DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Steubenvillian Who wins? - 12/03/19 11:34 PM
I think this is the game that breaks our back. I truly believe that we will lose to Cinci.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Who wins? - 12/03/19 11:35 PM
I don't see that it matters any.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who wins? - 12/03/19 11:37 PM
Browns 38
Bengals 17
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 12:04 AM
Bengals - 24

Browns - 17

Not that the games matter anymore.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 12:05 AM
Games wont matter, so we’ll be loose and play well (like the end of last year against weak opponenets)

Browns 30
Bengals 18
Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 12:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
I think this is the game that breaks our back. I truly believe that we will lose to Cinci.

I share your dread.

Dalton is back and has some things to prove. Bengals are developing an actual running game. Their D has been pretty decent the last three games. Bengals current talent level is roughly comparable to the Steelers' talent level, albeit without the tradition and culture and pride that Pittsburgh has.

The Browns made stupid decisions and laid down for a beating in Pittsburgh. The Browns could easily underestimate the Bengals and do the same thing again.

Here's to a 6-10 season record. Sigh.... :-(
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 02:01 AM
Browns 28
Bengals 10
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 02:23 AM
Nothing is ever easy for us, but we simply can't lose a home game to a 1-11 team. Browns win 31-13.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 03:05 AM
Not to be disrespectful to your post... Just seems years after years at this time..

who gives a crap... same old let down kick in the ...heart.. spirit...

Lets beat teams that suck as much as the Browns or worse to prove ...what ?

Feeling negative..but always do this time of year...and I'm not apologizing either..lol
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 03:23 AM
Depends on which Browns team shows up.
The Browns team that beat PIT would crush CIN. The Brows team that lost to PIT could easily get bounced and trounced.

tossup for me.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 03:31 AM
The Browns have played down to "lesser" teams
All year.
The defense has no pass rush.
The offensive "genius"Kitchens can't even find a proper run pass balance
LT is a real weak spot.
Oh yeah Carlos Dunlap feasted on the Jets last week.
John Ross is back too.

Bengals 24 Brownies 23
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 03:44 AM
I believe we will be able to squeak by 19-16 since we are at home.

We will lose to them at their place of course.

These are just a group of arrogant individuals and not a team.

No leadership anywhere.

God hates the Browns, but my love will sadly not fade away.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 04:10 AM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Not to be disrespectful to your post... Just seems years after years at this time..

who gives a crap... same old let down kick in the ...heart.. spirit...

Lets beat teams that suck as much as the Browns or worse to prove ...what ?

Feeling negative..but always do this time of year...and I'm not apologizing either..lol

No apology needed! Negativity "comes with the job"...
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 01:10 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Nothing is ever easy for us, but we simply can't lose a home game to a 1-11 team. Browns win 31-13.

We shouldn't have lost to Pittsburgh and their 3rd string QB and depleted RB and WR's. Be interesting to see how the team and Freddie responds.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 03:14 PM
I see us bouncing back and winning vs Cinci. I think it'll be a close game, though... closer than it should be.

I think we'll split with the Bengals, though... but the loss will be in their house.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 03:23 PM
17-14 Bengals.

I honestly see our offense struggling and see this as the game that OBJ and Jarvis lose it as far as their demeanor goes.

The wheels on the bus go...…...Crashing down.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 04:25 PM
This game is ALWAYS weird.
Bengals in a close on. Or...us this time and Bengals in a close one next time. Always a surprise in these Ohio matchups.
Posted By: Haus Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 05:29 PM
It's hard to see the Browns losing this one. Maybe the one in Cincy.

Browns 20, Bengals 13
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 05:45 PM
Win ugly. Browns 23 - 20
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Who wins? - 12/04/19 09:45 PM
Bengals 24
Browns 13

Kitchens is dismissed.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Who wins? - 12/05/19 12:28 AM
I'll say this. We'll have entered a new level of terrible when our coaches are fired after Bengals losses instead of Steeler losses.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Who wins? - 12/05/19 12:49 AM
It doesn't matter. Nothing to play for. Players know it too. They also know they are playing for an organization who just cut a guy who lost his girlfriend tragically for some other team's JAG. True f'ing story. The guy may not have been the best player but he was a great glue guy. That's got to count for something right?

But these are the types of teams Baker plays well against (anyone notice his best game was against the Dolphins?). Baker the pretender may be able to overcome the ineptitude of the organization and help the team win.

Win, lose, who cares. But for those that firmly want Freddie gone, you should root for a loss. Freddie is not for sure coming back. These last four games will be a deciding factor.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Who wins? - 12/05/19 01:06 AM
He played well against the Ravens (this year and last, if memory serves).

He played well vs Steelers round 1 (their offense is 3rd string, but their D is tops in the league).

People trying to boil down this season to one person (whether it be Baker, Freddie, OBJ, homeless guy, etc) are silly.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Who wins? - 12/05/19 01:18 AM
Oh, it's not one person but if anyone is under the illusion we've found the franchise QB, that's just not true. That's what I'm angry about. Question marks at coach and QB again. We were supposed to be past this.
Posted By: OUDawgFan Re: Who wins? - 12/05/19 03:09 PM
Browns 24
Bengals 13
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Who wins? - 12/05/19 07:07 PM
Also, who really cares??
Posted By: Dave Re: Who wins? - 12/05/19 07:44 PM
I think the Browns will win, but I'm concerned about pass protection. The Carlos Dunlap vs Chris Hubbard matchup is a worry. DT Geno Atkins and RDE Sam Hubbard are both pretty good too. Dust off the screen pass and draw play, and please, no empty sets because those guys will tee off.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Who wins? - 12/06/19 02:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I think the Browns will win, but I'm concerned about pass protection. The Carlos Dunlap vs Chris Hubbard matchup is a worry. DT Geno Atkins and RDE Sam Hubbard are both pretty good too. Dust off the screen pass and draw play, and please, no empty sets because those guys will tee off.

I agree. Empty backfield formations are not a strength of this team. Other teams lick their chopps whenever they see us go empty backfield.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Who wins? - 12/06/19 04:50 PM
I would not be surprised if the Browns lost.

I can see a lot of players checking out for a myriad of reasons.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Who wins? - 12/06/19 05:36 PM
I think we win. Better talent on the field
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Who wins? - 12/06/19 11:03 PM
Browns 38
Cincinnati 17
Offensively Cincinnati is not even equal to Miami
Sense hunt has played we are3-1
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who wins? - 12/06/19 11:15 PM
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
Browns 38
Cincinnati 17
Offensively Cincinnati is not even equal to Miami
Sense hunt has played we are3-1

Hmm ... where have I seen that score before? tongue
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Who wins? - 12/07/19 02:04 AM
Watt. Worried about our line. We have sleds. We could get rolled in this one.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Who wins? - 12/07/19 06:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Oh, it's not one person but if anyone is under the illusion we've found the franchise QB, that's just not true. That's what I'm angry about. Question marks at coach and QB again. We were supposed to be past this.

Oh I’m all in on Baker as our franchise QB and i don’t know that I’ve said that about any QB we’ve trotted out there. What Baker needs IMO is a coach who is tough, disciplined, and would help mold him in to a true professional in the likes of Brees or Brady. Instead we have a HC who wants to be one of the cool kids.

Fix the HC and you’ll fix the QB.
Posted By: DaddyDawg Re: Who wins? - 12/07/19 01:48 PM
We are ginna crush they [censored] Bengals!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Who wins? - 12/07/19 01:56 PM
We're going to somehow find a way for this game to end in a tie after jumping out to a comfortable early lead. thumbsdown
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Who wins? - 12/07/19 03:05 PM
I think it all depends on how the team responds from losing last week and having no real shot at the playoffs now. If they haven't given up I see us destroying Cincy but if they have given up then I see Cincy winning.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Who wins? - 12/07/19 03:30 PM
There's still a shot at the playoffs.

Can't see them giving up.

If anything, the Bengals got their win, now they just have to go thru the motions to get to the end of the season.

This should be reminiscent of the Bengals-Browns game last season.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Who wins? - 12/07/19 03:56 PM
Browns lay down for both Cinci games. Handing them the wins. In turn handing the Dolphins Joe Burrow. Short term Browns pain for a decade of not facing Burrow twice a season.
Our losses are our win.

That said... Browns roll the Bengals this season. Then struggle against them for the next decade.
Because Browns.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Who wins? - 12/08/19 05:23 AM
If the Bengals get Burrow, and thus the Steelers turn into the cellar dwellers for the next 10 years that's ok with me.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Who wins? - 12/08/19 06:55 AM
Where does that leave us? Just one slot up from the Stoolers?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Who wins? - 12/08/19 12:43 PM
Cleveland Browns Pregame Scribbles: The meaning of last four games for Freddie Kitchens
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12...e-kitchens.html

By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer
CLEVELAND – Scribbles in my notebook as the 5-7 Browns prepare to face the 1-11 Cincinnati Bengals at 1 p.m. today at FirstEnergy Stadium:

1. What can the Browns learn from the final four games? OK, what can the Browns’ front office learn from the last four games? The answer is...a lot. They’d love to win the final four games and somehow crawl into the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

2. But more importantly, one of the goals for the season was a winning record, after the primary goal of winning the AFC North and making the playoffs. Baltimore owns the division. The playoffs are an extreme long shot. But can Freddie Kitchens put two coaching hands on the wheel and steer the team to a strong finish?

3. My sense is the Browns want Kitchens to give them good reasons to bring him back. They knew some rocky spots were coming with a rookie head coach, especially with a demanding early season schedule. Did they know it would be this difficult? I doubt it.

4. Nonetheless, they have not written off Kitchens. They have a pair of games left with the 1-11 Bengals. Next Sunday, they travel to Phoenix where the Cardinals are 3-8-1 and carry a 5-game losing streak into today’s game with Pittsburgh. Finally, the powerhouse Ravens come to Cleveland.

5. The bottom line is winning. Splitting the final four games and ending up 7-9 has to be considered a significant disappointment, no matter how the Browns try to explain it. Hey, they were 7-8-1 in 2018.

6. But the Browns are looking for some other things from Kitchens. Can he get the offense rolling against some of the NFL’s worst defenses (Arizona, Cincinnati)? Arizona ranks No. 31 in points allowed, Cincinnati is No. 24.

7 While there is so much attention on Odell Beckham Jr. getting the ball, the Browns want to see Kitchens use Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt even more effectively. No team has a backfield like that.

8. Is the team disciplined on the field? They no longer lead the NFL in penalties. They have 99, putting them behind Jacksonville (105), Oakland (104) and Tampa Bay (101). After leading the league in pre-snap penalties early in the season, they are now 10th in the NFL. The Browns want this positive trend to continue.

9. Can the coaching staff keep the attention of the players? Last week’s 20-13 loss in Pittsburgh can be devastating to the team’s morale. They went into the game with confidence and high expectations. A victory would have greatly increased their playoff chances.

10. Instead, the Browns blew a 10-0 second-quarter lead. They were out-hustled and at times physically overwhelmed in the second half in Pittsburgh. How does the team respond today vs. the Bengals?

11. The Browns want more consistency. There have been very few games this season where the offense had much flow. If the Browns can’t use their talented players such as Baker Mayfield, Jarvis Landry, Hunt, Chubb and Beckham to overpower the Bengals and Arizona, then there are major problems.

12. This is a team that hasn’t had much fun this season, other than the stunning 40-25 victory in Baltimore in Game 4. Even the 21-7 victory over Pittsburgh was blighted by the brawl and the 6-game suspension to Myles Garrett. Four games left, four games to show some progress was made or there are some very hard decision to be made after the season.

13. My pick: Browns win, 26-20. My record picking the Browns is 7-5 this season.

KIND WORDS FOR FREDDIE

I received this email from Bernie Seiler:

"Last spring my son (Ray who lives in Freddie’s suburb) got caught in a heavy rainstorm while walking. He was a good distance from his home with his family. He had a baby in a stroller, a wife, and a large dog.

"As he considered his options, an SUV pulled up. A rather large man rolled down his window and offered assistance. Ray politely declined, but the passerby insisted on helping.

"My son, a Browns’ fan, soon realized it was none other than Freddie Kitchens and his wife. He loaded the stroller and the dog in the backend. He gave a ride to the drenched family and delivered them to the dry safety of their home.

“Say what you want, but Freddie will always be a great guy to us no matter his record.”
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Who wins? - 12/08/19 01:34 PM
Originally Posted By: DaddyDawg
We are ginna crush they [censored] Bengals!

I hope you are right! thumbsup

Welcome to the Boards Daddy.
Posted By: Riley01 Re: Who wins? - 12/08/19 03:39 PM
Kitchens will get Bake hurt with his god awful game and lack of adjustment skills.
Hope Im wrong but....

Browns ?
Cinci ?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Who wins? - 12/08/19 03:43 PM
The team that scores the most points. willynilly
Posted By: bonefish Re: Who wins? - 12/08/19 05:33 PM

Freddie is on thin ice.

If the this article is accurate I doubt he survives.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2865...have-disconnect

Lose to the Bengals and he will assure his departure.
© DawgTalkers.net