DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: OrangeCrush Officials - 09/26/20 12:32 PM
Just a heads up - Sarah Thomas is working the Browns/WFT game this weekend. The last time she worked a Browns/WFT game, she made one of the worst calls I have ever seen in a professional football game:

Posted By: myka Re: Officials - 09/26/20 03:47 PM
It'll be a refreshing change to have a ref that is bad at their job and accidentally making the Browns lose, instead of purposely making the Browns lose. naughtydevil
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Officials - 09/26/20 08:07 PM
Creating built in excuses before the game even starts is so "Browns fan" of you.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Officials - 09/26/20 11:00 PM
I know it's college but,
Kansas State was about to go up 10, up 3 with 1:20 to go in the 4th vs. Oklahoma, and Kansas State had all the momentum the last 3 drives on O, and the last 2 or more on D.

The Refs suddenly got all whistle happy against the Kansas State offense, questionable calls to set up giving the ball back to Oklahoma,

Kansas State still almost got a first down needing a Ton, on 2 plays, and 4th and short, I wondered why they didn't go for it,
but they were on their own side of the field,

Kansas State still won the game, interception, (they had had so much momentum), but the refs: ... helped Oklahoma,

Calls that helped keep the game, "up for grabs" even with less than 5 minutes to play in the game, so nobody would turn off the broadcast.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Officials - 09/27/20 01:28 AM
How transparent.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Officials - 09/27/20 03:35 AM
Quote:
Just a heads up - Sarah Thomas is working the Browns/WFT game this weekend.

SwearToGod: I read that matcup as: "Browns/WTF."

Football: in 2020.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Officials - 09/27/20 03:38 AM
I wondered from the beginning if that was the intent when they changed they "temporally" changed the name. Snyder is a jerk.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Officials - 09/27/20 09:26 AM
I’ll be honest, I’ve thought AT LEAST a dozen times over the past few years: Man, that official had a terrible mark, made a terrible call, etc ... and lo and behold, it was Sarah Thomas.

I know all refs make mistakes, but she’s gotta be the worst official in the NFL. I know they can never fire her, but I’d love to see her actual grading from the NFL
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Officials - 09/27/20 02:20 PM
Sarah Thomas is not even in the same league as Walt Coleman on screwing over the Browns.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Officials - 09/27/20 02:54 PM
Originally Posted By: FrankZ
Sarah Thomas is not even in the same league as Walt Coleman on screwing over the Browns.
Walt probably did it on purpose ... she’s just inept
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Officials - 09/27/20 08:08 PM
I didn't see her make a bad call this game. Still can't stand her for that fumble call.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Officials - 09/27/20 08:19 PM
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
I didn't see her make a bad call this game. Still can't stand her for that fumble call.

yeah... I thought it was a decently called game overall.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Officials - 09/27/20 08:21 PM
Washington 4-40 Cleveland 6-50 Penalties
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Officials - 09/27/20 09:26 PM
Definitely a well called game!

We definitely have less holding calls this year so far!
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Officials - 09/27/20 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush
Definitely a well called game!

We definitely have less holding calls this year so far!

And the only bad call went in our favor, that was a pretty cheap offensive PI call on McLaurin. But I'll take it.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Officials - 09/27/20 10:06 PM
Overall, a decent game. She needs to worry more about the game infant of her. Not the best, and has some upside for improvement. Not sure she was ready yet. Only way to improve is get more games.

I wish her success. Has to be daunting, I bet.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Officials - 09/27/20 10:16 PM
Any new ump, official, or ref will make mistakes. I KNOW that from personal experience. And like you said, the more experience, generally the better you get. I've lived that also.
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Officials - 09/28/20 12:30 AM
As long as she doesn't become the next terry mcaully or jeff tripplet, she'll be ok.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Officials - 09/28/20 12:10 PM
I can agree. Let those without blemish cast the first flag. I am thankful for every zebra-person I ver railed against for being an official and agreeing to take on the insanity.

A fair response, Arch.
Let's win some more games.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Officials - 09/28/20 06:23 PM
Originally Posted By: FrankZ

Who comes in a distant 2nd place to Jeff [f'n] Triplette.
Posted By: eotab Re: Officials - 09/29/20 01:07 PM
At that point after she made the call and Duke was standing there with the ball.

"Its just Lie till you die"...Joe Thomas.
lol laugh
© DawgTalkers.net