DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Post game - 12/08/19 09:19 PM
We won because of Chubb, Hunt, and our defense.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

I'm pretty sure we won because the Bengals are terrible.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:21 PM
We won ugly but WE WON thumbsup
Posted By: Swish Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:21 PM
Our passing game was non existent today. But that’s fine because we should’ve always been a run first team from the jump.

I’m glad we won, ALWAYS glad we win. But damn, this made the Pittsburgh loss that much more painful. We should be 7-6 and in the drivers seat for the 6th seed. Instead we gotta keep rooting for other teams to save us.

Sorry about not sounding excited about a win but’s it’s the now 1-12 bengals.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I'm pretty sure we won because the Bengals are terrible.

That too.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:22 PM
Feels depressing.

We put them one game closer to Burrow.

Baker played like crap.

Freddie coached like crap.

Go Browns!
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:23 PM
I’m still calling BS on that Njoku interception/fumble in the first quarter. That was a completed pass. Sure, we pick-6 them soon after, but that overturn was awful.

Outside of that, we won and we still have a chance for 9-7. I want 9 wins.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:23 PM
We won despite Freddie
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I’m still calling BS on that Njoku interception/fumble in the first quarter. That was a completed pass. Sure, we pick-6 them soon after, but that overturn was awful.

Outside of that, we won and we still have a chance for 9-7. I want 9 wins.

Should have been a completed pass down by contact.

The announcer crew and the ref crew were the Z team.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:24 PM
I don’t think the veterans players on this team believe in this coaching staff or the game plan
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:27 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I don’t think the veterans players on this team believe in this coaching staff or the game plan

Who is your source?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Who is your source?

The results?

Body language?

Leaks?
Posted By: The Big G Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:30 PM
Man, I don’t think we have our coach, I am not sure we have our QB and I would imagine OBJ will try to force his way out. Glad we won, but this team is ... not that good.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:30 PM
My mid week prediction...Ward expresses concussion like symptoms. He either got kneed or kicked in the head when he went out for a play.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:31 PM
Our Run Game is so good its a shame our coach doesn't know that ...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
My mid week prediction...Ward expresses concussion like symptoms. He either got kneed or kicked in the head when he went out for a play.

I saw the same thing. I was shocked when he went back in the game.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:34 PM
First, I really enjoyed listening to Tiki talk about concepts r.e running the football.

The female announcer’s voice was hard to listen to at first, but after awhile I got used to her. And she also has a decent sense of humour and a feel for the game.

Baker was up and down. The first INT wasn’t an INT. I don’t know what the hell the reasoning for that call was.

But he made some big time throws too, even if his numbers weren’t great. The late screen to Landry was a nice example of patience, even if our blocker could have been called for a penalty.

Our lack of running the football in the first half was disconcerting. We have the NFL’s leading rusher, plus Hunt, and we run it like six times or so.

Seibert with a big 53-yarder there in the fourth.

Oh and I like the sideline demeanour of the bengals‘ coach. He looks like he has it together.

We still have a chance, however small, & we stay alive for one more week.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:34 PM
This feels like a loss, but I'll take the win.

Bungles play hard.

Browns simply survived.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:35 PM
The 180 in offensive play calls probably wasn't Freddie having an epiphany. Someone probably got in his face and pointed out to him what we actually have in our backfield and to utilize them properly. Game planning borders on the absurd most games.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:36 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

And yet despite that, Chubb leads the League in rushing before the game.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:38 PM
I didn't see any big time throws from Baker.

Looked like he wasn't up for this game to me.

And his slow eyes were particularly bad today.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
First, I really enjoyed listening to Tiki talk about concepts r.e running the football.

The female announcer’s voice was hard to listen to at first, but after awhile I got used to her. And she also has a decent sense of humour and a feel for the game.

Baker was up and down. The first INT wasn’t an INT. I don’t know what the hell the reasoning for that call was.

But he made some big time throws too, even if his numbers weren’t great. The late screen to Landry was a nice example of patience, even if our blocker could have been called for a penalty.

Our lack of running the football in the first half was disconcerting. We have the NFL’s leading rusher, plus Hunt, and we run it like six times or so.

Seibert with a big 53-yarder there in the fourth.

Oh and I like the sideline demeanour of the bengals‘ coach. He looks like he has it together.

We still have a chance, however small, & we stay alive for one more week.

That was the biggest kick of his young career. I hope it gives hime confidence going forwards.

Where was Higgins?
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

All a credit to the man that Nick Chubb is. He IS the epitome of what we've always considered to be a Brown.
Posted By: BarkinMad Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:42 PM
Well, good win for the Browns over our interstate/divisional rivals the Bungals. However, as for the playoffs, I don't see much chance of this team winning out and getting the help needed to make that last wildcard spot.

These wins now will only serve to knock our draft pick down the ladder, I just hope when the draft comes around that there is still some good OL on the board when we pick.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:45 PM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt

All a credit to the man that Nick Chubb is. He IS the epitome of what we've always considered to be a Brown.

I was never personally happier with a Draft pick, than when we picked Nick Nick Chubb, and Hunt was may guy the year before.

Byner was another, because I personally saw him play @ East Carolina, but Chubb is a special talent.

Now if we could use the correctly.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:46 PM
Siebert 2-2 including a Big 53 Yarder

Chubb 15 Car. 106 Yards 7.1 YPC 1 Rec. 11 Yards O TD's

Hunt 9 Car. 28 Yards 3.1 YPC 2 Rec. 40 Yards 1 TD

Landry 4 Rec. 76 Yards 19.0 YPC

Baker 11-24 192 Yards 8.0 Per Catch 0 TD's 2 INT's 2 Carries 13 Yards 6.5 YPC 1 TD Baker made plays to help us win ...

Denzel Ward 1 INT 61 Yards 1 TD played well overall

Jamie Gillan's 54 Yard Punt was Huge at the time he punted it

Freddie Needs Help Wilk's Needs help
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:51 PM
I didn't see any big time throws from Baker.

Looked like he wasn't up for this game to me.

And his slow eyes were particularly bad today.

“Big time” I admit might be overstating it, but he made plays when he had to. The little screen to Landry, the TD run, the 3rd and 20 completion to Jarvis for a first down.

Like I said, his numbers weren’t good but when he had to, he made plays.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:53 PM
Originally Posted By: BarkinMad
Well, good win for the Browns over our interstate/divisional rivals the Bungals. However, as for the playoffs, I don't see much chance of this team winning out and getting the help needed to make that last wildcard spot.

These wins now will only serve to knock our draft pick down the ladder, I just hope when the draft comes around that there is still some good OL on the board when we pick.

I don't like that strategy. We have too many teams behind us looking at a top ten selection.

I think that we should playout the season and let the chips fall where they fall.

Guys like Wilson and Redwine, who put together another good game today, will be better served playing on a team who has the fight still in them imo.

Moral is important.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:54 PM
We won despite Freddie

Agreed. Always happy for a win. Regardless, Freddie has to go.

On to Arizona.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:56 PM
A win next week gives a shot at a non losing season for the first time since 2007 smile
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
The 180 in offensive play calls probably wasn't Freddie having an epiphany. Someone probably got in his face and pointed out to him what we actually have in our backfield and to utilize them properly. Game planning borders on the absurd most games.

EXACTLY
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:57 PM
Originally Posted By: The Beast
We won despite Freddie

Agreed. Always happy for a win. Regardless, Freddie has to go.

On to Arizona.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to change coaches again but man he is just not very good ...
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 09:58 PM
Originally Posted By: BarkinMad

I don't like that strategy. We have too many teams behind us looking at a top ten selection.

I think that we should playout the season and let the chips fall where they fall.

Guys like Wilson and Redwine, who put together another good game today, will be better served playing on a team who has the fight still in them imo.

Moral is important.

So it morale. wink

But I agree with you. Win as much as possible, keep stacking good vibes, learning to win. We are the third youngest team in the NFL, the announcers said today. Winning is a learned trait.
Posted By: Dave Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:02 PM
I don't get the "style points" mentality on this board. This is the NFL; it's hard to win games, and we won today. However dim our playoff chances may be, they still exist. We're playing meaningful games in December.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:09 PM
This team is not fun to watch. THe players don't look like they want to be out there.
Last 8 games last year was fun. I enjoyed watching and the players looked they wanted to be there.

Kendall Lamm started at RT today
Anyone wiht an assessment of how he did?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:10 PM
It’s a win.

I only got to hear the game today but 3 rush attempts for each, Chubb and Hunt in the first half is ridiculous. After Chubbs big run, the crowd chanting his name over and over sounded like they were trying to get Kitchens to put him back in.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:10 PM
j'c:

This team needs to announce a Joe Schobert contract extension for some good PR to combat today's win.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:11 PM
We won, that’s all that matters ... we’ve longed for wins for so long that I won’t take it for granted.

It seemed like we kinda “figured” we’d win all day and just did enough to do so. Almost like a student who just needs a C and coasts until the test
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
We won, that’s all that matters ... we’ve longed for wins for so long that I won’t take it for granted.

It seemed like we kinda “figured” we’d win all day and just did enough to do so. Almost like a student who just needs a C and coasts until the test

Your most positive post ever.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:16 PM
Feels depressing.

We put them one game closer to Burrow.

Logic always says take the QB, but either way we will face either Burrow or Chase Young twice a season for the next decade. Pick your poison.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:18 PM

I didn't think our defense looked good at all. Little to no pressure on Dalton and we struggled to stop Mixon.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:20 PM
The Bengals Hurt Themselves With More Than We Did They Had 8-99 We Had 6-30 Not Use To That superconfused
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:21 PM
We won, but we should have played better. Baker looks like a middle of the road player, I am not sold on him as a franchise QB.

Freddie needs shot for not running the ball down their throat from the get go.

The defense, just as it has been for decades, after we score, let the other team drive right down the field. It's like clockwork.

Well let's hope Arizona can somehow beat Pittsburgh.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:35 PM
We have won four out of our last five games.

In Chuck Knolls first year as an NFL HC, he had a record of 1-13

In Bill Walsh first year as an NFL HC, he had a record of 2-14

In Jimmy Johnson's first year as an NFL HC he was 1-15.

Our QB hasn't been playing quite up to par and we've still won four out of our last five games with a rookie HC and all I see is doom and gloom.

Could it be the fans as much as anything else?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:37 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Our QB hasn't been playing quite up to par and we've still won four out of our last five games with a rookie HC and all I see is doom and gloom.

Tom Landrey was 0-11-1 smile
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:41 PM
Baker criticized medical staff after the game for not handling OBJ injury in off season.

LOL
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:42 PM
That in no way changes what I posted. I posted NFL HC's who turned out to be great that started off with a terrible record. Much worse than Freddie.

That doesn't in any way indicate that Freddie will ever be great. What it does do is tell you that everyone jumping to conclusions this early in the process have no clue either way.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:46 PM
Of course he did lol
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:48 PM

No matter how many times you post that stats,there are still meaningless to the present situation.But,I have learned something that maybe helpful in trivia pursuit.
Posted By: ThomasE Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:48 PM
I imagine those coaches had much much less to work with than freddie...there is no excuse for his ineptitude and failure to adapt
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:48 PM
Baker criticized medical staff after the game for not handling OBJ injury in off season.

LOL

How dare he. I guess another Black Mark against Baker. Tsk tsk.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:50 PM
You don't think that's a bit much and something that should be kept in house?
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:53 PM
pit, Bill belichick was 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 here s first three years with the browns. But it seems to me you are trying to bring rationality to a bunch of irrational folks. Probably won’t work. But thanks for trying.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:55 PM

I THINK BAKER SHOULD BE CUT TOMORROW FOR IT. GOOD GOD HE'LL BE TALKING ABOUT OTHER PLAYERS WHEN THEY DEMAND A TRADE NEXT.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:57 PM
Of course the other thing to do might be to see what he actually said ... you know, verbatim, as opposed to some click bate that implied Baker said the medical staff should all be fired.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game - 12/08/19 10:59 PM

Where was Higgins?

On a milk carton.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:00 PM
Our passing game was non existent today. But that’s fine because we should’ve always been a run first team from the jump.

I’m glad we won, ALWAYS glad we win. But damn, this made the Pittsburgh loss that much more painful. We should be 7-6 and in the drivers seat for the 6th seed. Instead we gotta keep rooting for other teams to save us.

Sorry about not sounding excited about a win but’s it’s the now 1-12 bengals.

No need to be sorry. We are all a little disappointed in how the season has played out.

Yes, we have a playoff hope, but it is so slim it's like saying you have hope to hit a big lotto win.

Now it is just win as many more as we can and look towards next year.

At least we aren't hoping to win a game and not go winless….and this isn't some attempt to bring up Hue or anything like that. I am just saying we have won some games, but should have won several more.

I was one who wanted to hire Williams. He deserves a second shot. When we hired Freddie, I was good with that.

I have to admit I am disappointed in Freddie at this point, but not calling for his removal. That said, if it happens, I won't be upset.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:00 PM
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
pit, Bill belichick was 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 here s first three years with the browns. But it seems to me you are trying to bring rationality yo a big MVH of irrational folks. Probably won’t work. But thanks for trying.

I am. But I never expected it to do any good. I've been around here too long for that. wink

Just like everyone has been, and some still are, continuing to dog OBJ when come to find out he's had a groin injury and has been toughing it out. Still on target to break a thousand yards even while playing with a painful and nagging injury.

Once the war party forms it's hard to slow down the battle you know will continue.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:05 PM
Our D stunk it up. Lousy prep or scheme, not sure, but they refuse to get off the field. And passes were missed or dropped, not defensed. Lousy level of play. Our typical gold standard for tackling.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:06 PM
I agree with this assessment.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Our D stunk it up. Lousy prep or scheme, not sure, but they refuse to get off the field. And passes were missed or dropped, not defensed. Lousy level of play. Our typical gold standard for tackling.

Yep. That's pretty much exactly what I said. Thanks for the validation.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:14 PM
I am not on OBJ, bet he and others didn't work hard enough off season.

Baker came off a long season being drafted, combines, playing a season, then getting married. It cost him.

The guy gained weight, and at his age he shouldn't be gaining weight. That is more a age 32 type deal.

He is looking trimmer now, so I expect good things next year.

It is what it is. We have a rookie head coach, a youg QB who is now seeing what it takes.

I am remaining positive. Lets see what happens the rest of the way and the first 6-8 games next year.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:17 PM
We didn't beat the Bengals today .. the Bengals beat themselves. They pulled a Browns stunt, their running game was working, then with 1st and goal from the 2, they passed the ball for 3 straight plays and went backwards, ended up settling for a field goal.

The Bengals out-rushed the Browns and out-passed The Browns. If not for a couple of debatable penalties, The game could have been very very different. Freddy isn't ready, but he did get lucky today...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:17 PM
I actually agree with you. Like everyone I'm disappointed in how the season has played out thus far. But some of the factors you have mentioned along with new ones I have learned make it more understandable.

Freddie should improve, Baker should improve, getting Myles back will help and OBJ should be healthy next season. All positive signs.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:18 PM
Actually our D had several red zone stands that decided the game. They didn't beat themselves. Our D held them to field goals when it mattered.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:23 PM
I don't feel those red zone stands were the result of good defense, I saw them as the Bengals choking, not the Browns D holding them. Don't get me wrong .. I was glad to see the Bengals choke, but I do not expect that to happen in Cincy ..
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:36 PM
19.5 points allowed sense Myles suspension should we shoot him or stone him to death
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I am remaining positive. Lets see what happens the rest of the way ...

Unlike you, I have lost confidence in our ability to win, particularly against the better teams. There are multiple reasons for feeling this way, most of which have been previously expressed by others. Make no mistake: I always hope the Browns win. Although it would be great to win our last three games, I believe we finish 0-3, perhaps 1-2 (and if that win came against the Ravens, I would be ecstatic). I really thought we would take command over a visiting 1-11 team, but....no.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
I don't feel those red zone stands were the result of good defense, I saw them as the Bengals choking, not the Browns D holding them. Don't get me wrong .. I was glad to see the Bengals choke, but I do not expect that to happen in Cincy ..

Those redzone stands wouldn't be necessary if they could play defense on the rest of the field. Everytime we score the defense gives up a long scoring drive. It's maddening and has been happening for years with every defense we've had.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I THINK BAKER SHOULD BE CUT TOMORROW FOR IT. GOOD GOD HE'LL BE TALKING ABOUT OTHER PLAYERS WHEN THEY DEMAND A TRADE NEXT.

Instead of answering that way, why not just answer the question?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:46 PM

Yes, the Bengals have but one win.

However, when they showed the scores of the Bengals. They were very close in most of their games.

Dalton is not a bad quarterback. He has had very little to work with. I am not saying he is great but he is competent.

One thing I noticed was I thought Kendall Lamm played pretty well. He showed quicker feet than Hubbard.

Chubb is an outstanding back.

I am totally confused about the call with Njoku?? Int.?? How can that be possible? Receiver ball on chest, back on ground, then the guy takes the ball? How is that not down by contact; completed pass?

3rd and two Bengal ball. They spread the line with a huge gap in the middle. Immediately I thought quarterback keep and run up the middle. There was no one within 15 yards. The middle was entirely open. Dalton got the snap from shotgun and ran right up the middle, slid, first down. Sometimes I look at our defensive alignment and wonder what is Wilks doing?

Unless you have the right camera angle. You can not see the routes unless there is a replay. Then I see the routes and my thoughts question play design. On one play Odell ran a route in the end zone and I am wondering what kind of route is that? It was kind of a button hook but far from crisp.

Baker has to learn to move guys with his eyes. He has tendency to stare in one direction. Not all the time. The problem is he will go to a second read but he begins by staring at his first. On some plays he will stare at Odell and throw there no matter what.

With experience and knowledge hopefully he will learn to look away first from his primary read.

A win is a win. Freddie had to have this game.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:48 PM
Freddie's coaching has been a total fiasco.

Not easy to say that being a Bama fan.

We need Rivera, McCarthy, Myer or Lincoln Riley.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:49 PM
- Getting home from the game. Stadium about 2/3 full.

- Browns eek out a win agains a really bad team.

- Good thing Zac Taylor didn't give the ball to Mixon at the goal line.

- Browns struggled to stop Mixon all day. Struggled to cover Boyd as well.

- Watching the Browns two minute offense before the half continues to be painful.

- Bengals ran 72 plays to our 52.

- Time of Possession - Bengals: 34:31, Browns: 25:29. Not good.

- Bengals total yards 451. Browns total yards 333.

- OBJ only 5 targets and 2 catches for 39 yards. Never threw to him and he had single coverage multiple times. He'll ask for a trade. Clearly annoyed with his situation.

- After Baker scored a TD, OBJ noticeably didn't bother going to congratulate him. He's frustrated with his role.

- Denzel gets a pick 6 after an overthrow by Dalton.

- Sheldon Richardson played well.

- Seibert was good.

- The Browns look(ed) like they are going through the motions at this point. Very uninspired football today. The team with more talent won.

- Week 13 and there are more questions than answers.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post game - 12/08/19 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
19.5 points allowed sense Myles suspension should we shoot him or stone him to death

Brian Cox is playing some good football
Posted By: Dave Re: Post game - 12/09/19 12:09 AM
Chad Thomas has flashed some too.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/09/19 12:22 AM
Depressing recap Milk.

Depressing season.

Everytime Baker sees Odell is one on one that should be option A. Wonder why it's not.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 12/09/19 12:24 AM
Agreed
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post game - 12/09/19 12:49 AM

The main problem is that none of the guys you mention are listed as coordinators on either side of the ball during their tenures as head coaches for their respective NFL teams. Kitchens is trying to LEARN how to be a head coach AND call the plays in his FIRST season. I think we can all agree that he has been less than effective in BOTH positions. It is simply TOO much for the guy. The lack of leadership, lack of discipline and continued egotistical (or just being stubborn or flat out incompetent) play calling demonstrates that. His lack of ability to identify his team's strengths and weaknesses on both sides of the ball if further evidence of his lack of overall ability to be an effective head coach when it comes to game planning. His clock management and use of challenges/timeouts are also questionable (on the whole).

For me, it's not just the record. It's whether I believe he can develop into a solid leader and effective game strategist for the Browns. Given his ego (which I identify as one these guys who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room) I say no.

The Browns need a leader of men and a really good football mind to get thru each game. I'm hoping that John Dorsey finds that man in the off season. Freddie Kitchens isn't leading the Browns to any long term success. Again, JMO.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post game - 12/09/19 12:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I don't get the "style points" mentality on this board. This is the NFL; it's hard to win games, and we won today. However dim our playoff chances may be, they still exist. We're playing meaningful games in December.

Yep. People just amaze me. "But we just aren't winning good enough!"

Every team has tough wins. Every team has wins they barely eke out. We won a game, and it sounds like we haven't won 1 game yet this year.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post game - 12/09/19 12:52 AM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j'c:

This team needs to announce a Joe Schobert contract extension for some good PR to combat today's win.

rofl (Tho I do wish they would get an extension done for Joe)
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:03 AM
I ask the same question to my Dad every single week...we have one of the best running backs in the league and one of the best 1/2 punches in the league, why don't we run the ball WAY more often? Is it an ego thing with Freddie or just plain ignorance?
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:07 AM
Also, I think it summed up OBJ's complete frustration with this team when we walked off the field after the play when we were close to our own end zone and he had his man BEAT for a possible TD and Baker seemingly never looked his way.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
I ask the same question to my Dad every single week...we have one of the best running backs in the league and one of the best 1/2 punches in the league, why don't we run the ball WAY more often? Is it an ego thing with Freddie or just plain ignorance?

I side with ego. However, he may just be incompetent. Either way, I've seen enough and I would rather not see any more of it past this season. It doesn't lead the Browns where they want to go as an organization.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:08 AM
Did you know we lost?

We must have, I just heard Mike Tirico say we lost.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:29 AM
Is it an ego thing with Freddie or just plain ignorance?

I'm going to go with ignorance.

There is rarely any flow/rhythm to the offense after the scripted plays to start game.

The play calls seem randomly chosen, as in, "oh yeah, we have Hunt, let's give him the ball here. Ah, I forgot we haven't thrown to Landry in awhile let's get him a target now," etc..
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:33 AM
Also, I think it summed up OBJ's complete frustration with this team when we walked off the field after the play when we were close to our own end zone and he had his man BEAT for a possible TD and Baker seemingly never looked his way.

I mentioned this in my post. OBJ had his guy 1 on 1 for the TD. Baker looked his way and then went elsewhere.

Next play Baker runs it in for a TD and OBJ walks off the field and doesn't even bother celebrating with team or congratulating Baker. He was clearly annoyed.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

I mentioned this in my post. OBJ had his guy 1 on 1 for the TD. Baker looked his way and then went elsewhere.

Next play Baker runs it in for a TD and OBJ walks off the field and doesn't even bother celebrating with team or congratulating Baker. He was clearly annoyed.

Great team player.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:36 AM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Instead of answering that way, why not just answer the question?

Baker already walking back his comments disparaging the medical staff.

It's always something with this team....

Posted By: Dave Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

Great team player.

Get him outta here - he belongs in the NBA.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:38 AM
Depressing recap Milk.

Depressing season.

Everytime Baker sees Odell is one on one that should be option A. Wonder why it's not.

There’s zero camaraderie between Baker and his receivers. Yes Jarvis has some huge games, but by and large theQB and WRs don’t look like they enjoy playing with each other.

This team IS simply going through the motions. As a team they had no real interest in playing today and I think many players wouldn’t be upset if the season ended tomorrow. If it weren’t for a handful of guys who did come to play we would have gotten trounced.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:54 AM
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

This team IS simply going through the motions. As a team they had no real interest in playing today and I think many players wouldn’t be upset if the season ended tomorrow.

It sure looked that way to me too
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:03 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Every team has tough wins. Every team has wins they barely eke out. We won a game, and it sounds like we haven't won 1 game yet this year.

It’s got nothing to do with style points. With the exception of the 49ers loss, every other loss has been self inflicted. That shows we have the talent to be a top tier team competing with Baltimore for the Division. With that kind of talent you’ll have to excuse the rest of us who don’t get excited when we can barely handle a bottom team.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:09 AM
There’s zero camaraderie between Baker and his receivers. Yes Jarvis has some huge games, but by and large the QB and WRs don’t look like they enjoy playing with each other.

This team IS simply going through the motions. As a team they had no real interest in playing today and I think many players wouldn’t be upset if the season ended tomorrow. If it weren’t for a handful of guys who did come to play we would have gotten trounced.

If this is the case, then the head coach needs to step in and be a leader. "You don't have to like each other but you will respect each other. Then maybe, just maybe we'll learn to play this game like men." You do whatever it takes to bring guys together for the betterment of the TEAM. The success of the TEAM comes before all else in winning organizations. If you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Period.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:11 AM

It’s got nothing to do with style points. With the exception of the 49ers loss, every other loss has been self inflicted. That shows we have the talent to be a top tier team competing with Baltimore for the Division. With that kind of talent you’ll have to excuse the rest of us who don’t get excited when we can barely handle a bottom team.

Bingo! We don't inspire much confidence...
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:13 AM
There’s zero camaraderie between Baker and his receivers. Yes Jarvis has some huge games, but by and large the QB and WRs don’t look like they enjoy playing with each other.

If this is the case, then the head coach needs to step in and be a leader. "You don't have to like each other but you will respect each other. Then maybe, just maybe we'll learn to play this game like men." You do whatever it takes to bring guys together for the betterment of the TEAM. The success of the TEAM comes before all else in winning organizations. If you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Period.

It's a little late in the game for Freddie to try and be a leader all of sudden.

This is the same clown who told his team all week to put the past in the past and focus only on the game ahead ( Browns vs Pitt 2.0) and proceeds to be photographed wearing a Pittsburgh started it shirt.

The players clearly do not respect Freddie. There is a mountain of evidence throughout the season indicating as such (see DC's list for reference if needed).
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:18 AM

And you’ve nailed the exact solution to the problem.

But that’s not who Freddie is or what his actual philosophy was when he was molding this team. He preaches about “team “ but from the beginning had a policy of letting the players be who they wanted to be. You can’t promote individuality then wonder why they are a group instead of a team.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Did you know we lost?

We must have, I just heard Mike Tirico say we lost.

IIRC The NY times called us a dumpster fire on twitter ... after the game/win ... over OBJ.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:48 AM

Here's the play....

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:01 AM
Yep...

Posted By: jfanent Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:10 AM
What's a Cody Suek?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:17 AM
j/c...

Sheesh...

https://twitter.com/Steve_R_Walker/status/1203873403532390400

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:19 AM
Posted By: Swish Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:20 AM

Man just stop. People used that same exact argument with hue Jackson.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:25 AM
Also, I want to remind the board that while you guys are complaining about defense, we’re ranked 15th coming into the game, and we might be having a completely different conversation had Ward not had a pick 6.

We did not play well today.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:49 AM
Also, I want to remind the board that while you guys are complaining about defense, we’re ranked 15th coming into the game, and we might be having a completely different conversation had Ward not had a pick 6.

We did not play well today.

Agreed. Not only should this game not be decided by the luck of a defensive TD, but if that didn’t happen that early and the Bengals jump out for a score this team would have folded like a cheap suit like last week and any other time a team smacks us in the face
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:52 AM
Depressing recap Milk.

Depressing season.

There’s zero camaraderie between Baker and his receivers. Yes Jarvis has some huge games, but by and large theQB and WRs don’t look like they enjoy playing with each other.

This is not even speculation, it's pure projection. You have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm calling you on it. You, sir, have no idea what is going on between the player, or what is going on between their ears. You're simply spouting nonsensical tripe based on the irrelevant fact you don't like how they won today.

On another note, did anyone besides me notice the last field goal the Bengals kicked happened after the play clock ran out?
Posted By: homer_brown Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:03 AM
And if several things didn't bounce Cincy's way it would of been different also.

I get it, they didn't play great. However, they won.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:13 AM
Stats don't show just what this D is all about .. Mixon ran for 6.3 yards per carry ( 143 yards ) Wilks 4/2 can't multi task period ..

Ya ever wonder what this Team would look like under hard ass Williams ?

Dorsey need to check some of his ego at the door and hire a STRONG Coach not a yes man .
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:14 AM
Actually our D had several red zone stands that decided the game. They didn't beat themselves. Our D held them to field goals when it mattered.

Teams like the Pats/BAL win games like this against teams like CLE all the time.

Ugly or not, I'll take wins like this all the time.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:50 AM
When I watch the Browns, I never feel confident about anything they do. In the second half of the season last year .. I did. About the only things I feel good about is Chubb/Hunt and Landry. Everything else is a coin toss, as likely to go bad as it is good. It is funny, I do not feel that way watching any other teams, just the Browns, and the Browns are my team...
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 05:19 AM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Depressing recap Milk.

Depressing season.

This is not even speculation, it's pure projection. You have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm calling you on it. You, sir, have no idea what is going on between the player, or what is going on between their ears. You're simply spouting nonsensical tripe based on the irrelevant fact you don't like how they won today.

On another note, did anyone besides me notice the last field goal the Bengals kicked happened after the play clock ran out?

Actually i do have some idea. A decade as a street cop has put me in direct contact with literally thousands of people. That’s thousands of opportunities to pay attention to what they say, how they say it, the context of what they say, what they don’t say, their posture, body language etc. all that combined can give you a pretty good idea about a persons demeanor and general mental and emotional states. I’m well qualified to make observations and speculate.

Second, I’ll stack my “tripe” against your “call out” on this topic as I’m not the only one to make these observations.

What you call me projecting is nothing more than you denying what’s in front of your nose. How are you going to criticize me or anyone else for not being happier about this win when the very players I’m talking about are barely happy about it themselves?

And yeah, how we win does matter. It’s not like we ground out a brutal, all or nothing game against the Patriots. It matters because our coach is either to egotistical or inept and will not carry over anything we start to establish to the next week.

But I guess I’m just full of it because god forbid I want to my team to demonstrate a level of competence and consistency it is capable of over a lesser opponent.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 12/09/19 05:22 AM
Depressing recap Milk.

Depressing season.

And the big thing that has changed is OBJ because NOBODY felt that last year. Hunt seems to be fitting in nicely while OBJ seems to have one foot out the door. If he is still on the team next year, I'll root for his success but if he becomes a high draft pick, I think I'll be happier. Just wonder how that might affect Landry....

Starting to lose confidence in Wilkes.. our defense stood up in the redzone but got gashed up and down the field.. Watching our defense without Myles reminds me of watching the Cavs without LeBron... there should not be THAT BIG of a drop off.

Baker has looked better lately but he still throws every pass like Nolan Ryan trying to get the last out in the world series. It's impacting his accuracy and balls are sailing.... if you have to throw it 100 mph to get it in there, here's a thought, throw it somewhere else. His high throws to guys in traffic is going to get a WR killed..

Our DBs continue to throw themselves at people instead of trying to tackle them.

I have no idea why we continue to try to pass to set up the run instead of the other way around.. baffling.

The Bengals coach made a lot of the same mistakes Freddie makes.... Mixon was gouging us all day, they get to 1st and goal from the 3, try throw, get sacked and have no chance to ever give Mixon the ball, kick FG.. He and Freddie both are trying to outthink the world rather than go with what's working and end up looking stupid..

Glad we won, glad Ward got a TD, glad Seibert make a long kick, glad Chubb got over 100 yards again.. but still far too many question marks for this late in the season, this stuff should be worked out.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:16 AM
J/C

I think next year, after Cincy drafts Joe Burrows, that we'll have by far the worst QB in the AFC North. That doesn't bode well for our long-term success.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:17 AM

rofl

That's good stuff right there. He gone...
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:22 AM
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06
J/C

I think next year, after Cincy drafts Joe Burrows, that we'll have by far the worst QB in the AFC North. That doesn't bode well for our long-term success.

I think we will be fine with Baker. In less than 2 years he has 61.6% career completion percentage, thrown for 6,834 yards, 42 TD vs 30 INT, 81.6% QB Rating. That is far from worst QB in the Conference. Heck, he is 3 wins to 1 loss in the same conference just this year.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:46 AM
I wish the NFL would get its head out of its tail and go with the college model for replay.

It is way more efficient and accurate.

The NFL’s approach makes no sense and is a farce.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 12/09/19 10:26 AM

Here's the play....

OBJ literally doesn’t care one iota here ... hate that
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post game - 12/09/19 11:40 AM
Yep...

This was so true. They looked so discouraged.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 11:48 AM
Yep...

Of course they were discouraged.. They were outplayed .. outgained .. both in passing and rushing yardage .. by 451 yards to 333 in total yardage.. as well as time of possession... except for some coaching mistakes and some badly timed penalties, Cincinnati would have won the game. You can't crow and beat your chest when you know you should have lost the game.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post game - 12/09/19 11:55 AM
Yep...

Of course they were discouraged.. They were outplayed .. outgained .. both in passing and rushing yardage .. by 451 yards to 333 in total yardage.. except for some coaching mistakes and some badly timed penalties, Cincinnati would have won the game. You can't crow and beat your chest when you know you should have lost the game.

Why not? Aaron Rodgers did in their lackluster win over the Redskins. He said that every game in the NFL is tough and sometimes you win ugly....and that he's going to celebrate another victory tonight. Cripe, it seems that every Pats win is ugly, lol.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/09/19 12:24 PM
Yep...

I actually think this is a good sign long term.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/09/19 12:57 PM
We literally went 3 quarters (end of half last week and first q this week) with giving Chubb I think 7 total carries.

If people still want to say Freddie deserves a shot, Idk what to tell you. I literally wanted to punch him in the face yesterday watching that game unfold.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:13 PM
j/c

Was at the game (got to watch it in a suite, which was ... sweet). Even when we were ahead, it didn't feel like it.

- D bent, but did not break. Seemed like little pressure on Dalton, but also seemed as though we did not dial it up, either. I still have no idea why we did not blitz the crap out of Duck the previous week.

- D seemed uninspired. After Duck completed a couple of prayers in the 2nd quarter last week, the D look like they folded. Looks like it carried over to this game.

- Tackling is horrendous.

- Why do we take the KO out of the end zone as often as we do?

- I feel that first int, off of Njoku, was bogus. Since when is a guy who is taken down and on his back not down? And I am sure the original call on the field was a fumble, which would have made less sense.

- That second pick was a bad throw by Baker. He had a bad game. End of story.

- The int that got overturned ... surprised me. Was absolutely the right call, but I was not expecting it.

- All I need to know about Grossi - on the way home we were listening to the radio and Grossi said he did not see any pass interference on the int that was overturned. Riiiiight.

- What was the Bengals challenging at the end of the game, where they lost their last time out? The long YAC with Landry? We could not figure it out. We were thinking maybe they thought there was an illegal man downfield. But that is not challengable, correct?

- Made it to my first SaintDawg tailgate. Awesome atmosphere, awesome people.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:32 PM
Yep...

I actually think this is a good sign long term.

Never thought of it that way. You are right it means they care about getting better. And that there are problems that can and should be fixed.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:47 PM
its not a good thing at all.. that means the culture being built is not one of support and encouragement. This is a worse locker room than anything under Hue
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/09/19 01:48 PM
Quote:

- What was the Bengals challenging at the end of the game, where they lost their last time out? The long YAC with Landry? We could not figure it out. We were thinking maybe they thought there was an illegal man downfield. But that is not challengable, correct?

yes, they were challenging that, and frankly - they should have won it. lol
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:00 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:

Offensive pass interference
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Post game - 12/09/19 02:00 PM
Quote:

Technically, I believe they challenged for uncalled "offensive pass interference" since illegal man downfield is not able to be challenged. But yes, the fact that we had an OL down field and blocking before Landry caught the ball is exactly WHAT they were challenging - and they should have won it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:01 PM
j/c...

Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:43 PM
Quote:

Landry caught it behind the line of scrimmage, so can't have men downfield.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:50 PM

Spot on Cal.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:59 PM

Please.

Burrows has not played a game in the NFL.

I mean come on man. Predictions like that are like Sunday "expert picks."

Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Post game - 12/09/19 03:59 PM
bengals werent challenging illegal man down field .. they were challenging offensive PI..

Landry was wide open bc Browns TE (Carlson??) blocked/picked off the Bengals DB before Landry even caught the ball.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:04 PM
j/c...

Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:11 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Quote:

The TE was blocking before the ball was caught, which would be OPI if I am not mistaken.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:15 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Yep...

Of course they were discouraged.. They were outplayed .. outgained .. both in passing and rushing yardage .. by 451 yards to 333 in total yardage.. except for some coaching mistakes and some badly timed penalties, Cincinnati would have won the game. You can't crow and beat your chest when you know you should have lost the game.

Why not? Aaron Rodgers did in their lackluster win over the Redskins. He said that every game in the NFL is tough and sometimes you win ugly....and that he's going to celebrate another victory tonight. Cripe, it seems that every Pats win is ugly, lol.

Aaron Rodgers plays for a team that's 10-3 and played one poor game and won ugly. If the Browns were 10-3 and headed to the playoffs and had one off game that was ugly, the team would be very happy about getting away with one.... but that's not the case.

The Browns fully understand, as they should, that each and every week they leave a lot of good football on the field... with only a couple of exceptions, they either win ugly or lose uglier.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:35 PM
its not a good thing at all.. that means the culture being built is not one of support and encouragement. This is a worse locker room than anything under Hue

I disagree. How many times have we seen this team win meaningless games in December and act like they won the lottery.

The fact these guys know they are underachieving is a good thing. Now it's all what do they do about it.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:36 PM
Quote:

The TE was blocking before the ball was caught, which would be OPI if I am not mistaken.

Cannot have Offensive pass interference because ball was caught behind the line of scrimmage. The Bengals challenged because if the pass was beyond the line of scrimmage it would have been pass interference. No penalty on that play.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:40 PM

Here we are 6-7.

A major disappointment from our expectations.

Wonder how these fans are doing?

Dallas
Philadelphia
Chargers
Bears
Falcons

They all had large expectations as well.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:44 PM
Quote:
Here we are 6-7.

Dallas
Philadelphia
Chargers
Bears
Falcons

They don't matter...They don't wear Brown and Orange
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/09/19 04:56 PM

When did Hue Jackson win 4 out of five games?
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Post game - 12/09/19 05:01 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Here we are 6-7.

Dallas
Philadelphia
Chargers
Bears
Falcons

San Francisco last year...

Although hard to compare Freddie and Baker to Kyle and JG.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/09/19 05:07 PM
Yeah it is. Kyle and JG have had more time.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 05:09 PM
Quote:

I am not questioning OPI, I was questioning the notion of there being an illegal man downfield. I am not 100% sure on if where the ball is caught also negates OPI, as it does with the man downfield.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/09/19 05:38 PM

When did Hue Jackson win 4 out of five games?
Just curious, when I posted a long list of HC that had successful first years with teams against kitchens you refuted it, saying that it meant nothing, yet know you want to use the coaches that had a bad record to support your argument for kitchens. . . . glad to see you make things up as you go.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:23 PM
Redwine looked good, especially by comparison. Our TV is airing out in the driveway. Ugly wins count.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:36 PM
I was simply pointing out how you didn't really have a point. That far more great coaches started out with poor records. That was the proof that your stats were meaningless when you looked at things from an objective perspective.

Try again.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:40 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:40 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:42 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:43 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:43 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:44 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:46 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:46 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:47 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:48 PM
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:49 PM
I was simply pointing out how you didn't really have a point. That far more great coaches started out with poor records. That was the proof that your stats were meaningless when you looked at things from an objective perspective.

Try again.
Nah, we can all see that its just you trying to move goalposts again to fit your side of things.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:50 PM
Yeah, sometimes when someone like you tries to spread an agenda, I'm going to show the other side of it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:50 PM
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:51 PM
This is why I hate our media, why not ask what we want asked. NOt why did you turn to the run, but "why the heck didn't you start with running?"
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:51 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:53 PM
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:53 PM
That's rich, cause if you would have ran Chubb a few more times in certain games we would have had 2 or 3 more wins. . . .
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:53 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:54 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:57 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/09/19 06:58 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 07:08 PM
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 08:31 PM
Happy birthday, bro!
Elves deliver a win.
They like you better than they liked me.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post game - 12/09/19 09:41 PM
LOL
Thanx, bro! Feeling the overwhelming glow from that monumental win! I love The Elf, but that guy is taking a beating this year. Celebrating tonight fingerscrossed

Just exhausted after watching our games. Just rougher when you are aged.

Thanks for the notice and props. thumbsup
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post game - 12/09/19 11:41 PM
Wow the Bengals stink. Kinda funny that the Bengal trolls that used to hang around these boards have mysteriously vanished the last few years. Go figure.

The Browns took care of business, although they didn't exactly look like a desperate team out there. They certainly didn't look like a team clinging to playoff hopes. I think certain guys do. There's no doubt Jarvis Landry brings it every single week. As a whole this team just doesn't.

Nick Chubb is a joy to watch. What a player. He reads blocks and defenses so well. Kareem Hunt is the perfect sidekick too. That is a special pairing, and I would love to see the Browns find a way to keep the both of them together for the near future.

The little things I brought up last week. They didn't do any of that yesterday either. At this point, I don't think we're going to see that with this team and coaching staff.

Also, they need to dump the PI review process. Either scrap the whole thing, or make it a booth-only review.

What Cincinnati did yesterday was borderline bush league. They literally threw the challenge flag, because it was fourth down, because no flags had been called, and it was really their only option to stay in the game. The ref gave the whole thing away too by fumbling his words. Pretty hilarious, and also really embarrassing.

That fumble/interception call on Njoku's catch was an abomination. These refs every week are allowed to basically get away with doing average level work. This is one of the biggest, most profitable sports leagues in the world, and you have terrible officiating.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 12/10/19 12:24 AM

The one sack was on Njoku.
Posted By: Dave Re: Post game - 12/10/19 12:56 AM
Actually, I think it was Carlson.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/10/19 04:04 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game - 12/10/19 12:49 PM
Looks like TE is an issue, and it also looks like our two rookies have been targeted by opposing teams, which isn’t surprising. I’ve noticed Greedy is attacked pretty frequently
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post game - 12/10/19 01:48 PM
During the broadcast the announcers stated that the Cincy offense said Ward and Greedy could be exposed because they don't play the ball.

These guys were supposed to be a dynamic duo and you have opposing teams saying this?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game - 12/10/19 02:26 PM
Greedy is young and Ward has regressed and has been banged up.

CB is hard.

They'll be fine. Greedy's tackling has been superb for anyone who bought into his big red flag from the draft.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/10/19 02:34 PM
j/c...

These are garbage grades, if anyone thinks Baker had an above average game they are drunk.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 12/10/19 03:15 PM
Actually, I think it was Carlson.

Go watch it again. It was Njoku.
Posted By: DawgPound75 Re: Post game - 12/10/19 05:24 PM
Rough game to watch.

Bengals doing there best Cleveland impression.

Run the ball!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game - 12/11/19 12:55 AM
j/c...

This is encouraging...

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post game - 12/11/19 11:32 AM
Would rather have Zeitler. tongue
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post game - 12/11/19 03:15 PM
After some early mental mistakes, Teller has really staked his claim to the RG position.

That is good to see.

Certainly he is an upgrade over Kush.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Post game - 12/12/19 02:49 AM
I still mourn the interior of Bitonio, Tretter and Zietler
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post game - 12/12/19 04:01 AM
During the broadcast the announcers stated that the Cincy offense said Ward and Greedy could be exposed because they don't play the ball.

These guys were supposed to be a dynamic duo and you have opposing teams saying this?

Which is why Money Mitch should be starting over Greedy IMO.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post game - 12/12/19 04:05 AM

Except that they need to develop both Ward and Williams. Greedy, by the way, has played only 9 total games so far.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post game - 12/12/19 06:30 AM

Except that they need to develop both Ward and Williams. Greedy, by the way, has played only 9 total games so far.

I’m not saying Greedy is a bust by any means. I think if they are coached up right (and I think their issues are more likely coaching related personally) they have the ability to be a if not the top tandem. But Greedy is raw and think it would be better to have a guy like Mitch who we know can handle the job starting over a guy like you say needs to be developed. If you don’t have a as good or better behind him, then so be it. But that’s not the case and I’m always concerned about that balance between developing a player at the expense of the team.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Post game - 12/12/19 07:01 PM

I’m not saying Greedy is a bust by any means. I think if they are coached up right (and I think their issues are more likely coaching related personally) they have the ability to be a if not the top tandem. But Greedy is raw and think it would be better to have a guy like Mitch who we know can handle the job starting over a guy like you say needs to be developed. If you don’t have a as good or better behind him, then so be it. But that’s not the case and I’m always concerned about that balance between developing a player at the expense of the team.

Honestly, CB is by far one of the LEAST things hurting or "at the expense of" this team.

HC, QB play, OL, DEF scheme, lack of depth, all well before CB.
© DawgTalkers.net