DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Your Preference - 12/25/19 04:55 PM
Obviously the game doesn’t matter in terms of standings/playoffs/etc ... but, how do you want this to finish up? Do you want a good, resounding win to feel good? Do you want a dumpster fire to secure a better draft pick and/or get rid of Freddie? Is FK gone regardless?

What say you
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 04:57 PM
Win, it will be good heading into the off season, as for Freddie who knows and we are probably going to draft OL so mid first will be fine ...
Posted By: The Beast Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 04:58 PM
I want the Browns to win and Freddie to get fired on Monday. Pretty simple.
Posted By: Haus Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 05:30 PM
I'd like to see them win. Send the players and fans off with some good feelings. The draft position difference isn't much, and I doubt this game is going to sway the decision on Kitchens.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 05:34 PM
I don't care.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 05:44 PM
I'm like SuperBrown...just doesn't matter. Play all the backups, especially G-squared. These guys deserve some playing time. Let's find out if they are keepers or not.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 06:47 PM
I always want the win.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I always want the win.

Me too. thumbsup
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 08:18 PM
Let Freddie go out in a blaze of glory.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 08:52 PM
We should reach a point where all posts advocating for losing to secure a better draft pick,
especially when a team has won 6 already, ought to be deleted from the forum.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 08:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Let Freddie go out in a blaze of glory.

I care about Chubb getting the rushing title all wrapped up.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Preference - 12/25/19 09:40 PM
Good point, it should be fairly simple and nice for Chubb to attain
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 12:15 AM
Lose and we have a chance to get in the top ten of the draft.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 02:53 AM
Win

To lose.....??? Nah. Just win baby!!! Draftpicks, Schmaftpicks I say!! thumbsup .

After seeing every game since the early to mid 60's(even the black'd out games at a bar on State Rd just north of 480) I've become pretty much numb to this team and am comfortable with that. One might even say i've actually become "comfortably numb".

Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody in there.....

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 08:36 AM
Always win. Plus, I don't think will impact draft standing one way or the other. Even if it does, win the friggen game.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 09:14 AM
I don't particularly care. I hate saying it but I don't even want to at this point. I'm likely only going to record it to catch the Nick Chubb highlights. I don't trust myself to not become apoplectic and break stuff because I don't trust Freddie not to screw up Chubb's title. Instead what's likely going to happen is that Freddie is going to keep plugging that 1-0 bullcrap, the Bengals will get a score up on us, and he'll panic.

Winning this game in of itself doesn't redeem anything. You know what will? Do the decent thing, do the right thing. Run an offense like you are going to feature your league leading feature back. You wanna change the culture Freddie?? Feature the one guy on your team who has put in the work, who has been consistent since he stepped in to the League, who didn't get an attitude when he had to start sharing the limelight with Hunt, who actually embraced that, and comes prepared.

A guy who wears the proper uniform. Who doesn't smart off to the refs or coaches.

Give the fans a glimpse of an identity that this organization should be striving for. Not just in offensive scheme, but in terms of professionalism and discipline.

You do that, the Win will follow.

But we won't. Nick Chubb gets under 15 carries this Sunday.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 03:06 PM
Chubb has averaged only 19 carries/game this year. He/the team has also struggled on the goal line.

As far as the "1-0 bullcrap" ....

Bills Today | Players are motivated to go 1-0 every week
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-players-are-motivated-to-go-1-0-every-week

Bear in mind that their head coach is a guy many wish we would have hired .......
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 04:07 PM
You play to win the game. Always.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 04:12 PM
Chubb is 92 Yards ahead of McCaffrey if Chubb gets 100 McCaffrey would need 193 ...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 04:17 PM
Same as every other time we play a division rival. I want to beat their ass.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 04:31 PM
Win.

As it's been, I only get to watch the Browns 16 times a year, so, win.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 04:59 PM
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 06:35 PM
When there's not much on the line it's NOT selfish to go get Chubb the rushing title.
Get it done!!!!

Win and fire Fred please.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 06:57 PM
thumbsup Just win, baby. No apologies for winning, and no regrets. Get some. I will live with the draft and its uncertainty.

The FK issue has to get fixed. To have a learning curve, you have to demonstrate learning and prove that it is better. Haven't seen it in him, the team, or in games. This decision is made already, or the decision has been batted around. This game won't be enough to reverse it with a win, and a big loss will probably make it all worse. Just not that curious. If he stays, then put somme requirements on him where he has failed. If you look down and find yourself in a hole, stop digging. Wasted an excessive amount of talent this year.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I care about Chubb getting the rushing title all wrapped up.

Also this
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 07:36 PM
In watching the game I hope the team will win. For the long term outlook of the team losing is better (for many reasons).
Posted By: drobs Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 07:40 PM
Losing is never better, apologies if I offend.

Win the game. Set the tone for tonight, tomorrow, next year. The players will still be here, in the main. They need to understand that 6-0 in the division represents "success".
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 08:59 PM
I want a win.. Chubb to get the rushing title .. and OBJ to get 1000 yards. All should be doable.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 10:20 PM
Just win Baby, Just win...
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 11:27 PM
I want a win.. to say we went 4-2 in the division would be something to build on for next season.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 11:46 PM
The Bengals know we quit against them last time and bumbled to a win.

The Bengals want a win more than these individuals who play for the Expansion Cleveland Browns.
Posted By: Dave Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 11:50 PM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 11:52 PM
Not the Clowns.
Posted By: Dave Re: Your Preference - 12/26/19 11:55 PM
If you hate this team so much, why are you even here?
Posted By: bigdatut Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 01:00 AM
You care a lot for not caring every week. Maybe just save the time and go look at a tree or something.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave
If you hate this team so much, why are you even here?

You don't even want to go there Dave. I have been a fan since Ozzie was playing.

Obviously, you have no major concerns the way this franchise has been handled the last 20 years.

I do.

But my love will not fade away.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By: bigdatut
You care a lot for not caring every week. Maybe just save the time and go look at a tree or something.

You aren't even worthy of a response. Click.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 02:04 AM
In that order, Beast? brownie
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 03:05 AM
I just have a feeling the Bengals will outperform us...seems like we always struggle at the end of the season...just a haunch
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 04:24 AM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: bigdatut

You aren't even worthy of a response. Click.

You responded to him saying he's not worthy of a response? That's next level head games right there...
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 05:52 AM
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!

Run Chubb until he has 300 yards.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 05:54 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!

Talk about a statement game....
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 12:07 PM
Don’t care because Kitchens will screw the pooch and choke. And at the end of the day, one Ohio team will just get a better 2020 draft slot.
Posted By: Haus Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 02:38 PM
edit/deleted
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 03:27 PM
Purp, you remain the master of understatement! thumbsup

When FK throws a bunch, we usually lose. So if he runs almost all day, our odds of winning improve barring fumbles. Harder to take plays off this way.

About gagged when I read FK was calling it all the way for plays on Sunday. Just felt that was best; I gagged meself and wondered out loud, "Based on what?" Just lousy offense ; maybe we let them hang around and our D loses it in the fourth. Hope I am wrong, but this O has lagged all year.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 04:27 PM
Throw enough to get OBJ his 1,000 (hopefully that is just one toss to start the game)... then Kitchens should turn into Paul Brown and just run it down their throats play after play after play after play.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 04:56 PM
I agree, the sad thing is we’ve said this for about 12 weeks now ... and we don’t follow it
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 05:18 PM
Considering what we saw last week, I think our opponents have figured out the little held secret that if you concentrate on stopping our run game and force Baker to best you with his arm, it's an easy W.

The Ravens held Chubb to 45 yards on 15 carries. Now I understand that the Bengals aren't the Ravens. But I'm pretty certain the strategy will be the same.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 05:42 PM
The Ravens have beat every team they have played this season ... except us and the Chiefs.

Their defense got progressively better as the year went on. They are 4th in total defense, 3rd in scoring defense, 7th in pass defense, and 4th in rush defense.

The Bengals are nowhere near the Ravens. They allow the most rushing yards in the NFL, 12th most pass yards, and allow the 8th most points/game.

There's no comparison between the 2 defenses. They are barely in the same solar system.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 05:45 PM
You said an interesting statement: “got progressively better as the year went on”

That’s something that is just a sign of good coaching/bad coaching. IMO, we are NO better than we were early in the year. In fact, we’re worse than we were last year at this time. Way worse.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
You said an interesting statement: “got progressively better as the year went on”

That’s something that is just a sign of good coaching/bad coaching. IMO, we are NO better than we were early in the year. In fact, we’re worse than we were last year at this time. Way worse.

The most progressive we got was, insurance.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 05:51 PM
Just to review my post YTown.....

Quote:
Now I understand that the Bengals aren't the Ravens. But I'm pretty certain the strategy will be the same.

I stand behind this. Nowhere did I say they can stop our run. I said that will be their strategy.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 07:37 PM

The most progressive we got was, insurance COMMERCIALS

Fixed it for ya. And I hope that we NEVER see another freaking commercial with Baker Mayfield in it. EVER. Hit the weight room, hit the books, hit the film study. That is what Baker needs to do. Geezus.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
The Ravens have beat every team they have played this season ... except us and the Chiefs.

Their defense got progressively better as the year went on. They are 4th in total defense, 3rd in scoring defense, 7th in pass defense, and 4th in rush defense.

The Bengals are nowhere near the Ravens. They allow the most rushing yards in the NFL, 12th most pass yards, and allow the 8th most points/game.

There's no comparison between the 2 defenses. They are barely in the same solar system.

Which is EXACTLY why dumbass will come out throwing (and thereby sealing his fate). What a wasted season this was. SMH
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Your Preference - 12/27/19 11:36 PM
Throw enough to get OBJ his 1,000 (hopefully that is just one toss to start the game)... then Kitchens should turn into Paul Brown and just run it down their throats play after play after play after play.

Turn into Paul Brown ... nah .. Turn into Woody Hayes. "Only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball, and 2 of them are bad."
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Your Preference - 12/28/19 01:07 AM
Win the game, get Chubb his rushing title.

Two straight seasons avoiding double-digit losses!!!!
Posted By: Haus Re: Your Preference - 12/28/19 01:10 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Win the game, get Chubb his rushing title.

Two straight seasons avoiding double-digit losses!!!!

Gotta start somewhere. smile
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Your Preference - 12/28/19 02:42 AM
Quote:
The most progressive we got was, insurance.

Flo for HC.
Jamey for OC.

thumbsup

"Make it so, Number One..."
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Your Preference - 12/28/19 03:25 AM
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!

Heck, run Chubb 300 times. thumbsup
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Your Preference - 12/28/19 09:16 PM
Have we ever finished a seson with a winning record in the AFC North?

I don't think so, if not that's the only reason I care about winning this game. It's something to build on.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Your Preference - 12/28/19 09:29 PM
3-2-1 last year
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Your Preference - 12/29/19 12:58 AM
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!

Heck, run Chubb 300 times. thumbsup

May have to. The forecast is for rain,,,rain...rain. Chubb vs Mixon - most yards wins the game.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Your Preference - 12/29/19 02:45 PM
Originally Posted By: The Beast

The most progressive we got was, insurance COMMERCIALS

Fixed it for ya. And I hope that we NEVER see another freaking commercial with Baker Mayfield in it. EVER. Hit the weight room, hit the books, hit the film study. That is what Baker needs to do. Geezus.

In reality, those commercials probably took all of three days to make. I seriously doubt if it had anything to do with Mayfield’s struggles.

His play is reflective of one major, major thing that most fans don’t fully accept: tape. The other teams in the league have tape on him now. It happens to every rookie in his second season.

I think Lamar Jackson would be the exception to this, simply because he has changed the way he plays the position.
Posted By: runback Re: Your Preference - 12/29/19 03:29 PM
I hope Browns win last game and KEEP Freddie as head coach.People on this forum that want new regime are morons.
Posted By: bluecollarball Re: Your Preference - 12/29/19 04:04 PM
Obviously the game doesn’t matter in terms of standings/playoffs/etc ... but, how do you want this to finish up? Do you want a good, resounding win to feel good? Do you want a dumpster fire to secure a better draft pick and/or get rid of Freddie? Is FK gone regardless?

What say you

I'm sick of losing. I want a win regardless of how that impacts the off season, which, as far as I can tell, the die has already been cast.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Your Preference - 12/29/19 05:12 PM
Always want a win, screw draft position. If there is a player you want, there is a way to get them.

I want a beat down of epic proportions
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Your Preference - 12/29/19 07:23 PM
Landry is a badass.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Your Preference - 12/29/19 09:31 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Chubb vs Mixon - most yards wins the game.

Prophetic...and pitiful.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Your Preference - 12/29/19 10:40 PM
I did too.

Starting to adjust to this new normal. Scaling back BM, want to help our OL pack.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Your Preference - 12/30/19 08:29 AM
adios Mr Kitchens. ....your are the only coach we’ve had in 20 years that had some talent to work with.. cya
© DawgTalkers.net