DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Post Game - 10/04/20 08:22 PM
We won!!!

cut sandejo

but we won!!! over 300 yards rushing. OBJ had THE MONSTER GAME!!

still trying to calm down, did not like the defensive collapse in the 4th quarter.

but another other year, we lost this game. we WON!!! THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

3-1 baby here we go!!!!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:23 PM
I pooped my pants.

Three times.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:24 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I pooped my pants.

Three times.

Celebrating OBJ TDs?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
I pooped my pants.

Three times.

Celebrating OBJ TDs?

lol
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:24 PM
We Won our Stars stepped up Garrett, Baker, Ward, Hunt, Beckham, Landry even Chubb until the injury

The OL are Beast

The Defense played well at times and continue with takeaways +3 today
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:24 PM
I pooped my pants.

Three times.

Oh yes they called him the streak.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:25 PM
huge shoutout to Johnson. really stepped up with chubb out and Hunt too banged up.

and HUGE SHOUTOUT to our offensive line. not only did they dominate the LoS, but they kept baker clean the entire game.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:27 PM
Somehow we've got to bottle that first half O and D for future use.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:27 PM
Our OL was absolutely awesome today. Man, they blasted open huge hole after huge hole all game long.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:27 PM
In the books...3-1
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:29 PM
Say what you want but Baker is a winner ...
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:29 PM
i said in the matchup thread that our DBs were gonna have opportunities to get their hands on the ball.

we had a shot at atleast 3 picks on different drives. thankfully Ward came up with the pick to seal the W, but.....

cut sandejo.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:29 PM
I pooped my pants.

Three times.

Spray plenty of Shout on the affected areas!
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:31 PM
Wow , what a game .. I hope that Coach Stef. learned his lesson about Coaching for three quarters. I had to listen to the game on the computer.. What sticks in my head is ; "Prescott , back connects over the middle , over the middle , over the middle , over the middle , over the middle , over the middle , over the middle , over the middle , over the middle .. Just love Woods and his 4/2 .. BUT what a game and win !
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:31 PM
I can't wait for Versatile to tell me how I don't know squat about what I watched today.

But they won, and this was a game to remember,

always better to be on the right side of those at the end!

And DEFENSE!

This sorry, suffering succotash defense got a win out of this day with 3 drives stopped by bad guy turnovers.

and gave up 38 points to boot and couldn't stop any 2 pt conversions.

Todays defense is like having a best friend who is a meth addict, and burns you house down,
and wins the lottery and leaves you the inheritance before he dies.

What the heck no doubt!
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:31 PM
Best coached game I have seen sense Mangini. Hats off to KS and the entire staff this is the football team we had all hoped for. 3-1 again great coaching.
Posted By: bluecollarball Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:32 PM
I love the offense. Really coming together with an identity and a composure about themselves I haven't seen in ages. We want to run, we are going to run! I love that. Punch them in the mouth and keep slugging away!

Our defense needs to really up their game particularly in pass defense. Either by scheme, performance or both I have little to no confidence in them yet.

Garrett continues to be an absolute beast.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:32 PM
Butch Davis’ prevent defense showed up for a large portion of the 4th quarter.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:32 PM
That reverse run by OBJ after Dallas cut it to 3 was a great call. The stars on this team played great today. Feels good to be 3-1! GO BROWNS!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:33 PM
Yes I forgot to mention Stafanski Great job coach
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:33 PM
Were 3-1 I can't stop smiling smile
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:34 PM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Butch Davis’ prevent defense showed up for a large portion of the 4th quarter.
Offense didn't do much either until that run by OBJ. Glad we didn't blow it!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:35 PM
Kevin Stefanski has a many wins as the Browns head coach as Hue Jackson.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:35 PM
If we had even an average safety then this game isn’t even close. No way you can tell me sendejo is better than thomas or Clinton-dix. I hope Chubb is ok, our success is going to be based on that line and backs staying healthy. If baker has to throw to win games it won’t work but that’s fine as long as he doesn’t turn it over. Callahan was the best offseason hire. Transformed the whole direction and identity of this team. Teams aren’t marking a W on calendar for browns games
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:35 PM
I figured we'd win 4 games all year ..... so I feel kinda dumb ..... but ecstatic nonetheless. laugh
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:36 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
only took him 20 some fewer games to do it
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:37 PM
Nice win, but they underestimated Dallas in the fourth quarter. They can score quick, and I think the Browns defense went soft thinking it was in the bag.
Posted By: WolverineKilla Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:39 PM
I'm putting all my browns decorations back up in my office!
Posted By: Squires Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:43 PM
Just once I'd like to be happy with a 27 point lead instead of worrying about how they are going to blow it. I felt we got too conservative too soon.

Great to see the other RB's step up after Chubb left the game. Great to finally have a running game that controlled the clock for the most part. Great to be 3-1.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:45 PM
- Big win for this team.

- I hope Chubb injury is not serious. MRI to be done on his knee.

- Garrett with another strip sack.

- Let this game be a lesson to Stefanski as evidence to not take your foot off the gas when you have a terrible defense.

- Prevent offense aside, Stefanski calls a great game.

- OBJ was outstanding today.

- Sendejo makes me miss Ray Mickens and Hank "Got Beat" Poteat.

- Parkey nailing his kicks.

- The Scottish Hammer seems off this year.

- The Browns rushed for 307 yards and a large part of that is w/o Chubb. Wow.

- Baker did lose the game or turn the ball over. His deep balls aren't even close. Missed OBJ for a TD.

- The defense nearly had 3-4 picks, but couldn't hang on.

- Big play by Ward to end the game.

- Landry had some big catches on 3rd down. Great throw on the TD to OBJ.

- DPJ solid in the return game.

- The over covered.

- McCarthy is an idiotic ATL hands team play away from having the Cowboys at 0-4.

- Fun and meaningful football is happening in Cleveland. It's been a long time coming.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:47 PM
Wow, I need oxygen....

I figured it would be a high scoring game, and I am glad to see OBJ have a breakout game...

The defense will give us heartburn all season long.

But if there is one thing that has to be said you cannot win passing the ball, just ask Dak, 500 yards in a loss is still a loss. 1-3 for the boys will put pressure on McCarthy to start running.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:48 PM
Man, the second half made me a nervous wreck..

...But it turned out okay in the end. WE WON! (((OBJ BABY!)))
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:49 PM
Please, someone needs to ask MCarthy why he tried a squib kick with 3:45 to go?? That was stupid. And Dallas should be 0-4 now.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:49 PM
huge shoutout to Johnson. really stepped up with chubb out and Hunt too banged up.

and HUGE SHOUTOUT to our offensive line. not only did they dominate the LoS, but they kept baker clean the entire game.

The stats will say 2 sacks but both were Baker running out of bounds and hitting the deck for a short loss
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:49 PM
23 needs to be benched bring anyone in for a looksy
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Squires
Just once I'd like to be happy with a 27 point lead instead of worrying about how they are going to blow it. I felt we got too conservative too soon.

Great to see the other RB's step up after Chubb left the game. Great to finally have a running game that controlled the clock for the most part. Great to be 3-1.

Yea this game ended up way closer than it should've been. Reminds me of the days of the cardiac kids.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:50 PM

cut sandejo.
IIRC Sandejo was brought in to be veteran guidance for the safety room. The original plan didn't have him spending much time on the field. Then Delpit got hurt and plans changed.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:51 PM

Precisely.

Exactly what I was going to point out.

Major props to Kevin Stefanski.

My only problem is that with the big lead late. We did not blitz. I thought it was time to come with a safety or corner blitz. We let them back in the game.

Obviously giving up the yards we gave up to their passing game. We can not continue with what we are doing in the defensive backfield.

In the end it is all about the WIN.

Learn from the mistakes.

The OL is a great asset. We were so dominate there.

I sure hope Chubb is ok. If he had remained healthy I am sure he would have run for over 200 yards.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:52 PM
Post game thoughts...

Almost Marty-balled that 4th quarter. Prevent defense doesn't work if your corners can't take away the outside. Rarely has it been more clear what this team needs.

Bill Callahan for president! And Stump Mitchell for VP. This team has been reborn on the OL. As good as Chubb and Hunt are it's pretty clear the blocking on this team has improved 1000% from last year. Pretty impressive considering it's new group with minimal contact practice.

I really can't fault the play calling. It's been many years when I didn't quibble with play calling. We've gotten lucky a few times but I like the mix and the faith in the players. We are finally the ground and pound, run down your throat offense I think a lot of fans have wanted to be for many years.

Beckham comes with a lot of baggage but he showed today why you put up with true star players. He showed out today. He pretty much put this game away single handedly with that run. That was all him. And he had some impressive blocks.

I can't help but think the defense needs scheme help. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the matter to say definitely but we're not without talent. That 4th quarter collapse is very concerning. I went back to old-Browns mode. I was *sure* we were going to choke. They effectively took away our pass rush in the 4th. Also, Vernon seems like a straight up waste right now. He doesn't appear to have anything left.

We WON IN DALLAS when Prescott had 500yds and 4TDs and Baker had 165yrds and 2TDs. That fact alone is mystifying.

Good teams seemingly get lucky a lot. We got lucky a lot today. Is it becasue we're finally getting good? I don't know, but 3-1 ain't too shabby.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:53 PM
Did anyone notice that Vernon was being held the whole game. I saw it multiple times in live action and very clearly in the replay?
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:54 PM
Note to new coaches:

Browns fans hate the prevent defense. Run up the score. Keep playing the the style that got you so far ahead. No prevent!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:56 PM
The Defense played the best it's ever played today!

in the 2nd quarter for 4 drives

The Browns put up 31 unanswered points at Dallas,

And

The defense played the worst today, the Browns gave up a 27 point lead and the two point conversion 2 times without a hitch, and clearly on the way to losing,

And
The defense came up big on the final drive.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 08:56 PM
Wow! Feels good to finally talk about a winning team! GO BROWNS!!!
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The Defense played the best it's ever played today!

in the 2nd quarter for 4 drives

The Browns put up 31 unanswered points at Dallas,

And

The defense played the worst today, the Browns gave up a 27 point lead and the two point conversion 2 times without a hitch, and clearly on the way to losing,

And
The defense came up big on the final drive.
The offense needed to pick up 1st downs and kill some clock. Time of possession was way too short in the 4th quarter. The defense didn't have time to rest and got tired. This is the kind of game the Browns would've lost last year. Things maybe finally turning around.
Posted By: slick Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:02 PM
Chub seemed to be in a awful lot of pain. Wasnt even on sideline in second half. Even if he is out 4 to 5 weeks i would be happy because the expression on his face makes me think its much worst.

Cocklin looks to be hurt again, but atleast he was standing om sideline.

Someone said Garrett was injured, i didnt see anything so no idea.

Our defense is terrible, that being said we could have had another 3 picks.

I am liking Johnston, not gonna break any huge runs but if he can just keep chipping away like he did today thats good enough.

Odel looked amazing and was good to see him smile.

Laundry is a class act period point blank.

I love the fact that we use a fullback.

St least once i seen vernon playing like he didnt care. Whats this guys problem?

Baker made some nice throws but i can tell he is still trying to become comfortable in this new offense. He still wants to scramble sometimes when he needs to stand in the pocket.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:04 PM
j/c...

Posted By: The Big G Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:09 PM
A guy who deserves a LOT of credit this year is Bill Callahan.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:09 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:14 PM
I see at least $108 spent on bad beer.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:14 PM
- thus far, Stefanski’s team seems way more organized and with a better mindset ... and way more resilient. Four games in, and it feels like he’s got this going in the right direction.

- OBJ FINALLY showed what he can do (and we didn’t try to force it to him either)

- I thought our offense in the first 2.5 quarters was just phenomenal. A thing of beauty.

- Props to Johnson for stepping up big time

- Props to our OL again

- the reverse pass and reverse to OBJ were game CHANGERS
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:19 PM
Posted By: Dave Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:21 PM
People are probably being too hard on Pendejo; he did have one pass-defensed to his credit. How was he to know that the guy trying to catch it was his own teammate going for a drive-ending interception?
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:25 PM
I loved the "nail in the coffin" double move call to OBJ. Baker HAS to hit that pass in order to try and solidify him as a true Franchise QB. Other than that, a decent game by Baker.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:29 PM
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:40 PM
We made them our bitches.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
People are probably being too hard on Pendejo; he did have one pass-defensed to his credit. How was he to know that the guy trying to catch it was his own teammate going for a drive-ending interception?

To his credit, he forced a fumble that might have been the turning point. We took advantage by driving it down for the lead and kept hammerin’ .

I’m happy, a big win to get to 3-1.

Hope Nick is ok; another clean game from Bake, albeit not a ton of yards.

OBJ is a big-play guy, and, as is becoming a normal Sunday for the Browns, we ran it down their throats, which is how I called it. wink

I really did btw. Lol

Another Garrett strip-sack.

Our kicker still hasn’t missed.

How is Indy at stopping the run? wink
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:41 PM
Didn't get to see the game... seriously happy we are 3-1... praying Chubb is ok...
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:45 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Chub seemed to be in a awful lot of pain. Wasnt even on sideline in second half. Even if he is out 4 to 5 weeks i would be happy because the expression on his face makes me think its much worst.

Cocklin looks to be hurt again, but atleast he was standing om sideline.

Someone said Garrett was injured, i didnt see anything so no idea.

Our defense is terrible, that being said we could have had another 3 picks.

I am liking Johnston, not gonna break any huge runs but if he can just keep chipping away like he did today thats good enough.

Odel looked amazing and was good to see him smile.

Laundry is a class act period point blank.

I love the fact that we use a fullback.

St least once i seen vernon playing like he didnt care. Whats this guys problem?

Baker made some nice throws but i can tell he is still trying to become comfortable in this new offense. He still wants to scramble sometimes when he needs to stand in the pocket.

Garret is fine.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:52 PM
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:55 PM
Is Sandejo getting coached? He seems to have started as lousy and has stayed that way. Who else can play that and are they any worse that he is? Not sure that I would put him out there, but that is me. Shopping around, I hope.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:55 PM
So Vernon actually did play.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

I watched it at the bar today. This was the featured game on all the big TVs. And the sound was on. Usually we are only on the small TVs.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Hindsight is easy. I certainly didn't have this pencilled in for a W. How 'bout you?
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 09:58 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I was surprised by the pressure stats. I felt like he was a total non-factor when we needed him most.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:04 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:14 PM
The players are having fun.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:18 PM
Looking at that replay, OBJ just had a gear like a plane taking off ... 21 MPH
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess

I was surprised by the pressure stats. I felt like he was a total non-factor when we needed him most.

No, Vernon was noticeably getting pressure, he almost had a strip sack of his own again.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:25 PM

He is lucky Ward wasn't forced off the field for a concussion check. If he doesn't fly in there and break it up, Ward would have made the tackle. The sooner Sendejo is off the field the happier I will be.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:27 PM
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess

No, Vernon was noticeably getting pressure, he almost had a strip sack of his own again.

Vernon was being held the whole game, it was obvious on so many plays.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

He is lucky Ward wasn't forced off the field for a concussion check. If he doesn't fly in there and break it up, Ward would have made the tackle. The sooner Sendejo is off the field the happier I will be.

If Sendejo was aware of what was going on at all he could have had a pick six. Instead he tried to take Cooper’s head off and whiffed.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:30 PM
Agreed. He didn’t know where the ball was and still missed the hit, a second late and a dollar short
Posted By: HewDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

If Sendejo was aware of what was going on at all he could have had a pick six. Instead he tried to take Cooper’s head off and whiffed.

Sandejo looks like special Ed in the backfield. He tries too hard to make the highlight reel and has no awareness of what’s going on around him.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:46 PM
Feels great. Props to Stefanski ... sure the prevent offense spluttered and made us all pucker ... but with a first down or two running the ball, the story would be very different. So impressed by the composure of KS - when the game was competitive, loved the play calling too.

Want to say the refs were trach. Vernon getting hed, OBJ nearly gets horse collar tackled after he scored and the LB nearly rolled up on his legs ... and the worst was a 1st Q spearing with helmet lowered, leading with the helmet while hitting the runners head .... I think it was Hunt that got hit. I thought the player should have been ejected. And I thought there were officials monitoring the plays to catch things that got missed .... of - and another OBJ jersey tug on about the 8 yard line.

Feels so damn good.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:47 PM
Feels great. Props to Stefanski ... sure the prevent offense spluttered and made us all pucker ... but with a first down or two running the ball, the story would be very different. So impressed by the composure of KS - when the game was competitive, loved the play calling too.

Want to say the refs were trach. Vernon getting hed, OBJ nearly gets horse collar tackled after he scored and the LB nearly rolled up on his legs ... and the worst was a 1st Q spearing with helmet lowered, leading with the helmet while hitting the runners head .... I think it was Hunt that got hit. I thought the player should have been ejected. And I thought there were officials monitoring the plays to catch things that got missed .... of - and another OBJ jersey tug on about the 8 yard line.

Feels so damn good.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:49 PM
Looking ahead... assuming people stay healthy. This offense has the ability to hang with almost anybody.

I just worry about the D.

I hope Chubb is okay.

Saw flashes of what Landry and Beckham can do as a tandem. The most important thing.. Is..

each game should be building to the next game.

We can't just have flashes of brilliance and then nothing. Need more consistency.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:50 PM
Joe Thomas tweeted that it’s a sprained MCL, so hopefully that’s the case
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:51 PM
fingerscrossed
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:51 PM
I would also like to offer props to whoever's head elliot wound up sitting on for that fumble. Couldn't have planned it any better myself.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 10:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Joe Thomas tweeted that it’s a sprained MCL, so hopefully that’s the case

He said he hopes it’s just a sprained MCL.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:15 PM
jc -

--Looks like we found a coach.

--Team played disciplined.

--I never worry about Parkey making a kick.

--Myles with game changing plays. Thank you. Afterward it seemed like he was doubled the rest of the game.

--So many dropped interceptions.

--Sendejo is really bad. Why do grown men put highlights in their hair?

--I was never not nervous at any point during the game.

--Hope Chubb isn't out long.

--Mayfield, the bad - please stay in the pocket and climb the pocket, you will find completions. I actually think Mayfield was a better QB under Kitchens. He still had some moxie, still made plus level plays, still threatened the D at all levels. Now they are game planning around him, and he checks down on pretty much every single non-play action passing play. He leaves a ton of yards on the field. Was really not clutch on the missed deep connection with Odell that would have sealed the game.

--Mayfield, the good - he still has a knack for picking up third and longs. He likes those timing out rights and is very good at them. He's been converting in the redzone.

--Mayfield, the average - in the Cincy game, Mayfield play actioned and rolled left, got enough of his hips square and hit Odell with a flick of the wrist beauty of a TD pass. He doesn't seem to be getting the same zip and accuracy on those plays as he did on that Cincy play.

--3-1 feels great. Hope we can keep it up. There seem to be a lot of good teams in the AFC that will be fighting for the extra playoff spot.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:19 PM
The best part about being 1-1 is the chance to go 2-1

The best part about being 3-1, is the chance to go 4-1
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:19 PM
Yes props to our coaches. The playcalling has been great. As well as the execution. Its like clicking on all cylinders.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:20 PM
as of right now, the best part about 3-1 is that we are clicking as a team headed into the colts game.

AND the extra benefit of watching the Cowboys get crushed tomorrow morning across sports networks.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:22 PM
I pooped my pants.

I shipped my pants

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:24 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Yes props to our coaches. The playcalling has been great. As well as the execution. Its like clicking on all cylinders.

The play calling has been great at times. Running the ball three times and punting is not great play calling. Moving the chains is just as important as burning the clock and we didn’t do either.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:25 PM

The play calling has been great at times. Running the ball three times and punting is not great play calling. Moving the chains is just as important as burning the clock and we didn’t do either.

49 Points.

Let me say it louder.

49 POINTS.

I'll take it. That was not a happy accident.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:28 PM
j/c...

Larry Ogunjobi is scheduled to have an MRI tomorrow in addition to Chubb.

Hopefully, nothing too serious.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:29 PM
Running it burns timeouts, though.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:31 PM
We dodged a Browns-like moment, won the game and next week, we pancake the Colts D.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

So do completions.
Posted By: WolverineKilla Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:34 PM

49 Points.

Let me say it louder.

49 POINTS.

I'll take it. That was not a happy accident.

They hung more points on the 'boys than the darling seahawks! I have hope for the first time since last season's hype train.
I think Indy will be the real test of our team's offense, but I predict that there will be some dumb Rivers INTs that will compensate for our banged-up D. A competent LB and some more secondary will make us real playoff contenders.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:36 PM
J/c

I thought we could have really gone PA in the 4th quarter on earlier downs ... that would have been the dagger. But, I understand why we didn’t too
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:37 PM
I like Sendejo, He should stick around, he just needs to do what he does well, better and more often.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:43 PM

So do completions.

I don’t want to argue about it. We bled clock, forced them to use timeouts. I do get your point though, so don’t think I’m oblivious to it.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:45 PM
as of right now, the best part about 3-1 is that we are clicking as a team headed into the colts game.

AND the extra benefit of watching the Cowboys get crushed tomorrow morning across sports networks.

Skip and Shannon tomorrow is going to be EPIC
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:48 PM
I think it's time to stop celebrating every win like it's some kind of rare thing and to start expecting wins again. This team wants to compete and if you ask me they are over performing because they are really a 500 mediocre team that CAN be stomped any given Sunday. I like the winning, but let's put all of this into perspective and just keep expecting them to get better.
Posted By: Dave Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:48 PM
I like Sendejo, He should stick around, he just needs to do what he does well, better and more often.

Its Pendejo. CFRS said so, and I agree.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Post Game - 10/04/20 11:51 PM
Some other thoughts from my first post:

This guy has his swag back. Welcome back 2017 Baker Mayfield, we've missed you. Now just keep working on getting better.

This guy finally got a chance to show off all his talent. Kudos to Stefanski, but more on the coach later.

He came in with a banged up groin but apparently it meant nothing. He sure stepped up when we needed him the most.

Take a few more bows. Get ready to accept your NFL Defensive Player Of The Year award come season conclusion. Aaron Darnold may be good, but he doesn't have the strip sacks you do this season.
------------------

The lowlights:

Could our secondary get a bit more consistent? They gave up a ton in the 4th quarter.

Still wonder if Baker is playing it a bit too safe? I feel he may have left yeard on the field in settling for some check downs, but maybe that's just bad experience from Colt McCoy?

----------------------

If we keep this up, 10-6 is easily obtainable.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:04 AM
apparently the 307 rushing yards Dallas allowed is the most they've allowed in franchise history
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:07 AM
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
I would also like to offer props to whoever's head elliot wound up sitting on for that fumble. Couldn't have planned it any better myself.

Almost an exact quote of what I said during the game.
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:07 AM
I'd like to give Harrison Bryant some love.

The kid has just come in and done his job. He is a willing blocker in the run game, and catches everything that comes his way.

I really don't care if Njoku comes back at this point.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:09 AM
I still see week after week the refs not calling false starts on the tackles. It seems they are false starting every play, I can’t remember the last one called. Just imagine how much better MG will be when/if they ever start calling them!

Love the discipline, our offense is always at the line with 10 or more seconds on the clock. They are always lined up correctly. Love what Stefanski has done with this team.

Sunday night pregame just said the Browns are very optimistic about Chubb’s knee.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:12 AM
Don’t tell anyone.

We still play the Jets, Giants, and Jaguars.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
I still see week after week the refs not calling false starts on the tackles. It seems they are false starting every play, I can’t remember the last one called. Just imagine how much better MG will be when/if they ever start calling them!

I know what you're saying. Couple of times today I thought it happened. But, I also remember many, many times when I thought Joe Thomas did it and it wasn't called. I guess it's the leg kick backwards that makes it seem that way?

Also, wasn't it the center for Dallas that got called for a false start? Pretty sure it was. My comment at the time was "how does a center get a false start? He's got the ball." (maybe he just moved the ball?)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:13 AM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:13 AM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:14 AM
If we somehow come out of that game with Nick Chubb healthy. . .
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:15 AM
If we somehow come out of that game with Nick Chubb healthy. . .

That would be huge. It also appears Hunt didn’t aggravate his injury.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:19 AM
So, looking ahead, we have:

Indianapolis
At Pittsburgh
At Cincinnati
Las Vegas
Bye
Houston
Philadelphia
At Jacksonville
At Tennessee
Baltimore
At NY Giants
At NY Jets
Pittsburgh

There are a few games we SHOULD win (JAX, NYG, NYJ) ... There are a handful of 50/50 type games (INDY, PHI, CINCY, LAV, TEN)

If we can win the games we SHOULD, and half of the games that are 50/50 .. that’s 8-8 at minimum
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:23 AM
Bet we're 6-2 at the bye and the second loss will be against Cincy.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:24 AM
The "running back by committee" we were forced into was a beautiful thing.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Also, wasn't it the center for Dallas that got called for a false start? Pretty sure it was. My comment at the time was "how does a center get a false start? He's got the ball." (maybe he just moved the ball?)

I laughed out loud when that happened, wife turns to me and says what’s so funny? I said the guy that snaps the ball just false started, how does that happen? Couldnt go back and see what happened though.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:33 AM
Great game overall. Obviously it got a little dicey at the end there, but great job managing things. That kick off by Dallas when they got it to within 3 was a huge turning point, because it gave the Browns room to pull off a play like they did with beckham. I thought Dallas should have just kicked it deep. They had a timeout and the 2min warning, and had the browns offense in a bad spot where they were just pounding the ball and not really being interested in throwing.

Baker played a really good game. The running backs were outstanding. Offensive line outstanding. Landry and Bekckham were incredible.

I kinda wanted to see a readjustment after Dallas kind of figure dout the pass rush a little bit. Prescott kept stepping up and in and making plays. The first half they were really pressuring, but Dallas did a good job of their adjustments. I'm not the biggest Dak fan but he played a hell of a game considering the Browns kept him off the field in the first half and built up that lead.

The Browns gotta get better and healthy, because this rushing attack is something to behold, but they are giving up too many points. They're somehow in the top 10 ypg on defense, but are in the back of the pack for pts per game.

I think Kevin Stefanski has done a really good job so far.

Indy will be a tough game, but I expect the Browns to go in and make it interesting
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:47 AM
i know we're not suppose to be like other teams, but Dallas has now comeback from major deficits 3 games in a row now. i guess thats just who they are, and especially with the injuries we have on defense, it was bound to happen.

defense just looked really gassed in the 4th quarter. guys really couldn't rotate in and out, and Sandejo sucks.

im glad Vernon was able to play, if for no other reason than depth. glad he actually got some pressures on Dak.

but its why i'm still upset and the FO letting go of Schobert. so far this season, i havent seen anything that says we didn't need him, especially today would've been nice. we see the effects of that now. when you have average to below average guys who are starters getting hurt, than the lack of talent REALLY becomes more glaring than before.

we could've kept Schobert and we REALLY needed to keep Randall. not saying the cowboys wouldn't had made the comeback with those guys on the roster, but im sure my blood pressure wouldn't had been as high if they were.

all that being said, we're actually pretty good at stopping the run. i really like how our team sheds blockers and swarm to the ball carrier. we also have really good pass rushers, and obviously a GREAT one in Garrett.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:49 AM
One thing that I do not think has been mentioned...I love the way the plays are coming in to Baker early and on time and he is not consistently getting under center or in shotgun with only a few seconds of the play clock left. Also, little to no illegal procedure or illegal shift penalties.

Night and Day difference between this year and last year!
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:51 AM
Also, I think Jacob Philips flashed a bit today. I liked what I saw from him.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:05 AM
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
One thing that I do not think has been mentioned...I love the way the plays are coming in to Baker early and on time and he is not consistently getting under center or in shotgun with only a few seconds of the play clock left. Also, little to no illegal procedure or illegal shift penalties.

I mentioned it a lot last season, the tardiness of the plays coming in. And I agree completely that it makes a night and day difference in not only your QBs ability to make adjustments, but the O-lines as well.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
Originally Posted By: DaveyD

I mentioned it a lot last season, the tardiness of the plays coming in. And I agree completely that it makes a night and day difference in not only your QBs ability to make adjustments, but the O-lines as well.

Amazing what a good coaching staff can do for a team...

Lot of season left... but solid first quarter to the year...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:14 AM
Sign Randall.

Trade for Myles Jack.

This would instantly help so much.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:14 AM
So, looking ahead, we have:

Indianapolis
At Pittsburgh
At Cincinnati
Las Vegas
Bye
Houston
Philadelphia
At Jacksonville
At Tennessee
Baltimore
At NY Giants
At NY Jets
Pittsburgh

There are a few games we SHOULD win (JAX, NYG, NYJ) ... There are a handful of 50/50 type games (INDY, PHI, CINCY, LAV, TEN)

If we can win the games we SHOULD, and half of the games that are 50/50 .. that’s 8-8 at minimum

Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

I saw 2 games today,

The 2nd one started when the Browns were up 41-14 and thought the game was over, and IT wasn't so pretty,

Anyone who thinks the Season is over because they are 3-1 will find out also, if you take your eye off the ball, you get passed up.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Sign Randall.

Trade for Myles Jack.

What went wrong with Damarious Randall again?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:17 AM
Sign Randall.

Trade for Myles Jack.

Randall signed with Seattle.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:18 AM
Sign Randall.

Trade for Myles Jack.

Totally forgot about that.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:20 AM
Can we have John Dorsey back? He built this team and doesnt deserved to be lost in the shuffle of outgoing staff.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:21 AM
Can we have John Dorsey back? He built this team and doesnt deserved to be lost in the shuffle of outgoing staff.

He also gave us Freddie Kitchens....
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:23 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

So let him know he doesnt make decisions on coaches.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:29 AM
Sign Randall.

Trade for Myles Jack.

Did they sign him to the 53 man roster? They originally signed him to the practice squad.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:30 AM
No, Baker Mayfield gave us Freddie Kitchens. Dorsey tried to everything he could to help Baker succeed.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:32 AM
From Seattle’s website

09/30
Signed CB Ryan Neal from practice squad to active roster. Signed S Damarious Randall and LB Tim Williams to the practice squad.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
No, Baker Mayfield gave us Freddie Kitchens. Dorsey tried to everything he could to help Baker succeed.

If he tried to do everything he could to help Baker succeed he wouldn't have hired Freddie Kitchens.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:33 AM
j/c

I was concerned about this game. Browns pulled it off, thankfully.

I got to watch it with my wife, daughter, and her cowboy loving boyfriend. When he pulled in to where we were watching, I said "Oh, the democrat is here." (he's a democrat).

During the game, I asked my wife if it would be wrong to text my cowboy loving pastor/neighbor about the game. She told me not to text our pastor. I said ok. Then I texted him. She asked if I was texting our pastor. I said no. I'm texting our neighbor. He's not JUST our pastor, he's our neighbor. I'm texting the neighbor part of him.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:36 AM

last I checked baker didn't do the hiring... don't disagree that Dorsey may have taken Baker's opinion... but doesn't matter.. Dorsey hired Kitchens which was a horrible decision...

he was pretty good at picking football players... just sucked at hiring a coach...
Posted By: Jester Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:49 AM

We did, that's why he left.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:49 AM
I very optimistically picked us to go 8-8 this year but saw us at 2-6 or 3-5 at the bye and picking up steam after the bye. We’re now looking at 4-4 or maybe even 5-3 at the bye. Let’s say 4-4 to be safe.

I know better than to get hopes up but even if utter mediocrity prevails we’re at 8-8. Thats 5 wins out of 12 the rest of the way. I think 3 wins are almost sure. 5 is very possible. A smidge better than abject mediocrity and we’re sniffing the 2nd wild card slot. (My head swims at such heady heights... let’s not get drunk)

I know that 8-8 is not a very lofty goal but given the non-off season, new staff and players, and the injury riddled sieve that’s is our defense, I would personally think 8-8 coupled with a crystal clear understanding of what we need in the off season could potentially set us up quite well for years to come.

Of course this game could be a fluke and we could enter the bye at 3-5. Wouldn’t shock me. We seem to always have one spectacular unpredictable win in is most seasons.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:50 AM
Anyway...……….about the game:

--The OL was dominant. I mean they completely dominated the Cowboy front seven. I don't care who the RB was, they got a ton of daylight and Baker had all day to throw. This was my biggest takeaway of the game. Dominant OL.

--I hope the OBJ haters shut the hell up. He had a huge game. Scored some TDs early and made nice catches. Then, when we were in panic mode, he made a play that very few guys in the entire league can make. Game changer.

--Baker? Some good, some bad. He made some very good throws. Even went to his second receiver on at least two occasions. Got tight when things got dicey. Missed some easy throws. He is our weakest link on O.

--Coaching? I think Stef and his staff are doing a very nice job. I had questions about Stefanski, but he is doing a good job. I also think Callahan might be our greatest asset. He has the OL playing out of their minds.

--I like Bryant, the TE. He could end up being a very good player.

--Sucks to see my man Chubb get hurt. Hunt is so physical. D.Johnson ran very well and Hilliard did well, too. Thanks OL.

--Landry played well. DPJ scared me. Did Hodge play? Higgins probably won't be back next year.

--Myles w/another strip sack.

--Richardson is playing very well in the middle.

--Vernon was being double teamed at times and it led to other guys getting loose.

--Our LBers are bad.

--Ward had yet another very good game. Mitchell was okay. He gave up some completions, but Dallas has good WRs.

--Our two safeties are terrible. Especially Snedejo or whatever his name is. He is so slow. I get he is older and that happens to dudes, but he is the weakest link on D.

--Bottom line: I think this was a huge win for the Browns. Dallas is a mediocre team and we proved we are better than that. I honestly believe that if Baker plays even close to mediocre, that this is a playoff team. We are freaking loaded on O and we have just enough D to be competitive. I do worry about the LBers and safeties, though. But, we have a chance and I think we haven't been able to say that for quite some time.

Oh...…..one snarky comment. This game probably shouldn't count in our evaluation because it was the equivalent of the fourth preseason game. rofl
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:52 AM
If we can beat our division rivals I think we go better than 8-8
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:56 AM

8-8 would be a huge disappointment, especially with this schedule. We probably won't see a schedule this easy again in ten years.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:57 AM

8-8 would be a huge disappointment, especially with this schedule. We probably won't see a schedule this easy again in ten years.

especially with a 3-1 start... we need to have a winning record this year
Posted By: WolverineKilla Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:58 AM
Berry also got this coaching staff which has been a huge improvement.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:20 AM
I'm still at 9-7/10-6 with a wild card. Assuming people stay healthy. Assuming COVID is managed.

This offense is likely top 10 in the league by the end of the year.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:23 AM
I think people should be more encouraged.

If we play the way we did in the first half and third quarter then ANY team is going to have a tough time beating us, even Kansas City. To me that was the offense at their full potential and peak in my opinion.

The play calling and game approach was genius but completely changed in the 4th, we went to prevent defense. Didn't like that.

If we rush like we did today and play good defense then we'll consistently pound teams into the ground, Pitt, Baltimore, doesn't matter. This is the way OUR team needs to win in this NFL, forget flashy throwing, all I want to do is run and keep the ball while the other teams start QB sits on the bench. If you can run and play good D then you'll be unstoppable.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:30 AM
Hodge was injured in pregame warmups
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:33 AM

He was forced into playing a lot more snaps than anticipated. No receptions but he blocked well
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:33 AM
Thanks.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:35 AM
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush
I'd like to give Harrison Bryant some love.

The kid has just come in and done his job. He is a willing blocker in the run game, and catches everything that comes his way.

Jake Burns
@jake_burns18
Rookie Harrison Bryant blocking NFL DL in 2020 like an experienced veteran is something. Knew it could happen but great to watch. He is a legit weapon for this offense.

Jake Burns
@jake_burns18
No, like his first half might be the best half of TE blocking I have seen from a #Browns
TE since covering/watching.

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:36 AM

This is the NFL.
Not For Long.

It's also the CLE Browns.
Turnover is what we do.

That said, I'm not sure we'd actually want the entire Dorsey package® back.
He brought in players, but was still part of the Berea dysfunction. Best bet: say 'thanks,' stomp on the gas- and don't even look in the rear-view mirror.

Posted By: CalDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:50 AM
Quote:
Our LBers are bad.

Taki-Taki used his head on that Zeke fumble. Cerebral play.

Anyway... I didn't get to watch the game, so I had to rely on highlights, but I love that we beat the "Boyz".

Offense: Our running game is premiere. Chubb & Hunt all day long. (Hopefully Chubb is okay.) Props to D'Earnest (sp?) and Hilliard. OBJ had a breakout game. Maybe even transformational. Baker made some nice throws, darts from the pocket. He also made some very nice throwaways. When he's confident, he throws good balls and makes good decisions. When he's not, he's a trainwreck. The pass play from Landry was executed flawlessly. That was good to see, in that past that might have been a turnover or something equally disastrous. Hoop showed up and so did Bryant. Our O-line has to be given a lot of credit for the success and high scoring. Pounding 300+ is one helluva day's work.

Defense: Myles Garret is only getting better, and I love who he is and how he approaches the game. We have a lot of that that sticks out like Chubb and Landry. And I love how they elevate the play of others or allow opportunity for others through their play. Ward is always clutch. Even when hurting. About the only other thing I could could tell from the highlight tape is our secondary got burned again and again.

I'm really becoming a Stefanski fan. I don't know what he's doing in the locker room, but he has this team all rowing in the same direction. We are starting to see a high level of execution. FINALLY. Fewer penaties. More takeaways than giveaways. And you can see how he schemes for each team, instead of sticking to a single scheme and consequenqes be damned. The ability to run and pass, with an effective TE game gives him the ability to attack other teams' weaknesses. And he uses that to advantage. It's fun to see a coach actually coach.

I can see us having a winning season. fingerscrossed And it's possible we may be one good draft away from serious contention.

A good win. Congrats to all - A win like this, hanging 49 on the hated Cowboys, is well deserved.

Posted By: Frenchy Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:55 AM
I saw a team in the last two weeks win the turnover battle 8-0 I think.

Mack Wilson played, didn’t notice him at all.

Phillips played in the 4th, probably cause the D was gassed, made some plays.

Sheldon Richardson has a serious motor, never gives up on a play!

Harrison Bryant is/was a steal. Going to be really good. Him and Hooper, we are set at TE for years.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:01 AM

Harrison Bryant is/was a steal. Going to be really good.

Listened to a podcast during training camp and the guy called Bryant 7/11
Always open
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:01 AM
Quote:
I'm really becoming a Stefanski fan. I don't know what he's doing in the locker room, but he has this team all rowing in the same direction. We are starting to see a high level of execution. FINALLY. Fewer penaties. More takeaways than giveaways. And you can see how he schemes for each team, instead of sticking to a single scheme and consequenqes be damned. The ability to run and pass, with an effective TE game gives him the ability to attack other teams' weaknesses. And he uses that to advantage. It's fun to see a coach actually coach.

OMG, this is soooo worthy of re-posting.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:07 AM
I will be honest and say Stefanski was not my top pick and I wasn't thrilled with the hire but so far I have been impressed. Imagine if we had listened to DePodesta and hired him instead of Kitchens last year.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:07 AM
Quote:
Sheldon Richardson has a serious motor, never gives up on a play!

Truth!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:08 AM
Did Sheldon get hurt today at some point?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:11 AM
I think so. I saw two shots of him struggling between plays. Not sure how many plays he missed, but I did see him struggling. I do think he kept reentering the game. We'll need to check the snap counts when they are available. Damn TV coverage is annoying w/the way they immediately cut away from the play right after the tackle. Hard to identify numbers at times.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:14 AM
Did Sheldon get hurt today at some point?

He did but came back in the game pretty quickly.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:18 AM
I forgot to mention this, but what the hell was Dallas doing on their last kickoff? That was as dumb as could be and I think it was a huge factor in their loss.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Jester
I will be honest and sat Stefanski was not my top pick and I wasn't thrilled with the hire but so far I have been impressed. Imagine if we had listened to DePodesta and hired him instead of Kitchens last year.

Dawg, I'm a Browns fan.

I try very hard to not go there, when dealing with the stuff we've done at 76 Groza since '99. I still think they should test the ground water in Berea.

rofl
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:52 AM

Actually...
Quote:
From the article: As Dorsey privately told an associate: “I flexed my muscles and got what I wanted.”

Link
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:53 AM
I forgot to mention this, but what the hell was Dallas doing on their last kickoff? That was as dumb as could be and I think it was a huge factor in their loss.

Their last two kickoffs were horrible.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:54 AM

It worked against the Falcons. It's the watermelon onside kick.
Posted By: mulliganvi Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:03 AM
It was great to see us finish the half, with points (even if 3) and 0 time on the clock. Great clock management.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

This is the NFL.
Not For Long.

It's also the CLE Browns.
Turnover is what we do.

That said, I'm not sure we'd actually want the entire Dorsey package® back.
He brought in players, but was still part of the Berea dysfunction. Best bet: say 'thanks,' stomp on the gas- and don't even look in the rear-view mirror.

As a Dorsey lover, sadly I have to agree. He did a lot of good things for us bringing in Chubb and Hunt. But this new front office seems to get it, I'm shocked I'm saying this. I'm ready to ride or die with Stefanski, his game plans and playcalling looks great so far. We just might have something special buidling.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:29 AM
I saw a team in the last two weeks win the turnover battle 8-0 I think.

Heard on the WKNR postgame show that the Browns are currently leading the NFL in points off turnovers with 45.

Kind of a wild stat.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:59 AM

Don't try this revisionist history now.

Dorsey had full authority. It's his hire.

As for the game, the offense looks great. I don't like that Stefanski seems to try to run it almost too much, to the point of everyone knows it's coming 5 pays in a row. But I don't complain too much given the absolute mauling we're doing right now.

Our coverage sucks, but especially or safeties. I think Sendejo was responsible for 3 TDs today. Wet need an upgrade ASAP. Garrett is just crazy good.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:08 AM
j/c

Sure hope Chubb's knee isn't too bad. The backups did well.

The most valuable member of the team is Bill Callahan. His experience as a former HC probably makes his role as assistant HC invaluable. And we all see what he's doing with the OL.

That 4th quarter was scary. But up until then, it was a joy to see.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 09:44 AM
I’m assuming we’ll get some update on Chubb’s injury late this morning
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

OMG, this is soooo worthy of re-posting.

Agreed which is why I'll lead my post off with it as well! thumbsup

Prior to the season started I mentioned that what I was looking for from Stefanski was a more complete game plan. Not just a scripted 1st drive. I hoped for a scheme where they had clear goals about what they wanted to accomplish. In response I got a number of the old adages about how all plans go to crap the moment the first bullet flies or you get hit in the face. I think a lot of people missed the point and don't fully understand those adages. Getting hit in the face doesn't mean you flush your plan and toss your goals out the window. It doesn't automatically mean you have to change tactics although you should be ready to if need be. It doesn't mean the answers you had prepared are useless, it just means you have to find your answers on the fly.

That is what I meant.

That is what we are seeing 4 weeks in.

Freddie planned for 1 drive then that was it.

Hue had a more complete game plan, but being rather straight forward he was playing checkers. When you try to get too smart in checkers, that's about the time the 7yr old across from you gets triple kinged.

Stefanski is playing chess and playing it well. There is plenty analysis out there over the last couple weeks showing how the play calling early in the game (and arguably from week to week) sets up plays later on. So far I think he's been doing a really good job of recognizing those moments to spring those attacks. I don't know if he has that good of a feel for that, or if some of DePo's boys are flagging those trends, but whatever it is, I hope they can keep it up.

As for this game... I could only listen to it and watch the official highlights later last night.

-OBJ with the hat trick... friggin awesome!

-RBs... who knew our stable was that deep!

-OLine... too busy kickin azz to take names

-Myles... dude is a machine
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 11:30 AM

That is a snarky comment.

I never said that the first four games don't count in the evaluation.

I said it would take four games for the team to begin to gel because of reduced practice time. I am glad that they are early.

But go ahead make the remark.

Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 11:40 AM
Woke up this morning, and am here to remind my fellow brothers and sisters THAT WE’RE 3-1!!!!!!
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 11:51 AM
Another thing I want to mention:

I thought Woods called a good game for the defense, though the 4th quarter was shaky. Not his fault though that we had multiple chances to put the game away with a pick and just couldn't hold on until Ward made an outstanding play (he gets knocked for being injured a lot, but Ward can really play).

I also liked the play where we sent a double corner blitz from the same side, and the Dallas O-line was completely confused blocking 5 vs our 2 down lineman.

I think teams get so used to the Browns just rushing 4 down lineman all the time, that little wrinkles like that can be very effective. I hope to see more as they learn the defense.

Also, to all the people that wanted MG to just line up at RDE every play, what do you think now?

I personally think it is very smart to move him around the line. Not only can you dictate mismatches, but I think it can help the defense diagnosis the play before the snap.

The 2nd half, Dallas was chipping MG with a TE or RB pretty much every pass play. Didn't matter then because we knew they were going to be passing pretty much every play, but when you see the QB motioning the TE or RB over to MG's side, it's almost a dead giveaway that it's going to be a pass.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:01 PM

I'll take Berry and Stefanski any day.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:03 PM
Originally Posted By: mulliganvi
It was great to see us finish the half, with points (even if 3) and 0 time on the clock. Great clock management.

No kidding. It seems like the best prop bet for the last 20 years is that whoever is playing the Browns would score points with less than 30 seconds remaining in the 1st half. Nice to see us do it for a change.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:11 PM

If he tried to do everything he could to help Baker succeed he wouldn't have hired Freddie Kitchens.

Exactly. Dorsey wanted to have a head coach under his thumb.
Posted By: Chadillac Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:14 PM
From working in physical therapy, a valgus force trauma (outside to in) usually results in a sprained/torn MCL. Hopefully that's what it is, and the seriousness of the tear isn't too bad. A minor tear could set him back 2-4 weeks, while a more serious one could be 6-8 weeks. Of course other factors come into play, like how fast of a healer he is, how cautious the team Dr.'s want to be, etc.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:35 PM
I would think folks would want to discuss the Defense .. it has given up 126 point's. in 4 games ..average 31 per game. Prescott completed almost 200 yards to his TE's ans RB's .. We get gutted over the middle game after game.
Team knew he would have to get pass happy the second half . Rush four ans dropped 7 , and he still threw for 500 yards.( game total ).. there was very little pressure on Dax in the second half. He dropped back like 50 times and we got to him three times .. I understand some of the talent situation but do some of you want to comment on Scheme ??
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Chadillac
From working in physical therapy, a valgus force trauma (outside to in) usually results in a sprained/torn MCL. Hopefully that's what it is, and the seriousness of the tear isn't too bad. A minor tear could set him back 2-4 weeks, while a more serious one could be 6-8 weeks. Of course other factors come into play, like how fast of a healer he is, how cautious the team Dr.'s want to be, etc.
thanks for the info. I remember tearing my MCL as a player in college and feeling sick to my stomach when they “tested” it and it opened right up. I was out for about 3 months.

Hopefully his is just a sprain and he’s out a few weeks
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:48 PM
What is this obsession w/the Dorsey/Berry thing. I know a lot of you whined for two straight years about Sashi being fired and criticized Dorsey all the time...…….but, no one is trashing Berry and wanting Dorsey to come back.

It's over.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:54 PM

Don't forget Hilliard.. He was pretty good also
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 12:55 PM
Quote:
I would think folks would want to discuss the Defense

I talked about the D in my first post. Not sure why so many our discussing Dorsey?

I thought the D played their best game yesterday. Dallas has a lot of talent on offense. They are much better than Washington and Cinci.

I thought our pass rush was disruptive. I will admit that their OL was banged-up, but our front four pressured Dak.

I also thought that Dak made some incredibly precise throws. Additionally, I thought we were in position to make some picks, but missed them either to a bad angle or an unreal throw.

I do worry about our safeties and LBers in coverage. They're slow and don't cover much ground.

Did Kevin Johnson play much yesterday? I'd like to see him in there. Also, Greedy should help. I do wish we would have kept Schobert and signed a better FS.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:20 PM

So do completions.

I don’t want to argue about it. We bled clock, forced them to use timeouts. I do get your point though, so don’t think I’m oblivious to it.

I don't think we bled the clock so much as we bled our lead and it ended up holding out.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:22 PM

... which is (allegedly) what we did, and he quit.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:25 PM
[quote]
Not sure why so many our discussing Dorsey?

rofl
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:31 PM
I read that Kevin Johnson dressed but didn't get any snaps. Weird.

And how in the world can Redwine be worse than Sendejo. I thought Redwine flashed some last year.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:33 PM
The Browns are 3 and 1. Can we please discuss the game?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:34 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:35 PM

And how in the world can Redwine be worse than Sendejo. I thought Redwine flashed some last year.

Thanks. I thought KJ played pretty good last week in his first game back. I think he would help against teams that have a good passing attack like the Cowboys.

Not sure about Redwine. We'll need to upgrade the FS position next off-season.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:37 PM

You're correct. Zero snaps for Johnson.

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:37 PM
Hope Chubb is ok. I was actually hoping it was his ankle, because Chubb's knee hasn't been pretty (his college injury came up and I'll just say go ahead and look at it if you want to hurl). Chubb out with Hunt dinged really really sucks. Good thing our Oline can play AMAZING.
Also, Ogunjobi going in for an MRI is probably as bad as Chubb (maybe worse). Dline is probably the only thing we have going for us on D, and if that unit gets banged up, then we're REALLY in trouble when the other team has the ball. Larry out and Richardson dinged is REALLY bad news. Interior goes back to being a gaping hole.

Everyone covered everything well. I want to talk about Stefanski. I was thinking about something when I was listening to the game. Where are all of the dumb procedural penalties we're used to seeing? You all know what I'm talking about. Browns are notorious for coming out of the gate and looking like they don't know any of the rules. Combine that with short/no offseason and new offense, but somehow we actually know what we're doing out there.

And playcalling... I'm actually not as over the moon as most. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving how we're looking right now, and KS is a big part of that. But the critic in me has a voice. It saw that OBJ run at the end of the game and was shouting 'lucky' instead of great call. The Dallas defender had that play blown up and missed (OBJ is also a beast, btw). The line between 'great playcall' and 'what a clown' is razor thin. Difference seems to be execution. Is player execution where KS earns his gold star?
I'm also curious how our offense went from unstoppable to auto-3nout so quickly. Dallas adjustments only go so far in explaining that one.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Wow! 96.7?!? That is incredible!

My son, daughter and her fiancé were over to watch the game yesterday. My daughter made some comments about how number 77 was blowing guys up on some plays. The guy has been outstanding this season. Heck, the entire OL has been great.

And Myles makes game-changing plays week-in and week-out.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:41 PM
The Browns are 3 and 1. Can we please discuss the game?
Am I getting a ticket, or are you letting me off with a warning?

I responded to a post (in a manner that attempting to end that convo). You have more posts about Dorsey in this thread than I do (but law enforcement does usually have greater latitude in enforcing rules).

Won't happen again, officer.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:45 PM
Seems strange that Kevin Johnson did not play.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:45 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:46 PM
We did draft a better safety, Delpit.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:48 PM

Those are impressive stats.

Other than win/loss percentage, I think turnover differential is the most important stat in football.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 01:58 PM

Those are impressive stats.

Other than win/loss percentage, I think turnover differential is the most important stat in football.

I agree. Both impressive and important stats. Those are the stats of winners. thumbsup
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:12 PM
Damn it feels good to wake up and be
3-1.

Talking with my son before the game both of us felt turnovers would tell the story.

Felt the offenses would neutralize each other. And that our defense had the better chance to make something happen.

The strip sack by Myles was huge. Then the fumble by Zeke. We turn that into endzone 14 points.

We had some other chances for turnovers. Two int's were right there.

But putting up 49 points. Wow. The OL we have is something else. What an asset. Callahan gets major props. When you walk on the field and know you're OL will dominate that is a big plus.

Defense was stellar till it wasn't. But it will help to learn from. Safety is a problem. Linebackers are still a problem. However, I think we can get better with what we have. This is a new scheme and they have not played together long. I hope Greedy can return this week.

Next two games. The Colts are not as good as the Cowpokes on offense. They are better on defense. This is a game that we should win by playing our game. The template of the last three games.

Then comes the Steelers. That should be a war. Great defensive team. They will find out about the changes on our OL.

Still respect Ben. But I don't think they have the offensive weapons we have. But all that goes out the window in a division game. Both teams will be jacked up. Both hungry to prove themselves. Both wanting to stomp the other.

It will be a throwback game to when there was a real rivalry. I will be over the top nervous before that game.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
It saw that OBJ run at the end of the game and was shouting 'lucky' instead of great call. The Dallas defender had that play blown up and missed (OBJ is also a beast, btw). The line between 'great playcall' and 'what a clown' is razor thin. Difference seems to be execution. Is player execution where KS earns his gold star?

Could not agree more. Gold star is because you have the guts to make the call, but what a potential recipe for disaster! If Beckham gets tackled where there was contact, you're snapping a 2nd and 23 ball at just under 3:00.

If that happened -- and we lose that game -- can you imagine what we'd be reading today?

"Game on the line and our new coach dials up a Freddie Kitchens play... this franchise is cursed!"
"Browns can STILL find new ways to lose -- now giving up the biggest lead in NFL history!"

Razor thin is right. Hey, at the end of the day, great players make great plays. That happened yesterday, doesn't happen every day.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:33 PM
Quote:
but what a potential recipe for disaster! If Beckham gets tackled where there was contact, you're snapping a 2nd and 23 ball at just under 3:00.

If that happened -- and we lose that game -- can you imagine what we'd be reading today?

That is a good point. It could have gotten ugly fast.

I have two comments to add on to what you are saying.

1. I think what OBJ did on that play is why people say that it is important to get the ball in the hands of your playmakers. There was a lot of talk about the Browns forcing the ball to OBJ last year and even this year, but there are reasons why guys like J.Jones, Hopkins, etc get a ton of targets/touches. I like what Stefanski did yesterday in finding different ways to get OBJ the ball.

2. There are going to be times when Baker is going to have make big plays in similar situations. He hasn't been very good in those situations thus far. Hopefully, he can be up for the challenge.
Posted By: mac Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:37 PM
Quote:
Damn it feels good to wake up and be
3-1.

YES IT DOES !!! nanner ...JUST WIN...

...win pretty or ugly...

...THEY ALL COUNT... thumbsup ...
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:40 PM
The line between 'great playcall' and 'what a clown' is razor thin. Difference seems to be execution.

It always has been. The degree to which playcalling gets talked about has ALWAYS been completely overblown.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:41 PM
I wasn't overly upset at the comeback. A lot of those yards came against a Prevent D. And we are talking about the Dallas Offense which has been the best O in Football. The D was getting tired too, especially the pass rush, due to the lack of depth. I actually blame the O more than the D for the comeback. If the O did their job in the 4th...we may have only given up 8 points instead of 24. And holding Dallas to between 14-22 points "would have" been extremely impressive. And it was possible even with our D.

I understand that we were practically running at will, so it is understandable to keep the ball on the ground. But the important thing was to take time off the clock. And you do that by making first downs. And even the Dallas D can lock in on an opposing Offense if that O is going to be single minded.

We may need to understand that we are very similar to Dallas with a little better Defense.

Baker missed that pass to OBJ...but overall was efficient. Had some great throws as well. and most importantly...no INT's

Game ball to D'Ernest Johnson. Easy to see why they kept him over Dontrell Hilliard, who also had a good day.

The Browns have done the past 3 weeks what we have been waiting 20 years for them to do. When the chips are down, they are not flinching. Past Browns team would have said..."here we go again". But not this team. They believe they can find a way to win.

This growth is what I have been waiting for for some time. Every coach we have had kept talking about growing from game to game....But this team is ACTUALLY DOING IT....They have been taking the steps that have to be made to become a great team.

They have a ways to go...but my impressions have been that there is no reason they can't keep making those steps...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:45 PM
j/c:

I have a question. I have seen a few posts talking about being in a prevent defense. Has that been verified?

It's hard to see the alignment on TV, but it didn't look like a true Prevent defense to me. I think we were playing a soft zone, but that would make sense when you have such a large lead.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:55 PM
Fair question.

I think people are figuring it was a prevent D because Dallas was able to move as if it were. It may have been a soft zone.
Posted By: mac Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 02:59 PM
jc...

Finally...OBJ performing like and acting like "A TEAM PLAYER " !!!

Hats off to Stafanski and his staff for a job well done.

Keep it up, OBJ...!!...you are looking like the best "ALL AROUND WR IN THE NFL"

Football is "a team sport" and can be reduced to the basics...BLOCKING AND TACKLING ! grin
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:02 PM
Teller is an absolute animal the first 4 games
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:05 PM
Why must you backpedal or distract when someone points out your opinion was wrong?
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:07 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
It saw that OBJ run at the end of the game and was shouting 'lucky' instead of great call. The Dallas defender had that play blown up and missed (OBJ is also a beast, btw). The line between 'great playcall' and 'what a clown' is razor thin. Difference seems to be execution. Is player execution where KS earns his gold star?

Could not agree more. Gold star is because you have the guts to make the call, but what a potential recipe for disaster! If Beckham gets tackled where there was contact, you're snapping a 2nd and 23 ball at just under 3:00.

"Game on the line and our new coach dials up a Freddie Kitchens play... this franchise is cursed!"
"Browns can STILL find new ways to lose -- now giving up the biggest lead in NFL history!"

Razor thin is right. Hey, at the end of the day, great players make great plays. That happened yesterday, doesn't happen every day.

Personally I'm shading more toward "great call" than a "lucky call" if for no other reason than there's nothing about how this offense has been run the last 3 weeks that appears to have been attempted without a purpose. It didn't strike me as having run out of ideas.

Of course I do reserve the right to be completely wrong in my assessment and be found to be unjustifiably confident.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:13 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:15 PM
I agree w/Fate that that particular play could have backfired. OBJ bailed him out.

However, one call does not tell the entire story. I was skeptical about Stefanski when we hired him, but I have to say this:

I have been impressed w/his overall play calling and schemes. I think he has a good run scheme and is taking advantage of a strength.

I have been impressed w/how he has been able to cut down on Baker's responsibility and subsequent mistakes. I also like how he has rolled Baker out at times which makes his reads easier.

I also have been impressed w/the team's overall discipline and preparedness. We are not nearly as sloppy as last year and are playing more focused.

I want to throw out another shout-out to Callahan. This OL has been absolutely fantastic. He almost certainly been a huge factor in that. I also have always loved the ZBS. It's more complicated than man blocking, but I think it is very effective. You need smart players to run it well and it appears we have that.

Evaluating the coaching staff is an ongoing thing, but I am pleasantly pleased w/what I have seen thus far.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:20 PM
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Personally I'm shading more toward "great call" than a "lucky call" if for no other reason than there's nothing about how this offense has been run the last 3 weeks that appears to have been attempted without a purpose. It didn't strike me as having run out of ideas.

Of course I do reserve the right to be completely wrong in my assessment and be found to be unjustifiably confident.

Let me put it a different way (because I really hate sounding like a wet blanket after a win).
The Landry to OBJ TD... I was thinking to myself "man, Stefanski has brass you-know-whats to dial up that play". Execution was there and worked to perfection to start our steamroll of the Dallas D. Then fast-forward to the end of the game, and our offense (while still doing some things) was overall very ineffective. We were NOT bleeding clock (we had one drive that bled off a whopping 15 seconds). We were bleeding our lead hoping the clock would hit 0 before we lost it. Obviously, I'm happy that the OBJ run worked, but it was really close to not working, and would've been the cherry on top of an offensive meltdown. The D is what it is, it's the production out of the O that was most troubling at the end of the game. IMO, our D is missing a player or 2 on the backend, and could very easily be one of those not-great-but-opportunistic D's that have ended up working out well for teams that have a strong offense.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:21 PM
j/c:

I have a question. I have seen a few posts talking about being in a prevent defense. Has that been verified?

It's hard to see the alignment on TV, but it didn't look like a true Prevent defense to me. I think we were playing a soft zone, but that would make sense when you have such a large lead.

While radio guys said the secondary "was focused on keeping everything in front of them", I'm pretty sure I heard we had dialed up a few blitzes at the end of the game. Doesn't sound like full-on prevent to me.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:23 PM
Quote:
I want to throw out another shout-out to Callahan. This OL has been absolutely fantastic. He almost certainly been a huge factor in that. I also have always loved the ZBS. It's more complicated than man blocking, but I think it is very effective. You need smart players to run it well and it appears we have that.

Definitely one of the best in the business, we're lucky to have him. I think he deserves some credit for Teller's improvement. And hell even Hubbard hasn't played bad when he's been in.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:32 PM
This OL reminds me of the OL that protected Bernie and run blocked for Mack and Byner in the 80's ... LT - Paul Farren LG - Larry Williams C Mike Baab RG Dan Fike RT Codey Risen ... That was a great OL and so is this one smile
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:36 PM
We ran the same end around earlier in the game for a big gain.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:39 PM

Did Kevin Johnson play much yesterday? I'd like to see him in there. Also, Greedy should help.

Not sure what's going on with the snap counts that were linked. I distinctly remember Kevin Johnson being the guy that got chucked into DPJ as he caught the punt on the one return. I commented in the Discord that the awkward collision probably wasn't good for his liver. Thought I saw 28 on a couple defensive snaps as well, though nothing that really stood out.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:49 PM
The dropped interceptions drove me nuts throughout the game, but I will say that our D coaches are doing the most with what they have to work with. But Sendejo has been a real disappointment. I hope Harrison can come back from his pre-game hammy real quick. And Mitchell and Phillips are really coming on.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Not sure what's going on with the snap counts that were linked. I distinctly remember Kevin Johnson being the guy that got chucked into DPJ as he caught the punt on the one return.

Eagle eye award!...

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:06 PM
Just a couple of comments about the running game. Chubb gave a training session of how good a RB he actually is last year. The RG and both OT's were not something one could call good. Actually both OT's played poorly and the RG position was barely adequate. Teller wasn't the same player he is now.

Callahan certainly deserves a lot of credit for getting this group in shape. Maybe even more than some realize. You see, as great as Chubb is and and as much as we all wish him a speedy return and recovery, what we saw yesterday is that with a great OL, you can produce in the running game by "inserting RB here". We had third and fourth string RB's looking great.

They're not Chubb. They never will be. But with a truly great OL you can still produce in the running game and win.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:20 PM

The Offensive Line is so impressive.

Wills hand placement and punch. Teller has gone monster on us. He has been jumping off the page since the first game.

From an offensive standpoint this makes execution of game plan strategy a lot easier.

Baker left a few plays out there. But he was efficient.
Some mental growth when you throw the ball away instead of trying to make a high risk play.

Very encouraging to see team growth. KS deserves the praise that he and his staff is getting.

We are building on something here and I sure hope it continues.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:27 PM
j/c...

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:31 PM
j/c...

I briefly forgot Njoku was on this team.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:53 PM
- Sendejo needs to be benched. WTF was he thinking on the play where he gave up a TD? Go for the ball or go for the hit. Don't go for Denzel Ward.

- Harrison made an excellent play on the ball, but couldn't reel it in

- Baker was up and down

- Hate to see Chubb get hurt

- Joseph made a bone-headed decision when he went for a hit on the TE rather than wrapping him up to keep the clock running. This allowed the TD during Dallas' 4Q drive.

- Glad to see backup RBs playing well

- Excellent offensive playcalling in the red zone

- Glad to have a win
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 04:54 PM
What does we'll see how it goes mean?

Lol...talk about vague.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 05:01 PM
Side note: is it just me or does Mike McCarthy have trouble effectively using a runningback?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 05:03 PM
I hope Larry O is not a significant injury
Posted By: mulliganvi Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 05:16 PM
I feel this was a great game where Big Players made big plays! What we have watched for years is our stars padding their stats in garbage time, not doing it when it was needed most.

Yesterday. Garret, turned the momentum and game around with the strip sack. Odel, made a play when it was needed. And Denzel, to ice the game!

All big time players, making a plan when it was needed most. Great to see!
Posted By: Dave Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 05:20 PM
I hope Larry O is not a significant injury

Apparently a strained oblique. MLB pitchers and hitters miss 6-8 weeks with that injury, so I'd guess Larry will miss a game, maybe two. Football players are a different breed when it comes to playing hurt.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 05:30 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Side note: is it just me or does Mike McCarthy have trouble effectively using a runningback?

Zeke says yes....
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 05:41 PM
j/c

fun thought this morning:

Yesterday, CLE scored 49 points in one hour. Browns have had seasons where it took 3 entire games to reach 49 points.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 05:46 PM
Baldy doing a cute breakdown on the TD party the Browns had on Dallas.

Love the call out to Baker for blocking on the first TD...

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 05:52 PM
j/c...

Njoku > Hooper

** ducks **
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 06:03 PM
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Let me put it a different way (because I really hate sounding like a wet blanket after a win).
The Landry to OBJ TD... I was thinking to myself "man, Stefanski has brass you-know-whats to dial up that play". Execution was there and worked to perfection to start our steamroll of the Dallas D. Then fast-forward to the end of the game, and our offense (while still doing some things) was overall very ineffective. We were NOT bleeding clock (we had one drive that bled off a whopping 15 seconds). We were bleeding our lead hoping the clock would hit 0 before we lost it. Obviously, I'm happy that the OBJ run worked, but it was really close to not working, and would've been the cherry on top of an offensive meltdown. The D is what it is, it's the production out of the O that was most troubling at the end of the game. IMO, our D is missing a player or 2 on the backend, and could very easily be one of those not-great-but-opportunistic D's that have ended up working out well for teams that have a strong offense.

I hope no one sees you or anyone else as being a wet blanket for your comments because I don't think you guys are. Stefanski has a few times this year made calls like going for it on a couple 4th downs that made me say "That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off".

I guess for me when I see these plays attempted, I don't see a tam attempting it out of desperation, or trying to be cute, or because we've been backed in to a corner and need a 'spark'.

Wet blanket? Not at all. Just a Browns fan who's seen their fair share of those plays getting called at the worst time and blown up practically before they left the huddle
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:00 PM
I think this was the signature win we were looking for that could help galvanize this team. All our stars got involved and made big plays.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:11 PM
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
I think this was the signature win we were looking for that could help galvanize this team. All our stars got involved and made big plays.

We need to follow it up this coming week by not laying an egg. Even if we don't beat the Colts, we need to be in it and holding our own.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:12 PM
Agreed. I think letting the Cowboys back in it is something the coaching staff can latch onto this week in preparation for the Colts.

Colts have the #1 D in the league so far. Will be a good test next Sunday for sure.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:21 PM
trade Njoku for Myles Jack
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:23 PM
I find it ironic that we are 3-1 and in 3rd place. We have a tough division and we have to play the AFC south which, is also a tough division.

Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:53 PM
- Sendejo needs to be benched. WTF was he thinking on the play where he gave up a TD?

You're going to have to narrow this down some.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
trade Njoku for Myles Jack

Why would Jacksonville make that trade?
Posted By: cle23 Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
- Sendejo needs to be benched. WTF was he thinking on the play where he gave up a TD?

Haha, I was thinking the same...."Which of the 3 are you talking about?"
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 08:10 PM
Love those Baldy breakdowns
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

rofl
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 10:58 PM
Anyone have the PFF ratings for our safeties? I saw one for Harrison but I didn’t know the source.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 10/05/20 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Anyone have the PFF ratings for our safeties? I saw one for Harrison but I didn’t know the source.
i saw Harrison was the top defender IIRC
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:14 AM
j/c

Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:28 AM
If someone could also post linebacker grades as well as the safeties that would be much appreciated.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:29 AM
j/c:

Brown's PFF OL grades:

Wyatt Teller: 96.7.

Jack Conklin: 92.0.

JC Tretter: 73.3.

Chris Hubbard: 61.3.

Jedrick Wills Jr.: 60.4.

Joel Bitonio: 56.0.

Inside the numbers: Teller (94.9) and Conklin (92.3) led the linemen in run blocking grades. Bitonio had his worst grade of the season as a run blocker (51.2) and gave up two pressures. Tretter had the top pass-blocking grade (84.9), and Wills was third (80.0). Hubbard played four snaps.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:30 AM
Quote:
PFF TIGHT END Grades

Austin Hooper: 77.9.

Harrison Bryant: 75.7.

Stephen Carlson: 58.1.

Inside the numbers: Hooper had his highest offensive grade as a Brown, grading 71.3 in run-blocking but 43.9 in eight pass-blocking snaps. He was responsible for one quarterback hit. Carlson’s grade doesn’t reflect his special teams grade (79.6), where he had three tackles and recovered a blocked PAT.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:31 AM
PFF WR Grades:

Quote:
Odell Beckham Jr.: 87.8.

Jarvis Landry: 80.4.

Donovan Peoples-Jones: 50.1.

Inside the numbers: Beckham had the team’s top receiving grade (77.8) and the top rushing grade (91.0). He picked up five first downs on receptions. Landry picked up four first downs on receptions. Peoples-Jones played 33 snaps and wasn’t targeted in the passing game, but earned a run-blocking grade of 78.9.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:32 AM
PFF RB Grades:

Quote:
D’Ernest Johnson: 85.7.

Kareem Hunt: 81.8.

Andy Janovich: 81.1.

Nick Chubb: 77.3.

Dontrell Hilliard: 63.9.

Inside the numbers: Johnson earned the highest single-game grade of his career. He picked up five first downs and had 60 of his 95 rushing yards after contact. Hunt had 56 of his 71 yards after contact, picks up five first downs and avoided three tackles. Janovich graded 84.5 as a pass blocker and 76.4 as a run blocker.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:33 AM
PFF QB grade:

Quote:
Baker Mayfield: 72.8.

Inside the numbers: Mayfield’s adjusted completion percentage was 76.0. He was 4 of 8 with three throwaways under pressure, and PFF graded him as being responsible for five of his nine pressures, including both sacks.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:38 AM
If someone could also post linebacker grades as well as the safeties that would be much appreciated.

Here you go:

PFF Safety Grades:

Quote:
SAFETY

Ronnie Harrison: 90.1.

Andrew Sendejo: 57.3.

Karl Joseph: 37.5.

Inside the numbers: Harrison played 11 snaps on defense, with one quarterback pressure and one pass breakup. Sendejo had the top run defense grade (92.5) but graded 47.1 in coverage with a touchdown allowed. Joseph had a touchdown allowed and three missed tackles.

PFF Linebacker Grades:

Quote:
Malcolm Smith: 61.1.

Mack Wilson: 55.7.

B.J. Goodson: 53.2.

Sione Takitaki: 47.3.

Jacob Phillips: 39.9.

Inside the numbers: Smith had four tackles and gave up a touchdown in coverage. Wilson played 27 snaps and had one tackle. Phillips played 17 snaps and had one pass breakup.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:40 AM
PFF DL Grades:

Quote:
Myles Garrett: 84.7.

Vincent Taylor: 73.7.

Olivier Vernon: 53.6.

Larry Ogunjobi: 49.3.

Joe Jackson: 45.5.

Sheldon Richardson: 42.5.

Porter Gustin: 42.3.

Jordan Elliott: 37.0.

Inside the numbers: Garrett had eight pressures and two sacks in 47 pass-rush snaps. Taylor played 27 total snaps and had the third-best grade for run defense (70.4) and pass rush (73.7). Vernon had two pressures, both hurries, and four tackles.

PFF CB Grades:

Quote:
Denzel Ward: 78.5.

Tavierre Thomas: 47.5.

Terrance Mitchell: 45.9.

M.J. Stewart: 51.7.

Inside the numbers: Ward had a 78.4 coverage grade, with one interception, one pass breakup and one touchdown allowed. Thomas had the team’s top tackling grade (82.6) and Mitchell led the defense with 10 total tackles but had a coverage grade of 43.6. Kevin Johnson did not have a defensive snap, but played four snaps on special teams.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:43 AM
I agree with the Baker grade. I mentioned the sacks were his fault somewhere on here. The good thing is one was like a loss of a half yard and the other was something like two yards.

When I rewatch the game I will have to see what Bitonio was up to. I have a hard time believing he was that bad.

Very good grades for the TEs and WRs. Backs overall were very good.

Thanks for posting Vers.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:56 AM

Here you go:

PFF Safety Grades:

Quote:
SAFETY

Ronnie Harrison: 90.1.

Andrew Sendejo: 57.3.

Karl Joseph: 37.5.

Inside the numbers: Harrison played 11 snaps on defense, with one quarterback pressure and one pass breakup. Sendejo had the top run defense grade (92.5) but graded 47.1 in coverage with a touchdown allowed. Joseph had a touchdown allowed and three missed tackles.

PFF Linebacker Grades:

Quote:
Malcolm Smith: 61.1.

Mack Wilson: 55.7.

B.J. Goodson: 53.2.

Sione Takitaki: 47.3.

Jacob Phillips: 39.9.

Inside the numbers: Smith had four tackles and gave up a touchdown in coverage. Wilson played 27 snaps and had one tackle. Phillips played 17 snaps and had one pass breakup.

Well the Harrison grade I saw on Twitter was right. I can’t believe Sendejo graded out as high as he did in the run game. I thought Phillips made a couple of plays in one drive where I noticed him
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:59 AM
The forced fumble probably helped Sendejo's grade. He did make some tackles. He just sucks in coverage.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 01:03 AM
Yeah, he has been a real disappointment. He has been much better in his career. We really miss Delpit.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 01:21 AM
cut sandejo.

From your lips to Gawds ears
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 01:32 AM
Good stuff Vers...

I was curious to see why Kevin Johnson didn't play, I did see him on special teams (he was the one Savion Smith pushed back into DPJ on the punt return) Wonder if they are just limiting his snaps, to increase his health?

I remember Karl Joseph whiffing on Zeke, I believe prior to Zeke fumbling...I remember him later smacking their TE, but their TE still made the grab...I know Joseph got lucky in the Bengals game, as I saw him holding AJ Green in the end zone (non-call)

Seems in the first half the Cowboys were targeting Mitchell and Sendejo...seems a lot of balls went that direction. I won't discuss Sendejo, as its been stated before. Ronnie Harrison was so close to a pick

Man, I've been noticing our Dline being gassed in games prior. But yesterday was a new level. I'm sure a lot of that had to do with our lack of clock consuming in the second half...and Dallas was running a quick or quicker tempo. Gustin needs to work on his moves, when he tries to spin he gets his back caught and gets walled off way to easy....He also seemed to have a problem with traction on that field. Hopefully we Ogi back, as we lack any depth right now.

LB's are just bad...When we send them in for a blitz, they are walled off...When we drop them in coverage, they tend to be too far off...

Really surprised by Bitinio's grade...Good info, Hats off to OBJ and Wyatt Teller...both played incredibly strong.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 01:39 AM
As usual, good, sound post.

I figured Mitchel's grade would be low. They went after him quite a bit and tried to avoid Ward.

Joseph has decent straight-line speed, but it has to be in a straight line. He is not fluid or agile from what I have seen.

It's really important to sub in new d-linemen all the time. Give Dallas credit for not allowing us to do so. I was actually okay w/that TO. Vernon has been injured and he was really gassed. They all were, but that was a tough deal for him.

I was surprised by Richardson's low grade. I thought he played pretty good yesterday.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 02:11 AM
Quote:
I was surprised by Richardson's low grade. I thought he played pretty good yesterday.

When I read PFF grades I remind myself that they had Hughes as our highest rated d lineman.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 02:19 AM
As usual, good, sound post.

I figured Mitchel's grade would be low. They went after him quite a bit and tried to avoid Ward.

Joseph has decent straight-line speed, but it has to be in a straight line. He is not fluid or agile from what I have seen.

It's really important to sub in new d-linemen all the time. Give Dallas credit for not allowing us to do so. I was actually okay w/that TO. Vernon has been injured and he was really gassed. They all were, but that was a tough deal for him.

You nailed it, I don't think Vernon's conditioning is on par yet. He was routinely asking to be subbed out, not sure if our coaches denied it...I know a few times, the tempo was to quick to rotate off...Obviously a players skillset diminishes when they are exhausted. I think Shelden's grade dipped as he was worn out and nicked up later in the game. I thought he played well, his motor is pretty infectious. Wish Billings never opted out, we could really use him right about now.

Denzel played well, obviously his interception was memorable. I remember him coming off Gallup's block perfectly and cut off I believe Cooper before he could get a 1st down.

Our safety play has obviously been a liability, hoping it's not just a talent thing...And it's just the nuisances of system being installed initially. It's odd our FS and SS seem to switch duties at times (Not sure if that's how Woods plays them) I noticed it more in the Redskins game, Sendejo would move into a rover S spot near the box (When I think Karl Joseph's strength is there as the box S) Instead they had Karl more or less covering the deep half...then again, I' sure Woods job is to confuse the offense and looks of coverages. Delpit's injury is really stinging right now...Hoping these guys improve, or Redwine and or Harrison step over our starters and show something.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 02:23 AM
There was one play, in the midst of the feverish Dallas comeback, where both Garrett and Vernon both asked out, but only Garret was subbed for.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 02:30 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
There was one play, in the midst of the feverish Dallas comeback, where both Garrett and Vernon both asked out, but only Garret was subbed for.

Good observation...I recall cameras coming back onto Vernon (I think the play afterwards) as he was trying to sub out, but I think Dak had Dallas up tempo at the line...and he had to play through it....We def. need Clayborne and Ogi back asap.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 02:31 AM
It is a talent thing when it comes to the safeties. Joesph is nothing more than an in the box safety. He is not equipped to cover. Sendejo is old and unable to run with receivers. You’re right about losing Delpit. He would have made a huge difference. I hope Harrison gets more playing time. I don’t think he will be good in pass coverage but he has to be better than what we are putting out there now.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 02:33 AM
j/c...

Njoku > Hooper

** ducks **

Bryant > Njoku > Hooper

** dodge, duck, dip, dive, dodge **
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 02:43 AM
j/c...

Njoku > Hooper

** ducks **

Bryant > Njoku > Hooper

and juke
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 12:18 PM

LOL. Great reference.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 01:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog via PFF

Inside the numbers: Johnson ... 60 of his 95 rushing yards after contact. Hunt had 56 of his 71 yards after contact

Wow.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 01:06 PM
Didn't he pull a hammy or something in the previous game? Have to wonder if he's going to be feeling that one for a while.
Posted By: eotab Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 01:11 PM
We man handled a very talented team on both sides of the ball. We got down 14-7 and then we never looked back.

I hate our prevent defense. I saw a poster state DAK over the middle...over n over Well that was our prevent Defense that had the back sealed up and guys playing deep leaving the middle wide open so we can come up and tackle the WR in bounds and keep the clock running. Of course that is where DAK got all his stats. Can't believe he is up for Offensive player of the week...smh.

We got a lot of guys in that Dbackfield playing hard and over their heads as they are not that talented. Our DL is awesome although we are one DE short of being amazing.

Baker is playing well and note he is one of the few QBs out there that will throw the ball away without hesitation as he doesn't care about his stats. Sound ball control and many times our D is giving us a short field which we put it away for 6 almost always!

Baker has to drop that long ball as in "BOMB" high and far letting out WRs get under the ball. Instead he tries to throw that long rope. Sometimes spot on and many times off target. Mahomes, Brady, Brees, Rogers, Wilson all throw that high lofted long ball...Baker you got to join that crew!

Callahan is the best OL coach in the NFL. When the Cowboys were noted as the best OL in the NFL, Callahan was there. The OL unit is getting better with each game. Pay Callahan HC money and keep him here long term!!!

I like the play of our TEs Hoop and the rook doing rock solid in their blocking as well as dependable in the catching department and we are going to get Njoku back.

Defense Garrett is awesome and having an MVP season so far.
Got to keep building our D around him. ADD, ADD and add pieces and upgrade on guys. We need that other DE out there. Somebody with speed!

I like the way we are not turning the ball over and our D are ball hawks out there!

Our RBs did amazing only ho-hum guy is Hilliard. Johnson is a stud. He made some excellent moves inside the telephone booth...my goodness I forgot our young fans have no clue what a telephone booth is...lol laugh

Was suppose to go to the hospital ER but I said - to my wife after the game and text with my cardiologist, didn't say after Browns game as he would have yelled at me but just said will come there around 4pm. Ended up not going at all. Struggled yesterday but ok today as I dropped 9lbs of water. I holding out for.
1. My first Grand Child (around 2 weeks away)
2. My youngest sons wedding which was canceled till next September.
3. My wife begging me not to give up.
4. See my Browns win a Super Bowl even in a pandemic year!!

Go Browns!
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 02:01 PM
"Don't give up ... Don't ever give up!"
Jim Valvano

DVR the damned game and go to the doctor when you are supposed to bro! wink
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 03:13 PM
Yeah, he has been a real disappointment. He has been much better in his career. We really miss Delpit.

We have known about Delpit being out from the beginning. We have also known Sendejo is a back-up player.

I am beginning to wonder about Greedy. You don't even hear about that guy anymore. Maybe I missed something but the last I remember is Stefanski said he was game to game. That was what, several games ago?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 03:16 PM
j/c:

While radio guys said the secondary "was focused on keeping everything in front of them", I'm pretty sure I heard we had dialed up a few blitzes at the end of the game. Doesn't sound like full-on prevent to me.

It wasn't a prevent D. It was a outside zone designed to force Dallas to the middle of the field in an effort to keep clock running and force them to burn timeouts.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 03:19 PM
Quote:
Was suppose to go to the hospital ER but I said - to my wife after the game and text with my cardiologist, didn't say after Browns game as he would have yelled at me but just said will come there around 4pm. Ended up not going at all.

Someone needs their ass beat, and it's not your wife or the cardiologist!
Posted By: mac Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 03:26 PM
EO...that pretty much nailed the review of the game.

We are watching a first time HC trying to teach his team and making adjustments in the teaching process along the way. In my opinion, we saw a very basic passing game against Dallas, perfecting the execution of each play, doing their best to play "error free" football.

IMO, first time Head Coaches and Offensive Coordinators can and do, make the mistake of focusing on "how much" of their offensive playbook they get installed...rather than focusing enough time on the goal of "perfecting" the execution of each play before adding more of the playbook.

I thought we saw the Browns dial it (the playbook) back a bit, focused more on getting the basic offensive playbook right against Dallas

THE RESULT...49 offensive points

Now the goal Stefanski has to be working the same magic on the defensive side of the ball. After 4 games, the Browns defense is giving up more points than the offense is scoring per game.

GOT TO FIX THE DEFENSE...
Posted By: mac Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 03:32 PM
Quote:
Was suppose to go to the hospital ER but I said - to my wife after the game and text with my cardiologist, didn't say after Browns game as he would have yelled at me but just said will come there around 4pm. Ended up not going at all. Struggled yesterday but ok today as I dropped 9lbs of water. I holding out for.
1. My first Grand Child (around 2 weeks away)
2. My youngest sons wedding which was canceled till next September.
3. My wife begging me not to give up.
4. See my Browns win a Super Bowl even in a pandemic year!!

Go Browns!

EO...

I'm not sure what you might be dealing with on the medical side..that is my fault for not paying attention.

It sounds quiet serious to me and I want you to know that as one of our "old timers", you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

GOOD LUCK...take care...mac
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 03:53 PM
tab - take care of yourself.

congratulations on the grandchild. that is awesome.

by the way - no cardiologist would have wanted a Browns fan to watch that 4th quarter.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 04:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

We have known about Delpit being out from the beginning. We have also known Sendejo is a back-up player.

I am beginning to wonder about Greedy. You don't even hear about that guy anymore. Maybe I missed something but the last I remember is Stefanski said he was game to game. That was what, several games ago?

To your first point... You are right, we have known and we continue to play him. I would love to know what the coaches see in his play.

Greedy is still week to week. He has returned to practice in a limited fashion. I thought he would be active this past week.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 05:15 PM
EO, you take care of yourself. I understand you love our Browns I feel the same way but it’s no good if your not around to see them win. I’m going through my own health issues right now as I’m recovering from hip replacement surgery and my wife is having chemo battling cancer for a second time. Take care and you will be in my prayers. I’ve been saying alot of those over the last 3 months.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 05:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
EO, you take care of yourself. I understand you love our Browns I feel the same way but it’s no good if your not around to see them win. I’m going through my own health issues right now as I’m recovering from hip replacement surgery and my wife is having chemo battling cancer for a second time. Take care and you will be in my prayers. I’ve been saying alot of those over the last 3 months.

Prayers for EO your wife and you Homewood, I myself found out I had sugar about a year ago, but so far so good only taking the pills smile
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 07:17 PM
Now is NOT the time for giving up the finish line is getting closer.

The thing is we have a real good coach and hardly anyone mentions it. In my mind that is the real difference.

Keep on keeping on Tab, there is nothing else we can do.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 09:14 PM

Tab,

You have do the the right things. Stay on the program.

You have waited a long time to get here.

To much going on in your life to check out now.

Keep the faith brother.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 09:26 PM
Never give up ! Stay the course ! Prayers and best wishes man ... keep doing the right things, good/better things will happen for you.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 10/06/20 11:41 PM
Man, Eo ..... you have to take care of yourself. I'm prating for you bud.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 12:41 AM
Just rewatched the game. I was wrong, the 2nd pick was not on Mayfield. Bitonio was beat and Mayfield moved up in the pocket and dove to the ground because two guys were about ready to tee off on him.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 12:42 AM
Did you mean sack instead of "pick?"

If so, how long did he hold the ball before he was sacked?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 12:53 AM
Yeah, I meant sack. He had just got back on his drop and went to throw downfield is when he was grabbed by Bitonio’s guy. He broke free, stepped up in the pocket than went down. I completely missed the grab live. I thought it was just indecisiveness in Baker’s part.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 12:58 AM
How long did the play take? Do you believe PFF did not time that play and were wrong for blaming Baker for the sack?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 01:12 AM
How long did the play take? Do you believe PFF did not time that play and were wrong for blaming Baker for the sack?

It was under three seconds to where he was grabbed. It was a seven step drop and he took two steps to throw it deep. I don’t know how or what PFF grades are figured out. I do know I don’t always agree with what they say.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 12:16 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 12:18 PM

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1313636115124019200

Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 12:31 PM
Is the Dallas front 4 that bad, or is our OL that good? My Lord we buried them in those clips.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 01:02 PM
Both, but Teller is a big meanie. I know he's been laying those clips down the past couple weeks.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 01:38 PM
Both, but Teller is a big meanie. I know he's been laying those clips down the past couple weeks.

How good is the BUF Oline that they could trade him away like they did? And for what they did?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 02:13 PM
Eh, I dunno about all that. Oline seems to be a group, in particular, that situation really plays a large role in a player's performance. Type of blocking scheme, surrounding talent, maybe there's a coach they really click with... not to mention the player's own situation (coming off an injury and for young guys they tend to need to catch up strength and conditioning-wise with their longer-tenured teammates.

I dunno, I haven't even scratched the surface in terms of understanding all the ins and outs of the trenches. It's just striking how guys like Teller can come out of nowhere after having been in the league for a while, and it happens alot (and also goes the other way). More to it than just the individual showing up and performing.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 02:28 PM

Damn that is pretty to watch.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 02:28 PM
Eh, I dunno about all that. Oline seems to be a group, in particular, that situation really plays a large role in a player's performance. Type of blocking scheme, surrounding talent, maybe there's a coach they really click with... not to mention the player's own situation (coming off an injury and for young guys they tend to need to catch up strength and conditioning-wise with their longer-tenured teammates.

I dunno, I haven't even scratched the surface in terms of understanding all the ins and outs of the trenches. It's just striking how guys like Teller can come out of nowhere after having been in the league for a while, and it happens alot (and also goes the other way). More to it than just the individual showing up and performing.

I recollect reading that last year the FO liked him but he needed work on technique. In the offseason he added some muscle and met Bill Callahan.

It seems he was always rather beastly, but improved-technique, added-strength (all work he put in on his own) and a terrific OL coach has made him the beast that he is right now. He's trending towards a mid-round success story once he'd been around awhile.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 02:44 PM
He's trending toward Perennial All-Pro.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

How good is the BUF Oline that they could trade him away like they did? And for what they did?

They had depth at the position. And it seems that he is not the same player. This is the same guy who couldn’t get in the game because Eric Kush was starting.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 03:03 PM
Just for some perspective:

Dallas has allowed their opponents the following production on the ground:

Rams: 40-153 yards, 3.8 yards/rush

Atlanta: 34-113 yards. 3.3/rush

Seattle: 26-117, 4.5 yards/rush

Cleveland Browns: 40-307, 7.7 yards/rush

For further perspective, prior to the abuse at the hands and feet of the Cleveland Browns players, in those 3 games, (as noted above) Dallas allowed 100 runs for 383 yards, and 3.8 yards/rush.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 04:05 PM
Hang in there man!
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 04:31 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

They had depth at the position. And it seems that he is not the same player. This is the same guy who couldn’t get in the game because Eric Kush was starting.

I don't disagree...I'll add though that we traded for him at the end of TC...he knew less about the offense than I did at that moment. It was inevitable that it would take awhile for him to get up to speed.

He was "ok" last year once he got going/acclimated...his off-season work and "whatever he did" has delivered downright impressive results.

We will never know what was the linchpin for him...but he's always been a big strong guy...he got stronger (as young players will do...but the biggest change outside of his own prep is Bill Callahan and likely the technique that the FO saw as wanting last year.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 05:54 PM
Still ignoring he was injured last season I see.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 10/07/20 06:06 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Still ignoring he was injured last season I see.

Pssst...you are in the wrong thread.
Posted By: Deepsouthdawg Re: Post Game - 10/08/20 04:08 AM
Hang tight Tab
Faith, family and football.
All in that order
Prayers your way ole buddy.
Posted By: eotab Re: Post Game - 10/08/20 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
j/c:

It wasn't a prevent D. It was a outside zone designed to force Dallas to the middle of the field in an effort to keep clock running and force them to burn timeouts.

ergo prevent...not the prevent of yesteryear...but what you described was a prevent defense. Give up yards, keep the ball away from sidelines keep the ball in front of you (defenders) tackle quickly and let the clock run or burn time outs.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/08/20 07:50 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post Game - 10/08/20 08:05 PM
Well, then, who blew it?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 10/08/20 08:07 PM
He didn’t say.

[social:tweet]https://www.pscp.tv/w/ck4VETFYSlFrZEp2Um...gvnffnb8tSJ4P0n[/social]
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Post Game - 10/09/20 12:10 PM
He didn’t say.

[social:tweet]https://www.pscp.tv/w/ck4VETFYSlFrZEp2Um...gvnffnb8tSJ4P0n[/social]

And he shouldn't say. He is going to protect his players when he can...like he did with Sendejo. But he isn't going to single out and throw any of his payers under the bus. You notice he says "We" busted the coverage...And frankly that is appropriate.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 10/09/20 12:41 PM
Quote:

ergo prevent...not the prevent of yesteryear...but what you described was a prevent defense. Give up yards, keep the ball away from sidelines keep the ball in front of you (defenders) tackle quickly and let the clock run or burn time outs.

True. I suppose to be technical, if you are trying to prevent a team from gaining a 1st down, you are playing a prevent defense.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 10/10/20 03:31 PM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 10/10/20 05:37 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Well, then, who blew it?

As was said on the telecast, the other safety. He was supposed to cover the middle of the field but broke to the wideout on the other side.
© DawgTalkers.net