DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: GratefulDawg Injury Report - 12/04/19 05:17 PM
BEREA — Starting left tackle Greg Robinson was cleared from concussion protocol and returned to Browns practice Wednesday.

The team placed Robinson in the protocol Nov. 27, and he sat out Sunday’s 20-13 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Justin McCray struggled while filling in for Robinson.

Backup safety Eric Murray also came back to practice Wednesday. Murray missed the past five games after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery Nov. 1.

Starting free safety Damarious Randall practiced Wednesday after being benched last week by coach Freddie Kitchens for an undisclosed reason. Kitchens expects Randall to play Sunday when the Browns (5-7) host the Cincinnati Bengals (1-11).

“I trust Damarious is going to go out and prepare and play,” Kitchens said. “Everything’s the same. I have no problems with Damarious.”

Starting defensive end Olivier Vernon was “a little sore” after returning from a knee injury to face the Steelers, Kitchens said. But Vernon practiced Wednesday.

Starting cornerback Greedy Williams (shoulder) and starting tight end Demetrius Harris (shoulder) practiced Wednesday after leaving Sunday’s game with injuries.

Starting center JC Tretter “got banged up a little bit” versus the Steelers, Kitchens said. Tretter practiced Wednesday, but like many of the aforementioned players, he will likely be listed as a limited participant.

Tight end David Njoku continued to practice Wednesday as he waits to be activated from injured reserve, where he landed after suffering a broken right wrist Sept. 16 against the New York Jets. Njoku said each of the past two weeks he’s ready to play.

“We just want to make sure that he’s ready to go,” Kitchens said. “That’s all because there’s no half stepping it. Once you’re at the game from that spot, he has to play. You’re limited on how many guys you can have at the game, so you need to make sure he can do all the things that he needs to do, not just in one area, but in all areas, especially at that position.”

Backup cornerback Robert Jackson (ankle) didn’t practice Wednesday after leaving the Steelers game.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/sports/201...tocol?nocache=1
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 05:59 PM
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 06:01 PM
Sounds like Njoku will be traded in the off season. You don't let your top TE sit the bench unless you have more faith in his replacement. Or Freddie screwing up again.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 06:10 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 06:14 PM
Prior to Mayfield not throwing a single pass all practice and wearing a wrap on his hand, Freddie says...

Pat Chiesa
@PatChiesa
Freddie Kitchens says Baker Mayfield (hand) will not be limited in practice today. #Browns
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Or Freddie screwing up again.

Dorsey controls the roster, not Freddie.
Freddie cannot activate Njoku off of IR if Dorsey doesn't allow it, and Freddie cannot keep him there if Dorsey wants him activated.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 06:30 PM
Freddie can say "John, we're good at TE for now?"; which is the only reason I can think of for not activating him by now unless he's going to be moved and we are looking at the others.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 06:44 PM
Freddy can give input, yes, but we all know Dorsey watches and evaluates on his own, and in the end it is his call.

Most likely, they're waiting for Njoku to be able to show things like being able to block as well as they guy they will likely have to release when they activate him. In a season where our line can't block as it is, removing one more blocker isn't going to do us any favors, no matter how many receiving threats we put on the field.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 08:40 PM
Sounds like Njoku will be traded in the off season. You don't let your top TE sit the bench unless you have more faith in his replacement. Or Freddie screwing up again.
Actually, ill give him the benefit of the doubt. Its possible his wrist is not up for blocking yet.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 08:41 PM
Freddie can say "John, we're good at TE for now?"; which is the only reason I can think of for not activating him by now unless he's going to be moved and we are looking at the others.

Oh dear God man.

And if their intent was to trade Njoku they would be trying to showcase him, not bury him on the bench.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 08:49 PM
Just a game or 3, not 5.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 12/04/19 08:52 PM
Sure, sure. To make his market value higher, showing him injured much longer would certainly help. I mean after all, that's what other teams are looking for, right?

I didn't really need purple for that one did I?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 11:57 AM

OR the team is afraid he can't handle his blocking asignments with the wrist.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 12:47 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

OR the team is afraid he can't handle his blocking asignments with the wrist.

Wait a minute...are you saying that Njoku COULD handle his blocking assignments when his wrist was healthy?

The message from the "team" on playing with injuries is very odd. Njoku says he's ready, but the team says he's not. (Really wish he would shut up about his being ready.) Higgins landed in the doghouse for saying he wasn't ready when the team said he was ready. Now Baker has a banged-up wrist and he's going to play even though he hasn't thrown a ball since Sunday.

I'm not saying that any of the decisions weren't justified...but the commentary is hard to sort out at times.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 03:11 PM
Quote:
Wait a minute...are you saying that Njoku COULD handle his blocking assignments when his wrist was healthy?

He tried lol He is better at blocking then when he came into the league. But if he gets out there and is afraid to stick his nose (and wrist)in there to block on passing or running plays, or rebreaks the wrist and misses time next season was it worth rushing him back in.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 04:50 PM
I'd say that it is only confusing if you try to apply some blanket catch-all interpretation to things. It really isn't confusing, in my opinion, if you treat each as it should be - as its own individual case that isn't affected or influenced by how other cases were decided.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 04:52 PM

Or he gave Dorsey a quid pro quo ...
Where is your evidence rofl

Good grief! ... Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Hey I got a great idea. Lets ask academics what their OPINION is. tsktsk
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 04:56 PM
j/c...

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 06:38 PM
Yes, but was he on target? :-p
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 07:11 PM
Baker Mayfield let it rip with ease Thursday.

The Browns’ quarterback was back taking his usual reps during the portion of practice open to reporters.

“Baker looked good,” head coach Freddie Kitchens said.

Mayfield was not limited Thursday morning and he plans to play Sunday against the Bengals “[Because] Mama didn’t raise a wuss.”

It was the first time Mayfield threw since suffering the injury during Sunday’s 20-13 loss to the Steelers.

“[Wednesday] was just give him a little break on some of the throws,” Kitchens said. “He's going to be fine.”

Mayfield injured his right hand following through on a deep ball to receiver Odell Beckham Jr. in the closing seconds of the first half Sunday in Pittsburgh. His hand hit the helmet and face mask of Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree.

Kitchens joked when asked how Mayfield threw Thursday while wearing the brace.

“It just fluttered,” Kitchens said with a laugh. “No, Baker's fine.”

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/baker-mayfield-hand-injury-practices-cincinnati-bengals
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 12/05/19 07:16 PM
Uh oh! Freddie told a joke. Prepare the firing squad!
Posted By: Dave Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 07:12 PM
David Njoku to be activated.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2823...ku-bengals-game
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 07:19 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Uh oh! Freddie told a joke. Prepare the firing squad!

I appreciate the sarcasm. However, that sarcasm would be much more appreciated if Freddie wasn't constantly stepping in poop. He has earned the bashing he gets. Hope he turns it around...not holding my breath tho.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 07:31 PM
I think there's a huge difference between criticism and bashing someone.

I can agree he deserves criticism. But I reserve bashing for people who rape women and kill people. People who abuse animals and the like.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 08:37 PM
j/c...

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 08:57 PM
I think there's a huge difference between criticism and bashing someone.

I can agree he deserves criticism. But I reserve bashing for people who rape women and kill people. People who abuse animals and the like.

I don't really care who is coaching as long as we win and contend. And call it whatever you want but when I knock him it's because he has it coming. I don't think I've liked any of the coaches we've had since the return for more than a season, most of them much less.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 09:00 PM
I'll say it again. People coming to a final conclusion on any coach who has only been a HC for 12 games is premature and little more than an emotional reaction.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 09:20 PM
I'll say it again. People coming to a final conclusion on any coach who has only been a HC for 12 games is premature and little more than an emotional reaction.
That's not bashing though. Saying he is inept is not bashing someone, its calling how you see them as a coach.

"Bashing" would be making personal comments about his looks, slow talk, etc. IDK many that have BASHED him, but many have called out his coaching ability. When your a HC in the NFL, being called inept at your job comes with the territory. Having your job questioned is part of it as well. I would suggest thicker skin if that bothers you.
Posted By: Dave Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 09:37 PM
I'm hoping Njoku's return will help the Browns' offense look less constipated in the red zone. Mayfield loves TEs in those situations and Njoku is a tough matchup for defenses inside the 20.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injury Report - 12/06/19 10:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 12/07/19 04:19 PM
Why oh why do people have such a hard time following a thread? I'm not the one who used the term bashing to begin with. I was responding to WSU who stated this.....

Quote:
He has earned the bashing he gets.

rolleyesdevil
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/07/19 06:54 PM
j/c...

From yesterday's practice....

Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Injury Report - 12/07/19 07:20 PM
No A.J. Green or Hubbard is good to hear ...
Posted By: Dave Re: Injury Report - 12/08/19 04:09 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/08/19 04:10 PM
Is Hubbard out?
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Injury Report - 12/08/19 05:39 PM
Yes, for both teams.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/08/19 05:50 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing if we have a young guy or unproven that could challenge for the RT spot.
© DawgTalkers.net