DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Injuries - 09/11/20 05:23 PM
Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns
ruled out CBs Greedy Williams (shoulder) and Kevin Johnson (liver), OT Chris Hubbard (ankle) and LB Mack Wilson (knee) for Sunday’s game against the Ravens. Cleveland listed center JC Tretter (knee surgery Aug. 13) and nickelback M.J. Stewart (hamstring) as questionable.

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1304469632015794176
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/11/20 06:07 PM
I really hope Greedy doesn’t turn out to be one of those guys
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/11/20 07:10 PM
I see Geno Atkins is out for Cincy this week .. short rest, he may miss our game too
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/11/20 07:22 PM
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Injuries - 09/11/20 08:32 PM
Said it before , say it again.. Our FO has a habit of drafting glass at the DB spot.. I would be surprised if Ward or Greedy played 11 or so games a year.. Felt that way about Delpit coming out of College.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 01:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I see Geno Atkins is out for Cincy this week .. short rest, he may miss our game too
I hope he is out, he has been creating havoc inside for nearly a decade...I wish so bad we were playing the Bengals in week 1...they are decimated with injuries as well.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 01:27 AM
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Said it before , say it again.. Our FO has a habit of drafting glass at the DB spot.. I would be surprised if Ward or Greedy played 11 or so games a year.. Felt that way about Delpit coming out of College.

Yeah it is really sad, sadly Greedy and Denzel are rather slight of build and frail...Delpit unfortunately has a very tough recovery ahead of him...I'm a big fan of Karl Joseph, and I wanted him in FA...And I warned everyone you need to have good-very good insurance behind him, as he's likely to get injured as well....Doesn't bode well for this season.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 01:33 AM

So when Balti goes out 4 wide...We have Denzel, Terrence Mitchell, Thomas (yuck) and who? if MJ Stewart is out too? Man Baltimore will take advantage of this too, as smart teams fine their favorable matchups.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs

So when Balti goes out 4 wide...We have Denzel, Terrence Mitchell, Thomas (yuck) and who? if MJ Stewart is out too? Man Baltimore will take advantage of this too, as smart teams fine their favorable matchups.

Stewart is questionable
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 02:20 AM

Baltimore used 4+ WRs on only 3 snaps all of last season, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. link

As run/TE heavy as they were, I expected the number to be low, but not that low.

I am interested in seeing who all is active on Sunday. I wouldn't be overly surprised if AJ Green/Robert Jackson uses one of the two games he can get called up from the practice squad without going to the active roster.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 02:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

Baltimore used 4+ WRs on only 3 snaps all of last season, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. link

As run/TE heavy as they were, I expected the number to be low, but not that low.

I am interested in seeing who all is active on Sunday. I wouldn't be overly surprised if AJ Green/Robert Jackson uses one of the two games he can get called up from the practice squad without going to the active roster.

I would wonder if there would be an influx to those numbers with how decimated our secondary is...

I also wonder if those numbers are skewed due to the fact of sending a TE out wide...which in theory may be 4 wide but only 3 WRS and TE outside...not how sure that is calculated...But if I were Baltimore I would def attack that secondary...And though Baltimore WR core is far from great, they due have some young mismatch WRs that can be dangerous (Hollywood Brown and Duvernay have great speed, Snead is sneaky, Boykin has that long length) I'm just hoping we able to contain them.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 02:45 AM
Pass rush and qb contain going to be huge this game
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 02:47 AM
Looking through Baltimore's receivers did make me think about it some more. I still think Harbaugh is too much of a use the run to setup the pass guy to go 4 wide too often. Here's an article from this May with Harbaugh talking about Lamar's next step being improving his ability to take advantage of one on one matchups outside when opponents have 8 in the box. link

I think, especially with the shortened off-season, they'll stick pretty close to their "standard" identity. Throw in their struggles against Tennessee once they fell behind and had to pass, and I find it harder to see them going super pass heavy in the tone setting season opener.

It does feel like a thought worth considering, though.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 03:37 AM

Another interesting angle I stumbled upon is the fact that Sendejo actually played some slot corner for the Vikings last season. link

We could see some of Sendejo at nickel/dime with Redwine at FS. I'm curious to see how Redwine has developed.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 09:52 AM
usually when guys are out Sunday, they don’t play Thursday and the team uses the mini bye to get them back. Hopefully that’s the case with Cincy
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 03:54 PM
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 06:13 PM
Getting to him withe ball in his hand a couple times will help. The media worship is ongoing for the Ratters. Hurt the run, contain, and finish blitz quickly. Our D needs to stomp the showboat out of them early on. They can be rattled, but gotta go to work AND put up some points.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 09:15 PM
I think Redwine has a lot to prove,

I think Redwine either needs to start playing like a football player or

It's possible he can make plays, so he better make some, because it's really a plays better or find someone else quick situation.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 09/12/20 09:20 PM
Is Higgins going to play?
nanner ohhhh are we going to get to see Higgins play???

Yeah, Yeah, superstars superstars...

But, Is Higgins going to play???
Huh!
Huh! fingerscrossed wink naughtydevil thumbsup
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 12:20 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Is Higgins going to play?
nanner ohhhh are we going to get to see Higgins play???

Yeah, Yeah, superstars superstars...

But, Is Higgins going to play???
Huh!
Huh! fingerscrossed wink naughtydevil thumbsup

Not if the ghost of Freddy Kitchens has anything to do with it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 09:21 AM
brownie
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 12:25 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 02:21 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 02:40 PM

Wish I could be out there today w/ my brothers. But best believe I’m doing everything in my power to make a comeback Folded hands. The time is here!!!!! Face with look of triumphFace with look of triumphFace with look of triumph #5ive1 #LetsssGoooo

https://twitter.com/5mackwilson1/status/1305152419635101700
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 07:37 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 07:37 PM
Such is the life for us
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Hopefully he can bounce back next year but it will be tough to do so seeing that it will basi8be his rookie season still
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 09:54 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 09:55 PM
Is cm3 still out there
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 09:57 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Is cm3 still out there

yes
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 09:59 PM
Earl Thomas still available?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 11:24 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 11:29 PM
Well, that’s good
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injuries - 09/13/20 11:31 PM
Isn't that kind of weak?

A bruise?

They were making it sound like he was going to need a scooter to get him home.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 12:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Isn't that kind of weak?

A bruise?

If it is a bone bruise it is a little more serious.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 12:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Isn't that kind of weak?

A bruise?

Those things hurt like hell, I’ve had them.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 12:37 AM
Isn't that kind of weak?

A bruise?

exactly... those can be pretty painful... better than a break or god forbid torn ligament.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 12:34 PM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Isn't that kind of weak?

A bruise?

exactly... those can be pretty painful... better than a break or god forbid torn ligament.

Same here. I had one as a goalie, and I was on IR (beer league hockey, lol) for almost a month. Keep in mind, it was only a couple years prior I was in college and playing in games with a broken finger.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 04:10 PM
j/c...

Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Hopefully we get some more good news with Phillips and Njoku
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 05:12 PM
I would imagine, with the very short week, just about anyone with a non-trivial injury missing any time is likely not going to play on Thursday.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 05:39 PM
Hats off to Njoku.... he stepped up in a way he hasn't since being here.

It wasn't enough to matter in the end, but he took care of business on his end.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 06:31 PM
j/c...

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 06:32 PM
j/c...

Players can come off injured reserve after three weeks. But that is a big blow for Njoku’s contract year.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 06:39 PM
Glad its only a few weeks, but still sucks
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 06:56 PM
I have read nothing that says it will only be a few weeks. He is eligible to come back in three weeks but it hasn’t been said that he will.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 07:00 PM
As soon as I posted my last reply Ian Rapoport said it’s a minor injury and he is expected back in 3 to 4 weeks
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 09:21 PM

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 09:31 PM
Surprised Wills wasn’t a DNP
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Injuries - 09/14/20 11:02 PM
Vernon is such a wasted roster spot...injured again? wtf
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: SunDawg
Vernon is such a wasted roster spot...injured again? wtf
i didnt see he was injured .. ugh
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 02:11 AM
Conklin hurt too. We need a new strength and conditioning team
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 10:45 AM
I understand that the injury bug can hit any team. However when you run a camp cupcake, the odds are going to be higher that this will happen.
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 10:49 AM
j/c...

Hopefully we get some more good news with Phillips and Njoku

Doesn't "still being evaluated ", usually mean they are waiting for the swelling to go down so they can take a mri? Either that or the player is getting a second opinion
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
I understand that the injury bug can hit any team. However when you run a camp cupcake, the odds are going to be higher that this will happen.

Or you have a rough camp, which is basically impossible to do, and players get hurt because they are worn down.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 07:27 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 07:51 PM
I mentioned this in another thread... if we can get out of this game relatively unscathed health-wise, the longer break could do wonders for our injury list.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 08:06 PM
Posted By: Dave Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Bad news if Conklin can't play. Carlos Dunlap ate Hubbard's lunch last year.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Injuries - 09/15/20 11:33 PM
Greedy Williams has been out more games than he has played I believe. I don't see Conklin being someone who would miss time with a minor injury. I would imagine Landry is going to be limited in practice for most of the year. His surgery was not a minor thing.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/16/20 12:39 PM
I think a lot of our O-line injury issues are mitigated by Geno Atkins being out. They still have talent on that line, but a major piece missing makes playing them much simpler.

Plus, the guys we have should still be able to run the ball... just sayin.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/16/20 12:46 PM
Greedy seems to be one of “those” guys who spends more time in the tub
Posted By: Dave Re: Injuries - 09/16/20 01:41 PM

Ever try to play tackle football with a bum shoulder? Sometimes you can't even sleep, much less tackle somebody.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/16/20 03:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

Ever try to play tackle football with a bum shoulder? Sometimes you can't even sleep, much less tackle somebody.
i don’t doubt it ... but some people get hurt more easily. He seems to be one of them. Whether it’s from technique, genetics, or whatever
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Injuries - 09/16/20 04:23 PM

i don’t doubt it ... but some people get hurt more easily. He seems to be one of them. Whether it’s from technique, genetics, or whatever

It's a pretty limited sample size, and it was a weird off-season.

It stinks, but injuries happen. It's hard to tell if he's injury prone or if something happened that was likely to injury anyone.
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 09/17/20 01:56 PM

Dave's response is dead on...shoulder injuries are painful and it can take longer to recover and rehab them than other types of injuries.

Greedy is 6-2 and listed as 185 lbs. The best thing Greedy can do to protect himself from injury, GET BIGGER.

Putting on muscle around the joints helps to protect the body from injury. Greedy is only 22 yrs old and he will develop his body if he puts in the time and work needed to improve his body.

Using proper techniques and being smart about how he plays the position can help.
© DawgTalkers.net