DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 04:31 PM
Hmm
Posted By: dawg66 Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 04:34 PM
I like him....had him as my #2 TE behind Trautman from Dayton.
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 3
NFL Comparison
George Kittle
Overview
Bryant's plus athletic traits, high football IQ and toughness as a blocker make him one of the most talented, well-rounded tight ends in this draft. He's a little light to be considered for full-time work as a "Y" tight end, but his technique and tenacity should not be discounted in his ability to help the running game. He's instinctive in space with speed and separation talent to work all three levels and gives offensive coordinators the freedom to line him up all over the field. Bryant could become an early starter and has the talent to be a high volume pass-catching target as a move tight end.

Strengths
Basketball fluidity in movement around the field
Offers second and third level pass-catching option
Held his own against cornerbacks when split out wide
Bursts into routes side-stepping traffic and staying on schedule
Alters route tempo and with good burst into turns to uncover
Highly instinctive in space and quality improvisor when play breaks down Tenacious but technically savvy as run and pass blocker
Strikes firmly with inside hands and works to stay centered and engaged
Shows ability to secure catch through contact
More than held his own against Ohio State

Weaknesses
Needs a little better knee bend to improve leverage
Will get a little upright into his breaks
Just average in making body adjustments to catch off-target throws
Needs to eliminate some drift and tighten up route turns
Occasional peeks inside will cause a focus drop
Short-area shake is just average after the catch
Still room for improvement with body positioning as red zone target
Browns select Harrison Bryant, Tight End Florida Atlantic, with the 115th overall, which in 1988 would have been the 3rd pick of the 5th round.

A FOURTH ROUNDER! There ya go: 115 Overall.

Conf Usa, was mentioned, Unamious all amercian AP, was mentioned, 1000+ rec yeards was mentioned. on the broadcast.

John Mackey award winner top te, Eyeball test, Blonde, Blue eye.
A comparison to Kittle ... lol wow
Good blocker and can catch. nice move
I guess if he turned out as good as Kittle, he'd be OK.

rofl wink
Seems like a high upside guy.

Dane Brugler had a 3rd round grade on him and his 3rd highest rated TE.

Jake Burns
@jake_burns18
·
1m
Very much agree. Some nice hybrid TE/WR slot stuff can happen there for them.
Whichever Team has the best tight end play, will win the AFC North for about the 30th year in a row, I predict.
FAU used him all over. I can see him at h-back/FB on outside zone plays. Blocked OSU's LBs pretty well and didn't look out of place. Well rounded. Inline, big slot, gives us some versatility in formations without changing personnel.
I like him
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 04:45 PM
The “if Njoku sucks” pick.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 04:46 PM
Sweet!
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
The “if Njoku sucks” pick.

True, I just hope he doesn't we need all 3 ..
Portrait doesn't look like a football player.
Posted By: Hammer Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 04:47 PM
Njoku does suck.
Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Njoku does suck.

A little premature don't ya think?
Posted By: Hammer Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 04:50 PM
after 4 years - no.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 04:51 PM
after 4 years - no.

Three. And one in Kitchens’ dog house.
j/c...

From PFF's draft guide...

I’d say it does mean something for Carlson .. and perhaps the FB we got from Denver

Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
13m
Kevin Stefanski used multiple TEs 57% of the time last year, tops in the NFL. There will be plenty of playing time for all three TEs (Hooper, Njoku, Bryant) in Cleveland next season.
Good point ...

Is this our version of SF’s Jurko or is this the end of the road for Njoku ....

This could turn out to be one hell of a pick depending on how they plan to use dude ...

LETS GOOOOOOooooooooooo thumbsup
Posted By: Dave Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 05:51 PM
Just heard Stefanski on CBD's Draft Show say that he might run some 3 TE offensive sets (13 formation?).
Thinking about our personnel ... 2 great WRs, 2 great RBs, 3 capable (hopefully) TEs, a Swiss Army knife FB, two good OTs ... there’s so much we can do now
There's nothing we CAN'T do or match up with.

A TE that can block AND catch?? I may be faint, lol!
Pay attention, Njoku!
My hope is they look to get this guy into an NFL weight room, beef him up and work on his blocking technique to make him that all-around TE we still seem to be missing.
Haha yeah a TE that is a dual threat has been a missing piece for a while
That may be wishful thinking.
"Zero in line blocking skills, college DE's threw him into the backfield,"
sounds like a harsh thing to read, and may be un fixable.

That is on that graph "cons" from earlier in this thread, small print kind of hard to read.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 06:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

From PFF's draft guide...

Bump^ 78.9% blocking grade.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 06:36 PM
He's a good drive blocker but he needs to work on his pass blocking.
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
My hope is they look to get this guy into an NFL weight room, beef him up and work on his blocking technique to make him that all-around TE we still seem to be missing.

The guy was a tackle, I think he knows how to block. He also played DT.
Posted By: hitt Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 07:14 PM
He's terrible, Mackey Award winner....stinks.....GO Browns!!!
Originally Posted By: hitt
He's terrible, Mackey Award winner....stinks.....GO Browns!!!

I think most that complain and whine probably have no idea who the guy even is. They read a write up and find the cons and roll with them. This happens every year with every pick we take. Heck I remember people complaining that Garret was a bum his first year. Madden makes everyone think they know how to evaluate talent, it makes me laugh.
Originally Posted By: dawg66

OK, but why in the heck are we going to use him as a pass blocker?

What kind of grades do QB's have at pass blocking?

What grade does Jarvis have as a pass blocker?

If you want a pass blocker in there, put a pass blocker in there! Scheesh!
Anyone who could "handle tOSU can't be too bad at blocking. And "sacrifices body out in space or coming across the formation." Never heard of him before today, but I'm mighty interested now.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 08:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Well occasionally TEs are asked to stay in and pass block, like in max protect situations.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/25/20 08:57 PM

Well occasionally TEs are asked to stay in and pass block, like in max protect situations.

Absolutely, so I agree that there is room for improvent in that area of his game and perhaps add some good weight too.

But I like that he can help us in the early downs in the run game (RPO) in the 12 Personnel.
I lke it. Light a fire under Njoku's #$%

Go Browns!

OK, no argument.

Since it is an occasional deal, who really cares?

I can see him needing to be a fairly good run blocker. If we are passing the ball, he needs to be out on some route.

I can see using him for a chip block to keep the DE from being able to go wide and direct him in to your tackle.

Then get out there and catch the darn ball.
https://mobile.twitter.com/clevezirm/status/1254180810468388864

There’s a nice breakdown of the importance of drafting Bryant .. nice insight IMO
Posted By: eotab Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/26/20 12:06 PM

We just invested in two OTs so that we have less of a need for a pass blocking TE...I think he can handle the chip block as he then runs his route!

I love the size of his hands - good run blocker and will be a nice addition to our run game.

jmho
Any chance this dude becomes our FB/H-back .... our version of Jurko in SF?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/26/20 03:31 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Any chance this dude becomes our FB/H-back .... our version of Jurko in SF?

No.
Posted By: Hammer Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/26/20 04:29 PM
Doubtful - he's 6'5". Don't see him as a FB, that is for sure.
I’m surprised he’s 6’5 ... on film he looks like 6’2 or so
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Make sure you're checking out the right guy. Some people confused our guy, Harrison Bryant, with UDFA Hunter Bryant. (who is only 6'2")
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Make sure you're checking out the right guy. Some people confused our guy, Harrison Bryant, with UDFA Hunter Bryant. (who is only 6'2")
hmm okay maybe thats the case thanks
Ty & cfrs ...

Bummer ...
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/26/20 08:44 PM
j/c,
Harrison Bryant is a TE in the truest sense of the word/position.
Put him in the slot or on a wing. Some interesting stuff there. TE screen!
Posted By: eotab Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/27/20 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

We just invested in two OTs so that we have less of a need for a pass blocking TE...I think he can handle the chip block as he then runs his route!

I love the size of his hands - good run blocker and will be a nice addition to our run game.

jmho

Just for the record I had been looking at the wrong BRYANT...as there was another one that was 6'2"

But this kid Harrison was a Left Tackle prior to switching to TE. So he has the knowledge of blocking more than most TE's coming into the NFL as usually its guys coming in as TEs that make the switch to LT not the other way around.

What I'm saying is this kid understands the angles related to blocking and especially regarding the corner. I'm sure he will add some muscle over the next couple of years he has the frame to do so.

But he has the understanding which is more important. He can be your slot TE as well as the Y TE more so than Njoku.

We have a good competition between Harrison, Pharaoh Brown and Carlson I think two will stay as we will be carrying 4 TEs for the season.

jmho
Posted By: Pdawg Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/28/20 03:03 AM

Every offensive play against Buckeyes
Posted By: Pdawg Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/28/20 03:04 AM

Highlight film
He’s certainly that team’s “queen” piece on the chess board ... I’ve seen him move all over the place from RB, FB, slot, and out wide
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

This could turn out to be one hell of a pick depending on how they plan to use dude ...

LETS GOOOOOOooooooooooo thumbsup

And depending on how motivated he is, how hard he works, and if the team sticks it out, not giving up on him too soon,
could be Mark Campbell, or could be Randall Telfer.

Browns_Daily
@Browns_Daily
New #Browns TE Harrison Bryant will wear number 88.
Posted By: Dave Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/29/20 09:07 PM
I hope they got Reggie Langhorne's blessings. grin
Posted By: FATE Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 04/29/20 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I hope they got Reggie Langhorne's blessings. grin

So you're just gonna ignore Frisman Jackson like he never happened?? tongue
Rookie TE Harrison Bryant brings versatility needed to fit into Browns’ crowded offense -- Film review - cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/05...ilm-review.html
Posted By: eotab Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 05/08/20 12:24 PM
Actually on that last run play on goal to go. I thought he made a great block sealing the edge. I don't know what this guy was talking about him getting moved back...He took the inside move and seal it as well as knocking the defender towards the middle utilizing the Defenders momentum and the RB had an EASY score. Not sure what this guy was talking about. Of course it will be nice and more than probable that HB will put on some muscle...almost all TEs do especially one who is 6'5" and built where he can add muscle as his body MATURES into a MAN!

Do I expect much from him as a rookie...nah I expect him to learn and next off season I expect a big time conditioning program to have him gain weight without slowing him down and in some cases like Seth Devalve that is exactly what happened and Bryant has a body to do it even better. I expect him to be around 260 by his 3rd season with us.

jmho
I agree, he won't see a whole lot of time. He is here to learn and take over when we dump Njoku next year.
I agree, he won't see a whole lot of time. He is here to learn and take over when we dump Njoku next year.

Well we picked up his fifth-year option so it might have to be the year after that. Plus , Berry indicated Njoku is in the team's long term plans. That really doesn't mean much at this point as things can change, but "dumping him" doesn't see to be in the plans just yet.
The 5th year option is likely as much a showing of faith as it is a hedging our bets. He just has to get serious about his hands and his blocking.... the rest of his game is solid.

If he makes the strides needed and becomes the professional that works to eliminate the holes in his game, we keep him. If he doesn't and blows off working on his blocking because he just wants to catch the ball, then we don't keep him.... probably find a trading partner that wants him and on a cheap 5th year rookie contract, we can get someone to pony up at least a 3rd, maybe a 2nd.
Quote:
The 5th year option is likely as much a showing of faith as it is a hedging our bets.

No doubt.

Quote:
If he makes the strides needed and becomes the professional that works to eliminate the holes in his game, we keep him. If he doesn't and blows off working on his blocking because he just wants to catch the ball, then we don't keep him....

I don't disagree with this. Essentially, he is in their long-term plans/hopes until he isn't.
J/C. I think we must remember when we selected Njoku he was the youngest player in the draft. He is still just 23 and will be in his 3rd offense. I believe he will be given ample opportunity to contribute. Our unstable organization is not his fault, I think he will be a good player in this league whether it is with us or someone else.
No, our organization is not his fault, but he owns working on the things he CAN control.
I agree, I think last year his injury was frustrating to him, and when the wheels fell off with Freddy it clearly made him look bad. As I said I think he will have an opportunity, and if he isn't part of our new style on offense we could probably move him for something. I believe he has a skill set to be very good in the League. He is still a very young player.
Posted By: hitt Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 05/11/20 04:09 PM
Potential and production are very different things- how many YEARS do you support potential...in a different occupation how many years do you wait on an employee to reach their top- couple months MAYBE....if David isn't good/very good...admit he's another first round bust and move on....GO Browns!!!!
Posted By: eotab Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 05/11/20 05:32 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Well we picked up his fifth-year option so it might have to be the year after that. Plus , Berry indicated Njoku is in the team's long term plans. That really doesn't mean much at this point as things can change, but "dumping him" doesn't see to be in the plans just yet.

It all depends how he progresses (Njoku) If he comes back to form and provides a good high target for Baker in the Red Zone and he matures in his production as he still is a young player. If that happens (the positives) we have long term plans for him. If it doesn't we won't spend much money on him.

jmho
Agree, this new system will play well for our TE's. The FB will definitley help the TE's as far as Chipping and helping to block. Cant really think of anyone but Chubb who really progressed under last years system. I believe our young talents will have a better chance this year.

Studying Harrison Bryant's Florida Atlantic tape to get a feel for how he won at the college level from a variety of alignments with an expanded route tree. Also looking at his blocking in both phases and his areas to clean up in the NFL.

For more deep-dive analysis, join us at TheOBR where Bryant's Film Room recently posted tracking the All-22 over his Mackey Award winning season and has an abundance of clips providing more insights on his current level of ability.

READ BRYANT'S FILM ROOM: https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-b...
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Studying Harrison Bryant's Florida Atlantic tape to get a feel for how he won at the college level from a variety of alignments with an expanded route tree. Also looking at his blocking in both phases and his areas to clean up in the NFL.

For more deep-dive analysis, join us at TheOBR where Bryant's Film Room recently posted tracking the All-22 over his Mackey Award winning season and has an abundance of clips providing more insights on his current level of ability.

READ BRYANT'S FILM ROOM: https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-b...

This thumbnail makes Bryant look like a cam star.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 05/12/20 09:19 PM
Cam star? Could you speak English?
Like an online "cam model".

Look at the thumbnail.

You are dating yourself Florida Man.
rofl
Posted By: eotab Re: 4th Round Pick - Harrison Bryant, TE FAU - 05/13/20 01:30 PM
My thumbnail is cropped nicely - I just got a new nail clipper and its very sharp compared to what I was using.
© DawgTalkers.net