburgh again.

Pittsburgh and Cincinnati could put us at 7-6 heading for Arizona smile
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
Also, Chubb and hunt works, Freddie.

Should have had 5 or more TDs.

Got sloppy and nonchalant in wwnd half.

Would have loved to see a complete game from him today against the dregs of the league. Not a fan of the second half today. And that INT was not on OBJ this time. And if that pass was accurate OBJ might still be running.

Thought Baker got complacent. Not going to cut it the rest of the season.

I do like that all four stars scored.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:35 PM
Baker's INT was a drop by Odell. So not worried about his interceptions. Now to beat the Steelers in their place.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:35 PM
Here to eat my crow. D did better than expected.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:35 PM
Nice job today by the whole team. I thought Steve Wilks did a good job of masking all the holes on the defense due to injury or suspension.

The offense obviously carried the entire team all day. Baker was great. Jarvis Landry caught everything.

We're 5-6 and still kind of in it. Seems very similar to last year where we were in it, but kinda at the point of scoreboard watching.

The Denver and Seattle losses are haunting. If we could have pulled in just one of those, we'd be 6-5 and right smack dab in the middle. I do think obviously if we somehow win out, we will be in, but that's extremely tough even with the schedule we have, especially with 4 divisional games left.

Still, it's there for the taking though. I just hope that next season we can learn from this finally, and actually get this thing off to a good start, because I think the Browns are a pretty good team, but they just don't completely understand themselves yet. And that's aside from coaching. Yes, Freddie was not good early on, but there were also quite a few self inflicted wounds that are 100% on the players that make them, especially at the NFL level.

I can only imagine what this offense can loook like one day if this team is able to find a really good TE who can stay in the game to block and catch. Could be lethal wiht the rushing attack and receiver weapons we have. Should be a priority that we find that guy in April.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Baker's INT was a drop by Odell. So not worried about his interceptions. Now to beat the Steelers in their place.

He now has 14 TD's and 13 INT's after starting out with 5 TD's and 12 INT's so in the last 4 games he has 8 TD's and 1 Pick .. smile
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:39 PM
Jarvis was a BEAST!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:39 PM
I think if we beat the Steelers we win out.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Arizona could be our toughest game with Baltimore coming into our house ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Jarvis was a BEAST!

Worth every penny thumbsup
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

I think Arizona will be tough too but Bake doesn't lose to guys in the last two drafts.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:50 PM
He lost to one last year.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:51 PM
1 game at a time.

Hunt and Chubb really works and I hope we find more creative ways to use two elite talents at the same position.

Baker was back to his best self for the first half ... I do blame him for the INT because that ball was WAY behind where it should have been thrown. I also blame Freddie - there was no need to be throwing that pass there. . . I have NO Problem throwing in that situation - but make it a play action big bomb. 15-20 yards in the air to a guy single covered and let BM throw it high, low, back shoulder - whatever - where the CB has least opportunity to make a play. That INT and then the other double clutched short throw to (I think) Landry was just not worth the risk/reward.

Wilks did some nice game planning with what he was given for the front 7. Schobert another excellent game.

Man I hope we punch Pit in the face again at their house ... play disciplined by physically dominate them.

Last comment - I can't remember who said what about Landry and his contract and whether he's a slot guy or whatever .... He's our best WR and worth every damn dollar. Sets the tone, catches the damn ball, plays with passion.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:52 PM

Nice to have an easy low stress game.

Eveyone already said my thoughts.

We did not punt a single time!

That never happens.

Good job, men.
Posted By: FrankPitts Re: Post game - 11/24/19 09:56 PM
Great win all around. Rev it up right now for next week biggest game of the year.

Go Browns!!!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:02 PM
Fairly easy win, which is incredible to think about ... our defense seemed to let up once we were up so much

Jarvis was outstanding, as were Hunt/Chubb
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:02 PM
I know he lost to your hero last year. I was just having some fun. He's beat Darnold, Jackson, Allen, and Rudolph. I'd like to add Murray to that list.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
He lost to one last year.

wink
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:10 PM
Good win. Baker is improving as is the whole team albeit slowly. Let's get our injured/suspended players back and take it one week at a time.
Posted By: myka Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:13 PM
I know he lost to your hero last year. I was just having some fun. He's beat Darnold, Jackson, Allen, and Rudolph. I'd like to add Murray to that list.

To be fair, Jackson actually fumbled and gave us a Return TD that might've made us win, but even if it didn't they lose that possession and Jackson wouldn't be the reason they "won". Refs really beat Baker, Lamar hasn't yet.

Only reason I'm not mad about yet another time the Refs ripped us off is cuz it kept the Steelers out of the playoffs :-P
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:14 PM
I'm happy with the W, but this really should have been a 56-0 game.

We need to learn how to handle success and keep a team down while still running the clock.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:28 PM
Not going to be too critical about a win, even against a bad team. I enjoyed watching most of the game.

My biggest concern about this team is that they seem overly impressed with themselves when they play decent football. From Freddie on down. If that doesn’t change, there is no way way they run the table, and I don’t see any indication that they are going to humble themselves enough to become a strong team this year.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:30 PM
First off Baker was in command. He looked as comfortable as I have seen him all year. How much of that is the Dolphins? Hard to say. You still have to execute. You still have to be accurate. And you still have to make good decisions.

Baker made of a bunch of good throws. Starting to click with Odell. He already has been on with Jarvis.

Chubb and Hunt are a dream team. Dynamic duo. If we are going to accomplish anything will need to rely on them.

Freddie. The team was short handed on defense. Overall they seemed focused. They executed on offense. They worked the field with a good mix of plays and balance.

Myles. Obviously we missed him. We played a team that had trouble running the ball and we handled the run. Pass pressure overall not real good.

The Dolphins are a handicapped team. So we can not become giddy about beating them.

This sets up the dance with the Steelers.

We have a week to get ready for all the trash talking and hype.

Winning the first game was a good get. But if we can not beat them again; kind of meaningless. We will be done and they will not be done.

So, we are showing improvement. That is important.

Maybe all the Freddie/Baker smack will slow down some.

One last thing. I have been singing the praises of Schobert for quite some time. Another good game by Joe. Just a heads up player. Seems to be where he should be at all times. Makes open field tackles. Plays the pass. Calls the defense. Gets guys lined up. Key player on the defense.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:31 PM
I think they believe the off season hype to much and over estimate how good they are.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:31 PM
Good to see an easy win against a team we're supposed to beat and breaking "Fitzmagic's" win streak against us.

Nice to see the offense start to click together. I think Baker and the offense, in particular, started the season playing like they felt it would all fall into their laps and forgot the fact they needed to put in the work to get to where they want to go. Baker took some responsibility for this a few weeks back and they have begun to show improvement since.

Chubb is amazing.

Schobert is the quiet hero.

I think Freddie is getting a bad rap, but that's just me. There are situational plays I'd like to see handled differently, but he has to get his chance to grow and learn just like this young team does. Overall, the team is beginning to click, and he has a lot to do with that. He may have been responsible for some of the early losses, but so were the players, and the team in general, and they all seem to be growing together. I'm good with that. I'll be even better with it if we go into Pit next week and kick their asses.

Our D is really beginning to click. I wish we blitzed more on 3rd and long, but the pressure has been causing missed passes and our secondary is doing a good job in coverage.

The missed field goal sucked but I applaud Freddie going back to him next opportunity instead of going for it on fourth down as a show of faith.

Hunt is a nice addition, still waiting to see him break one.

I wish OBJ was a better pass catcher in tight coverage.

I wish Higgins was more involved in the offense.

I wish Baker was more aware of the open man on the field at times.

I thought our D-line held up well today given the gaping holes with Vernon, Garret & Ogu out.

I think the team needs to focus on playing a full sixty minutes, they get lax at times, it seems.

Again, good win, we're 5-6, let's kick pit's ass, GO BROWNS!

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:32 PM
Next week will be interesting. We really need Larry O and Vernon back in the fold
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:34 PM
Beating the Steelers is never meaningless tsktsk
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:47 PM
1 and 0
Posted By: Dave Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:50 PM
I'm hearing on the radio post game show that Sheldon Richardson spent a lot of time at DE today (I didn't notice watching the game). He had 2 sacks, a TFL, a PD (pass defensed), and 5 tackles. With Larry O coming back next week, and knowing how Devaroe Lawrence has flashed at times, its good to know we have a pro to help out at DE in Garrett's absence. Plus, we might see Olivier back next week. We need to get after whichever scrub Pittsburgh runs out there at QB next week.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:50 PM
My sentiments, exactly.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:50 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

That never happens.

Good job, men.

We punted once, I believe for 37 yards.

Offense played very well for almost the whole game.
Baker with a very good game.
Landry was incredible.
OBJ looked good.
Hunt with his 1st Browns TD.
Chubb is a beast. Reminds me somewhat of Lynch.

Defensively we were up and down.
Schobert with another 2 pick game. Also played the pass well.
Richardson came up big, getting 2 sacks.
Cox and some guy from the ps (Gustin) shared a sack.
Takitaki getting some reps on defense.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game - 11/24/19 10:52 PM

In the context of the season.

Considering how they have owned us a win is great.

But in order to accomplish anything it this game that counts.
Posted By: Baker_Dawg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:06 PM
Excellent to get nearly everyone a TD. I think that helps strengthen morale on a team that was under big stress this past week.

Hard to critique when you play a game that was basically out of reach at the half. But, one I'll give is to stretch the field in the passing game more. At times those quick, short hitter passes begin to look contrived and are so tightly covered it requires laser throws, absolute precision on routes, and great hands in traffic. It feels like we should have easier plays to make in the passing game.

That being said maybe it is all necessity because we can't block for a 5 step drop consistently.

Love how our D in getting TO the last few weeks

I think its critical to get Njoku back for next week. He would be big in the red zone.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:10 PM
Looking ahead - assuming we don't win out and drop a game. I think it will come down to our record vs Bills, Oakland and Colts. Start rooting for those guys to lose. I think the Bills probably clinch a WC regardless of what we do - the other 2 teams, going to be really interesting.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:13 PM
3 games with Hunt being active.

3 wins

I like that stat.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:16 PM
Postgame thoughts:
*Think the Browns were a little pissed off about the Garrett suspension and took it out on the Fins.
*Thought this is how they would play all season.
*Don't think they missed Garrett much, still want him back.
*Still might have a chance at a wildcard spot.
*Felt good to see a big win after what happened last week.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:21 PM

I think Baltimore is clearly the toughest game still in front of us. They’ve hit their stride since losing to us, they’re firing on all cylinders right now and have beaten all comers. And our home field advantage is nearly non-existant. We’ll have to play our best game of the season missing our best/ fastest D lineman.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:25 PM
Not a laugher by any stretch, but we beat the one we were supposed to beat (for a change). Still some ludicrous plays called).

This one was fun and we looked more engaged. Good team effort considering the junk we had to sift through. Pitt, huh? Bengals almost got 'em.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:37 PM
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
My biggest concern about this team is that they seem overly impressed with themselves when they play decent football. From Freddie on down. If that doesn’t change, there is no way way they run the table, and I don’t see any indication that they are going to humble themselves enough to become a strong team this year.

Agreed. It’s the sign of a young and immature team and coaching staff. Which was my biggest concern coming into the season, that they picked a totally green coach for such a very young team with only 5 players from before 2017. Mature leadership is in rare supply on this team and it shows just about every week.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Not going to be too critical about a win, even against a bad team. I enjoyed watching most of the game.

Bingo.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:44 PM
Going into next week, I’m concerned about Seibert in that stadium too
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:46 PM
I'm concerned about Seibert in general.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:54 PM
yeah, the past two weeks has been less than great
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/24/19 11:57 PM
- Fun game to be at today

- Easy win, as expected.

- Good to see OBJ get in the end zone.

- Great game for Landry, you could tell the Browns made a point to featured him today.

- Chubb with another game over 100 yards and a TD

- Hollywood seemed to play a lot of snaps (or more than usual) I think he had only 1 target

- Kicking in the east end of the stadium is a problem. Siebert should practice kicking there instead of Berea like Dawson used to do.

- Sheldon Richardson continues to play well

- Baker and the offense are coming together....finally.

- Extending Schobert needs to be a priority. Hopefully, egos in the FO do not get in the way.

Go Browns thumbsup
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:10 AM

Steelers are bad. They are not a threat offensively, at all.

I'd be more more concerned with AZ. At least they can score points.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

I’m concerned about their defense turning stuff into points
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:27 AM
Yeah we shouldn’t see next Sunday as being easy.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:32 AM
Happy for the W.

Didn't like the complacent cockiness the team showed in the lead.

Landry is a MUCH better WR than OBJ IMHO. I honestly think Higgins is as good as OBJ, especially when you consider the diva stuff. OBJ does all these fancy one handed catches in practice and occasionally on the field, but then drops easy catches. The INT was not on him 100%, but I expect a star to catch that.

Our backs are awesome.

D stepped up against a very weak team today, hope that holds. Baltimore is no joke and this D will face them in an ultra important game later.

There was a lot of positives for the Browns today and I was glad Freddie caught a break finally and will get a week off of the front burner in the media. That said, I hope he is learning in these weaker opponent games at the end of the season here and not thinking he's all that in this win streak, because he IS NOT all that by a long shot.

Next week better be an EPIC win.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:32 AM
Do I need to remind the board that we lost to a Charlie batch led Steelers team?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Yeah we shouldn’t see next Sunday as being easy.

If we look past the steelers next week, we’ll lose for sure.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
yeah, the past two weeks has been less than great

He's been kicking like this lately:

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:37 AM

I'm not concerned with Arizona or Baltimore. Only the Steelers. If you ask me why, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Not having Myles may actually work in our benefit against Lamar and Kyler. If today was any indication, our DEs can't get upfield past the tackle at all. That may actually limit some running opportunities for both of those guys. Make them passers and we'll win. Actually Murray is a pretty good passer. Much better than Lamar. I don't know how he sees, but he has a tremendous, accurate arm. Still not worried for some reason. Browns will have a lot to play for at that time, hopefully.

Win next week and I like the Browns to win out. I think we're in at 10-6.

Then when we lose in round 1 because we have no pass rush, Myles can feel even worse about his me first actions. If he even feels bad about it at all.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:06 AM
Posted By: bluecollarball Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:10 AM
All good points above. I will say this though, Mary Kay Cabot continues to impress with her post game presser questions.

Mary Kay: "Did you know that Mason Rudolph was benched today?"

Baker: “No, I was actually playing a game while they were playing a game so I did not know that Mason was benched.”

Hats off to Baker for not uttering "Jesus, Mary....that's your question?"

Gotta love her. And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Question, if you're interested is at the 5:44 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oevM3YamN-8&t=364s
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:11 AM
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:17 AM

awesome photo.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:19 AM
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:33 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

That never happens.

Good job, men.

PUNTING
Player PUNTS AVG I20 LONG
Jamie Gillan 1 37 0 37
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:36 AM
MKC continues to embarrass herself. She's been put on blast twice this week, once by Wilks and now Baker.

She's not interested in reporting the news. She's interested in creating controversy and reporting that.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: bluecollarball
All good points above. I will say this though, Mary Kay Cabot continues to impress with her post game presser questions.

Baker: “No, I was actually playing a game while they were playing a game so I did not know that Mason was benched.”

Question, if you're interested is at the 5:44 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oevM3YamN-8&t=364s

She's a troll.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:51 AM
She’s really the worst. She’s always trying to get people to say incendiary things to give her a splashy headline and clicks even if it’s ultimately bad for the team. And she has no interesting perspective of her own. She gurgles the most obvious storylines and tosses the dumbest questions. Always stirring drama. And Mike Florio publishes everything she says like it’s a team issued statement. I really wish the PD would commit to the better writers on the staff.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:59 AM
One point favorite next week ... it’ll be an interesting line to watch
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:21 AM
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
She’s really the worst. She’s always trying to get people to say incendiary things to give her a splashy headline and clicks even if it’s ultimately bad for the team.

This is the part that gets me. She's supposedly a Browns fan.

She asked both Freddie and Baker if they knew Rudolph had been benched. LOL
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:36 AM
Lol....

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:38 AM
MKC is desperately trying to make headlines and get clicks while she holds on to what little of her career she has left.

Bless her heart.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:44 AM
A buddy from work texted me before the game and said the Browns better show up, he was going heavy with the Browns in his fantasy league... he started:

Baker 24/34 327 3 TD's 1 INT 118.1 Rating
Chubb 21 Carries 106 Yards 1 TD 3 Catches 58 Yards
Landry 10 Catches 148 Yards 2 TD's

I think he did ok.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:54 AM
Overall a pretty complete game.

Mayfield looked as good as he's looked all year. He forced a couple throws which didn't concern me as much because he has his confidence back. Deep balls, slants, outs, dump offs.. all of it was working... I will say, I've never seen a QB with his bad luck. Every single pass that gets tipped seems to get picked... in other games I see them fall to the ground once in a while, I swear. The one to OBJ was more on Mayfield and he got bailed out on the forced one that got called back.. but I will say it again, he's back to throwing with the same kind of confidence he had last year..

Chubb and Hunt are beasts but I still don't know why our standard set on 2nd and 2 is a no back set... I don't mind taking a shot on 2nd and 2, it's a good place to do it.. but do we have to TELL THEM we are going to do it?

Seiburt looks a little shaky lately. He has to figure out the Dawg Pound end.. I still think he'll be fine.

Defense looked good, seemed to have a little extra "umph" in their tackling today like they had something to prove. Run defense looked exceptional against a horrible running team.

Even during the "lull" (as the broadcasters called it) in the 3rd quarter, we were still moving the ball and being aggressive, just a series of missed opportunities.. the INT, the missed FG, a couple penalties, the snap Baker wasn't ready for....

Overall solid performance...

Off to play *checks notes* Devlin Hodges...
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:02 AM
off topic...would you trust Seibert to make those same kicks that Dawson did back in the 2007 Snow Bowl?
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:05 AM
Quote:
Seiburt looks a little shaky lately. He has to figure out the Dawg Pound end.. I still think he'll be fine.

He does have a lot to work on, but in his defense. Even Phil Dawson says that is the toughest end of the stadium to make kicks in. So we have to give the kid some time.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:08 AM
Originally Posted By: boofers20
off topic...would you trust Seibert to make those same kicks that Dawson did back in the 2007 Snow Bowl?

Not yet.
Eventually(?)
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:10 AM
j/c...

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:10 AM
I thought he would get a call.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:10 AM

Hey, I was at that game. I'm not sure I trust anybody to make those.. even Phil Dawson, I was surprised that he made those...

Seiburt will learn and get better. He will hopefully get his chance this year to kick some meaningful FGs in the wind/snow.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
Quote:

He does have a lot to work on, but in his defense. Even Phil Dawson says that is the toughest end of the stadium to make kicks in. So we have to give the kid some time.

The east end of the stadium has the lowest percentage of FGs made or highest percentage of FGs missed (if you prefer it presented that way) in the entire NFL.

Siebert should be practicing kicking at the stadium a good portion of each week.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:32 AM
I predict a slaughter next week.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:36 AM

Keep in mind that Seibert is a rookie and in 2007, Dawson was a 9 year veteran all with the browns. By that time he had attempted a lot of kicks in hat stadium.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:39 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:44 AM
j/c...

Landry is one of my all time favorite Browns, guy has heart. I just can't love this guy enough.
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:46 AM
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
I predict a slaughter next week.

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:04 AM
Quote:
Siebert should be practicing kicking at the stadium a good portion of each week.

Agreed.

It prob wouldn't hurt to have crowd noise pumped through the PA system while he's practicing.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:14 AM
Originally Posted By: bluecollarball

Well she isn't the brightest light bulb in the box. She may be shiny and pretty but there's not much between the ears. Nothing really more than a drama queen looking for clicks. Cleveland deserves better reporting.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 05:44 AM
Quote:

Don't underestimate her....

Translation: Mayfield too busy to concern himself with next week's opponent.
Posted By: TI84_Plus Re: Post game - 11/25/19 05:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
j/c...

Landry is one of my all time favorite Browns, guy has heart. I just can't love this guy enough.

Jarvis is (outside of Baker) the one player I do not want to lose and who we should pay an arm and a leg for. This guy is always within 5 yards of the play, great hands, and absolute leader and personality of this team. I love OBJ and hope we can keep them both, but Jarvis’ intangibles are immeasurable.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/25/19 06:03 AM
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
Jarvis is (outside of Baker) the one player I do not want to lose and who we should pay an arm and a leg for.

Juice is under contract thru 2022 w/the Browns.

He should not be going anywhere anytime soon, regardless of cap implications.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/jarvis-landry-14473/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 10:09 AM
J/c

In terms of Seibert, is it feasible to have him just practice at the stadium every day instead of in Berea? Is that permitted?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 11:25 AM
J/c

In terms of Seibert, is it feasible to have him just practice at the stadium every day instead of in Berea? Is that permitted?

Phil told them the first few years would be a learning experience. I'm not worried about Siebert, he's been fairly solid compared to recent years. I never expected perfection out of either of the rookie kickers.

Now that said, letting him practice there is a great idea if he can.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 12:38 PM
Yeah, I’m in the same boat. I think he’ll be fine based on this season, but you can definitely see him being the victim of the lake/winds/stadium the past few games as we inch towards winter. Heck, he even kicked one out of bounds on the kickoff yesterday. If possible, let him kick at the stadium every single day
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:03 PM
j/c:

Baker had a fantastic game.
Jarvis had a fantastic game.
Schobert had a fantastic game.

I thought the backup D-line did ok. Lawerence's passion helped out. I think Richardson had a good game as well.

Still, a ton of penalities. I'm very happy about the win and the fact we've won three in a row heading into a game @ Pittsburgh. That momentum should help us.

I temper my enthusiasm because it was against Miami, arguably the worst team in the league along with Cincinnati.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:05 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

I temper my enthusiasm because it was against Miami, arguably the worst team in the league along with Cincinnati.

Don't. This is the first game in a long time that we didn't play down to the opponents talent level. This games means something.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:05 PM
I said it a few times during the game, but Schobert was excellent I agree.

He’s making it really tough to NOT sign him this offseason
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

Agreed.

It prob wouldn't hurt to have crowd noise pumped through the PA system while he's practicing.

Are you sure Baker will allow him into his home withoiunt an invitation ??

naughtydevil
Posted By: Dave Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:28 PM
Apparently, Seibert and Gillan already practice at First Energy on Wednesdays. Priefer said the problem with kicking at the dawg pound end is that the flags on the goal posts aren't a true indicator of what the winds are actually doing.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/dawg-pound-end-zone-continues-to-mystify-kickers-news-notes
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:50 PM
All in all, a pretty good win... pretty good game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Apparently, Seibert and Gillan already practice at First Energy on Wednesdays. Priefer said the problem with kicking at the dawg pound end is that the flags on the goal posts aren't a true indicator of what the winds are actually doing.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/dawg-pound-end-zone-continues-to-mystify-kickers-news-notes
thanks, I hadn’t read that article
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:52 PM
Quote:

Agreed.

naughtydevil
haha I will be happy when those commercials stop airing. They were funny at first, but have grown old to me
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post game - 11/25/19 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

Don't. This is the first game in a long time that we didn't play down to the opponents talent level. This games means something.

These are my thoughts in a nut shell. We won a game we should have won while not playing down. Both good things.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:03 PM
Why in the hell is Freddie giving the Team two days off ? The players don't have to be back til Wednesday.

They beat a 2-6 team and the Browns had a okay second half. I would have them report Tuesday and get back to work to beat the Steelers and their back up QB that can throw the ball better then Mason.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:18 PM
They just played the Steelers, not much film to review.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:18 PM
On the surface, I agree with you.

What are they going to do with that extra day? Pitt is still fresh in their heads. Wilkes has a little extra work to do preparing for Hodges and further juggling his Oline. Extra day to heal might actually be the best idea.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:18 PM
I had to listen to the game. Did Njoku play?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:19 PM
No.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:22 PM
Belichick and NE don't even take Victory Mondays, and they have had plenty of opportunities for them. Hmm, maybe there's something there?

Why not show up Monday, get your rehab, workout if desired, and study film.

Of course with today's tech, it is entirely possible these guys can study film in the comfort of their living room, but then you have to be someone driven to do so, and not have the distractions many may have at home.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:34 PM
There is probably some benefit to being in the position groups room with other players/coaches providing input...
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:34 PM
Quote:

Agreed.

naughtydevil
haha I will be happy when those commercials stop airing. They were funny at first, but have grown old to me

I think you're in for a long ride. There's talk of working Flo into a few episodes and a passing of the torch. With Peyton Manning with Nationwide and Aaron Rodgers with State Farm, I think Baker will be a fixture with Progressive for years to come. I mean, c'mon, they're headquartered in Mayfield Ohio lol.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:42 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

That's a great point. Credit where credit is due.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 02:45 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

That's a great point. Credit where credit is due.
exactly, and I kinda thought of it yesterday too. Hunt has taken touches away from our 3/4 WRs and TEs, but not Chubb, OBJ, or Landry
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:05 PM

We need to hire Phil Dawson as a consultant for the remainder of the season and have him come in and work with Seibert in the stadium three days a week and teach him everything he knows.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:08 PM
Quote:

It's more about film review..It's about cleaning up penalties... executing..staying sharp and focused.

The Players need all the help and practice they can get to go into Heinz Field and win..

This two day off with Thanksgiving Thursday scares me.. It might put that mindset in that they can take time off and just walk into Heinz Field and win..

I don't like it IMO...This team already struggled do to believing in the pre season hype...This just adds to it.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
J/c

Phil told them the first few years would be a learning experience. I'm not worried about Siebert, he's been fairly solid compared to recent years. I never expected perfection out of either of the rookie kickers.

Now that said, letting him practice there is a great idea if he can.

Dawson, Gardocki, and Pontbriand used to to go there to practice all the time.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:14 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

We need to hire Phil Dawson as a consultant for the remainder of the season and have him come in and work with Seibert in the stadium three days a week and teach him everything he knows.

not a bad idea if Phil would be up for it
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:15 PM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

It's more about film review..It's about cleaning up penalties... executing..staying sharp and focused.

The Players need all the help and practice they can get to go into Heinz Field and win..

This two day off with Thanksgiving Thursday scares me.. It might put that mindset in that they can take time off and just walk into Heinz Field and win..

I don't like it IMO...This team already struggled do to believing in the pre season hype...This just adds to it.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of this move simply because these guys keep showing that they lose focus when things start going well or getting easy.

I think that it would be FAR better to still have them show up and go through things as a TEAM.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:22 PM
j/c:

I think Richardson had a good game as well.

Fun Fact: Schobert is in Top 5 for Tackles and Interceptions.
Dude is straight-up earning All-Pro this year and we CANNOT let him leave.

Richardson had himself a game!
I do find it hard to believe that those were his first two sacks on the year, though. That's just crazy, but perhaps it is speaking to the role being asked of him? Is he being asked to play the run gaps and push the pocket while pressure/sacks comes from the outside more?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:29 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of this move simply because these guys keep showing that they lose focus when things start going well or getting easy.

I think that it would be FAR better to still have them show up and go through things as a TEAM.

Exactly..The Browns can eliminate the Steelers from a play off hope by beating them Sunday. And that's the message Freddie has to instill in their heads.

Get your butts in here and practice your butts off and lets get ready to beat the Steelers in their own home and tell them goodbye play-offs... That's the message Freddie should be sending...

Not taking two days off and don't do anything to hurt the team...WTH ?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:30 PM

Kind of funny but Progressive is located in what was once land owned by someone I went to high school with. Right across Wilson Mills road from Mayfield High School.

ironic.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:31 PM
j/c:

I do find it hard to believe that those were his first two sacks on the year, though. That's just crazy, but perhaps it is speaking to the role being asked of him? Is he being asked to play the run gaps and push the pocket while pressure/sacks comes from the outside more?

The word when we brought him in was that he was going to be our biggest run-stuffer. That made sense to me at the time with him being in the back half of his career, but I was curious if he'd also be able to sorta tap into his younger self and temporarily be that beastly pass-rusher he was with the Jets.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:34 PM
Certainly happy to see the W. Even if it was an inferior team. I loved watching Baker and the WR's clicking so well.

Yet at the same time, I think we should all remember that the Dolphins have had so many injuries in their secondary that they have had a total of 11 players in their secondary rotation. They are the very definition of patchwork.

A W is a W and it has to help the confidence of both Baker and the WR's. I just try to do my best to keep everything in context.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:37 PM
j/c:

I said this during the offseason-- of all the FA signings and trades, I thought the Richardson deal provided the most value.

He has a 82 score on PFF, 2 forced fumbles and three sacks. He has 37 solo tackles and ranks #1 in this category among all DI assigned players. I think he has been a nice plug on the defensive interior and we paid very little for him compared to taking on massive contracts of Vernon and Beckham.

And I totally agree with you on Schobert. He is the defensive leader and needs to be retained.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:37 PM
I know there are rules and such, but can we just get next week's Steeler threads going now?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post game - 11/25/19 03:57 PM
Schobert, playing in a completely new defense, and responsible for putting everyone where they need to be, is having an All-Pro season.

11 games
97 tackles
4 INT
2 sacks
2 forced fumbles
13 passes defensed
And, he is routinely making plays at or near the LOS, as well.

Pay da man Dorsey!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:01 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:03 PM
Quote:

Hadn't thought of the Thanksgiving reality. Good point, and that definitely makes Monday and Tuesday off a head-scratcher.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:15 PM
So, a trap game of sorts? Could be, I guess.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:20 PM
Not to get too hyperbolic, but those are Ray Lewis-level numbers.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:31 PM
Hunt needs more touches
Not if that's taking them away from Chubb. Chubb is our back, Hunt is a "rental" player, he will not be here for the long haul if you ask me.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:34 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Hunt needs more touches
Not if that's taking them away from Chubb. Chubb is our back, Hunt is a "rental" player, he will not be here for the long haul if you ask me.

I don't know...

He keeps doing and saying all the right things, while continuing his do-it-all role on the offense, I see him soon becoming very hard to part with as this offense moves forward.

Double that if we fail to address the TE position.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:35 PM
The Browns can eliminate the Steelers from a play off hope by beating them Sunday. And that's the message Freddie has to instill in their heads.

Get your butts in here and practice your butts off and lets get ready to beat the Steelers in their own home and tell them goodbye play-offs... That's the message Freddie should be sending...

Not taking two days off and saying to them don't do anything to hurt the team...WTH ?

This is one of the biggest anticipated games in a while..Lots of people are going to be watching. Freddie better have his team ready.

Celebrating two games off over beating a 2-6 awful team is no way to prepare the team to go into Heinz field and battle for a win. banghead
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:38 PM
Hunt needs more touches

I don't know...

He keeps doing and saying all the right things, while continuing his do-it-all role on the offense, I see him soon becoming very hard to part with as this offense moves forward.

All depends on what he and his agent are looking for in the offseason. he's not going to finish with great stats, but teams that have watched him have seen an unbelievable impact he's made on this offense. Running, catching, blocking. He has done it all.

He's going to have the give the Browns a discount if he wants to stay, and I can't blame a running back for going and getting the most money possible.

But man would it be nice if he did stay, and we have that lethal 1-2 punch of Chubb and Hunt.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 11/25/19 04:54 PM
One positive to consider is that Chubb was drafted in round 2 so it's not like we're paying a fortune for him on his rookie deal. It should leave some lettuce to be spent on the RB position.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 05:09 PM
J/c

Congrats to Chad Thomas on a fine performance .. we need more of it!
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post game - 11/25/19 05:14 PM
Agreed. The injuries and suspensions will give some of our other players a chance to step up and hopefully shine. They can show what they can do.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game - 11/25/19 05:17 PM
jc

If our team continues to improve each week, it will afford both Hunt and the Browns the perspective of a win-win situation.

Hunt gets to "stay home" and be a part of something big - in CLEVELAND. The Browns still have Chubb as the obvious bargaining chip because Hunt will not be the "bell cow", and since Chubb is the best RB in the NFL, we don't really need Hunt. Besides that, Hunt won't have to work at a serious discount because the Browns still have Chubb on a rookie deal.

He's a very dynamic back. Can't blame him if he wants to go where the spotlight will shine on him a little brighter. And as far as the Browns go, just because Chubb is on his rookie deal doesn't mean we have "free money" to spend on a second RB... a lot of bills coming due over the next few years. If I were the Browns, I would be working on an extension for Garrett NOW. Discount window is only open while he's on the sideline.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/25/19 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
Quote:

Hadn't thought of the Thanksgiving reality. Good point, and that definitely makes Monday and Tuesday off a head-scratcher.

I also forgot about the Thanksgiving break. So when DO they practice this week? Just Wednesday? Do they have a full practice on Friday?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/25/19 05:46 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
Quote:

I also forgot about the Thanksgiving break. So when DO they practice this week? Just Wednesday? Do they have a full practice on Friday?

I'd assume they will practice on Thanksgiving as well. I don't know why they wouldn't. Likely, would just hold an earlier practice that day.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game - 11/25/19 06:19 PM

Just listened to Baker's presser.

He has taken on full leadership of this team. I can see and hear it. Little things during games. His tone. His seriousness.

They are not all the way there but they are taking positive steps to get there.

Over the years I have learned to never take any team lightly. Never. We lost to a Bronco team we should have beaten.

The schedule you play one at a time. Steelers in their house? All that has gone before does not matter. They will be trying to beat us because their season is on the line.

The Bengals are real bad. But you make enough mistakes you can lose to anyone.

The Cardinals are no joke. They barely lost to the 49ers who are a very good team.

Yes. We did beat the Ravens. However, that game will be full out war.

So, we have to play like every game is a playoff game. Keep improving. Refine strengths. Improve weakness. Know your opposition. Plan to attack their weakness. Keep working on elimination of errors.

Next up Steelers with a path to improve our playoff chances and eliminate theirs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/25/19 06:24 PM
J/c

We certainly will practice on Thanksgiving this week, at least based on what I know about NFL teams.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/25/19 06:26 PM
On the surface, I agree with you.

What are they going to do with that extra day? Pitt is still fresh in their heads. Wilkes has a little extra work to do preparing for Hodges and further juggling his Oline. Extra day to heal might actually be the best idea.

Make it a light day but I think, where this team is now, they need to feel the sense of urgency.. not the sense of accomplishment.

I just think it's a contradiction... telling the team all week that our playoffs begin now, we have to win out, go 1-0 every week, blahblahblah.... but then give them a day off. Nobody gets a day off in the playoffs.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game - 11/25/19 06:35 PM
J/c

We certainly will practice on Thanksgiving this week, at least based on what I know about NFL teams.

Yup. Thanksgiving is not a day off.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/25/19 06:37 PM
Hunt needs more touches

I don't know...

As opposed to Chubb who has done and said all the right things his entire life, who is imo a better back anyway?

Your not going to pay two put 20+ million a year into two running backs when the time comes. Chubb deserves the top dollar amount when hes due. You have to think about that. If Kareem wants more than 5 million a year, which he will - theres no way you can keep that much locked up at RB.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/25/19 06:40 PM
The Browns can eliminate the Steelers from a play off hope by beating them Sunday. And that's the message Freddie has to instill in their heads.

Not taking two days off and saying to them don't do anything to hurt the team...WTH ?

This is one of the biggest anticipated games in a while..Lots of people are going to be watching. Freddie better have his team ready.

Celebrating two games off over beating a 2-6 awful team is no way to prepare the team to go into Heinz field and battle for a win. banghead
Well, they just played 3 games in 15 days. I am sure that has something to do with the two days off.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game - 11/25/19 06:50 PM

Well, they just played 3 games in 15 days. I am sure that has something to do with the two days off.

Unless it's a bye week, you almost always play three games in 15 days. poke
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/25/19 08:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Hunt needs more touches

I don't know...

All depends on what he and his agent are looking for in the offseason. he's not going to finish with great stats, but teams that have watched him have seen an unbelievable impact he's made on this offense. Running, catching, blocking. He has done it all.

He's going to have the give the Browns a discount if he wants to stay, and I can't blame a running back for going and getting the most money possible.

But man would it be nice if he did stay, and we have that lethal 1-2 punch of Chubb and Hunt.
Since he missed 10 games, does this year count towards a contract year?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/25/19 08:19 PM
Yes. You only need 6 games to count as an accrued season.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post game - 11/25/19 08:24 PM
If he is on the roster for 6 games, then he accrues a season towards free agency.

This will be Hunt's 3rd accrued season. (assuming that he is not suspended for one or more of the remaining games.

Following this season, he will be a restricted free agent. (3 accrued season, but not 4)I would assume that the Browns will tender him fairly high, so that he'll be back next season.

After the 2020 season, if he accrues 4 seasons, if he is not under a contract (extension or long term deal elsewhere), he will be an UFA.
Posted By: BpG Re: Post game - 11/25/19 08:31 PM
I don't know what a Stephen Carlson is but I am gonna need to see some more.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game - 11/25/19 09:51 PM
Hunt needs more touches

I don't know...

As opposed to Chubb who has done and said all the right things his entire life, who is imo a better back anyway?

Your not going to pay two put 20+ million a year into two running backs when the time comes. Chubb deserves the top dollar amount when hes due. You have to think about that. If Kareem wants more than 5 million a year, which he will - theres no way you can keep that much locked up at RB.

$5 million a year would make Hunt the 11th highest paid running back in the league (based on average annual salary). Two of the players that make more than $5M per year are on rookie contracts. Running backs get paid very little nowadays.

Luckily Chubb still has two years on a cheap contract. If he continues to perform at his current level he will deserve a top of the market deal (whether any team should ever give a running back a contract like that is a different discussion).
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game - 11/25/19 10:15 PM
Juston Burris has played really well so far this season. I am glad we got him back on the team.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/26/19 12:17 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 11/26/19 12:24 AM
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 11/26/19 12:38 AM
I'm disappointed OBJ didn't jump into the dawg pound. His first chance and didn't do it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/26/19 02:58 AM
That’s awesoem
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post game - 11/26/19 01:58 PM
j/c

My buddy at the game was all about how much time was on the playclock when the Browns broke the huddle. His theory was spot-on in that when we'd get to the line with 10+ seconds left, we'd run much better/smarter plays.

It's been talked about on this site, but the improvement in that area Sunday was noticeable. Still a few times where we just couldn't get a play in quickly...like after a penalty even. There is a disconnect somewhere in getting the plays in quickly and that improved Sunday.

A guy on the radio (WKNR 850) Monday morning stated that the INT was on Beckham...his opinion was that there was no way Baker would miss that short of a throw that badly. Looked to me as if Baker thought that was a seven-ish yard route to sit in and OBJ thought there was more there. I read a lot where a Baker criticism is that he 'doesn't take the easy play enough'. Who knows?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/26/19 02:11 PM
so we need him to miss another game lol
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game - 11/26/19 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

My buddy at the game was all about how much time was on the playclock when the Browns broke the huddle. His theory was spot-on in that when we'd get to the line with 10+ seconds left, we'd run much better/smarter plays.

I've been banging that drum since the Seattle game. In that game we were at the line with 15-20 seconds the entire 1st half. If not for a tipped-ball INT in the endzone, we would have dropped 28 on them before the gun.

By the next game, after a bye, we had Baker reading off his wristband cheat-sheet half the game and racing to get to the line.

It's gotten better and needs to continue to do so. I think Baker has done a tremendous job with pre-snap reads and changing protections this year, he just needs time to do it.

With all that said. What type of leeway does Baker have to audible out of plays? Does anyone know?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/26/19 02:21 PM
Quote:
It's gotten better and needs to continue to do so. I think Baker has done a tremendous job with pre-snap reads and changing protections this year, he just needs time to do it.
I think this has been an undervalued statement.

Baker early this year, everyone said he couldn't read a defense. Problem was, he didn't HAVE TIME to read a defense, as we had to snap the ball as quickly as possible.

Last week, he was changing protections, pointing out the guys blitzing, etc. He looked good. A few times, they got to the line late, and you can tell, we were "off" and the play didn't develop, or we had to take a time out.

We need time at the line, Freddie has been getting better, but he needs to have a back up play ready to call
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/26/19 02:36 PM
Good info on the play clock ... that’s one area that was awful in the first part of the year
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Post game - 11/26/19 03:07 PM

More than that. He's played 3 games and we have 5 left.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/26/19 03:12 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

More than that. He's played 3 games and we have 5 left.
That's right, for some reason I thought he was suspended for 10 games.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/26/19 04:10 PM

I heard that Myles' primary replacement (Thomas) was the second highest rated DE in the NFL on Sunday....
Posted By: BpG Re: Post game - 11/26/19 05:05 PM
Beating up on Miami is not something to get excited about.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/26/19 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG

No, it is. Squeaking by them would be nothing to get excited about... but blowing out bad teams is still a good sign... that's what good teams are supposed to do.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/26/19 06:48 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

No, it is. Squeaking by them would be nothing to get excited about... but blowing out bad teams is still a good sign... that's what good teams are supposed to do.
Agreed. People acting all high and mighty on this board - forgetting that our record says we are only a couple games better than Miami.

I am very excited to see a team that has frankly VERY LITTLE FOCUS, look very focused and capable on the field against a team it would have been very easily to overlook. That is a very good sign that Freddie is getting it, and the players are responding to his message.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post game - 11/26/19 06:57 PM
Good info on the play clock ... that’s one area that was awful in the first part of the year

yeah, lots of people beat that to death. it has been an Achilles heel for Baker. amongst other things.

I'm really proud of the kid for stepping up and putting in a ton of work to fix the issues he had at the beginning of the season.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/26/19 06:58 PM

Who would you rather be?

Browns blowing out Miami for a half before letting off the gas

or

Pitt barely squeaking by Cinci

?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/26/19 07:10 PM

Who would you rather be?

or

?

NFL power rankings came as an update on my phone.. Steelers stayed at 16 while Browns moved up from 22 to 19... how are we 3 spots behind the Steelers? Steelers barely squeak by the bengals, we have 1 less win but we crushed the Steelers head to head, they don't have a solidified QB... I think there is some real historical bias in that ranking.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/26/19 07:11 PM
Agreed
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/26/19 07:17 PM

Who would you rather be?

or

?

NFL power rankings came as an update on my phone.. Steelers stayed at 16 while Browns moved up from 22 to 19... how are we 3 spots behind the Steelers? Steelers barely squeak by the bengals, we have 1 less win but we crushed the Steelers head to head, they don't have a solidified QB... I think there is some real historical bias in that ranking.
Easy, they are 6-5 and we are 5-6. next week when we win, we will flip flop power ranking spots. But I don't agree a team should be ahead of another team that has a worse record.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/26/19 07:18 PM
Yeah, if we win this game I expect the media to be all over our jock again
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/26/19 07:24 PM
But the 6-5 Steelers are behind the 5-6 Eagles.. it's not all about record. It's not college, it doesn't really matter.. I just like griping about the Steelers.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game - 11/26/19 07:33 PM
Steelers have thrived in the face of adversity. We created our own and danced around it like it wasn't there.

Rankings will flip-flop after we beat them Sunday...
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post game - 11/26/19 07:51 PM

It's not that it's something to be excited about. Its that we executed the way we were supposed to. Most of the time we screw up, and for once we played the way we were supposed to. That's some growth there.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/26/19 08:04 PM
But the 6-5 Steelers are behind the 5-6 Eagles.. it's not all about record. It's not college, it doesn't really matter.. I just like griping about the Steelers.
I mean, I was giving my opinion lol. I wouldn't have a team with a worse record behind another team - college or pro's (at least maybe in the 1st 4 weeks I would, but after that, teams are starting to form what they are).

And, the eagles and Steelers are in different divisions. Pittsburgh played cincy 2 times and Miami, im not sure the schedule Philly has played, but I would bet it was harder than Pitt has had.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 11/26/19 08:17 PM

Who would you rather be?

or

?

Easy, they are 6-5 and we are 5-6. next week when we win, we will flip flop power ranking spots. But I don't agree a team should be ahead of another team that has a worse record.

Isn't that the whole point of power rankings? Ranking teams based on more than their record?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 11/26/19 08:38 PM

Who would you rather be?

or

?

Isn't that the whole point of power rankings? Ranking teams based on more than their record?
I think its weighted, with W/L carrying the most weight. Then it goes to strength of schedule etc.

Like I said, its just my opinion and why I would think that's the reason for it. I didn't say it was THE REASON.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/26/19 08:45 PM

Who would you rather be?

or

?

Yes... ranking them subjectively, based on individual opinion.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post game - 11/26/19 09:44 PM
Surprised to see Wilson and Takitaki low on that list
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post game - 11/27/19 01:35 PM
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 11/27/19 02:20 PM
Quote:
I mean, I was giving my opinion lol. I wouldn't have a team with a worse record behind another team

Then it's not a power ranking, it's the standings.

Quote:
And, the eagles and Steelers are in different divisions. Pittsburgh played cincy 2 times and Miami, im not sure the schedule Philly has played, but I would bet it was harder than Pitt has had.

I don't know who Philly has played but they are in a division with the Redskins and the Giants so... there is that.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post game - 11/27/19 07:18 PM
J/c

How much of a difference we’ve seen in Landry and OBJ the last couple weeks since they stopped worrying about shoes and giggling like little kids because their bestie is on the same team??? Jarvis is back to form and I think OBJ is finally starting to mesh!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/28/19 01:15 AM
Good point
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game - 11/28/19 03:41 AM
All Pro Scho!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game - 11/29/19 10:47 PM
It's almost night & day, the difference in them, and it is what we were all expecting to get back in Week 1.

Better late than never; and it bodes well for chemistry getting built and rolling into next season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 11/30/19 09:27 AM
He’s definitely going to be in the Pro Bowl, most likely with Chubb

Those will be our two representatives IMO
© DawgTalkers.net