DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/04/20 07:04 PM
https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2020/1/4/2...tseason-in-2019

AFC
Baltimore Ravens: QB Robert Griffin III (2016), WR Willie Snead (2014), LB L.J. Fort (2013), CB Denzel Rice (2018)***

Kansas City Chiefs: RB Elijah McGuire (2019)**, OG Cameron Erving (2017), OL Austin Reiter (2018), OT Mitchell Schwartz (2015), DE Emmanuel Ogbah (2018)*, DL Devaroe Lawrence (2019)**

New England Patriots: QB Cody Kessler (2017), TE Ben Watson (2012), DT Danny Shelton (2017)

Houston Texans: RB Carlos Hyde (2018), RB Duke Johnson (2019), TE Darren Fells (2018), OT Roderick Johnson (2018), OLB Barkevious Mingo (2016), S Mike Adams (2011), FS Tashaun Gipson (2015)*, CB Phillip Gaines (2019)*

Buffalo Bills: FS Jordan Poyer (2016)

Tennessee Titans: RB Dion Lewis (2014), WR Darius Jennings (2016), K Greg Joseph (2019)

NFC
San Francisco 49ers: RB Raheem Mostert (2016), OT Shon Coleman (2018)*, DE Anthony Zettel (2019), CB K’Waun Williams (2016)

Green Bay Packers: FB Malcolm Johnson (2016)*, S Ibraheim Campbell (2017), CB Tramon Williams (2016)

New Orleans Saints: LB Demario Davis (2017), LB Craig Robertson (2015), CB Johnson Bademosi (2015)*

Philadelphia Eagles: QB Josh McCown (2016), DE Genard Avery (2019)

Seattle Seahawks: RB Robert Turbin (2015)

Minnesota Vikings: DE Ifeadi Odenigbo (2018), P Britton Colquitt (2019)

*is currently on IR
**is currently on practice squad
***is on practice squad/injured reserve
I watched the Saints a few times and Davis really played well for them at times .. we could have used him honestly
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/04/20 07:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I watched the Saints a few times and Davis really played well for them at times .. we could have used him honestly

Davis is an all-pro level player. He became that as soon we got rid of him.
#notrealplayers
Watching the Texans vs Bills feels like watching One former Browns team vs. Another former Browns team.

Win or Lose the Bills are doing something Right!

Something I could really get behind, they might not be the best, but it's clear they have their crap together, to a point,

And I first noticed about 6 weeks ago when I noticed they'd given up few points, even in losses, in most games all year.

Bills are being coached right.
Thanks for making my pain worse by posting this thread.
Ryan Tannehill is about to make his playoff debut,

for the Titans.

Nobody, on this board, appreciated Ryan Tannehill's finish of his final College Bowl game, and thus apparent readiness to be a Legit Qb in this league, More than me
And his Value to be a top 10 overall pick that year, ..
Once that RGIII and Whomever else were spoken for,

More than Me!

And Had Hoped the Real Reason the Browns' were trading up in that draft: Was for Tannehill,

and not the Running back. (shoot, I forgot his name, not a slight, just a mind block,. TRENT RICHARDSON!!, there I remembered.)

So For Everyone who said to me Tannehill was a WR.
and wouldn't make it as a QB

He's making his first playoff start, as a QB,

All these years later!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/05/20 01:53 AM
My biggest takeaway is Kessler is still in the league.
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Hue did say to trust him
How about Mingo still being in the league?
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/05/20 02:00 AM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Hue did say to trust him

I think he said " trust me on this one".
... or Bademosi
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/05/20 03:03 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
How about Mingo still being in the league?

Mingo (and a third round pick) netted the Seahawks Clowney.
Posted By: BpG Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/05/20 05:49 AM
Davis is the only one of note.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/05/20 06:30 AM
Originally Posted By: BpG

Mitchell Schwartz is great. Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde play a ton for the Texans. Austin Reiter is a quality offensive linemen.
Duke had a huge play in the game yesterday .. and I noticed Reiter as well
Posted By: jaybird Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/05/20 04:29 PM
Duke had an unbelievable play yesterday.... and I think one of the cutest things I saw yesterday was after the game... I saw Fells' two kids (had to be no older than 3 or 4) with their daddy's jersey on and the name plate said 'daddy'.... very cute...
The ex Browns mentioned are probably doing better because of better coaching and a more positive playing environment. The turmoil we go through every year takes its toll on we the fans. Imagine what it does to the players. Who wants to play in all the nonsense?
Nobody .. players hate playing here and have no motivation to do so. They move on and it’s a breath of fresh air
Mychal Kendricks
Posted By: BpG Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/06/20 01:54 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Mitchell Schwartz is great. Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde play a ton for the Texans. Austin Reiter is a quality offensive linemen.

Schwartz yes, I forgot since they didn't play. The others are replacement level players.
I think you are missing Jamie Collins in the Patriots
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/06/20 04:32 PM

Schwartz yes, I forgot since they didn't play. The others are replacement level players.

Craig Roberston has been really good for the Saints and is one of their team captains.
Which former Browns coaches were in the playoffs?
Posted By: Swish Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/06/20 06:19 PM

brian daboll. BB. Kyle shanahan.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/06/20 06:25 PM

Too many to count. The 49ers have at least seven (Kyle Shanhan, Jon Embree, Brian Fleury, Johnny Holland, Mike LaFleur, Mike McDaniel, Bobby Slowik).

Side note, Wes Welker is the 49ers wide receiver coach.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/06/20 08:10 PM

Too many to count. The 49ers have at least seven (Kyle Shanhan, Jon Embree, Brian Fleury, Johnny Holland, Mike LaFleur, Mike McDaniel, Bobby Slowik).

In addition to your's and Swish's lists....

Romeo Crennel, Pete Carmichael, Mike Pettine, Brad Seely, Carl Smith, Ken Flajole.
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Romeo Crennel, Pete Carmichael, Mike Pettine, Brad Seely, Carl Smith, Ken Flajole.

There aren't many, but I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of our old coordinators in the building for an interview and potentially round 2 of coaching in Berea. Seely is one of those. Pettine would be a good coordinator for us. Shanny is obvious (now).

Instead we're interviewing Daboll... ugh.
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

There aren't many, but I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of our old coordinators in the building for an interview and potentially round 2 of coaching in Berea. Seely is one of those. Pettine would be a good coordinator for us. Shanny is obvious (now).

Instead we're interviewing Daboll... ugh.

There might have been 20 former Browns coaches at the start of the playoffs this year. That's 20 guys who "sucked" when they were here, but somehow found success elsewhere.

The Browns owner makes it difficult, if not impossible, for a Head Coach to succeed ... and thus, the assistants also seem to struggle. I don't know when he is going to get the message to hire good people, watch the games from his suite, and STHU.
well, when pretty much half the entire league (coaches and players) has cycled their way through Berea, this is bound to happen.
There are a fair amount of coordinators that were at least not terrible (didn't deserve to be fired) but were either let go because the HC sucked, or were let go when the next guy was hired.
oh, absolutely... and almost all were likely happy to get out of here when they could.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/06/20 09:18 PM

Buffalo - Brian Daboll
Baltimore - Joe Cullen (also got arrested for going through a Wendy's drive thru nude)
Houston - Carl Smith (twice), Brad Seely
Philadelphia - Jim Schwartz (he was a scout under Belichick), Ken Flajole
Green Bay - Mike Pettine
Minnesota - Kennedy Polamalu

Doug Pederson, Ken Dorsey, and Austin Davis are all former Browns players that I noticed on staff too.

Buffalo - Brian Daboll
Baltimore - Joe Cullen (also got arrested for going through a Wendy's drive thru nude)
Green Bay - Mike Pettine

Doug Pederson, Ken Dorsey, and Austin Davis are all former Browns players that I noticed on staff too.
Fun Fact, Ken Dorsey used to post on the original board as fan calling for him to start. It was rather odd.
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Buffalo - Brian Daboll
Green Bay - Mike Pettine

Fun Fact, Ken Dorsey used to post on the original board as fan calling for him to start. It was rather odd.
haha really? I hadn’t heard that
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Buffalo - Brian Daboll
Green Bay - Mike Pettine

haha really? I hadn’t heard that
There was no way to actually "prove" it was him, but a few of us back then were quite certain it was him.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/07/20 05:50 PM
This board started in 2006. He would have been a user here.
Really launched his career! We have had enough talent pass through here to do almost anything in the NFL. We only seem to have hindsight and place events in horrible light.

I hope we catch some lightning in a bottle here. But we saw some pretty casual people on the field. I want to get tired of winning so much.
The past Browns players that shined or played pretty well in the playoffs..

AFC
Kansas City Chiefs: OL Austin Reiter (2018), OT Mitchell Schwartz (2015)

Houston Texans: RB Carlos Hyde (2018), RB Duke Johnson (2019), TE Darren Fells (2018), OLB Barkevious Mingo (2016),

Tennessee Titans: RB Dion Lewis (2014), K Greg Joseph (2019)

NFC
San Francisco 49ers: RB Raheem Mostert - Huge NFC Championship game rushing over 225 yds - (2016), DE Anthony Zettel (a couple of sacks, TFL - (2019), CB K’Waun Williams (2016)

New Orleans Saints: LB Demario Davis (2017), outside of the 1 year he was with the Browns, this guy plays his butt off.
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
This board started in 2006. He would have been a user here.
If I recall, both boards were running at the same time.

A lot of people didn't like when they changed the board to the newer format (updated backgrounds, posting, etc) and this board was created to keep it the way it was.
Exactly. both were up at the same time IIRC
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 01/31/20 02:21 AM
This used to be the official Browns board.
They changed it in 2006 and revamped it. I joined but it wasn’t the same, then purp soon after started this one, making it almost exactly like the original.

It was around Sept. 11 2006, which is when I and a few others joined (re-joined??). It’s also why some of us have that date under our user name.

I didn’t like the changes that were made at the official browns chat site. Some posters only came back when the Browns organization eliminated their message board. That’s cool though, I’m not judging.
https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2020/1/4/2...tseason-in-2019

AFC
Baltimore Ravens: QB Robert Griffin III (2016), WR Willie Snead (2014), LB L.J. Fort (2013), CB Denzel Rice (2018)***

Kansas City Chiefs: RB Elijah McGuire (2019)**, OG Cameron Erving (2017), OL Austin Reiter (2018), OT Mitchell Schwartz (2015), DE Emmanuel Ogbah (2018)*, DL Devaroe Lawrence (2019)**

New England Patriots: QB Cody Kessler (2017), TE Ben Watson (2012), DT Danny Shelton (2017)

Houston Texans: RB Carlos Hyde (2018), RB Duke Johnson (2019), TE Darren Fells (2018), OT Roderick Johnson (2018), OLB Barkevious Mingo (2016), S Mike Adams (2011), FS Tashaun Gipson (2015)*, CB Phillip Gaines (2019)*

Buffalo Bills: FS Jordan Poyer (2016)

Tennessee Titans: RB Dion Lewis (2014), WR Darius Jennings (2016), K Greg Joseph (2019)

NFC
San Francisco 49ers: RB Raheem Mostert (2016), OT Shon Coleman (2018)*, DE Anthony Zettel (2019), CB K’Waun Williams (2016)

Green Bay Packers: FB Malcolm Johnson (2016)*, S Ibraheim Campbell (2017), CB Tramon Williams (2016)

New Orleans Saints: LB Demario Davis (2017), LB Craig Robertson (2015), CB Johnson Bademosi (2015)*

Philadelphia Eagles: QB Josh McCown (2016), DE Genard Avery (2019)

Seattle Seahawks: RB Robert Turbin (2015)

Minnesota Vikings: DE Ifeadi Odenigbo (2018), P Britton Colquitt (2019)

*is currently on IR
**is currently on practice squad
***is on practice squad/injured reserve

Not sure what happened with Lawrence here.. He was playing pretty well I thought... Seemed to be well thought of by teammates also.....Don't get it.

I guess I didn't remember Mostart being here... Yikes..
Yeah, which is why DT Day at training camp used to be so cool ... cuz this board was the Browns board. I wish we could somehow pull that off again
Forgot cam erving.
Erving is the worst player I've ever seen in the NFL.
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Was. He got a bit better once away from the Browns.
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Was. He got a bit better once away from the Browns.

He isn't starting anymore, is he? Pretty sure I didn't see him out there.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Former Browns players on playoff roster - 02/04/20 02:45 AM
Cam Erving gets a Super Bowl ring, while Joe Thomas does not.

Life is really fair sometimes.

The winless Browns cut him, now he's a Super Bowl champ
https://sports.yahoo.com/the-winless-browns-cut-him-now-hes-a-super-bowl-champ-214949083.html
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — In 2016, Austin Reiter was a center for the Cleveland Browns. The team went 1-15, although, in fairness, Reiter was injured for most of it.

In 2017, Austin Reiter returned for another season with the Cleveland Browns, only this time limited to special teams offensive line play. The team went 0-16. That’s the worst two-year stretch (and tied for the worst single season) of any franchise in NFL history.

Before the start of the 2018 season, Cleveland cut him. Arguably the worst team the NFL has ever seen determined that Austin Reiter wasn’t good enough to play for them anymore.

From the outside, this sort of made sense. You go 1-31 and you might as well clean house. After all, exactly how good could a special teamer who couldn't crack an offensive line rotation that allowed a whopping 50 sacks in 2017 and a league-high 130 quarterback hits actually be?

Reiter didn’t have much of a pedigree to argue. He was a two-star recruit out of high school before signing with South Florida. Washington drafted him in 2014, but not until the 7th round. He then spent his entire time in Washington on the practice squad. Obviously no one in Cleveland thought much of him.

Maybe, it was fair to wonder, if having the Browns fire him was a sign his NFL career was over.

“One man’s trash,” Reiter said, smiling, on Sunday night, “is another man’s treasure.”

Reiter, 28, was standing in the middle of the celebratory swirl of the Kansas City Chiefs locker room. He was wearing a Super Bowl champion hat on his head and a Super Bowl champion t-shirt over his shoulder pads. He was about to get his hands on the Vince Lombardi Trophy, give it a kiss and pose for a picture.

The guy who couldn’t make it on one of the worst teams in the league had just been a starter on the best team in the league.

“The NFL is crazy,” Reiter said. “The Lord works in mysterious ways and here I am.”

Fans and media understandably focus on the stars and that was no different when Kansas City defeated San Francisco 31-20 in Super Bowl LIV on Sunday, where quarterback Patrick Mahomes was deservedly the game’s MVP.

The core of every NFL team, however, is made up of guys such as Reiter, somewhat interchangeable talents who are always looking for the right opportunity, the right fit, the right coach to believe in them. Careers are short. Stops on teams are shorter.

“I’ve been with plenty of guys, two years done and you never get another workout again,” Reiter said. “That is always in the back of my head.”

And when Cleveland got rid of him, it would have been easy for him to give up. Except for two things. One, his support system back in Bradenton, Florida, where he grew up, and at USF.

“Family, friends, my trainers,” Reiter said. “They always believed in me.”

The second was that it only took one day for Kansas City to claim him off waivers. The Chiefs, a perennial playoff team, had clearly seen something in the 6-3, 300-pounder.

Even then, nothing was guaranteed. He was making the league minimum for a player with his experience ($630,000). He knew he could be cut and replaced at any moment.

“I just kept working,” Reiter said. He didn’t get into a game until Week 6 and that was only on special teams. It wasn’t until Week 8 of the 2018 season that he finally played with the regular offensive unit.

Along the way, the Chiefs actually won a game, 45-10 over Cincinnati. The date: October 10, 2018. It was the first game Reiter had played in that his team had won in nearly four years, dating back to when USF defeated SMU 14-13 on Nov. 15, 2014.

He played in every Chiefs game the rest of the year, either on special teams or the offensive line. He even started four times. In December of 2018, Kansas City rewarded him with a two-year guaranteed contract, worth up to $5.5. million. Offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy noted Reiter had done “a hell of a job.”
© DawgTalkers.net