DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 11/04/20 04:17 PM
Looks like SF has shut down its facility today ... the play tomorrow night
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/05/20 08:06 PM
Looks like Garrett Gilbert may get the start for the Cowboys vs Steelers this Sunday...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3025...sburgh-steelers
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/05/20 09:09 PM
Guess I am a Cowboys fan for a week. Gilbert could be interesting. Hope he doesn't get cream-ated [sic]. Whip 'em for us!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/05/20 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
Looks like Garrett Gilbert may get the start for the Cowboys vs Steelers this Sunday...

#Championship
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 11/07/20 07:55 PM
Since we let him walk he will become a franchise QB....

rofl
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 01:05 PM
The Cleveland Browns bye week rooting guide

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/08/browns-bye-week-rooting-guide-afc-playoff-picture/

The Cleveland Browns are off on Sunday. Sitting at 5-3 in the bye week, it’s a chance for Browns fans to watch other games goign on with an eye toward the Browns’ chances for the postseason.

Here are games with direct implications for the Browns in the AFC playoff derby.

Baltimore Ravens at Indianapolis Colts: Both teams are 5-2, which means the loser here will be tied with the Browns for seeding in the AFC playoff race. The Browns have beaten the Colts already but lost to the Ravens. That means if Baltimore wins, the Browns move up to the No. 6 spot because they own the head-to-head tiebreaker with the Colts. If the Colts win, the Browns stay at No. 7 but will get a chance to seize their own destiny later this season with the home rematch with the Ravens.

Las Vegas Raiders at Los Angeles Chargers: The Raiders are 4-3 after winning in Cleveland last week. They’re the closest competitor to the Browns for the final Wild Card berth and they own the head-to-head tiebreaker. The Chargers are 2-5 despite having just a minus-6 point differential on the season, better than both the Raiders (-16) and Browns (-31). Go Chargers.

Chicago Bears at Tennessee Titans: Tennessee currently leads the AFC South at 5-2, ahead of the Colts on a tiebreaker. This is a game against an NFC opponent. A Bears win would help the Browns a lot, especially if the Titans hold on and eventually win the AFC South.

Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals: As is the case with Tennessee, it’s always favorable for the Browns to have an AFC competitor lose to an NFC team. Miami is 4-3 and won last week despite rookie Tua Tagovailoa having a lousy day and the offense attaining just eight first downs. A Dolphins win makes the Browns’ path to the postseason muddier.

Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons: Denver is 3-4 and that leaves them within striking distance. Losing at 2-6 Atlanta, which has won two of its last three, could effectively squash the Denver momentum. Go Falcons.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 02:44 PM
Man I dunno bout you guts but I’m super excited for Brees vs Brady tonight!!!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 03:20 PM
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

#Championship

I have a feeling this will be a very close game. Steelers tend to have at least one let-down game each season.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 03:45 PM
Originally Posted By: sk8termom

#Championship

I have a feeling this will be a very close game. Steelers tend to have at least one let-down game each season.

Too much turmoil down there. It won't be this week.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 06:20 PM
7-0 Colts
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 06:29 PM
Jackson is proving what I thought he was Great Athlete and Runner, but a below average passer ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 06:34 PM
RATS 7 COLTS 7 Defensive TD for the RATS
Posted By: drobs Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 07:05 PM
I'm watching the Texans-Jags. We should run, run and then run again. If Chubb is back, I'm hoping we pound it for 200+. Jags, who only had 6 sacks on the season, have also been able to put pressure on Watson. Their starting LG is also now out (Kelemeche (sp)).

Therefore we are bound to balls the game up.

Run it and plenty of PA.
Posted By: drobs Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 07:10 PM
Houston is also down 4 LBs, I think. Man, that must suck. I dont like seeing injuries.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 09:09 PM
Houston trying to hang on to a 27-25 lead at JAX onside kick coming
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By: sk8termom

#Championship

That must be tough on the fans.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 09:22 PM
Rooting for the Chargers to beat the Raiders and the Cardinals to beat Miami
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 09:23 PM
Gilbert starting for Dallas
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 09:55 PM
Man, watching some of these games today I don't think there is any chance the Browns make the playoffs. I can see a 7-9 finish. Just don't have any confidence in this team.

It would be nice to see the players and coaching staff rise up to the challenge for once, but I need to actually see it happen to believe it will.

This has a very Mike Pettine 7-3 start to the season feel to it.

The team is very soft mentally. Proved that against the average Raiders.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 09:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Man, watching some of these games today I don't think there is any chance the Browns make the playoffs. I can see a 7-9 finish. Just don't have any confidence in this team.

It would be nice to see the players and coaching staff rise up to the challenge for once, but I need to actually see it happen to believe it will.

Chubb coming back changes a lot of things ... Watch and see thumbsup
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:04 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Chubb coming back changes a lot of things ... Watch and see thumbsup

What about Teller? I haven't heard anything on him, I think he's just as important as our line was really steam rolling people in the run game with him in.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:05 PM
....and of course the Steelers are going to suck today, I started Ben accross the board in fantasy leagues I own him in. He's giving me nothing against that joke of a defense.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:19 PM
So you telling me that gilbert can score a TD against the Steelers, but baker can’t?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:20 PM
We should trade Baker for Gilbert.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:24 PM
We shouldn’t.

But that would be such a browns thing to happen if Gilbert bears the Steelers and we can’t.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:26 PM
Take any bad thing that can happen and you can apply the "that would be so Browns" label to it and it would have an air of truth to it.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:33 PM
Roethlisberger just got crushed.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:41 PM
Then he gets up and throws a TD pass.
banghead
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:43 PM
Hey it’s Rudolph. The guy Myles politely returned a helmet to.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:47 PM
Roeth is in the locker room. He was carted off with an apparent knee injury.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Roeth is in the locker room. He was carted off with an apparent knee injury.

He walked/limped off but didn’t finish the half.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 10:55 PM
I stand corrected. Guys on the radio said he was carted off.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 11:02 PM
Looks like a sprained MCL for Big Ben. Steelers will win this, but they surely do look passive today (so far).

I actually thought Gilbert would be OK .. I always liked him with us to be honest

Sadly, it looks like like the Raiders are a playoff team and are getting better
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 11:17 PM
Was Derek Carr always able to throw deep but just never did it?
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 11:19 PM
Wasn’t he throwing deep a lot before he broke his leg that one year?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 11:38 PM
Kyler Murray is so fun and good.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/08/20 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Kyler Murray is so fun and good.

He reminds me of those water spiders that zip through a swimming pool at the speed of light.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:07 AM
Man... I thought the Chargers had that, so close,
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:13 AM
I'm starting to feel horrible for the Chargers. Brutal.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:18 AM
Dallas takes a horrible roughing the passer on 3rd and 10.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:19 AM
Why didn't McCarthy challenge that? Looked like Johnson stepped on the line from that reverse angle.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:23 AM
j/c:

The three late games have been awesome. Lot's of drama.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:24 AM
Kyler Murray is so good, Gilbert looks like an NFL QB.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:29 AM
OMG the Steelers got away with a horse collar on a QB? Horrible!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:33 AM
Tua leading the Dolphins to a win over the Cards.

Gonzalez comes up short.

Dolphins might be a thorn in the Browns side for a wild card spot.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:36 AM
Nice throw and catch by Gilbert and Lamb
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:53 AM
Tough afternoon for us ... Steelers win, Dolphins win, Raiders win blah
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:56 AM
AFC PLAYOFF CHASE TODAY

DIVISION LEADERS

AFC NORTH - PITTSBURGH 8-0
AFC EAST - BUFFALO 7-2
AFC SOUTH - TENNESEE 6-2
AFC WEST - KASAS CITY 8-1

WILD CARD CHASE

RAVENS - 6-2 Hold Tie Breaker over us (Head to Head)
BROWNS - 5-3
RAIDERS - 5-3 Hold Tie Breaker over us (Head to Head)
COLTS - 5-3 we Hold Tie Breaker over them (Head to Head)
DOLPHINS - 5-3
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 12:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Tough afternoon for us ... Steelers win, Dolphins win, Raiders win blah

Not too bothered by the Steelers winning, we're not going to catch them anyway.

I did expect Arizona to win, that was a big time bummer.

We have a favorable schedule the rest of the way, just take care of business and don't worry about needing help from other teams.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 01:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Looks like a sprained MCL for Big Ben. Steelers will win this, but they surely do look passive today (so far).

I actually thought Gilbert would be OK .. I always liked him with us to be honest

Sadly, it looks like like the Raiders are a playoff team and are getting better

I can't believe the Steelers won this. Cowboys played great, especially their QB. Hope Ben is OK.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 02:08 AM
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 02:22 AM
Well, this game is certainly not going the way I expected.
Posted By: homer_brown Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 03:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
Well, this game is certainly not going the way I expected.

Brady looks like weeden tonight
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 10:15 AM
Brady looked horrendous (and so did their OL). New Orleans beat them in the trenches on both ends and was the total aggressor ... it was like us vs Pittsburgh
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 02:24 PM
Gilbert played well until the Steelers went into Blitz mode as they did to us. Then he made some bad mistakes.

I always thought Gilbert was very similar to Baker except he does not possess the arm strength that Baker does. He is a pretty good QB for the West Coast system. He makes quick decisions.

Although the Steelers won, as the Cowboys had to play against the referee's as is the case with anyone who plays against the Steelers, starting fights, etc. I think if they stick with Gilbert they will win their Division!

I am Happy for Gilbert as he is a Texan and this would be his dream team to play for.

Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 02:42 PM
Maybe some of you already saw this, but damn...

Bucs Set NFL Record

The NFL has existed for more than 100 years and in that time, no team had ever done what the Tampa Bay Buccaneers did on Sunday. During the Buccaneers 38-3 loss to the Saints, Tampa Bay somehow only managed five rushing attempts, which set the NFL record for fewest rushing attempts in a game.

Ronald Jones: Three carries for nine yards.
Leonard Fournette: One carry for zero yards.
Blaine Gabbert: One carry for negative-one yard.

If you're scoring at home, that's five carries for eight yards. Before Sunday, the NFL record for fewest carries in a game was six and that had actually been done four times. In a twist of fate, Tom Brady was also involved in one of those games. (click for more details)

Crazy!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 02:46 PM
That is unthinkable. Brady was awful. That surprised me more. Hats off to the Aints! thumbsup
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 04:19 PM
Blaine Gabbert!?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 04:25 PM
Now that I see that, I do remember thinking last night: “have they even run it at all?” Crazy
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Maybe some of you already saw this, but damn...

Bucs Set NFL Record

The NFL has existed for more than 100 years and in that time, no team had ever done what the Tampa Bay Buccaneers did on Sunday. During the Buccaneers 38-3 loss to the Saints, Tampa Bay somehow only managed five rushing attempts, which set the NFL record for fewest rushing attempts in a game.

Ronald Jones: Three carries for nine yards.
Leonard Fournette: One carry for zero yards.
Blaine Gabbert: One carry for negative-one yard.

If you're scoring at home, that's five carries for eight yards. Before Sunday, the NFL record for fewest carries in a game was six and that had actually been done four times. In a twist of fate, Tom Brady was also involved in one of those games. (click for more details)

Crazy!

The last "rush" was them taking a knee at the end of the game. So it was actually only 4 true attempts, but in the book as 5.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 05:23 PM
That Brady dude was holding the ball too long and staring down his receivers all night.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 06:04 PM
That Brady dude was holding the ball too long and staring down his receivers all night.

Snarky. But, to keep it real....among ranked qbs, Brady is 11th overall in Time to Throw and Baker is last.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 06:33 PM
Just clarifying, that stat is the time it takes the QB to release the ball, and does not necessarily reflect the amount of time that the QB is given from his blockers to throw the ball, right?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/09/20 11:42 PM
I don't understand the question.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 12:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Snarky. But, to keep it real....among ranked qbs, Brady is 11th overall in Time to Throw and Baker is last.

Snarky, perhaps, but still true.

When even the very knowledgeable broadcaster that has played the game is saying he is holding the ball too long, you have to believe it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 02:21 AM
j/c:

Terrible call on the Jets roughing Cam. That was a clean ht.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 02:24 AM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 02:29 AM
It was violent, but he hit him shoulder to shoulder.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 02:33 AM
That is a TD for the Jets! What a freaking throw by Flacco and great footwork by Crowder.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 04:08 AM
What is this clock management by Belichick?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 10:00 AM
Pats win .. though I’m not sure the Jets should be all that mad about it. Having a top 2 pick is THAT important this year
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 11:49 AM
Best possible outcome for the Jets.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/10/20 12:40 PM
They showed the Jets remaining schedule....the only 2 teams they play with losing records are the Chargers and the Pats again. The rest are 5-3 or better. Right now, we look like the easiest team they have yet to play.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/11/20 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Yeah he should stop extending plays and rolling out. You are really becoming less and less football and more a stat guy regarding Baker...you just have no shame...lol laugh
© DawgTalkers.net