DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Do We..... - 12/17/19 09:25 PM
show some freaking pride this sunday?

or do we roll over and die?

i know our freaking running backs are gonna show up. i know our o line is gonna show up. will our defense? will our WR's? will bake?

hell, will freddie?

we dont even have to win. just show some pride and fight. thats all i want to see from this team. max effort from everyone.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 09:28 PM
I expect us to roll over and die.

I have an inkling this roster wants Freddie gone.

In a game last week, they could have sealed his job for next year - after it was reported he was coming back - it seemed the players gave up on him when the going got tough.

Call it a year folks, on to the draft.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 09:40 PM
I think will is right. I have a feeling this roster wants Freddie canned and have actively quit on him. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose by 50.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 09:42 PM
Players have packed it in. Freddie is toast and the players know it. Nothing to play for, sadly.

This game is going to be brutal. Baltimore trying to secure the #1 seed.

I don't see anyway they'll be able to stop Lamar. Hell, they couldn't stop Lamar-lite last week.

Prediction: RG III throws for a 4th Qtr TD for good measure.

Should be interesting up at the stadium this Sunday. My brother is flying in town for Christmas and to go to the game with me. Before the season started we both had thoughts of how this game could be flexed to Saturday night and the division crown could be on the line. Ah, the good times.

Baltimore: 48

Browns: 13
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 09:43 PM
come on dont do this to me, guys. somebody has got to give us hope.
Posted By: Haus Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 09:43 PM
This seems like a game where if we show up we lose by 7, and if we don't, we lose by 30.

Hey, any given Sunday right. The Browns did beat Baltimore pretty soundly in their house earlier in the season (we call this an outlier.)

For any gambling folks around here, Baltimore -7 is about as solid of a line as you're ever going to get.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 09:52 PM
It's they ..not we...

They play the game...and We watch the crap..

They won't win ... and We be pissed

They (some) don't like Freddie..We (most) don't like Freddie.

They gave us a disappointed season... We be tired of them seasons...

They matter because they wear Brown and Orange...We matter because We be the best damn fans in the land...

They be ready for off season... We be talking Draft soon.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 10:38 PM
I thought we rolled over and died last week.

The real question now is, on our way back from the dead, are we planning on the resurrection thing or the zombie thing?
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 10:44 PM
This is going to be a beat down. I truly am starting to believe the players have abandon Kitchens.
Posted By: Dave Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 10:50 PM
I don't know if they'll lay down or not, but if they do mail it in Sunday I just hope Dorsey is watching and taking down names. Because whether Kitchens returns or not, I don't want the guys who quit to come back next year. Players might think they're undermining Freddie by dogging it, but in reality they should know that they are playing for their jobs.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Do We..... - 12/17/19 11:55 PM
The defense lacks the horses to beat them like we did. No Garrett, o Vernon.... we can't contain AND push the edges of the pocket while not losing gap discipline. We saw it all game long in Arizona. This week will be a repeat.

Add in that for some reason our CBs, who were both ballhawking in college, are being coached to not play the ball, but the receiver now, and we are toast.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 12:23 AM
Stupid thread title.............

To be or not to be. That is the question.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 12:41 AM
Quote:
Stupid thread title.............

More stupid that you always like your own posts... Your from Alabama ? you related to Freddie ?
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 12:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish

About all I can muster is we’re tied going in to half time. Unfortunately what will likely happen as we’ve seen before is the Ravens will go up by 1 TD and our guys will act like the game is over.

Sorry bro. Apathy has set in.

Plus, I somehow made it to my Championship Game in my first ever fantasy league and Lamar is my QB so....

I’m not rooting against the Browns but aside from Chubb and a couple other guys, I’m not interested frown
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 01:38 AM
Baltimore were gashed by our run game last time. This time they will stack the box and force Baker to throw as they know he is struggling and OBJ's threat status has been dramatically reduced as BM never sees him even when he is open.
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 01:39 AM
MAN F THAT. no way does this team roll over. hell no!
Posted By: jaybird Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 02:21 AM
Don't know if we roll over but we getting killed this weekend.... Baltimore is rolling and wants the #1 seed.... hope we show some signs of life.....
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 02:39 AM
This is going to be a beatdown.

Who would have thought that 10 short weeks ago when we destroyed them in their house and had the lead in the division?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 02:44 AM
I expect the Browns to show up in the 1st quarter.. and then fall apart and die.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 03:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
This is going to be a beatdown.

Who would have thought that 10 short weeks ago when we destroyed them in their house and had the lead in the division?

No doubt. The Ravens have not lost since then and we've spiraled out of control. Speaks to the culture.

The Browns thought they had arrived and crowned themselves after that win (and clearly crowned themselves before the season, too). And, the two dopes on Cleveland Browns Daily (Zegura and Bishop) were leading the charge. Imagine running a perennial losing franchise and allowing your team owned radio network to carry on like that as though you've made it. Embarrassing.
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 03:58 AM
well its a team owned propaganda outlet. they're technically doing their jobs perfectly.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 04:42 AM
well its a team owned propaganda outlet. they're technically doing their jobs perfectly.

The best call to Cleveland Browns Daily (back when they actually took calls), a guy called in and said, "I've heard less propaganda on a North Korean radio station compared to what you guys."
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 05:38 AM

Yeah, they never really pretend to be unbiased. They are employees, and are there to present as positive an outlooK on the team as is possible.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 06:05 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Yeah, they never really pretend to be unbiased. They are employees, and are there to present as positive an outlooK on the team as is possible.

I certainly don’t begrudge them for it either. But I think it is telling when even they are on the verge of saying the same things we are.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 10:32 AM

Well, the clever thing for Baltimore to do is not to get Freddie fired...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 10:52 AM
I think we saw our answer in the desert ... this team has no heart and wants the HC gone (or wants themselves to be gone).
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 11:43 AM
We shock the world and Freddie saves his job.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 11:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

That's simply not happening. It will take an offseason to figure out the Baltimore O. They are steamrolling the dregs of the league which the Browbs are. Plus the team has quit and knows they will have another coach next season.

There's nothing to play for.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 12:45 PM
Quote:

Their jobs.
Posted By: eotab Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 02:14 PM
If we show the same run D as we saw in Zona...forget about it!!

Love our Run game...

Hate our West Coast Offense...seems all routes are 5-7 yarders???
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 02:20 PM
Dude I don’t know what’s going on. The play calling is trash, and I honestly don’t think Freddie knows the entire playbook himself.
Posted By: BpG Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 02:42 PM
Yeah I just don't see what everyone else sees......that the players quit.....I did not see that. I saw guys I've never even heard of playing on defense and an offense with an identity crisis.

Did not see all of this quitting everyone keeps talking about last week.

This week we might see some of that, but tbd.
Posted By: Dave Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 02:47 PM
Quote:
The play calling is trash, and I honestly don’t think Freddie knows the entire playbook himself.

Every time I see him on the sideline holding that laminated play sheet I think of a Waffle House menu, LOL. He should have a thought bubble that says "I'll have smothered and covered - wait, wait - what does 'scattered' mean?".
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 02:57 PM
Do we dare to switch iy up? Put the backup in for a few series? Finding a spark is wasted on our deadwood.

I will watch and root 'em every game, but somebody has to carry FK which is no small feat, and play some defense for a change. Crappy cornerbacks especially.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 03:10 PM
The hope will come in two weeks when Fred is relieved of duties.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 03:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I don't know if they'll lay down or not, but if they do mail it in Sunday I just hope Dorsey is watching and taking down names. Because whether Kitchens returns or not, I don't want the guys who quit to come back next year. Players might think they're undermining Freddie by dogging it, but in reality they should know that they are playing for their jobs.
That's all fine and dandy on a message board and for the 3rd and 4th stringers, but in real life, do you think Odell has to worry about getting on a team? Do you think Jarvis does? guys like Larry and Randall? there will always be a place on a roster for a guy that has talent.

Dogging it or not.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 03:15 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
Yeah I just don't see what everyone else sees......that the players quit.....I did not see that. I saw guys I've never even heard of playing on defense and an offense with an identity crisis.

Did not see all of this quitting everyone keeps talking about last week.

This week we might see some of that, but tbd.
Kareem Hunt, someone who saw the game a little closer than you or I - disagrees.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 03:35 PM
They are kissing cousins. Everybody is from Bama...
Posted By: Dave Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 03:39 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
That's all fine and dandy on a message board and for the 3rd and 4th stringers, but in real life, do you think Odell has to worry about getting on a team? Do you think Jarvis does? guys like Larry and Randall? there will always be a place on a roster for a guy that has talent.

Dogging it or not.

Even a guy who only posts on a message board knows that unless the talk of "changing the culture" is only lip service, then the guys who do not give full effort have to be weeded out. Nobody is saying they won't play elsewhere, just that we will never win as an organization if there are as many quitters as Hunt indicated allowed to stay here. Effort is the bare minimum we need to be able to expect from our players.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 03:58 PM
The only thing I can think of is Bmore comes out sleeping and our offense gets rolling. Our scripted plays march us down the field and our defense gets hot catching a Bmore offense that thinks (understandably) that they can walk through this game.

If we're up a couple scores at halftime, forcing them to air it out a bunch I could see us in position to win.

I'd put the chance of that happening around the same as us making the playoffs.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 05:17 PM

Freddie is going to have the team prepared.. go 1-0 this week, that's all that matters, blahblahblah.

I think we will play hard until we are down by a couple scores and then we will quit.

I think the Rats will keep their foot on the gas for the full 60 and end up winning this one with a Ohio State vs Maryland type score...

As I said when the Browns said they would stick with Freddie barring a "collapse".. this is the collapse they were hoping for. Monday 12/30 is Freddie's last day in Berea...
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 05:48 PM
at first glance, I read that third line as "I think the Refs will keep their foot on the gas"
Posted By: RAWISRADFORD Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 08:24 PM
there wont be any let down from the ratbirds - but that doesn't change the fact that our scheme on D matches well (the personnel we are missing will make it tougher)

do we win the turnover battle again - probably not
do we give up less sacks again - probably not

The real trick will be scoring more than 25 points against their improved defense (the stat from last time was they were 0-10 -since whenever - when they give up more than 25)

I'll be in the dog pound this weekend rooting for there to be some fireworks on offense
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 09:14 PM
Cryptic tweet time!...

Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 09:17 PM

Dogging it or not.

Even a guy who only posts on a message board knows that unless the talk of "changing the culture" is only lip service, then the guys who do not give full effort have to be weeded out. Nobody is saying they won't play elsewhere, just that we will never win as an organization if there are as many quitters as Hunt indicated allowed to stay here. Effort is the bare minimum we need to be able to expect from our players.

People at all levels and all professions can be generally passionate about what they do but still end up in situations where they don't care. It's HARD to maintain that level of motivation when you don't believe in your leadership or in your mission.. I've been there.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Dogging it or not.

People at all levels and all professions can be generally passionate about what they do but still end up in situations where they don't care. It's HARD to maintain that level of motivation when you don't believe in your leadership or in your mission.. I've been there.

You mean NFL players are humans with regular emotions/frustrations and not robots? Crazy!

I bolded your last sentence. Quite a true statement.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 09:47 PM
Yes, I've had the conversation that **shocked** NFL players are actually real people who have emotions and stuff before... Some folks just don't think the natural laws of humanity apply to professional athletes (or rich people in general)...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 10:30 PM
What the hell does that mean?
Posted By: Dave Re: Do We..... - 12/18/19 10:40 PM
Sorry, I don't see the equivalence between my so-called career trying to grind through a 50 hour work week with a dumbass boss and the athletes we ask to do their best for 3 hours a week on Sunday, 16 Sundays a year, in exchange for millions. Proportion matters.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 12:17 AM
I don’t give up until there’s no chance. These boards are freaking depressing lately.

Some people, I’d hate to fight a war with them, or face a tough job with. No heart, no belief.

The leaders on OUR team need to lead, & rally the troops, let them know it’s our last home game and that it’s imperative we fight like cornered dogs. To me, if an athlete on a team sport uses a coach as an excuse to take the day off, he’s a weak person.

Screw Baltimore, we’re kicking their ass. 29-23, Browns win.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 12:25 AM
Quote:
To me, if an athlete on a team sport uses a coach as an excuse to take the day off, he’s a weak person.

Lamp..Many of times I thought.. why don't the players just call their own plays and do their own things to win the games if the Coaches aren't capable of getting them to win games.

Then thinking about it...What would be the backlash on them if they did ? Benching fines whatever..

Kind of like when Bernie didn't listen to the play called in but got a TD out of what he decided to call.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

That's simply not happening. It will take an offseason to figure out the Baltimore O. They are steamrolling the dregs of the league which the Browbs are. Plus the team has quit and knows they will have another coach next season.

I don't screw around adding purple...but we do have something to play for.....pride Just play for pride
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 02:36 AM
Harbaugh is smart. I doubt they throw the ball at all, and when they do it will be game breakers because our defense can't adjust.

There is nothing I can think of that gives us the slightest chance of winning. Without Vernon and Garrett, Lamar will make fools of them.

My prediction is they are up by three scores at the half and RG3 finishes the game and looks like a superstar doing it.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 02:39 AM
Quote:
Lamar will make fools of them.

My prediction is they are up by three scores at the half and RG3 finishes the game and looks like a superstar doing it.

Yep..then they can all go make commercials about how great they are...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 11:40 AM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
Lamar will make fools of them.

Yep..then they can all go make commercials about how great they are...

Lamar won't. He'll go hang with his mom, study his playbook, and talk with his QB coach.

After I heard he does that after every game, I'm a believer. I'm a believer Swish and am pulling for the kid. He gets it. He's the type of player I'd love to root for.

My only gripe is the Browns have been a long suffering fanbase. It seems we would be due some good luck. Baltimore is one of the last teams that needs good luck. I'm bitter about that. Instead we get an unlikable jerk at QB who didn't put in any work prior to the season and a coach who endorsed that behavior.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 01:30 PM

My only gripe is the Browns have been a long suffering fanbase. It seems we would be due some good luck. Baltimore is one of the last teams that needs good luck. I'm bitter about that. Instead we get an unlikable jerk at QB who didn't put in any work prior to the season and a coach who endorsed that behavior.

At least you aren't hiding your hate for Baker anymore ... and as posted on the other thread - I'll agree 100% he didn't put in enough work in the off season. Saying he put in "no work" is not true only born of your agenda.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 02:14 PM
J/c
I have no idea how much work Baker put into the offseason. But obviously stuff has to change, whether that means the amount of work or type of work.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 02:27 PM
Quote:
I'm a believer Swish and am pulling for the kid. He gets it. He's the type of player I'd love to root for.

Except he wears enemy colors. I only root for his total collapse. Anything else, any well wishes only makes my skin crawl. He’s the enemy. The love fest on this board for him sickens me.

Another poster wrote that he’s their fantasy QB. Yuck. I can’t play fantasy FB because rooting for anyone not in orange and brown is wrong and makes me feel sick inside. Especially anyone in black and yellow or black and purple.

I don’t get you people.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 02:40 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Quote:
I'm a believer Swish and am pulling for the kid. He gets it. He's the type of player I'd love to root for.

Except he wears enemy colors. I only root for his total collapse. Anything else, any well wishes only makes my skin crawl. He’s the enemy. The love fest on this board for him sickens me.

Another poster wrote that he’s their fantasy QB. Yuck. I can’t play fantasy FB because rooting for anyone not in orange and brown is wrong and makes me feel sick inside. Especially anyone in black and yellow or black and purple.

I don’t get you people.
I 1000% agree with you. I wish him nothing but INT and fumbles. Dont want him to get hurt or anything like that - but i wish him the worst career he can possible have. I want him to fail on any and every level he can going forward
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 02:43 PM
You guys should take comfort then that all things I root for suck. So there you go.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 02:48 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

At least you aren't hiding your hate for Baker anymore ... and as posted on the other thread - I'll agree 100% he didn't put in enough work in the off season. Saying he put in "no work" is not true only born of your agenda.

It's not hate or an agenda. It's my opinion. You don't like it because you are sensitive to criticism of Mayfield. That's not a me problem. That's a you problem.

My only agenda when it comes to the Browns is winning. If you go out there at QB and take us to the playoffs I'm going to cheer my arse off for mgh888.

There's too much affection for the names on the jerseys. Nobody should care what the names are.

Just win games.
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 03:27 PM
Again, I love lamar but hate the ravens. It’s a balancing act.

I want Lamar to score 35 a game. But I need the opposing team to score 38.
Posted By: Haus Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 04:10 PM
Why do you love Lamar so much?
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 04:48 PM
I’ve explained this over and over again. Go look it up.
Posted By: Haus Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 05:12 PM
No thanks. I don't care about it that much.

I do know you were high on Lamar coming out of Louisville. But plenty of us are right (or wrong) about players coming out of college, and that doesn't usually carry over to loving players on rival teams.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 05:39 PM
I'm not really on either side of the coin here. I'm a Browns fan first and at the same time follow other players on other teams and other teams in general. I'm an NFL fan.

I can and do appreciate the talent and skills of other teams, their systems and players around the league.

I can appreciate the skills, hard work and the accomplishments of Lamar and the progress he's made to this point. But I can't root for him. I don't really have a problem separating the two.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 05:49 PM
I honestly struggle to watch games when the Steelers or Ravens are doing well. I’ve not watched a snap of either Ravens Super Bowl wins. I turned off the recent Thursday night game once I saw how it was going. Watching those teams excel makes me feel nauseous. If the Ravens make another SB, it’ll be another I won’t watch. I loathe them and every player that suits up for them. The earth could swallow them for all I care.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 07:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Haus

It's just a matter of time before a LB meets Lamar and pops him good.

I hope it's Joe Schobert that does the damage if the damn front office would sign the man.

Then? Ask RGIII and Mike Vick how that worked out for their flash in the pan careers.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 08:03 PM
Vick had a career that lasted from 2001 - 2015, with 2 years off for a prison sentence. He started 115-143 games played.
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 08:26 PM
What is this in response to?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 08:29 PM
What is this in response to?
The post right above his.
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 08:30 PM
Thanks. I tend to fly by SB post knowing he liked his own stuff.
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 08:31 PM
It’s really odd how some if y’all want players injured.

Really odd. Say what you want about me being a huge fan of Lamar, but atleast I don’t go around wishing for injuries. Far more disgusting than simply like a player from a rival team.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 09:10 PM
Thanks. I tend to fly by SB post knowing he liked his own stuff.

Hey, if you don't like your own stuff, who else will? rofl
Posted By: jfanent Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 10:16 PM
I honestly struggle to watch games when the Steelers or Ravens are doing well. I’ve not watched a snap of either Ravens Super Bowl wins. I turned off the recent Thursday night game once I saw how it was going. Watching those teams excel makes me feel nauseous. If the Ravens make another SB, it’ll be another I won’t watch. I loathe them and every player that suits up for them. The earth could swallow them for all I care.

I have been right where you are since the Browns moved. But there is something about Lamar that is just a refreshing change of pace. I find him likeable and he's walking the walk from all of the criticism and naysayers. The guy believes in their system and put in the work required to make it successful. It really does suck that it's the rats, but I have to give credit where it's due. Hopefully Baker will learn a lesson here.
Posted By: Dave Re: Do We..... - 12/19/19 10:23 PM
I don't like the Steelers and I hate the Ravens, but Jim Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin are two coaches I would hire in a New York minute if they became available.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 01:04 AM

I am the same way. I hate every other team. Especially Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Dallas.

The Bengals I actually have some compassion for since they have been as hopeless as the Browns.

To end up behind the Rats and the Stoolers is sickening.

As far as this week. We could not stop the Cardinals run game.

Unless there is divine intervention we will get slaughtered this Sunday.

All I have asked for what seems like forever is a winning season. And once again I am thrown against the wall.

The results of this season did not seem possible going in.

But as the season wore on it started to look inevitable.

I am so disappointed in this team. Very hard to accept the failure this season has become. I am sick of all the excuses.

What looked so hopeful has grown into more of the past despair.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 01:57 PM

Really odd. Say what you want about me being a huge fan of Lamar, but atleast I don’t go around wishing for injuries. Far more disgusting than simply like a player from a rival team.

I don’t wish injury, per say. But if a pterodactyl flew down and scooped him up and flew off, I’d cheer. If he woke up without a leg, I’d not shed a tear. If his arms stopped working, I’d root for him to have great caregivers to feed him. If he decided to walk away from the game completely, my life would be happier. If Joey Bosa folded him backwards, I’d feel bad for a brief second... oh wait, I said I won’t wish for an injury... I guess I lied. He’s the enemy. If he was traded to the Dolphins... I might wish him well. Until then, nothing but disgust for him and the team he suits up for.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 03:27 PM

I don’t wish injury, per say. But if a pterodactyl flew down and scooped him up and flew off, I’d cheer. If he woke up without a leg, I’d not shed a tear. If his arms stopped working, I’d root for him to have great caregivers to feed him. If he decided to walk away from the game completely, my life would be happier. If Joey Bosa folded him backwards, I’d feel bad for a brief second... oh wait, I said I won’t wish for an injury... I guess I lied. He’s the enemy. If he was traded to the Dolphins... I might wish him well. Until then, nothing but disgust for him and the team he suits up for.

What if we just found guys who could out coach and out play them?

That would be pretty cool.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 03:35 PM

I'll answer, since I haven't gone into the detail that swish has in the past.

I respect Lamar and appreciate what he's doing. I don't 'love' him, but I'm sure you're using hyperbole. He appears to be doing everything the right way. He heard, from before he was drafted until now (and it hasn't stopped), how he's going to fail in the NFL, he can't do this/that... and went to work and is proving people wrong in pretty spectacular fashion. Honestly, how people can't at least respect that is beyond me. I'm fine with him doing well, as it appears well-deserved and earned, and makes for a real positive story in a sea of doodoo (present day NFL).

In my perfect world, he'd score a gajillion points a game, every game, except for 2 times a year. In those 2 games he'd get sacked/picked each dropback.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 04:04 PM

How many have done that? I count Andy Reid and the Chiefs ..... and Freddie Kitchens and the Browns.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 04:47 PM

It would be cool. It also wouldn’t effect how I feel about enemy opponents. I want all their draft picks to be busts. Lamar is just another in the list of enemy draft picks I want to fail.
I’m a diehard Buckeye fan. When the likes of Shazier, Santonio Holmes, Cameron Heywood were drafted by the black and yellow it sickened me. Beloved Buckeyes became the enemy. Dead to me. One day I cheered for their success. Overnight I rooted for their downfall. No second thought about it.
Its Orange and Brown or nothing.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 05:24 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I'll answer, since I haven't gone into the detail that swish has in the past.

I respect Lamar and appreciate what he's doing. I don't 'love' him, but I'm sure you're using hyperbole. He appears to be doing everything the right way. He heard, from before he was drafted until now (and it hasn't stopped), how he's going to fail in the NFL, he can't do this/that... and went to work and is proving people wrong in pretty spectacular fashion. Honestly, how people can't at least respect that is beyond me. I'm fine with him doing well, as it appears well-deserved and earned, and makes for a real positive story in a sea of doodoo (present day NFL).

In my perfect world, he'd score a gajillion points a game, every game, except for 2 times a year. In those 2 games he'd get sacked/picked each dropback.
I respect the work he has done, and what he has accomplished so far. But that doesn't mean I still don't want him to fail miserably as a player and become the worst QB to ever have been drafted.

Hes the enemy. I can respect him, and hope he fails at the same time.

But the love affair and wishing him to do well and play well, is...odd.

Maybe some should just root for players and not a team.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 06:00 PM
Quote:

It’s a fantasy football world we’re living in I guess. My disdain for certain teams keeps me from finding any interest in it. I’m a Browns fan only.

There are certain teams that I feel ambivalent about... the Dolphins, the Cardinals... as an example.
There are certain teams I kinda root for when they play... the Packers, the Saints...
There are a few teams I actively root against... the Cowboys, the Patriots...
But there are two teams I wish nothing but the absolute worst for... the Steelers and the Ravens.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 06:14 PM
Ravens have to prove first meeting was a pure fluke. I however don't. I think it was our real team and whatever we became and for whatever reason occurred later.

I believe they'll put the Browns to shame.
Harbaugh will have them jacked!
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 06:33 PM
I hope Lamar Jackson's career goes south and he is a failure. I hate him so because he's a Raven. This is what all Browns fans should be saying.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 06:40 PM
Quote:

It’s a fantasy football world we’re living in I guess. My disdain for certain teams keeps me from finding any interest in it. I’m a Browns fan only.

There are certain teams that I feel ambivalent about... the Dolphins, the Cardinals... as an example.
There are certain teams I kinda root for when they play... the Packers, the Saints...
But there are two teams I wish nothing but the absolute worst for... the Steelers and the Ravens.
See, I can watch any football game on the tube. But I legitimately have 0 rooting interest unless it effects the browns in someway, positively.

I place a few bets this year for about 2-3 weeks for the first time in my life, and I had to stop, because I couldn't STAND rooting for another team.

I think I bet the Seahawks/Vikings game and I hated it. Couldn't stand rooting for the hawks to win lol
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 07:32 PM
Quote:

I think the big difference between you and I is that I really started following football (and therefore, the Browns) AFTER the team had already come back. Honestly, I didn't really get passionate until I moved away from Cleveland in 2007.

Not having gone through The Move, I think, significantly affects my outlook on Baltimore. Now that Ray Lewis is gone, I don't have anywhere near the hatred of them as I do the Steelers.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 07:58 PM
Sorry, I don't see the equivalence between my so-called career trying to grind through a 50 hour work week with a dumbass boss and the athletes we ask to do their best for 3 hours a week on Sunday, 16 Sundays a year, in exchange for millions. Proportion matters.

You have a dumbass boss, they think they have a dumbass boss..

You grind out 50 hours a week, they grind out 60-70 hours a week..

You wake up everyday feeling as good as you can, they wake up a lot of days feeling like they got hit by a truck..

I don't know what you do but you probably don't get graded in front of a national audience every week, they get graded every week in front of a national audience..

You don't have thousands of people telling you that you suck and asking why you suck, they have thousands of people telling them they suck and asking them why they suck..

You, and others, keep throwing in that they make millions.. that's completely irrelevant. It doesn't do squat to change human nature. People don't work harder because they make more money, they make more money because they worked harder
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 08:02 PM
Quote:
You, and others, keep throwing in that they make millions.. that's completely irrelevant. It doesn't do squat to change human nature. People don't work harder because they make more money, they make more money because they worked harder
ehhhhh to an extent, maybe.

But I know for a fact, I work harder at my current position than I did at my last, as I receive more compensation for it. I slacked at my last job, then left for a better job and more pay. I don't slack nearly as much now smile
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 08:41 PM
j/c

I think the difference in how our fan base approach the NFL boils down to pretty much a single issue. I never root for any team in our division. I certainly do not wish them success.

But as I stated earlier, I'm a "Browns fan first". However, I'm also an NFL fan. A fan of the sport. As such I appreciate the skills of other players, other teams and actually watch a lot of other games with enthusiasm.

If you're "only a Browns fan" I can see where that may be harder to do. But many players in this league have elite skills and elite talent. Coaches and the way teams are built is sometimes a work to behold.

After reading some of the posts on this board it makes me very happy to be not only a Browns fan first, but an NFL fan as well. I would find it disturbing to realize how much great football I would have missed the other way around. How many great players I would have missed the opportunity to have witnessed playing the game.

I certainly do not begrudge anyone their own way of being a fan. To each their own I say. But for me I wouldn't have missed many of the things I've witnessed from watching teams from around the league over the past fifty plus years for almost anything.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 08:43 PM
there's also the "making millions" part. Most don't make much, and the overwhelming majority don't stay in the league long enough to get a second contract.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 08:49 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Quote:

I think the big difference between you and I is that I really started following football (and therefore, the Browns) AFTER the team had already come back. Honestly, I didn't really get passionate until I moved away from Cleveland in 2007.

Not having gone through The Move, I think, significantly affects my outlook on Baltimore. Now that Ray Lewis is gone, I don't have anywhere near the hatred of them as I do the Steelers.

I was recently in Baltimore supporting my art. We drove past the stadium and I saw the Ray (accomplice to murder) Lewis statue. I felt an internal disgust. It was visceral. No thought at all, just deep internal disgust.
That said, I really liked the city. All around I had a great time and really think it’s a cool town.... except for the stupid ravens flags hanging everywhere. Eyesores. The people were super friendly and inviting. I met the mayor. Nice guy. I did get in a verbal sparring match with a reporter I talked with one morning. We, my artist buddy and I, were being interviewed for a morning show. Before the camera rolled the reporter (wearing a ravens hat) and I got in a friendly but heated conversation about his team, my team, and the move. He eventually conceded that Baltimore did steal our team. I counted that as a win. He also said off camera that his team was going to lose to the Patriots that weekend. Sadly he was wrong.
Screw the Ravens... even if the city and it’s people are cool.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 08:59 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

I think the difference in how our fan base approach the NFL boils down to pretty much a single issue. I never root for any team in our division. I certainly do not wish them success.

But as I stated earlier, I'm a "Browns fan first". However, I'm also an NFL fan. A fan of the sport. As such I appreciate the skills of other players, other teams and actually watch a lot of other games with enthusiasm.

If you're "only a Browns fan" I can see where that may be harder to do. But many players in this league have elite skills and elite talent. Coaches and the way teams are built is sometimes a work to behold.

After reading some of the posts on this board it makes me very happy to be not only a Browns fan first, but an NFL fan as well. I would find it disturbing to realize how much great football I would have missed the other way around. How many great players I would have missed the opportunity to have witnessed playing the game.

I certainly do not begrudge anyone their own way of being a fan. To each their own I say. But for me I wouldn't have missed many of the things I've witnessed from watching teams from around the league over the past fifty plus years for almost anything.

I too watch a lot of football. Having the Season Ticket allows me to pick and choose. As I said, I kinda root for a few teams, kinda. I like watching Aaron Rogers play. I think Russell Wilson is a talent and a nice guy by all accounts. There’s a lot of talent around the league for sure. I just find a lot of it is bogged down on uninteresting teams. ie I find watching Carolina play football to be tedious. Despite how talented McCaffrey is. There’s other examples around the league.
End of the day, and most importantly... screw the Steelers and ravens, dry.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 09:01 PM
j/c

I watch other games, I just don't root or really care who wins. If its a good game great, I enjoy - but the outcome is what it is. Just a game the browns didn't play in.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 09:05 PM
If I honestly felt that way I don't think I'd even bother watching other games.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 09:15 PM
If I honestly felt that way I don't think I'd even bother watching other games.
To each their own.

Honestly, Im on the other side of the spectrum, I don't understand how anyone can root for another team. Well, let me correct that.

*If a team is playing Pitts, Balt, or Cincy - I want them to win. I will root for them. So that's not entirely true that I don't care smile

But if say the Jags are playing the Colts, or The Packers are playing the Bears, ehhh. I could care less the outcome - I just want to see a good football game. But I am not going to be happy if the Pack scores, or if the Jags win. It is what it is to me.

I tried to bet a few games this year (not really a big gambler to begin with), but I stopped because I couldn't root even for the team I was betting on lol. Just couldn't get into it. But I still enjoy watching it and appreciate the game. Maybe I am weird smile

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 09:21 PM
Not weird. People just see things differently. I like Kansas City quite a bit. Otherwise I just find certain teams interesting to watch. I also like to watch players outside our division with elite skills.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Do We..... - 12/20/19 10:53 PM
Kind of a corollary to what you said. I like certain blue collar teams: us , the Pitts, the Cheesehedz, and when we had our team taken, they are the only ones I might bother to watch. Liked their game and the loyalty of the fan base. But man, we have some folks expecting fans to always be there endlessly, no matter how we get kicked around by owners.

I love watching hard football; I always despise watching lousy football.

Ravenkiller got us one; hoping for two! naughtydevil
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 12:47 AM
In another thread, after I gave up on watching the AZ game (just could not take any more uninspired defense, and yet another nice drive end with a pick in the end zone on a piss poor throw) I predicted that Freddie would suffer his worst loss as a head coach this weekend. And then we would lose to Cincy because this team has no heart.

That was posted in the heat of an embarrassing loss, to a team we should have been able to beat.

Several days have gone by since then. I am sticking with my prediction.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 02:35 AM
I remember watching us play the squealers and bubby brister was their qb. His mom was in the stands. Heavily made up with a LOT of mascara. The cameras were ON her.

The Browns were kicking his ass mercilessly and sacking him HARD and each time the cameras were panning across her crying face and the tears rolling down her cheeks.

One of my best days I've ever had.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 08:05 AM
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
I remember watching us play the squealers and bubby brister was their qb. His mom was in the stands. Heavily made up with a LOT of mascara. The cameras were ON her.

The Browns were kicking his ass mercilessly and sacking him HARD and each time the cameras were panning across her crying face and the tears rolling down her cheeks.

One of my best days I've ever had.

My wife was a little mad at me because I wasn’t all that upset about Myles smashing Rudolph. She didn’t grow up with the Rivalry and just couldn’t understand that level of hatred. I told her there’s a reason why they always show Turkey Joe piledriving Bradshaw. When I showed her the article about Browns fans sending Rudolph bags of edible male genitalia I told her it was only the beginning.

The we botched the second game. Good grief.
Posted By: Haus Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 12:52 PM
Which one of you jokesters did this?

https://fox8.com/2019/12/20/browns-fan-gets-tattoo-of-myles-garrett-brawl/
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 01:08 PM
Turkey Jones did not pile-drive Bradshaw. He simply noticed his helmet was loose and tried to help him put it back on.

Turkey Jones was a benevolent and giving player.
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 02:38 PM
Shoutout to the artist. That looks really good!
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 02:38 PM
I'm not looking forward to this game.. not even a little.

We've dropped, the Ravens have come up... they are playing with Heart and Imagination and Pride...

We simply are falling flat.

No, I'm not excited by this game..
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 03:19 PM
What's the worst that can happen? If we get pounded into the ground, how will we be different from 4 of their last 6 games, where they hung 40+ on those opponents? (and in their 7th most recent game they hung 37 on the Pats)

We have won 2 of our last 3 against the Rats. Who knows? Maybe we manage to win 3-4. wink
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 10:22 PM
Do we...

Yes we do!

I picture Baker coming to life and burning it!
The running game explodes!

I picture winning this game 73-70 as Baker completes the final touchdown pass to OBJ, who is foolin' for the cameras in the end zone when the ball sticks in his facemask.

Yes. Sweet Victory
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Do we...

Yes we do!

I picture Baker coming to life and burning it!
The running game explodes!

I picture winning this game 73-70 as Baker completes the final touchdown pass to OBJ, who is foolin' for the cameras in the end zone when the ball sticks in his facemask.

Yes. Sweet Victory

Tis the season to be jolly.

Just consider cutting back on the holiday cheer and certainly don't drive.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Do We..... - 12/21/19 11:57 PM
At this point tomorrow's game is really about pride. We can get in their way of home field advantage, we can advance to 4-1 in the division AND we can be the only team in the NFL who beat the Ravens not once, but twice.

I guess this is our Super Bowl.
Posted By: Swish Re: Do We..... - 12/22/19 03:22 PM
For the last couple weeks, I can’t even watch pregame shows anymore, which always got me hyped up for nfl sunday overall. Don’t want to see these guys wrecking our team in segments over and over. Now it’s just me turning on the game at 1 and hoping for the best. Sigh....
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Do We..... - 12/22/19 03:38 PM
For the last couple weeks, I can’t even watch pregame shows anymore, which always got me hyped up for nfl sunday overall. Don’t want to see these guys wrecking our team in segments over and over. Now it’s just me turning on the game at 1 and hoping for the best. Sigh....

I haven't watched pre games, post games, youtube, pressers, etc. in about 6 weeks for the same reason. I used to kill youtube after a Browns win. I can't bring myself to do any of it anymore.
© DawgTalkers.net